[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA thread #907: Rick Ghastley Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
File: 1466474606061.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1466474606061.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47883527
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat

http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>47883527
>>
File: 9dcb25f5638d0975df2ab7f8c74cf4.gif (481 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
9dcb25f5638d0975df2ab7f8c74cf4.gif
481 KB, 500x281
Jumpers are there any jumps that you feel should have had a soundtrack perk, but unfortunately did not? I can not help but feel a great sadness that there is no soundtrack option in the FFXIV, Star Wars, and LoZ jumps.
>>
>>47890855
Too many to count sadley.
>>
>>47890855
Just get the soundtrack perk from Aquaria.
>Additionally, you will discover that, while the Verse itself may not be a part of these worlds, they have their own songs, and your newfound talents will work just as well in conjunction with those songs as they would before your departure.
>>
>>47890855
Kamen Rider
Any of them

Speaking of. These are Core Medals I'm thinking of Creating, and making into Combos.
Thoughts Jumpers?

Kamen Rider Core Medals Combos-
Yeerks/Gou'auld/Las Plagas
Cazador/Death Claw/Rad Scorpian
Hungarian Horntail/Monster Hunter Dragon/Familiar of Zero Dragon(Not a Song Dragon)
Alpha Centauri Mind Worms/Xenofungus/Locusts from Chaeron
Salamander/Kraken/Golem?
>>
>>47890898
Sounds neat. What are you thinking of for powers and Combo bonuses?
>>
>>47890920
That I have not figured out yet.
The first Combo is all Parasites, maybe it would let me take over the enemy's body?
Second Combo would likely make me stupidly fast, and able to rip through the enemy
Dragon Combo is pretty obvious
Not sure for the fourth combo
And Elemental Combo would hopefully let me control the Elements
>>
>>47890855
Bubblegum Crisis. It's been over a decade since i last saw that but i still remember the soundtrack.

Also anything with music by Nobuo Uematsu.
>>
>>47890855
Okami definitely.
>>
>>47890898
New Combo. God knows what it does
Lolith Born Spiders/Rom Born Spiders/Ungoliant Born Spiders
>>
>>47891123
Needs more GIFTS.
>>
>>47891123
It makes me very happy. Probably spawn lots of eldritch darkness spiders who are very very hungry?
>>
>>47891130
GIFTS are both Sapient and non-evil.
Maybe their Evil Cousins who like Magic could replace one of them. But the three I chose are not only Giant Spiders, but born from a god-like being.
>>
>>47891130
Although, Tommy, I have a question
You wouldn't mind terribly if I use a Basilisk to make a One-Off Medal? That doesn't fit into a combo.
Or maybe it'll fit into a combo I make later
>>
>>47890920
As the guy who proposed the Centauri combo my general plan was Xenofungus head boosts intelligence slightly and allows slight manipulation of plant matter, Locust arms have wings and telekinesis, and Mind Worm legs burrow and are serpentine in joints. Combo would probably be forming a full on horde of energy Centauri life forms for bullet hell mode. I'm considering handing the Medals to Jormangandr, god knows he already has enough insanity perks that becoming a Greeed isn't likely to make him too much worse.
>>
>>47891165
Basilisks aren't unique to Harry Potter, they're a known quantity in mythology.
>>
>>47891182
Yes. But Basilisks vary from source to source. Like the giant chicken ones from D&D.
I like the Snake ones the most, and HP is the easiest place to get them.

>>47891179
>Centauri life forms for bullet hell mode
This is just beautiful Merchant
>>
Can I get some help with finding a list of anti-mind/soul corruption perks?
>>
>>47891256
Dream Power from Kirby, immunity to mind control and possession.
>>
>>47891294
I kind of need anti-corruption perks, not anti-control perks.
>>
>>47891311
Dream Power gives anti-corruption, too, actually. That anon just didn't mention it.
>>
>>47891256
Black-Hearted Bastard from Once Upon A Time, stops corruption through you actions, use of magic, or outside influence.

Corruption Adept from Spyro, still has the outside effects of corruption but no mental effects, letting you get benefits without downsides. Except for appearances.

Power of Dominance from Castlevania, means your soul can't be harmed without your consent.

Index from A Certain Magical Index, vastly increased resistance to mental poisoning, and nigh-complete immunity to the form of mental poisoning a grimoire uses.
>>
>>47891311
Ah sorry I read that as control.
>>47891325
It doesn't say anything about anti-corruption, or even imply it really. I'd copy and paste it but I can't seem to copy it for some reason.
>>
>>47891256
Kingdom Hearts has a few.
Don't Ever Change, Battle at the Centre of the Heart and Light My Way all work to one degree or another against mind control/possession/corruption.
The black coat you can buy in the same jump outright blocks corruption and taint.
>>
>>47891385
>>47891376
>>47891375
Alright, thanks everyone.
>>
Where can I get shapeshifting clothes/armor?
>>
>>47891488
Drive Clothes from Kingdom Hearts. You can also import a set of clothes you already have.

D&D has various shapeshifting outfits. Vestment of Many Styles is one i remember and they're pretty cheap as far as magical items go in-setting.

If you just want to stay clothed Darkstalkers has a perk that lets you magically create clothes and accessories whenever you want to.
>>
>>47891488
Symbiote has those things which can create armor and clothing so long they got matterials.
Ah.
Well I cannot remember anything more, but perhaps something like finding Venom and making such armor based on him (Tony fucking Stark did make an armor based on the symbiotes from Marvel this...it was quite the cool armor).

Thats about all I remember.
>>
>>47890898
Two more Combos

Xenomorhph/Chryssilid/Botfly
Zerg/Tyranid/Rachni

Also, I propose a change to Parasite Combo. Rather than Las Plagas, why not The Flood?
>>
>>47891123
Add whatever Duke's dear Freja is.
For fun.
What are we talking about?
>>
>>47891488
There's probably some Marvel combo with the unstable molecule outfit that should meet your needs.
>>
In the Animal crossing jump it says all companions get a house does that include future companions as well?
>>
>>47891488
Young Justice has a Bio-Suit that can do that.
>>
>>47891567
The OOO Driver in Kamen Rider needs three "Core Medals" made from Animals.
I have the ability to make my own Core Medals.
If you make them right, and the animals are connected in some way. you can make a "set" of Medals. Which Combo together in the OOO Driver.

Combos not only have the "base" ability of each Medal, but also something extra for using them together.
>>
>>47891197
chickens? you're thinking cockatrice's. D&D basilisks are more crocodiles with too many legs and a mean gaze.
>>
>>47891640
Right, sorry, my mistake. I would swear there is SOME setting that has them as Chickens.
Maybe Adventure Quest?
>>
>>47891488
shadowrun has clothes that can change styles and colors.
>>
>>47891654
hell, I dunno. Some myths conflate cockatrices and basilisks so it's quite likely.
>>
What is more useful 3X Potential in Nanoha or Book of Darkness ??
>>
File: R2DYEL.jpg (95 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
R2DYEL.jpg
95 KB, 500x566
So /jc/, how /fit/ are you? Do you even train anymore?
>>
Speaking of symbiote, what other Jumps let you have voices inside your heart?
>>
>>47891735
Incredibly /fit/. But not a Body-builder's build. More lean muscle.
I don't train super often, since I prefer to work in my Lab when I have free time.
But I do it just to keep up my improvements, since I have a perk that makes sure my skills/abilities don't backslide from not using them.
>>
>>47891735
I don't see the point. What's scarier than a tiny cute creature defeating colossus with a slap?
>>
>>47891772
Vanity, Vanity is the point. It's the only point really, when you can look however you want and still have the same power.
>>
>>47891488
Blody roar has a machine that makes your clothes always fit you.
>>
>>47891750
Inside your head.

I should stop writing from my phone.
>>
File: easter-fun.jpg (62 KB, 400x542) Image search: [Google]
easter-fun.jpg
62 KB, 400x542
>>47891750
Dresden Files, pick yourself up a Blackened Denarius, you can thank me later.
>>
>>47891750
Halo has Smart A.I which with the right armor/neural interface can become a voice in your head.

Soul eater has BlackBlood Weapon which due to wavelength communication and being your blood now basically adds another voice to your head.
>>
>>47891750
Portal
Naruto
>>
>>47891735
I'm usually using three different bodies, for variety.
One is /fit/, through not bodybuilder-esque.
One is decidedly not fit at all, just being cute and cuddly instead.
And one is just skin and bones. without the skin, because skeletons best.

And no, I don't work out. There's no point. The /fit/ doesn't deteriorate and I'm too lazy to train for physical strength.
>>
>>47891786
Some of us are vain in how adorably cute we are.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-21-11-59-23.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-21-11-59-23.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
Other than trolling velmas fragile mind by shoving magic down her throat at every chance what is there to do in scooby do?

Wtf captcha
>>
>>47891840
Solve mysteries.
>>
>>47891835
And that's an acceptable option. All options are acceptable.
>>
File: 1465569489304.jpg (134 KB, 409x518) Image search: [Google]
1465569489304.jpg
134 KB, 409x518
>>47891840
>shoving magic down her throat at every chance
>>
>>47891840
Implant a GPS chip in Scooby.

So they stop asking where the fuck is Scooby
>>
File: #Scenario'sFuckedYo.png (806 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
#Scenario'sFuckedYo.png
806 KB, 1000x563
That moment when you Jump and you look at the Perks/Items/Gear, and realise "...I don't need that or that or that..." until you have like only one Perk.

No beef to the Jump Makers tho.
>>
File: 1452250143117.gif (144 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1452250143117.gif
144 KB, 126x126
>>47891868
Yes.
>>
I'd like a second opinion on an idea I have for the Arcanum Jump I'm making before I sink a lot of time into it.

Initially, I was going to have the Backgrounds be mostly fluff, but a number of them really should give boosts and penalties to certain Stats. It was pointed out to me a while ago that if I leave it vague and don't assign some kind of values to things, most Jumpers would be inclined to ignore the text or simply fanwank it as far more powerful than it is.

Example:
Super Model – You are a stunning gorgeous person and have been pampered and coddled all your life as a result. You gain a tremendous bonus to your beauty, but your willpower is weakened, your physical strength significantly reduced, and your intelligence... well, let's just say blonde is a good color for you.

I know I can't just use the +numbers and -numbers the game itself uses, so I was thinking of turning them into a percentage based thing. +10% Strength, -10% Charisma, that kind of thing.

Example:
For Super Model: -20% Strength, -10% Willpower, -30% Intelligence, +60% Beauty.

However, I'm unsure if the board in general would find this an acceptable solution, or if I should just assign "Base Stats" with each Race and establish what the highs and lows of Stats mean in terms of the world at large. Just to be clear, the percentages would /not/ count towards your out of Jump powers. You don't get to go Barbarian Half-Orc and get something like a 80% Strength boost. Unless, you know, that's what everyone wants.

Personally, I think that might make this Jump a bit too much of a power grab, and I don't want that.
>>
>>47891909
If something gives you a permanent drawback nobody is going to take it.
>>
>>47891920
Perhaps I was unclear. The percentages I'm talking about are only to illustrate how much better or worse that option is compared to the standard being in the world. It's not something that would follow you out of the Jump,

So if someone takes a Barbarian Half-Orc, they're going to have a lot of trouble thinking for the duration of the Jump, but not for the rest of their Chain.
>>
>>47891966
But will it let me find Scooby?
>>
>>47891880
>I don't need that or that or that
>Need
Who cares about Need? I want stuff.
Do I need Yet Another Speed boosting Perk, or Yet Another Super Mode like the 8-Gates? No, but I want them
>>
>>47891909
>>47891966
It get a resounding meh from me. Do the benefits stay after the jump if the downside leaves?
>>
>>47891909
I like it as it is. I hate when people put fixed numbers on things, and I think most of us are... Mature is the wrong word, but let's just say mature anyway... enough to handle those backgrounds. I'd just make it clear that you either keep or lose the positives and the negatives. Otherwise people will wank that they get to keep the good stuff and lose the bad stuff.
>>
>>47891909
I don't think you need hard numbers. Most jumps do quite well without those, and it's not like you can quantify being "60% more beautiful" anyway.

As you can see you're already getting whining about the negatives, so i'd do away with those altogether or make them drawbacks.
Just have each background get a bonus to their iconic attribute and be done with it.
>>
>>47891588

Bump
>>
File: #GoodPoint.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
#GoodPoint.jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
>>47892010
I'm more of:
"Do I need this? Yes or No? No? Cool. Do I want it? Yes or No?" At that point, the answer's usually no.

Well, that, and I like being efficient too.
>>
>>47891588
>>47892050
Pretty sure it's just the companions you import that get houses.
>>
>>47891992
There's a whole Divination school that I think you'll enjoy.

>>47892015
I'm really leery about doing that. I'm not charging any CP for Races or Backgrounds, so I'm trying not to hand a ton of power out for free.

Specifically though, why is it meh?

>>47892023
I can see I will need to make some kind of note to that effect, yes. That's a good idea about making it an all or nothing affair though. Thank you.

>>47892040
See, that's exactly the opposite of what was pointed out to me when I posted an early form of the WIP with no stats assigned to anything. As it is now, the backgrounds make mention of certain "stats" going up and down by vague amounts, but it was suggested I make them something more concrete.
>>
>>47892099
>Specifically though, why is it meh?
Twofold. First, you said it only affect in-jump base stats, which means practically any perk blows the bonus/penalty out of the water.

Second, I'm ambivalent about fixed numbers.
>>
>>47892099
HA! My ruse was successful! By asking you how to find Scooby, I can find Magatama from Nocturne in SMT jump, to become a Demi Fiend. SMT anon said that one can do it without perk, it's just hard.

Question.
If you take Demon race, can you take the Demon Fusion perk? If so, how does it work.

Is the Nocturne Magatama different in any way? Can't you just make one with sacrificial bestowment or have someone make it, then proceed to take it into you?
>>
>>47892178
I mean, the Demon fusion that makes you into a weaker Demi fiend. Didn't it require you to be human?
>>
>>47892178
I... think you've misunderstood. I'm not that Jumpmaker. I was merely responding to your question in jest.

>>47892157
Perhaps I will just toss the numbers aside and work on something more productive then. It seems to be fairly meh across the board. I'll just stick with generic descriptions and let people do what they want with it.
>>
>>47890891
Does it really work that way?
>>
>>47892212
I am aware you are not that jumpmaker. I was also making a joke, followed by legitimate questions
>>
>>47892252
Fuck if I know, but that's how I'm interpreting it.
>>
>>47892284
I really need a picture of Buzz Killington to post for when I fail to recognize humor in such an epic fashion. I'll google one up later.
>>
File: Kon wan wan.gif (369 KB, 288x199) Image search: [Google]
Kon wan wan.gif
369 KB, 288x199
>>47891735
I tend to keep myself soft and cute, but my wife generally goes about built like the contents of a Hammerfell armoury.

>>47891840
Cook for a couple groovy dudes, open a professional prosthetic make up company, and entertainingly lucrative abandoned property realty.
Captcha once gave me a picture of the moon landing flag for "street signs."
>>
>>47887937
11. Generic Sugar Bowl

- Background: Drop-In
- Perks: Lets's Get Going {Discount, 800}, Let's Get Down To Business {Discount, 700}, Who's a Good Kitty? {500}, Sharing is Caring {300}
- Items: Lucky Charm {200}, Picture Book Of Secrets {0}
- Future: Move On

>"Aдмиpaл, пocмoтpитe! Oни нacтoлькo мaл!"

>"Please, Armenia, you know I can't speak Russian very well."

>"Sorry, sorry. I mean to say, 'Admiral, look! They are so tiny!' Can we keep one?"

>"These are people!"

>"Oh! That would explain why they are babbling in fear. I am sorry, little people!"

We need a new Slot 7 again.
>>
>>47892404
Kirby
>>
Rolled 1 (1d8)

>>47892426
>1. Jade Cocoon
>2. Wakfu
>3. Cardcaptor Sakura
>4. Fairy Tail
>5. FFTA
>6. Teen Titans
>7. Kirby
>8. Aion
>>
>>47892404
Moar Kamen Rider for the list
>>
So if I use Plug N Play to use Switches with the OOOs Driver does that make me Kamen Rider 444s?
>>
>>47892550
Maybe. But given that OOO is pronounced "Oze" (like you'd say the plural of O), 444 would be pronounced..."Fourze". So I'm not sure anyone would notice your word play.
>>
>>47892550
Not gonna lie, it took me a moment to get the joke.
Then I laughed.
>>
>>47892178
u cheeky fookin' nando's

You, and a demon of the Race chosen for the Perk's effects, fused with a human. Whether the demon you were became the dominant personality, or your in-jump self becomes the human, is something I'm letting you fanwank.

They're made from tougher demons. Also, they literally don't exist without a shitton of time travel and universe hopping to get you to the Nocturne era. I do not approve of this, and if you try to say you become just as powerful as Demi-Fiend and gain the power to blow up universes by flexing (even though that's not how it works), I will laugh at you.

You can use Sacrificial Bestowment on yourself, but the Magatama does nothing for you, because it is you. But yes, you can go human and have a demon companion make a Magatama for you, and get your magic glowy tattoos on. Just, keep in mind that the Demi-Fiend's Magatama was hand picked by Lucifer. You'll likely surpass the donor in time, but don't expect to become THAT powerful.

>>47892199
If you mean the Boosted version, then you start the jump from the perspective of the human, seeing as the demon you were before is now a horrible parasitic worm.

>>47887446
2 years to get all the power in it, then one more decade on top to attain mastery.

I'm 99,99% certain someone else asked me something last thread, but I can't find it anymore. Please speak up if you're here, mysterious asky person.

>>47888184
...Thank you for reminding me of that Semblance. Now I know where I'm going after Xena/Hercules.
>>
>>47891256
cardfight! vanguard
>>
Rolled 4 (1d8)

>>47885786
27 Viscera Cleanup Detail
Age 36
Aerospace Sanitation Inc. Janitor
Cleanup Detail 101, Dr. Janitor, If You Would(Particle Physics)-300, Sanitized Earth -100, What Kinda Party Was This? -100, Nerves of Steel -100,
A-Series Space-Mop, MuckGyver Sniffer, R2 High Energy Plasma Laser Welder -50, Rooks Keep Figurines/Ballistic Weapon Toys -50,
Import(Terra[Human, Aerospace Sanitation Inc. Janitor, Cleanup Detail 101, Nerves of Steel -100, A-Series Space-Mop, MuckGyver Sniffer, Slosh-O-Matic Bucket Dispenser/What-A-Load Disposal Bins Bin Dispenser -200], Kameko[Human, Aerospace Sanitation Inc. Janitor, Cleanup Detail 101, A-Series Space-Mop, MuckGyver Sniffer, X-Butanateor Incinerator/Fireplace/Woodchipper -300], Aurelia[Human, Aerospace Sanitation Inc. Janitor, Cleanup Detail 101, Hacking? -150, Nerves of Steel -100, A-Series Space-Mop, MuckGyver Sniffer, R2 High Energy Plasma Laser Welder -50], Yukiko[Human, Polar Sanitation Co., Sanitized Earth, Christmas Crisis Averted -150, Cleanup Detail 101 -100, A-Series Space-Mop, Rooks Keep Figurines/Ballistic Weapon Toys, MuckGyver Sniffer -50], Morgan[Human, Dark Pact Estate Agency, Nerves of Steel, The Cask of Amontillado -300, A-Series Space-Mop, A taxidermied Deer Head], Glacia[Human, Polar Sanitation Co., Sanitized Earth, A-Series Space-Mop, Rooks Keep Figurines/Ballistic Weapon Toys, The Office -300], Li[Human, Dark Pact Estate Agency, Nerves of Steel, House of Honor -150, Cleanup Detail 101 -100, A-Series Space-Mop, A taxidermied Deer Head, Evil Book -50], Aine[Human, Zilla Enterprize, What Kinda Party Was This?, Ka-Ching -150, Cleanup Detail 101 -100, A-Series Space-Mop, Mr. Two Million Dollars, MuckGyver Sniffer -50])-300,
Well, we're kept busy, but not too busy for spending time at the bar. Really, that seems all there is to do here.
Continue
1 Changeling the Lost
2 Teen Titans
3 Madoka
4 Bleach
5 Johnny Test
6 Final Fantasy XIV
7 Innistrad
8 Squirrel and Hedgehog
>>
>>47892813
Welp, time to completely derail the final arc before the first one. Need a new 4.
>>
>>47892827
Weird Wild West?
>>
>>47892827
God of War
A certain magical index
>>
>>47892843
queued
>>47892859
saved and saved.
>>
>>47892319
>built like the contents of a Hammerfell armoury.
Alright. It made me giggle.
>>
Who are the best snipers in the chain?

also what are the best mind control emotion/control perks.

Would people like jak and daxter, crash or zendikar next week?
>>
>>47893109
Zendikar, please.
>>
>>47893109
Zendikar sounds fun
>>47893115
you just want to be there when the eldraazi arrive don't you?
>>
>>47893109
Zendikar.
I must give Zendikar an Avacyn Tier Angel
Let Sorin figure THAT one out
>>
File: the swan.png (310 KB, 1027x587) Image search: [Google]
the swan.png
310 KB, 1027x587
What Jumps are good to start?
>>
>>47893109
>Who are the best snipers in the chain?
I dunno, The End?
>>
>>47893160
asuras wrath or god of war as a civilian.

more seriously quichsilvers early jumps are all good starting points or hp if your going magic focused.
>>
how dangerous is cardfight! vanguard for a cray native
>>
>>47893160
PS238 is what I'm starting on for my latest chain. In one relatively low-risk jump, you can get extreme physical durability and the happiness and willpower boosts needed to survive mentally as a jumper. Granted, the extreme physical durability requires you to take a drawback that makes people think less of you, but with those happiness and willpower perks their cruel words won't get you down. You can probably even have enough points left over for some enhanced mental capacities through Miscellaneous Meta, too.
>>
>>47893160
If you don't pick a fight with Nazarik or take the Rival Guild drawback the Overlord LN jump is one of the safest you can take.
You start with a massive amount of power, with only a small handful of beings even being capable of threatening you, and they don't know you exist and won't care unless you start making waves. Even then you have a good chance at friendly contact (or you can just take a perk for that).
>>
>>47893129
With a baseball bat. And ideally with Nahiri as well. Boy, wouldn't that be a mindfuck.
>>
>>47893160
The Kamen Rider jumps offer some very good starting point with a moderate threat level (without drawbacks).
>>
File: image.jpg (602 KB, 1249x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
602 KB, 1249x1920
>>47893109
DC verse has two the best snipers. John Stewart & some hermit crab in Sinestro Corps. Said hermit crab was able to snipe from 3 space sectors away. John was able to counter snipe said sniper.
>>
>>47893225
>abusing a bancho jump for easy power
>ever
It's your chain, man.
>>
File: WitcherJump.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
WitcherJump.pdf
1 B, 486x500
The Witcher Jump is relatively complete
Change log:
>> New companions
>> new drawbacks
>> Updated master blade
>> Tons of spelling corrections
>>
So, uh, how does adopting a jump work here? I ask because I've been thinking about finishing the Generic video game developer.
>>
>>47893319
Is it in the up for adoption folder? If so, all you gotta do is announce your intent and you're good to go. Do what you like.
>>
>>47893351
Then that is what I shall do. Thanks
>>
>>47893311
If I'm being honest, it's not the power I care about so much as it is the low-risk environment to get mental stability perks in. FISS is just gratis. If you have a more interesting idea for me to spend the 700CP I have left after buying Strong Because I Need To Be and Happy and Content on, I'll do it.
>>
>>47893319
>generic video game developer
>not game dev tycoon
Why do people insist on generic Jumps when there are actual media?
>>
>>47893312
Thanks WC! Looks a lot better now! Is there way to get the Master Blade in the jump?
>>
>>47893418
sometimes the generic ones can be more fun. Like the western or wuxia ones. I'm not sure about this one so we will have to see what becomes of it.
>>
>>47893435
>WC
It's Mad Hatter, not Wild Card.
>>
>>47893437
I like Generic Virtual World and Imaginary Friend too.
>>
>>47893418
Look, that's just what's in the adoption folder. I can change the title if you want, but it won't change anything in the actual jump.
>>
Was there a perk somewhere that let you use one resource pool to power things that normally use a different one? I vaguely remember something like that, but can't seem to find it.
>>
>>47893443
My bad. Derp.
>>
>>47893435
Many, question about the Arrowverse:
Say you had a pair of wings, from body mod, for instance.
If you take Speedforce, how fast could you fly?
>>
>>47893489
Unless your flight equals your running speed, you'll fly at slower speed. If you take like Gravity Fall's flight then you'll be flying as fast as you can run. So you'll be super speed flying.
>>
>>47893489
>When you took Bodymod so long ago you thought buying wings could be a good idea.
>>
>>47891735
Yeah, not as much as I use to though. Most of my time is spent dabbling with tech or researching magic. Which is training in a sense, as that makes me stronger all around, not just physically.

Training now is less lifting weights and running, and more pushing my abilities to their limits, finding what I can and can't do. Combining abilities and learning new ones is also very important. My time in Civilization will be basically training 24/7 for 12,000 years
>>
File: Pokefluffs.png (2 MB, 1174x861) Image search: [Google]
Pokefluffs.png
2 MB, 1174x861
>>47893160
Overlord light novel version. Seriously fun setting and you can gain a shit load of magic/fighting/rogue skills depending on you're origin.
>>
Alright, I seem to have acquired a hollow companion what should her base form look like? She'll obviously evolve over time(especially since I'm gonna feed tons of hollows and bach to her probably more quincy than just him, but definitely him)
>>
Innistrad
o 300 church, Angel
o Avacyn will protect
o Benevolent protection
o 200 Archmage
o 200 Blessing
o 300 take shelter beneath my wings
o 100 Warding
o 100 Gather to me
o 1000 Protector
o +1200 All Hail Gitrog, In Need of a Protector, Lab Escape, Suspicious Lot

Note: Previous jumps don't matter, I took a shadows drawback. Suspicious lot is free points, for the same reason.

I'm going to summon an Avacyn equivalent protector(she's dead, so it isn't prevented, and griselbrand is either dead or gone, but either way not in the Helvault). Mine's more of a teacher, than a protector, building up their own ability to handle things, helping people cure curses like lycanthropy or vampirism if they want to... but also fully aware that killing a thousand vampires now would keep her from needing to kill ten thousand over the next centure... (aka wiping them out by 'cure' or kill will ultimately keep more vampires from dying, much less humans)... though she's not going to start on that policy immediately.

Anyway, my Angel deals with Gitrog, then we resurrect Avacyn (white magic is good at that), and I stay pretty much in the background, gathering scrolls and such for learning other sorts of magic. Post jump, I'll explore the other 4 colors more.
>>
>>47893565
MFW I read that as "pokesluts" at first.
>>
>>47893664
Do you have something you want to tell us many perhaps a furry little secret?
>>
>>47893664
God my jumper isn't that far gone as to resort to sentient animals. He gives them human or robotic forms first.
>>
>>47893474
Conjoined Conjures from Card Captor Sakura lets you do that, but only with magic.
>>
I have a problem, /jc/. I promised and alluded to adding setting imports to Generic Parenting. Thing is, there seems to be no way to do this without opening a can of worms or five.

Make it like SOL? Trying to balance that with any current perks or powers.

Attach to a jump? Supplements like that were tried long before I came here, and nobody is okay with those.

Mini-Return option? Stepping on the Warehouse toes.

I'm stumped. What do.
>>
>>47893687
Nope.

>>47893715
Robot forms? We talking like Jack x Arcee? Or more platonic?
>>
>>47893631
You realise that violates the avacynian religion in the most horrific manner? they hate revives.
>>
>>47893728
Leave it as is. You've already got the dice roll letting you import on an 8, why break it?
>>
File: 45.png (184 KB, 646x540) Image search: [Google]
45.png
184 KB, 646x540
>>47893198
>>47893225
>>47893237
>>47893248
Thanks for the reply!
I will go with Overlord then.

1.Overlord
-Race: Demon (-400)
-Background: Player / Magic Caster
-Perks:
-Tolerance for evil (free)
-Personal Inventory (-50)
-Themed Aesthetics(-50)
-Shared Language(Free)
-The 42 Supreme Being (-1000, damn!)
-Level one hundred (Free)
-Class Skills (Arcane Caster)
-Items: Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown (Free)
-Companions: Homunculus Maid
-Drawbacks:
-Foreigner (+100)
-Smug Prick (+100)
-Cartoonishly Evil (+300)
At the End: Falling from the World Tree
I am doing this right?

>Everyone who isn´t from Nazarick is shit SHIIIIT!!
>>
>>47893776
demon discount from supreme being you have 300 cp left
>>
>>47893687
>Secret
>>
>>47893776
You get a 300CP discount from 42nd on your race. Also being a player gives you a further 50% off from the leftover cost.

I'd suggest buying some of the Magic Caster perks. Both the Dark Wisdom and Abyss of Magic perks are pretty powerful.
Realm of Heroes is also an option, since it stacks with your free level 100.

You also get a free NPC companion with 400cp and both level 100 and Realm of Heroes free if you have those, thanks to 42nd.
>>
>>47893760
Wait, what?
>Checks

Son of a bitch, I knew I forgot something. That line was in the doc before I dummied out my initial draft of setting imports. It refers to a feature that doesn't exist yet.

Is this what it feels like to be Bethesda?
>>
>>47893862
It's not a bug, it's a feature.
>>
File: 23.png (45 KB, 288x344) Image search: [Google]
23.png
45 KB, 288x344
>>47893784
Really? thanks for point it out. i will take Embroiled in Politics instead of Foreigner.
Innate Talent:
-Create Magic Items
-Use any Magic Item.
>>
>>47891868
>>shoving magic down her throat at every chance
Elona's Magical Body perk and Negima's Gift of the Thousand Master. Just something to consider.
>>
>>47893892
I wish I could somehow bring the Etherwind to every setting I visit.
>>
>>47893892
Actually part of my combo for magic body.
>>
>>47892843
If you're still here, do the powers offered by the demon races qualify as magic/spiritual for the purpose of perks that enhance those kinds of abilities? For example would a Herald's aura/other powers be boosted by Gift of the Thousand Master from Negima or a Human Soul from Undertale? Both?
Would either boost their physical abilities as well, since the abilities of a Demon are provided by their 'Demonic Power'?
And finally, for a Herald's Aura, does it hurt everything it touches, including your allies, or can you control what it destroys? Does it affect nonorganic matter, like rocks/metal/robots etc.?
>>
>>47892663

What would be the difference in power versus a demon fusion perk and having a Demon Companion make a Magatama for me and me using it?

Like, innately would the fused with demon be more powerful? Since I didn't beat Nocturne so I'm having trouble understanding how does turning a human into Demi-fiend like thing work. I mean, I clearly won't have the levels of power of Demi-Fiend, but...

Does it have to be SMT human or any human alt form?

...Wait, so wait, I think I got it. The Demon Fusion with Dormant Power gives the jumper a WEAKER way weaker version of the Magatama that Demi Fiend has, and the only thing that determines how powerful said fusion is is the Magatama itself, and you simply get tattoos and a horn no matter what Magatama you use?

If so, how hard would it be to find a Magatama of similar level of power as the one from Dormant Power + Demon Fusion? It's clearly weaker than the Demi-FIend one, but more powerful than regular fusion.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d8)

>>47892813
28 Bleach
Age 16
Drop-In
Karakura Town
Keikaku Dori, Slaughter Mode, Creative -150, More Power -200, Spirit Power -400, Soul Builder -400,
Hell Butterfly Eggs, Portal to The Spirit Realm, Suppression Cloak -50, Hollow(Female, Regeneration), Kido Book -400, Quincy Tomes -400,
Quincy Target +1000, Hollow Target,
This place is insane, and now I've got a soul devouring horned masked red headed woman named Ruari following me around. Hmm, she's not too bad, she doesn't seem interested in most of the ghosts, though she ate the ghost of some fool who tried to mug me(seems he has a couple friends, better look into this). She also eats the hollows that are constantly attacking me(though at first I had to weaken or imobilize them for her). Well, off to meet the wizard, and by wizard I mean Urahara. I'm gonna tell him everything I can remember about the Bleach manga and anime, why? because it wouldn't surprise me if he believed me and helped me to derail certain parts of the plot. Not to mention he's a great choice for teaching me more about soul building and his buddy can help me to learn Kido which should make it easy for me to learn from my books. Not to mention I'll offer to store the macguffin in my warehouse so we can claim it's been taken out of this reality when Aizen goes looking for it. Either way I'll probably copy it so I can eventually turn Ruari into an arrancar. I fed Bach to Ruari my second year here, it gave her quite the boost.
Continue
1 Changeling the Lost
2 Teen Titans
3 Madoka
4 Weird Wild West
5 Johnny Test
6 Final Fantasy XIV
7 Innistrad
8 Squirrel and Hedgehog
>>
File: 24.png (404 KB, 832x756) Image search: [Google]
24.png
404 KB, 832x756
>>47893851
W-Woah, the 42 is really op.
I will take Realm of Heroes too then.
Suddenly, my maid is pretty powerfull...
>>
>>47893752
I didn't, no. Looking at the cards after posting, I did get some idea, though a number of Spirits coming back are regarded as good things in flavor text, so I'd assume Angels would too.
>>
>>47893967
Squirrel and Hedgehog. I have no clue what to think about this. God of War takes it's place in the queue.
>>
So, what do you guys think would happen if I tied a not-Avacyn to the First Flame in Dark Souls?
>>
So reposting, due to only having Ansem's input last thread:

Abyssal Semblance + Kingdom Hearts' Heartless summoning perks, to combine Grimm & Heartless into one unit.

Thoughts?
>>
>>47894024
That seems like a BAD idea
>>
>>47894024
Tell her to draw red mana from it and protect it she will eventually become a flaming angel.
>>
So what IS Kingdom Hearts? In the context of people mentioning using Keyblades to unlock it?
>>
>>47894024
She'd start chucking people into the fire whenever it starts to die. But since 3 implies that the fire is weaker and weaker every time, she'll eventually get to the point where she's depopulating countries to feed it. Plus since 3 also shows that the First Flame has been summoning Lords of Cinder to stop kindlings after a while, she'll have to frequently fend off the thing she's protecting. Finally, since 3 also implies that the Flame has started to send visions to the Firekeepers to let it die and go out, it's likely it'll do the same to her and drive her mad like Avacyn herself.

So don't do it.

>>47894069
The worst.
>>
>>47894030
Evil.

>>47894078
The heart of all worlds.
>>
>>47894078
Heart of all World, and a source a great power. Beyond that I've got nothing.
>>
>>47894104
>Evil.

Yes but to what degree.
>>
File: KingdomHeartsBBS.png (79 KB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
KingdomHeartsBBS.png
79 KB, 300x170
>>47894078
If people and worlds can be said to have hearts, then Kingdom Hearts is the heart of the universe. It is effectively the most powerful heart, dwarfing all other hearts in power, and would grant anyone who could harness it incredible strength and knowledge of all things.

Beyond that, it gets pretty vague.
>>
What specialization did you all choose for the Witchcraft perk in Narnia?
I'm can't choose between 'healing' and 'do the work of a hundred labourers with a flick of your wrist'.
>>
>>47894161
An extreme one. You have creatures that feed off of negative emotions and seek to kill all humans combined with the personified darkness in people's hearts that actively seeks other hearts to consume and propagate its kind.
>>
Are drop-ins human for squirrel and hedgehog? Are the animals standard animal sizes or are they all human sized? This setting is weird as fuck, my hollow might eat it.
>>
>>47893930
They count as both, but I'm of the mind that particular example would require something which directly boosts magnitude/allows for overcharging, rather than simple maximum capacity.

You can not control what it targets. Sorry.

The physical, mental, and spiritual effects are all tied together. Since walls don't have a mind or soul, the light simply passes through them. That is to say, it goes through any matter unless said material comprises the body of a thinking being, in which case it is harmed.

Just in case: if you go to a setting like Worm, where it is possible to say souls do not exist, all it needs to target them is a mind.

>>47893941
I'm pretty sure I've said enough about both for a ruling to be inferred. Not trawling through 4plebs to find my own statements. Sorry.

I can tell you the Magatama will give you faster growth though.

Okay, the deal is, a demon-fusee is part-human part-demon. Being a demon grants them great power, while being human grants them great potential. Both of those aspects are diminished in this manner of being.

A Demi-Fiend, on the other hand, has the full power of a demon through his Magatama and the full potential of a human by remaining such in spirit and mind (as regular fusion corrupts both of those aspects towards the demonic).

While a demon-fusee has much more power to start with, a Demi-Fiend gains power through growth even faster and in greater quantities.

That is correct.

Considering that if you (or a Companion) buy Sacrificial Bestowment, you'll literally be the only person in the local multiverse capable of making Magatama?

Very.
>>
>>47894215
They're a range from toddler to cartoon beefcake human sized.
>>
>>47894086
Wait, even after the Flame inevitably dies in 3, it still eventually comes back and starts a new Age of Fire, right?
>>
>>47894104
>>47894113
>>47894168
Can I eat it?
>>
>>47894179
Healing is common. I'd say pick the "work of a hundred" option .
>>
>>47894253
Depends on what ending you go for. In truth, we don't know what happens in the endings where it's killed instead of simply unkindled. Some people speculate that it'll lead to another Age of Dragons type era where a new First Flame will someday coalesce, but we have no information and no way of ever knowing. It's up to you for now, unless the DLC gives us some more information.
>>
>>47894225
Thousand Master and a Human SOUL do directly boost magnitude, so that's fine.
And would they boost their physical abilities?
Sorry for the barrage of questions by the way and thanks for the awesome jump!
>>
>>47894274
Yes, actually.
>>
>>47894235
So insanely strange.
>>47894215
Are drop-ins human here though? cause it doesn't list a species which implies human, I think. If human I can use the import option to grant human form to companions. I'm not messing with my mind by not going drop-in, not in this place. It seems about as sane as food fight.
>>
>>47894316
Pretty sure you stay human.
>>
>>47894225
Does that mean that if the enemy is a non-intelligent murderbot, the Herald Aura wouldn't harm them at all?
>>
>>47894030
>Grimm
>Evil killing-machines that lack a soul

>Heartless
>Souls that have fallen to darkness which lack a body

It almost sounds like mashing these two together would create, like, a complete being? Like, you'd end up with, depending on how you look at it, either a Grimm with a soul or a Heartless with a body? Kind of like how putting a Heartless and a Nobody back together revives the original person?

Just to be contrarian, I'm going to argue you'd create an entirely new being that has the same potential for good or evil as anyone else, though with an affinity for darkness, and that would be different enough that your abilities wouldn't necessarily allow you to control them.
>>
File: vlcsnap-99917.png (405 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-99917.png
405 KB, 704x396
>>47894179
After a lot of thought, I finally considered what it was I really wanted to be able to do as a spellcaster, and chose transmogrification.

So, effectively, I specialize in turning people into things. I cite the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, where Edmund gets turned into a dragon, as evidence that this magic exists.
I mostly use it to be a jerk.

>>47894274
If you can find it, I guess.
Most of Xehanort's grand master plans are just an attempt to do just that. It's sealed away behind some retarded metaphysical barrier that requires like three different kinds of keyblades to unlock or something.
So just do that or cheat.

>>47893728
I still lean towards SOL, mainly because back when I watch watching you talk about it you kept mentioning wanting to make the jump in that vein.

I don't think it's really possible to balance it in comparison to other jumps.
>>
>>47894359
>Souls
Nope. Heartless are hearts. Nobodies are what happens to your mind and soul.
>>
>>47894325
nice, makes the import option useful. Human altforms for everyone! To quickly be turned into immortal cyborg vamwere anghellic monsters.
>>
File: Cruel_Sweets_KHX.png (245 KB, 932x1184) Image search: [Google]
Cruel_Sweets_KHX.png
245 KB, 932x1184
>>47894030
That is one of the worst ideas I've heard in some time. Ignoring the obviously suicidal ones, anyway.

I approve.

I should ask Spyro or Hatty if I can summon the Chi heartless sometime.

>>47894296
...I'd say yes, yes.

>>47894332
That is correct.
>>
>>47894179
I went with "counter-curses," which sounds both like it has a large amount of applications and is narrow enough that I'd get an okay amount of knowledge.
>>
>>47894382
Have you played Chi, SMTAnon? Can you tell us anything about what lore it has added or changed?
>>
>>47894372
I think part of the problem here is that Kingdom Hearts uses different terminology than a lot of other media. Like, what they define as a "heart" would be called a "soul" in a lot of other series. And souls in Kingdom Hearts are pretty similar to just "will."
>>
>>47894316
>It seems about as sane as food fight.
Less so. Food Fight isn't propaganda cartoon, it's just a shitty animation with an extremely terrible plot.

You know what would make a great cartoon jump?
Sausage Party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7fP9q_LyDc
>>
File: Tower_Macaron_KHX.png (77 KB, 490x903) Image search: [Google]
Tower_Macaron_KHX.png
77 KB, 490x903
>>47894403
Sorry, but no.

I actually just want to summon cutesy candy Heartless to see people's reactions.
>>
File: 1442762798248.jpg (274 KB, 756x570) Image search: [Google]
1442762798248.jpg
274 KB, 756x570
So /jc/, over the course of your chain, how many genders have you been?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtCyepuLt8Q
>>
>>47894446
>>
>>47894369
>So just do that or cheat.
Eh, I was mostly just curious. Even setting aside the fact that that sounds cartoonishly evil, it seems like that would probably collapse all of reality and end in a jump failure?
>>
>>47894446
If we're counting neuter as a gender and not a lack of gender, five.
>>
>>47894481
I can only imagine 4. Male, female, both, and neither. What's your supposed 5th?
>>
>>47894446
One
Two if you count "Not a Gender" when I was an Evangalian Angel
>>
>>47894493
Attack Helicopter?
>>
>>47894493
Some alien species in various media have separate genders that are their own thing. Andorrans from Star Trek think have four, but there are others.
I assume that's what they mean.
>>
>>47894446
Would gender identity even be important to someone who's existed for god knows long and regularly reincarnates into new lives and worlds?

You know, flipping a coin to determine sex for non-drop-in origins could be an interesting house rule for writing.
>>
>>47894512
I identify as cruiserkin and this post offends me.
Delete it.
>>
>>47894528
Apparently when you consider that even some of our long term jumpers stubbornly stick to their starting gender even as shapeshifters.
>>
>>47894446
100% Man all the way
>>
>>47894225
Hm...

What if you companied an Aspect of Lucifer that you get from the drawback in Devil Survivor if you beat real Lucifer, who isn't even using full power, imported him, and had him make a Magatama?

Oh wait, no. I'm trying to make things too complex when answer is easy. Correct me if I'm wrong:

Fake-Demi-Fiend Magatama is just power boost, that increases up till level cap of 77, and gives you demi-fiend appearance cuz Magatama use.

I also was completely blind and forgot about "You will be able to unlock abilities your original demon race would give you." Which would let me understand it earlier. Goddamit, it's just an increase in power up to a certain point, which won't change much for jumper who surpassed that level. Hm.

Also, I just looked at Dante's attacks in SMT in his level 60 appearance and holy shit, he already has several elemental attacks.

The battle will be tough.
>>
>>47894493
Oh, I never went hermaphrodite. I was just at one time a member of a species that had three genders: male, female, and incubator. I was never incubator, but I tried out both male and female. Pretty functionally similar to being a human male, admittedly.
>>
>>47894446
At least 5
Male, Female, Both, Neither, Shoggoth

If robots and energy beings count as 'genders' then seven, I guess.
>>
>>47894567
Ah, Star Trek just like >>47894523 speculated.

If I went that road I'd probably stick with incubator, I imagine their 'female' has some kind of ovipositor organ and that's a no go.

Unfortunately my race roll that jump was for one of those ugly bug-eyed lizard people.
>>
>>47894225
SMT Anon, I am still pissy about the obvious lies in SMT Jump:

"Delving into game terms for a bit, Dormant Power gives

you a maximum Level Cap of 99. Each Perk boosted by it removes 22 from that and turns it into raw power upfront.

On the upside, you CAN choose not to boost the effect of a given Perk, if you are willing to work and struggle and

suffer to attain even greater heights."

Yet you said several times that a jumper with a perk boosted will have more power than a jumper with level 99 and Dormant power.

Lieeeeees
>>
>>47894446
Physical sex, probably both at varying points and occasionally things that are sexless.

Gender, I imagine, stops mattering after you've acquired a certain level of shapeshifting, and have been so many different people and species in so many different worlds and cultures. I don't want to sound tumblr-ey here, but I'd think that after a while you'd reach a point where you don't really care anymore, and that you'd be "yourself" more than any specific label.
>>
File: [Gender Chart].jpg (158 KB, 780x951) Image search: [Google]
[Gender Chart].jpg
158 KB, 780x951
>>47894446
>>47894493
>>47894512
>>47894567
>>47894571
>>
>>47894638
>Zion
Fucking triggered.
>>
File: tumblr_m2344ls4S21r6cux3.png (97 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2344ls4S21r6cux3.png
97 KB, 250x250
>>47894457
I dunno. Maybe? It seems like a thing that would probably upset reality.

But I've long since lost the ability to detect when people are joking.

It doesn't matter.
Nothing matters.
>>
>>47894697
You matter to me.
>>
File: Wibble_Wobble_KHX.png (81 KB, 479x905) Image search: [Google]
Wibble_Wobble_KHX.png
81 KB, 479x905
>>47894557
Yee... haw? Don't have anything to say, but whatever your plan is, it should be alright.

>>47894615
A Jumper who Boosts to get upgraded Primordial Might, Demon Summoner, and Sacrificial Bestowment will be weaker.

A Jumper who Boosts to get upgraded Demonic Fusion, Demonic Infusion, and The Eight-Forked Drunkand's Shadow will start out weaker.

I'll give you Boosted Chosen of Raphael.

But shut up though. It's fine.

It's fine.
>>
You know, the talk about KH and MtG has got me wondering something...
>creatures without bodies or souls
>they only take on the semblance of an appearance in the world they enter
>without any elemental alignment
>seek to endlessly devour worlds
...are the Heartless a fourth Eldrazi?
>>
>>47894757
who would the titan be?
>>
>>47894743
Can I choose for the Magatama to be weaker at mastery than I was at the time of its creation?
>>
>>47894862
Something out there we haven't seen.
>>
>>47894963
Fanwank it with Toggle.
>>
>>47894963
Not impossible period, but putting a limiter on those you empower is not supported natively.

Conjoined Conjure/Temple of Thought/Favor of Tashlan your SMT magic with a system able to create limiting artifacts and it should be possible.

>>47894985
Or this.
>>
>>47894697
Nothing's ever mattered. That's no reason to give up, though.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d8)

>>47893967
29 Squirrel and Hedgehog!
Age 26
Drop-In
Attitude Adjustment, My Unit, Sir(Minerva[Drop-In, Human, Attitude Adjustment, Magnet Sight -100, Danger Close -200], Matilda[Drop-In, Human, Attitude Adjustment, Magnet Sight -100, Danger Close -200], Kumoko[Drop-In, Human, Attitude Adjustment, Magnet Sight -100, Danger Close -200], Naosu[Drop-In, Human, Attitude Adjustment, Magnet Sight -100, Danger Close -200], Emma[Drop-In, Human, Attitude Adjustment, Magnet Sight -100, Danger Close -200], Pixie[Drop-In, Human, Attitude Adjustment, Magnet Sight -100, Danger Close -200], Ruari[Drop-In, Human, Attitude Adjustment, Magnet Sight -100, Danger Close -200], Rhyannon[Drop-In, Human, Attitude Adjustment, Magnet Sight -100, Danger Close -200])-200, Internal Map -50, Magnet Sight -100, Danger Close -200, My Little Eye -300,
Uniform, Sidearm, Currency -50, Infinite Seeds -50, PDA -100, Comfy Shoes -100, Amazing Coat -150, Garden Bed -300,
No Back-Up +300, Looks are Everything +300,
This place is ridiculous. Well, all my companions have human form now, so that's good. Bounty hunters and other assholes attack us pretty much whenever we go out, so plenty of souls for Ruari to eat(they are pretty puny souls though). Most of our time is spent in the bar and working in the garden.
Continue
1 Changeling the Lost
2 Teen Titans
3 Madoka
4 Weird Wild West
5 Johnny Test
6 Final Fantasy XIV
7 Innistrad
8 God of War
>>
>>47895035
Who did I harm so in a past life that I'm going to Johnny Test? Maybe I shouldn't have fed so many propaganda puppets to my hollow.
>>
So I have this long convoluted plan to buy the souls of all Kyubeis race in madoka in exchange for a perpetual energy generator so they could have all the power they want without this entire magical girl foolishness but my question is, what would you use a shittonne (technical term) of QB souls for?
>>
So here is a question:

How powerful is the Lucifer in Lucifer Drawback from Devil Survivor, because it clearly states that you will have to win against him.

Will having Dormant Power and Demonic Fusion or just Dormant Power and level cap be enough to match him, combined with jumper powers?

For Devil Survivor, it says you COULD make a lesser copy of the Demon Summoning Server since you can't take Babel. So wait, Can you store beings in it and take them with you, or it works like Compendium in SMT?
>>
>>47895137
eat them? feed them to a pet? convert them into mantra and store them in batteries? enchant a bunch of stuff? create a few mythals?
>>
>>47895137
They don't have them, or at least they claim not to. That's the reason they give as to why they can't just harvest their own souls for perpetual energy, if it matters so much to them.
>>
Alright, so, Kingdom Hearts build I'm working on. This is intended for very early in my chain. Like, 4th, and I don't know how suicidal this is. I think doing this jump so early makes the drawback choices actually somewhat bearable, but please tell me how stupid this is.

>Chose Twilight Town
>Wielder, Human, 10+8=18 years old (700)
>All the free perks (free)

>Protagonist's Endurance (600)
>A Key to Any Lock (0)
>The Best Defense (-100)
>Unwieldy Weapons (-400)
>Choose Wisely (Sword) (free)
>Dive into the Heart (free)
>Your Adventure Begins At (Midday) (-500)
>Don't Ever Change (-650)
>Last Chance (-850)
>Light My Way (-1150)
>Scan (-1200)

>Nomura Brand Outfit (free)
>Paopu Fruit Seeds (free)
>Potions (free with 50CP orb)
>Ethers (free with 50CP orb)
>Elixir (free with 100CP orb)
>Megalixirs (free with 200CP orb)
>Black Cloak (Combined with Nomura Brand Outfit) (free with 100CP orb)

>Wooden Sword (100CP version, free with training weapon orb)
>Keyblade (free)
>Keyblade build is still up in the air
>Where Are My Keys? X1 (free with weapon orb)
>Trinity (free, builds are still up in the air)

>Castle Oblivion (-900)
>Summon Gem (-600)
>Part of a Whole (0) (Rolled 1d2=2, I have a Nobody)

(1/2)
>>
>>47895137

Use their talent for having horrible ideas to develop a method for telling if something is safe to attempt or not.
>>
File: Darkball_KHX.png (63 KB, 642x545) Image search: [Google]
Darkball_KHX.png
63 KB, 642x545
>>47895137
Eat them. They're probably too weak to power you up, but I bet they taste good.

Like... vanilla ice cream with some strawberry mixed in!
>>
>>47895194
They dont have emotions or claim not to. They never mention souls.
>>
>>47895194
Not that anon, but that actually makes sense.
They don't generally have emotions either, so maybe those two things are related?

Emotions are symptom of possessing a soul.
An energy leak of sorts. Improper containment. Like a shoddy nuclear reactor.
>>
>>47895219
(2/2)
Like I mentioned, this is a very early jump, so Summon Gem doesn't actually hurt me that much, and I think all these points are enough that I CAN get by with what I bought here. Same with Castle Oblivion, I didn't actually lose that many memories and Summon Gem means I won't lose control of what few abilities I did have. Similarly, the fact that I had next to no combat prowess before coming here means my Nobody isn't actually that much stronger than me, so my hope is that me and my Trinity companions working together can beat it. The kind of stunt-ish thing I want to try, however, is to help my Nobody. The exact wording on the drawback is "defeat," not something like "kill" or "destroy." I'm choosing to interpret that as meaning I can "defeat" it by helping it with its issues and using the A Heart to Call my Own metaphysics of the setting to befriend it and help it become its own person. We're still going to fight a lot, yeah, and there'll be a lot of danger, but this'll be a happier ending.

Probably the hardest part of this jump is when I'm just starting out, since I won't have the companions from Trinity to help watch my back, and the memory loss will probably have me more than a bit confused. I'm banking on my endurance, willpower, magic key-sword and combat-rolling to keep me alive until I find my bearings and meet up with my buddies, then we can really get started. The next ten years will probably be spent traveling, killing Heartless, helping with the plot when we can, and trying to find and "friendship" my Nobody in the face whenever we get the chance.
>>
>>47893474
Storm Hawks!
>>
>>47895246
It's implicit. Given that the actual energy harvesting system has nothing directly to do with emotion, I'm fairly certain the actual barrier to harvesting them is that they don't have souls, and emotions are just a symptom of possessing a soul. They harvest Grief Seeds, Grief Seeds are charged by destroying souls, the only place emotions come into play is to produce more witches when a magical girl gets too angsty (which isn't even necessary, as witches can reproduce on their own through familiars, so what the hell, Incubators?).
>>
>>47895291
>what the hell, Incubators?

Their system is basically as grimderp as possible.
>>
Who made Devil Survivor jump?
>>
>>47895339
Devil Survivor anon. He made DS 1, DS 2, and Digital Devil Saga... Last I heard there was supposed to be a part 2 for that, but he seems to have disappeared now.
>>
>>47895322
Such is the problem with Urobuchi. He's got a real hard on for the "the system is horrible but it's impossible to do anything better so just shut up and accept the villains winning" plot. Not all of his stuff is like that, Gargantia had a nice enough ending, but it's really common in his work. And it's so annoying. If a Neo-Heisei Kamen Rider Part 2 jump gets made, I am going to take so much pleasure in killing DJ Sagara.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d8)

>>47895035
30 Johnny Test
Age 18
Drop-In
NO!, This Is Stupid! -100, You Can't Do That! -200, Get Real! -300,
Actual Money(250000$)-400,
Stay in the bar, drink and hang out with my companions. Work on little projects in the warehouse. Refuse to let Ruari eat anyone so as not to lose the chain. Let what little plot there is take care of itself.
Continue
1 Changeling the Lost
2 Teen Titans
3 Madoka
4 Weird Wild West
5 Raildex Magic
6 Final Fantasy XIV
7 Innistrad
8 God of War
>>
>>47895291
Ot is explicitly stated that the energy os from the emotions of the girls. At no point is it ever said that the energy comes from souls.
>>
>>47895391
I'm noticing a distinct trend of alcoholism in the chain...
>>
>>47893312
Toussaint's Finest is missing lines or something. Just cuts off.
>>
>>47895291
Implicit my ass they flat out say that the energy is harvested from young girls emotions and that they choose young girls because they get so emotional.
>>
>>47895363
Did Urobuchi get to write a Kamen Rider series or something?
>>
>>47895393
>>47895430
Yes, and Kyubey lies all the time. What we see happening takes precedence over what is said. Witches feed themselves by eating souls, Magical Girls harvest the Grief Seeds from the Witches to feed themselves, Incubators drain off the excess. We see this happen. So either it's all a complicated farce, in which case my "What the hell, Incubators?" objection increases in volume about a dozen decibels, or Kyubey isn't telling the truth about it being emotion that's being harvested. It requires less falsehood for it to be the thing we only have told to us and not seen be the lie, so I'm going with Occam's Razor on this one.
>>
>>47895434
Kamen Rider Gaim.

Full of backstabbing, betrayal, and FRUIT NINJAS.
>>
>>47895391
Weird Wild West, awesome a place I won't hate! Need a new 4.
>>47895403
Well, some of the jumps I've had rather lend themselves to me not going out and about. This place even had the nerve to disallow exterminatus as an option. The dice told me that they barely managed to survive my noninterference and that there was character death out there but noone chain ending. This shithole was nearly chain ending even without me killing those wretched creatures.
>>
>>47895444
The canon answer is emotions your headcanon does not matter.
>>
File: Sitcoms 1.33.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Sitcoms 1.33.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Replaced the age roll with a 'choose whatever'.

Reason for this was because of the option of going from sitcom to sitcom for a thousand years.Figure it's a bit more fun if you can be an old dude in one sitcom and then a little kid in the next.

Makes some of the loadout stuff a bit weird but then it'd be the place for a kid to own a motorbike.
>>
>>47895448
No wonder it was so terrible.

Why would they let that guy near a show for kids? They know his body of work, they know he's not capable of any other tone but misery.
>>
>>47895444
Do your reasoning is "the canon is a lie because I say so" sorry anon but thats bullshit.
>>
>>47895434
Yeah, he wrote Kamen Rider Gaim. And Gaim is great, it's one of the best Riders in recent memory...until you get to the incredibly unsatisfying ending where the villain gets away with his plot and nothing is changed. I mean, Earth is saved from being consumed by the Garden like Helheim was, but only at the price of throwing yet another planet under the bus. DJ Sagara goes on to keep eating worlds in his endless attempts to force them to evolve, nothing matters in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>47895470
>Need a new 4
Siren.
>>
What are the most powerful appearance perks?
>>
>>47895490
No, my reasoning is that the canon gives two conflicting explanations, and the one that requires less bending of the facts to be true is probably the right one.
>>
>>47895444
Im the guy who made the original post about souls and Sorry if it doesnt make sense to you but the show says emotions not souls so Im going by what the show says thank you.
>>
>>47895511
The character that lies constantly says emotions and not souls. Why are people so eager to take the villainous manipulator at his word? I never understood that.
>>
>>47895470
Fair enough. Aquaria?
>>
>>47895491
>I mean, Earth is saved from being consumed by the Garden like Helheim was, but only at the price of throwing yet another planet under the bus.
>from being consumed by the Garden
DJ Red confirmed.
>>
>>47895547
DJ's sense of fashion is bad though.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.