[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mutant Chronicles General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 19.jpg (158 KB, 800x484) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
158 KB, 800x484
For all your Mutant Chronicles questions from 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition!

I was trying to find a good soundtrack for my MC games, and you know what the Christopher Nolan Batman movies are surprisingly appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBaeS8YybzI
>>
File: 5a7e677e0c56120e7b1ff15e8173d8ec.jpg (575 KB, 1108x1500) Image search: [Google]
5a7e677e0c56120e7b1ff15e8173d8ec.jpg
575 KB, 1108x1500
>>47885208
So I've been toying with a scenario idea.

The pcs are Freelancers on Luna and get a job to recover some pre-fall tech from abandoned catacombs near the old Robotics Factory. They run afoul of some Mutant gangers, and end up finding this old chamber that looks like it's been sealed up since the fall.

At the center is a suspended animation chamber containing a qt android girl.

What do?

Sure you could turn her over to Cybertronic, but you've heard some stories about them. About people leaving their old lives, abandoning their families to join them for no apparent reason. In a word mind control.

Not to mention what the other Corps might do to possess a pristine, Pre-Fall AI.

Of course, if the Brotherhood finds out you may find Mortificators coming to kill her AND YOU.

Whatever you do, you'd better do it fast because she's already starting to act strange......
>>
How is the modiphius game?
>>
>>47888665
I'm running a campaign of it and I'm liking it a lot so far, but I'm not all that savvy about what makes good mechanics good, so I can only offer my subjective experiences.

Having not GMed a game since 2009 I found the 2d20 system of Mutant Chronicles very easy to get the hang of as the GM, I found the mechanics were presented and explained in a clear and easy to understand manner for the most part. Though a bit of an initial stumbling block for me was the Dark Symmetry economy, momentum, and Chronicle points. Though meta currency always did throw me in other games, I read their chapters and got over it and soon found them to be quite an enjoyable addition to the game. Excellent way to put the screws to the players with summoned reenforcements, corrupted gear, and inflicted dread and the palyers having ways to augment themselves to help against such things.

The abstract economy is kind of naff though, and in the other 2d20 rpgs coming out by modiphius it shows that MC was a testbed for the system. I'll be waiting to see what infinity does with its economy system and maybe adapting that for my games but until then I'll just have to bear with it all.
>>
I figure I'll give this thread a bump with my dropbox folder of the MC3e books.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/efngfqqpygiirou/AACh3vmSi1Gc3tv-tifM5GJ_a?dl=0
>>
>>47889028
One thing I've noticed about the Dark Symetry economy: you can easily be a total dick with it and spam Dark Symmetry points to break your players's stuff constantly.
>>
>>47890017
Yes, you certainly could do that, but abusing the system like that will quickly leave you without a group to play with. Honestly, if I had spent all the time and effort accruing the amount of assets and contacts to get my Wolfbane Commando character(one of my players runs a game of his own that I'm playing in) a pair of Corona Phased Plasma pistols only to have them get corrupted into murderously malicious plasma bombs I'd tell him to fuck himself and leave.

By all means hit players and their equipment with corruption checks but don't go out of your way to fuck them over.
>>
>>47891125
Mourning Wolf bump!
>>
I really want to get a game of this at some point, the rules look great, has anyone found any problems with it though, any sticking points that aren't obvious? Or weird, awkward rules?
>>
>>47891125
Or it would lead to all your players buying Cybertronic gear and telling the DM to go fuck himself.
>>
>>47885208
How do these games compare to After the Bomb, the mutant animal rpg from Palladium?

Can you decide your mutations at chargen?
>>
>>47896570
Actually the title is rather misleading. Most PCs aren't mutants. If you're lucky, you might have some cybernetic implants but for the most part PCs are human.

There are mutants in the setting, but they're viewed rather like mutants in 40k IE they are social outcasts who are viewed with suspicion and fear by most of humanity.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.