[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was your first character, /tg/? What were they like? Do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
Who was your first character, /tg/? What were they like? Do you remember them fondly?
What about the campaign they were in?

Mine was a Dwarf Barbarian in 3.5, and I still roll one when setting appropriate.
>>
Human cleric named Clerance MacManara
Short and scrawny little guy scared of his own shadow
>>
Dick-ass rogue in 3.5e, switched to Pathfinder shortly after starting. I regret the inter-party squabbling/thievery I did but at least I got my That Guy shit out of the way early.

Years later I made the same-ish rogue in 5e as a smooth-talking party face instead of a dick-ass and had a much better time.
>>
Dwarf Cleric named Thorvald. He tried to give a purpose to the party of murderhobos, but it ended up with him being turned to ash.
Well, atleast the warlock collected his ashes and gave him as proper dorf burial as he could.
>>
Half-Elf Paladin, wore a Polish style Cuirasser's armour but fought with a two handed axe.

Got into a fight with the party warlock as soon as we got into town because as soon as I suggested we hit up the church for local jobs he decided he wanted to burn it down.

He popped me with a daily on the first turn (4e was my first system) and knocked me into negative hit points, Dm ruled due to the fight being in the middle of a crowded fucking street the town guards arrived in force pretty sharply and arrested ALL OF US.

Thankfully I was put in the infirmary rather than thrown in a cell to bleed out.

We ended up having our valuables confiscated by the local authorities and being sent to clear out bandits to get them back.

Warlock was placed under our supervision pending a jail sentence.
>>
>>47881546
>warlock randomly decides he wants to burn down a church

lol
>>
>>47881671
Player is now in training to become a police officer.

Make of that what you will.
>>
File: caster-abjurer.jpg (107 KB, 700x541) Image search: [Google]
caster-abjurer.jpg
107 KB, 700x541
>>47881127
Eladrin abjurer who was focused on protecting the party and shut down enemy mages. Honestly the best synergy w/ melee classes w/out power gaming. Was fun.
>>
>>47881127
A 4ed dragonborn fighter. I can't remember anything about him thou
>>
a chaotic neutral aligned Half- orc barbarian
>>
>>47881127
I had a generic human fighter in aD&D and i remeber this guy because I used all the gold I acquire to buy goats, chickens, and common, household items that made me look more like a travelling innkeeper - or merchant - than a fighter. I remember when the DM said that man at arms usually end up with a castel and I was already planning in make pastures for cows.
It was dope.
>>
A reskinned Imperial navy (this was before enemies without came out) penitent that got a lot of good rolls on his characteristic and a 3000 word backstory. he was in a campaign that lasted two sessions before the GM disappeared on us. I am now using him as shadowy figure in the game i'm running
>>
>>47881127
Elf sorcerer named Scrotomus. I was very immature, but it was funny when I was like 12. He later became a ghoul under service of the BBEG that wiped us all.

Pretty fun, I guess.
>>
File: How I paladin.png (694 KB, 800x494) Image search: [Google]
How I paladin.png
694 KB, 800x494
half-Orc paladin of Justice.

He was literally beta Ray bill, but Half Orc instead of Half Horse.
>>
>>47882769
He's an alien, anon. Not half-horse.
>>
>>47881127
Half-Vampire(I used the Human race because EXTRA FEAT) Fighter/Rogue in 3.5 using a dual Katanas. God I was an edgelord dumbass then.
>>
File: illusionist.jpg (212 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
illusionist.jpg
212 KB, 760x596
>what was your first character like
>implying I've ever made a character
>implying that I'll ever have a character
>implying that someone else will ever DM
>implying
>>
First character was in 3.0

Dwarf cleric of generic dwarf god.
Was originally a merchant within a dwarven hold, but ended up dishonoring the clan for some reason or another and was 'branded' by the generic dwarf god. The brand would immediately identify him as a dishonorable cad to other dwarves and the only way that he can have the brand removed is to do a grand thing that furthers the prosperity of his clan. So, he joined the clergy (they were the only ones willing to allow him in, and only because he seemed genuinely repentant) and traveled to the surface to further the cause of his clan by creating trade among the surface dwellers and spreading as good a reputation as he could for his clan.

It was a game with just the DM, me and the DM's friend. DM's friend played an Elf Druid that was played more as a human with pointy ears than an action elf. Was actually a really fun game, I should see if I still have the notes I took for the game years ago if i feel like doing a story time.
>>
>>47882769
>>47882815
>not Dino-thor
fucking casuals i swear to god
>>
2edgy4me dark elf wizard in 3.5e. I played as him for about an hour since character creation took forever and we never played again after that. Don't even remember his name. My DM was incredibly flaky.
>>
A one foot tall war forged named Träpp, since his back story was him being a companion for our Pirate PC, being saved from a locked treasure chest.
>>
>>47881127

Spellscale Sorcerer

He was a chump, much like me during my first playthrough of D&D. I don't look back at him much, especially since I hopped ship after two players peaced out
>>
Only got to play once
A human wizard named drinky McGuiness...
He drank....a lot.....
>>
Look at all the 3e and 4e babbies on this thread makin' me feel old! Though I guess I just got introed to D&D earlier then most people and wasn't a part of the 3rd Ed marketing blitz.

Mine was Half-elf multi classes Fighter/Wizard named "Dane" I think, though I'm not positive on the name.

>What were they like?
Not very complicated. We were younger. I just liked the idea of being half an elf and being a wizard and a warrior.
He was a fairly standard heroic type of guy. I was too young to think creating a hyper-edgy backstory was cool and not old enough to think of anything more sophisticated yet.

>Do you remember them fondly?
I remember the GAME fondly anyway. He was fun to play and I had a ton of fun. It was a new thing to me and it's always fun trying new things.
One of the OTHER players in my group actually remembers him more fondly then I do come to think of it.

>What about the campaign they were in?
There wasn't really a campaign, just a bunch of random adventures. Like I said, we were pretty young.
It was a 2nd Ed Forgotten Realms game (prior to WotC shitting up and homogenizing everything to sell more sub-par novels to increase product monetization) and we were all fresh off Baldur's Gate (three of us were anyway) so we just had fun kicking ass and exploring and being heroic and stuff.
He actually "retired" from adventuring around level 14-ish in-universe and married an NPC "off-screen" and had a family.
He showed up as an minor NPC a few times when that guy who was fond of our first game GMed here and there.
As of 5e FR he's around 128 years old, which in older Forgotten Realms half-elf ages means he's about 40-odd years away from being in ancient geezer territory; biologically he's closer to fifty-something.
>>
Tiefling rogue named "Oksh", the "k" was silent. I only played one session of the campaign I initially made him for, but I later reprised him for a level 10 campaign.His weapons of choice were playing cards, bombs, and thrown knives.
>>
Dnd 3.5 wizard/warrior
His name was Leofalcon Dragonsbane,who died due to incompetent ''teammates''
>>
>>47881127
Noldor Elf Warrior in Role Master. He was dumber than a box of hammers. He had been raised by dwarves, saw the world in black and white. He was immortal and couldnt scar, so he drank, fought, smoked, and engaged in other reckless pursuits because what the fuck else was he going to do?
>>
File: Gram Low Initiative.png (1 MB, 1200x819) Image search: [Google]
Gram Low Initiative.png
1 MB, 1200x819
>>47881127
My first character was a Human Cleric of Miflorg in a 3.5 campaign named Gram. Since I was new to roleplaying I didn't know how to play a role so it translated to my character being emotionally unresponsive and apathetic for the most part of the campaign. Where the others would be panicking that we're gonna die, Gram would just be standing there with a blank face.

I got a lucky roll and put my highest stat in Con so he could be a tanky heal bot. Unfortunately I didn't know putting your lowest stat into dex was a bad idea, because Gram almost never rolled higher than a 7 on the initiative. By the time Gram's turn came around, the bard had buffs up and Gram would just focus on healing his team. For being the only combat healer in a party of 9 he did a damn good job keeping everyone alive throughout the campaign. It makes me kinda frustrated that Pathfinder doesn't have as many options for ranged healing besides channel energy and a meta magic rod so you don't waste spell slots.

I originally wanted to play a rogue but my friend said we already had one but they didn't have a healer, so that's how I became a cleric. Since the mighty Miflorg was fine with his clergy looting, my character became very interested in collecting expensive gems and the party wondered why my character didn't just sell them. He ended up opening so many crates and boxes he ended up freeing a box genie which gave him a wish.

By the end of the campaign Gram became the immovable object, able to take hits like a champ and survive just about everything thrown at him. Thanks to a magic item he got, he would deal half the melee damage enemies inflicted on him when they attacked him, way more damage than his piddly little mace ever could do... Well,that is, when I remembered he had the fucking thing!

I really liked playing Gram and the only thing to mar his memory for me was when after I told my girlfriend about how Gram acts she said, "Awww!You're playing Maud from My Little Pony! ;D"
>>
Dwarf Fighter in 3.5. Campaign never really got off the ground, but he ran through some one-shots and was super fun.
>>
Namli Hayden, NG Dwarf Cleric.
>>
File: 1445743840878.png (1016 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1445743840878.png
1016 KB, 1280x720
Half-Elf Warlord in 4e named Chrom. He was essentially a shounen hero, getting into fights and making friends. He is remembered fondly by both me and my group.
>>
>>47881127
Ever? Uhhhh you're asking me to remember like 25 years ago man. I'm one of the ancient posters around here. I started on AD&D. I genuinely don't know.
>>
File: Barbarian.jpg (323 KB, 1696x1258) Image search: [Google]
Barbarian.jpg
323 KB, 1696x1258
>>47881127
First character was a half-orc barbarian for D&D Next. I got to play him for two or three sessions where he tried to keep the group of alcoholics anonymous on task with what's going on.

I played him again in a Roll20 game but as a fighter and now he's back to being a barbarian in the current game I'm him.
>>
>>47881127
Mine was a Dwarf Cleric (3.5) of a healing goddess named Gromgar. Generally a pretty friendly and level-headed guy, but he could be pretty nasty if angered, would almost always give enemies a chance to yield, unless they were undead (which he hated with a burning passion)

He also was the inventor of the party's "Dwarven Cannonball" strategy, which involved running full speed with boots of haste and leaping, turning him into an armored missile.

I had a lot of fun with him and the campaign he was in, which sadly ended on a cliffhanger (but I at least got to deal the deathblow to a dragon before it ended)

Come to think of it, I might have him and some of the other PCs from that group appear briefly in the next D&D campaign we do.
>>
A dragonborn fighter, became an eldritch knight, wrecked shit all the way until the endgame. Was only to level 10. I plan on using him again for shits and giggles.
>>
Middle aged past his prime Human Fighter
played him like a goofy dad
>>
Chaotic evil Halfling fighter/thief in 2e.
I was maybe 6 or 7.
Played with about 6 other kids after school before catching a bus.
I remember the whole campaign as though it was a movie I watched or stuff I actually did.
I was a pilfering, murdering bastard, who believed he should promote freedom over everything else and would do anything towards that end.
Not chaotic retard or murdering edge lord who betrayed his party either, just super onboard with slitting sleeping guards throats to make sneaking easier even if it was mildly unnecessary.
Good times.
Had a rad name too.
Phobos 'Darkrunner' Lend, but pretended he was called from or something as a cover. Haha
Made that shit up.
>>
>>47884920
*called Frodo or something.
>>
My first character was Liam Kazimir, male human fighter with a lot of charisma. Lawful Neutral super mercenary based off the Landsknecht. Pretty sure I played him in 3.Pathfinder

Used a halberd when on the defense and a greatsword on the offense. Kept a short sword for when things got hairy. Was given a homebrew "arquebus" that was essentially a fireball wand that did hybrid damage which I don't remember if that's homebrew or not.

Ran a band of mercenaries near the end of the campaign. Sent teams of soldiers and adventurers both as a middle man, taking 20% of the pay. Eventually I became the sole reason for our party having adventures.

We had a really good bard that acted as our Machiavellian politician, a Cleric+Paladin duo who attempted to reform the Sun Religion to also praise the Moon because of reasons, and a wizard/alchemist who created a new school of thought. Our party pretty much ushered most of the world into the Renaissance.
>>
>>47884590
I feel ya man, I started like 12 years ago and my early games already all blur together.
>>
>>47881127
Aidan, the Human Fighter.
>>
File: You can't see me.jpg (98 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
You can't see me.jpg
98 KB, 600x800
>Playing SW for the first time in playing any tabletop.

>Group consists of one uber elite Sith Lord dick on the precipice of galactic domination, his dickhole apprentice, a Mandalorian hellbent on killing aforementioned Sith Lord, a random ass android slaver who "hates fleshies" whom my character was liberated from by said Mandalorian.

>Playing a Yuuzhan fucking Vong named "Seng'ar Avari"

>Keep identity HEAVILY concealed only known to the bro tier Mandalorian

>Recieve Force Killer Training utilizing reclaimed Vong Bio Weaponry.

>7 Monthes down the road we launch an attack on his flagship en route to respond to an attack on his self built temple on Korriban (Which we had previously shit all over.)

>Long story short the Mandalorian sacrifices himself to allow me to deliver the final blow.

>Sithfag rages as my char swears to honor his dying bros memory by teaching future generations of Yuuzhan and Mandalorian alike the art and by killing as many forcefags as he possibly can.

>Tear off the Sith Lords skull predator style as a trophy and depart the exploding flagship while wheeping manly tears for his fallen mentor.
>>
>>47881127
A paladin named Lucifer. He helped people, mostly from his asshole party members.
>>
He was a retarded(literally) chemist living in a broken camper parked in a dump, played him in Cyberpunk 2020. Local gang was taking adventage of him, he synthesized drugs for them basically for free until other PCs came and freed him.
>>
>>47881127
I don't remember the character at all. I do remember that the DM used the phrase "robe of robiness" about what an antagonist was wearing when I tried to grab him, and that my reference point for D&D-likes at the time was Angband.
>>
>>47882965
>i swear to god
to Thor?
>>
File: skeletor.0.0.jpg (111 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
skeletor.0.0.jpg
111 KB, 1600x900
>>47881127
Ah, yes... I remember it like it was five thousand years ago.

>Be me in the Kingdom of Preternia, I was quite the devilishly handsome man, so handsome I forget my own name!
>Acquired a marvelous reputation for securing good deals (even when I was fucking them over, the stupid mortal fucks) among the merchants and peasants
>T'was eventually invited to King Randorf's court as an advisor to the king's advisor
>It was at this moment I discovered the beautiful art of raising the dead, and some kickass spells that totally steal other people's souls to keep mine going. Shit was sweeeeet.
>There was this book about me that said it all went downhill from there. The fools, they call me a mime. A mime!
>I had to eventually murder the advisor in his sleep and kill his family as witnesses in the night. Got to absorb their souls though!
>Eventually, the King had me murdered for his own good. Bastard thought he could get away with having me poison my own cheese and giving myself amnesia and making me eat my own cheese!
>The bastard!
>Now I walk this boulevard of broken bodies >They suck, I had to endure the life of a dwarf once, but he ended up getting blasted up by some nutjob with this contraption that fired thousands of crossbow arrows in seconds
>Just trying to make a living now, the bastards won't let me live in peace
>I only want to conquer the world and establish my own cheese corporate empire. Why do the nobility resent me? The fools!
>>
A medium sized power armored amphibian
>>
Frankly bumping
>>
>>47881127
A missionary in rogue trader know as Lamprecht Freder.
Honestly, he was pretty much a self insert. He died in a few sessions, what I did wrong was explained to me and I made an actual character.
>>
A dwarf ranger named Xavier Bowregarde, he used a crossbow get it? He was royalty until a clan of orcs raided the kingdom and killed his daughter. He stole a very powerful ancient dwarven crossbow and left, trying his luck at treasure hunting to forget his past
>>
According to posts in this thread everybody starts playinng rpg with insight ang knowlegde enough to play half-elf warlock/bards or clerics with dual personality.

I call bullshit on that. When me and pretty much all the ppl I know started playing all those years ago we just rolled sword waving fighters with next to nothing stories/personalities and went on. The roleplaying in rpg came much later.
>>
Tarnykus Thunderscale, Dragonborn Warlord. The DM was absolutely shitty at running 4e. Claimed it was because he didn't like it and started up a 3.5 game which was also really shit. But there was another guy playing a Dragonborn in that first campaign that had been enslaved and mistreated by Humans. Tarnykus mostly tried to stand up for him and dissuade him from giving into a thirst for vengeance.
>>
>>47881127
Hobbit Scout in LotR expy game. We were the other Fellowship carrying The Second Ring.

It was before I read the books, so I didn't realize the full extent of the cringe until a while later.
>>
Half-orc half-elf barbarian paladin named Hayt'r Fistinaitor. Dumb as a rock and loved food, women, and justice.
It was far from a serious campaign, and didn't last very long, but I had fun playing him.
>>
1981, Basic D&D, Fighter named Morgan Black.

I remember he had only a 13 strength and 17 dex, so the DM kept telling me I should make a thief, but I wanted to be a fighter damn it, so I was. Carried chainmail, a two-handed sword, and a flail (which because we were 11 and didn't know fuckall about medieval weaponry, we called a "chain-mace").
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.