[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: FLAKES.jpg (6 MB, 1801x5825) Image search: [Google]
FLAKES.jpg
6 MB, 1801x5825
Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously:
New Joke Sheet (added to the repo). WotC has no idea what they're doing with the story. A new flake, some flake drawings, and shitposting happened. Some flake story is in the works with the Cathar, Serena, and Spider Mom. Happy fahter's day Sorin.

Previous thread: >>47802816

Writefagging last time:
Serena and the Cathar have a misunderstanding: >>47840853

REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come. Unless that's too gay. I update the repo on a bi-threadly basis anyway.
>Current Repository

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
>>
File: phyrexian_plaguelord_art.jpg (54 KB, 640x513) Image search: [Google]
phyrexian_plaguelord_art.jpg
54 KB, 640x513
>>
>>47878718
You no longer need to use words, we already know what we are.

Maybe you should remind WotC too, I think they need it more.
>>
>>47878689

Now accepting collections for Serena's therapy bills. They're gonna be a doozy after today.
>>
Let's play the "How long have you known it was Emrakul?" game.
>>
>>47879091

I think everyone knew pretty much the second they saw the teaser.

The only question was who thought it was too obvious and looked for other clues.
>>
If you wereba magic card, what color would you be?
>>
>>47879091
The whole thing with people worshipping emrakul kinda ticks me off. Especially the two angels. I am super into body horror but somehow I found it distasteful.
Also, painfully obvious things are obvious. Whelp, at least now the "nahiri did not nothing wrong" meme dies definitely.
>>47878718
>>47878689
Thanks based plaguelord. But remember people, no matter how shit your walkers are: threadly reminder that Murdock finds all the absolutely terrifying!
>>
>>47880055
Murdock is such a cute mouse.
>>
>>47878765
You have no idea.

Also who is Serena? I think you mean I'mrakul
>>
File: M1.png (275 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
M1.png
275 KB, 375x523
>>47880120
>I'mrakul

I almost forgot the stupidest thing of all. I hope I am not the only one who read me'mrakul as memerakul the first time.
>>47880114
Just can't block warriors, that's all!
>>
>>47880186
I most certainly did read it as memerakul. If I wasn't already crying I'd probably have laughed.
>>
>>47880027
Red

Very, very red.
>>
>>47880027
Blue/Red, splash black probs
>>
>>47880235
I swear there are so many dumb things in just the first article about the new expansion, I don't know where to start. Like seriously wizard, even when you cater to my fetishes you can't do one thing right.
>>
>>47880285
I don't even care. I just want Nu'mrakul so I can have all three of the Newdrazi and slap them into a big beefy bois EDH deck
>>
File: MFW Eldritch Moon.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
MFW Eldritch Moon.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
>>47880027
Right now the only thing that sums me up is this card.

>>47880285
Body horror is not my thing at all. I still feel sick and I'm pretty sure I will be seeing that thing in my dreams.
>>
>>47880348
Big boys don't play EDH man.
Now place your bet people. WIll Mememrakul die to a lot of fire like his/her/its brethern, a lot of zombies, a lof of clues(?), or green flying-targeted removal?
>>47880371
Talking about Gisela and Bruna's new clothes?
>>
>>47880420
I want to say she's thrown into the moon, but more than likely, Liliana is gonna cast Damnation
It's a sorcery, so lmao no protection
>>
>>47880420
I most certainly am. If I never see it again it'll be too soon but that's some wishful thinking. I hope they're okay by the end of this, I really do.

On the bright side, I'm not longer sad about Avacyn.
>>
>>47880511
Hope sigarda doesn't fuck up her next trick. Though I think they are going to completely forget about her, it'll be funny to see her show up with some anti-memerakul ability.
>>47880467
>throw into the moon
This is not Gurren Lagann, though I hope it was.
>>
>>47880545
Sigarda's gonna lead the uncorrupted angels and kick ass while keeping unmutated humans safe
But what I really want to know is if Ormendahl will make an alliance with the forces of good in order to not get his demonic shit kicked in
>>
>>47880573
>Uncorrupted angels
So.... Just her then?
>>
File: ayyyyyy.gif (799 KB, 276x220) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyyy.gif
799 KB, 276x220
>>47880235
I most certainly laughed.

I laughed because it's funny.

I cried because it's canon.

mfw there are flakes better than this.

and bitching about it is fun
>>
>>47880467
You know, I could tolerate this set if it meant a Damnation reprint.
>>
>>47880623
I laughed a little.

Also I'm waiting on a reply from you, it's important.
>>
>>47880573
>>47880609
Its not even confirmed that she is uncorrupted. I dont want to be a huge spoil sport about it but it really seems like they just decided that this time angels are just eldrazi mooks. If Siggie is not going to be a mutant, she is not going to be in any shape to fight anyway.
>>
>>47880867
Idk, her effect directly counters Emrakul by making the player hexproof, I think that's reason enough to suggest she's going to do something.

Then again when Avacyn went mad she vowed to do something and did precisely nothing and now we're in this mess. Sigarda a shit.
>>
File: Absolutely disgusting chandra.png (163 KB, 252x277) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely disgusting chandra.png
163 KB, 252x277
>mfw I read that article
>>
File: MtG_EMN_MLP.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MtG_EMN_MLP.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
That latest article was great.

Anyone who disagrees is a neighsayer.
>>
>new Sigarda protects you and the people of Innistrad from Emrakul's influence

This is probably one of the best flavor connections we've had in a while.
>>
>>47880623
When I first said flakes are better than the mainstream mtg plot, you called me mad! MAD! Who's mad now?
>>47881077
That's a new record that article marked. Fastest memes ever.
>>
>>47881126
Just about the only good thing to come out of it.
>>
File: MtG_EMN_BTFO.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MtG_EMN_BTFO.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>47881126
What was your face when you finished reading it?
>>
>>47881171
Same as Murdock's face in this card >>47880186. A mixture of hostile resignation and barely contained hate
>>
Honestly what bothers me most is how they dropped this. Gisela and Bruna become an abomination seems like something to dedicate a bit more of time to, they are pretty damn important characters as far as Innistrad is concerned. It just feels so wrong to me that they did this.
>>
>>47881555
They're really not. They're about as important as Sidisi in Tarkir or Mogis in Theros. Yes, they're important to the setting but not to the story. In fact, they're almost irrelevant in the scheme of the story and have had very little time and effort dedicated to their purpose in the setting, even back in the original Innistrad block.

You just attached yourself to powerful cards with aesthetically pleasing art and with, before SoI, almost no lore.
>>
>>47881677
That's what I mean though, they're important to the setting, extremely so. Just being like 'well they're gone now' is a pretty lame way to establish that two of the remaining powerful angels are now an abomination bound to Emrakul. They got less writing than random non-characters even.
>>
>>47881825
Important to the setting, not to the story.
>>
>>47880768
Yo. I replied.
>>
>>47882101
Likewise.
>>
>>47881825

It seems like such a lazy way to avoid having to do new cards for them, or more likely one new card for the both of them that will make me spit blood.

So I'm also choosing to live in denial. Bruna and Gisela live safely in Mirabelle's bottled demiplane now. Emrakul just named some glob of itself after them to try and scare the humans.
>>
>>47882924
>Emrakul just named some glob of itself after them to try and scare the humans.

R-Right... They're okay, Memerakul is just pranking us. Heh....Heheh...
>>
Set name is Eldritch Moon

Emrakul came from the sea

So what is in the moon

Marit Lage vs. Emrakul kaiju fight when?
>>
>>47883041
When the flakes committee takes control of the R&D in a bold action and starts fiddling with the papers on MaRo's desk. Accidentally resulting also in Venser and Garruk becoming the same person, Return to Kamigawa happening, and Fallen Empires becoming the most popular setting ever.
>>
>>47883041
They seal Emrakul in the Moon, turning it into an Eldritch Moon.

The enteral infinity—this world is mine.

The absolute—I shall have all.

The beginning—I shall be all.

The being—all are'mrakul.

The end.

The end.

The end.
What do yall think of this? Assuming Enteral isn't a typo of course. Maybe there's something more 'mrakul.
>>
>>47883101

I keep on feeling like this is not the thought process of something that's supposed to be only barely cognizant of sentient life because of how insignificantly tiny we are compared to it. It was the same with Kozilek.
>>
>>47883101
>Are'mrakul
>More'mrakul
>MaRo'mrakul
It was a meme even before beign published!
>>47883137
Eldrazi drones are not well known for their cunning mental processes, but some of them seem to be able to put words one after the other. Granted it is all "We are'mrakul, kneel before our great lord/lady/whatever" but that's the best we get.
>>
>>47883137
Yeah, but that is fairly hard to write for. Maybe Em recognizes Jace because of the Spark or something
What I want to know is how did Ugin learn their names, he must have learned the term somewhere and that would make a neat story.
maybe he consulted Guff's library
>>
Okay guys. I need to write something for this but I can't think of how to have Serena find this out and not just have a complete breakdown.

Any suggestions? The best I have right now is that she becomes really fucking mad, like Angerfish levels of angry.
>>
File: RAEG.jpg (107 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
RAEG.jpg
107 KB, 300x444
>>47883275

Yeah, this sorta seems like a level of grief and violation where only overpowering, reason-annihilating rage keeps the soul from collapsing under it.

You can't be commanded, frightened, or paralyzed with grief because you're so fucking ANGRY for anything else to have room.

The PTSD will hit like a brick eventually, though.
>>
>>47883317
Or if you have a qtp2t huntress at your side.
Anyway, The Cathar will probably snap in rage mode because if his bunny survived this long it will most likely be a horrific monster.
And to think, before this story I was going to have him find his rabbit and fuck off to another part of the world, asking Serena to come with him.
>>
>>47883317
I figured as much. Unless something really great happens she's going to be a wreck after this block. She's going to be W/R now for sure though. Things are gonna burn.

>>47883362
Shame. That would have been cute.
>>
>>47883362

That's a good point.

Had they merely held hands and kissed as their artificial hearts no doubt shyly contemplated but never dared act on, Gisela and Avacyn might still be with us today.
>>
>>47883275
The simplest thing is, of course, to wait for the story to play out, and figure it out from there. Perhaps she's doing stuff off-plane during the time Emms is fucking up Innistrad, and returns to devastation and the resulting grief (maybe if I'd been here...)...or if innistrad dies, can't return at all and tries to figure out WHY
>>
>>47883374
If he lives, he might still ask her to leave Innistrad with him because it's fucked.
Then she refuses because of her duty and his next jump takes him to yet another hell.
>>
>>47880055
Pretty sure the way emrakul works is a hive mind thing. So all of them are emrakul, you must become one, join us.
>>
>>47883443
Unfortunately she's already confirmed to be on the plane post Avacyn's death, there's no reason she'd have left between then and Emracool showing up to start grooving all over the plane.

>>47883519
>tfw Serena will never make The Cathar soup to cure him of injuries.
Emrakul ruins everything.
>>
>>47879091
Pretty much from the start, my concerns have always been with what's in the moon and who the raven man is.
>>
>>47883572
>Serena can feel the pressure coming in at all sides
>The Cathar puts his hand on her should and shakes her to jar her out of it.
>She asks him how he's not going insane
>He takes off his mask and gives it to her, saying only one word
>Rage
>>
>>47883624
I expected him to reference The Avengers then, I'd have been mad IRL.
>>
>>47883624
>then they lean in and kiss
>>
>>47883705
The hulk line? I thought about it, but that would be dumb.
>>
File: Elesh Norn.jpg (136 KB, 571x800) Image search: [Google]
Elesh Norn.jpg
136 KB, 571x800
Phyrexia will come out
tomorrow
Bet your heartstone that
tomorrow
all will be one.

Just thinkin' about
Phyresis
It'll wipe away all the flesh
and weakness
'til there's none!

When I'm stuck on a plane
that's gray
and fleshy
I just flay some skin
and grin
and sayyyyy

Phyrexia will come out
tomorrow
so you gotta flay on til
tomorrow
come what may!

Tomorrow
Tomorrow
I'll compleat ya
tomorrow
It's only a daaaay aaawaaay!

Tomorrow
Tomorrow
I'll compleat ya
tomorrow
It's only a
DAAAAY
AAAAA
WAYYYYY
>>
File: tumblr_nfgdkbJ7Ja1rwiup7o6_1280.jpg (907 KB, 1200x877) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfgdkbJ7Ja1rwiup7o6_1280.jpg
907 KB, 1200x877
>>47884132
If only.
>>
I'd take Phyrexia over Memerakul any day.
>>
File: ixvjhk8.jpg (208 KB, 1200x877) Image search: [Google]
ixvjhk8.jpg
208 KB, 1200x877
>>47884356
Only Phyrexia can save us from this memery.
>>
>>47884402
>Serena summons Phyrexia to deal with Emmy
A preferable end.
>>
File: Artwork_New_Phyrexia.jpg (3 MB, 6142x4488) Image search: [Google]
Artwork_New_Phyrexia.jpg
3 MB, 6142x4488
Daily reminder that Phyrexia did body horror first, did unknowable abominations first, did the Great Work first, did the All Will Be One first, and did it all better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ixdHQj3O4
>>
>>47884434
>The Cathar witnesses her summoning Phyrexia
and that's how Serena got a mattock in the back.
>>
>>47884487
It's kind of different than New Phyrexia
the Phyrexians forcibly converted
I kind of got the mental image of people who are lost and without hope, the downtrodden and depressed throwing themselves at Emrakul, embracing the oneness that is promised to them.
All the pain, all the loss, and confusion, all nothing to the glory that is emrakul.
>>
>>47884528
Well I think The Cathar only won because Serena hesitated several times. I think Ragerena might actually be able to kill him.

>Select all pictures with soup
tfw
>>
Curious about this idea I'd been mulling about for a planewalker for the longest of times. Wanted an opinion on it.

>Blacksmith's son on Innistrad.
>Devout member of the Goldnight
>Has to deal with the shit going on nightly.
>Suddenly Thraben falls, he joins the fight.
>Nearly dies. Suddenly Hellvault opens; Gisela ends up saving him.
>Becomes unhealthily infatuated with her, but as a result his passion shows up in his smithing, creating great works of art in Gisela's name.
>SoI happens. He's in denial that Gisela is involved.
> Sees this http://media.wizards.com/2016/images/daily/c4rd4r7_3ubNi4n6aj.jpg
>Loses all hope.
>Spark Ignites, ends up in Ravnica.
>Sees Angels in Boros legion. New hope given.
>Swears to put Gisela to rest at any cost.

Too weird?
>>
File: Serena when.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Serena when.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>47884645
Lets just hope that she doesn't go insane and do that
Or she might just start preaching the blessings of the machine orthodoxy
>>
File: Chancellor of the Annex.jpg (612 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Chancellor of the Annex.jpg
612 KB, 1280x960
>>47884765
I see nothing wrong with this.

It doesn't help that I started playing magic because I fell in love with Phyrexia early. They remind me why I loved the flavor. So delicious. So perfect. I loved them before I loved angels.
>>
>>47884834
I can empathize
I started playing because a friend taught me, but I fell in love with new slivers
>>
>>47884732
I can dig it, he and Serena can be massively upset together. No surprises here but as a Goldnight she liked Gisela a lot, almost as much as Avacyn.

>>47884765
Still a better fate than what happened to the sisters.
>>
File: utter perfection.jpg (46 KB, 736x538) Image search: [Google]
utter perfection.jpg
46 KB, 736x538
>>47884894
>Still a better fate than what happened to the sisters.
>even slightly implying Phyrexia is anything less than perfection
>>
>>47884834

Man, at least when Phyrexia does body horror it actually looks cool.

Emrakul's just looks...sloppy by comparison.
>>
>>47884894
Venn swears by his blade that he Gisela's funeral pyre would be seen from all over Innistrad. He's that dead set on burning the abomination that was once her.

He's gonna be casting a really big Banefire.
>>
File: Phyrexian hulk.jpg (209 KB, 620x455) Image search: [Google]
Phyrexian hulk.jpg
209 KB, 620x455
>>47884962
>It doesn’t think. It doesn’t feel. It doesn’t laugh or cry. All it does from dusk till dawn Is make the soldiers die.
>>
>>47884962
Because it is a sloppy and horrific transformation.
>>47884974
>Not casting obliterate
>Not making a funeral pyre of Thraben.
>>
>>47884974
I think right now, Serena could provide the fire. Quite the fiery temper you might say.
>>
File: Phyrexian hulk.jpg (22 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
Phyrexian hulk.jpg
22 KB, 200x285
>>47885004
>Using inferior art.
>>
>>47885024
>Obliterate
>Turning Thraben into the pyre.

Now you're thinking with fire. That's better than what I had in mind

>>47885025
Could be interesting. Serena comes across Venn as he's about to be proliferated by Brunesela's tentacles, sees him planeswalk away, and follows him. Make a nice mentor-student kinda thing.
>>
Anyway. Bed time. Hopefully I won't be seeing Brusella in my dreams, the closest I've had to an Innistrad dream was one where I was Avacyn and I walked into a Post Office, saw Thalia and then ran up and punched her out. I think I kept the moonsilver spear in the post office or something, I mean where else would you put it?

My dreams are fucking dumb.
>>
File: Phyrexian hulk2.jpg (123 KB, 800x604) Image search: [Google]
Phyrexian hulk2.jpg
123 KB, 800x604
>>47885065
>Implying any art for Phyrexian hulk is inferior
>>
>>47885116
>He has an erection.
>>
>>47885182
You mean you don't?
>>
>>47884834
A shame the Nornfaggots have basically ruined the Great Work for everyone who liked Phyrexia in any form
Especially for those who've liked it since the Ineffable was in charge and Mirrodin wasn't a thing yet.
>>
File: Cuuuuuute.jpg (45 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
Cuuuuuute.jpg
45 KB, 600x440
>>47885218
There's only one qt who gets my fire going
>>
>>47885294

She really does look better when her hair's not lit. It's a shame that most card art doesn't depict her that way.
>>
File: Glory.jpg (149 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Glory.jpg
149 KB, 1920x1080
>>47885257
>The faithful remember

>>47885294
I've been a Chandraphile since Lorwyn. I'm ashamed of myself.
>>
File: MtG_EMN_Chandra.png (486 KB, 564x548) Image search: [Google]
MtG_EMN_Chandra.png
486 KB, 564x548
>>47885294
What sort of face is she making here?
>>
File: Chandra 1.jpg (165 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
Chandra 1.jpg
165 KB, 1024x724
>>47885294
She really is adorable.
>>
>>47885368

Wow, that is not a good shot of her. I guess they can't all be winners, and they are in the midst of being attacked by Zombie'mrakul.
>>
>>47885368
The same face I make while trying to read a Kimberly Kreines article.
>>
Okay so I wrote up Venn's profile... where do I post it?
>>
>>47885425
Here. Unless it's lewd. Then pastebin and link it here.
>>
File: dank.jpg (10 KB, 119x149) Image search: [Google]
dank.jpg
10 KB, 119x149
>>47885368
The same face she's making here.
>>
File: Venn.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Venn.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Whatcha think guys?
>>
>>47885320
Praise be to the Lord of the Wastes
>>
>>47885116
I still think it's sad they missed the opportunity to do a riff on the rhyme with that print of Phyrexian Hulk
>>
>>47885624
Because edgelords hate rhymes.
They want to be srs.
>>
File: I'm a faggot.jpg (379 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
I'm a faggot.jpg
379 KB, 1920x1080
>>47885294
>>47885320
>>47885375
Be jealous
>>
>>47883275
>TFW someone uses your flake as a descriptive term
feelsgoodman
but for real, I dunno.
Maybe some sort of empathetic connection to the other angels being wounded in such a manner thought impossible, and hearing the cries of the supermutantdoubleangel across the eternities through emerakul, driving her not to hve a breakdown, but to go on a liberation mission to free her fellow angels from emerakul's influence?
>>
>>47885533
bump?
>>
>>47886497
Solid and believable but otherwise not that eye catching, good by virtue of nothing being wrong. 7/10.
>>
>>47886887
Anything I can do to help make him pop a bit more without being too flashy?
>>
>>47886917
I'm not sure, I think one of the things you gotta consider with planeswalkers is that they're inherently more lax on being a mary sue, so don't hold back things you might think are too flashy. Rather, I'd say, dump all the flashy things you could potentially want first, then discuss what ones need removing. Right now he seems more like a side character than the protagonist of his own story.
Don't hate the flashy, just be prepared to toss flashy things that are non-constructive to the character, I guess? It might help if you posted his snowflake sheet again, as it does not appear to be in the repository.
>>
>>47886917
You won't be accepted until you blatantly break the lore in at least one way
I'm joking, don't do that
pls
>>
Lore wise, how far away do you think a fully Sentient Sliver Hivemind is?

As in some kind of Sliver Civilization beyond the simple hivemind and instinct to kill, eat and expand.

With the Primes evolving to be more and more humanoid, negotiations and treaties with the other civilizations of Shandalar might not be that far off.
>>
>>47878689
You Innistrad walkers prepared to be planar orphans?
>>
>>47886366
I figured that at least when Avacyn was alive there was a connection between angels, now I guess there still is it's just... uh.. wrong.

>>47888214
>Implying things can get worse for Serena at this point.
The two being she most cared about and admired are now either dead or.. that. Innistrad dying might be a mercy.
>>
>>47888739
What she needs is a bit more R&B in her color identity now. I'll be happy to teach.
>>
>>47888876
Red, yes very much yes. Black? No, not really.
>>
>>47888880
It is like you don't like REVENGE. And I don't talk about self-righteous, nahiri-style lame hypocrite mass murdering vengeance here, I am talking angry, undiluited, surgically precise revenge that would make both Akromas fist bump Serena from the depths of Vronak's book of memes..
>>
>>47888920
Wow.

I think I need a picture of that. It's my birthday soon... I'll have money.... Murdock Anon why did you do this, now I'm going to waste cash again.
>>
>>47889005
I can draw that but... what would I get in return?
>>
>>47889013
Well I'm currently in the works of cleaning up the story of how her spark ignites then we're onto 'Serena goes off the deep end and makes Aurellia seem calm and collected by comparison.'

What I'm saying is, as my GPU is made of melting cheese I have nothing to distract myself from the shitstorm they've just unleashed so I'm going to write about it instead.
>>
>>47889048
Put in a Murdock cameo and I'm already working on that.
>>
>>47889062
If you let me know how that would happen/work then sure, I'll do it. I can't really see Murdock being on Innistrad right now though, it's fear incarnate right now and my understanding was that she was not the bravest of fellows.
>>
>>47889073
Ah! Just assume Belloski told her that she could find any clues on Inninstrad about who she is. And anyway, coward as she may be Murdock gets real angry after being bullied for a while. Give her a week on Inninstrad and she would try to choke nahiri with BruSela's tentacles. Teachign an angel how to rage would get her needed backup anyway against the shit that roams the plane.
>>
>>47889182
I just realised, Gisela is listed as one of Vronak's cards. He knew all along that she would die.
>>
>>47889358
The book of meme summonings is real.
>>
>>47889360
Jin-Gitaxsis is next.
>>
>>47889182
Hey! Could you do me one of those character summary things? Also if Murdock happens on Serena while she's having her breakdown, how would she respond?
>>
File: enter and leave.gif (504 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
enter and leave.gif
504 KB, 320x240
>>47889553
not him, but I imagine something like pic related
>>
Damn good sleep I had. Also fresh with ideas.

Thinking I may end up writing a story where a full on trained Venn returns to innistrad, slaughters the angles and emrakul beasts in his way before finding Brunsela and casting Obliterate while that one Bloodborn trailer song plays.
>>
>>47889957
I always imagined that Gehrman's theme would play during the fight between Sorin and Avacyn with the female vocals kicking in as the unmaking starts.

As it happens I am an expert in making myself sad. Good job me.
>>
File: Immagine.png (49 KB, 564x789) Image search: [Google]
Immagine.png
49 KB, 564x789
>>47889927
Damn that's perfect.
>>47889553
But it depends on the breakdown. If she's desperate enough she' probably try the old "hit and run" given what Murdock has seen angels doing on inninstrad, but this would likely lead to Serena catching her.
>>
>>47890058
>gehrman theme
Patrician taste right there.
>>
>>47890058
Morning Serenaanon, I was actually curious bout something while I was thinking last night. How would Serna react if she returned to Innistrad to see Venn on his warpath?
>>
>>47890058
Which song is that again?
>>
>>47890060
Thanks.

>>47890068
Gehrman did nothing wrong.

>>47890137
Depends really, if Serena was her old self she'd want to save them, to believe that they could be saved. In her current mindset I think she'd rather see them die than continue to exist in that hideous form. She's probably going to be putting down angels herself, if later in the story the angels are cured she'll have some trauma over killing them though, that's for sure.

>>47890224
The best one.
>>
>>47890277
And this shows how much trusting Murdock and her "killing everyone" plans is a bad idea.
Also gehramn did nothing wrong.... willingly. Not his fault he didn't have three eldritch babies to splatter on its head.
>>
>>47890319
That's it! Serena should eat the Eldrazi spawn.
>>
>>47890521
And here Venn is just trying to burn and slice them all. Innistrad will never be the same!
>>
>>47890521
Could the Eldritch Moon be the Moon Presence???
>>
File: Serena Vengeful Angel.jpg (36 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Serena Vengeful Angel.jpg
36 KB, 375x523
I made a card for this occasion! I have no idea if this is too strong, I'm horrible at the game side of things.

Also today is the longest day of the year. On Innistrad that is celebrated by the Feast of Goldnight. Rest well Gisela, you will be missed.

>>47891084
Just checking if you are doing a proof-read for that story? If not I'll get to work on it now, but if you are I'll wait.
>>
>>47891096
I could, but I won't be home for 6 hours. And then I have dinner with my parents scheduled. So really, it's up to you. But don't feel the need to wait on me.
>>
Gah, need some ideas for Venn's card
>>
File: Venn Goldnight Vengeful.jpg (41 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Venn Goldnight Vengeful.jpg
41 KB, 375x523
Gave it a shot. How's it look?
>>
What if this is only happening because Jace didn't complete the sidequests before going to the Cathedral?
>>
File: 0Bwl7IuoVRkFxY0lYaExkQjVBYUk.jpg (44 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
0Bwl7IuoVRkFxY0lYaExkQjVBYUk.jpg
44 KB, 375x523
Since we're posting original cards, I might as well get some fresh feedback, I guess. She's basically fifth dawn, the planeswalker.

>>47891096
What I would do is try and add more red/aggro to her card mechanics. Exile is a very white thing, yet she costs 1W and 2R. Haste feels like her only red flavor. You see what I mean?
>>
>>47891264
>path to exile
>ult hits lands
The only red thing about this card is the first ability and even then.
>>
>>47891264
Hmm, not bad. It feels like it's missing something, though. But I can't quite figure out what.

That -8 will be real difficult to reach, btw. What with only a +1 and starting loyalty 4.
>>
>>47891285
unplayable trash, in any format
>>
>>47891285
Dat ulti, as hilarious as it is, refers to an artifact card, which is the opposite of what gaia is about. I would rather have it work like Coalition Victory, at an upped cost.
For the second one, wouldn't rather be along the lines of "the next time you cast a spell this turn this turn, you may pay rgbuw istead of paying its mana cost". And I'd rather have it specify "a colored spell" to keep the theme and avoid the landing of early eldrazi.
>>
>>47891331
Should it be easy?
Unless you have something on board to win, you ate basically stalling out the game because it also hits lands.
>>
File: Venn Goldnight Vengeful.png (232 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Venn Goldnight Vengeful.png
232 KB, 375x523
>>47891289
Decree of Annihilation Exiles lands, Razia's Purification was the inspiration for the ultimate.

I mixed it up a bit on the Minus.
>>
File: Venn Goldnight Vengeful.png (230 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Venn Goldnight Vengeful.png
230 KB, 375x523
Wording correction on the second ability.
>>
>>47891285
The first ability would be put it into the battlefield tapped because you can only 'play' one land a turn
And I guess it's fitting that lawl lotr knockoff character doesn't have any abilities that aren't lifted from other cards.
Just disappointing.
>>
>>47891372
I always had a soft spot for Door to Nothingness, terrible as it was. But yeah, you're right about the arifact thing. I'll make some changes when I get home. Any thoughts on the cmc or loyalty?
>>
>>47891421
Drop the price by 1, maybe the loyalty too, have the ulti cost 8. These are my two cents.
>>
>>47891413
Seemed like a good idea at the time to use existing abilities to avoid getting too crazy. I just flipped through my rare binder for ideas.

>>47891356
Feedback, niggah. I need it.
>>
>>47891410
>you get to 8
>new emrakul gets played, opponents ults your walker and choose the three worst permanents on your side
>deepest lore?
>>
>>47891457
Hahaha. That's totally unintentional and a good idea for a potential fuckup in the story. Emmy abuses Venn's rage and just sets everything on fire.
>>
>>47891377
Yeah, but 4 turns to ult is a lot.
>>
>>47891468
Serena also has the ability to fuck up if Emrakul gains control.
>>
>>47891457
>>47891504
Sigarda pls. Halp.
>>
>>47891489
Well I would say the best way to use him would be to use his first two to keep the board clear while you swing in but the second is much worse now.
>>
>>47891504
Hahaha, I fucking love it. Blind vengeance taken advantage of leading to tragedy. That's fucking dark and I love it.

Probably will end up writing a scene where one or both of them lose their shit and before they come to their senses, they somehow planeswalk away.

Might have Venn end up on Alara or something to temper his anger. I just like the idea of him meeting with a Wizened Nacatl or Jund Sage whom teach him to FOCUS his rage.
>>
>>47891510
>being white red
You niggas on your own now.
>>
>>47891526
>the cathar is watching them both go full pepe
>comments to eldrazi spawn he's fighting that he's stuck with a bunch of amateurs.
>>
>>47891560
You left your name on, Siggy. :P
>>
>>47891531
Your sister was white red, you clown.
>>
>>47891439
Good two cents.

I just rerealized that I like bad cards. I know they're bad, but they feel so good.
>>
So Serena Anon, I might end up writing a snippit or two of Venn's rampage through Thraben after he planewalks back to Innistrad a few days after his spark ignites. Any issue with your angry angel making an appearance?
>>
>>47891624
Be my guest.
>>
>>47891576
>siggy don't give a fuck
>shit
>I protect you from the olddrazi and newdrazi.
>>47891597
I don't work for free bby
Go complain to Gisela if you wa-
Oh
Wait.
>>
>>47891356
Even casual?

If it were 8 years ago, I'd run it in casual.
>>
>>47891697
Then it would depend on the meta.
>>
File: Serena Vengeful Angel.jpg (35 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Serena Vengeful Angel.jpg
35 KB, 375x523
>>47891285
Okay here we go again. This ult is more of a 'Burn away the corruption' type of thing, I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing 4/4 Angel Horror tokens in EMN so if we do this will have much flavour. The new +2 is a sort of Lightning Helix that works well with madness which I find fits quite nicely. The fact that you will always gain 2 life is intended as it's a left over from her original theme.
>>
>>47891961
Much better. I'd run it. though you shouldn't take my word for it, because I like shitty cards.

But yeah, the flavor is nice. Particularly at the +2. It plays to her established healing magic.
>>
>>47891961
Angels come in
Get corrupted by Emrakul immediately.
>>
>>47892218
Keep burning them, it'll work eventually.
>>
>>47891285
Toying with the idea of an alternate negative ability. What do you think of something like:

-X: Choose one: Target player sacrifices X permanents, Target player gains X life, Deal X damage divided as you choose to up to X target creatures and/or players, Target player draws X cards, or Target creature gets +X/+X.

It needs a lot of fixing, I know. But It's an idea to make the card more versatile.
>>
Also, I don't have a card editor handy, but here is an idea for Spider mom.

3BG

+1:Place a 2/2 BG spider creature token on your side of the field. Proliferate.

-3: Gain control of target creature. It is a spider in addition to its other types.

-7: Creatures you don't control gain X -1/-1 counters, where X is the number of spider creatures you control. For each creature that would die this way, place a 2/2 BG spiderling creature token on your side of the field.

Loyalty 4
>>
File: walk.jpg (282 KB, 1500x523) Image search: [Google]
walk.jpg
282 KB, 1500x523
Oh hey, I get to post Messenger cards.

I've been thinking the whole Innistrad situation in regards my flakes. Well mainly Messenger since Beep doesnt get to visit Innistrad. But Messenger starting its own war there would be quite great. If it had a more heroic streak going on, I could easily see it building up armies to defend against the eldrazi. Considering it is already insane and myr in general are pretty mindless, it and its armies should be immune to Me'merakul. Alternatively if its the cold and efficient Messenger, the plane would just be even more fucked among other things.

Not going to happen though of course, since I actively avoid ANYTHING that has to do with the canon lore, but its fun to imagine.
>>
>>47892893
That -3 is pretty intense.
>>
Is this the custom card thread?
>>
>>47893033
>yoink
>everything is spiders.
>>
>>47893044
No? Er...

So this thread started as a lore thread
And then it became a thread mostly for people to make up their own special snowflake planeswalkers and writefag/drawfag about them
And sometimes people make card versions of those snowflakes
>>
>>47892893
>>47893033
Agreed. Tone it down. I'd make the spider 1/1 as well.
>>
>>47893179
We do still discuss the lore though, I actually find it fun to view the lore through the snowflakes, it feels more organic than just discussion.
>>
>>47893187
What about take control of target creature with toughness 4 or less? Or something of that nature?

I kind of want to keep them 2/2s, but if you think 1/1 is more balanced, I'll go for it.
>>
>>47893278
I think the only fair way to do it is to allow her to only take control of spiders and have and another effect that turns things into spiders, like old Olivia. I think this way you have no ultimate, the same +1, a +0 that makes something a spider and gain reach and a -3 that allows you to control a spider permanently.
>>
>>47893345
alternatively, make her -3 until end of turn but the spider permanent, then her ult makes her control ALL spiders for good.
>>
>>47893394
I like this too.
>>
>>47893345
Hmm. Maybe. I definitely want her spidermutation abilities to be reflected. Would making her +1 "target creature is a spider in addition to its other types" and then her -3 be "Gain control of target spider creature" make her too weak? Or would she be just right?

The more I type about that idea, the more I like it.
>>
Fuck this is hard to write. Not because portraying madness in writing is hard. Not because the subject matter makes me feel sick. It's because I can't bring myself to write any of the horrible Me'merakul lines.
>>
>>47893433
for the original +1, did you mean populate? Nothing going on on that card does anything that proliferate would do things to

>>47893543
honestly the memerakul bullshit is one of the reasons I hated that article more than anything else.
>>
>>47893276
I did say "mostly."

And as long as nobody's trying to break canon clean in half, sure.
>>
>>47893543
Yeah, that shit was pretty retarded.

>>47893564
I was thinking it would be good to use after.her ult, allowing for things to cycle. But I guess that's pretty dumb, since I doubt she'd be out that long.
>>
>>47893543
Why haven't they fired that talentless hack of a writer yet?
>>
>>47893543
I don't blame you. That writing was absolute garbage.

Also, if the being is called "Emrakul," instead of "E'mrakul," then why the hell is the chant "X'mrakul?" That's not how words work, and saying the lines out loud is strange as a result.
>>
>>47893564
It's so cringy. If I wasn't so upset by that image I'd probably have laughed all the way through. What I'm resorting to is referencing them without typing them out, just calling them voices and leaving it at that. We all know what they are anyway.

>>47893593
I like when they do stuff in canon settings adjacent to the main plot without interfering. For example I like the idea of Serena slowly piecing together what's happening but coming to wrong conclusions. Like on Zendikar she learns that the Hedrons were made by someone called the Lithomancer and suspects they are the same person who made the cryptoliths, but assumes that this person is Sorin. She'll do stuff on Innistrad but none of it will be core plot things, she's not strong enough to fight Emrakul or Brusella, she can't stand up to Nahiri or Sorin so nothing she'll do will contradict the story. It just happens parallel.

>>47893654
>>47893739
One of the worst things I have ever read both in terms of content and quality.
>>
>>47893766
Venn's story is kind of the same, though explaining why Thraben is vaporized if it isn't destroyed is going to be hard to do with what I have planned.
>>
>>47893766
>Doing stuff parallel to the story
This is why I liked that one post that asked "which team is your flake on, Sorin or Nahiri." Because while some people had understandable allegiances or reasons to fight on a certain side, some people had third options that actually added to the problems going on without directly contributing to the main conflict.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-21-11-06-22.png (438 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-21-11-06-22.png
438 KB, 1080x1920
From a dead thread
I made it. Yes, I'll probably finish the whole song, just not now
Anyone want to voicefag it?
>>
>>47894131
I'll pass. My voice is too tiny for singing.
>>
>>47894131
I could give it a shot later tonight. I know the song well enough.
>>
>>47893654
Myabe they're just low on authors, so they try to do the best with what they have'rakul.
>>
>>47894278
All hail WotC'mrakul!
>>
>>47894412
I think I told you already the new word is that of MaRo'mrakul. But anyway, I'vestarted to work on that thing so you better be writing.
>>
>>47894442
I am Sir. I'm currently having a pasta break. Story will be entirely from Serena's PoV though, if you want to write a little bit about Murdock seeing her and formulating a plan then go ahead.
>>
>>47894522
>pasta break
You sir trigger my national pride. It better not have any kind of those """sauces""" you puny amer'akuls put onto pasta.
>>
>>47894688
MUR'RAKUL
>>
>>47894716
First for Donald Trump being a cultist of the eldrazi. I'm fuckign calling it.
>>
>>47894217
If you do it, I'll record backup vocals/the little interjections over it when you're done.
>>
>>47894688
I'm British. It was just pasta with cheese on it, I'm poor.

I won't be up too late tonight so I doubt I'll have it finished, I'm only one page in so far.
>>
>>47894834
>with cheese on it
And no goddamn oil nor butter?
You absolute madman. In the helvault you go!
>>
>>47894902
Fine, but I'm going to Eldrazi all over your plane when I get out.
>>
File: Team Nahiri.png (169 KB, 540x542) Image search: [Google]
Team Nahiri.png
169 KB, 540x542
>>47894936
I knew you would see reason eventually.
>>
>>47895169
Now you're just looking for trouble.
>>
I wrote a poem for Spider mom. Be gentle.

Crawling, creeping, her children sleeping
Quiet breaths, no thing a peeping
Nightly coos, no mother weeping
Invaders lay, their blood a' seeping
No fighty noise
No alarming sound
All is safe when Mother's 'round
>>
>>47895468
Then Serena and The Cathar burst in with fire.
>>
"Also, be aware that Eldritch Moon is more about the impact of Emrakul on the plane (aka the cosmic horror) than about Eldrazi."

usually I like MaRo, but this time I'm not happy.
>>
>>47895555
so long as I get more monored horrors, this angry little fish will be happy.
Not as happy as he would be were the big spook revealed to be Marit Lage, but happy enough.
>>
>>47895649
Plus you get a new angry friend!
>>
>>47895649
I'm just bothered that Marit Lage exists, and clearly embodies cosmic horror just as much if not MORE than the eldrazi, and they still went ahead and used the third titan IMMEDIATELY after the first two died. There's what, three BBEG right now. Including the Eldrazi. Now they're lowering that to two, and so soon after announcing that there's going to be a very centralised storyline for the forseeable future.
>>
>>47895501
"Wait! Watch out for the web-

Oh
Oh wow

Well then. That didn't go well."
>>
>>47895718
They gotta pull Lili into the Jacetice League somehow. Because of reasons.
>>
>>47895718
If Emrakul goes down, something really weird is probably going to happen. Ugin wouldn't just say "imprison the Eldrazi instead of killing them" unless he knew that the latter could be even more disastrous.
>>
>>47895908
>it awakens Marit Lage
THERE WE GO.
>>
File: Mira Mother Dearest.jpg (37 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Mira Mother Dearest.jpg
37 KB, 375x523
Ok, I did a version of spider mom based on feedback. Let me know what still needs tweaking. I'm bad at this.
>>
>>47895987
>buried
>using mana symbols to point out the color identity of tokens
>green-white mechanic on black-green walker
Do you feel well man?
Also stealing is pretty much a blue-red thing with some occurences in black, I don't think it fits a green-black walker.
>>
>>47895922
Serena is going to rough Murdock up a bit. Hope that's ok.
>>
>>47896068
Unthinkable,truly... though, keep in mind she is actually good in close combat.
>>
>>47896054
>Do you feel well man?
Define "Well". Probably not.

>>buried
I feel old now.

>>using mana symbols to point out the color identity of tokens
But there was so much text!

>>green-white mechanic on black-green walker
But anons said I should populate instead of proliferate. Am I just high? yes

>Also stealing is pretty much a blue-red thing with some occurences in black
I just really want a way that flavor-wise represents how she steals children, other than just pooping out tokens.
>>
>>47896088
Serena has been a warrior for five centuries and is almost certainly physically stronger. She may also want to test out her newfound urge to burn things.
>>
>>47896120
If you have to ask you are clearly not

You are.

Not a good reason to use wrong wording.

Anons said shit, you should listen to the drugs more and less to the anons.

Oh well then.
>>47896179
Yeah not on Murdock though!.
You say,w hat's your favorite comics style. Or artist, whatever. Please don't say jap ones, I don't know how to draw manga.
>>
File: cas_vi_by_imdrunkontea-da5as24.jpg (116 KB, 805x993) Image search: [Google]
cas_vi_by_imdrunkontea-da5as24.jpg
116 KB, 805x993
>>47896193
I'm a fan of more traditional art mostly. These are some Dark Heresy characters a friend drew for me, mine is on the left and my fiancé's is the right. Quite frankly though I enjoy a wide variety of western art styles.
>>
>>47896265
I'll take it as a go as I like. It may be arthur adams it may be bengal, we'll see. Or I'll just fuck up.
>>
>>47895874
Because creative gets to do boxchecking and showhorning.
They HAVE to have a monoblack walker because they have to have a monoblack walker, and they decided to check yes on all five of the origins 5 because they'd already checked four of those boxes.
Doesn't matter that they don't have a monoblack walker that would actually make SENSE to join the Gatewatch. Doesn't matter that they don't need to have a monoblack walker in the Gatewatch - something that would be generally against what most monoblack walkers desire anyways. It's a box they decided to check, so they're checking it.
>>
>>47896329
Whatever happens, no matter how badly you mess up, just remember: I've payed money for worse.
>>
>>47896265
>Sister x Guardswoman
Sister x Escher Ganger would have far better dynamic.
>>
>>47896354
Keeping her fuckpuppy alive
>>
>>47896382
They're actually both Sisters. Just one of them wears guard flak and is kinda edgy.
>>
File: Mira Mother Dearest.jpg (35 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Mira Mother Dearest.jpg
35 KB, 375x523
>>47896193
Ok, I did some more tweaking. The regeneration may be a bit much. Thoughts?
>>
>>47896419
I just saw some typos on the first one. And I meant to say "You may proliferate."
>>
>>47896359
You are not even paying money for this one. And anyway I am a professional. Since 5 days, but still.
>>47896419
The wording man. The wording. I feel older just by looking at it.
>>
>>47896560
Help. Help me. I can't stop my age.
>>
>>47896560
That's what I mean. I pay people actual money to do art and its worse than what you do by far. Don't sweat it, I'll be happy with the result.
>>
>>47896588
Oh come on, you're only 3 years older than me.
>>
>>47896622
Apparently my card-making skills think I'm much, much older.
>>
>>47895874
this is literally exactly what is going to happen

they'll try to kill Emrakul with the power of friendship like they did to Ulamog and Kozilek and it'll look like they're about to fail when Liliana will decide to pitch in and help out and and they use their big combination attack to kill Memerakul

also expect Liliana and Chandra to get mad at each other almost immediately because they both inexplicably want to fuck Jace
>>
File: Mira Mother Dearest.jpg (36 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Mira Mother Dearest.jpg
36 KB, 375x523
>>47896560
Is this better? I'm trying so hard.
>>
>>47896462
You may proliferate just adds a needless trigger since you choose how many things you proliferate when you do so.
>>
>>47896765
'For the rest of the game' is superfluous text. 'It is a spider in addition to it's other types' is enough.
>>
>>47896786
Don't blame me, blame the weed.
>>
>>47896817
It's okay friend, I'm writing this story while full of Morphine.
>>
>>47896765
B: regenerate has been changed into "B. regenerate this creature.
The correct wording would be "put a -1/-1 counter on target creature".
"crature you don't control GET" not gain, and "for each creature that died this way, put a etc etc etc" for the third one.
>>
>>47896859
...why are you full of morphine?
>>
>>47896765
The wording for the ult would most likely be dies instead of destroyed
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.