[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any anons read the edge chronicles? the lore surrounding it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Edge.png (580 KB, 755x478) Image search: [Google]
Edge.png
580 KB, 755x478
any anons read the edge chronicles?

the lore surrounding it is cool as fuck (especially the fauna and flora)
>>
>>47874931
Mah nigga

I loved those books as a kid and I still do. I don't know any other fantasy world so far off the standard tropes and still so vivid and natural.

I didn't really like The Immortals though and now I'm afraid of starting the new trilogy.
>>
File: Skyshipgalerider.png (339 KB, 1008x784) Image search: [Google]
Skyshipgalerider.png
339 KB, 1008x784
>>47876127
Then there's the skyships of course.
>>
>>47874931
There was a really elaborate RPG /tg/ was writing based on it. It was incredibly complicated and used massive tables to resolve the simplest things.
>>
>>47878766
Yeah, I remember it attempted to stat every single sentient being on the Edge as a playable race. There's about four dozen species of goblin alone.
>>
>>47878766
>>47879083

Got links?
>>
>>47879097
No sorry. We should make a new one that is not so complicated, preferably based on the first age of flight when the Earth scholars were still around.
>>
>>47879375

A beastiary might be cool, statting out the monsters and then further developing it from there
>>
>>47879442
In what system?
>>
>>47879667
ye olde GURPS?
>>
>>47874931
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Edge%20Chronicles

Found it
>>
I thought the system was neat, didn't seem super complex.
But I also helped to make it so I'm probably biased.
>>
Man I love these books, such a cool setting, surprised the cult following seems to be quite thin. Awesome that /tg/ make a ruleset, gonna check that out.
>>
>>47876127
>Read this post
>Look it up
>They're making a fourth trilogy

Oh fuck, I'll have to check this out.

I thought The Immortals was hella cool so if this is a sequel to it then I'll let my hopes go up a little.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.