[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Emrakul Rises"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: c4rd4r7_3ubNi4n6aj.jpg (452 KB, 750x638) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_3ubNi4n6aj.jpg
452 KB, 750x638
I fly on the wings of angel...

"Dear Archangel Avacyn. Mother told me that if I get scared, I should pray. I'm scared now."

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/emrakul-rises-2016-06-20

What do you think about the lore/story for the next magic set?
>>
>>47872759
>it was emrakul the whole time
I'm not surprized, just disappointed
>liliana saves everyone
that trailer really makes me dubious, if they're trying to bill the biggest bitch in magic as the hero I'm gonna lose all faith in magic creative. i didn't have much but damn
>all that art, mutant freaks, basically turning people into eldrazi instead of having spawn squirreling ariund
actually pretty neat, the art and concepts seem to be doing the absolute best possible with a predictable premise.
>>
Fuckin shit writing. Had to make an actual effort to finish it.
>>
>>47872819
>Lilliana sends wave after wave of zombies to no avail
>Raven man tells her how to win but it requires an ancient ritual from a plane long dead
>She does it
>Raven man is revived
>Raven man turns out to be Mishra
>>
>>47872819

I think the theme for Lili will actually be

>ELDRITCH GOD GET OUT
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>WHY DON'T YOU GE OUT?
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>WAIT LEMME USE THE VEIL

(jace chimes in)

>No, Lili, don't do the thing

>liliana does the thing

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>things go horribly wrong, jacetice league saves the day, sorin acts aloof, lili either dies or has a change of heart

*ALTERNATIVELY*

>suddenly bolas
>all according to keiakku
>>
>>47872759
I mean, don't get me wrong. Lilliana fighting Eldrazi with an army of zombies is fucking metal. But everything else is too gay for words.
>>
>>47872937
What don't you like about the rest? The Eldrazi as Mastermind? The corruption? Jace?
>>
>>47872759
Their try at Lovecraftian speak is very bad. New Phyrexian was a lot better with the weird sounds and writing with subtitles in the Scars trailer. But fuck me if the arts aren't baller as fuck, pure The Thing horror. We need a card with someone opening in a mouth like the defibrillator scene.
>>
this game got really gay
>>
File: MtG_EMN_MLP.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MtG_EMN_MLP.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>47873090
Yeah, there's too many neigh-sayers around here.
>>
Have we started the memes?

Yes, brother....M'emerakul rises!
>>
>>47872935
it ends with oath of liliana. this is going to be the weakest heel face turn in the history of media.

whatever happens with the chain veil garruk is going to be straight up the bad guy, fuck. I'm really starting to hate lili more than nissa, what a fucking bitch.
>>
>>47872937
>>47873100
What is this, the 90s
>>
There's a thread already

>>47872223
>>>47872223
>>47872223
>>>47872223
>>47872223
>>>47872223
>>
>they just put 'mrakul after everything

Dr Pavel, I'm CIA'mrakul
>>
>>47873185
Meme'mrakul
>>
>>47873185
Emrakul's real name is Carl, and they're jut trying to shame her into leaving the plane.
>>
>>47873185
YOU'RE A BIG'RAKUL
>>
>>47873227
The Eldrazi Rises, brother!
>>
>>47872759
It's hard to take Emrakul seriously when her idea of an entrance chant is mom-joke wordplay.

Seriously, how many aeons has she torn asunder, and the best she's got is jank like

>"I'AMRAKUL"
>"ME'MRAKUL"
>"BE'MRAKUL"
>"COME'RAKUL"

Doesn't Hasbro own WotC?
Why couldn't they appropriate "UNTIL ALL ARE ONE."
>>
>>47873141
yes
>>
File: dark helmet.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dark helmet.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
I knew it, I'm surrounded by 'Mrakuls!

Keep firing, 'Mrakuls!
>>
>>47873267
FOR EVERYONE
>>
>>47873162
if this was the 90's we would still have urza and friends
>>
>>47873314
I read "me'mrakul" as "Mememrakul".
It's funny.
>>
>>47873314
But she says exactly that in the lore story when Jace sees her mind.
>>
>>47873376
She's a lot more grandiose about it when mindraping Jace, and it's actually cool and intimidating there.

But She makes Her cultists say the dumbest shit.
>>
I love magic, and I love narratives, but christ almighty mtg has shit lore. I play because I love cardboard, the plot is completely irrelevant to me as long as interesting cards keep coming out.
>>
>>47873185
>Remember, they came as three
You don't get to bring friends
>Nahiri has to chant and make an effort to summon Emrakul
Flight an filed with the Blind Eternities, listing me, Sorin, but only one of you
>Jace couldn't believe how colossal the titan was
Emrakul confirmed big guy
>Nahiri felt the last defenses of the plane falling off, like armor
Removing Innistrad's mask is extremely painful
>What's the next part of your plan?
"As Zendikar was crashed, so shall Innistrad, with no survivors"
>>
>>47873488
meme magic'mrakul
>>
>>47873488
this meme is four years old

I fucking love it
>>
>>47873488
Actually imagine the plot twist, if the other 2 eldrazi came back to life or something just because one of them lived.

Or maybe we get 2 new eldrazi?
>>
>>47873404
>>She makes Her cultists say the dumbest shit.
>Implying that if you became a horrible eldritch horror with mind rape powers, you wouldn't have your cultists spouting 4chan memes 24/7
>>
>>47873534
See, emmy just wants to have fun and hug people after all. No reason to be worried about, folks!
>>
>>47873488
>Crashing this plane. With no survivors.
>>
>>47873534
>"First for Emrakul is love!"
>"tfw no Eldrazi-girl gf!"
>"I want to lick Emrakul's feet!"
>"2016! Not liking Emrakul! I sure hope you cathars don't do this!"
>"Name a flaw of Emrakul! Protip: you can't!"
>>
>>47873534
>cultists wandering around mumbling about how they don't get to bring friends
>>
>>47873631
>Cathars are just normalfags
>Cultists are NEETS whose waifu is emrakul
>>
>>47872833
>/lit/
>>
>>47873340
>>47873267
Kek
>>
>>47872759
>Jace
Fucking WHY
>>
>>47873267

Dr. Erakul, I am J.A.C.E!

Is there no secret service in the magic universe?
>>
File: you're making me nervous.jpg (162 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
you're making me nervous.jpg
162 KB, 960x960
>>47872935
>REEEE
>do the thing
>jacetice league
>keiakku[sic]
The sheer density of memes in this post physically discomforts me. I wonder if this poster is still capable of independent thought.
>>
It's kinda impressive how hard they're trying to make me care about the lore in these sets lately and how hard they're failing at it.
>>
I thought it was pretty good, Angels fags sound incredibly butthurt
>>
>>47874033
Nothing they can do about your retardation.
>>
>>47872759
Calling it now.
Sigarda will save the kid and the lesbian Hunters and become Avacyn 2.0 after Tamiyo traps her in the moon as someone has said in here.
Lilliana will be the one to smash Emmy in the face, and Tamiyo will be killed because please stop asking Maro about Kamigawa.
>>
>>47873898
>Independent thought
>Meme card game
Choose
>>47872935
Pretty much this, however it's done I'm sure it won't be anything other than pure shit as usual
>>
>>47874252
>>meme card game
What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>47874247
I bet Emmy just gets fucking destroyed. It's not indestructible after all.
>>
>someone gets paid to write this
>>
>>47874311
I mean the gatewatch could rekt two eldrazi titans, a single eldrazi titan is nothing, besides they've got liliana on their side. RIP Emmy
>>
>>47874077
>Mtg lore
You can't seriously give a fuck about this, right? Nobody actually takes any of this shit even remotely serious in an even slightly unironic way, right?

It's a card game.
>>
>>47874365
>>>/modern general/
>>
I like Emmys card name. The Promised End ties into everything the religion in Innistrad preached.
>>
So Chandra's just going to kill Emrakul with fire, too. That's lame.
>>
>>47872759
>that pic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8
>>
File: five legged'mrakul.jpg (29 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
five legged'mrakul.jpg
29 KB, 200x285
>>47874421
So did they actually had this planned in original INN?
>>
>>47874461
About time.
>>
>>47874421
The name is the only decent thing about it. Dies to a lot of removal and doesn't even get to attack before your opponent untaps. Sure, you can Mindslaver their removal at something else, but yeesh.
>>
>>47874499
Are you stupid? She's only affected by sorceries and you're gonna use them on their turn on their monsters plus ramming one into Emrakul. You basically won the game.
>>
>>47874257
Anything someone doesn't like is a meme. Neighbor's dog barking all night keeping you awake? Fucking meme dog.
>>
>>47873155

The difference being that Lili is supposed to be a selfish bitch.
God I hope they don't turn her into a "hero" this expansion.

We can, and should have black heroes but Lili isn't it.
>>
>>47874586
Technically, if it's a shiba inu, it's a meme dog.
>>
>>47874561
Stasis snare
>>
File: Image.png (137 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
137 KB, 223x311
>>47874468
Probably more a case of a stopped clock being right twice a day. If you live in the MTG multiverse and you predict some kind of apocalypse, you are very likely to be correct by accident. Apocalypses are very common. Remember the apocalypse that Dominaria had as a side effect of having too many other apocalypses?
>>
>>47874634
>stasis snare is in every deck and available at all times meme
>implying you can't just stasis snare one of your own monsters as your opponent

Fucking retards.
>>
>>47874561

>What are creatures, enchantments, artifacts and planeswalker

Because obviously there is no removal outside of instants and sorceries.
>>
>>47874719
Stasis Snare has flash, stupid. You flash it in on THEIR turn. Sure they still get a mindslaver, but their 13/13 endgame just ate shit
>>
>>47874890
No they don't. They control you, they can just target something else with stasis snare you imbecile.
>>
>>47874949
You control their NEXT turn. On THIS turn, they cast stasis snare.
>>
>>47874949
No, you imbecile, they cast Stasis Snare after Emmy hits the board, before the end of turn, because it's a non-instant removal that happens to have flash.
>>
>>47872819
Trailer?
>>
>>47874634
Also clip wings
>>
>>47874973
>>47874978
oh okay. you don't have to be that aggressive anyways
>>
>>47872759
>Gisela and Bruna

Damn, Avacyn got off light. I wonder if it's going to be WUR Eldrazi.
>>
>>47874949
>average mtg player base today
>>
>>47874257
:24 reply
So, bitch nigger, this game is trash and you eat shit out of a cows ass. Kill yourself.
>>
Magic lore a shit. Shit!
>>
>>47875196
It's lesbians overcome the tentacle monsters. They know nothing about good world building.
>>
>>47872867
>Tricks Lili into activating a new Golgothian Sylex

Nice.
>>
>>47875078
>Acts like an arrogant cunt
>oh okay. you don't have to be that aggressive anyways
Fuck off, you started it.
>>
>Eldritch Moon: wherein an entire lore is literally tentacle raped.
>>
>>47874593
the SoI story handled her very well in a protagonistic light. She was still her selfish self, but it helped to show some of Black's positives (namely, independent individuals don't let other independent individuals that they have feelings for do stupid selfless acts that'd get themselves killed because that's just stupid and dumb and a waste of one's life and one's life is the most important thing about being Black).

Sometimes it's lonely at the top and you want someone else you can call an equal, y'know? But never someone to subordinate to, because that's bullshit in Black's eyes.
>>
>>47875078
Kill yourself
>>
>>47875444
Living is important to red. Black is all about power. Black will gladly give up life for power.
>>
>>47874357
>/lit/
>>
>>47875514
What use is power if you're dead? (As in non-existent, not some lich bs).
>>
>>47875444
Black doesn't mind licking boots in a ploy for power. Like corrupt official or a demon worshipping cultist, they seek power through calculated acts of subservience.
>>
>>47872759
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DKx10MYrh4MY&start1=&video2=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DamzNAON0Fc4&start2=15&authorName=Sirgupp
>>
>>47875532
Enjoying power is a red attribute. Black only cares about obtaining the power. What it does with the power is irrelevant because they don't yet have it.
>>
>>47874357
you don't know that for sure, could be intern
>>
>>47875514
Power is meaningless if you aren't there to use it.

Semantically speaking it's more along the lines of "the preservation of one's self" and that the cessation of self, or death, is one of those things Black is absolutely terrified of; seeing death around every corner, being terrified of it, and acting to avoid it, this is the fundamental nature of Black.

>>47875554
In a ploy for power, yes to an extent. Black's ideal is to answer to no one, to let nothing have control over them, to essentially maximize their agency at any cost. Deals with devils are made with the intent to screw them out of the contract when the time comes, or if not that then because it ultimately maximizes their well being for the time. It's a complex series of cost-benefit assessments, focused on gathering power so that the self is maintained.

>>47875621
Actually it's very relevant, Black's quest for power is all to solve the persisting dilemma it faces, the preservation of one's self in a world where everyone is expected to do whatever it takes to preserve their own self.
>>
>>47875721
Which is worse? Somebody getting paid to produce this dreck or Wizards leaving their primary means of conveying storylines in the hands of unpaid interns?
>>
>>47872759
Not going to lie, this makes me want to return to magic.
>>
>>47875791
This? Why? You an edgelord?
>>
>>47875908
No, he's Urza. Seeing the Eldrazi makes him want to fight apocalypses like he did in ye olde times.
>>
>>47875739
Pure black wants power just for the sake of having it. Think of the card Greed. The Paladin lying in the mountain of gold, scoffing at the mere notion of there being such a thing as "enough". Obtaining power as a means to an end is color bleed.
>>
>>47872867
no joke if this happened it would seriously be the best thing written since time spiral where teferis dumb ass brought bolas back.
>>
>>47872867
What would his goals even be? He wouldn't be a walker.
>>
>>47875945
Greed's an old card and I would argue Black's nature was ill defined at its time.

Face it, Black has had it pretty shitty for a good chunk of MtG's lifetime. It's constantly pidgeonholed as a color of evil and dickery when there's a lot more nuance to it.
>>
>>47875980
highjack karns spark out of assmad spite
then proceed to make dominaria great again since his brother is fuck up supreme.
>>
>>47875980
To become the new Father of Machines. the guy was corrupted by Yawgmoth
>>
>>47875514
Only in the sense of life as that useless thing that keeps you from becoming a lich. In the sense of death as a cessation of being, Black is absolutely terrified of it because it represents an end to everything a Black individual has worked for. What good is wealth if it's just going to get inherited by people who didn't work for it? What good is power when lesser individuals start squabbling over the vacuum you left behind? The best thing a Black character can hope for with death is that the ensuing catastrophe is a testament to how powerful they were in life, and that's small compensation to a philosophy that doesn't give a fuck about legacies.
>>
>>47872759

Once again, relatively mediocre writing as MtG story but it's not offensively bad. Everyone was kind of expecting Emrakul, as it was not present in the previous set, so I'm not exactly surprised.

I hope they don't finish off Emrakul. Wizards has been revisiting planes for quite a while now. I guess they feel they have to bring stories into conclusion, but offing lovecraftian horrors seems kind of cheap - at least the way it happened last time.
>>
>>47876073
>implying
the guy held out to have his own damn will even after yawgy retardation, he'd highjack phyrexia and proceed to shit down every newwalkers throat since it took probably the strongest oldwalker alive in a long fucking fight only second to yawgys fight with urza to put down.
its 100 times worse if he somehow highjacks a spark as well, he would probably be one of the only things to make bolas not act like a complete jackass to everyone since he would be such a fucking large threat at that point.
>>
>>47875945

Black just like all the other colors have more than one side to it.

Black is centered around two main principles, power and individuality. To maintain the independece of otherd as lobg as it costs you nothing can be considered a very black thing.
>>
>>47876110
Ulamog and Kozilek likely still exist, only their physical forms they have to take to invade a plane were destroyed.
>>
>>47876132
He has been dead so he cannot get a spark anyways. Although it would be a way to kinda bring back Yawgmoth if he somehow injected his own will into Mishra
>>
>>47876168
thats why i said he would probably try to steal one, which could very well happen, since phyrexia has always been about stealing a spark and proceeding to take over all the shit.
>>
>>47876164
While the details are pretty vague, the heavy implication is that they actually did destroy the 'real' Ulamog and Kozilek by dragging them into the plane (basically using mana as a hook and line) and lighting them on fire. There could still be other complications to destroying them (like something worse developing in their absence), but seems like they're actually supposed to be dead.
>>
>>47876164

The only thing cheaper than offing Ulamog and Kozilek the way they were offed would be to bring them back from the dead now.

Wizards writing may be mediocre, but that'd be too much.

That said, even if the prose the sets are presented in is nothing to write home about, I've been liking the art direction and design of the late sets. Tarkir was cool, and newldrazi shitting bismuth crystals as they go around was the kind of stuff we need in fiction.
>>
>they seal Emrakul into the silver moon
>Emrakul becomes the new "guardian" of Innistrad

>by which I mean the bizarre twisted faith in an eldritch rape being brings back order to a chaotic plane in as twisted and delicious an irony for all involved as possible

>Sorin is mad because now his plane relies on the very thing he wants as far away from it as possible
>Nahiri is mad with egg all over her face, her revengeance backfiring tremendously
>Tamiyo is mad because the moon is filled with tentacle splooge. No idea if she's actually just jealous.
>the Gatewatch sans Jace is like DUDE MISSION ACCOMPLISHED HELL YEAH because they haven't been brought up to speed on any of this bullshit
>meanwhile, at Liliana's rape dungeon, Jace awakens to discover he's naked and shackled to the wall.
>>
>>47876164

>i literally didn't read the story at all

I mean, I don't blame you, but if you had read it, you'd know they forced their astral bodies onto Zendikar. They tried to get into an eating contest with the plane eaters. When it unsurprisingly failed, and the plane was on its way out the door, they set all the food the titans had eaten on fire, and destroyed them in the explosion, which was really only possible because Zendikar, the plane, was actively fighting back.
>>
>>47876238

The most likely thing I see is that their essence was absorbed into Emrakul, making it a worse threat than the three of the individualy.
Though based on how they're using Emra now it dosen't feel that much more powerful.
>>
>>47875556
kek
>>
>>47876138

I thought individuality was mainly a red thing.
>>
File: 1456267527646.jpg (32 KB, 263x443) Image search: [Google]
1456267527646.jpg
32 KB, 263x443
>>47876168
>>47876073
>Mishra revived with part of Yawgmoth's spirit inside him
>Somehow gets to New Phyrexia and immediately begins giving orders
>Norn, being the queen bitch, tries to kill him only to get destroyed
>He ends up uniting New Phyrexia
>First order of business: find Dominaria
>mfw
>>
I stopped giving a fuck about Magic story recently because of the terribly hacky storytelling.

So Emrakul actualy was in Innistrad the whole time? Yawwwn.
>>
>>47874364
The other two were ganked by a channel fireball combo, Emmy can't be targeted by that, so Lili is going to give her zombos flying somehow and multi block her.
>>
>>47876284

>meanwhile, at Liliana's rape dungeon, Jace awakens to discover he's naked and shackled to the wall AGAIN.

Remember they used to date, he is probably used to it at this point.
>>
>>47876315
>So Emrakul actualy was in Innistrad the whole time
no
>>
>>47876296
Yes and no.
Red is about expression and passion and things that celebrate individuality, and Black is so self-centric that it embodies the idea of individuality.

As allies on the color wheel, they both have this as common ground, and combined you get the hedonistic tendencies of the Rakdos guild, where every day is party day and nothing should stop having a fun time.

Oddly enough, once you hit Rakdos levels of hedonism, you start seeing self destructive behaviors that Black would not be happy with. Take the card "Showstopper" for example. Bunch of clowns just blowing themselves up, Black wouldn't be down with that unless it was one of those world ending sort of "if I'm going down, then I'm taking everyone with me" routines, whereas BR is like "DUDE, I JUST EXPLODED, FUCKING AWESOME."
>>
>>47876300
Oh man I'd be OK with this
>>
>>47876346
I always felt that seemed kind of rapey. Like, Jace is an idiot kid with half his brain erased. He shouldn't be fucked by an older woman like that.
>>
>>47876287

He is refering to Ugin implying that killing the titans could just be making the problem worse.
Even in the context in the story we got I could see them coming back somehow.

Maybe since they are a native function of the multiverse, the void they leave behind will eventually be filled in, effectively recreating the titans?
Something like that.
>>
>>47876338

Fireball is a Sorcery
>>
>>47876404
what if killing the 2 others made Emrakul stronger? Like having a shared link between them. I dont know
>>
>>47876338
isn't emmy indestructible? Unless the fuckers have either wither or infect they arn't doing shit to emmy.
>>
>>47876404
I can see them being the will of the multiverse itself.

>the planes are just split personalities of the multiverse's primary self, which we call the Eldrazi

>Emrakul exists to unite everything back to a primal whole, and Kozilek and Ulamog are tools to reshape the planes

>annihilating the Eldrazi is to essentially kill the multiverse itself, or at least some aspect of it such as to cause stupid plot-arc bullshit to ensue on completely unrelated planes
>>
>>47872759

I found the Eldrazi a lot more intimidating when their presence was turning everything into dust. At least when they moved away from that with Kozilek it was still interesting because of the whole alien geometries and time warp shit that still killed anything that got too close to him.

With Emrakul, it's just a lot of body horror and insane cult mentality. Which means Emrakul is just ripping off shit Phyrexia did first and did better.

They really wanted the 'mrakul shit to be intimidating, I could tell, but it just sounded ridiculous. I couldn't take any of the dialogue tacking 'mrakul onto shit seriously.

Also, I liked this set for angels and demons and hammer horror monsters. I really didn't want another round of Theme Park Lovecraft, but here we fucking are.
>>
>>47872819

Sorin would make more sense as the token black Gaywatch than Lili.
>>
>>47876296

Red is about freedom, mostly in the shallow sense, but red does not being part of a group etc as long as they chose it.

But black is about philosophical freedom, black needs to be its own identity, choosing for itself, acting on its own whims and even supporting itself.
>>
>>47876443
Promised End is not. All she currently has is Protection From Instants.
>>
>calling it now
>Emrakul isn't actually the bad guy in Eldritch Moon
>instead she helps the Gatewatch defeat the actual bad guy, Marit Lage and Phyrexia
>and then there'll be a moment of goodbye between her and the Gatewatch
>and she'll say "We'rakul?"
>and Jace will be like "Yeah, we're cool."
>>
>>47876462

As I see it Red is concerned about freedom in general. People should be free to do what they want whenever they want however they want with whoever they want, and that goes for everybody.

Black is concerned about "I can do what I want." Which can include taking freedom away from other people, something Black will do with zero hesitation if it improves Black's position.
>>
>>47876423
what if emrakul is the oldest eldrazi and the fleshwarping weirdness actually lets her make new eldrazi, not just spawn. there were three eldrazi because that is maximum capacity for the blind eternities. emrakul's now in charge of repopulating her natural habitat. brunsela is the fourth titan.
>>
File: 1339082977112.jpg (24 KB, 380x368) Image search: [Google]
1339082977112.jpg
24 KB, 380x368
>>47876300
>Mfw the inevitable battle between Mishra and Karn
>>
>>47876453
>They really wanted the 'mrakul shit to be intimidating, I could tell

They really didn't, you're just an autistic retard.
>>
>>47876029
>Greed's an old card and I would argue Black's nature was ill defined at its time.
Old enough it was reprinted in Commander 2013? Pay life -> draw card effects have been black's MO literally from the very beginning.
>>
>>47876453
>I couldn't take any of the dialogue tacking 'mrakul onto shit seriously.
*Tips tentacles* 'mrakul.
>>
File: 1447709493772.gif (19 KB, 213x223) Image search: [Google]
1447709493772.gif
19 KB, 213x223
>yfw Emracool turns Innistrad into the most bumping night club in the entire multiverse
>>
>>47876284
>No idea if she's actually just jealous.
I laughed AND got a boner. Good post
>>
>>47876453
the 'mrakul thing was way too corny and I blame that on the remaining vestiges of gothic horror trying to make an invading cosmic mutagen come off as slightly corny.

But honestly I think they've been improving their plan on how to convey the presence of Eldrazi ever since OGW started tinkering with the whole "things get really really fucking weird when you drag an Eldrazi into a plane" concept.

>>47876494
Freedom vs agency.
The ability to choose and the ability to act.
>>
>>47876515
No, only since Necropotence
>>
>>47876515
Art flavor != mechanics, ya dingus.

Attempts at fixing Necropotence are always Black as fuck, but the art sometimes doesn't fit.
>>
>"Choose me! Me! Me'mrakul."
>Memerakul
>>
>>47876486
>and she'll say "We'rakul?"
>and Jace will be like "Yeah, we're cool."
get the fuck out. you get the fuck out right now
>>
>>47876494

Individuality is about more than just freedom.
Black obviously cares about freedom, its their common problem with white, the color of bondage.
But specificly Individuality is about doing things yourself, red is more than okay to trust others or to be a part of a larger whole, but black needs to stand on its own. Relying on others isn't a powerful thing to do so it ties into that side of black too.
>>
Tamiyo a cute.
>>
>>47876581

Well, again, black cares about ITS freedom. It doesn't give a shit if White takes away Red's freedom if it leaves Black alone.

Its primary problem with white is white's insinuation that being selfish is wrong more than anything else.
>>
File: 1466383874448.gif (404 KB, 118x114) Image search: [Google]
1466383874448.gif
404 KB, 118x114
>>47876486
>>and she'll say "We'rakul?"
>>and Jace will be like "Yeah, we're cool."
Holy shit, 13 out of 13 kek'rakuls
>>
>>47876581
Black also has its crippling paranoia and distrust in play that keeps it from being able to trust in others easily.
>>
>>47876300
>>47876503
Mishra had a good run and he makes a fun commander. Don't get him involved in this shitshow.

His Time Spiral flavor text was the best send-off he could've gotten as a character.
>>
>>47875433
>Innistrad was one of the few places that had a good end
>gets fucked so hard there is no hope of recovery
>>
File: 1406756165369.jpg (4 KB, 144x216) Image search: [Google]
1406756165369.jpg
4 KB, 144x216
>>47876632
>Mishra had a good run
Mishra was almost non existent
>>
>>47876641

Let's be honest, Zendikar was also fucked so hard there was no way it could recover until suddenly it was magically OK again.

I still feel like it doesn't make sense that the plane was able to survive having all of its mana consumed in one go, much less thrive afterwards.
>>
>>47876632
>Mishra
>Commander

What.
>>
>>47876300
Fuck yeah man, I'd be down for that. You could have a block about Norn vs Nu-Yawg, and then a block later on of unified Phyrexia wrecking shit.
>>
File: Guilt.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Guilt.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>47876632
>Mishra had a good run
Didn't he spend couple centuries like Prometheus except the thing tearing his guts was not giant eagle but Yawgmoth himself?
>>
>>47876029
>It's constantly pidgeonholed as a color of evil and dickery

That's exactly what it is. Black in Magic is Evil Shit: The Color.
>>
>>47876617

You are implying that every negative aspect should be taken to its extreme.
Black is the most selfish color but it would not break the colorpie to not focus on it, just like showing white as not totalitarian isn't breaking the colorpie either.

Black is about individuality, which of course means itself. But it can also mean caring about someone elses Individuality.
Color identity is a range, a green character does not have to comform to every aspect single that belongs to green, same with black.
>>
>>47876675
Mishra got a card. Problem is the deck to properly use him is complicated
>>
>>47876595
Agreed.

Also it might be my imagination but it looks like she'd holding a portable Reito Lantern, just without the decorative sides.
>>
>>47876456
Yes but he'd probably leave the minute he saw Nissa was in the group.
>>
>>47876709
>Couple centuries

More like 10,000 years
>>
>>47872759

That story is embarrassing to read. Holy fucking shit. This is below fanfic tier. Did Maro write it himself?
>>
>>47876709
I think it's implied that Yawgmoth was fucking with Urza. There's no way Mishra survived the sylex blast
>>
>>47875943
Or just bitch-slap the superfriend planeswalkers and swing some crazy old man dick around.
>>
>>47876667

Zendikar was left a giant empty desert with a population a few hundreds.
That's them being "okay"?
>>
>>47876465
other version was also not, but had protection from colored spells.
>>
>>47876776
they left it very open to interpretation
>>
>>47876776
Yeah, and Karona hallucinated her encounter with Yawgmoth. I hate that whenever WotC accidentally brights up some interesting piece of lore they retcon it right away.
>>
>>47876791

Considering they're pulling the "It's all growing back now that the Eldrazi are dead" card and we both know that's only going to take as long as marketing decides WoTC should release "Return to Zendikar 3: Zendikarder," they'll bounce back surprisingly well.
>>
>>47876741
So, a lantern?
>>
>>47876834
I honestly think they're lying about the karona thing and didn't want to spoil the return of the nig nad
>>
>>47876453
the previous eldrazi weren't terribly lovecraftian. Tentacles is not enough to be lovecraftian.

This set is actually doing lovecraftian, with cultists, degeneration, creeping madness, gothic overtones, etc. The gothic horror elements of Innistrad were what was missing from the alien monstrosity threat of the Eldrazi to actually get Lovecraftian.

So I'm while I saw this coming a mile away, I've been looking forward to it.
>>
>>47872867
>Raven man is actually Urza

GOAT
O
A
T
>>
>>47876724
these questions get pretty easily answered when you look at the Ravnica Guilds

Red+Black: Red influence means they focus on the 'freedom' element of blacks individualism. Which results in utter chaos and destructive anarchy.

White+Black: Focuses on the selfish elements of blacks individualism. Happy to apply whites elements of bondage to others so long as it serves the goal of the individual.
>>
>>47876841

I honestly doubt we'll ever see Zendikar in any major way until another big timeskip.
>>
>>47876871

I've been dreading this outcome since the SOI trailer.

Innistrad already had a fairly compelling cosmology and a nicely set up tribal balance of power. Adding the Eldrazi to that mix just ruins everything because it becomes all about the super-monsters that came out of nowhere on top of the regular old monsters, and now both the angels and demons are getting sidelined in favor of the Eldrazi and I don't have high hopes for spirits, werewolves, or vampires either.
>>
>>47876724
>>47876928
that said:
>Color identity is a range, a green character does not have to comform to every aspect single that belongs to green, same with black.
is very correct.

But black will add an element of 'me, me, me' to whatever it's doing. Even the pure black protagonist magic had was basically out do it for himself.
>>
>>47876928

That's not a good way of defining the colors.
The guilds belong to those colors but the guilds don't personify every aspect of those colors.
>>
>>47876952
but the Innistrad story was basically done by the time the first block finished.

I loved it too, and probably will like it better than this block when it's finished. But it was done, there was no more big move to be had. A lot of little stories that would be great sure, but that's not what MtG expansions are about, and hasn't been since The Dark changed it to being about bigger stories.

If they wanted another Innistrad Block, then there needed to be another big story, and to do that something big needed to change. Adding Lovecraft to the mix fits better with the theme than the other possibilities.
>>
>>47877011
he's not "defining" them exclusively, just pointing out that the guilds are known examples of how color pairs work as ideologies.
>>
>>47876770
Kimberly J. Kreines wrote it, so it's a feature, not a bug.

When their target demographic is 15-year-old girls, what else did you expect?
>>
>>47877011
no, but they showed a way it could work. And I tried to bring out the general theme, the guilds chose a specific interpretation of.

Those general themes exist in any interpretation.
White/Black would combine blacks individualism, which includes selfishness, with whites focus on order and the collective.
Using power to control others for individual selfish desires is the general theme. Being a corrupt church is the specific instance.
>>
>>47872759
So, what is the deal with the thing in the OP? Did those 2 girls fuse with Emrakul or something ?
>>
So is everyone going to ignore Jace commenting on Gideon's "broad shoulders and ready smile" like a complete faggot?
>>
>>47877164

Jace has had a man-crush on Gideon for a while now. I stopped keeping track a while ago.
>>
>>47877144
The link is literally in the OP. How much more handholding do you need?
>>
>>47877127
15-25 year old boys.
I know you want to make yourself feel better by keeping yourself out of the target market for a thing you find bad, but the main buyers of MtG are well known.
>>
>>47877129
Eh, Orzhov isn't so much a church as it is a crime syndicate meets banking institution, a family seeking to consolidate power that is willing to share with others for a price.

It combines white's group oriented structure with black's desire for power. The result isn't an oppressive church, it's something more on the "we're a legitimate business wink wink nudge nudge" end of things, but with extra contract fine print so that even when you're dead you still have to pay your debts.

They just kinda superficially structure themselves like a church, but think about it; religion is the ultimate means with which to extort and racket people and institutions.
>>
>>47877221
No, I meant what I said.

Kreines is writing for girls. It's a touchy-feely girly fiction written by a girl, for girls. Ashaya... They are doing it on purpose. Their reasoning is something like "the neckbeards are addicted to the cardboard anyway and don't care for the story, we can use the fiction to attract a broader audience to our game".
>>
>>47877079
But they could have done anything else. Lilli alone is back there fucking with the Chain Veil so hard Innistrad feels it kind of like the first visit to Innistrad.

We could have had anyfuckingthing else other than another fucking run in with Eldrazi as Innistrad could do Lovecraft all by it's lonesome.

They didn't even try.
>>
>>47877358
>It's a touchy-feely girly fiction
You wanna scroll up and look at the OP again and tell me how that's "touchy-feely"?

I mean, there sure is a lot of touching and feeling going on, but I don't think it's the kind of touching and feeling you were thinking of. More like, "grasping limply at the hideous milky tentacles choking you to death" touching and "feeling your mind give way to the grasp of an incomprehensible alien being as your skin tears apart and becomes a flesh lattice" feeling.

I could see your point if you were just talking about the bit about the lesbian cathars, which was a bit silly, but saying that the angels being fused together into one insane angel-'drazi hybrid and screeching about union in Emrakul is "touchy-feely" or "girly" is just off the fucking wall.
>>
>>47877441
Well I'll tell you what the union of flesh and mana that is Brusela is to some people:

a fetish.
>>
>>47877441
I think he means its more along the lines of the more feminine horror. Sorta like Alien, it plays off the body horror and idea of corruption. Surprise surprise, a lot of women love corruption type horror stories, or at least when things lose their purity.
>>
>>47877419
>But they could have done anything else
name something that's both big and good.
>Lilli alone is back there fucking with the Chain Veil so hard Innistrad feels it kind of like the first visit to Innistrad.
but that's not a big story. Note how it's a very minor note in this story. The fact that it seemed almost exactly like the first Innistrad is a problem in that regard, not an asset.

>as Innistrad could do Lovecraft all by it's lonesome.
what would bring about the lovecraftian incomprehensible alien of the lovecraftianism that Innistrad was missing, without feeling like a Eldrazi ripoff, or just Phyrexia.
At least with the Eldrazi they had laid the groundwork for why they came to Innistrad.
>>
>>47877441
Check out her earlier Zendikar stories then; mostly about Nissa. She received a lot of blowback for her "teen romance" writing style.
>>
>>47877534
While a lot of women did like Alien, if you're trying to argue that Alien, or The Thing are 'touchy-feely girly fiction' which no right thinking man would enjoy, I don't even know where to start in calling out your dumb.
>>
>>47877534
Oh, you mean rape fantasies gone horribly wrong then?

Alien being feminine horror, that's something I never heard. Usually it's taken more as hypermasculine "get raped by a dick, see how fun that is" terror.
>>
>>47877500
No shit, but that's clearly not the meaning that was intended to be conveyed via "touchy-feely girly fiction."
>>47877534
I can see that as a defense for "girly," and I believe that's plausible, but not for "touchy-feely," which you'll notice I made the most argument for. "Touchy-feely," as in oversentimentality or mushiness or sappiness, is not at play in this story except maybe for the lesbian cathars. The events of the rest of the story seem to balance that more than enough (although the lesbian cathars bit was a bit dumb).
>>47877558
If we're talking about this story, about what Kreines is writing most currently, we're talking about this story. And I don't see very much teen romance here, or how that even counts as a writing style.
>>
>>47876881
>Not going to happen though
>Raven man is actually Yawgmoth
>>
File: index.jpg (42 KB, 500x516) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
42 KB, 500x516
>>47877537
well they could've made at least a good card for emrakul or maybe have given it his good ol' anihilator to enforce its supremacy

maybe a new ability that enforced the madness it's caused? I don't know man, it's just a mindslave on a stick, but worse

I think what most ppl are disliking about this new reveal is that the card sucks and it wasn't even a fucking reveal to begin with, they just tried to convey a fucking mistery with the set logo and shit, but everyone knew this was coming, that it was emy all along, we just didnt expect the card to be this bad
>>
Wizards: next set is about Emrakul!
Everyone else: No, it's Marit Lage!
W: no, it's about Emrakul. Check out these clues!
EE: No, it's Phyrexia!
W: we're showing Emrakul's tentacles in every card so you retards can understand it's Emrakul
EE: like Marit Lage tentacles? Phyrexia simbols? It's either Marit Lage or Phyrexia
W: still don't get it? Wait till Monday! It's totally Emrakul!
EE: no, it's Marit Lage!
W: Mondays here! Time for the big reveal! It's Emrakul! Like we fucking tried to say.
EE: it's shit, where is Marit Lage or Phyrexia?
>>
>>47877646
Nobody cares about the opinion of a shitter, get out.
>>
>>47877618
>If we're talking about this story, about what Kreines is writing most currently, we're talking about this story.
Fair enough. To be honest, it's hard to fuck up when they tell you "write about this twisted body-horror thing".

My point was that they deliberately hired these people to be more "SJW"-friendly, and it showed in the writing style the Magic stories tend to have. As for what I meant as a "romance" writing style, there's many things that distinguish the genre. Like focus on character feelings, internal struggle as opposed to external action, etc. I'll stop being a litfag for now.
>>
>>47877708
It's more like

W: Hey, Emrakuls in the next set
EE: Why? we just had an Eldrazi set
W: But Emrakuls big and bad and fucking Innistrad up
EE: Why not something else other than another Eldrazi block
W: Guys, Eldrazi are cool and super powerful
EE: They died by channel/fireball. they're not that strong apparently
W: Well everyone wanted the Eldrazi to return
EE: No we didn't
>>
>>47877726
go watch avatar kid
>>
File: Cla3mXQXEAAiHEq.png (188 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Cla3mXQXEAAiHEq.png
188 KB, 265x370
"legendary" werewolf
>>
>>47877766
>this.jpg
>>
>>47877776
whats the flip abilities
>>
>>47875082
Brusela, Herald of Emrakul 6RWU
Legendary Creature-Eldrazi Angel
Flying, double strike, trample
Whenever CARDNAME attacks, you may put onto the battlefield attached to it any number of Aura cards that could enchant it from any graveyard.
If CARDNAME would deal combat damage to a player, instead that player puts twice that many cards from the top of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
>>
>>47873602
Underrated post.
>>
>>47877776
... A bad Huntmaster? Thanks I guess, WOTC, It's stil far better than expected.
>>47877797
He fights something.
>>
>>47877618
even the lesbian cathar bit is more of a desperate struggle against madness and death.
Their love for each other is giving them strength in that struggle, but that's typically not what's meant by 'touchy-feely', except when used by the sort of person who finds any sort of positive emotion or personal connection repulsive.

And while I get that people find including lgb characters in stories as 'dumb', especially when it involves a church, the anti-gay elements of the church as we think of it is particular to our culture and religion. When making a fantasy or sci-fi setting, there is as much need to justify rejection of homosexuality as there is to justify it's acceptance.

Also, iirc they aren't cathars, just hunters.
>>
>>47876641
The drone'rakuls are set up so that when Emrakul leaves the plane they wither and die, if anything the cleanup is easier
>>
File: Cla3mjoXEAAo3cX.png (184 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Cla3mjoXEAAo3cX.png
184 KB, 265x370
>>47877797
>>
>>47873269
Ooh rah Eldrazi Rises earlee in the mornin'!
>>
>>47877766
They didn't know everyone would be tired of Eldrazi when they started making Shadows.
>>
>>47877814
>cardname
Why do I feel like I'm being made fun of
>>
>>47877814
I like the card, but fuck... that art for the werewolf is disgusting. Looks like he's missing a few chromosomes.
>>
>>47877814
I'll take it.
>>
>>47877834
Do they make sets 6 months prior?
>>
>>47877766
>t. assmad Marit shit retard

Kek
>>
>>47877811
I think even the Church of Avacyn frowns on it.
That or they just don't like hunters.

I said it before but there was a missed opportunity to run with this in the first SoI story, where the lesbo hunter duo could've had their "outsider" status be a multilayered issue of which one facet is their relationship, hint hint wink nudge allusion to Carmilla and the taboo of homosexuality.
>>
>>47877735
>Like focus on character feelings, internal struggle as opposed to external action, etc
wait, are you the same guy who accused them of writting to 15 year old girls.
Because lots of other people like reading about character and thoughts and not just action all the time. Action all the time is the more limited audience.
>>
>>47877776
>>47877814

>its garbage

I don't know what I was expecting.
>>
>>47877859
creative starts several years in advance.

>>47877867
>I think even the Church of Avacyn frowns on it.
evidence?
>That or they just don't like hunters.
where is that coming from?
>>
>>47876465
Cards are spells that summon imprints of creatures based on "your" knowledge of / experience with them. What the card does is not literally everything the character is capable of.
>>
>>47877867

They don't really specify what the church's stance is one way or the other, but the two are outsiders anyway because they're hunters. Certainly the cause of the townsfolk being wary of them at first is that they live in the woods, to be close to their work, which makes them look crazy to the people that spend their lives praying the walls and wards around their towns never fall.
>>
>>47877766

Wizards is dumb as shit, seriously
>>
>>47877937
>"I am dumb as shit, seriously"

ftfy
>>
>>47877885
it's fine. given the lessening of removal that can kill x/4 creatures, and having a comes-into-play ability it might actually see some constructed play.
Even if it doesn't, the competative constructed card pool is typically less than 60 cards in the most diverse of sets. Most cards should be expected to fail that par.

It is on the other hand, not worthy of being a legend or mythic in terms of uniqueness or being special and splashy. Given how well they made the planeswalker werewolf fit, I'm pretty disappointed.
>>
>>47877937
>>47877955

>"Wizards and literally everyone on this site including myself is dumb as shit, seriously"

ftfy
>>
The card is shit. You cant even mindslaverlock them with blink effects bc its an on-cast trigger. Why giving them that turn back. Fuck.
>>
>>47877888
The whole "outsider" thing that the first SoI story throws around with the hunters.

With the revelation that those hunters really are into each other like that, "outsider" takes on an alternative meaning, but regretfully one that is poorly utilized, as the revelation that those hunters are lesbos was made in some tumblr post or something rather than being an organic part of the narrative.

Long story short I have a grievance with that story for making merely a token effort at inclusiveness in a genre where homosexuality, or rather sexuality in general, is historically an important facet of the drama within gothic horror. Like, seriously, Carmilla is a story about lesbians, it's one of the most important gothic stories around in how it codifies the vampires-represent-sex stuff, and in some vague allusion to it you could've had that integrated into the narrative, but no it was acknowledged after the fact so the writer could pat themselves on the back for being so inclusive and writing about gay people when their gayness required shipping goggles to notice.

Admittedly I am projecting my society's norms into Innistrad's culture, but still I felt that story could've handled that one tiny facet so much better, so as to at least channel Innistrad's genre focus better; homosexuality, the recurring taboo, and how it is viewed in a world characterized by gothic horror, a genre that revels in taboos.
>>
I must say, they really brilliantly executed the whole "mystery" and "lovecraftian world" feeling of SOI. With the mechanics (clues and madness), the art hints (random mouths, fingers and tentacles growing out of people; the corrupting lattice and mutated animals), and the flavor of the cards - the fanatical cults doing creepy rituals, the avacynian inquisition, and the mad angels, everything has been a home run in my opinion. The gameplay also reflects the story well, with its reliance on combat tricks (anticipation, surprise) and discard/graveyard interactions.

Yes, we solved the mystery before the big reveal, but they designed it to be solvable.

I am almost sad that the big Em is coming herself now, since I liked Innistrad under her mysterious influence more. I do hope they will not fuck up the card flavor or the limited environment.
>>
>13 CMC
>Wizards still wanted to castrate it by letting the opponent get their turn after mindjacking them for a turn
NWO
W
O
>>
>>47878026

Well, maybe they could weaponize the taboo and get out of this mess in EM.

>"Wait, I have an idea!" Jace gasped, struggling with a tentacle. "Emrakul's female, right?"
>"It's more of a rock covered in tentacles. Really, I don't know if it's–" Gideon began, but Nissa nodded.
>"At least, we always referred to her as such back home."
>"I have a plan!" Jace said triumphantly.
>"Is it like the plan that got us into this situation?" Gideon muttered, slicing off another tentacle before it could throttle him.
>"Nissa, Chandra, you two need to make out RIGHT NOW," Jace went on.
>Awkward silence reigned for a minute. Even the tentacles seemed to pause.
>"What?"
>"If Emrakul's straight and she sees the two of you doing lesbian stuff she'll get really uncomfortable and try to go somewhere else. It'll give us time to regroup!"
>"That has got to be the DUMBEST plan I've ever heard," Nissa groaned.
>"No, I'm with Jace. This worked all the time back on Theros. We lose nothing by trying." Gideon chimed in quickly.
>>
>>47873155
I'm starting to wonder if lead creative still has a candle lit for that "bad girl" who hurt him in high school.
>>
>>47877974
>>47877804
We wanted Legendary Werewolf for EDH, not standard or modern.
>>
>>47878026
>The whole "outsider" thing that the first SoI story throws around with the hunters.
oh, I got that from them literally living outside the village. It seemed more like a choice than anything forced on them.

> as the revelation that those hunters are lesbos was made in some tumblr post or something rather than being an organic part of the narrative.
no, it was there in the narrative, if you bothered to read the pronouns. The point was that it wasn't a thing worthy of comment.

It struck me as a lot like Caprica, and BSG before it. You don't find out people are gay until later, and it's typically an offhand mention, because in that setting, it not a thing worthy of mention.

>Long story short I have a grievance with that story for making merely a token effort at inclusiveness in a genre where homosexuality, or rather sexuality in general, is historically an important facet of the drama within gothic horror.
I disagree. At least somewhat. While the fear of sexuality, and at times lesbian panic, were in some of the stories, it was typically the weakest parts of the stories.
The struggle of desire worked well, and existed in many forms, but the gay panic always struck me more of a sad leftover from the time it was written. Like the racism in Lovecraft, it tied into the fear of the unknown and the other, but when it came in the form of just plane racism, the story always suffered.

In this particular case, I don't think having homosexuality as a taboo would have added anything.
>>
>>47878138
>costs 1 less for each card type in GY
>in a format that can still cast 12cmc creatures
>>
>>47878159
okay, I'm the guy who didn't fully hate it, but
Does this guy actually strike you as an interesting legend? Do you feel he deserves to be a mythic and not just a rare?

Outside of the creature type, does he help a werewolf deck more than other r/g legends that already exist?
>>
>>47878203
Having a general synergize with niche werewolf cards helps a lot more than you would think.
>>
>>47874077
After decades of Daleks, Galaktus, Darkseid, Thanos, and whatever montly "unstoppable indestructible end of all things but not really" shit that's been thrown, caring about the eldrazi is very dfficult.

Phyrexians may have a similar shit going on but they're interesting because they've always been fallible and now more than ever they have inner conflicts and different visions of what one will all be.
>>
File: ixvjhk8.jpg (208 KB, 1200x877) Image search: [Google]
ixvjhk8.jpg
208 KB, 1200x877
>>47878249

Not to mention they owned the body horror niche before the Eldrazi tried to muscle in on it, and honestly I find Phyrexia's stuff a lot more unnerving than Emrakul's.
>>
>>47878203
I was holding out hope for the werewolf who is rumored not to change back to human form from original Innistrad, myself.
>>
>>47878249
I hate Phyrexians compared to Eldrazi. The art was awful and their personalities made them seem like bickering toddlers.

Eldrazi are towering monsters with no brains, but at least they are cool looking and don't seem comical half the time.
>>
>>47878311
They wanted to take their chance of making a transforming Legendary in the SOI block, since they cannot do double-faced cards in any other products.
>>
>>47878165
>oh, I got that from them literally living outside the village

Well yes there's that, but the language was very much "you aren't part of our parish, we're tolerating your presence here but you'll never fit in with us" the way I saw it.

>>47878308
Theirs is a different kind of horror.
More in line with Borg doctrine, "we can make you better, and what's more is we know you'll like it this way, even if you say you don't. They always come to enjoy it, always!"

It's rather ironic that Phyrexia was so entrenched in Black back in the day, when if anything they represent the most foul aspects of a White-aligned society.
>>
>>47878347

Creative seems to have realized it too, since the White Machine Orthodoxy is the dominant power on New Phyrexia while Black Phyrexia fell quickly.
>>
>>47878143
this is pretty damn good. 9/10
>>
>>47878249
The only difference with Phyrexia is that aside from yawgmoth there was never really an all powerful, indestructible being. It was just that the way they are formed and multiply makes it almost impossible to get rid of them. Kinda like orks.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.