[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memorial Thread for one of the good Boros Commanders out there.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: Gisela_Blade_of_Goldnight.jpg (58 KB, 600x439) Image search: [Google]
Gisela_Blade_of_Goldnight.jpg
58 KB, 600x439
Memorial Thread for one of the good Boros Commanders out there.

R.I.P. Gisela. May you deal double damage in the afterlife.

Brunabros can Mourn in here too.
>>
But it's like a threeway with tentacle~
>>
>>47872495
>She died so the superfriends can eanter the spotlight and save Innistrad
Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>47872605
Emmyfags get out. We're here to mourn.
>>
The worst part is she didn't even go down fighting. She got completely fucking punked off handedly and fused with Bruna.
>>
File: TWO WAIFUS ARE BETTER THAN ONE.jpg (452 KB, 750x638) Image search: [Google]
TWO WAIFUS ARE BETTER THAN ONE.jpg
452 KB, 750x638
>>47872495
YOU SAID YOU'D LOVE ME FOREVER
COME BACK BABY
JOIN ME
JOINMEJOINMEJOINME
>>
>>47872675
No, having more than one waifu will ruin your laifu
>>
>>47872675
No no no no no.

I can't do body horror. I can't do abominations pleading for love. I can't.
>>
>>47872675
A rabid dog is not a man's best friend.

I just wanted a pure battle waifu whom went down fighting
>>
This is too retarded for words.

Sorry if anyone in the thread was an angel fan. They're getting more slaughtered than Tarkir's dragons.
>>
>>47872864
Again, I think alot of us wouldn't have minded if she had been actually slaughtered in a fight. We're more mad that she just got punked off screen and fused with bruna without a whimper.
>>
File: 1460484184316.jpg (132 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1460484184316.jpg
132 KB, 1024x768
>Eldrazi Conscription on Bruna is actually canon
>>
My new waif is clearly Taito
>cute ears
>porcelain skin
>selflessly devoted to knowledge
>able to crack mysteries that transcend her planar experience and codes made by old walkers
>able to defy Memerakul, even protects Baby Jace's mind when he isn't strong enough to do it

She guards the realms of men. Too bad she is almost certainly going to meet as grisly a fate as the angels. Gotta add more pathos to the Jacetice League's endeavor. Can we get a petition to keep her alive pretending to be concerned about women being used as victims? #nomoremtgwomeninrefridgerators
>>
File: SOI.jpg (158 KB, 758x1037) Image search: [Google]
SOI.jpg
158 KB, 758x1037
I was greatly upset with what happened to Avacyn but I told myself at least if the Sisters survive I can be happy. I wish they'd died.

Wow it hurts to like angels in this game.
>>
>>47872672
Dude, even Jace fucking Beleren needed help to not get mindraped by Emrakul.
>>
File: saya.jpg (723 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
saya.jpg
723 KB, 1920x1080
>>47872744
It's OK, baby steps.

Start by meeting your new waifu. She has a beautiful world of soft and pleasant things to show you, far from the harshness that you think is reality.
>>
>>47872495
Waifufags please remove yourself from life
>>
>>47872495
I told you when avacyn died
You didn't belived
But if avacyn died, no waifu was safe. rest sweet princesess, we will never forget our powerpuff girls
>>
butthurt waifufags are the only good thing that has come of this new set thus far
>>
So I dont fucking get it. Emrakul pops up to Innistrad and INSTANTLY these two just melt together? What? How? Why? Just because Avacyn was bonkers at that one point?

I wish they made a fucking story that actually explains what happened before they just spontaniously melted.
>>
They're running out of mono-white waifus to kill, the two-color white waifus are next.
>>
>>47872969
The way they wrote the story makes it obvious that when the Jacetice league comes back, Tamiyo is either already corrupted or dead.
>>
>>47872899
They did it on purpose.
>>
>>47872996
>Wow it hurts to like angels in this game
To like anything "good" you mean. It's cheap drama to fuck over powerful agents of good, and Wizards keeps going back to that tired strategy.

If WotC was a DM I'd have left the table a decade ago.
>>
>>47873160
Nahiri builds the cryptoliths to draw Emrakul closer.
Avacyn gets affected by creepy Emrakul vibes and she passes those on to other angels, including Bruna and Gisela.
Avacyn gets crushed while Bruna and Gisela fall deeper into madness and mutation.
By the time Emrakul arrives, they've mutated so massively that they have fused together into an awful, Emrakul-looking thing and have lost any trace of their former self.
>>
>>47872495
Where's Sigarda?
>>
>>47873196
It's not when Angels are literally lower than dirt when compared to Emrakul, even more retarded are the ones who wanted a fight when even fucking Jace needs help to not get mindraped by Emrakul.
>>
File: disgonnabegud.jpg (33 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
disgonnabegud.jpg
33 KB, 251x251
>>47872675

MFW I have a Gisela & a Bruna EDH that I've gotten bored of
>>
>>47873212
based green angel will save us.

Unless she fused with a flock a herons.
>>
>>47873242
That would actually be hilarious, I sorta want to see it.
>>
>>47873236
>horrible things happening to angels for *reasons* isn't cheap drama
The reasons don't change the fact that it's free dramatic tension to show horrible mutations and mind control happening to the one-time stalwart guardians of order and good. And that they've done so to the same characters in two different ways during the same fucking block, without any evidence of a struggle.
>>
So did someone in WotC offices get forced to come to church as a child or something? I'm noticing a bit of spite towards angels, specifically, and White Mana in general.

At least ol' Gideon is in tact.
>>
>>47873160
I get the impression this melding together has been happening for some time. Last we saw them, they were finishing each others sentences and making creepy Join Us comments, and since then they've been completely out of the picture for some time.

They're beings of pure mana who've been clinging to each other through some vague idea of sisterhood that was the only remnant of their sanity they had left. I think they've probably been a mindless mutant blob of agonized limbs for days/weeks now, and Emrakul arriving and assuming direct control suddenly gave them purpose.
>>
>>47873187
Wait, for real? I can't bring myself to read it. Where and how?
>>
>>47873160

Is that the latest story? Or do you mean the sorta hivemind thing they both ended up with?
>>
>>47873324
Well, the creative team has a writer that seems devoted to including his mindrape/identity-death fetish in whatever he writes. That could be having an impact.
>>
>>47873392
When Jace goes to grab the team and asks Tamiyo if she'll still be here when he comes back, she makes an intentionally vague comment about how everybody will be right where they need to be.

She does seem committed to saving Innistrad, so her reluctance to just say "yeah dude let's meet back up" to her only ally is kind of concerning. Seems like she may be taking a dangerous route that she does not want Jace to follow, which hopefully does not include self-sacrifice.
>>
>>47872996
I think Avacyn got the better end of the deal.
>>
>>47873438
Her only hope is being so fucking based that she defies the literary trope of "Gon on without me" equalling "I'm going to die"

Also

>Tamiyo looked into Jace's face
>"You actually killed two of them, you absolute madman"
Can she just tell when a telepath who has like half of his mind fucked up is lying or not?
>>
>>47873543
;_;
RIP
>>
>>47873414
>WotC doesn't tell its resident "that guy" to fuck off
>instead they department-shuffle him around and he ends up in creative where EVERYONE has weird ideas
Suddenly it makes sense.
>>
>>47873546
She just chose to believe.
>>
Why wasn't sigarda effected
>>
>>47873546
She also cleansed Jace's mind of Emrakul's influence just by looking at him in a mothering way.

I think Tamiyo is actually an incredibly strong planeswalker. I hope her story doesn't end here.
>>
>>47873367
>Last we saw them, they were finishing each others sentences and making creepy Join Us comments
When was that? I haven't been keeping up as much with the lore
>>
>>47873613
Greeeeen is best.
>>
>>47873613
who says she wasnt
>>
>>47873170
Thalia lives yet
>>
>>47873628
When they went to confront Sigarda. Way back near the start of Shadows.
>>
File: new sigarda.jpg (57 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
new sigarda.jpg
57 KB, 312x445
>>47873613
>new Emrakul takes control of target opponent on their next turn
>Sigarda gives you hexproof
Sigarda confirmed for saving the day, bro.
>>
>>47872675

I really hope this ends up as a RUW legendary creature.
I want it to be a litteral combination of both Bruna and Gisela, mechanically speaking.
>>
>>47873597
Just look out for any articles written by Ken Troop in the future. He's a good writer but mind-rape really has become an obvious theme in anything he writes.
>>
>>47873660
>She loses hexproof to give you hexproof

Sigarda confirmed for saccing herself to save you
>>
File: 1466438417125.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1466438417125.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>47872636
>She died so the superfriends can eanter the spotlight and save Innistrad
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>47873613
It's made clear that she's always had a more independent mind compared to her two sisters, who have pretty much just fallen in line with Avacyn since she's appeared.

Bruna and Gisela probably felt themselves slipping, but weren't as worried when the saw Avacyn was starting to act the same way. Sigarda was immediately put off and thought something was fucked up about Avacyn when she started acting nutso, rather than just accepting it.

Sigarda is probably on the edge of madness by this point, though.
>>
Were cards spoiled or was a new story put out?

I've been out of the loop for a few weeks.
>>
File: kamikaze'mrakul.jpg (208 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
kamikaze'mrakul.jpg
208 KB, 750x450
>>47873660
Sigarda will fly into Emmy's eye and blow it up
>>
>>47873746
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/emrakul-rises-2016-06-20
>>
>>47873721
Sorin made avacyn, but how did the other angels happen
>>
>>47873681
Confirmed BRW
>>
>>47873766
They were created by the all mighty planeswalker known as Wotc.
>>
>>47873721
Sigarda has always had a mechanical theme centered around for lack of a better word "purity", in the sense of protecting against corrupting influences rather than the result of a purge. It's her shtick.
>>
File: angry moth noises.jpg (58 KB, 422x317) Image search: [Google]
angry moth noises.jpg
58 KB, 422x317
>>47873756
Well, that was really stupid and incredibly disappointing. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>47873756
>"Emrakul, whats the next step of your master plan?"
>"Crashing this plane...with no survivors!"
>>
>>47873781

>Spooky equals B

Man, even WOTC dosen't understand the colorwherl.
>>
>>47873834
Sigarda is green
green is life
Emrakul twists life
Sigarda protects life
Emrakul is the opposite of Sigarda

Sigarda VS Emrakul when?
>>
>>47873766
Nobody. They're like demons. Just extreme concentrations of mana that gain sentience.
>>
>>47873889
When the Gatewatch stops being printed.

If they wanted to do this story correctly, it would be Sigarda + The Order of Saint Traft vs. Emrakul, not the fucking superfriends.
>>
>>47873889
Sigarda will probably fight Double Waifu, not Emrakul directly.
>>
>>47873889
Never because the modern MtG branding focuses on placing planeswalkers on the center spot.

If you expect anything but Jacetice League vs Emrakul, you are retarded.
>>
File: Image.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>Emrakul twists life
explain this
>>
>>47873921
enrakul and kozilek had their powersets swapped between rise and bfz. actual retcon.
>>
>>47873913
Silly anon. If people were capable of dealing with their own shit we wouldn't have a reason to show off the badass Superfriends.

Silly anon.
>>
>>47873921
Retcon.

What, you expected a genuine explanation?
>>
>>47873944
I'm in agreement, I'm just salty about it. Especially since the worst planeswalkers are the ones composing the Gatewatch.
>>
File: chandra a qt.png (59 KB, 312x350) Image search: [Google]
chandra a qt.png
59 KB, 312x350
>>47874001
>implying Chandra isn't the best
>>
>>47874068
Chandra's literally the worst. She's Jaya Ballard's humorous obsession with fire, removing the humor and adding a psychotic 'muh freedom' aspect that doesn't really work because the people on her home plane that were going to execute her were 100% in the right.
>>
>>47872675
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BncJ1yX-BgQ
>>
>>47873940
>>47873954
When did this happen?
>>
I want Nissa to show saved Zendikar to Nahiri, for her to realize dooming a plane just because Sorin basically doomed hers isn't right, and for everyone to work together to seal Emrakul in Innistrad's moon like a gigantic Helvault. Emrakul's presence will still pollute Innistrad somewhat, and she will still be worshiped by cultists. Sorin and Nahiri remain bitter enemies, but their conflict is put to a halt as both decide to rebuild their planes.

What I expect to happen is Sorin to kill Nahiri in a poorly described anime battle, then the Gatewatch easily kills Emrakul with the power of friendship again, except also Liliana is there this time. Tamiyo dies because Jace is the blue one and branding doesn't want to confuse consumers. It is treated as a victory in which Innistrad has been saved despite nearly the entire plane dying and everybody just fucks off to Kaladesh for Contrived Plot Reason.
>>
>>47874150
i think the fatpack guide or something? there were descriptions of emrakul having grvity distorting powers in rise, but those were all attributed to kozilek in bfz/ogw
>>
>>47874163
>anime
Just wanted to throw it out there that adding the word "anime" as a descriptor to a fight doesn't make any sense because anime is more of a medium than a genre. "Shonen" would have been more descriptive and made more sense in this context.
>>
>>47874163
There are no hedrons on Inistrad though. Jaceleague can't do it this time.
>>
>>47874147
Everyone is yelling and bitching about Innistrad being ruined and I'm just like yeah I love this Bloodborne clone plane
>>
>>47874163
Screencap this mad prophet
>>
>>47874163
i agree with everything you said and it makes me sad.

except kaladesh, I inagine whatever the ending some kind of fallout drives chandra to go back home (maybe seeing sorin and nahiri protecting/rebuilding their homes? please wotc?) which is why kaladesh. There's no strong reason for her to drag the rest of the gatewatch after her, unless it's a second set thing like jace did in today's story.
>>
At least I can fap to the idea for Brungarda tentacle-fucking Sigarda.
>>
>>47874227
but there are all these weird cryptoliths that are clearly driving innistrad's leylines.
>>
>>47874267
Brunsela*
>>
>>47874227
Instead of Nissa channeling her love for Ashaya through the hedrons, Sorin will channel his love for Avacyn through the cryptoliths. And instead of Chandra killing the most powerful beings in the entire multiverse with some fire, this time Liliana will kill the most powerful being in the entire multiverse with some black necro-fire.
>>
>>47874278
Moving innistrad's mana. There's been no reference to leylines on innistrad
>>
>>47874163
make them lose and have to retreat from Innistrad and then they have to go back in a few sets after Emrakul starts leaking all over other planes. And when they go back it's just a clusterfuck tentacle hellscape
>>
>>47874219
Kill yourself.
>>
>>47874338
do you know what leylines are?
>>
>sorin and nahiri set aside their differences
>nahiri is taken to zendikar and shown that its fucked up its still there
>sorin cant into metal magic but he can use silver
>he drags the moon down
>nahiri makes a giant helvault out of the moon
>sorin puts Emeril Lagasse in there
And thats when the Fire nation attacked.
>>
>>47874219

It does work as a term.
All anime even outside of shounen have the same kind of fighting, unsurprising considering hiw incestuous anime really is.
>>
File: 1452357488468.jpg (67 KB, 416x508) Image search: [Google]
1452357488468.jpg
67 KB, 416x508
>>47874358
You first.
>>
Fuck you Wizards.

Why do you hate White so much?

Can you kill other Waifu too?

No you had to fuck White Waifu and make that cold bitch of a Jew that is Liliana the new Heroine of EM.

Fuck you Wizards.
>>
>>47874348
I think we can go ahead and settle on Innistrad definitely coming out the other side of this still being the Spooky Plane. It is one of if not the most popular plane in the game. WotC isn't going to make it unrecognizable.

That said, I really do hope they seal Emrakul away instead of killing her. Her lovecraftian essence still being present on the plane would fit snugly into Innistrad's existing flavor, while providing a permanent consequence to this block.

But fuck, the way they dispatched Kozilek and Ulamog made me lose all hope in the creative department. Emrakul's plot line being closed off seems much more convenient and would once again show the power of the Gatewatch coming together, so I can't imagine the writers not going with it.
>>
>>47874487
the one reason they said the gatewatch brfo the eldrazi was because they didn't want to form a team just to have them lose their first match, if liliana hooks up with the gatewatch even more reason for emrakul not to survive this fight
>>
File: thalia.jpg (785 KB, 1024x1323) Image search: [Google]
thalia.jpg
785 KB, 1024x1323
>>47874482
no anon

there is another
>>
>>47874535

The Gatewatch will be utterly PWNED on Innistrad, Liliana will defeat Shittykul just by herself by become Innistrad new Goddess. And then she will laugh at Jace like the poor beafag he is.
>>
>>47874566

Implying that she is not Liliana new Zombie Realdoll.
>>
File: 1452512825810.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1452512825810.gif
2 MB, 500x282
>>47874602
>play b/w
>have massive boner for mono white humans atm
>this is the best thing I've read in a week
>>
>>47873242
>Sigarda gives you hexproof
>Newmakrul lets you take control of target opponents next turn
>yfw Sigarda protects you from Eldrazi corruption
>>
>>47874602
if that's even remotely accurate, we need to remove MaRo
>>
>>47874312
>Sorin will channel his love for Avacyn
I don't understand where people get this notion from, I don't know why WoTC wanted Sorin to suddenly care about his realdoll with wings
>>
>waifuing anyone but Emrakul
you fucked up, bad
>>
>>47874921
my waifu is Odric.

As a mono white character, I'm quite worried they'll ruin him for cheap drama.
>>
>>47874535
Yep, this is what I'm afraid of. Someone in marketing will think it'll make Liliana a less popular character if the team didn't destroy the evil eldrazi after her introduction, especially after they just fairly easily killed TWO of them without her.

I feel like Era Jul and Nahiri are just mandated to die because it's the most convenient and safe resolution for the plot moving forward.
>>
>>47874984
I like how my phone auto corrected Emrakul, but Nahiri is fine apparently.
>>
>>47874921
I posit the following:
>Emrakul communicated with Jace in this story
>if Emrakul can communicate, it can form relationships
>if Emrakul can form relationships, she can be my gf

Back off fuckers, I saw her first.
>>
>>47875070
>>Emrakul communicated with Jace in this story
>>if Emrakul can communicate, it can form relationships
>Jace now has a cute Emrakulified Jace grill in his head.
>She weirds out every other Jacegirl already in there.
>>
You know what would be great?

We know that, after Kaladesh, we are going back to Ravnica AGAIN for War of the Guilds.

What if the Guildwar is happening not because Jace, as the living guildpact, left the plane?

What if the reason is that Jace, the Living guildpact, dies on Innistrad?

Tamiyo takes over as monoblue walker in his place.
>>
>>47875167
>Jacegirl
???
>>
>>47873236
So did I miss an explanation as to how Tamiyo is able to go about her business on Innistrad without fear of Emrakul mindrape, or has that just gone unexplained?
>>
>>47875220
Jace is WotC's Mikey Mouse, anon. He's gotta stick around to star in all the movies that MaRo is convinced are right around the corner.
>>
>>47873660
old sigarda saved you from annihilator too. Sigarda confirmed for Anti eldrazi hero
>>
>>47875220
>Jace dying or being sidelined in any way
Absolutely zero chance of happening.

Although it would cool.
>>
>>47875220
yeah, then we kill Gideon and then make Thalia the new white walker and then the main character group can all be female and sjws win
>>
>>47875267
There have been some not so subtle hints that Tamiyo is an immensely powerful Blue wizard.
>>
>>47875293
Wasn't a movie confirmed years ago? What happened?
>>
>>47875304
Thank you Sigarda
>>
>>47875267

So far unexplained, but its probably because she used to be an Oldwalker.

Oldwalkers, even post mending, have frequently been shown to still be on a higher level than neowalker shits.

Bobby Nix kicked the ass of the Gatewatch by himself, only being forced to retreat when 4 neowalkers started concentrating their attacks on him and giving him no chance to recover or perform offense. He still survived that fight, he just was forced to planeswalk away.

Nahiri, for someone who just summoned Emrakul, seems pretty damn sane. No more unhinged than she had to have been to come up with this plan in the first place.

I doubt Sorin will be much affected by Emrakul either.
>>
>>47874229
Me too bud, Im just fucking loving whats going on in this set.

I'm hype for the destruction of innistrad.
>>
>>47875313

> Not wanting the multiverse to be protected by a team of color-coordinated magical girls

Is there something medically wrong with you?
>>
>>47875334
Multiple producers decided the idea just wouldn't work because Magic didn't have a recognizable brand character. Eventually the creative team backed off the idea and went back to the drawing board for Magic's story, to "do it the right way".

Hence, the Gatewatch.
>>
>>47875366
Don't forget Nahiri killing Sorin's family all by herself. Bitch doesn't mess around.
>>
>>47875406
Thank god

I think?
>>
>>47875399
>wanting the jacetice league in any way, shape, or form
>>
>>47873713
Did you read the last lines? They're going to defeat the evil with the power of friendship. Do you really expect any creativity out of these idiots anymore?
>>
>>47875448
Depends on if you like the Gatewatch or not.
>>
>>47875406
They could have done a movie about the weatherlight. I mean, if they'd kept dominaria relevant. Because then you could push it as a "this is why everything got fucked up" story.
>>
>>47875477
Dunno, they defeated the other two by burning them to death.
>>
File: bloodborne.jpg (76 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.jpg
76 KB, 600x600
This is our new g/b planeswalker

He hunts things and doesn't afraid of anything and that's his plot
>>
>>47874219
Fag
>>
>>47875329
I could buy that if WotC's favourite planeswalker hadn't lost his shit.

>>47875366
That's a halfway plausible explanation. I'll take it.
>>
>>47875624
a planeswalker that doesn't show his face would be too cool for Wizards.

anyways, we all know, that now that Emrakul is loose.. Tonight.. Geherman joins the hunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RM7MPrEdjw
>>
>>47874348
Yeah, go ahead and destroy one of the most popular planes ever made, I'm sure that will go over well.
>>
in a previous Uncharted Realms, Thalia fused with Giest of Saint Traft.

I imagine she'll be leading the charge in some weird Super Saiyan Ghost-Angel Soldier.

also the White Black Power-puff girl mentioned by Sigarda will somehow come back.
>>
>>47875624
>G/B
>not B/W
>>
>>47875727
Link? Also Thalia wearing an angel ghost like an Synthesist sounds... well, kind of awesome.
>>
>>47875665
>shows up and random times throughout random planes unannounced and murders a random giant monster of importance
>leaves
>"Who the fuck is that guy"
>eventually gets a new PW card where he's a slug
>>
>>47875738
hunting in magic means you're green silly
>>
File: thalia-guardian-of-thraben.png (314 KB, 640x275) Image search: [Google]
thalia-guardian-of-thraben.png
314 KB, 640x275
>>47875727
>as she completes the Ghost Fusion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmU9e67EfmI

its always darkest before dawn, Thalia find the power deep inside to do the impossible.
>>
>>47875781
But you could argue that hunters use black methods like drinking blood or even using alien magics to achieve white ends
>>
>>47875727
When was the white black angel mentioned?
>>
File: thalia_by_merkymerx-d920yjw.jpg (146 KB, 800x1046) Image search: [Google]
thalia_by_merkymerx-d920yjw.jpg
146 KB, 800x1046
>>47875746
in the Odric and Thalia Uncharted realms.

Thalia's hair literally turns bright Gold as the fusion takes place.

>you believe in me, right, /tg/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrogZTkvRxs
>>
File: doll discovers trick weapons.jpg (45 KB, 500x638) Image search: [Google]
doll discovers trick weapons.jpg
45 KB, 500x638
>>47875755
>eventually gets a new PW card where he's a slug
>not a one where he's a slug in a baby carriage being pushed around by a weird girl
>>
>>47875818
the hunter PW isn't a fucking arcane faggot

Our ruthless ass hunter PW is G/B because those are the colors you use when hunting whilst being ruthless
>>
>>47875837
Sigarda and Avacyn Uncharted realms, it states that Avacyn "got rid of" the Black/White Sister.
>>
>>47875727
>>47875799
>>47875851
>Emrakul, face the wrath of my Stand: [SAINT TRAFT]
>>
>>47875851
wrong theme

>everyone getting their ass kicked by Emrakul
>Thalia shows up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FLt2yAR8Fw
>>
>>47875837
>>47875870

They said that she made a deal with a demon and had to be put down to safeguard humanity.
>>
>>47875918
`we need Thalia with Traft AND the angel he summons ORAORA'ing.
>>
either Nahiri has a change of heart or tamio does moon magic but the cryptoliths are reversed and such power from emrakul goes to sorin who uses it to create avacyn 2.0 white waifu harder.
>>
>>47876057
doubtful, Nahiri didn't like the concept of Avacyn even before she got mad.
>>
So Emrakul is on the plane.

I'm guessing it's Humans/Sane Angels/Sane Spirits vs Vampires vs Werewolves vs Necromancers/Zombies vs Mad Scientists/more Zombies vs Demon Cultists/Demons vs Insane Angels vs Insane Cultists vs Emrakul's Brood/Emrakul

Can we just admit humanity is going to finally get purged from this shithole and move on?
>>
>>47876057
>implying he won't just upgrade Sigarda/Thalia after selflessly dying protecting the plane
>>
>>47875015
>Phone autocorrects Emrakul
Fine, that's a made up word.
>Renders it as "Era Jul"
what.
>>
>>47875366
>Avacyn survived the Mending just fine
>Things oldwalkers did with their phenomenal cosmic powers clearly weren't affected by the Mending
>Every oldwalker still has their layers of permanent buff spells active
>>
>implying Thalia won't become corrupted by evil because absolutely no one good/of importance outside of planeswalkers can stay alive without becoming EVIL/CORRUPTED/EDGY
>implying we won't get Thaliawgmoth because after I'MRAKUL anything resembling sense went out the fucking door
>>
File: ashioknightmareweaver.jpg (36 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
ashioknightmareweaver.jpg
36 KB, 265x370
>>47875665
>>
>>47876101
>simplying sigarda isn't going to get absorbed into Brunagisela
>>
>>47872675
Reminds me of those twins from Claymore that fused into one stupid powerful awakened one.
>>
>>47876222
>Implying her name isn't Brusela
>>
File: 1464311837121.png (322 KB, 387x387) Image search: [Google]
1464311837121.png
322 KB, 387x387
>>47875918
I like it.
>>
>>47876195
>implying thalia won't be come a planeswalker
>>
"you only lost for one reason, Emrakul"

"You pissed me off" Thalia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKrjV_4U0s
>>
>>47873546

They are still mind linked, or tamiyo left herself a quick way in when they broke the link
>>
>>47876487
>Odric "HOLYYY A SHIIIEEETTT"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI9Sa8LpZ3g

"Previously, on Cathar's Bizarre Adventures"
>>
File: 1464055033_i300616_cr.jpg (41 KB, 313x450) Image search: [Google]
1464055033_i300616_cr.jpg
41 KB, 313x450
>Think of Tamiyo as a sweet young girl.

>in reality she's actually a Milfy Oba-San, ready to Ara-Ara Jace's little boy cock.
>>
>>47875989

>tfw Lili is the new BW sister
>>
>>47876604
>implying
tamiyo's an autist who'd rather fucking weigh moon rocks than fuck
>>
>>47873546
Jace's mental defence was already fucked up by being on the same plane as Emrakul. Any telepath could just wander in and out.

Tamiyo is doing better because she has several hundred years experience (at least), rather than an over confident twenty year old who's missing half his memories.
>>
>>47876057
>Nahiri having a change of heart

Maybe when the gatewatch tell her that they saved her plane with ugin.

Won't stop Sorin from decapitating her tho.
>>
>>47875220
got a source on that war of the guilds?
>>
>>47876698
>Won't stop Sorin from decapitating her tho.
Oh please. That's not how Sorin does revenge. And Sorin noped the fuck out of Innistrad the very moment Emmy appeared.

Ten bucks say he planeswalked to Zendikar, which he will fuck up so hard we'll have a reprint of Obliterate. When Nahiri learns that she fucked up big time by abandonning her plane, she'll come back home. Except there won't be any home anymore, just her smashed hopes and Sorin. THEN he will decapitate her.
>>
>>47876929
Sorin can't do mass removal or destruction of non-creatures.

he's a fighter, a drainer, Nahiri is the one who can make the world shake.
>>
File: obliterate.jpg (57 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
obliterate.jpg
57 KB, 312x445
>>47876969
It's not like exceptions haven't been made for this kind of thing before. Mass removal is usually in white or black so he wouldn't even need to break his pie to do it.
>>
>>47877124
its just outside of the shit he can do, he isn't some wizard who learned how.

he specifically uses Life and Death magics, and has never done anything on a big scale.
>>
>>47875665
>who is Vronos
>>
>>47877392

I'm actually so sad they offed Vronos before he got a card

whomp whomp
>>
>>47875477
>The power of friendship allows the gatewatch to be tentacled as a distraction while Liliana throws a billion exploding zombies at Emrakul
>>
>>47877464
Avacyn was pretty sad about it too.
>>
>>47877507
Avacyn is a slut.
>>
>>47877553
Fuck you.
>>
>>47877556
He's right, you know.
>>
>>47877556
She probably fucked everyone to "please" humans. What a fucking whore.
>>
>>47875220
>Guild Wars was based on Magic
>Magic prints Guild War set
It's like pottery.
>>
>>47873713
Nissa looks mildly annoyed.
>>
>>47877748
Gideon is overjoyed to fight eldrazi again.
>>
>>47873324
Give that nigga a bit, he's going to wind killed by Nixilus after being forced to abandon a plane to die or something.

Every White using protagonist is going to get fucked in neo MtG. Thalia ain't safe either.
>>
>>47877637
>Guild Wars was based on Magic
Really? Care to explain?
>>
>>47875220
>We know that, after Kaladesh, we are going back to Ravnica AGAIN for War of the Guilds.

This is what Magic is now, isn't it? Endless retreading of the same fucking planes and every time we do see a new plane, it's completely shat up with the same fuckign characters yet again.

Are you ready for Mending on Infinite worlds in a few years and after that, Infinite Mending? After that New 22, where only 22 planes survive the crash of the multiverse? And then we get Magic: Rebirth.
Throw in Planeswalker War I and II in there and mix it up with Plane War Garruk and we are golden.
>>
>>47877987
Ravnica 3 would break magic if it happened after Kaladesh, it would literally break any confidence the players had that Wizards knows what the fuck to do.
>>
File: Ghoulcaller-Gisa-MtG-Art.jpg (99 KB, 1200x878) Image search: [Google]
Ghoulcaller-Gisa-MtG-Art.jpg
99 KB, 1200x878
Since she was recruited by Nahiri, should we prepare for the worst?
>>
>>47878094
I mean, was she ever really sane to begin with?
>>
>>47878094
Your waifu is gargling tentacles now because she listened to the kor whore. Get in line with everyone else mourning something they liked about this plane getting raped to death.
>>
>>47876100
The cultists are emrakuls brood.
>>
File: kozilek.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
kozilek.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
>>47874180
>i think the fatpack guide or something? there were descriptions of emrakul having grvity distorting powers in rise, but those were all attributed to kozilek in bfz/ogw
Whats the point of retconning it in the first place, it's not like every bbeg needs to be corruptive assholes
>>
>Sorin will sacrifice himself to restore Innistrad
>Lili will be the new B Walker of the Jacetice League
>Jace will sacrifice himself to defeat Emrakul
>Tami to will be the new U Walker of the Jacetice League
>Giddy will get offed next block
Finally, WotC is brave enough for an all female cast.
>>
>>47878122

I'm honestly hoping that her insanity saves her from Emrakul in the sense that she never actually drank the koolaid.

>Gisa: wtf is this shit? I can't raise this crap
>Others: Be one of us'rakul
>G: What the fuck did you just say? That wasn't even a word.
>O: I'mrakul thinks you should be happy
>G: Leave my corpses alone! I can't believe in thought you were my friends! C'mon dad. We're going to save mom from that idiot brother of mine and *walks off ranting*
>O: Um... What'rakul?
>>
File: 1459820004443.jpg (33 KB, 236x421) Image search: [Google]
1459820004443.jpg
33 KB, 236x421
>>47878264
>thinking Jace "I'm the face of this planeswalker showcase" Belern will die
>>
>>47877150
Barrin was a blue mage, yet did obliterate as linked.
>>
>>47877985
It was explained in an interview a while back.

In GW1, they took the concept of deck-building and applied it to the way skills work. So instead of gaining 50 skills from your class, of which your build uses maybe 10 on a specific rotation (like WoW), you can learn all skills in the game, but only equip 8 at a time.

Since you can have two classes at once, but only ever change skills while in town (outside of combat), making a character build is like making a deck - for example, people who only focused on one main class anyway would take the Monk class as secondary in order to "splash" a reusable ressurection skill. In PvP, there would be a meta of a specific team composition, and people would use specific skills in their builds in order to deal with the meta.

There are also five gods (at least to begin with), which correspond to the five colors of magic (Dwayna, Lyssa, Grenth, Balthazar and Melandru = White, Blue, Black, Red and Green). Heck, even the core spellcasting classes were oriented towards Magic's colors (Monk, Mesmer, Necromancer, Elementalist and Ranger).
>>
>>47877748
She's had better tentacle sex than this.
>>
>>47878264
If it gets rid of Jace, I am ready and willing.
>>
File: 1463869655518.jpg (172 KB, 995x891) Image search: [Google]
1463869655518.jpg
172 KB, 995x891
>>47878264
>yfw they do this and immediately proceed to ramp up the romance storylines
You know, because female players like romance. It'll work perfectly. C'mon Wizards. Do it.
>>
File: Untitled-126.jpg (214 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-126.jpg
214 KB, 630x420
>>47878264
>mahou shoujo gatewatch
>>
>>47877150
>and has never done anything on a big scale
He apparently armored an entire plane, and Avacyn wasn't all of it since Nahiri described her death as the last defense being destroyed.
>>
>>47877987
Well, I guess they did say they were taking inspiration from Marvel.
>>
File: L-05.jpg (398 KB, 1748x1181) Image search: [Google]
L-05.jpg
398 KB, 1748x1181
>>47878756
>G-WATCH
>>
>>47877987
lorwyn-tier set never

stop emailing me about kamigawa nerds
masques-tier set never ever ever
>>
>>47872864
We're used to it, angels are the second creature type most often exposed to violence in card art, after goblins.
>>
>>47878338
Not that anon, but a guy can dream, right? Jace is a shit character and it would be incredibly satisfying to see him die off.
>>
>>47873170
Nahiri must die in the most goreporn way possible.
>>
>>47876195
The art for Emrakul shows a large mass of people who are uncorrupted fighting the corrupted.
>>
>>47876623
>he doesn't like to play with moon rocks
lol what a faggot
>>
>>47875304
>>47873660
Thank you Sigarda.
>>
>>47873438
>she makes an intentionally vague comment about how everybody will be right where they need to be.
>Seems like she may be taking a dangerous route that she does not want Jace to follow
She's gone to get Bolas who'll eat Emrakul and finally reclaim his pre-mending level, flip the finger to everyone in the plane while he boasts about how everyone was manipulated with minimum effort, then walks to Kamigawa to snack on Umezawas.

Tamiyo helped him out because the youngest Umezawa kid always stole her lunch on the way to the academy.
>>
>>47879460
I'm sure Humans get fucked up more than Angels.
>>
>>47874001
>Could have been Elspeth, Tamiyo, Sorin, Koth and Garruk
>Instead is Gideon, Jace, Nissa, Chandra and most likely Liliana.

Ugh
>>
>>47874163
Nahiri must die, her surviving and anyone supposedly good allying with her in the future would be condoning genocide.
She is evil and needs to be punished,
>>
>>47879810
just jace my shit up

the top team is too good to ever be allowed
>>
>>47876240

Oh god, it does
>>
>>47879810
I don't get why anyone would prefer Koth to Chandra, other than his card being better.
>>
>>47877987
>This is what Magic is now, isn't it? Endless retreading of the same fucking planes and every time we do see a new plane, it's completely shat up with the same fuckign characters yet again.

Somebody is too new to remember the weatherlight saga. Dominaria was revisited every other set and Rath was revisited after just one block. Even after the weatherlight saga, the game didn't start tripping planes until Karn decided to leave Dominaria after the events of Scourge.
>>
>>47879917
Well, let's see.
>one of them was a complete moron that helped let all the Eldrazi out on Zendikar
>the other is called "The Hammer"

I WONDER
>>
>>47879917
geomancy is more interesting than pyromancy

I'll take koth over a shitty jaya ballard
>>
>>47879972
Man, they really fucked up with the writing in those. They had to recon like every characterization of those planeswalkers in that block.

>>47879980
I'll admit, Geomancy is cooler, but generic angry black warrior isn't as fun to me as even a off brand Jaya.

I'll admit, when Chandra is just being Jaya, that is Chandra at her best.
>>
>>47880084
>generic angry black warrior
Generic snarky white girl isn't exactly any better. Arguably worse, since it's fucking everywhere these days.
>>
>>47880167
I guess it might be boners affecting judgement.

I hated Chandra originally, but everything since Origins has made her seem appealing rather than annoying.
>>
>>47874229
This is not Bloodborne at all, Koz is a Lovecraftian entity and none of the ending are good ending. Emrakul is just a Galactus rip-off that turns people into tentacle Daleks.

EMN would have to be Sorin/Liliana against a horde of maddened creatures and a selection of legendary thraben saints and large eldrazi to finally fight Avacyn where the Hellvault once stood, destroying her to force Emrakul fully into the plane for the last battle which we don't get to see the conclusion of.

That woud have been a good shout-out to Bloodborne and epic Cosmic Horro in general. Instead we got chalky cunt and the jacetice league.
>>
File: lololoshrug.jpg (236 KB, 2016x820) Image search: [Google]
lololoshrug.jpg
236 KB, 2016x820
>>47880219
>>
>>47872675
this is seriously fucking great art
>>
File: sigarda lewd.png (741 KB, 905x2555) Image search: [Google]
sigarda lewd.png
741 KB, 905x2555
>>47879570
Truly our last hope
>>
>>47878847
>Kamigawa's not popular at all guys, it polled poorly
>When a poll is taken is literally the second most requested return to plane after Dominaria.

Just give the people what they want already guys. Animu and weeaboo crap is way more popular now than it was it 2003.
>>
>>47880360
>fff

Dropped
>>
A thought came to mind when the obvious became obvious. What if Avacyn's rampant killings weren't entirely because she was bat shit insane? What if she was subconsciously still following her order to protect humans and found that only death could save them from what was coming?
>>
>>47880298
You know, it occurs to me that all of the Oaths (even Chandra's halfhearted "sure, whatever, I guess") refer to the ethos of the planeswalker's color...

Except Jace's, which is a sweeping, super-generic "save the world" bit.

Fucking main character syndrome.
>>
>>47880219
>Emrakul killed by Chandra supercharging Lily's zombies to explode
>>
>>47881305
Multiverse is blue, I guess. They are about that which lies beyond.
>>
>>47881305
At least Jace has some interesting qualities, he's somewhat shady, creates illusions and shit, Lili is all fucked up in her past present and future, chandra is retarded, nissa is a fucking hippie
imo the super generic dude is gideon, who doesnt even have a personality
Chandra is the rebel tennager, jace is the emo teenager, and gideon is...? right, that dude from theros that uses white mana... and... serves the good and um... oh well

just because jace is overused and is a whiny faggot, doesnt mean he is THAT bad

Ajani should kill Gideon and wear his hair as a wig showing ultimate leonin supremacy
>>
>>47875624
The hunter does too many goody two shoes things in a 100% run to not be WBG.
>>
>>47882051
I always remember Gideon as that guy who punched Ulamog.
>>
File: Blood drunk Avacyn.png (2 MB, 705x993) Image search: [Google]
Blood drunk Avacyn.png
2 MB, 705x993
>>47872495
Can I cry for my pure white waifu, too?
>>
File: Anguished unmaking.png (1 MB, 750x793) Image search: [Google]
Anguished unmaking.png
1 MB, 750x793
>>47873543
It's true.
>>
>>47882135
by the time gideon showed up back in the day he was alright, but now cmon...
same with nissa desu
they are SJW at its best, or worse
>>
>>47882051
Gideon's the friendly jock.
>>
>Have no idea why Nahiri's working for the Eldrazi
>Check out the mtgsalvation wiki
>Apparently Sorin imprisoned her in the Helvault and then forgot about her when the Eldrazi were woken up by Nissa and friends
>Now she's pissed because Sorin didn't call her and no one told her Ugin died (or not? Thanks Sarkhan)
Should I trust the wiki? This seems pretty stupid even by modern WotC's standards.
>>
File: Withengar-Unbound.jpg (136 KB, 900x658) Image search: [Google]
Withengar-Unbound.jpg
136 KB, 900x658
Do you think the Demons are gonna be the goods guys somehow?

Like, Innistrad has a literal Hell and kaiju sized demons can come out of it. Do you think they're gonna square off with the Eldrazi for who gets to corrupt the plane?

Will the W/B Angel appear?
>>
>>47881156
because that's too intelligent for wotc
>>
>>47882215
More or less. She was pissed because he didn't respond to her call (Ugin was either dead or in stasis, so it doesn't matter which timeline), he refused to admit wrong or help for no adequately explained reason other than that she was being a bitch (she was), they got in a fight, he started losing and locked her up because he'd be damned if he was going to end the fight by admitting she had a point, then he didn't or couldn't get her out the next time shit went down and failed to fix it on his own, and now she blames him for that.
>>
>>47882181
>not living long enough to join to take on the glorious form of the eldrazi
>better
>>
File: crying cat.jpg (11 KB, 261x192) Image search: [Google]
crying cat.jpg
11 KB, 261x192
>tfw started magic just when blocks went from 3 sets to 2
>Liked the cosmic horror aspect of the eldrazi
>they just die when burned

>We will only have build-up + ending, no suspense
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.