[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paranoia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 30
File: Friend comp.gif (13 KB, 267x238) Image search: [Google]
Friend comp.gif
13 KB, 267x238
Anyone play Paranoia recently?
Did the 25 anniversary PDFs come out?
>>
File: Crash Priority.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Crash Priority.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
File: Paranoia WMD.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Paranoia WMD.pdf
1 B, 486x500
This features the best Paranoia session, Hunger
>>
File: War On Insert Noun Here.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
War On Insert Noun Here.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>47865400
Played High Programmers a week ago. Players managed to standardise a plant-based genetic template (making the entire population unregistered mutants), missed a bomb at the UltraSuperMegaBowl causing the deaths of tens of thousands, and made a completely new power plant melt down.

Most of them were terminated for poor performance/unregistered mutations/inefficiency
>>
>>47865876
>TFW you'll never have a group good enough to run Hunger with
>>
File: The Traitors Manual.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
The Traitors Manual.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>47865843
Not the guy uploading, but can highly recommend this one. Stealth Train is a great way to introduce people to Paranoia, and Random Access Mission is great for experienced players.

>>47865909
This should be run over a Straight campaign, letting the players get promoted and rich quickly and giving them all the rope they need to hang themselves. It contains three missions that should be interspersed over a longer period of time, as they settle into the daily rhythm of DCOD.

Having your players declare war on poor dental hygiene, then go on several missions armed with high-tensile flossing equipment and industrial toothbrushes is amazing.
>>
>>47865965
Favourite mission.
>>
>>47865965
>Hunger
It's so good though, it's "Horror" in a method no other session I have actually seen otherwise pulled off.
That the players have doomed the world, as a result of their own personal greed.
>>
File: Extreme Paranoia.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Extreme Paranoia.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
File: Mandatory Mission Pack.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Mandatory Mission Pack.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
File: Paranoia XP - Social Clubs.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Paranoia XP - Social Clubs.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>47866351
Every GM should read this book in particular, it gives an excellent insight into the echelons of power and how the complex actually functions.
>>
File: Sector Zero.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Sector Zero.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>47865929
I read the High Programmers book.
I really don't know how it plays out.
Is it something you run when your players continue to advance, without dying, so you run a session of it to break it up and let them see what it's like from that angle?
>>
Standard request block, can post anything not on this list. Including 3E.

1E
GM Screen

2E
Excessory Pack

5E
BUG Sector (manuscript leak)

XP
Citizen's Guide to Surviving Alpha Complex

25th Anniversary
Flashbacks Redux Redux
Flashbacks Redux Redux - Materials Treacherously Deleted
>>
>>47866565
Should note, those edition titles are just for separating blocks, I have all the core rules.
>>
File: Stuff.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Stuff.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>47866536
Oh hell no, it's a game of its own which I run almost exclusively now. Minimal set-up (mainly because it's impossible to railroad, at all. Hope you like improv), plenty of player agency, and plenty of rope for them to hang themselves with/foist blame onto others. Every session is pure fun, and I've yet to have a bad session of it (can't say this about many other systems).

I do cull a few of the rules from the book though. I don't let players spend access modifying rolls (it speeds the game up), and let players invest in whichever service groups they want. I don't let my players see the results of my rolls either, which also speeds up gameplay. When you run it (and you should), get an old cordless phone, and a soundboard. Let the players actually call up their minions to tell them what to do, works wonders for immersion (and lets them fight over a prop).

If you're wanting to run it, I built a character/scenario generator for it (it's ugly and still a WIP, but it's functional): http://hp.trm.io/hphelper/
I'm slowly adding more crises to it, but with a few presses of a button you have enough printed materials to run a game with.

In the next month or two I'm working on a webapp for playing it over the net with voice/text, so hopefully that works out nicely. You *can* play it over the web as it is, it's just a little clunky with all the things open that you need (Spreadsheet for tracking ACCESS, character sheet, session sheet, minion list, notepad for keeping notes etc), the app should simplify this.
>>
>>47866744
Oh, I failed to mention, critiques/feature ideas are welcome on the generator, and I hope you find it useful.

>>47866695
Oooo I didn't have this one, cheers.
>>
File: 80108 Orcbusters.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
80108 Orcbusters.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
File: 12021 Gamma-Lot.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
12021 Gamma-Lot.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47866851
Featuring the Return of Randy the Wonder MEGA!!!
https://mega.nz/#F!AoZ3XZYC!cL0uEPTLpirJ11OiWQ7S4A
>>
File: 12018 Twilightcycle 2000.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
12018 Twilightcycle 2000.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47866868
>>
File: 12006 Paranoia Form Pack.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
12006 Paranoia Form Pack.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47867009
>>
This thread is a stroke of luck. I was planning on running Paranoia for the first time ever this weekend.

What version or scenarios should I look at? What are the must-read books? I know it doesn't really matter, I can just pick one but I'd like to hear suggestions and comparisons.
>>
can some one post the core books, I need to set up a game soon
>>
File: Stuff 2 - Gray Subnets.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Stuff 2 - Gray Subnets.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47869334
Core book is 10 megs, file size limit is 8
I got it on puush, but that's blocked by 4chan.
What doesn't 4chan block?
>>
>>47869027
Keep this book around on PDF
>>47866398
It's super useful for when the PCs go completely off rails, so they have interesting characters and areas to explore.
As a first session, people often recommend Stealth Train as a first session.
>>47865843
>>
>>47866565
Do you have any of the 25th Anniversary things?
I can't find those anywhere
>>
File: Alpha Complex Nights 2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Alpha Complex Nights 2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
File: Criminal Histories.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Criminal Histories.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
File: The Mutant Experience.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
The Mutant Experience.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
File: The Thin Green Line.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
The Thin Green Line.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
File: The Underplex.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
The Underplex.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>
File: paracharsheet.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
paracharsheet.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
File: Paranoia XP Characters.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Paranoia XP Characters.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>
>>
>>47870227
I never saw this one. Looks pretty neat.
>>
File: paranoiamrbubbles.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
paranoiamrbubbles.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
File: Big Book of Bots.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Big Book of Bots.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>47870203
>>47870212
>>47870227
Do you have any of the 25th anniversary stuff?
I didn't follow the kickstarter, so I don't know if any of it is out yet
>>
>>47870514
You meaning the Paranoia: Troubleshooters from a few years ago or the new in development version (that looks to be mediocre)?
>>
>>47870633
Oh, I was checking the wiki.
I assumed they had already shipped out the PDFs for the new version.
It looks meh, but a card based system for the combat isn't intrinsically a bad thing for Classic or Zap combat
>>
File: dilbert.gif (69 KB, 1200x374) Image search: [Google]
dilbert.gif
69 KB, 1200x374
Why is there no Dilbert based Paranoia module?
>>
>>47870816
Eh, the system looks like it's aimed at zap, but doesn't seem to allow for anything more than a one-shot. All the descriptions I've seen is "alpha complex is falling apart and the PCs are doing their best to escape". If the system is based around this... I think I'll pass and stick with an actually useful setting.

I may also hate it because it seems infected by SJW shit. Heterosexual sex is forbidden not because it encourages treasonous activity, but because it mocks the cloning process. Homosexual sex is completely allowed. People of all genders and genders and nonbinaries are allowed, but don't you dare be heterosexual.

This shit will probably infect the entire setting, and instead of it being about "complete loyalty to FC while being terribly treasonous", it'll be a steaming pile of silly virtue signalling.

Yes I'm protective of my wonderful setting. Fuck you.
>>
>>47871041
See, I am more interested in just stealing the missions from it.
The idea of trying to be modern, and being able to joke about terrorism is something that Paranoia could do well. The original was launched in 1984, the year after America had invaded Grenada to kill commies.

It joked with the fears of communism, turning the idea of the communists as radicals who would spread the ideas of Groucho Marx, and the fears something to be made fun of.
If they can do that with terrorism, ISIS and Islam, instead of trying to be "progressive" and "not step on anyone's toes" I'd be really happy.
>>
>>47871116
Pretty much, I'm scared they *will* shit it up with progressive shit though, especially considering the authors
>>
>>47871197
At least then we'll have a mission about Edwa-R-d 5 who manages to hack a compnode and spreads the files everywhere,
>>
Sup. Can anybody hook me up with the corebook for XP or Service, Service! I've done a collection binge and I just need those two to complete XP edition.
>>
guys, i want to introduce my friends to roleplay and wish to do that with paranoia since i like the idea(never read or played it) and i think my friends will too. Is it manageable for new players?
>>
>>47873077

Never mind, I found a complete collection of 25th anniversary and XP on 4shared,

Yes, I'm enough of a faggot to register for 4shared.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.