[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sss/ - Super Stand Somedays (JoJo)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 22
Morioh Muscles edition

For a quick Stand, use:
>http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html
(make sure you make a connection between the name and the ability!)

OR

>Go the organic route and make a Stand based off the feel and lyrics of a song or album

>http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
Everything you ever wanted to know about Stands, but were too afraid to ask.

Thread Question:
How would you change a Part 3 Stand to make it more interesting/unique?
>>
File: 1465598281382.png (164 KB, 358x228) Image search: [Google]
1465598281382.png
164 KB, 358x228
http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1465352979108.pdf

HOW DO I INTO JOJO /TG/? (In no particular order)

>Mutants & Masterminds
>Marvel Heroic (attached file)
>FATE
>Savage Worlds
>Monsters and Other Childish Things
>Don't Rest Your Head
>Shadowrun (Adept or Mystic Adept with a Geas of POSING)
>Wild Talents (WIP houserules here: http://pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k)
>Monsters and other Childish Things
>d10(still being updated by a lovely anon)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tgHTQY5OfUQMxXNLbBQd-Wrwv5fLSax-RGOsXuUUmIs/edit

Some misc links:

>Fan Parts (Also editable)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C5o0VJW_kHTvTuOu8vxpF_mF5zoZ1lwYuBFJ5eQKzis/edit

>d100 System (Editable copy)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V5mZwgz_Y0L-eoFsZwiPab53vpXQHNSfMY-wjDImPYA/edit

Let's try not to die in 60 posts again, folks
>>
File: 3 - JJBA by Kirby and Lee.jpg (184 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
3 - JJBA by Kirby and Lee.jpg
184 KB, 640x960
So I haven't gotten a whole lot of work done (New draft next month, I promise!) but here's the new cover for JJBA Heroic.
>>
>>47860095
greato daze, DM

Got a question for you: would I need to study up on the base Heroics game before looking at the JoJo Heroics PDF?
>>
>>47860184
I'm afraid so - legally I'm not allowed to create a "core rulebook" PDF of any kind.
>>
I might have to shill a bit to get this thread started

>>47860202
No problem, the base rulebook shouldn't be hard to find
>>
>>47860246
It's an easy peasy system to get a grip on too, my advice to you is to also find the old Cheat Sheets and reference those. There's at least enough in the JJBAHRP book right now to run an off-the-cuff game and make PCs.
>>
>>47860270
http://nerdnyc.com/tmp/marvel/Watcher-Cheat-Sheet.pdf for GMs
and
http://nerdnyc.com/tmp/marvel/Hero-Cheat-Sheet.pdf for Players

Are the best Cheat Sheets available, with almost enough information to run the game itself actually.
>>
Posting my Stands to bump this shit

Stand Name: Grand Illusion
Stand User: James "Jimmy" Jager (Reference to Jimi Hendrix and Mick Jagger, rockstars. Also references to alcohol: Jim Bean whiskey and Jagermeister)
Stand Ability: Aggression Field
Power: E
Speed: E
Range: B
Durability: A
Precision: A
Potential: E
Description: Jimmy Jager is a German rockstar touring the United States. He tours around in a large circus tent that he calls "The Grand Illusion". His Stand takes (almost) the same name, considering it is bound to the circus tent (like Strength was bound to the boat). A tent that can fit up to 1000 people, it's ability only activates when Jager wills it to. Jager performs songs by himself on a stage about 15 feet from the ground in the middle of the circus tent. This platform protects him from the adverse effects of his own Stand: Grand Illusion. Upon saying the phrase, "Who wants to be a rock star? Come up on stage!", the tent begins to release a gas (which people assume to be part of the show ) that makes people blindly and extremely aggressive. Only Jager is immune to this. In releasing it, the audience begins to rush towards the platform (that they can't climb) and will literally tear each other apart to get to Jager and eliminate their "competition". Every turn, there will be composure checks to see if your character can resist the gas and begin to fight back. Jager doesn't have to lift a finger and instead can watch the audience kill each other while saying his catchphrase, "JA, JA!"
>>
File: CousinFRankie.png (27 KB, 143x122) Image search: [Google]
CousinFRankie.png
27 KB, 143x122
Stand User: "Cousin" Frankie Higashikata(カジンフランキー東方, Kajin Furankī)
Stand Name: Smoke On The Water (スモーク・オンザ・ウォーター, Sumōku Onza U~ōtā)
Stand Ability: Can generate any form of smoke, for example: can generate napalm smoke or smoke that has LSD in it
>>
Stand Name: You Might Think He Loves You For Your Money But I Know What He Really Loves You For It's Your Brand New Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat (ユー・マイト・シンク・ヒー・ラブズ・ユー・フォー・ヨー・マニー・バット・アイ・ノー・ウォット・ヒー・リアリー・ラブズ・ユー・フォー・イッツ・ヨー・ブランド・ニュー・レパード・スキン・ピルボックス・ハット, Yū Maito Shinku Hī Rabuzu Yū Fō Yō Manī Batto Ai Nō U~otto Hī Riarī Rabuzu Yū Fō Ittsu Yō Burando Nyū Repādo Sukin Pirubokkusu Hatto)
Stand User: Stefan Burnett, better known by his stage name MC Ride, is an American rapper and visual artist. He is best known as the frontman of Sacramento-based experimental hip hop group Death Grips. Burnett is credited for his bleak, cryptic lyrics and aggressive rapping style (ステファン・バネット・ベター・ノーン・バイ・ヒズ・ステージ・ネーム・エムシー・ライド・イズ・アン・アメリカン・ラパー・アンド・ビズアル・アーティスト・ヒー・イズ・ベスト・ノーン・アズ・ザー・フロントマン・オブ・サクラメントー・ベースト・イクスペリメンタル・ヒップ・ホップ・グループ・デス・グリップス・バネット・イズ・クレディティッド・フォー・ヒズ・ブリーク・クリプティック・リリックス・アンド・アグレシブ・ラピング・スタイル, Sutefan banetto betā nōn bai hizu sutēji nēmu emushī raido Izu An amerikan rapā Ando bizuaru ātisuto hī Izu besuto nōn Azu zā furonto man Obu sakuramentō bēsuto ikusuperimentaru hippu hoppu gurūpudesu gurippusu banetto Izu kureditiddo fō hizu burīku kuriputikku ririkkusu Ando agureshibu rapingu sutairu)
>>
>>47860649
Good music taste, my man

[YMTHLYFYMBIKWHRLYFIYBNLSPH] is probably my favorite Stand name. Even better that it belongs to MC Ride and it doesn't even have an ability.
>>
File: 1425813596877.jpg (129 KB, 330x495) Image search: [Google]
1425813596877.jpg
129 KB, 330x495
I would highly reccomend Geist: the sin-eaters from the nwod line. The rules are alittle janky but a great avenue to express the power of stands, it can replicate shit like purple hermit.
Weird shit just happens, strangest character was a hobo who manifested cold-wind to increase the speed of already moving projectiles, and changed to speed up small metabolic processes(grow plants).....he also could heal his character by hanging his character to slow his metabolic state. So in a way it was a good representation of stand development if not a bit wonky.

It was great Wod has some strange powers that made for pretty jojo-esque moments, such as one of my PCs rolling for a secret action on a notecard (which i allowed), and a horde of vampires bust into the room hes in, to miss that he was hiding in the church organ. He then proceeded to burst out of the organ and accelerated the shit out of knifes, ended up sending a vampire or 2 into torpor from his epic rolls.
>>
>>47860693
it's a regular punch ghost, it's ability is that while the user is saying the name and the opponent is confused it goes behind them and kakyoins them
>>
>>47860802
I'll check it out my man and add it to the "How do I into JoJo /tg/?"

>>47860820
Good shit, stolen. Any more, DGAnon?
>>
So in the SBR-universe is Mormonism correct?
Should Mormon pastors have stands?
>>
>>47860883
Technically, yeah.

You could definitely do a session where the group is a bunch of Mormon priests with Stands going around and purifying the wasteland. Like JoJo: Preacher
>>
Jeepers Creepers is a stand bound to music; particularly an old song found on an old record. People who hear the music are in great danger as the stand attacks anyone who hears it.

The user is a radio shock-jock, using his job as a way to murder from afar. Perhaps most terrifying is that he can record the song and sneak it onto other devices; such as a cassette/disk or someone's Ipod.
>>
>>47860857
I'm bad coming up with abilities but here are some other DG songs:

Beware (ビウェア, Biu~ea)

On GP (オン・ジー・ピー, On Jī Pī)

Spread Eagle Cross The Block (スプレッド・イーグル・クロス・ザ・ブロック, Supureddo īguru Kurosu Za Burokku)

The two sites I use for Stand names are this English to Katakana translator: http://www.sljfaq.org/cgi/e2k.cgi and Google Translate

I first put the song name into the Katakana site and then take the result and put it into Google Translate (Japanese to English) to get the Romanji
>>
>>47860802
Aren't Geist powers limited though to things like graveyards and extremely old technology?
Cause they hunt down ghosts and so on.
>>
File: za hulkster.jpg (234 KB, 987x1500) Image search: [Google]
za hulkster.jpg
234 KB, 987x1500
>>47860095
>>
File: New York Minute.png (1 MB, 1784x960) Image search: [Google]
New York Minute.png
1 MB, 1784x960
>>
>>47861940
First OC ACT Stand that I've seen that actually looks good

What does it do?
>>
[Double Fucking Rainbow]

Ability: BOSS FIGHT!

Power: B/E (Stand itself cannot attack things; "Bosses" are highly destructive)
Precision: D
Speed: B
Range: A
Staying: A
Learning: D

[Double Fucking Rainbow] barely has any physical presence - almost intangible, and just visible enough to detect. It allows its user to imbue it into a living organism, whereupon it will transform that organism into a giant, monstrous, vicious creature akin to a video game Boss Fight. Think Power Rangers. A person might grow a hundred feet tall and gain vicious claws and laser eyes or some such, or a dog might become a monstrous wolf, rabid and hungry with several heads. Even a plant could become a menace, growing everywhere and sending out deadly vines and poison.

Boss Fights are almost indestructible and unstoppable, like Godzilla. Boss Fights will obey rudimentary orders such as "Kill that one" but are very single-minded and act with little care for environmental factors. Fighting Bosses is made harder by them being mostly innocent deep down - simply twisted and set loose by the user of [Double Fucking Rainbow].

The best way to defeat [DFR] is to beat the shit out of the user. This is easier said than done, because [Double Fucking Rainbow] has incredible range and the user could be hundreds of feet away in a crowd, seemingly panicking like the rest.

also, new name for when i post here so people can recognise my work.
>>
>>47862022
I think essentially it's got all the powers of Piper; it speeds things up and slows them down by vibrations. Act 3 can do more powerful vibrational things like creating earthquakes and so on.
>>
>>47862294
Piper? Please tell me you mean the Piper I think you mean, because it's too big a coincidence otherwise.
>>
>>47862393
Yeah I mean the witch from Charmed.
>>
>>47862441
Nice.

Now I want to see a Jojo remake of Charmed where the Book of Shadows gives them Stands instead of turning them into Witches and it turns out they're descended from Jonathan Joestar.
>>
File: coffee.jpg (63 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
63 KB, 576x432
Stand Name: Harder Better Faster Stronger

Stand Ability: [Caffeine Empowerment](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Caffeine_Empowerment)

Power - A

Speed - A

Range - A

Durability - D

Precision - A

Potential - D

Description: The power to gain strength from consuming caffeine. Variation of Affinity and Drink Empowerment. Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. by consuming caffeinated products, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able draw complete sustenance from it or even slow or stop aging.
>>
>>47862472
I still think the best sister was Prue.
I'd love to see her with a stand.
I still think that when she left things got kind of.... bland for the show.
>>
Stand Name: Fun House

Stand Ability: [Part Manipulation](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Part_Manipulation)

Power - C

Speed - C

Range - D

Durability - D

Precision - E

Potential - A

Description: Power to manipulate parts of any object. Sub-power of Object Manipulation. The user can create, shape and manipulate parts of any object, whether it be a building, a machine, furniture, organic body parts or just about anything else. Users can manipulate the leg of a table, an engine of a car, a pipe of a sink, an internal organ, the legs of a person, the steps of a ladder, the CPU of a computer, etc. Some users are able to manipulate more than one parts of an object. The user cannot...
>>
>>47861079
Ita all about tone in that case I guess. Joesph could only use his stand on expensive cameras for complicated technology, and to be fair it was communicating with white noise....pretty spoopy if you ask me.

Turn charms into objects that resonate with your soul/geist, and make fetters have geists/stands attached to them. The book has such haphazard technical writing you can use it how you want with a surprising amount of congruity.
>>
>>47862249
>scootalewis
That better not be an MLP reference
>>
>>47862741
it's a holdover from when i used to be into the show a few years ago. The enjoyment faded; the name stuck. Too many people know me by this name to use anything else.
>>
[Do You Believe in Magic] is an odd stand. A bizarre one, if you will. On its own, it has no abilities, but its power comes from those around it. The stand is capable of anything that stand users other than its own within range believe it is capable of, and it falls to the user to convince his enemies of the stand's power.
>>
>>47863045
isn't that just double dutch bus
>>
>>47863089
A what now? If that's an "everything proof shield" type issue I have considered that.
>>
>>47863150
[Double Dutch Bus] is a Stand that someone thought up once upon a time in /sss/, and it became a meme. It's exactly as strong as its opponent/s believe it is, and I presume it also has any powers that its opponent/s believe it has.

In other news a friend of mine is taking a Stand user to a non-jojo game. Possibly M&M.

User's name is Holly Joerling, and her Stand (named by myself) is [Cosmic Wheels].

[Cosmic Wheels]

Power: A
Speed: A
Durability: C or lower
Precision: B or better
Range: E
Potential: B

Ability: Main ability is transformation of matter between organic and mechanical. It can also do the Crazy Diamond thing, but it's more of a temporal rewind for an object rather than "fixing" it. Basically, one hand's punches turn organic matter into mechanical objects and the other turns mechanical objects into organic ones. Besides that and the CD thing, it's a fairly standard Punchghost.

Apparently in the universe he's playing in, all comics (including manga) are real. Batman exists alongside Iron Man and Sailor Moon. Jojo is presumably real-canon as well, hence Stands.
>>
>>47862509
Ability and name match real well. Imagining a guy just chugging coffee and the Stand powering him up SBR-style.

>>47862622
Another good one. With that name, I'd think the user focuses on using a house as a death trap: like making it define physics as an Escher house or making the house itself move parts to kill anyone who walks in.

>>47863013
Not gonna hold it against you

>>47863045
Name fits way better than [Double Dutch Bus] imo

>>47863366
I'm digging the organic to mechanical aspect. Can you explain what connection it has to the temporal rewind thing though? It seems like a random ability that was just tacked on tbhdesu.
>>
obligitory
>>
>>47863449
I don't know myself; I think my friend just had extra points and/or wanted to be useful as well as weird.
>>
>>47863449
>Not liking DDB
Fuck outta here.
>>
what are the JJBA ghost powers?
>>
File: YUUGE da ze!.jpg (411 KB, 1280x1425) Image search: [Google]
YUUGE da ze!.jpg
411 KB, 1280x1425
>>47863480
>>
>>47863766
saved
>>
>>47863480
I have a Stand also named [The Wall] in the session I'm running, except with the ability to throw bricks that replace matter.

I'm finally gonna be able to have two Stands of the same name in the same game

>>47863531
How does the transformation work, exactly? What if I had a damaged block of metal, would it be damaged when I turn it organic or would it be a perfect flesh cube?

>>47863552
I never said I didn't like it fampaitchi, I just like the name [DYBIM] more.
double Dutch bus is the strongest meme known to man

>>47863604
Sits
>>
Armored Panther
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmISCeqtJvw&list=PLgQXhSg8zBqVtuJpYxAaJ1-oD5j157pWk&index=3
Has the power to completely negate damage to any object in range for about 1 min
Shockwave punch: Armored panther has the ability to deliver an impact through anything, without disrupting the medium. For example, he can punch the air, and hit someone a ways off, all while not disturbing the air.
This can also double as a form of sonar.

DP A
Speed B
Range C
Durability C
Precision A
Potential E
While strong, its power comes from its surgical precision, and adept use of its ability to deliver blows to the vitals of the user, and to locate them through its use of sonar.
>>
>>47863857
Again, no idea. I think damage does transfer, though. The conversion simply changes the nature.
>>
>>47864077
Damn, that's a strong ass Stand. What's the connection with the defense and the shock wave punch, by the way?

>>47864086
I was thinking if the object was completely fixed (or just fixed by a little bit) every time it transformed, it would explain the "temporal" ability a little bit.
>>
>>47863857
What do you mean by sits?
>>
>>47864246
JJBA's ghost powers are called "Sits"
>>
>>47860075
>http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1465352979108.pdf
Stop posting this, it's a 404. You need to actually upload the file.

Also, you might want to remove the 'attached file' bit from Marvel Heroic unless you're actually attaching the file.

>>47860095
Now this is nice. It even has the Kirby Krackle.

On the subject of Marvel, what kinds of plot hooks would you use to involve Marvel superheroes like the Avengers or X-Men into the Stardust Crusaders Event? The Event is 'meant' for JoJo characters, but the rules are 100% compatible.
>>
>>47864287
Yes but what can a ghost do?
>>
Stand Name: Highway Star

Stand Ability: [Warping Speed](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Warping_Speed)

Power - E

Speed - A

Range - B

Durability - E

Precision - A

Potential - A

Description: The power to move at extreme speed without physical motion. Combination of Absolute Speed, Space-Time Manipulation, Distance Manipulation and Warping Teleportation. User become Trans-Dimensional crossroads runner capable of traversing great distances without the need of constitutional locomotion. Essentially moving incredibly fast while not actually moving within any occupied area via dropping in and out between real and subspacial planes in rhythmic pulse intervals, at an incredibly rapid pace much faster than one can achieve though simple running.
>>
>>47864539
>Stand Name: Highway Star
anon...
>>
>>47864670
just slapping stuff around in the generator

change it to Space Truckin'
>>
>>47864475
Yeah, I made this thread in a hurry. Duly noted.

>>47864529
In JJBA, ghosts don't really do much. They appear as golden wisps/clouds when the person dies. They're seen by people close to them and they can usually say like an anecdote, but other than that, not much.

Reimi and Arnold can still talk to people who walk into the alleyway, but it's really the alleyway that's special. Speaking of alleyway, the ghosts can drag someone back into hell if they look in the wrong direction.

>>47864539
Technically couldn't this just end up in time travel? Some guy just keeps accelerating in place and eventually, he can release it and end up in the future, right?
>>
>>47864983
One would think though that without anyway to see where he would end up in the future they wouldn't develop that power.
Not unless they are extremely cocky or have blind faith in their own abilities.
>>
Stand Name: All Nightmare Long

Stand Ability: [Possessive Teleportation](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Possessive_Teleportation)

Power - A

Speed - B

Range - C

Durability - A

Precision - A

Potential - C

Description: The ability totransfer one's consciousness into another entity's body and take control of it. Combination of Consciousness Transferal, Teleportation and Possession. User can remotely transfer their consciousness into others' body (usually servants or people they are attuned with), overriding their mind and possibly empowering/reshaping their body it as they see fit, often in their own image. They may do it partially to assume direct control of their troops on the battlefield, or personally...
>>
>>47865307
Good name and power combination there.
>>
Hey guys, posting a Stand I came up with, any feedback is welcome.

[Doctor Doctor]
Ability: Hormone Manipulation
Power: C
Range: D
Durability: E
Potentail: B

[Doctor Doctor] is a Stand bound to the user’s shadow, and it can only travel between shadows of other objects and persons. Take note that only shadows count, not darkness. It is very fast however when traveling between shadows and when it strikes, but has shit durability.

The Stand has a skeletal frame, with three horns pointing backwards upon its skull, the index fingers are pointy and can they can perforate skin, when it does it triggers the special ability.

[Doctor Doctor] can inject and manipulate hormones in the user’s and other’s bodies. This can have a multitude of applications, both good and bad. For example, the user can increase the blood pressure of his opponents so high it causes hearth failure, or maybe help an ally seal up an injury by speeding up his organism. These effects are not instantaneous, so contact must be maintained until the desired outcome occurs.
>>
>>47865107
Stealing this for my session.
I like the idea of a minor villain time travelling into the future when his back's against the wall and coming back even stronger.

>>47865307
As the other anon said, perfect synergy between name and ability.

Definitely imagining as like a [Grateful Dead] fight- long and extremely difficult for the people having to go up against him

>>47865661
Digging the name and ability connection, as well as the subtlety of the Stand. You wouldn't think it's a big deal to have hormones injected into you until your heart stops completely.

Is there a reason that you made the Stand travel only by shadow? Is it a reference to song lyrics?

Good stuff, got any more?
>>
>>47866303
I thought if I let the Stand travel freely it would make things a tad too powerful for the game I'm setting up, cause most stands are there medium tier.
So, deciding that I wanted to nerf it a bit I started listenings to lyrics again, and a verse that say "as I crawled across your floor" gave me the idea to bound it. Plus, I think it fits really well with the creep-ish vibe the song got.
>>
>>47860373
Pretty good for a mental battle for a party.
>>
File: 41cO3hy8MTL._SL290_.jpg (10 KB, 290x190) Image search: [Google]
41cO3hy8MTL._SL290_.jpg
10 KB, 290x190
>>47861940
Holy shit who drew this?
>>
File: light up the night.png (257 KB, 778x691) Image search: [Google]
light up the night.png
257 KB, 778x691
>>47866586
The artist for 7th Stand User 2: Fate is Unbreakable. They got a crapton of stands like pic related on their tumblr, go check it out.
>>
File: img000002 (5).jpg (2 MB, 974x1400) Image search: [Google]
img000002 (5).jpg
2 MB, 974x1400
Stand Name: Pompeii

Stand Ability: [Key Creation](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Key_Creation)

Power - B

Speed - A

Range - D

Durability - C

Precision - B

Potential - E

Description: Power to create keys. Sub-power of Key Manipulation, variation of Metal Generation and Object Creation. User can create keys of all types, sizes, materials, etc. from nothing or by shaping the existing matter or energy. This can be accomplished by either a physical action, such as forging the key or by supernatural means.

I feel like this power could be really volatile if used correctly. Someone could craft a key that opens someone chest and lets all their organs fall out.
>>
>>47866807
Does he take requests?
>>
>>47864475
Now that's the thing (Not to be confused with The Thing, the orange rock man). I wouldn't put the Marvel Characters there themselves - instead, I'd put a character whose name happens to be Reed Richards, and his Stand, Mr. Incredible, who is the smartest man in the world with a Stand that has extreme stretchy powers, like a more direct Hierophant Green. If one isn't happy with Reed Richards and Mr. Incredible for fluff reasons, they could go with Ringo Ricardo and his stand, Rubber Band Man. Or they could remodel everything to be Marvel themed, but with a JJBA coating.

Perhaps as a supplemental PDF at some point possibly maybe, I could do Marvel characters as JJBAHRP characters. Until then I'd be happy to riff some more.
>>
>>47863013
I still roll by InvaderTK in some circles, imagine what subculture that put me in high school.
>>
[The Vengeful One]

Stand Ability: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Explosion_Inducement

Power: A

Speed: C

Potential: D
>>
>>47860038
>>
Made another one, think I will make this one the BBEG Stand, which will be a thief. Any feedback is welcome.

「Perfect Strangers」
Ability: Memory Manipulation
Power: D
Range: A
Durability: B

ACT 1: [Perfect Strangers] can manipulate the mind of its targets and insert the user presence on their memories. For example, should a guard be hit by the Stand, he will believe the user is a friend or a fellow guard, and could be persuaded to let the user pass. These memories are fake however, so the more the target knows the user, the less effective the effects are, and should the memories be proven as fake, the illusion is broken.

ACT 2: once it envolves, [Perfect Strangers] can now insert his user presence upon its targets at any point in the last 24h for a period of 5 seconds. For example, if the Stand hits a locked door, the user can look if at any point someone used a key on that door, insert himself in that time-frame, swipe the key, and when he comes back to the present, the user will have the key. To use a movie analogy, [Perfect Strangers] can insert frames on a movie reel and make them real.
>>
File: Roundabout.jpg (209 KB, 1650x2250) Image search: [Google]
Roundabout.jpg
209 KB, 1650x2250
Hello /sss/

Haven't posted in a while, so here's a new stand for y'all.

Name: 「Roundabout」
Power: B
Speed: A
Durability: C
Potential: A

Ability:

Roundabout has the ability to produce lines from its fingertips across any hard surface it touches. These lines spread outward like the lines in an etch-and-sketch.

Anything, whether object or organism, that touches the lines will be "forced on that path". For example, if an enemy steps on one of the lines it creates and the line leads directly to a pit of spikes, he/she will be forcibly moved along the line towards the spikes.

Alternatively, if someone shoots at the user, the stand can use a table with its lines written across it to block the bullets. If any of the bullets touches the lines, it can be forced away in the direction of the line.

Roundabout's lines essentially function in the same way as train tracks of sorts for anything that gets caught in its ability.
>>
>>47873795
Sounds like a truly roundabout path.
>>
Do any of you guys have "dream games" that you really want to run or play, but probably never will?
I really want to get together with a bunch of students of Biblical history and run a game starring Joshua bar Joseph, Simon Peter, Mary Magdalene, Judas Iscariot et al with Stands named after classical music, but that's never going to happen.
>>
File: img000001 (9).jpg (2 MB, 1563x1400) Image search: [Google]
img000001 (9).jpg
2 MB, 1563x1400
>>47874486
Yes. A gladiator type game with stands. Except i would have player versus player games to spice it up. Unfortunately the way i would want to do it requires several jojo d10 groups and that shit would never fly.
>>
>>47873795
Ayy are you the anon that drew that cause i would like to know if you take requests.
>>
>>47875134
Yes I drew it, but I don't usually take requests because I actually have to study today.
>>
>>47875111
God, yeah. Sounds great, but like a nightmare to handle.
Maybe if you had multiple GMs and tried to coordinate?
>>
>>47875168
Ah i see ok.
>>
File: img000002.jpg (627 KB, 1560x1400) Image search: [Google]
img000002.jpg
627 KB, 1560x1400
>>47875176
It just doesnt seem feasible in any fashion since managing schedules with one group is hell but doing that with the three im in is never going to happen. Its a fun thought tho.
>>
File: img000002 (3).jpg (753 KB, 1567x1400) Image search: [Google]
img000002 (3).jpg
753 KB, 1567x1400
Gimme your best ideas for a stand that makes minions or footsoldiers /sss/.
>>
>>47875261
Skeleton$
>>
>>47875261

See
>>47862249
>>
>>47873795
How do you guys keep coming up with cool stand abilities? I've been running a game with some friends and the best I could come up with was a stand that literally liquidated assets.
>>
I'm working on a fanfic but I'm stuck on the main villains power. I have a hard time describing it but what I'm going for is that it causes people to experience lag like if you've ever played a videogame with high latency. Would anyone here know how to put that into better words?
>>
>>47876705
Maybe a delay between when the person says "I'm going to take a step" and "Person takes a step".
I have no idea if that actually helps.
>>
>>47876705
The villian can add time in between a cause and effect. He can make it so you can take five steps and not move an inch and then release it, making you instantly zoom five steps forward
>>
>>47866854
Interesting ability, I don't know if the name fits too well, but what can you do.

To fit more in a medium setting, I'd probably tweak it so that you'd need to touch the area you want to open up to make a key for it. That way, you can "accidentally" swipe someone's chest and before they know it, you've made a key that literally opens up their entire torso

>>47868471
The name and ability at first glance don't seem related but you could spin it to be an ability that stores kinetic energy dealt towards you (from punches, shoves, blows, etc.) and recycles it as explosions. Hence [The Vengeful One]

>>47873321
Wow, this is a very good ACT Stand. With the way the powers suddenly go from memory manipulation to memory recreation reminds me of Kira's shift to BITES ZA DUSTO.

For clarification, ACT 2 makes it so that the Stand can access the memories of anything, and "replay" certain events? Like, he finds a memory from the door when it was opened and "replays" the memory in present time, opening the door miraculously?

>>47873795
Your abilities are always so good.

Is the only way to beat this Stand to not land on these lines in the first place, or is there a way to break free from the "train tracks"?

Either way, good shit yet again

>>47874486
I've always wanted to do a session based entirely off of a single album. All the enemies are based on all the songs on that album and the final boss is based on the album name itself. It would be hard to coordinate a story with such a finite amount of enemy Stands, but that's the challenge I've presented for myself.

>>47876119
Describe that Stand, anon

>>47876705
The Stand can build up kinetic energy in his environment. A person will be thinking "I gotta go someplace" and put the effort into moving five steps, but they will remain stuck as the kinetic energy is trapped inside them. When the Stand releases the energy in the surrounding, immediately people will be at the end result of their stored energy.
>>
>>47876768
>>47877351
>>47877539
like you ever play an FPS with super high lag so it looks like you shoot at someone but then they run in place and pop up somewhere else? thats what im tryin to do with it
>>
>>47877617
Oh, that's because the person seeing the lag isn't getting any inputs

So, you could say that the villain can freeze someone's vision. He doesn't actually stop time, but for a few seconds to the target, everyone looks like they're moving in place.
>>
>>47877539
Im the key stand guy. Yeah Pompeii was a randomly rolled name. What would you suggest?
>>
>>47877949
Maybe
[Change the Locks] or [Keyhole Blues]
>>
>>47876119
>How do you guys keep coming up with cool stand abilities?

Guy who drew Roundabout here. I had a bit of practice with coming up stands thanks to a fanfic that I'm probably never going to finish at this point. I feel like rereading a lot of Jojo parts that are your fave helps. Having a general interest in superpowers, science articles, etc. doesn't hurt either.

Maybe try brainstorming a list of stands and see which ones are good? Raw brainstorming always helps.

>>47877539
>Your abilities are always so good.
Thanks anon.

And to answer your question, generally yes. If you don't step on its lines you wont be under the effect. The lines themselves I'm thinking of having a distance limit just to make it not too OP.

Of course, the user can always do something like send a bomb or barrel of toxic waste your way via his lines.
>>
>>47878199
Keyhole blues it is
>>
Challenge for you all to keep the thread going:

Try to make a Stand like [Anubis], with the potential to have multiple users, but make it unique
>>
>>47879428
I've got you covered.

[Easy Lover] is a free-range Stand that can latch onto any person become their Stand. If you didn't already have a Stand, she offers her services as a 'mercenary Stand' in exchange for putting up with her eccentric behavior and occasionally buying her food. Of course, [Easy Lover] can also injure herself to injure her Stand User if they don't cooperate.

In addition to its ability to move from one Stand User to another, [Easy Lover] has the power to generate electricity. This power comes from a shared link between herself and her Stand User's bioelectricity, so she can't shock people with 600+ volts or throw arcs of lightning unless she has one.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re-6eOhrejE

[Close to You]
Power - C
Speed - E
Range - E
Durability - C
Precision - D
Potential - A

Description: The ability to enslave and control another being through branding the body of the targeted with a symbol. User can manipulate the mind of target by branding the body with a symbol, effectively making the victim a slave to the user's will, binding therm into mindless servitude.

It's like it knew I was thinking of Mirrormask
>>
>>47877539
ACT 2 works kinda like that, it does replay the memory however it can put the user inside there, as if he was there. So, the user replays the memory of the door opening, takes the key after the door is locked and puts it in his pocket, so when he comes back to the present, the key was in his pocket all along!
Going back to the movie reel analogy, the last 24h are made of various frames, the user cuts up the frames and replays them, however he is now part of these frames, essentially re-shooting the scene.
That way, ACT 1 and 2 follow the idea of manipulating memories, with the first making fake memories and the second pretty much making those memories real.
There is a catch to this though, the user can not make paradoxes, cause time flows in a single timeline with this power. If he does create a paradox the "movie" will not hold itself together, breaking apart and trapping the user outside the timeflow, which is how I picture a Jojo way of dealing with him would be.
>>
>>47879428
[Blue Monday]

The stand takes the form of a blue hat with a robotic face in front.

The stand will automatically transfer to the next person that wears it. The next wearer becomes the user, and gains all the memories and knowledge/skills of the previous wearer while transferring the consciousness of its original base user.

As such, the original user has gained several lifetimes of experiences while hopping from body to body. Thus, he can hide his identity fairly easily while gaining skills in the process.
>>
>>47866303
>Stand with time travel
I like to think of it as that guy from one of the Riddick movies.
>>
>>47860075
> HeroQuest
> PDQ
> Wushu
>>
>>47860038
> organic route
Another method that I recommend:

> Think of the story you want to tell
> Create the kind of character your heroes will encounter that facilitates the story.
> Create a Stand which fits into both the desired story and the core character concept.

The reason Stands are so cool is because they are visually interesting plot devices rather than superpowers. What's more, they complement their Users, acting as extensions of core ideas of characters rather than being a separate concept attached to a character.
>>
>>47881007
Right like that warlord from the second movie who was able to move around with a creepy ghost-spirit self.

Something like that, the user can use his stand to move at heightened speeds but sense he doesn't know the outcome at the end of the line he can be ganged up on, and defeated.
>>
>>47864245
>armored
The idea is that he has control over vibrations, but due to several factors, has lost his potential to unleash its power, without actively restarting, basically starting from the ground up with hamon training. He really doesn't want to do this, as he want so die with his love, who does not possess hamon.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 1024x576
>>47877539
If you insist. I've posted thin one in other threads before, so you might have seen it before. I didn't think it really compared to the other cool stand's in these threads
>「Lodsemone」

Power: A (with $$$)
Speed: A (with $$$)
Precision: A (with $$$)
Range: D
Durability: A (with $$$)

「Lodsemone」is a close range punchghost that derives its power from the wealth the user has on hand.「Lodsemone」is devastatingly powerful if the user has a great amount of cash on hand, but is incredibly feeble if the user is short on cash. This power boost can also be applied to valuable objects the stand interacts with, namely $100 bills, which「Lodsemone」tends to throw at enemies like knives.

「Lodsemone」Is not completely screwed when there is no cash, however. It also has the ability to "liquidate" assets, by transmuting the object into a stack of $100 bills equal to its value. (Rounded down)
>>
So, who wants to hear about the second session of the d10 Jojo game I'm running? It involves Neo-Nazi interrogation!
>>
>>47882998
This is pretty awesome man.
>>
File: 1466046067579.gif (8 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1466046067579.gif
8 KB, 600x450
>>47883156
Do it
>>
>>47883157
Thanks, bruh.
>>
>>47883156

So, after the utter insanity of stopping a kidnapping at a county fair (because that makes sense) and meeting a talking bird, the newly minted band of merry idiots (and a bird) decides they need to stop the kidnappings, and figure out why they have these "Avatars". How do they spend the first step in their journey? They call the Fairgrounds and ask who rented the booth that was kidnapping people!

>They are given an address and a name.
>Pile into Herbert's car. It is a terrible car without air conditioning, and this takes place in southern Texas. So, you know, fun times.
>Also, the crow had to be held by her Stand so she didn't go flying out the window and maybe die.
>Drive to the address
>It's a shitty trailer of a house, with a broken lawnmower in the front yard and no grass in sight.
>Screen door is barely on its hinges, and as such is ajar.
>The crow uses her Stand to open the door and go inside. The rest of the party stays in the car.
>The door leads into a kitchen, and there's a hallway on the other side of said kitchen.
>That is not important, because there are crackers on the kitchen table, and the crow is a hungry crow.
>One of the PCs that isn't distracted by food comes in.
>Heads down the hallway, which terminates in two doors, one barely open, the other closed.
>Just then, the closed door opens (it's a bathroom), and a man comes out.
>The man takes one look at the college student currently breaking into his house and lunges at him with a knife.
>Manages to get a few good stabs in before the PC manages to use his Stand to shoot him with tazer bullets. He proceeds to have a seizure on the ground.
>Other PC comes in to tend to the stab wounds. Turns out his Stand can do that!

Continued in next post.
Also I suck at storytelling, so these greentexts are probably terrible but fuck it.
>>
>>47883399
nah your doing fine bruh.
>>
File: img000002 (1).jpg (618 KB, 1522x1400) Image search: [Google]
img000002 (1).jpg
618 KB, 1522x1400
Can any anons think of a good utility/support stand a party could have?
>>
>>47861003
Jojos in the Vineyard?
>>
>>47883481
Stands are inherently utilitarian, they work as telekinetics, and all that is really needed is for you to think creatively.
>>
>>47883605
Anon. Just post stands.
>>
>>47883399
Heh, triple dubs. Anyway:

>The group ties the guy to a chair with a few belts and decide to interrogate him.
>The second PC has several ethical problems with this, but the other PCs just kind of ignore him.
>The man comes to and tries to distract the PCs while he uses his Stand, a knife, to cut through the belts.
>Crow is having none of that.
>Perches on his head and reminds him about her proximity to his eyeballs.
>+2d10 to Intimidate
>Neo-Nazi spills a fair bit, but is clearly holding back information.
>At this point the crow swings her beak down and stops it an inch from the eyeball of the Nazi.
>The player's exact words before rolling were "EARNING THAT BONUS"
>Man immediately tells the party everything. Location of the Neo-Nazi meeting, name of the leader, anything to "get that fucking bird away from me Jesus Christ."
>Interrogation over, we got what we need, the PC that was stabbed proceeds to tip the chair the man is tied to over and walk out.
>Herbert rights it, apologizes, and leaves as well.
>The crow steals his crackers and leaves.

And after that we ended the session. Next week, they raid PowerWolf, the Neo-Nazi group mentioned above.
>>
>>47883663
You forgot to mention the crow knocking the chair back down after Herbert politely set it back up.
>>
>>47883722
OH SHIT YOU'RE RIGHT!

That's what you get when you type up a greentext 2 weeks after the actual event.
Lenore is great.
>>
File: img000003.jpg (1 MB, 1520x1200) Image search: [Google]
img000003.jpg
1 MB, 1520x1200
Stand Name: Black Widow

Stand Ability: [Slime Constructs](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Slime_Constructs)

Power - E

Speed - D

Range - D

Durability - A

Precision - A

Potential - C

Description: Power to create constructs from slime. Sub-power of Slime Manipulation. Variation of Organic Constructs. User can change slime into tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs and/or create structures of varying permanence. Users who have mastered this ability can use it for almost any situation, creating anything they need.
>>
>>47883661
Radio bandit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBhh23-paLU
Taking the appearance of an extremely slavic person, this stand is actually tied to a Adidas track suit, and bestows whoever wheres it with this stand.
DP B/A
Speed D/B
Precision C/A
Range B
Durability D/B
Potential C
Radio Bandit: The ability to control wavelength, specifically radio wave length, makes the user, and those in range, invisible to radar and other, more supernatural forms of surveillance.
Strength of Slav: Increases power of stand as long as you are doing three slavic things, including but not limited to: drinking high proof alcohol, shouting cheeki breeki, squating, eatin sunflower seeds or potatos, or speaking a slavic languege
>>
>>47883760
NEO-NAZIS AIN'T GONNA KEEP NO BLACK BIRD DOWN
>>
>>47883846
WE
>>
>>47883843
Stolen minus the requirement for slav things.
>>
>>47883902
is not requirment, just suggestion
>>
>>47880570
Could using too much lightning kill her host? I like the idea of a Host Stand that has to be careful as well.

>>47880684
Good name and ability connection. I'd like to imagine that the brands are actually little Stands that will dig into the target's brain, making it so the Stand is always [Close to You]

>>47880693
I get it now. Stealing this for the BBEG of my next session.

>>47880881
Good shit, I like the idea of a Stand that makes the user just an immortal. Reminds me of Kira to Kosaku.

>>47881723
I would love to provide visuals for my sessions, but I'm so shit at drawing. I'm the guy on /a/ that always asks for a punchghost template

>>47882998
Kind of like that one red armor from Twilight Princess. I love this, knowing that a rich guy could be the most powerful - even in the Stand world.

>>47883814
I like this, but how would you relate it to the name? I was thinking making it String Constructs instead, but that would be too far from the original ability.

>>47883843
Really creative, I dig it. Never seen a Stand that would control wavelengths before.
>>
Stand Name: Ruby Baby

Stand Ability: [Corona Breath](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Corona_Breath)

Power - A

Speed - D

Range - E

Durability - C

Precision - E

Potential - B

Description: The power to fire corona blasts from one's mouth. Sub-power of Corona Manipulation. Combination of Atomic Breath, Electric Breath and Plasma Breath. Variation of Breath Powers. The user is capable of projecting corona blasts from their mouth, which combines electricity, ions, plasma and atomic energy to create corona blasts which can cause corrosive shocks and even energetic explosions.
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.