[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cthulhu Cleric in 5ed D&D
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: cthulhu_cultist.jpg (21 KB, 382x500) Image search: [Google]
cthulhu_cultist.jpg
21 KB, 382x500
I wanna make a cleric that worships Cthulhu. What would you guys recommend for a good personality, ticks/traits, and weapon? Also I need character art.
>>
>>47859207
Fourth son of a middle-ranked noble with naval investments. Without the pressures on the earlier born sons, he's free to indulge artistic passions that gradually begin to intrude on the waking world.
>>
>>47859241
Damn. That's really specific and better then I expected right off the bat. Thanks Anon
>>
File: fighter with monsters.png (2 MB, 1280x996) Image search: [Google]
fighter with monsters.png
2 MB, 1280x996
>>47859207
Cleric of Cthulhu - Terrified and fascinated by the ocean. Fondest dream is to be transformed into a deep one and dwell in splendor forever beneath the waves, until such time as his god rises from Ryleh

Wizard of Yog Sothoth - Self explanatory, worships the god of sorcerers, helps bring manifestations of The Gate and The Key into the world in exchange for magical knowledge

Druid of Shub Niggurath - Orgiastic blood rites. Pregnant 2/3 of the time if female.

Bard of Azathoth - Absolutely shreds on the pan flute
>>
>>47859376
A Bard would be pretty fun, but I want to do a Cleric. I'm playing with new people who NEED a cleric. And I've always found them boring so I'm hoping Cthulhu will make things interesting for my sake
>>
File: 1465711047601.jpg (140 KB, 597x816) Image search: [Google]
1465711047601.jpg
140 KB, 597x816
>>47859376
Wait no, I'll do you one better

Bard of Shub Niggurath who really, really wants to fuck her. His entire quest line is to smush the fertility goddess. He wants to stuff his dick into one of the black goat's pulsating orifices. He wants a dark young of his very own.
>>
>>47860348
Well there's a thought
>>
>>47859652
If you find standard Clerics boring, perhaps you should consider putting an unconventional spin on your characterization itself rather than following an unconventional god. A cleric of some unfathomable, madness-inducing entity would probably be better built as a GOOLock anyway.

Perhaps a Nature Cleric who was raised by a mad Druid, and ardently attempts to encourage survival of the fittest, seeking and engendering strife whenever possible.

Or a Tempest Cleric who was blessed by the God of Storms in the moment he survived a stormy shipwreck at sea through sheer grit and willpower - and yet, because of that near-death experience, fears the lightning he unwillingly wields.

Or a Light Cleric that seeks to usurp the fucking Sun.
>>
File: 1402040115283.jpg (33 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1402040115283.jpg
33 KB, 512x512
>>47859207
First: Play better games. For your own sake!

Then:
That character is mad, and by definition an NPC. Consult the DM as to whether this can be played at all. Then give the madness shape by explaining how they came to be an apocalyptic cleric of a poorly understood greater being which is sleeping until the stars are right.

>Discovered first traces of Cthulhu worship while at/by sea, feels strongly about oceanic domain with a mix of awe and fierce devotion

>Learned early how sacrifice is necessary and ultimately irrelevant, cannot distinguish between friend or foe when blood is needed

>Has had strange dreams of impossible concepts for years and has developed a very conspicuous aesthetic of the bizarre.

This extends to choice of weapon. Could be a Kris, a dagger, or a simple cleaver for sacrifices. Could be a strange staff or eerily engraved ax. Could be a nine tailed nail spiked whip. But really these types are not much for open combat, more sneaky conspiracy and backstabbing.
>>
>>47861020
What's a GOOlock? But I like the mad druid idea, but would I be able to provide the heals my party needs?

>>47861071 I usually play 2ed, but I discovered a new group to play with. Other than that thanks for the ideas.
>>
Yog-sothoth here Cthulhu is a pussy.
>>
>>47863280
Just read Dread.

It's really simple, has really good advice, and it works as a quick beer & pretzels game if your DM can't make the session.

It's not much of a game, just one mechanic. But it is not D20. There are so many great games. D20 is not one of them.
>>
>>47863280
>What's a GOOlock?
A Great Old One warlock--someone who has struck a pact with an eldritch being in exchange for magical knowledge. The relationship isn't exactly like a cleric's, more teacher-student or book-reader than god-worshiper, but the flavor is pretty on-point for what you want.
>>
File: pseudopod Paul Carrick.jpg (129 KB, 494x720) Image search: [Google]
pseudopod Paul Carrick.jpg
129 KB, 494x720
>>47859207
My dad's friend made that drawing. Weird.
>>
>>47860348
Probably not that hard to do. You don't become the black goat of 1000 young by being hard to get.

It's probably harder to be around her and NOT impregnate her one way or another
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.