[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does your party partake of the witch's proffered fruit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 17
File: WON79r.jpg (841 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
WON79r.jpg
841 KB, 900x1165
Does your party partake of the witch's proffered fruit?
>>
I tried to read it but once I sussed out that it was a tumbler thing then I lost enthusiasm.
>>
>>47856774
You lost enthusiasm on amazing art and good story because of the shadow of 4chan boogeyman ?

Are you an idiot ?
>>
>>47856935
Never compromise, you spineless faggot. Never compromise!!!
>>
what is this from?
>>
>>47856965
Kill Six Billion Demons
>>
>>47856965
An awesome web-comic called Kill Six Billion Demons
>>
>>47856935
I didn't like the author insert blue fangirl demon.
>>
>>47856965
A webcomic. It updates twice a week. Its good, but don't get too hyped up.
>>
>>47856745
Does the fruit have a different effect on her, because she is human or what?
>>
File: sprout.jpg (771 KB, 950x1229) Image search: [Google]
sprout.jpg
771 KB, 950x1229
>>47856965
>>
>>47856990
The author is a guy tho...
>>
>>47857020
Moreover, he's an anon. Who browses this board.
>>
>>47856935
>amazing art and good story
The designs are competent, the story is so far still in the establishment phase, the art is passable and the lore is a mess.

Calling it amazing is disingenuous.
>>
>>47857002
They're both human and it has the same effect, one is just much, much older
>>
>>47856774
>a tumbler thing

I bet you're some snooty hipster who just NEEDS it to be a snifter, aren't you?
>>
>>47857038
Or, more likely, it's ignorant. He might be perfectly sincere, just doesn't have enough perspective or taste to understand what it actually is.
>>
>>47857062
Allison's, what, 22? So she nibbles a piece and goes back to 12. Ol' Nadia is thousands so she needs to scarf plate-fulls to get back to that age.
>>
>>47857038
>the lore is a mess
Only if you on't understand it yet. At it's core, it's pretty cohesive and planned out.
>>
>>47857038
> lore is a mess
I dunno I could fallow it just from reading once through.
Theres the God, splits into male and female elements, creates the alternate universes, also there are angels and demons.
Later the conquering king uses magic to show up and take over, invites other mages.
Then the big mage civil war resulting in the 7 most powerful ruling over the ruins.
Just accept that there are diverse magical powers and you can just go with the flow.
>>
>>47857020
Oh that's funny, I assumed because of the main character and art style and world design that it was a woman author.
>>
>>47857142
You're definitely one of those people who shouldn't trust their hunches.
>>
>>47857038
The guy writes a mini bible worth of stories at the bottom of the strips and you call the lore a mess? Ok bud.
>>
>>47857038
>the art is passable

No, it's actually pretty good, and you're acting like a snob.
>>
>>47856774
The only tumblr things are the parody blue shipping demon lesbian and the transexual angel with an identity crisis. Which is like a small part of both of those minor character's backstories.
>>
>>47857173
>fangirl posts ">muh webcomic what do" in a traditional games imageboard
>people criticize it
>"ugh you shitlords need to learn taste and culture like me"
>>
It is pretty amazing how the reaction to this comic has changed since the threads we had when it was less popular.
>>
>>47857251
Any time anything becomes even slightly popular, there is an instant exponential increase in the number of people who vocally dislike it.
>>
>>47857224
SO in addition to the "im so garbage can" 20something woman main character, the two supporting characters are also tumblr stock characters?

So 3 for 3?
>>
>>47857265
It's both that - a group who will turn up their nose because it's popular, or because of 'muh SJW' - and the fact that the people who do like it will take any dislike of it personally.
>>
>>47857251
>>47857265
Shill-anon has created the new form of shitposting.

Zathras-posting is dead, all hail the summer of K6BD -posting.
>>
>>47857142
You appear to be a total retard though, so you should never trust your own conclusions.
>>
>>47857265
Regardless of retarded anons, this was a shit thread in the first place.
>>
>>47857392
Take a look at the catalog, this is statistically a high quality thread right now.
>>
>>47857347
Sorry for triggering you.
>>
>>47857142
I'll bet you walk into a lot of traps.
>>
File: 716.png (332 KB, 600x415) Image search: [Google]
716.png
332 KB, 600x415
>>47856774
You're joking, right? The author is a fa/tg/uy and posts here all the time. He even leaked a copy of the RPG here so people could read it
>>
File: KSBD89.jpg (794 KB, 1400x908) Image search: [Google]
KSBD89.jpg
794 KB, 1400x908
>>47857278
No? That's like saying Arcade Gannon is a tumblr stock character because he happens to be gay.

Be this bait as it may, let's have a short summary character analysis. 82 White Chain is one of the apparently few angels who actually still cares about justice and compassion, and enforces this where it can. I say it, because angels don't have gender, but the more human they are (apparently?), the more human and possibly more feminine they look. A great many angels are shown to have forms completely non-human outside of their armor, likely showing how completely detached they are to the things they're supposed to protect and police since the ones who created them are gone. And if they aren't like that, they usually go and join the Thorn Knights.

Cio on the other hand is apparently a master thief (though we've never seen her steal things), and also a know-it-all. They're basically the exposition machine, the story teller who knows everything. Through them we learn more about the setting than Allison's admittedly small and very human world view, and White Chain's bias. That isn't to say Cio isn't biased, but she clearly treats the world like a story, and even has paper themed magic. The most tumblr thing about her is that she ships Allison with other girls.
>>
>>47857526
>Be this bait as it may, let's have a short summary character analysis. 82 White Chain is one of the apparently few angels who actually still cares about justice and compassion, and enforces this where it can. I say it, because angels don't have gender, but the more human they are (apparently?), the more human and possibly more feminine they look. A great many angels are shown to have forms completely non-human outside of their armor, likely showing how completely detached they are to the things they're supposed to protect and police since the ones who created them are gone. And if they aren't like that, they usually go and join the Thorn Knights.
That's an oversimplification. The angels weren't original created to protect humans - the Primes existed before humans ever stepped foot in Throne.
>>
>>47857278
I imagine anything you dislike can be boiled down to tumblr can't it?
>>
>>47857557
The dude is trolling and apparently none of your remember how this happened when we had RPG threads too. Why even reply?

That said, this >>47856745 is not enough of a hook to have your heavy metal Alice in Wonderland fanfiction comic thread on /tg/.
>>
>>47857556
You're right. I should say that that's how White Chain thinks they should be doing. Or at least said so.

The other angels are still very detatched or just straight up Mettaton-worshipers. Except Delicious, one of those rare ones who has gone completely the other way and become too much like a human.
>>
>>47857526
>The most tumblr thing about her is that she ships Allison with other girls.

I mean, she properly introduced herself as a fanfiction author.
>>
>>47857576
I reply because it bumps the thread and artificially creates discussions around the topic.

And I have no life.
>>
>>47857593
I'm not sure that in either case "become like a human" is the way to phrase it. The faceless angels of the Thorns are humanoid too. I think that the longer angels and devils are outside of the void the more open they become to change - that's why they have strict codes/contracts and items of binding to keep themselves stable - but I don't know that it's as simple as "become more human".
>>
>>47857613
>I mean, she properly introduced herself as a fanfiction author.

Sure, but since when has fan fiction ever been solely tumblr's domain?
>>
>>47857613
I write fanfiction and don't use tumblr.

Tg campaigns are basically fanfiction.
>>
>>47857613
And we have professional video game players.

Even more to the point though. the woman who wrote 50 Shades of Grey originally created it as a Twilight fan fiction. So it's not that big a stretch.
>>
>>47856745
Well that looks...interesting.
>>
>>47857663
Since Anon decided so.
>>
>>47857651
I'm pretty sure the Thorn Knights have new armor forged form them. Or at least I assume so. It's been awhile since I've read that part of the story. The woes of reading a slowly updating webcomic.

It would at least explain the humanoid shape. But, I only say 'become more human' because that's how many of the angels just sitting around said White Chain was doing. They laughed at their compassion and desires and even denoted that their shape was like that because of it.
>>
File: WON18.jpg (143 KB, 850x402) Image search: [Google]
WON18.jpg
143 KB, 850x402
In regards to the lore, I never quite understood the thought process behind the flow of power in a Devil contract.

I know the devils are usually mindless forces of destruction, but they can be bound and made sapient by giving them names and a mask. The more names a Devil gets, more of their power is sealed and the lower their class becomes.

As I understand, when their current contract ages they lose names and regain their power, at the risk of going feral again. Human magi make contrats with Devils, in exchange for power, giving the Devil a new mask and names in return.

On the one hand, I'd expect a Devil's power to grow as they acquire more names, rather than when they "slough off" old ones.
On the other, it's clear that their names are an important anchoring point, so more names=more time before a new contract is necessary. But why would any devil willingly enter into a contract that turned them into anything less than an Ebon or Gold Devil? How mouch time does it take to change lose your names? Does the amount of power a Magus get depend on how many names they give? Is an Ebon or Gold contract just so unfavourable to Magi, that nobody would be willing to risk it, so Devils would have to make do with a Red mask or lower if they don't want to lose their ego?
>>
>>47856774
I fucking love the art style, but I find the story really confusing and tangled, and none of the characters are particularly interesting.
>>
i would say yes since the fruit looks like a ballsack
>>
>>47856745
I dont quite understand skeleton doomrider and his masters intentions.
Bring back the old king or something? Thats why they need the key?
>>
>>47858316
They want things to go back to the way they were, and regain some semblance of order in Throne. The best they can hope for is manipulating Zaid (who they still believe is the new king) so that they can at least expel all the freaks and weirdos from Heaven. They need the key for this. However it'll still involve snatching him and then, like, not being turned inside-out by Jagganoth.
>>
File: vivec sees your muatra.jpg (8 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
vivec sees your muatra.jpg
8 KB, 262x192
>>47856745
No, because I'm not a loser who's living off of the borrowed power of a dead demiurge who grows butt-peaches

That's what I got CHIM for
>>
>>47858379
That sounds reasonable, however, from what I have seen so far, no one is really thrusting the spiky skellies and they are seen as "evil" whatever this means in a world like this.
>>
>>47858560
Well they do seem to ride around cutting people's heads off and kidnapping dudes who are just trying to get laid. Also the whole wheel thing.

Their stated goal appears to be sterilizing Throne.
>>
>>47858574
>to be sterilizing Throne
Like I said, sounds reasonable, the whole worlds seems to fall apart anyway
>>
>>47858316
Basically, they want to purge Throne and the Multiverse clean, so it can get restarted. Deus Volt of the highest caliber.

>>47858108
I think devils forge pacts to get closer to sources of power. Perhaps they might maneuver over a deal, they might twist a mortal or servant race to take away one of their names. Basically, any deal is generally in their favor first and your favor decidedly second.
>>
>>47858316
Make a revived Metatron and his army the new guy in charge?
>>47858108
I assume it's better to continue existing, even as an imp, than to become formless energy?
And being low grade means having a ton of time before you are at the whim of some wizard?
And i doubt your summoner wants to deal with a high-grade demon, to begin with.
>>
>>47858108

Apparently when they first are given masks, they are given names. With each contract, they remove one of their name and become more and more powerful.

In the end, only one name remains, which is the apex of their power, though they apparently need o make a contract from time to time to replenish the bonds needed to remain coherent
>>
>>47858108
I think you've got it wrong and I'm going to post what I think is right.

A devil doesn't lose names with time due to their aging contract but rather they attempt to trick humans into calling them the wrong name when they make contracts with them?

However once a devil has their names those names don't get lost, but rather they can deprecate with time. During the drinking contest one Devil mentions that their color became worse.
So regularly engaging in contracts can be important as a means of gaining or maintaining power and infamy I guess. So even if a contract isn't beneficial a demon might be pressured into it to avoid having their powerful names sink into obscurity and become lower colors.
And as far as I know having multiple names kind of dilutes the demon or something.

I'm not sure whether a demon that loses all its names goes feral (Or becomes unbound) but one that breaks its contract does since their mask breaks which seems an important anchoring point, and the mask might be anchored by the name since Alison has to name the newly masked unbound demon.

Mask degradation may also be a factor since during the drinking contest scene a devil with an old mask is clearly making a deal for a better mask.
>>
>>47858898
Ah, that makes a lot more sense than what I thought was going on.
>>
>>47856745
So, wait, the lady turns into a bag of peaches?
>>
>>47857224
>transexual angel with an identity crisis
Just say sexual angel, that's what's getting her in trouble. She wasn't supposed to have a gender to start with.

Also, demons may change sex through promotion/demotion so I don't think sexual orientation is a big hang-up for them.
>>
>>47858108
I always kind of saw it as an addiction. They lose power as they gain names sure, but they also stay corporeal. Once they become corporeal, it's hard to want to stop simply because you now aware of being. So it's natural you'd rather not go back to not being.
>>
>>47859040
No, the peaches are grown on a fucked up monster tree using the blood of virgins.
>>
>>47858987
This also makes a lot of sense.

I remember the one getting a new mask (which subsequently was used to bind Princess Moonshine something something), but I didn't remember the one about the name's quality itself degrading.
>>
>>47857173
If you think it's anything better than "alright" you don't know much about art.

The point is that's it far from the point where the art quality alone is enough to make it worth reading.
>>
>>47859169
>If you think it's anything better than "alright" you don't know much about art.
LUL

Are you just bitter this is a success?
>>
>>47859169
There is also the story. But then again, I've made sense of Kirkbride's shit so this was easy to comprehend after C0da
>>
>>47856774
The only tumble things you should avoid are the ones where the only defining trait the characters have are their race/sex and nothing else. This comic is legitimately good.

Unless this is bait.
>>
File: thatthingjosays.jpg (10 KB, 101x125) Image search: [Google]
thatthingjosays.jpg
10 KB, 101x125
>>47859230
>you're just jealous XD
I'm not even an artist senpai, just saying that the art is okay tier at best, and that saying the art is good enough to carry the so far undeveloped story and generic characters is silly.

The only thing is has going for it good high concepts and a few cool designs.
>>
>>47857142
>wis 8

I am too.
>>
>>47859321
>The only thing is has going for it good high concepts and a few cool designs.
Not even that, really. I mean, it's clearly "inspired" by other stuff, and by that I mean outright plagiarised.
>>
>>47859230
Not him, but I am personally a little salty that so many talentless hacks have zealous followers that repost and buy everything they make, yet who knows how many talented artists are wasting their lives putting fries into wax cups because they haven't been "discovered" by the arbitrary hand of random success.

A lot of these shitty comics are only successful because they were noticed first and aggressively pushed their "art", nothing to do with it being good. Exemplars: Order of the Stick, Ctrl+Alt+Del, Explosm/Cyanide and Happiness, Penny Arcade, and the lord on high to whom all must genuflect in the torrid wake of its inexplicable popularity: Goblins.
>>
>>47859419
Everything is derivative, I won't accept that as a criticism, and kill six billions does succeed at being "cool" using it's themes and concepts in a good way, the artist has a good ability to make the right choices in design and color selection, just not a huge amount of technical skill to back it up, and not too compelling a way of writing, so what you get is something that's fun to look at but isn't really compelling beyond that.
>>
>>47859321
The designs are honestly the strongest part of the comic. Pretty much every character you could look at has a pleasing design. The drawings can be messy or wonky but they're strong enough to carry the designs.

My only complaints

-Sometimes the perspective is a little fucked up (bannister on the tree page, table when Allison was first talking to Mottom).
-The feet and hands can be a little off.
-The empty backgrounds of some panels. I get that the increased pace means he can't spend as much time on the background of every panel, but I still miss them.

That said, KSBD is waaaay above average when it comes to your average webcomic or capeshit illustrator. He's no Moebius yet, but I think he could get there.
>>
>>47859529
For you
>>
>>47859542
>He's no Moebius yet
Way to set the bar high, man.
Anyway while this guy still has to learn, he is actually better than many people who get.published on paper.
>>
>>47859169
I'm interested to know what you define as good "art" for comics, something done either weekly or perhaps monthly.
>>
File: WON76.jpg (46 KB, 289x246) Image search: [Google]
WON76.jpg
46 KB, 289x246
>>47859608
Okay, he's not quite Stokoe yet then.

>>47859556
TELL ME ABOUT JAGGANOTH. WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK?
>>
>>47859629
Anything clean. consistent, and doesn't make me do a double take every few pages due to a mistake, which is a lot of stuff.

Kill six billions is hardly bad but it has perspective errors, anatomy errors, and most of all messy coloring and line work near every page.
>>
>>47856745
no. the last time I willingly ate food offered to me by an NPC, I woke up in a man thong and shackles to be used as a sex slave/gladiator for the amusement of dwarves.

Now if you'll join me in a moment of silence... not all the slaves made it out alive, and those poor gnomes never even checked if the elevator was safe...
>>
>>47859741
Sorry, I mean I'd like an example. I don't think I've ever needed a "double take" for KSB, but that's my personal observation skills.
>>
>>47859764
I'm not that guy, but look at the table on this page. The table should be about perpendicular to her torso and the walls behind her. Instead its tilted downward at a very steep angle.
>>
File: WON72.jpg (875 KB, 950x1229) Image search: [Google]
WON72.jpg
875 KB, 950x1229
>>47859863
>>47859764
God damn it.
>>
>>47859885

Still meant an example of good art in a comic, because other than mechanical errors I think the style it is fine. He's improved a lot lately, I think the best advice I'd send his way is to plan out his drawings more, seems like he had the idea for the table before the position. Either way, I still enjoy it. Considering how it doesn't really detract from the scene, I don't know how much I'd really "Deduct" from the panel.
>>
>>47858208
I'm gonna agree with this. The design are fantastic to look at, but I'm not engaged by any of the characters.

Alice is pretty much just your typical "I'm here so you can explain stuff to the audience" protagonist that wobbles between "average joe the nervous wreck" and "determined idiot hero". None of which are tropes that appeal to me. In fact, because the richly detailed world appeals to me, I'm probably not interested in a character that's got no noteworthy history or personality to delve into. There's no mystique I'm interested to learn about, no abilities or opinions about which origin I'm curious about.

And everyone notable around Alice just seems to be some flavor of independent & hardboiled. Even if they're someone like Mottom or White Chain that do have moments of weakness to them, their "default mode" is being a tough guy walking down their own path, and in fact those weaknesses often are what *make* them a tough guy by putting up a facade.
Which I suppose is appropriately miserable for the world, but without contrast, it all falls flat on its face for me. When I feel really sad about a character crying, it's because I've seen them happy before. When I feel really happy for a character, it's because they've been sad and hurt before. But in K6BD everyone's just miserable and trying to hide it with their best tough guy impression. Everyone's a Noir detective with a lose canon and a bad past. Gets stale.
>>
>>47859741
I'll take messy coloring and line work that's intricate as shit over some oversimplified animoo-ripoff without backgrounds anyday.
>>
>>47859764
For weeb shit Miura and Murata are both good denough to make their stuff worth reading just by merit of their art quality

Requiem chevalier vampire, The Boys, Northlanders, most stuff I've read honestly
For comparable webcomic stuff even people like Incase I would say are to a higher standard, the bar isn't very high.

KSBD just is really visibly "hobbyist who got a tablet and is still figuring out the whole art thing" tier.
>>
>>47860032
If you think this is hobbyist, you have hilarious standards.
>>
>>47860032
Nah, I'm pretty sure you're just an overly cynical snob who can't seem to understand that things that have errors can also simultaneously have plenty of merit.
>>
>>47860032
>KSBD just is really visibly "hobbyist who got a tablet and is still figuring out the whole art thing" tier.
Not quite, no. Jesus.
>>
File: power nap reaction image.png (120 KB, 259x259) Image search: [Google]
power nap reaction image.png
120 KB, 259x259
>of all the things wrong with Kill Six Billion Demons, /tg/ decides to focus on the art
>>
>>47860055
>>47860063
There are immediately apparent errors in the five most recent pages, if you think that isn't grounds for calling it mediocre then what the fuck is.
>>
>>47860160
I didn't say there weren't any errors you fucking tosser
>>
File: 1352949976309.png (13 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
1352949976309.png
13 KB, 381x380
>>47860283
You got triggered when I said it was mediocre then said "the errors don't matter" as if the errors aren't what make the art quality mediocre.
>>
>>47857613
>>47857526
>That isn't to say Cio isn't biased, but she clearly treats the world like a story
That's because that's most likely the case with this multiverse.
God was all so through countless diversions it became gods and after that every little person in thoughout the wheel. Just to stop the boredom.

It's like in this story where a man dies to discover that he is everyone and lives through every persons life
>>
>>47856745
>Does your party partake of the witch's proffered fruit?
The last time a campaign I was part of involved food offered by a shady magic-user, the party's strongest melee person got a stomach full of mind-control maggots.

So, no. Probably not.
>>
>>47856745
does the dm use something to instigate a stupid thread with a flimsy relation to tabletop games like a total faggot?

yes he does

faggot
>>
>>47856745
SOURCE
>>
>>47863545
Source is a shill.
Is that shill you?
>>
>>47861678
this is bait
>>
>>47863545
Kill Six Billion Demons. It's a webcomic about politics in heaven and hell.
>>
Is that bowl full of balls?
>>
>>47856745
Does it cause uncontrollable weight gaining?
>>
>>47863621
If you read a few pages later about where the fruits come from: it is a definite possibility.
>>
>>47856935
>boogeyman

you can fuck off. Complacent retards like you are the reason puvlic discourse is the mess that it is.
>>
>>47857120
>angels and demons
Angels, demons, humans, and servants.
>>
>>47857166
The presence of a "mini bible" worth of stories makes it more likely the lore is a mess.

It might not be, but you can't have a mess with 1 thing, a mess needs a ton of shit.
>>
>>47863768
Nah, you're just getting triggered by reading subtext that isn't there.
>>
Back on-topic: yes. I would.
>>
>>47856745
No, we burned the whole town and stabbed in the face any survivors thanks to the aid of a religious lord.
>>
>>47863943
The bible for example is a huge fucking mess
>>
>>47863545
It was the fifth and sixth posts in the thread you gibbering mouth breather.
>>
>>47863621
>>47863750
They're peaches of regaining youth, grown from a tree that sprouted out of a man obsessed with collecting wives, which was watered in the blood of young virgins. Our bumblefuck protagonist literally came up to this floating city with the latest offering >>47857003.
>>
>>47856745
Welp peach woman just gave me a boner. Fuck I've been on 4chan too long.
>>
>>47856959
That's what edgy 13 year old would say.
>>
I don't know what the fuck is going on in that image.

Explain.
>>
>>47856774
>Check out comic
>Scroll down too far
>See comments section
Jesus christ it was almost like I was in a starbucks in sanfransisco everyone fucking acting like pseudo intellectual hipsters and shit.
>>
>>47856935
>amazing art

Okay.

>and good story

It's mediocre and full of clichés once you look behind the courtain of mysticbabble.
>>
>>47860879
Hey. "All you zombies." Weird story.
>>
>>47857003
>Cute girls with slit throats
Unf
>>
>>47857593
>Mettaton
Metatron, like the angel
>>
>>47857593
>>Mettaton
UNDERTALE GIT OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>47856745
>witch's proffered fruit
Sicere question - what's that?
>>
>>47869294
Peaches that grant youth and vitality grown from the immortal corpse of her murdered husband (whom she killed), sustained by the blood of young girls.
>>
>>47856745

I constantly keep getting magical realm pings from KSBD but this latest arc pretty much nailed it. The main character being age regressed into a loli, dressed up in a pretty dress and forced to run around barefoot is so oddly specific it can't be anything else.
>>
>>47869348
Everything is magical if you believe, anon.
>>
>>47869348
Eh, I stopped reading when it became clear that the writer was just throwing out esoteric bullshit with no rhyme or reason, and I had no idea what was going on.

It's the Planescape problem. If anything is possible, it becomes impossible to care about anything that happens, because there's no solid ground-rules to work with. There's no point becoming invested in any goal or obstacle, because as far as I know, it could be resolved in ten minutes by the next heap of bullshit that comes along. The story just becomes so much aimless noise.

Also:
>Complaining about seeing magical realm everywhere
>While calling children "lolis"

Haha no, that's your problem, not KSBD's.
>>
>>47869412
>It's the Planescape problem. If anything is possible, it becomes impossible to care about anything that happens, because there's no solid ground-rules to work with.

So nothing at all like Planescape, then.
>>
>>47869308
Never heard about anything like that. In my country's folklore witches just kidnap naughty kids and eat them. Alternatively turn them into lard and use for flying.
>>
>>47869540
>folklore
Well, there's your problem. Don't you know that traditional folklore and modern concepts share nothing more than names?
>>
>>47869551
why won't modern concepts come up with their own names?
>>
>>47869579
Because nobody cares about completelly new concepts, when something survives for a while in humanity's collective consciousness it then starts to gain traction.
>>
>>47869579
Because then nobody will remember or care and they'll just refer to them by more common generic terms like "witch" or "mage" regardless.
>>
>>47869615
>>47869620
how did the oldy names get to where they are then?
>>
>>47859927
>other than the mechanical errors
>other than the actual, literal bits where it's wrong
>>
>>47868994

Shitposting in the comments with a made up angel name is fun, but when you see someone try to justify gluttony as a virtue you know shit's gone too far.
>>
>>47856745
Ok, I'll bite. The fuck is even happening here? I think I'm reading the panels out of order or something equally retarded. And before you all jump down my throat, yes I am a moron.
>>
>>47870379

Peaches restore youth.
>>
>>47869551

I think the peaches are based on the Fruit of Immortality (peaches) in a number of Chinese legends. I know they were featured in Journey to the West, as the fruit the Monkey King gorged himself on to become immortal.
>>
>>47869650
Being old and having survived and adapted. The concept of witch comes from all The way back in prehistory when some slut herbal healer figured she could just poison people and get more power, riches and food than by healing them.
>>
Please go back to /co/ already.

I don't understand why you keep trying to do this. This comic isn't about traditional games, so you really shouldn't keep trying to create a scion thread on /tg/.

Feel free to discuss the actual game based on the comic, but all this comic talk belongs in /co/, and you really need to stop trying to push your tastes here. Could you imagine if everyone else just tried to advertise their personal interests here? We would be overloaded with different groups competing to keep their off-topic threads bumped here in hopes of establishing a niche here.
>>
File: Doomguy at work.jpg (497 KB, 800x965) Image search: [Google]
Doomguy at work.jpg
497 KB, 800x965
I just have to say that 'Kill Six Billion Demons' really reminds me of the Doom (both the original and the 2016 reboot). How badly would it go if the Doom Slayer actually ended up in there? I can imagine him taking one look at that tree and he pulls out the rocket launcher.
>>
>>47870598
Fuck off, board fun police.

There's twenty more threads even less /tg/ related for you to hate.
>>
>>47857020
That doesn't make it less tumblrific y'know...
>>
>>47870598
>>There's a rpg of it,
you answered yourself.
Also the author's a fa/tg/uy.
>>
>>47870623
But they're not repeated attempts at spam. Or at least, some of them aren't.

This comic in particular is a repeat offender of some person very transparently putting in a weak effort at spamming, and it seems like they're not intending to stop until the comic is completely picked apart and ridiculed and treated as absolute shit, mostly because you guys are trying to force it here, and partly because it really doesn't match the hype you guys are trying to build up.

>>47870628
Then discuss the game. If you are on /tg/, you are here because you have an interest in discussing traditional games. If you just want to discuss the comic, then what reason do you have to be here instead of /co/, outside of hoping to spam?
>>
>>47870628
Then the author should draw a /tg/ comic.

I'm a chef. Do you want me to post my award-winning chocolate mousse recipes here every week? No, I do that in /ck/, and if I came up with a more /tg/ oriented recipe, only then would I decide it might be a good idea to make a single thread here.

That's the issue. This comic is no more /tg/ than My Little Pony is, and is actually less because outside of a board and roleplaying game, there's also a MLP trading card game. Do you really want to open up the gate of "Tertiary topics are /tg/ if I say they are" argument?
>>
>>47870623
I report all of them regularly and then I get "warned" and the threads stay up.
>>
>>47870769
You probably might want to relax a little and only report repeat offenders (like this one) and really flagrantly off-topic ones.
>>
>>47858108
Kinda see it as the more defined chaos is, the more shackles it has as it cannot truly be chaotic. A being of several names is bound to them all, where one name is something much more free to exercise all aspects of itself with impunity and who knows exactly what it is. Meanwhile, with that said, to lose all definition and be completely unshackled is to be just that-undefined and uncontrollable even by your own mind, as millions of potentials vie for dominion of this form. From what I can gather, this is not ideal to them as it is practically a death of it's own, the death of what they choose to be through their tricks and contracts, of how they have chosen to define their very Self.
>>
>>47858596
They are likely seen as evil because of their methods and because to many, that is the only way they can seem-after all, they seek the End of things for a grand Rebirth of their own, for Order to reign once and for all. That just happens to require genocide on numerous fronts (potentially spanning the multiverse) and the mortals, being the idiots who live there, don't want to be wiped out by crazy freak angels. Meanwhile, Michael seems to be the one plotting for a new cycle with Zaid as the new King, against his brother, Metatron, and his lackies, the Thorn Knights.
>>
>>47857224
Not really a tumblr thing when it's based on the Elder Scrolls Kirkbride shit like where Vivec can change gender at will.
>>
Considering /tg/'s standard is OotS and Goblins, I can see why many people here could see it as nearly flawless
>>
>>47871309
Meh, that bigender stuff existed in real mythology thousands of years before some videogame.
>>
>>47863768
yeah and judging from a single word to complete dismissal is what public discourse really needs.
>>
>>47871349
Oots isn't terrible, but yes, Goblins really needs to stop being posted here.
>>
>>47870379
The fruit of a tree that sprouted from what amounts to someone who gathered enough knowledge and power to become a decadent demigod and then had said knowledge, power, and relic storing it stolen by his murderous wife has the odd property of restoring youth to those who eat it's flesh, at least temporarily. Mottom is really fucking old, so she requires herself to gorge on it to return to youth. However, said tree requires the blood of beautiful unwed maidens that are first married to the tree corpse and then bled dry to feed it as it is hard to make a decadent demigod stay dead enough for people to be satisfied.
>>
We already have a witch
>>
>>47871887
It makes so little sense I guess I'm not missing much by not reading the whole comics
>>
File: We have this thread every day.jpg (11 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
We have this thread every day.jpg
11 KB, 229x220
>This comics again
Why won't you just stick with /co/?
>>
>>47860824
I intensely disagree that the errors define it as mediocre when it has so much interesting going for it.

Plus, mediocre compared to what?

I'm not arguing that it's the best art ever, or that it's flawless. Just that it's not above "mediocre."

Compared to digital art I've seen online in general (which is a lot,) it's squarely in the top 25%.

Compared to other webcomics, it's easily in the top 2% or so.
It has backgrounds. It's fully colored. It's not an overly simplified featureless anime bullshit style. It has interesting facial expressions and dynamic poses. It has illustrations of beautifully intricate architecture, flora, fauna, and character designs. It conveys an interesting ambience and tone.

Is it a little "fast" quality wise? As in, could the artist probably have spent more time on it if he wanted it to be "perfect" Yes.
But there's so much of it, and almost every page manages to impress me with how evocative it is, and how effectively it conveys very imaginative and intricate ideas.

I deeply and wholeheartedly disagree with the notion that art has to be perfect, or even "as perfect as possible" to "not be mediocre." Fuck that.
>>
>>47856959
I actually can't tell if this is parody or not.
>>
>>47857251
>>47857265
You guys are literal retards to not understand the reason why.

>Niche/unheard of thing has a very vocal and supportive fanbase.
>Said fanbase, eventually intermingled with a much LARGER community.
>Said community is much more populous, and therefore is prone to more varying opinion.
>Said community eventually gives thoughts and opinion on what was once niche.

It's not a matter of 4chan being contrarian shits, it's just the fact you're going to have people with different opinions.
>>
>>47873532
Anon was just trying to impress you with a convoluted explanation. The short version is they're eating youth restoring fruit. One is very young and only needs a small peace, the other is very old and needs several. The artist chose to depict the transformation as old skin peeling off to reveal the new, younger flesh below, like an insect molting.
>>
>>47870681
>spam
It isn't, you gobshite, we have maybe one or two KSBD threads per month at most. Only real credit I can give you is that you haven't resorted to shrieking "GET BACK TO YOUR FURRY SJW HUG-BOX, REEEEEEEEEE!" yet.
>>
>>47873574
Nice samefag there, cockbite.
>>
>>47870681
"Thing I don't like" != "spam"
>>
>>47870681
You clearly don't understand what the word spam is. That time some cunt made 6 threads, one immediately after the the other was deleted by the mods on the subject of "Let's talk about how great lolis are!" was spam.
A couple (usually short-lived) threads about Kill Six Billion Demons per month is very distinctly not, and I'd like you remind you that filters are a thing if you get triggered at the mere mention of it.

>>47873574
It has an RPG, if we can talk about fucking Oglaf here, we can talk about KSBD.
>>
>>47870681
>>47870708
>This board should cater to my interests alone
Fuck right off, m8.
>>
>>47876010
Agreed, start a fucking Tumblr blog if you want a place that only talks about things you like.
>>
>>47875420
>>47875509
>>47875762
>>47876010
I'm sorry you're upset, but "What you like" != "/tg/".

Spam is any kind of repeated advertisement. The frequency of these threads of late has been low, but in the past they were spammed quite often, and I don't doubt that this is just the return of another bout of repeated threads, because it seems that the little K6BD fan club really doesn't learn and still doesn't like to follow the rules that everyone else does.

Yes, there are some others who try and spam like you do, but recognize how annoying they are, and appreciate that's exactly how annoying you are.

If you want to discuss the merits of this comic in the context of a game, that's one thing, and it's clear that you don't. If all you want to do is discuss the comic, then head over to /co/.

I feel sorry for the author, because inversely to what your intentions, your spam has contributed to more people starting to hate this comic than liking it. Do him a favor.
>>
>>47876128
Still not grasping what actually constitutes spam, are you buddy? If someone posted several threads within a few hours (or, hell, minutes) of each other, I'd be inclined to agree with you, but just because we have a few threads a month on a subject that you personally don't think is "/tg/" (though "Cute centaur knight girl, wat do?" apparently is) does not make it spam.

You don't need your dumb ass to be the Wrongbadfun Police, thank you very much, that's what we have the actual mods for.
>>
>>47870769
Maybe that's a sign that you don't understand what does and does not belong on this board.
>>
>>47876128
Yesssssss, your salty tears sustain me!
>>
>>47876128
Filters, man. Filters.
>>
>>47876128
>There can only be one person at any given time that disagrees with me
>>
>>47876662
You have to keep in mind that I'm a pretty neutral party. I don't hate this comic, and I'm generally fine with the one-of off-topic thread if it helps contribute some sort of game related discussion.

What you don't seem to grasp is that /tg/ doesn't really forget, and if you try to spam something once, it lingers in its memory as something that was spammed. It's not like you can just try again in a few months and hope that /tg/ has forgotten.

If you really wanted to, you could have shown you were actually interested in discussing this comic's game, rather than just the comic itself, but making a thread with a throw-away lipservice question and then following that with just a discussion about defending the faults of the comic makes it clear that this really doesn't belong here.

I'm sorry it offends you, and I know you're upset that your plans really aren't working out, but the simple truth is that what you like is not the same as what is a traditional game. Try to be more considerate of the people who actually want to discuss games and really have nowhere else to discuss them, and don't set a bad example by trying to spam this board.

Hopefully, this thread is just a one-of, but if you really do plan on trying to discuss this comic in the future on this board, do everyone a favor by prefacing the thread with a discussion on the tabletop game and trying to stick to actually discussing that game. Otherwise, keep your comic discussion on the comics board, and you won't be dragging this comic around in the mud by your misconduct.
>>
I like K6BD, but I also think that some parts of it are poorly written and thought out. It has absolutely no sense of pacing and a lot of the characters, particularly Allison, are not well characterized. as is evidenced by their sudden and random mood swings. I can see the bones of the story underneath it all, though, because I love the setting and lore and ideas behind the characters even underneath all of the foolishness, and that is why I like it. Also the art is really unique and cool and perfectly expresses the feel of the setting and story. It's mysterious and magical and complex, but it has problems on the actual execution level.

At any rate, why are we bitching about the quality of the comic? Why can't we just appreciate the creation of a fellow fa/tg/uy?
>>
>>47876972
>At any rate, why are we bitching about the quality of the comic? Why can't we just appreciate the creation of a fellow fa/tg/uy?

Because it's not traditional games?
>>
File: WON67.jpg (841 KB, 950x1229) Image search: [Google]
WON67.jpg
841 KB, 950x1229
>>47870608
I see no way how this could go wrong for him
>>
File: 1453319531921.gif (809 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1453319531921.gif
809 KB, 300x169
>>47870681
>But they're not repeated attempts at spam
Anon, if I open the catalog right now I'm pretty sure I will find at least ten 40k threads. Half of them are constantly up like chapter creation.

I see ksbd threads on /tg/ every week or so and it quickly vanishes again.

It is not that hard to not open a thread of a topic you don't like. Just like I leave the 40k threads alone
>>
>>47877397
There are too many 40k threads, but that's a separate problem.

And, above all else, 40k is still a traditional game. This is the place to discuss them. Just like this is the place to discuss Magic and D&D and Catan and really anything that falls under that umbrella.

I genuinely dislike 40k, but I recognize it's right to be here. I just wish that it's fans were a little more inclined to stay to the general.
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (47 KB, 179x365) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
47 KB, 179x365
>>47877571
/v/ leave.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47877571
There is a KSBD RPG using the Apocalypse World system. Fuck off and/or gargle some cum.
>>
>>47876959
>neutral party
Considering how persistent you are in this "SPAM, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" thing, you really aren't.
>>
>>47876959
Again, a couple KSBD threads every so often isn't the same as 6+ Loli threads that are being deleted almost as fast as they're posted. Learn what "spam" actually means, you cockwaffle, and stop assuming you know better than the mods who are actually in charge of policing threads.
>>
File: 1373319005525.png (15 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1373319005525.png
15 KB, 560x407
>>47857526
>The most tumblr thing about her is that she ships Allison with other girls.

Wait wait wait.

Shouldn't the most tumblr thing be her shipping Allison with other *guys?*

Because that's kind of tumblr's thing? Ogling hot young men and pairing them up with their favorite ships?
>>
>>47878099
Nah, because having a girl end up with a non-trans guy would be LGBT-phobic, according to them.
>>
>>47878163
Probably makes her a sex object too.
>>
>>47878163
>>47878185
>Nah, because having a girl end up with a non-trans guy would be LGBT-phobic, according to them.

Is that by the author's words, or your own perceptions on Tumblr? Because Tumblr's a big place, and *most* of it is devoted to either porn gifs or squeeing over a hunk in some TV series or movie.

You'd be shocked how much of that site is dedicated to porn (*straight* porn, mind) and dudes hooking up with girls.
>>
>>47878163
>having a girl end up with a non-trans celestial being would be LGBT-phobic

>tfw you can't take deviants to the wheel
>>
>>47877886
>There is a KSBD RPG using the Apocalypse World system.

Discuss that then?
What's your favorite kind of character to play as?
>>
The art reminded me of old French comics, like Valerian and Laureline, I would totally get an RPG book illustrated that way.
What are the last news on this front ?
>>
>>47857224
Wow. Backup. Over half the story for the angel so far is the angel getting reamed for being her species equivalent of a transgender and almost all of her/it's backstory and motivation is to prove it should be a non-issue to others. I don't have an actual issue with any of that and it gives the angel a definitive goal they'll have to actually work towards but saying its a mere footnote is disingenuous when its about 95% of their story.
>>
>>47878215
I'd probably go for the Beggar-knight, if I ever got to play. My friends aren't interested in the comic, so that's unlikely.
>>
>>47878647
Remeber to pray daily
>>
>>47857003
Metal as fug
>>
>>47859637
Because no one cared who he was before he put on the mask.
>>
>>47856745
I made a thread about the RPG if anybody wants to participate in it, since this one's been made into a bit of a mess.
>>47878595
>>
>>47870608
He'd just become another warrior-saint; his archetype is all over the place in KSBD.
>>
>>47869061
I'm pretty sure he was referring to "The Egg" by Andy Weir, but All You Zombies deals with similar themes
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.