[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /tg/; you're welcome to join me watching some ches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: chessproblem3.png (36 KB, 323x403) Image search: [Google]
chessproblem3.png
36 KB, 323x403
Hey, /tg/; you're welcome to join me watching some chess here:

https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-tournaments/your-next-move-grand-chess-tour-2016
>>
File: 1465544767987.png (398 KB, 508x685) Image search: [Google]
1465544767987.png
398 KB, 508x685
>playing a game that doesn't involve rolling dice
>>
>>47854958

I don't know the fancy numbers or anything, but if the further right white knight moves down beneath the black knight it is checkmate.
>>
>>47855496
I think you're supposed to be the black player getting out of the predicament you're in
>>
>>47855496
Can't the black king take that white pawn next to him then?
>>
>>47855496
If Ne2 then black plays Kxc2 (king moves one space down). What do you play now?

#2 in this context means "White to checkmate black in 2 turns for each player."
>>
>>47854958

The answer is 1 Nxd4.

If ... Kxd4, then

2. Qh8 is mate.

If pretty much anything else,

2. Bb2 is mate.

And may I say, I hate puzzles like this. White's position is overwhelmingly advantageous, and there's really no compelling need from the position to do a mate in 2 as opposed to mate in 3 or 4.
>>
>>47855330
Chess is a traditional board game. Fuck off
>>
>>47855330
Oooh, is it time for the next randomness fight already?
>>
>>47855330
>being such a scrub that you can't consistently roll the number you need
Skill, not luck.
>>
>>47856487
I like directmate problems totally regardless of whether they're advantageous for white.

There are a good amount of problems and endgame studies at the 64-Square Problem Tour at http://www.uschess.org/content/view/8199/436
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.