[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: pipefox.png (1 MB, 1530x801) Image search: [Google]
pipefox.png
1 MB, 1530x801
Pathfinder General /pfg/

What's the coolest, grandest, or just plain most interesting encounter you've played or ran?

>Bonus points for storytime
>Bonus bonus points for comfytime

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old thread: >>47842950
>>
File: 1466205246060.gif (866 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1466205246060.gif
866 KB, 550x400
>>47848193
>>
>>47848193
The ghost wizard encounter from Iron Gods that destroyed my players over the course of 6 or 7 turns.
>>
File: really high heels.jpg (89 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
really high heels.jpg
89 KB, 1200x1200
What's the next best thing to Feather Step Slippers after the errata?

I really want my high heels that make you move better back.
>>
>>47848193
Wouldn't a penis with both knot and flare be the best of both worlds?

Also, repeatedly blowing off a turncoat's friends limbs to keep him from interfering with a fate of the planet battle behind me. He got better.
>>
So my character does the following:
>every city we're in he squeezes it for every penny he can with an Eidolon with massive bonuses to stealth/disable device/sleight of hand
>while doing this he has the Eidolon look and judge individuals, if they are corrupt and in positions of power he steals from them otherwise he does not
>he does not take things that may be of sentimental value, mainly coinage and the like
>my character spends this money (any that goes over WBL) to fund a terrorist organization in his home country half a world away
>this terrorist organization is charged with putting a stop to the corrupt nobility in the country who abuse the people

My character does not share his thievery with the party, but they do know out of character. How much of a douche am I for doing this?
>>
>>47848305
Equally as douchy as when you said it last thread.
>>
Friendly reminder to ignore white males in the lore.
>>
>>47848193
>grandest
Our level 3 party witnessed a fight between a pair of ancient wyrms, a white one and a red one, that caused a lot of acrobatics and reflex rolls.

>coolest
Our party used a semi truck to escape a zombie-infested city while being assaulted by motorcycle-riding, rocket launcher-using persons under the effects of a vampire's dominate ability, after which we fought the vampire and ended up grinding it into paste under the truck's tires while dodging falling building bits.
>>
>>47848290

No, the flare basically does the job of the knot, just in a different way, and vice versa.

Adding one makes the other redundant, so it's really down to user preference; do you want a powerful finish with forced tender cuddles, or a good hard fuck that's wild from start to end?
>>
File: 1411363583899.jpg (109 KB, 524x492) Image search: [Google]
1411363583899.jpg
109 KB, 524x492
>>47848305
Less douchey than keeping it all for yourself.
Still a little douchey.
>>
Critique please

Weapon Focus (Combat Proficiency)

Choose one weapon group. You can also choose grapple, CMB (or ray, if you are a spellcaster) as your weapon for the purposes of this proficiency.

Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +1.

Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls to your selected weapon group.
Upon reaching base attack bonus +5 and every 4th base attack bonus thereafter (9th, 13th, 17th and so on), you gain an increased +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make using the selected weapon from an associated weapon group.

Special: Martial* classes begin play with this Proficiency. This Proficiency stacks with Weapon Training. A full caster must purchase this Proficiency as a feat.

*martial includes full BAB classes as well as partial casting classes (ie, hunter, magus, inquisitor etc)
>>
>>47848193
My players fought an ancient and craven red dragon who had been cursed to wither and rot while he yet lived. He emerged from the sewers and used his gangrenous breath to rot them and infest them with maggots, then engaged in melee with filth-caked claws and broken teeth running brown with his dying blood. The party immediately scattered, trying to stay away. Melee attacks showered the martials with filth and gore, and the party spellcasters found themselves subjected to a corrupting field that lowered the potency of their spells.

In the end, the party cleric was slain, the barbarian rotted alive, and the others limped away with permanent Con and Strength drain.

The dragon formed the inspiration for the Valhallan, in Mourners.
>>
>>47848305

>THEYRE CORRUPT SO ITS OKAY
>>
>>47848279

fucking saved fampai
>>
File: Gaping_Dragon.png (488 KB, 881x530) Image search: [Google]
Gaping_Dragon.png
488 KB, 881x530
>>47848383
But did the dragon gape?
>>
>>47848425
No, but one of my players threw up in the middle of the description and we had to take a brief break before the fight started.
>>
>last thread
>this thread
Holy fuck what happened?
>>
>>47848445
doubt
>>
>>47848378
>choose one weapon group
I do this as well
>can also choose grapple/CMB
Don't bonuses to CMB include that already?
>ray
Already an option for vanilla WF
>increasing bonus
Assuming you're ditching GWF, but this heavily favors ranged touch attacks compared to other weapons that might be selected.
It's not a bad idea, it just needs consideration.

>partial casting classes
Summoner is a 6-level caster, and wouldn't really have use for this.

My version of weapon focus is just "pick a weapon group" instead of "a weapon". However, this also fits with my change to MWP/EWP in that there is only "Weapon Group Proficiency", and you pick a group. In case you wanted to know.
>>
>>47848445

What sort of sissies do you play with?
>>
>>47848393
My character isn't good, he is neutral and simply doesn't care.

>>47848358
Yeah. I don't want to be stronger than the party

>>47848317
No one replied last thread.
>>
>>47848468
A robot got triggered because black people exist, then spend the rest of the thread coming though the lore looking for more reasons to get triggered.

The rest of the thread told him to shut the fuck up and kept the topic on topic...

...which was penises. The topic was penises.
>>
>>47848520
The kind that are vulnerable to body horror.
>>
>>47848193
During a Candyland themed session I left a pinata filled with bees on a tree. The party took the bait even though they heard buzzing.
>>
>>47848535
Its not even really body horror, it's just filth and mess, and a little blood. It's basically a 90s young boys toy commercial.
>>
File: Dwarf.png (812 KB, 717x1076) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf.png
812 KB, 717x1076
>>47848530
I am more surprised that nobody commented on "dwarves" being anything from orangutans to cyborgs to treants to bald Asian crackheads.
>>
>>47848556
*Earth elementals, not treants.
>>
File: 1417077480842.png (25 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1417077480842.png
25 KB, 468x240
>>47848358
>>47848526
I'd say acceptably douchey. I'm all for keeping the party together for plot reasons, but when people start in on party communism and "As the heroes, we should automatically support each other against anything, even consequences of retarded actions" I get annoyed.
Roughly as annoying as the metagame teleporting thing people do.
>>
>>47848193
Coolest and most epic scene whe had:
>Bordelands on Savage World
>Chasing a space pirate/metal band through the desert
>With stolen motorcycles
>On the roof of a high-security Hyperion train
>Chased by bandits combat helicopters
>MJ blasting power-metal while everyone was shooting mass-destruction weapons
>Train derail from all the cluster-vortex-rockets exploding everywhere
>Crash on a giant skagg nest
>Everything ends in an apocalypse of metal, fire and blood

I never played a game so short, epic and memorable in my life. I remember shedding a tear our of sheer joy when whe took the jump to get on that fucking train.
>>
Straight fucking talk time:

How many people here have ERPed online before, and how many haven't?
>>
>>47848581
Okay, just saw this is a pathfinder thread. Time to go to bed.
>>
>>47848579
I'm sticking with the party because I need more money and the party helps generate money for me, and I am reasonably certain they are not dopplegangers.
>>
>>47848584
I have with my girlfriend, but only once.
>>
>>47848584
I haven't

Currently waitlisted for a game that may or may not open up a slot, though.
>>
File: PZO1133.jpg (218 KB, 801x1000) Image search: [Google]
PZO1133.jpg
218 KB, 801x1000
I bought the fucking Bestiary 5 today, why the fuck does it have LITERAL ROBOTS in it? Is this still a fantasy game or is this some steampunk science fiction wankery where the authors don't give a fuck about setting consistency or even making sense.

I mean, this shit is gay as fuck. That kinky birth-mother thing is bad enough, that shit is STRAIGHT out of some Paizo fuckhead's magical realm. But literal goddamn robots? You people took some shit from ONE adventure from AD&D, and made it into the most pathetic shit I've ever seen in my life.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>47848193
Posted this in another thread, but since it looks like it's suffering the slow death to page 10, I'll post it here as well.

So I was recently invited to my first tabletop game, and it's going to be Pathfinder. What should I expect gameplay to be like overall? What're anons' experiences with the system as a whole?
>>
>>47848614

u wot

robots have been part of Golarion since the VERY beginning lmao
>>
File: Ariel.png (363 KB, 450x569) Image search: [Google]
Ariel.png
363 KB, 450x569
>>47848614
Clockwork has been a feature of many fantasy stories. What's hard for me to believe is that you have a problem with the robots and not the breasted dolphin or tits for eyes monster.
>>
File: 1465881624890.gif (149 KB, 551x600) Image search: [Google]
1465881624890.gif
149 KB, 551x600
>>47848614
JEEZ.

EARLIER EDITIONS OF DND HAD UNDEAD INSECT GIANT ROBOTS PILOTED BY ELVES.

SPELLJAMMER WAS A THING FOR AGES.

DND HAS NEVER BEEN TOLKIEN FANTASY, IT'S TOO LATE TO COMPLAIN NOW.
>>
>>47848614
>Fantasy means that it has to exist in LotR.

>>47848641
Now that dolphin is some bullshit.

Boobs for eyes? What?
>>
File: EyesAreUpHere.png (660 KB, 464x609) Image search: [Google]
EyesAreUpHere.png
660 KB, 464x609
>>47848652
>>
>>47848629
>What're anons' experiences with the system as a whole?
It's a shitpile of broken mechanics that people only play for nostalgia over 3.X.
>>
>>47848668
Na that's just a mouht-for a stomach.

Also disgusting

>>47848675
>implying pathfinder rules aren't significantly better than 3.5
>>
>>47848641

Oh I have a problem with that shit, too. I have a problem with a LOT of the shit in Pathfinder, and this is why Pathfinder NEEDS to end soon. It is cancerizing the RPG industry with stupid-ass bullshit like robots that DO NOT EXIST IN FANTASY.

PERIOD

NO, GET THE FUCK OVER IT. THERE ARE NO ROBOTS IN FANTASY. THAT IS SCI-FI. NOT FANTASY. YES IT IS YES IT IS YES IT IS DEAL WITH IT YOU FUCKING ENTITLED PIECES OF SHIT. STOP WARPING FANTASY TO BE WHATEVER STUPID SHIT YOU WANT IT TO BE. I AM SO SICK OF PATHFINDER PULLING SHIT LIKE THIS AND PEOPLE EXPECTING IT TO HAPPEN IN MY DUNGEON WORLD GAME
>>
File: Krang..png (444 KB, 434x557) Image search: [Google]
Krang..png
444 KB, 434x557
>>47848688
OK. What about krang?
>>
>>47848227
wtf, this is mesmerizing

>>47848501
Thanks brah

>I do this as well
Nice
>Don't bonuses to CMB include that already?
Don't think so. CMB is just calculated according to your BAB, your Str and size modifier. This proficiency just further adds to CMB.
>Already an option for vanilla WF
Yeah, but now in less-feat-expenditure form, and you gain some pretty good bonuses
>Assuming you're ditching GWF, but this heavily favors ranged touch attacks compared to other weapons that might be selected.
It's not a bad idea, it just needs consideration.
Yeah, ditching the entire Weapon Focus feat tree and just making it an inherent part of martial builds. Ah ok, maybe just have the ray benefit from selecting it as a feat expenditure then?
>Summoner is a 6-level caster, and wouldn't really have use for this.
True that, I'll edit to include martial partial spellcasters only

I should include an edit where you can take this as a feat on top of having it as a proficiency.

>
My version of weapon focus is just "pick a weapon group" instead of "a weapon". However, this also fits with my change to MWP/EWP in that there is only "Weapon Group Proficiency", and you pick a group. In case you wanted to know.
Nice; with EWP though, maybe make it you only a certain number of weapons from that group?
>>
>>47848584
I have a lot. I used to be in a big erp guild in an MMO, and I still keep in touch with some of them and do scenes sometimes.
>>
>>47848698
Nice bait, mate. I rate 8/8.
>>
>>47848717
>CMB

Incorrect.

Any bonus that applies to an attack also applies to CMB, provided the bonus can be applied to the weapon being used for the maneuver.
>>
File: 1274601178656.png (194 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1274601178656.png
194 KB, 400x400
>>47848629
Watch your actions, get a feel for the DM, and carefully husband your resources.
Rule 0 is everyone should be having fun. Try and parse through asshattery to good advice if people are asshats (You should be pretty good at this anyway, given where we are.).
The game is, depending on the group, about one of three loose things: Overcoming challenges using knowledge of the rules and creative planning, telling a dramatic story of fantastic heroes and villains, or five buddies fucking around using a framework of rules to make ludicrous situations.
Cleric is not that much harder to run than fighter, and much harder to fuck up.
>>
>>47848698
We better not tell this guy about Expedition to the Barrier Peaks then.
>>
>>47848445
Next time you're telling stories of your GMing prowess, try to make it a little more plausible.
>>
>>47848584
For sevenish years, though I've lost interest for the most part, and my good partners haven't come online recently.
>>
>>47848698
Arabian Nights had robots and space travel. Your opinion is objectively wrong.

Do try to calm your shit.
>>
>>47848717
There're feats that give further increases to CMB as well, so that helps
>>
>>47848755
Oh, cool
Thanks, dude

Now you can have more CMB
>>
File: ef4.png (690 KB, 680x1427) Image search: [Google]
ef4.png
690 KB, 680x1427
>>47848698
The point I'm making is that D&D and Pathfinder have never been 'just tolkien-level fantasy'

You and others may have ascribed it that title, but it's never been that.

But then you're the same guy who was complaining in the exact same way as before, so whatevs, bro.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 470x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 470x317
>>47848675
>It's a shitpile of broken mechanics that people only play for nostalgia over 3.X.
Sounds promising. How broken are we talking about? I would hope it's just confined to lategame shit and some odd rules here and there, but it doesn't sound like that's the case.
>>
>>47848792
It's worth noting that "CMB checks" are explicitly just attack rolls with different base values. It's in their definition.
>>
>>47848816
Works ok before level 12.

Even the writers don't try to balance/fix/write eratta for anything over level 14.
>>
>>47848816
It also has some very, very jaded and bitter people hanging out in its general thread on 4chan.
>>
>>47848698
Go play 5e then, it's already abandonware so you'll never get triggered by seeing something you're not used to.
>>
>>47848766

Dude. For the last fucking time. I HAVE HEARD OF EXPEDITION TO THE BARRIER PEAKS. I PLAYED WHEN I PLAYED AD&D ABOUT EIGHT YEARS AGO. IT'S A RETARDED FUCKING MODULE.

Listen to me you little fucking punk, because clearly you have difficulty comprehending information even when it is applied directly to your face: ROBOTS DO NOT BELONG IN FANTASY.

REPEAT AFTER ME: ROBOTS DO NOT BELONG IN FANTASY. ROBOTS DO NOT BELONG IN PATHFINDER.
>>
File: ProudHeritage.png (256 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
ProudHeritage.png
256 KB, 576x432
>>47848862
beep boop. I'm a robot.
>>
File: 1274423652278.jpg (103 KB, 500x442) Image search: [Google]
1274423652278.jpg
103 KB, 500x442
>>47848816
Stay the fuck away from
>Guns
>Disarm, trip, and sunder
>Pure dex builds
>The rogue, fighter, monk, and ranger classes
>Guns Again
>Goblins
>Iomendae
>Lamashtu
>The Vital Strike tree
>>
File: 729.gif (137 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
729.gif
137 KB, 340x340
>>47848862
>Listen to me you little fucking punk
>>
In a homebrew setting where magic isn't massively unknown and scary to everyone, how do you do mundane theivery anons? Won't an alarm spell ruin your day, and so on?

Hardmode for keeping it hidden from the party. Can visit somewhere and not buy stuff, then come back later, but not the vigilante thing.
>>
>>47848862
Cool story brah. I'm gonna go back to my Iron Gods campaign where I'm wearing power armor wielding a chainsaw and fighting flying robots that have rocket launchers.
>>
>>47848818
Sweet, like so
When you attempt to perform a combat maneuver, make an attack roll and add your CMB in place of your normal attack bonus. Add any bonuses you currently have on attack rolls due to spells, feats, and other effects. These bonuses must be applicable to the weapon or attack used to perform the maneuver. The DC of this maneuver is your target's Combat Maneuver Defense. Combat maneuvers are attack rolls, so you must roll for concealment and take any other penalties that would normally apply to an attack roll.
>>
>>47848862
Arabian Niiiiiiiights, like Arabian daaaaaaaays...

Plus, what do you think things like golems are? For that matter, have you not read Conan?

Fantasy is an amazingly diverse genre. It has room for all manner of settings and concepts. If you don't want robots in /your/ games, /don't use them/. If you don't like robots in a game you're playing, talk to the group like a reasonable person and, if you're not satisfied, leave.

The idea is not difficult.
>>
>>47848777

Arabian Nights... you seriously expect me to take that sand-nigger shit seriously? I don't care if it had robots and space travel. That's fine. But if it did, then it IS NOT FANTASY. IT IS SCI FI. AND SCI-FI IS A FUCKING SHIT GENRE.

>>47848815

Tolkien level fantasy is TOP LEVEL FANTASY. Anything else is derivative shit and Pathfinder is especially derivative as it thinks adding garbage baby crap like RObots to keep interest is a valid narrative tactic. It is not. It is not, and Pathfinder is not even valid as a roleplaying game, it is completely broken and much better systems exist. Why anyone plays this home-brewed abortion of an RPG is beyond me when there are much better games like Dungeon World out there with

> faster combat
> better storytelling
> better dice mechanics
> better balanced
> less money than Pathfinder

Dungeon World utterly REKTS pathfinder in ALL areas. And best of all, it doesn't have any faggoty robots!!!
>>
>>47848862
You're REALLY cranky, ain'tcha?

Explain to me why fantastical creatures like robots don't belong in a fantasy setting?

If you strictly limit your definition of 'fantasy' to the same elves and dwarves and swords and wizards, then that's not fantastical. That's 'the standard fantasy setting', which is oxymoronic to the extreme.

Fantasy is supposed to be anything the mind can conjure!
>>
>>47848902
None of those things are really broken unless you try.... except goblins. You can end up with incredibly high stealth with goblins on accident.
>>
>>47848862
What have you against caps lock or the shift key?

If you find everything so offensive, go outside for once and yell in the open or some shit
>>
>>47848862
Look, dude, just go out to a bar or something, you have better things to do than rage online.
>>
>>47848849

How the fuck is 5e abandonware?
>>
>>47848777
Which stories?
>>
>>47848954
The incredibly slow release schedule has created a lack of faith in the system.
>>
>>47848932
Then why are you here being an angry bugger rather than having fun in a dungeon world thread?

Do you CHOOSE to be angry over being happy?
>>
File: accuratedepiction.jpg (105 KB, 375x471) Image search: [Google]
accuratedepiction.jpg
105 KB, 375x471
>>47848932
Scifi is fantasy set in the future.
>>
>>47848862
>he hasn't read The Book of the New Sun
>>
>>47848917

Use magic yourself. Silence is a good one, dispel, etc.

Rogues idk just run faster than everything. Have a get-away horse waiting? Or join a gang that's already raiding something and join them, then ditch them or turn them in. Light a fire at point A, then rob point B.
>>
File: 1465853671947.jpg (18 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1465853671947.jpg
18 KB, 224x225
You guys, dude is purposely a troll and you're all falling for it
>>
File: 1466237380302.png (340 KB, 331x438) Image search: [Google]
1466237380302.png
340 KB, 331x438
>>47848932
>Storytelling is a facet of the system, not the people playing it
>Having less money is a good thing
>>
>>47848922

Your campaign is shit, you are shit, and your adventures are NOT FANTASY.

POWER ARMOR IS NOT FANTASY, IT IS SCIENCE FICTION.

GET OVER IT
>>
>>47848378
How the fuck does this work then?

You pick something then get +1 to that weapon, and then you get to choose another weapon from the group and get a +1 to that or still stick to that same weapon and get a +2?
>>
File: knife.jpg (67 KB, 720x607) Image search: [Google]
knife.jpg
67 KB, 720x607
>>47848614
Because they hadn't statted the fucking robots yet is why.

You know, the ones near the spaceships?

DO YOU CHUCKLEFUCKS NOT EVEN FUCKING READ THE SETTINGS YOU'RE PRETENDING YOU DEFEND BEFORE TAKING THEM ON AS YOUR HOLY LANDS OF ONLY-SWORDS-AND-ONLY-SORCERY?

Next you'll fucking tell me greyhawk didn't have space aliens with fucking rayguns either.
>>
>>47848925

I've read Conan, fucker. And I don't care about not using them in my games. I'm saying YOU don't have a right to use robots in YOUR games. Deal with it you little fuck. GOddamn I cannot wait until there are some real police stopping this stupid fucking shit. I would love it if all Pathfinder players were put to the torch.
>>
>>47849023
https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=star%20wars%20fantasy%20or%20science%20fiction&oq=star%20wars%20fantasy%20or&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0j69i64.3895j0j7
>>
>>47848941
They're generally hard to actually make work, is my point. Picking off the might actually function list is a pretty big boost.
>>
>>47849023
If I yell louder than you does that make me right?
>>
>>47849040
>We need thoughtpolice to stop people playing games wrong.
>You're not allowed to use robots.

Sooooo, you got anything left, or can we go back to discussing the best kinds of animal dicks?
>>
>>47848974

It's still better than Pathfinder which is utter garbage and full of unbalanced bullshit where wizards and fighters cannot even exist in the same campaign.

>>47848952

Only literal mongs go out to bars, you filthy drunken trainwreck. Bars are the most anti-intellectual place inmaginable. No wonder you think pathfinder is so great, the alcohol has dulled your mind so that you cannot even comprehend my superior intellect.
>>
>>47848925
While we're on the subject: could you talk to the guy who's making Arcforge and convince him to have mecha in it that aren't a class feature? I've been watching Vision of Escaflowne and really wanting some mecha in my Pathfinder, but in a way that isn't bizarre and nonsensical.

Also: are there any plans to make an actual book, or do anything else with Akasha?
>>
>>47849034
Oh man, Temple of the Frog. Loved that one.

>>47848972
I'm gonna level with you, it's been so long since I've read 'em that I'm gonna need some time (and annoyed librarians) to dig 'em back up. I'll get back to you. Or eat crow. One of the two.
>>
Is Carrion Crown any good?
>>
File: 300px-Perseus.jpg (17 KB, 300x283) Image search: [Google]
300px-Perseus.jpg
17 KB, 300x283
>>47848849
Hilarious fact for you (but let's keep it quiet for our retarded friend here)

5e DMG has assault and energy weapons

Pic related, it's literally perseus
>>
>>47848989

Are you fucking retarded? No it isn't.

>>47848990

I don't need to read your shitty books. ROBOTS ARE NOT FANTASY. THEY ARE SCI FI. That is all you need to hear.
>>
File: megachessatron.jpg (56 KB, 499x572) Image search: [Google]
megachessatron.jpg
56 KB, 499x572
>>47849075
We need giant robots to fight the kaiju. Also more kaiju.
>>
>>47849034

If Greyhawk had that shit then it was not a fantasy setting, it was sci-fi, and it can get the FUCK out. It's been abadoned anyway, and I am lolling my ass off because both it and Dragonlance were shitty-ass settings and I hope the people who wrote them die and are forgotten. Gygax is already dead.

>>47849043

Did you just post a literal google search URL you fucking moronic newfag idiot?
>>
>>47848954
In the nearly two years since its release, the only new content has been adventure paths farmed out to third parties and a sourcebook about Faerun's most boring region. And there doesn't seem to be anything on the horizon. The chucklefucks at WotC were too lazy to even finish the game before they released it, and they're too lazy to add anything new to it after doing so.
>>
>>47849091
Fantasy

Noun.

"the faculty or activity of imagining impossible or improbable things."

Scifi falls into the definition of fantasy. And if it doesn't, that's because it's close enough to reality to be plausible.
>>
>>47848862
>>47848932

noun, plural fantasies.
imagination, especially when extravagant and unrestrained.
the forming of mental images, especially wondrous or strange fancies; imaginative conceptualizing.
a mental image, especially when unreal or fantastic; vision:
a nightmare fantasy.
Psychology. an imagined or conjured up sequence fulfilling a psychological need; daydream.
a hallucination.
a supposition based on no solid foundation; visionary idea; illusion:
dreams of Utopias and similar fantasies.
caprice; whim.
>>
>>47849075
Arcforge is no longer my responsibility or concern. I'd suggest contacting Ssalarn in his threads or via PM.

As for Akashic Mysteries, the complete book should be out within the month. Should be. You know us and punctuality though.
>>
>>47849118

Yeah it's plausible so it's NOT FANTASY

HOW FUCKING RETARDED ARE YOU

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I AM SO PISSED AT YOU MORONS TROLLING ME AT 11:30 AT NIGHT I HAVE TO WAKE UP FOR WORK TOMORROW

CAN YOU PLEASE JUST ACCEPT THAT ROBOTS

ARE

NOT

FANTASY

AND STOP PRETENDING THEY ARE FOR THE SAKE OF TROLLING? BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU ARE WRONG AND I CAN TELL AND IT IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF

I JUST SMASHED MY FUCKING HAND INTO MY DESK LIKE TEN TIMES BECAUSE I HAD IT WITH THIS SHIT

GOOD NIGHT, AND FUCK YOU
>>
>>47849027
Nah >you gain an increased +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make using the selected weapon from an associated weapon group.

You gain the bonus to all weapons from the group, I should edit it to be clearer, as well as add that you take it as a feat to another weapon group

Unsure if I should also make it so you could take a feat for the weapon group you've already selected and name it forte or something (name pending), for more delicious stacking

Also, will be consolidating more feats, so more critiques please
>>
>>47848997
You'd think so, but I've seen Dungeon World fans who act the same way and are completely serious.
>>
>>47849116
>implying 5th edition was not just a way to draw out their jobs because they are too poor to retire.

They aren't even trying at this point.

>>47849118
>>47849128
Stop engaging the bad troll. It isn't funny or interesting anymore.
>>
>>47848305
Out of character? Not at all, that's actually pretty interesting. And you're making sure it doesn't put you over WBL compared to your party, so I see nothing wrong as long as you're not making the GM spend extra time playing this out for you (just hand-waving it as happening in the background, for example).

In character? It's a big douchey. I mean, not only is it pretty fucked up to act like you get to decide who is corrupt and who isn't and then steal from them, but you've outsourced that to your pet? That's... that's pretty fucked up.

But jumping back to out-of-character, it makes for an interesting character and, eventually, an interesting story when your party finds out. Definitely a character worth playing. Not every protagonist has to be a perfect beacon of justice and righteousness, after all.
>>
>>47849023
Actually the relative level of development of a setting doesn't matter. If it's not a true story it's fantasy.

Whether that's a porn scene in your head, tolkien, bible, star trek or trump's claims of a wall, it's ALL fantasy.

Y'all should feel really silly for arguing words you don't know the definition of.
>>
>>47849145
Dude, for your sanity and everyone else's, could you go outside and take a breather

This is just a game, and we're playing a game of pretend
It's a game
>>
>>47849091
I think mommy should put you to bed and give you your meds.
>>
>>47849130
Pretty sure it's stopped being his, too. The thread on GitP has been dead over a week.
>>
Does anyone else have a serious problem with WBL?
>>
>>47849148

Dungeon World is a fantastic game and anyone who thinks Pathfinder even holds a candle to it, is a fucking retard. But then what else do I expect from a bunch of powergamers... I don't know why I even come to this general anymore.

Anyway, you guys should read this article and educate yourselves:

http://www.theweem.com/2013/06/how-dungeon-world-ruined-things/
>>
>>47849154
>It's a big douchey.
"...a bit douchey.", I mean.
>>
File: woah.jpg (11 KB, 299x274) Image search: [Google]
woah.jpg
11 KB, 299x274
>>47849176
what, like, some kind of "fantasy"?
>>
>>47849176

Nah you go take a breather and breath in some fucking chlorine gas and die, maybe injected into you by one of those fucking robots you love so much you fucking prick.

I hope your Pathfinder books get cola spilled all over them.
>>
>>47849146
That's way powerful
>>
>>47849145
>Smashed my hand into my desk like ten times

You used that same line like, yesterday. At least be original.

Oh, also.

a genre of imaginative fiction involving magic and adventure, especially in a setting other than the real world.

synonyms: myth, legend, fable, fairy tale, romance; science fiction, sci-fi, horror; sword and sorcery; escapism

And I don't know about you, but plenty of my fantasies involve robots.

>>47849150
Oh, but it's fun.
>>
>>47849211
It's too low for martials, about right for initiators, much too high for full casters, and some parts of it like tech costs are fucked up.

Other than that, whatever do you mean?
>>
>>47849214
>I don't know why I even come to this general anymore.
Neither does anybody else. So, y'know... go away.
>>
>>47849154
If I do it correctly the party will never know what happened in character. The Eidolon is very good at its job, +23 to stealth at level 2. It'll get better as time goes on.
>>
>>47849236
But robots capable of doing that to him are just fantasy.

We don't have real ones yet.
>>
>>47849211
Oh, that's that thing people had to put up with before Automatic Bonus Progression, right? Wow, that brings back memories...
>>
File: warfan.png (271 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
warfan.png
271 KB, 960x544
Druid Skinshaper (for Unarmed Strike damage)
Ascetic Style
War fan

Would it work like this?
>>
File: 1466261602966.jpg (69 KB, 350x445) Image search: [Google]
1466261602966.jpg
69 KB, 350x445
>>47849236
>>
>>47848717
I don't particularly agree with it just being ray (there's lots of ranged and melee spells that use an attack roll), but then I also don't really like WF applying to spells in the first place, since they already have feat support to make them more difficult to deal with.

>make EWP only apply to a certain number of weapons
That's complicating the point unnecessarily, in my opinion. I'd rather it be a spent proficiency feat for exotic weapons that fit weapon groups, since the actual use of them overlaps with "simpler" weapons.

Mind, I'm also using the 2e(?) version of proficiencies, so BAB determines the number of weapon groups a character has proficiency with, rather than "martials get simple and martial, 6th-level casters have a hodgepodge, and 9th level casters only get simple", so that should probably be mentioned as well.

More clearly, full BAB classes get 4 groups, 3/4 get 3, and 1/2 get 2.

That way, it's still a feat that can be taken if the party comes across a weapon none of them can use, but it also allows, say the Magus to have a falcata without blowing a feat, while Barbarians might be proficient with elven branch spears or something.
>>
>>47849250
It's so fucking gamey and stupid.
>>
>>47849255
>If I do it correctly the party will never know what happened in character.
If you do it correctly they'll find out someday, because that's what makes it an interesting story. I mean, it's not like you have a secret mission to send X amount of gold back home, do you? The whole point of this is that it's an interesting part of the character, why bother if you don't plan to use it to tell an interesting story?

In-character, I understand why you'd want to keep it a secret, but out-of-character, you're gonna have to work out how somebody can find out eventually, otherwise this character-defining detail becomes nothing more than a boring little sentence on some piece of paper somewhere.
>>
>>47849329
>The whole point of this is that it's an interesting part of the character, why bother if you don't plan to use it to tell an interesting story?
Because my character would rather them not know. Out of character I am not going to work towards something my character would not do. If they find out it is due to my own failings.
>>
File: Cats are cool I guess.png (199 KB, 618x883) Image search: [Google]
Cats are cool I guess.png
199 KB, 618x883
So /pfg/, I'm looking at the magical child trying to see how much of it I can salvage, and I want to know: What kind of familiar should a magical girl archetype get, and how much focus should be put on it? I know magical child puts TOO MUCH focus, but aside from "has a familiar" and "regains spells by communing with familiar" I got nothing. Is giving a familiar the Sage archetype without the drawbacks a worthwhile thing to trade regular features for?

Also, tell me about your familiars, normal and improved. What kind of things did you do with them? Which one was your favorite?
Did you do anything like that sorcerer from a few threads ago?
>>
>>47849324
Conceptually, as a stopgap it's not bad.

It acknowledges -if quietly- the fact that the design fucked up, that X amount of magic items with a certain recommended spread is REQUIRED of character progression, lest their (equally shaky) CR system be several bowling-lanes off target.

They got it wrong, of course, but you can see the idea behind "well shit, uh, hold on, let's calculate roughly how much the 'usual gear' they're going to need is worth..."
>>
I wish you double niggers would stop replying to this guy, he can't help being a kid but you faggots can stop encouraging him.
>>
File: MajestyTitleCard.jpg (66 KB, 329x204) Image search: [Google]
MajestyTitleCard.jpg
66 KB, 329x204
I'm trying to adapt the pantheon from Majesty: Fantasy Kingdom Sim for use with Pathfinder. Maybe you guys can give me some ideas?

Krolm, the god of barbarians, at the top and creator of the world, but disliked by the other gods.

Lunord, his son, sister of Helia and father of the other gods. God of night and the moon and also wind.

Helia, Krolm's daughter, brother of Lunord and mother of the other gods (yes, incest). Goddess of the sun and fire and women.

Agrela, the goddess of healing.
Krypta, the somewhat benevolent goddess of death and undeath.
Dauros, the god of law and patron of paladins
Fervus, the god of chaos, nature and plants and patron of druid.

And Grum-gog, the Lord of Pestilence, god of goblins.
>>
>>47849377
Honestly, the most annoying thing about VirtualOptim is his name getting shortened to Virt, which is the handle of a fucking great composer.

He did the music for stuff like Mighty Switch Force, the newer Shantae, and Ducktales Remastered.

https://youtu.be/rmLjdRaVxXg
>>
File: 1466300819532.jpg (145 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
1466300819532.jpg
145 KB, 1111x597
>>
>>47849366
My favorite familiar was the "space owl" I had as a Heavens Shaman. The rest of the party was creeped out by it, especially when it rotated its head to look at them with its eyeless, starry face.
>>
File: PZO1133-Encantado.jpg (128 KB, 673x1000) Image search: [Google]
PZO1133-Encantado.jpg
128 KB, 673x1000
>>47848641
Why would you post a rip when there's a regular image of it right on their stupid website?
>>
>>47849468
Owls are great.

Especially robot owls.
>>
>>47849292
Joost?
>>
>>47849362
Well, that's your choice, but you're wasting a great opportunity.
>>
This is how you play a tank in d&d

DESCRIPTION:
Colossal Land vehicle
Squares 96 (40 ft. by 60 ft.; 25 feet high)
DEFENSE
AC 2; Hardness 10
hp 1,920 (959)
Base Save +3
Special Inside the tank, the crew has improved cover, granting them a +8 bonus to AC and a +4 bonus on Reflex saves.
OFFENSE:
Maximum Speed 90 ft.; Acceleration 30 ft.
Weapons One 6 pounder gun in the upper turret that can fire to the front, rear, and both sides of the tank; one machine gun in the belly-mounted turret that can fire to the front, rear, and both sides of the tank; and two machine guns in sponsons on the sides of the tank (one on each side) that can only fire out the side of the tank that they are mounted on and cannot fire to the front or rear.
Attack 6 pounder +10 (8d6+1/×3), 3 machine guns +11/+6 (2d8+6/×4)
Attack ram 8d8
CMB +8; CMD 18
STATISTICS:
Propulsion alchemical (4 squares of diesel engines on either side of tank; hardness 10,; hp 80)
Driving Check Craft (alchemy) or Knowledge (engineering) +10 to the DC
Forward Facing The tank's forward
Driving Device throttle and two levers to steer the tank
Driving Space a single 5-foot-by-5-foot square in the middle deck that contains the tank's driving device
Crew 4; 10 soldiers crew a tank and operate its weapons. Three soldiers crew the 6 pounder gun in the upper turret, while the three machine guns in the belly turret and the side sponsons are each crewed by one soldier.
LOAD:
Decks 3; The middle deck contains the 30-foot-by-10-foot crew compartment (including the driving square) with a 5-foot square machine guns on on each side. The lower deck is a 5-foot square inside the belly-mounted machine gun turret. The upper deck is a 10-foot-square turret. The decks all have small armored slits serving as windows (treat as arrow slits) that provide improved cover to the crew within.
Passengers 6 gunners
>>
File: 1459642705336.png (634 KB, 719x1078) Image search: [Google]
1459642705336.png
634 KB, 719x1078
>>47848668
>>
>>47849507
It will come up eventually that I have a terrorist cell, but the players will likely never know where I actually acquired all the funds to pay for it.
>>
>>47849494
The best Joost
>>
File: 1415420733931.jpg (76 KB, 354x524) Image search: [Google]
1415420733931.jpg
76 KB, 354x524
hey /pfg/
I'm stuck on making a backstory for my tiefling.
She's Oni-spawn/Hungerseed (which the DM confirmed was fine/not too special snowflake), and I can't come up with basically any ideas why she would be on a continent other than tian-xia, and basically everything about her beyond the fact that she channels her racial hate of basically everything into purging monsters. I realize that being an adventurer was her best bet for lessening the general "fuck tieflings" mentality the average NPC has, but beyond that I'm kinda stuck.
Thoughts?
Pic only tangentially related.
>>
>>47849597
Tieflings are mention to pop up suddenly in the family lines, even if the outsider parent was many generations ago and neither of the parent had tiefling traits. Your character could have distant tian xia ancestry.
>>
>>47849597
If she's a monster hunter, maybe she hunted a monster that liked to wander? Something suitably big and dangerous, so "Eh, it left, good enough." wouldn't cut it. Maybe that's how she met the party, after she tracked it to wherever the main campaign is going to happen and enlisted some local help to take it down.

The hard part is getting her off-continent, once that's done coming up with a reason to stay is easy. It can even be something as simple as "Hey, these other adventurers are pretty cool, I'll hang with them for a while."
>>
File: Bazaar_by_Tony_Diterlizzi.jpg (957 KB, 843x1100) Image search: [Google]
Bazaar_by_Tony_Diterlizzi.jpg
957 KB, 843x1100
>>47849597
Well how about NOT being all about "venting the hate" or "fighting the darkness inside" and other dumb shit? You might as well be saying it's good roleplaying for a black character to be resisting the call of Hos and Stealing shit.

Tiefling just means somewhere in your lineage, usually at the grandparent or great-grandparent level, someone was a lower-planar.

That's it.

It could've been some sappy as fuck romance, or an utterly boring marriage of convenience with some resulting hybrid heirs, it could've been anything. And you're not even the direct result of it anyways, THOSE offspring then went and had lives of their own, and maybe gave birth to you in the end as a result, or more likely gave birth to one of your parents.

Shit's kinda detached.
>>
File: PlateFace.jpg (11 KB, 460x261) Image search: [Google]
PlateFace.jpg
11 KB, 460x261
>>47849473
Because I grabbed it out of my PDF?
>>
File: candy.jpg (445 KB, 640x2104) Image search: [Google]
candy.jpg
445 KB, 640x2104
>>47849712
Pic unrelated, but Tony DiTerlizzi's art for Planescape was amazing.
>>
>>47849645
Hm, alright.
That probably works a lot better.

>>47849661
considering I'm coming in during the middle of the campaign, my best idea for why I'm suddenly there was "the person who hired them/sent them out heard one of them died, and sent two others as backup" which doesn't seem bad.

>>47849712
Sorry, I really don't know why I get stuck on making cliche characters.
really, what I'm worst at is making why they're adventuring/why they're that style of adventurer in the first place.
I blame my old groups, they put approximately 0% effort in character creation beyond the numbers.

Main reason I put that whole deal about channeling hate is because I personally really just like slaying monsters, more so than the looting or aiming for power/prestige/magic that i see characters do here on /tg/.
>utterly boring marriage of convenience
There's no way in hell I'm not taking this now, though.
>>
What's a good second class for a Paladin gestalt character?
>>
>>47849801
Sorcerer.
>>
>>47849801
Paladin is a good defensive class. Any other charisma based class helps. Sorcerer & Oracle are the best.

If you want to focus on melee an Orc bloodline sorcerer would be your bed. A metal/battle/dark tapestry oracle are your best bets for melee there. If you want casting from that side then either would be a good option.

People can make bards work, but honestly Bard and Paladin don't work great together.

Paladin and Summoner similarly do not have much synergy.
>>
>>47849775
Pic related is amazing
>>
File: 1369112241786.png (167 KB, 657x626) Image search: [Google]
1369112241786.png
167 KB, 657x626
>>47849597
All you have to do is explain how oni or oni-spawn ended up in not-tian xia. Refugees? Plane shift accident? Relic with a bound one grabbed by the pathfinders? Do you have a nationality picked out? Pay just as much attention to the non-oni side of things.
>Ulfen halfbreed slowly grinding up honor the best way she knows how, atop a mountain of the tribe's enemies
>Daughter of a world traveller, surprisingly knowledgeable about various lands
>Grew up an abandoned tiantown urchin in absalom, can cook a rat twenty different ways
>Begrudgingly raised by militaristic parent after a dalliance that involved the hungerseed Alter Self ability; Duty harshly imprinted onto her to keep dat demonness in check
>Raised by hidden hungerseeds, left to make her own way as her own person to avoid 'cowardice'

Here's another odd question, /pfg/. Would you allow someone to gain the aasimar or tiefling template with a plot arranged ritual, or without direct biological intervention of outsiders earlier in the family line?
Like, tieflings being born from women near the hellknight's magic shit dump, or a favored paladin being anointed with freely given angelic blood.
>>
Is there any way for a magus to restore arcane pool, like a swashbuckler can with panache?
>>
>>47849775
This is from a slice-of-life anime, right?
>>
>>47849944
Well, there is getting a wyroot weapon, which is a melee weapon made entirely of wood or a melee weapon with a wooden haft. Constructing a wyroot weapon that can hold 1 point increases the weapon’s price by 1,000 gp, constructing one that can hold up to 2 points increases the weapon’s price by 2,000 gp, and constructing one that can hold up to 3 points increases the weapon’s price by 4,000 gp.
>>
>>47849944
Bladebound lets you gain pool points by killing foes, but that doesn't come online until really late. Like, level 19 late.
>>
>>47849991
Okay, that might be what I need. If I'm reading this right though, if you don't have a point stored in your weapon then when you crit you'll absorb a point and deal no damage?
>>
>>47849775
Whatever happened to writing in RPGs like this?
>>
>>47850027
People decided they need to be srs bidness.
>>
File: 1465906255850.gif (103 KB, 250x209) Image search: [Google]
1465906255850.gif
103 KB, 250x209
>>
>>47850026
Yes, exactly.
>>
File: 1368312388054.jpg (320 KB, 702x1024) Image search: [Google]
1368312388054.jpg
320 KB, 702x1024
>>47850027
Takes time, money, and effort.
Also good writers and letting people take chances.
I also think size of the teams is important, and how much interference happens; the fewer people, the more actual personality shines through. The problem is that tends to cause love it or hate it reactions, and blanding it out makes more people buy it because there's less negative responses.
>>
>>47850071
Hm, might not work then.

My basic idea is a level 7 Magus with the Arcane Accuracy Arcana and the Elven Battle Focus feat, giving him INT to damage and INT to hit if he spends a point. The problem is that he'll run out of points eventually.
>>
>The Magus/Slayer in my party keeps trying to hit on Livia

She's trying to defile a bard-a-din what do i do.
>>
>>47850276
Defile them first to show dominance.
>>
>>47850276
What's Livia think of 'im?
>>
>>47850335
Doesn't hate them, but they're basically a -bandit- or a -mercenary- fine an an erstwhile comrade, but as a lover? No.

>>47850323
2lewd4bardadins
>>
/pfg/, what's the best way to build Geralt?
>>
>>47850276
Are you comfortable with romance in your game? Is the player mature enough to handle it? If so, then let them have a romance. Despite the religious bent, there is nothing in the Paladin's code against relationships or sex.

Are you not comfortable with romance in your game, say so, and ask the player to stop.
>>
>>47850384
>>47850368 wasn't up when I posted. If you think there's a legitimate reason she wouldn't be interested, then again, just explain that to him... only in this case, do so in-game, NPC to PC.
>>
So I need to send around large amounts of mercenaries. To do this I am using Greater Teleport.

Each time I do this I need to pay for the return trip of the caster, so I get the following:

7*(number of passengers)+2*10, the two being the caster going there and back. Meaning with a minimum level caster for the spell I get 13 per (level 14, and he comes back with a CL1 Greater Teleport). This costs 1050gp.

Using this as a base for travel costs I then try and figure out the cost of mercenaries.

Elite Archers cost 380gp and Elite Soldiers cost 330gp. So 710gp for 10, and if 50% of soldiers fall into either category we consider it 71gp per soldier. With the 1050gp budget for 13 passengers that is 80gp 7sp 9cp per passenger.

This totals as 151gp 7sp 9cp per mercenary transported. This cost per goes down slightly if I can find a higher than level 13 wizard, and goes down greatly if I build capital to get the mercenaries (using downtime rules) rather than pay up front.

If I somehow find a CL20 teleport and always go by building capital the minimum cost is 112gp 8sp 7cp per mercenary.

Does these figures seem reasonable with the system? Honestly I am treading odd territory with this.
>>
>>47850380
>am also interested in this
>haven't even read the books or gotten through like 3 hours of the first game
what is wrong with me
why do i like making pop culture characters so much, even though I make sure I don't play them
>>
>>47850384
Depends on the Paladin really

A Paladin of Shelyn might place value on their chastity.
>>
>>47850441
>>47850380
Alchemist/Slayer multiclass. Uses feats for Martial Training for a few maneuvers and stances (out of eternal guardian for intimidate stuff). Uses slayer talents for minor magic.

He has bombs, potions, stances, martial skills, sneakiness, and more.

I would put Geralt are fairly high level. If it was level 12 I would sit him at Alchemist Toxicant 4/Slayer 8.
>>
>>47850659
I think it's also fairly reasonable for him to be a gerstalt character. Er. Gestalt.
>>
>>47850698
>Gestalt
>Gesalt
>Geralt
makes sense.
>>
>>47850698
Nah, then he would be too alchemist if he was a level 12 alchemist. Geralt has a hard time justifying most level 2 extracts.
>>
>>47849295
Good point on the ray, think I may just have to remove it entirely, as like you said >they already have feat support to make them more difficult to deal with

>rather it be a spent proficiency feat for exotic weapons that fit weapon groups, since the actual use of them overlaps with "simpler" weapons

Probably a better and more intuitive idea desu, and different BAB classes getting a number of different weapon groups is an intriguing idea

May have to factor that in somewhere

Back to editing and working on more feats then, and also will be fiddling with the Aldori Swordlord as well
Thanks heaps, will need to grab your opinions again
>>
>>47848641
Anon, it belongs to brazilian folklore.
No, really, Encantados are a thing in colonial folklore, in the line of chupacabras.
>>
Anything better than PCGen out there I'm not finding?
>>
>>47850751
He could be multiclassed between magic and alchemy on one side, and full levels of fighty stuff on the other?
>>
File: 5bc.png (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
5bc.png
35 KB, 625x626
>>47849214
>x is better than y, dissenters are idiots
Nobody is disagreeing, everyone is telling you to shut up and go away.

Not because your opinion is shit, but because you, specifically, are a piece of shit.
>>
File: image_0.jpg (48 KB, 500x432) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
48 KB, 500x432
>>47850855
Anon, you're beautiful and I love you but he left hours ago.
>>
File: 1411119986452.png (13 KB, 371x415) Image search: [Google]
1411119986452.png
13 KB, 371x415
>>47850781
Sure thing, man.
>>
File: uwo.jpg (8 KB, 121x138) Image search: [Google]
uwo.jpg
8 KB, 121x138
>>47850875
>he left hours ago
:^|

Well, maybe he'll stay gone this time. I didn't really read the whole thread.

That kind of brick-wall-argument just irks me...
>>
>>47850840
He has a very hard time working up enough magic to justify it. He has at best level 1 spells. Stuff like Charm Person, Burning Hands, Magic Missile, Sanctuary, and the like. These are just Major Magic rogue talents, not full spell casting.

Any more would not be Geralt. Most discoveries are not Geralt as well, which is why he should basically only have 2. His bombs should not be that great. He should have ranks in trap making and the ability to make potions. Profession (Bounty Hunter) should be on this skills as well, craft alchemy, survival, stealth, and the bunch (he is rather spread thin).

Even 6 level casting is too much, as is full extracts. If you want to make Geralt+ then sure.

Or perhaps level 6 with 4 alchemist & 2 bard (that gives up performances) on one side, and 6 slayer on the other.
>>
So Paizo is a SJW safe-space that's circling the Tumblr drain trying to out-pander itself.

I can only assume /pfg/ is exactly the same.
>>
>>47849075

You do know you can just buy them now, right?

There's even a feat for crafting them, though it's level 11+...
>>
File: 1412901888253.png (42 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1412901888253.png
42 KB, 625x626
>>47850946
>making a post like this
You're either new here, or pic is very much related.

I'm betting the latter, considering the shitfest upthread.
>>
>>47850946
Honestly I think /pfg/ over exaggerates it. They always shout how there are more transgendered and gay characters than straight. I can think of 4 total transgendered characters, and like 5 homosexual ones. They are in the minority of characters.

Hell the reason there are so many women in APs is because they don't like putting prominent male characters because they know their target demographic is mainly men and men actually like attractive female NPCs more than male ones.

The forums are terrible, the "lore posts" on the forums are terrible. What makes it into the books for fluff varies, but most of it isn't actually infuriating. Hell they even came out an apologized about the Iomedae thing.
>>
>>47850994
they should know the real target demographic is /tg/

more fuckbois and traps.
>>
File: AmazingPathfinder.jpg (158 KB, 500x768) Image search: [Google]
AmazingPathfinder.jpg
158 KB, 500x768
Last session was excruciating slow.
I am GMing the fourth module of Iron Gods, the party had to split for enter into the Mi-Go layer by the lack of HEV suits and air filters or similar gear since the caverns are fucking toxic.
The members of the party that got into the caverns stay in touch with those outside by commset, they finally collide with the dungeon's boss, a cleric of Shub-Niggurath Mi-Go.
The cavern in which this fungus alien is located haves almost its entire floor covered by a toxic sludge that works as 15 feet deep quicksands.
Since there is no one able to cast mass water walk there are severe mobility problems. Mi-Go cleric uses this in its advantage. Everyone derps out when a massive wall of thorns divides the cavern and separates the oracle and her sorcerer cohort from the gunslinger and warpriest.

The problems here were:
-Players are not used to play characters above level 7.
-Warpriest player thinks that Pathfinder is a MMORPG and made his character a healbot which doesn't work in advanced dungeon situations.
-Gunslinger hasn't check other possible magical gunpowder weapons or magic bullet options and is still armed with a flintlock that does magical electric damage.
-Oracle fights like was a Paladin. Now is irradiated and in critical condition.

I am starting to hate Roll20.
>>
File: 1431875012904.png (1 MB, 1366x714) Image search: [Google]
1431875012904.png
1 MB, 1366x714
>>47850946
No, not the same. Some might even say the Reverse.
>>
>>47851113
>warpriest
>healbot

forwhatpurpose.jpg

The whole purpose of being a warpriest is swift action self buffs.

>Gunslinger hasn't checked shit

So suggest it to him

>Oracle fights like a paladin

Can be completely fine depending on Oracle Mystery and Curse.
>>
>>47851145
I don't want you pop a vein but if it gives a hint the Oracle player now wants to retire his PC for play a tiefling sorcerer with the dragon disciple prestige class.
>>
>put players up against a Warrior VMC cavalier PrC Chevalier

He needs to be level 12, what PrC would be good after Chevalier? I'm trying to weaken the character because he started in a NPC class.
>>
File: Top Snek.png (502 KB, 1000x1102) Image search: [Google]
Top Snek.png
502 KB, 1000x1102
So what sort of things would you want to see homebrewed, friends?

Or alternatively, what'cha already brewing?
>>
>>47851234
>started in an NPC class
>weaken him

Maybe don't do VMC? Standard NPC classes with NPC wbl are generally a normal fight at the same level, maybe even an easy one.

Especially if it's the one guy vs the whole party. Don't underestimate the influence of action economy.
>>
>>47851238
Initiating voyageur archetype.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/4-winds-fantasy-gaming/voyageur

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyageurs
>The voyageurs were regarded as legendary, especially in French Canada.[5] They were heroes celebrated in folklore and music. For reasons of promised celebrity status and wealth, this position was very coveted. James H. Baker was once told by an unnamed retired voyageur:

>I could carry, paddle, walk and sing with any man I ever saw. I have been twenty-four years a canoe man, and forty-one years in service; no portage was ever too long for me, fifty songs could I sing. I have saved the lives of ten voyageurs, have had twelve wives and six running dogs. I spent all of my money in pleasure. Were I young again, I would spend my life the same way over. There is no life so happy as a voyageur's life! [6][7]

L E G E N D A R Y
>>
File: 1453927798366.png (78 KB, 253x235) Image search: [Google]
1453927798366.png
78 KB, 253x235
>>47851276
Oh, Anon.
>>
>>47851187
Thats fine, Dragon Disciple Sorcs can actually be quite effective. Think of them as natural attacking and 3/4th casting chars

Dragon Bloodline is one of the better ones by default, plus it includes good feats. Tieflings are VERY good at it if they're Demon Spawn

He should consider going Eldrich Heritage into Abyssal Bloodline as well, for sick flavor AND strength buffs, as well as more claw time. Claw time is always good. Especially since dragon disciples rely on them so hard.
>>
>>47851258
He isn't supposed to be an easy fight, but isn't supposed to simply pop a player.
>>
>>47851322
I am so annoyed that even DD doesn't let them have claws permanently.
>>
>>47850994
It's not that there are too many, it's that their portrayal is insulting and stereotypical.

In a world with magic, it makes no sense for a person to identify as trans and frankly, I don't care what the sexuality of an NPC is unless I'm trying to bang them.
>>
>>47851336
Its silly. DD time should at least scale with level
>>
>>47851238
A feat or archetype for Magus to be able to use Spell Combat with 2h weapons like an axe, hammer, or greatsword...
>>
>>47851348
claw time i mean fuck
>>
>>47851355
Mindblade
>>
>>47851322
We will see how good that new character does against the ugothokra and the neh-thalggu later.
>>
>>47851342
Most NPCs sexual preference aren't states unless relevant (a target for PC affection or has a partner in the picture). It's Iconics that just have them always stated in their back stories.
>>
>>47851336
It's pretty dumb but there are ways to get around it

Eldrich Heritage-ing into Abyssal doubles it, which should cover you (claws are a free action, so any turn in which they don't use them it shouldn't tick down, and they should be doing casting/other shit many rounds)

Mmm.. Fuck now I kinda want to build one next time I get a chance in my Gestalt Game
>>
Have you ever been proud of your party, /pfg/? Today they got a golem set to kill anything that touched a chest to kill itself by bashing it telekinetically with said chest
>>
>>47851326
In that case, a player class with NPC wbl should suffice, especially if you play him smart.

I'll repeat myself: single enemies vs a group of 3+ players will always need an advantage to be more than a slightly irritating fight. Dragons are a good example of this, as they are rarely fought in groups.
>>
>>47851355
I suppose 'having an extra arm' doesn't quite solve the problem in the way you wanted, eh?
>>
>>47850781
>>47849295
Giving them more one weapon group based on BAB will give them way too many proficiencies

Have them take a feat to obtain more weapon group proficiencies
>>
>>47851428
The other side of the problem is that the gay couples that do exist are always idyllic or have the players rescue one of them while straight couples have one of the pair dead or evil/abusive.

Biggest problem I have with Paizo is they claim to be inclusive, yet they have never had a gay character be anything but an ally or friend to the players. I wouldn't mind seeing a gay couple working together as villians.
>>
What would be the best thing to Gestalt with a sorc > Dragon disciple anyways
>>
>>47851634
Paladin or Antipaladin would be good.

Maaaaaaybe Swashbuckler, if claws count as onehanded piercing or slashing. Since it's Gestalt, I mean.
>>
Anons, question about bows.

Do you hold a bow in both hands, or hold it in one but use it with both?

Like, obviously you take a hand off of the bow to grab an arrow to fire with, and you can do that a few times per round.

By the same rationale, could you draw and fire an arrow, and then draw and throw a knife, using the TWF rules? I know you can TWF a bow and unarmed strikes / armor spikes / that helmet thing, and you can add natural attacks to a full round of bow shooting, so I think you should be able to do this as well. Thoughts?
>>
>>47851634
Paladin, Warlord, and Vigilante are all decent options.
>>
>>47851678
ugh if i play another Paladin i might cut myself.

claws are B/S, but they are one handed.

>>47851719
I've been itching to do something with Warlock Vigi too
>>
>>47848551
just because you're completely jaded and desensitized doesn't mean everyone in the world is.
>>
>>47851715

RAW you'd need quick draw, but otherwise yeah.
>>
>>47851727
Swash might fit the bill then.

For all its flaws, it makes an alright gestalt side. It'd give you full BAB, precise strike would let you get more out of your claws, and memes aside, having charmed life is better than not having it, especially if you're as CHA heavy as a sorcerer.

Vigilante would work quite nicely though. Lethal Grace would let you pump Dex for all that dodgy and hitting goodness, while the str bonuses from DD still contribute to your damage.

Your vigilante identity could even be dragon-themed.
>>
>>47851774
Isn't the hand treated as occupied for that round though? Same reason you can't TWF with a twohanded weapon and an unarmed strike, because that hand was 'used' on the twohanded weapon.
>>
>>47851727
How are you re: homebrew and Spheres of Power?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jNC6Z3p7AA-tjkBsp0lDuBT3YRoJQzOeqr9fuyF0QAk/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>47851796
not happening
>>
>>47848698
If it has magic, it's fantasy. Star wars is nothing but fantasy in space, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with scifi.
>>
File: 1444237342100.jpg (32 KB, 279x229) Image search: [Google]
1444237342100.jpg
32 KB, 279x229
>>47851802
Fair enough, 'aight.
>>
>>47851578
Yeah, make them take feats for that
>>
>>47851783
You actually can switch your hand on or off a weapon as a free action.
>>
>>47851777
"Precise Strike (Ex): At 3rd level, while she has at least 1 panache point, a swashbuckler gains the ability to strike precisely with a light or one-handed piercing melee weapon (though not natural weapon attacks), adding her swashbuckler level to the damage dealt. "

Fuck.
>>
>>47851824
Bollocks.

>>47851820
Yeah, but the hand was busy using the bow, which is the thing.
>>
>>47851838
Fire the bow.

Spend a free action.

Take your hand off the bow.

Quickdraw the knife.

TWF throw the knife.
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/chaneque
>CR 1
>can come in a gang of 2-6

>ranged attack at +5 (1d4+3 damage) and then DC 14 Will save for Dominate Person

>AC 15 and HP 19
>Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +5
>flight
>DC 13 fear aura and Fear SLA

>Stealth +13, or in trees, +17

CR 1. Why is this allowed?
Fairies. Not even once.
>>
>>47851848
Using TWF doesn't change the amount of time you have in the round.

TWF is using two weapons to attack at the same time, thus fitting more into the same space.

By the same ruling, a man with one arm could TWF by swinging with his sword, dropping the sword, then punching, and somehow getting more attacks with it.
>>
>>47851727
>I've been itching to do something with Warlock Vigi too

Warlock is absolutely the wrong archetype for this. You're gonna want to go Avenger for the full BaB, and access to upgraded combat feats.
>>
>>47851634
Best? I would say Barbarian, you get the good hd, and it can put your Dragon Disciple boosts to good use.
>>
>>47851860
I mean, he can indeed do that.
>>
>>47851853
TBF, those things are Mythic, which makes them a cut above normal enemies.
>>
>>47851865
If he can do that, why can't he just swing with the sword more times? Or just punch as many times as TWF feats would let him?
>>
>>47851865
No he can't
>If you wield a second weapon in your off hand, you can get one extra attack per round with that weapon. When fighting in this way you suffer a –6 penalty with your regular attack or attacks with your primary hand and a –10 penalty to the attack with your off hand. If your off-hand weapon is light, the penalties are reduced by 2 each. An unarmed strike is always considered light.
So as you are weidling the weapon with two hands you can not be wielding an off hand weapon.
>>
>>47851880
Then why are they still CR 1?

The only mythic abilities they have are 1/day surge and Deadly Agility anyway.
>>
>>47851853
>CR 1. Why is this allowed?
>Using CR
I see where the root of your problem is.
>>
>>47851862
Yeah i'm aware of that

>>47851864
Not a bad choice.

I'm feeling an idea coming on

Barbarian/Sorc Dragon Disciple, take the Savage Barbarian PRC for boatloads of natural armor and AC, take the beast totem later for pouncing in with my Claws and Bite so i can RIP AND TEAR RIP AND TEAR THEIR GUTS.

I've been wanting to make a naked savage elf girl a-la bloodbraid elf for awhile, i think this gives me the chance (though it would be better to go half elf, obv)
>>
>>47851906
Just remember that DD is also natural armor AC.
Otherwise seems solid.
>>
>>47849075
Have you tried looking in the playtest doc? Robots can be crafted and bought. Have been for months. Vehicles too. Wait. Did you know vehicles are in it now too?
>>
>>47851911
Thats why its brilliant, because the DD's natural armor increase is an inherent increase, while savage is a natural armor bonus

Beast totem would actually be a really bad idea, basically a tax on two feats i don't care about to get to the one feat i do care about.
>>
>>47851796
I wanna homebrew some 3rd party classes I like into SoP. White Necromancer, Trickster, and stuff from Heroes of the Jade Oath
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.