[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The ideal party
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 1464116766992.jpg (65 KB, 555x503) Image search: [Google]
1464116766992.jpg
65 KB, 555x503
D&D 5e
>variant human cleric
>forest gnome wizard
>lightfoot halfling rouge
>mountain dwarf fighter

You cannot argue against this.
Also I couldn't find a relatable pic, here's best philosopher.
>>
>>47843650
Interesting, but consider this:

Any Edition
>What the players want to play
>>
D&D 2e
>Human Fighter dual classing to Mage at lvl 2
>Human Fighter dual classing to Mage after maxing Throwing Weapons
>Human Thief dual classing to Cleric after maxing Detect Trap
>Half-Elf Ranger/Cleric
>>
>>47843675
/thread
>>
>the manlet party composition
are you fucking serious OP?
>>
>>47843837
It's not my fault all the races that fit the good classes are manlet races.

>>47843675
This is for discussing the best possible composition using only 4 PCs. No one cares about your Mary Sue all drow ranger party.
>>
>>47843837
I rolled height for a variant human cleric today and got 6'2''
>>
>>47843650
The fighter would probably be better off a different race since mountain dwarf's racial ability is proficiency in something a fighter would already have
>>
>>47843650
>gnome
>halfling
>dwarf
when will they learn?
>>
>>47847156
Yes but the extra Constitution points goes a long way.
>>
>>47843790
I don't understand why the thief would prioritize Detect Trap when he could just cast the clerical spell Find Traps.

By "maxing" Throwing Weapons you mean weapon specialization, right?
>>
>>47843650
Easy.

Human Variant everything.
>>
>>47843650
What factors are in consideration?

Arbitrary "story" potential?
Tactical consideration in a fiction-first POV?
Tactical consideration in a D&D as Wargame POV?
Number of eyes?
Mean height?

My favorite arbitrary and non-explained party composition is :

>Fighting-Man
>Cleric
>Magic-User
>Dwarf
>Elf
>Hobbit
>>
>>47847413
Fuck off Elf, you're a species of manlets too.
>>
Now for truth
5e
-Human Tempest Cleric.
-Half-Elf Valor Bard (Lore is good too tho)
-Wood Elf(or Halfling) Archer Rogue (Arcane Trickster)
-Either an Ancients Paladin or a Battlemaster Fighter. Race isnt important at this point, but i'd say Hill Dwarf or the race not covered by the Rogue for variety.
>>
>>47850351
*Meant Mountain instead of Hill Dwarf
>>
>>47849635
Because Detect Trap also works for trap removal. And you can spam it on every door unrestricted by spell slots.

And yes, the specialization.
>>
>>47843650
Half Orc would be a good race choice for the Fighter or Cleric.
>>
>>47843790
>not 4 Elf Fighter/Mages with the Bladesinger kit
Suuuure.
>>
>>47843934
>I play a build instead of person
>>
>>47843675
words of someone who clearly never ran:
>3.5
>half tier 6, half tier 1 party
Seriously, try it.
>>
>>47851519
i remember my first time playing 3.5. i was a fighter. my friend was a druid.

frustration ensued.
>>
>>47851840
Funny.
My first time playing 3.5 I chose druid while my so-called veteran friend chose fighter.
He got mad when my dinosaur was a better melee fighter than him, and I could still cast all sorts of cool stuff. I didn't even minmax or anything, just chose whichever spells looked coolest for my 13 year old self.
>>
>>47843650
I've actually thought about making a Monk based on Diogenes for a while now. I'm just waiting on the right campaign to do it in.
>>
>>47851899
that's exactly what happened in my game. we had a dwarven alchemist thing (actual build is lost in the sands of time), a dual wielding half-orc warrior (me), a rogue of some sort (sands of time, etc.), and the druid.

druid player had played 3.5 before and knew about tiers, wasn't purposefully optimized, but between his spells and his cat was running circles around the rest of the party.

general malaise set in, until eventually good guy druid decided to suicide and re-roll as something closer in power level to the rest of the party.
>>
>>47851931
Cool dude. My lesson learned was: "you can either play martial or support caster, otherwise you're bound to be challenged by the mentally challenged party members"
I tend to favor sorcerers nowadays. Made one with levels in nightmare weaver(is that the name or the PrC?) and planar shepherd once. Setting enemies up for the Barbarian's coup'de'grace is cool, and doesn't completely null every other PC.
>>
>>47851912
So... you want to be That Guy ?
>>
>>47847050
>rolled a cleric who is King of the Manlets
>>
>>47843650
>wizard
>wizard
>wizard
>wizard
Doesn't matter which edition or setting.
>>
>>47852539
4th
>>
>>47843650
AD&D 1st edition:
Human Barbarian w/ Dart Specialization
Human Cleric
Dwarf Thief
Elf Magic-User

AD&D 2nd Edition:
Elf Bladesinger
Human Bard
Human Cleric
Human Barbarian w/ Dart Specialization

3.5:
Human Crusader w/ Spiked Chain
Warforged Totemist
Azurin Psion (Shaper)
Human Factotum

4E
Human Fighter
Half-Elf Bard
Eladrin Wizard
Elf Ranger
>>
>>47843650
>No paladin
>>
>>47843650
You disappoint me.
>Dwarf Fighter
>Elf Ranger
>Halfling thief
>Human Cleric
>Human magic-user
Also, 3 or 5 is the best party number.
>>
>>47843790
Why would a fighter dual-class to Wizard at level 2? The character still cannot cast spells in armor, right? Is this just for the hit points?
>>
>>47851931
>>47852026
I like to play T1 classes but with builds that are just here to satisfy one of my gimmicks.
One time I played a wizard (that began as a lvl1 rogue for flavor) and lost a lot of optimization filling all the hit dies of undead I could control with isitoqs.
>>
>>47843650
W R O N G

>Variant Human Devotion Paladin
>Tiefling Storm Sorcerer/Warlock
>Variant Human War Cleric
>Halfling Assassin Rogue
>>
>>47856973
If you have proficiency with armor, you can cast spells in it. There is no ASF anymore.
>>
File: thou what.jpg (92 KB, 800x999) Image search: [Google]
thou what.jpg
92 KB, 800x999
>>47843837
>>47852267
>manlet meme
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.