[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer Fantasy General WHFBG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
File: 1465152658285.jpg (123 KB, 854x1200) Image search: [Google]
1465152658285.jpg
123 KB, 854x1200
Warhammer Fantasy General: Gethsemane Rose Edition

Link to last thread: Old One: >>47797801

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the /tg/ wiki)

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: /vg/ for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufactures
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>Steam group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tgwhfb
>>
File: 1466230512564.jpg (16 KB, 225x287) Image search: [Google]
1466230512564.jpg
16 KB, 225x287
Shilling for the steam group again, feel free to talk come in and start conversation about fantasy lore or whatever you'd like.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tgwhfb
>>
File: wardancer.jpg (101 KB, 1024x937) Image search: [Google]
wardancer.jpg
101 KB, 1024x937
I want to spank a wardancer.
>>
>>47843556
Question: Multibasing, yay or nay in 9th age?
>>
HERESY! *NOM*
>>
>>47843805
Since units are much smaller, there isn't a lot of need for it.

Nothing against it though.
>>
/tg/, I have 2 weeks to run a short mini-campaign only a couple sessions long for a bunch of beginner-to-intermediate players in WFRP2. Could I pick your brains for ideas?
>>
>>47843946
How familiar are they with the setting?
>>
>>47844021
The blurb on the back of the corebook and the Dan Abnett short story within the corebook. One has read some Gotrek stories.
>>
>>47844075
Well, this lets you do a lot of shit, since PCs won't be quite as metagamey.

A skaven murder mystery is one idea. A mutual acquaintance of the PCs is killed. They meet up to get revenge, find that something's fishy, uncover and stop some plot.

How do you feel about pregenerated adventures?
>>
This list is probs not legal but w/e

Mono change list for 9th 2000pts
Sorc. Lord
Change
Lv4
Damonic idol
3rd eye
Lore of change

Herald bsb
Shield
Change

Sorc.
Lv 1 change
D.scroll

3 units of 17 warriors
Change full cmd

20 maraders
Shields
Change

10 horsemen maraders
Sheilds
Change

Hellcanon

More or less. May change things around.

Would like to run all warriors but peeps said bad idea
>>
File: 1335776639882.jpg (283 KB, 854x1200) Image search: [Google]
1335776639882.jpg
283 KB, 854x1200
>>47843946
How well do the players know the setting?

How familiar are you with the core-concepts of the setting?

In general, post Storm of Chaos, refugees and wanderers. People from all over-dwarves, elves, humans, halflings- all kinda shell shocked in a post-war setting where the battle is over, but dangers still lurk. Smaller villages have been wiped off the map, and mundane evils like brigands and monsters take hold just as much as residuals from a literal hoard of hell-borne, daemon worshiping doom-vikings being recently pushed back.

An apprentice wizard separated from his master, a dwarf seeking an honorable death after the horrors he's seen, an elf just trying to get home... Banding together to get to civilization, after having hell vomit on them.

Have fun.
>>
>>47844326
>How do you feel about pregenerated adventures?

Will gladly steal from them.
>>
>>47844364
>How well do the players know the setting?
Not very much at all, as >>47844075 pointed out here.

>How familiar are you with the core-concepts of the setting?
I understand that there's a grand empire with an emperor at its core and that Chaos constantly threatens it. So, basically, I've read the whole book board-to-board like three times, but not much else supplemental reading.

I like your ideas, guys, thanks.
>>
>>47844402
Let me recommend you at least skim Heirs of Sigmar, which covers the Empire in detail. Of course, feel free to ask other questions too.
>>
File: vUNVkyJ.jpg (1 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
vUNVkyJ.jpg
1 MB, 4128x2322
This is what the Treemen should have looked like.
>>
Are there any good documentaries about the Holy Roman Empire?
>>
>>47844905
Looks great from the front but I'd make sure to have his claws rest on some rock or branches so they don't snap.

Any pics from the side?
>>
>>47844905
I'm not sure what's present day ruling on cover, but this this just screams "modelling for advantage" at me.
>>
I'm new to warhammer fantasy and I want to start some bretonnians, will this be only suffering ?

Is it worth it to find the gw models ? I had my eye on the fireforge ones, anyone has opinions on them ?
>>
>>47849945
Fireforge works as long as you're good at cleaning mold lines.

You can usually find cheaper used miniatures on a forum called bartertown.

Brets are great.
>>
>>47849945
In 9th Brets are great. They're okay-ish in 8th.
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 600x620
How hard would it be to use https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/start-collecting-dark-eldar in 9th Age, after obtaining square bases?
>>
>>47850202
I would not recommend it. The full answer why is essay length.
>>
>>47851110
Okay.
Thanks.

I was tempted to get those years ago before I secided to invest in Fantasy, had a bit of a mania moment seeing them.
>>
>>47851160
If you like the models I would just buy them and use them in either 40K or an equivalent sci-fi skirmish game. Too little of it is useful in Fantasy, Dark Elves have no equivalents for half of that stuff, and people may get annoyed at having 40K rammed into their Fantasy. I think this is what you meant? If you like the rules there are may Dark Elf alternatives out there.
>>
>>47850202
There's no reason not too, if it's your thing.

9th age players are up for pretty much anything.
>>
>>47819603
Delicious delicious heretics.
>>
>>47847922
It would be fine on the KoW ruleset, since it's based on abstract lines of sight and sizes.
>>
>>47845930
I would also watch a good one.
>>
ded thread
>>
I see a lot of people talking about a post storm of chaos setting where order won and chaos got BTFO, but everyone is still recovering and there are vast tracts of devastation. But what if we advance the setting a couple centuries into the future and treat the averted endtimes the same way the Great War against chaos that Magnus fought in was treated in the present setting? What kinds of changes to the empire and its allies would we see? Has chaos become a serious threat again or does another faction assume the preeminent bad guy spot? Which characters from the Secjnd Great War against chaos are still alive? And what serious changes have become part of the status quo?

I had a few ideas, borrowing from storm of chaos but updated for 8th edition fluff

>the cult of Myrmidia has replaced the cult of Ulric in terms of importance. The high priest has an electoral vote
>the supreme patriarch of the colleges of magic also has an elector vote
>sylvania is its own independent nation and is currently the greatest threat to the empire. Many fortresses have been built around its border by both sides
>marienberg was reconquered by the empire, then invaded by a bretonnian crusade. It's currently split in half, east and West Berlin style
>bretonnia is near equal to the empire in strength, and has pushed into estalia and has multiple colonies in the new world
>Tilea underwent a revolution and United as a result of the Skaven uprising. They are currently an upstart power in the old world and are becoming a naval power to rival even Bretonnia
>the dark lands are mostly controlled by the orcs
>the chaos dwarfs lost many of their holds and most of them now live in the capital city where they have expanded it into an impenetrable fortress
>hashut now has human worshipers, who turned to him after the humiliation and retreat of the big 4. They replace the orcs who rebelled, and chaos dwarf armies are much larger and far reaching than before Thanks to hashut chaos warriors
>>
>>47844333
I don't play not-chaos but this seems pretty core-heavy to me. Aren't there any options in special or rare with better value that you could get instead of some of the warriors? What about chosen?
Also how are the warriors armed?
The list seems pretty slow. Why not take the + movement aura banner and maybe the BRB-movement banners as well?
I don't think the barbarians need the mark. I'd take it away and try to get barbs up to at least 25. They also could use a banner.
I'd also spilt the barb cav in two units. You need some chaff and they won't be winning many combats anyway.
If you need points, you coukld drop the lev 1 sorc and the barb cav. shields.
>>
>>47852301
>The war between the chaos dwarfs and the greenskins has been going on for centuries. The descendants of Grimgor and the immortulz, some of whom have been fighting for decades continuously, have become the massive subspecies of orcs known as the Ironhidez (Ironjawz but for fantasy and not in space ork power armor)
>Malekith was "killed" in his last attempt to invade Ulthuan. his soul was claimed by Ereth Khial to be her bride, but he was too powerful and became an elven deity in his own right. He is currently trying to regain his memories and escape back into the mortal world
>Naggaroth was split between Malus Darkblade, Hellebron and the Khaine cultists, and Morathi. All 3 factions hate each other
>without Malekith providing unity and structure, many dark elf corsairs have abandoned naggaroth altogether and seek to carve out their own realms across the world.
>Tyrion is Phoenix king, leaving Princess Eldyra to be the premier champion of Ulthuan. Teclis stepped down as high lore master and spends much of his time traveling the world
>Ulthuan launches invasions into Naggaroth, a reversal in roles not seen for thousands of years
>Karak 8 peaks has been reclaimed, and the dwarfs have been in the long process of making it habitable again
>The Tomb Kings have reconquered the southern half of the badlands, most of araby and are starting to push into the border princes.
>a looming Tomb King invasion is the modern (2752) equivalent of Archaons invasion
>albion is in full control of the lizardmen and has been entirely terraformed
>decades ago a massive Ogre migration nearly brought the empire to its knees. the diplomatic solution was to give many of the ogres territory in the middlemountians and the Drakwald forests, where they have much reduced the beastmen and Greenskin populations. The downside is that small scale ogre invasions from within must be repelled, Plus side, readily available mercenaries.
>>
>>47852465
>his soul was claimed by Ereth Khial to be her consort
fixed it. Based on this fluff piece in the dark elves rulebook
>>
File: WotDG.png (178 KB, 1721x532) Image search: [Google]
WotDG.png
178 KB, 1721x532
>>47844333
I just played around with AB a bit after my reply here >>47852395 (You).

How do you like pic related? Still three "warrior" blocks, but one the chosen pack more punch. Everything is way faster (mov 5 , mov 5 with tripple march and mov 6 warriors). You also still got two wizards as the chosen are a wizard conclave. They also buff your sorceror lords spells if you put him in that unit.
>>
>>47852862
Just noticed I messed up. That one warrior unit is supposed to have the +1 movement banner. The BSB is missing it's mark. This puts the list ba few points over but you can see what I was going for.
>>
File: 20160618020606_2.jpg (543 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160618020606_2.jpg
543 KB, 1600x900
How powerful is this bird?
>>
>>47852862
How do I set up and run the Army Builder?
>>
>>47853395
Run abldr22c.exe after borrowing/buying/pirating it, then it's just a matter of installing it like any other program.
>>
>>47853110

It's basically a dragon that's also the best wizard in the game while toting 100pts of magic items and an inherent ward save.
They are over 500pts and still manage to be worth it.
>>
>>47844905
Looks like the Moon Presence.
>>
So... Im trying to get into Warhammer and I've read about the End Times on the wiki and about the destruction of the world.

So what now? Is there any news about anything happening, or did GW just kill the piggy bank?
>>
>>47855905

Warhammer died.
It's never coming back.
Far more qualified people have remade it as a fan project and other than model support, it's better than ever before.

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/?simple-page/
>>
>>47855905
Officially Warhammer Fantasy has ended and its the Age of Sigmar now which of course nobody cares about, not even the Warhammer Total War Game
>>
File: shrug mokou.jpg (70 KB, 448x342) Image search: [Google]
shrug mokou.jpg
70 KB, 448x342
So I made a Poet career for WFRP 2e. Tell me what you think.

http://pastebin.com/NqNH8zv3
>>
>>47852301
I don't see Myrmidia replacing Ulric, Anonymous. Ulric is mostly a northern god, far out of the cultural reach of the Myrmidians, and down south Sigmarites are likely to react poorly to a foreign war god. Many of them may still dislike the Ulric cult, but Ulric was at least Sigmar's god.

I like the idea of Hashut ascendant. Estalia should be united around Magritta at this point. Perhaps what's left of Estalia is united with the new Tilea - desperation makes for strange bedfellows, but the hated Bretonnians are not to be borne.
>>
>>47854266
>best wizard in the game

meh
>>
>>47855905
Check the internet and/or local stores for warhamms games.

Many people are still playing 8th although I personally prefer 9th, the inofficial 9th edition.

For fluff and 8th edition rules you can find all the necessary books in the OP.

For 9th, just check their website (http://www.the-ninth-age.com), it has all the rules for free. There is also a map to find opponents although I'm not sure how many people use it.

Any further questions about fluff, rules, miniatures, just ask.
>>
>>47852301
>Humans worshiping Hashut
>>
Service Announcement:

Ogre Batallion on Last Chance. By far the cheapest way to start an Ogre army.
If you wanted Ogres, get them now before the Oggurs get you.
>>
>>47857010
RIP Ogres. Gonna get squatted like Bretonnia did.
>>
>>47857010
But mah gutz. Ogres were my fantasy first. I'll always remember.
>>
>>47857010
Just the battallion or are they getting squatted as well?
>>
>>47852862
Yooooo
I totally forgot about chosen.
I may end up dumping all of the maraders to beef up my warrior units.

As far as bsb herald and knights. Are they really better not taking the mark?
>>
>>47857450

Ogres always seemed like one of the most popular armies all the way through 8th so there's no way GW could be that retarded oh actually wait
At the very least I'd expect Mournfang, Monsters, Bulls and Ironguts to stay around. Yhetees, Gnoblars, Gorgers and Sabertusks on suicide watch. I'd expect the Maneaters to slowly trickle away one-by-one.
>>
>>47856242
Myrmidia isn't replacing Ulrinc in his lands, just in terms of importance as the number 2 war god of the empire. Her worship is mostly restricted to the Southern, more modernized cities and provinces, With Nuln and Talabheim being the sites of her most important shrines. The idea was that after the Second great war against chaos, the southern provinces saw that the bezerker nature of the Ulricans was at odds with how war was now being fought in the empire. Ulric is still worshiped in the north, but he is seen through the rest of the empire in the same way Taal, Mannan and the other imperial gods are seen. There definitely is tension between the churches of Sigmar and Myrmidia, though the cult of Sigmar is much more of a warrior organization than a catholic church stand in after the Luthorian Reforms.

Estalia and Tilea hate each other more than either of them hates Bretonnia, and have for a long time. the 2 nations are frequently at war with each other. Estalia is united at this point, but with Tilea and Bretonnia pushing into its lands, the New World colonies are becoming much more important. There are more estalians living in Nuevo Estalia than in the actual Eastalia.
>>
>>47843602
>>47843602
Would she cut off your penor if you did?
>>
>>47858137
How good are you at spanking?
>>
>>47857450
All battalions are being remived to be replaced with Start Collectinb sets.
>>
If I wanted to be a cunt today, where would the best place to download free WH fantasy ebooks be?
>>
>>47858611
The links in the OP, under resources.
>>
>>47852301
>>47852465

Chaos spread its line too thin and could not invade win against both the "good guys" and Nagash and company at the same time. The chaos gods feared Nagash and his plan the invade the plane of chaos itself so much they ordered Archaon and the Demonic Host to focus on Nagash, based in Sylvania. After the dust settles and the war is over, Nagash and Sylvania is so diminished that when a crusade of Empire and Bret forces descend on Sylvania Nagash decides to retreat to Khemri to formulate a plan against chaos, who was stronger than he thought. In his weakened state he could no longer keep the undead united and some Tomb Kings has decided to rebel, all the while rumours of a returned Settra spreads amongst the concious dead of the sands. The Sylvanian counts consider Nagash's retreat a betrayal and declares eternal enmity against the dark master. Forced to escape Sylvania they spread out across the realms, forming petty kingdoms everywhere they can find the dead bodies to do so. Many head to the shores of the old world to use the large number of dead seamen that litter the ocean floor in the shallow waters, hoping to rebuild underwater where the vengeful living cant reach them.

Ulthuan sank during the war, Malekith and Tyrion both electing to go down with the "ship" rather than abandoning what they have fought over for millennia. With Naggaroth in ruins after Malekiths gamble, the elves of both kinds that escape the Second Sundering are forced to return to the old world, rebuilding in the ruined former human cities of the empire. Some even venture into Brettonnia to reclaim the age old castles they owned during the war of the beard.
The Empire and Brettonnia weathered the chaos incursion fairly well, but losses were heavy in Sylvania and now the elves, recently expelled from Ulthuan, are making outrageous claims to human lands. Some local lords even report of full out sieges and attacks.
>>
>>47859006
The Dwarves reclaim Karak Eight Peaks and head west to reclaim the grey mountains from the destruction of a particularly nasty skaven campaign. The Lizardmen abandon Lustria and head east in their massive temple cities. Estalia, Tilea and the Border princes all experience unusually high growth rates on crops and forests, even finding plants hitherto unknown to human scholars.
Meanwhile straggler bands of marauders and chaos warriors are still devastating the countryside and smaller cities almost everywhere, Beastmen and cultist occasionaly open portals that summon deamons and minor greenskin waaaghs are found everywhere after the fall of Karak Eight Peak and Nagash subsequent wandering through the Badlands forced a large number of Orcs and Goblins west. To make matters worse, as the coffers were depleted during the war, large numbers of Ogre mercenaries, hired en masse by the Empire, are starting to become impatient at the lack of funding and several bands have taken to brigandry.
The Electorship of Sylvania is officially restored although mostly just formally as Sylvania is a particularly inhospitable land, but what was left of Marienburg has been taken over by a particularly large fleet of migrating elves. When the Emperor demanded the city, as is his right, Teclis, the new ruler of the city, refused. As there are far too many Elves to live in the ruins of Marienburg many elves have taken to "appropriating" nearby farm lands, and news of a large influx of elven raiding parties across the length and breadth of the old world leaves the fledgling elf nation and the two human kingdoms at the brink of all out war.
>>
>>47854266
>best wizard in the game
that doesn't look like a fat old toad to me
>>
How are empire soldier organized? From my understand you have autonomous almost mercenary bands all working together in an army. Each unit having the same equipment, for example you'd have the guns of Nuln, all with handguns instead of each unit having a front line and support.
>>
>>47859255
Or 7e Teclis as a runner-up. Or Mortarch Mannfred.
>>
Right. Finished assembling my Empire knights. On to the "To prime" shelf they go.
>>
File: gerog lucras.jpg (92 KB, 848x478) Image search: [Google]
gerog lucras.jpg
92 KB, 848x478
Why did they kill bretonnia?
>>
>>47859673
they don't realise that an inspiring army would sell like crazy with the right creative team.
>>
File: Lucas.jpg (53 KB, 615x356) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.jpg
53 KB, 615x356
>>47859673

>Archaon is the key to all of this. If we get Archaon working, cause he's a more anime character than we've ever had in Warhammer before...
>>
>>47844905
Ah yes, trees, known for crawling about instead of standing up straight.
>>
>>47858137
>she
>>
>>47860222
Kinda depends really. Loads of trees have more mass in the roots than in the parts you see
>>
hey guys, i've only played AoS, and only know about the "death grand alliance"

what's the difference between counts and tomb kings? why aren't they lumped together
>>
>>47860222
rule of cool. also checked
>>
>>47860278
walking trees are cool, though
>>
>>47860257
In AoS, Tomb Kings no longer exist, that's why.
In WHFB, Tomb Kings are the resurected corpses of ancient not!Egypt. One dynasty of not!Egypt found a way to achieve imortality through becoming vampires. They were hunted and killed by their countrymen and so they fled away. Fast forwrd a few millenias, they exist in some remote places outside of Egypt and one province of the Empire was at some point ruled over by a lineage of vampires.

They use different kinds of magic and have different goals.
>>
File: Defenders_sons_wallpaper.jpg (457 KB, 1200x898) Image search: [Google]
Defenders_sons_wallpaper.jpg
457 KB, 1200x898
REMEMBER, ULTHUAN PREVAILS
>>
>>47860331
so if i'm into undead (ghouls, ghosts 'n skeletons) i should read about counts and not tomb kings?
>>
File: 1465356358489.jpg (99 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
1465356358489.jpg
99 KB, 659x659
>>47860037
>>
>>47860454
>ghouls, ghosts 'n skeletons
Yep, vampire counts it is.
>>
File: Bretonia.jpg (1 MB, 1299x1391) Image search: [Google]
Bretonia.jpg
1 MB, 1299x1391
Thoughts on my first 9th Age Empire army list:

Heroes:
Marshal with Witch hammer& Seasoned general -135
Wizard level 2 - 90

Core:
39 heavy infantry with halberds, full command & seasoned soldiers - 283 (Accompanioed by lord)
20 heavy infantry with halberds & full command - 130
20 heavy infantry with halberds & full command - 130
10 light infantry with cross bow - 80
10 light infantry with cross bow - 80
5 Electoral cavalry with lances & full command - 125
5 Electoral cavalry with lances & full command - 125

Special:
2 x volley guns 250

Total: 1428
These are the models I currenly have. I am going to be using Perry Miniatures Wotr men at arms mixed with their European mercenaries and their foot knights to fill out the ranks. I have actual model Hell blasters, one metal and one plastic. I have 72 points left over. thoughts and criticisms of the list?

My plan would be to basically use the centre mass to control the middle field supported by the hand gunners and have a reigment of pike men either side of them and a until of cavalry each on the out skirts to run down or stop anything I don't like existing. The Hellblasters will shoot from behind at everything and anything dangerous. Thoughts?

SUMMON THE ELECTOR COUNTS!
>>
>>47859673
Because Sigmar is the main character of Warhammer, and he already has knights.
>>
File: image.jpg (228 KB, 920x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228 KB, 920x600
>>47860257
Because they fucking HATE each other.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Tomb_Kings
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 1024x768
>>47860454
Yes.

Tomb Kings are Egyptian skeletons and mummies.

Vampire Counts are ghosts, zombies, European skeletons, cannibals, and vampires.
>>
>>47860454

With Vampires, being undead is the whole point. You don't have a coherent army so much as a carnival of undead tropes, where the whole force is basically a celebration of being dead. You hit all the nails from werewolves to spoopy ghosts to wights to frankenstein to zombies, all shambling under the direction of a Vampire cult.

Tomb Kings are more like an ancient army, that just happens to be dead. So you have your spear phalanx, your light archers and your chariot legions supported by the church and the monarchy, with "Oh and by the way everyone died long ago" added on the end as a twist.
So the army should be entirely reasonable as a mortal force, but it just kinda died at some point and the army rolled with it.

Vampires are an undead horde that just happened to make an army.
Tomb Kings are an army that just happened to be dead.
>>
>>47860716
>Sigmar is the main character of Warhammer

Pls, no, thinking about warhammer as a story is wrong on too many levels.
>>
>>47860799
Damn, that's a very nice way to put it. I like you anon.
>>
>>47860799
So does each individual tomb king soldier have their humans memories? Do they have hopes and dreams? Can they feel? Would they have run from a battle to spend more time with their family?
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 236x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 236x325
>>47860864
Yes to all of the above.
Some spurces say the commoners don't have souls and just act as the nobles think they should, but other sources disagree.

Most of them are royal assholes though, but some were nice.

The vast majority like fighting their neighbors/ancestors/descendants for territory, hunting Daemons/Vampires/Orcs for entertainment, reclaiming their their property rights that was stolen post mortem by everybody including each other, or just pretending to be alive or "sleeping" for long periods out of boredom or waiting for golden immortal bodies to happen.
>>
>>47860864
Skeletons are pretty much only robots with discipline.
Higher ups, though, are supposed to have their full or almost full personalities. However, being tomb king characters, their personalities are pretty much "bow before me or die" and being angry all the time against everyone past, present and future.

However there are places where the living and the dead live together peacefully under the banner of a long-dead king who has come back from the dead and just wants to make his country a nice place to be.
>>
>>47860803
Actually. Warhammer is Archaon's story.

It's called Warhammer because of Ghal Maraz which Archaon, or to be more accurate Diedrick Kastner, was suppose to inherit and wield against the forces of darkness and Chaos.

He might still get his chance in AoS after he is redeemed.
>>
>>47861107
It's called warhammer because the guy on the cover of the first edition had a war hammer and then it became the symbol of the human faction.

Take your archaon and go away.
>>
>>47861107
Yeah, no.

He's a new character, he's no more the main character than Ulrika.

Ghal Maraz didn't exist until 4e you newfag shit.
>>
>>47861136
What was the symbol of the setting for as long as anyone can remember? Ghal Maraz.

Archaon is here to stay as the main character of the setting.
>>
>>47861189
His relative newness doesn't change the fact that he is the main character.

Ulrika is a minor character and a "Literally who" for anyone who cares about obscure BL novels.
>>
>>47861245
other than who*
>>
>>47860799
Nice job
>>
>>47861245
You can't be the main character os something you didn't even exist for half of.

He's the main character of End Times and Age. Neither of which are Warhammer Fantasy.
>>
>>
>>47861627
End Times are Warhammer, like it or not.

And the fact that developers and in-verse characters for like 4 editions bent their backs to ensure Archaon carries out his quest and break the setting like he was destined to do makes it clear that he is the main character. And once again, his relative newness is irrelevant. Characters can stay the spotlight and become the main characters. Archaon stole it since 6th ED and continues to hold it challenging anyone to take it away from him.
>>
>>47861953
steal the spotlight*
>>
>>47861953
What's all this main character nonsense about? This isn't like Warcraft that has a group of characters that regularly influence the story. Warhammer has been about the setting. The characters are there, sure, but not in the same way. It's been a large sandbox for you and your friends to battle in and explore. Archaon only got this major push because GW wanted to nig the setting.
>>
>>47861953
Archaon in 6th ed was one of the everchosen. As far as I am concerned (WHRP), the storm of chaos outcome happened and the end times didn't, so Archaon is an important dude but not more than Karl Franz or Malekith.

And like it or not, but the Storm of Chaos timeline is the only one still alive.
>>
>>47862165
>This isn't like Warcraft that has a group of characters that regularly influence the story.

Karl Franz
Malekith
Nagash
The vampire characters
Tyrion and Teclis
The Everqueen and Ariel
Archaon

And many many. Your dudes are a part of their story exiting between their setting changing actions.
>>
>>47862291
The difference being that there are a ton of other people in the setting beyond this collection of special characters. In a lot of 'modern' stories, Karl Franz is just some guy in the background. He makes an appearance in the book Reiksguard, but he doesn't do much beyond inspect the troops and do the big reveal at the end of the book. They're generally 'too big' to intrude into too many stories.
>>
>>47862291
By your logic Obama is the main character of the world. I think you may actually be retarded, which is confirmed by the fact that you claim AoS as cannon in a WHFB thread.
>>
>>47862266
>As far as I am concerned

And nobody cares what you are concerned about.

Archaon was suppose to the last Everchosen and Lord of the End Times and the Apocalypse. GW bent the setting backwards and advanced towards his direction after Storm of Chaos.

Also WHRP was discontinued so SoC timeline is dead. As far as I know the new FFG RPG books don't follow the SoC timeline but the regular WHFB timeline.
>>
>>47862266
>The Everchosen of Chaos went down to a headbutt from an Orc

That is why SoC, for the shitshow that it was, will always be better to me. I've always hated the "YOU CAN'T STOP CHAOS" angle GW seemed fixed to.

>>47862291
Yes, they are the people who are in the position best to influence history, but that is what they are. They are the the movers and shakers, but they aren't what the world revolves around.

Do we say someone from our history was the "main character" of their era?
>>
>>47862411
It was certainly more interesting. Even if it wasn't the best, it was still fun to see GW trying to put to paper what happened. Chaos was shown to be a bunch of edgy 12 year olds who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag and the results showed.
>>
>>47862376
Dude you are arguing as if End Times and AoS fluff were valid in a WHFB thread. Literally nobody will listen to you. You shouln't lose your time and go back to the AoS thread now.
>>
>>47862363
AoS is the official continuation of the WHFB, like or not. But I did not claim them in my previous post only said that End Times is Warhammer and your feels doesn't change that.

>>47862337
The Special characters are what make the setting and change the status quo with their factions. The little guys exist, yes. They are there to tell neat small stories but when the time comes for anything major your little guys won't matter at all (Great War against Chaos, Vamp wars, yada yada). It's the SC characters that will win those wars and change the setting.
>>
>>47860952
stupid question, but do you have any examples of the latter?
>>
>>47862458
>AoS is the official continuation of the WHFB, like or not. But I did not claim them in my previous post only said that End Times is Warhammer and your feels doesn't change that.
You aren't in your one-man store here, for everyone except you here Archaon got his shit pushed him by Grimgor and fled crying like a bitch. Your whinning won't change a thing.
>>
>>47862456
End Times are valid in a WHFB because they are WHFB, regardless of your feels.

It's in the OP!

>>47862411
It's like saying that GoT/Song of F&I doesn't have main characters just because it has 1000+ minor characters.

The world does revolve around them. Heck, the Elf stories revolves around Malekith and his clash with the twins. The Woodsie Elves story in the Army book is Ariel's story.
>>
>>47862521
Not canon.
>>
>>47862458
It still doesn't mean that there's a main character of the setting. Archaon is also a bad example of that since for the longest time we didn't know a lot about him. All he really did was lead an invasion of the Old World. He wasn't someone we got to know until the setting was trashed. It's like meeting Luke Skywalker during the last half hour of Return of the Jedi.

>>47862536
Everything is canon. Not everything is true.
>>
>>47862536
Accepted as the new canon when GW dropped the setting.

Nobody but the community gets to dictate what is true and what isn't now.
>>
>>47861953
No, End Times are Warhammer: End Times.

Just like Warhammer: Age of Sigmar and Warhammer: 40000.
>>
File: LG on canon.png (74 KB, 945x557) Image search: [Google]
LG on canon.png
74 KB, 945x557
>>47862560
>Everything is canon. Not everything is true.

Wrong,

There is one canon and it's GW's canon (picture related).

>>47862560
They gradually developed his character until the very end, you know like any protag. Except it was a slow process due GW's horrendous release schedule in past . Making him the focus and fulcrum which the fate of the setting hung. Nearly each army book since mid 7th ED ended with "Archaon is going to invade yo", except the neutral factions.
>>
File: image.jpg (263 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263 KB, 1920x1080
>>47862661
>There is one canon and it's GW's canon (picture related).

This isn't a Games Workshop thread.

It is about Warhammer Fantasy, The 9th Age, Warhammer Fantasy RP, Total War: Warhammer, and so on.

The only threads where continuity matters are Age of Sigmar and 40k.
>>
>>47862616
Nope.

>>47862594
Accepted by you. But you are an anon so you don't get to enforce it on anyone and you don't get to speak for the "community". Posting here I know a lot of people don't even like SoC.

Furthermore, you are not the devs of the setting. You don't get to dictate what's true or not. Stop being entitled.
>>
>>47862661
Even the contradictory things like the druchii sorcerers who taught Nagash died during the War of Vengeance before they could teach Nagash magic?
They're the same characters and appear in both Nagash and WoV, but somehow die during the WoV.
>>
>>47862703
>This isn't a Games Workshop thread.

It's a thread about a GW game. Also you tried the so called "GW canon policy" on me which is often misunderstood. So you were being quite a hypocrite there.
>>
What is Warmaster? Is it just a similar game someone made up that uses the same minis as fantasy?
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 720x862) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 720x862
>>47862661
>They gradually developed his character until the very end
They introduced him at the tail end, and heavy retcons were required to make him in any way relevant.

Archaon is the Akhsoka Tano of Warhammer Fantasy.

Except Ahsoka has more fans than anything Games Workshop, combined, ever will.
>>
>>47862750
A now defunct game about huge armies using tiny minis. Instead of a single trooper it's a model that represents an entire regiment.
>>
>>47861864
Kek
>>
>>47862733
In the event of a contradiction, the editors and management at GW will oversee the two versions and then attempt to create the most logical and smoothest path forwards.

In the past it this just meant they would ignore anything written in the offending BL novel.
>>
>>47862744
That was my second post to you, you off-topic GW slut.

Link all the posts so I can cap the (You)s andI'll prove it, unless you want to admit that you're the only one with wet panties for the Everfaggot.
>>
>>47862815
Discussing GW's canon regarding the topic of this thread is not off-topic. If you are not the same anon I was talking to then it's rude to jump into a conversation without introducing yourself.
>>
>>47862879
Also Archaon is pretty popular in the TW thread.

>SPIRIT OF MORKAR
>>
>>47862808
That's just stupid. If there were editors then they would have caught that right away. WoV was written after Nagash, which is the most glaring thing. The two underlings die by arrow fire and the coven master is beaten to death by an angry mob. That's a huge oversight.
>>
>it's a Carnac shoves his distorted PoV in an unrelated discussion episode rerun
>>
>>47859006
>Many head to the shores of the old world to use the large number of dead seamen that litter the ocean floor in the shallow waters, hoping to rebuild underwater where the vengeful living cant reach them.

I wouldn't count on that. Running water is a very common vampiric weakness, and the ocean counts, going by Night's Dark Masters.
>>
>Listen to the "God King" audiobook
>Sigmar implied to have fathered children with the leader of a Matriarchal tribe. Her name is Freya
>They hid this from him

Why didn't you guys never mention this before? This explains Karl Franz, Valten, and even Archaon.

Karl Franz having a divine aspect to him which the Changeling couldn't mimic. Valten being so close to Sigmar in looks and might that some thought him to be Sigmar's reincarnation. Archaon being the true inheritor of the Ghal Maraz.

They were all descendants of Sigmar (Literally). This explains a lot of thing.
>>
>>47863072
there's also that one vampire pirate, who was being transported by boat before they crashed near lustria

wouldn't need a boat if you could just walk underwater
>>
File: SmilingJack.jpg (348 KB, 1781x941) Image search: [Google]
SmilingJack.jpg
348 KB, 1781x941
>>47863072
>>
>>47863131
You dont need one but it sure is faster to sail with the wind than walk against the current.
>>
>>47861107
This is bait.
>>
>>47863400
It's Slav, actually.
>>
>>47863077
Volkmar was stated to be a descendant of Sigmar, he definitely has a lineage. I like to think that Huss, Karl Franz and Valten all formed a "Holy Trinity" of Sigmar, explaining why all 3 of them could directly channel his power. Even in 6th, Karl Franz literally becomes Sigmar to defeat that Orc Warboss in blackfire pass
>>
>>47852465
>>47852301
>Albion Terraformed
Fuck you, guy.

The entire point of Albion was that it was a rocky misty mountain shithole.
>>
>>47857126
Don't know if they're getting completely squatted but their range will probably consist of one box as part of destruction.
>>
>>47862458
>AoS is the official continuation of the WHFB, like or not. But I did not claim them in my previous post only said that End Times is Warhammer and your feels doesn't change that.
This is the WHFB thread.
We agreed like months ago as an entire board that this thread would be only for actual WHFB.

End times and AoS are for the AoS thread.

Do you want us all to go back to the AoS thread and troll the shit out of it until both fanbases die?
Because that's what was happening before the mutual understanding came about.
>>
File: 1465564409573.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1465564409573.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
>>47862879
>If you are not the same anon I was talking to then it's rude to jump into a conversation without introducing yourself.
What a fucking faggot.

Are you brand new to 4chan?
>>
>>47863256
Great job posting something that has nothing to do with Warhammer, but running water kills some (not all) Warhammer vampires.
>>
File: 1451446705921.jpg (145 KB, 1130x900) Image search: [Google]
1451446705921.jpg
145 KB, 1130x900
>>47864892
>>End times and AoS are for the AoS thread.

>>Do you want us all to go back to the AoS thread and troll the shit out of it until both fanbases die?
>>Because that's what was happening before the mutual understanding came about.

This. I don't go into AoS generals and shit up their thread. Let the world friggin' be.
>>
>>47864892
And back. It was a good GoT ep.

>We agreed like months ago as an entire board that this thread would be only for actual WHFB.

No, we haven't. It's just you wanting to bully people around. Don't pretend to speak for anyone but yourself. End Times is part of WHFB, again, like it or not. OP has the links!

Also please go do whatever you want in AoS threads. It's not like I care. You will just end up being banned like the rest.

>>47864952
Stop being rude.
>>
>>47865061
What determines who gets killed by it or not?
>>
>>47865175
Insofar as I can tell, chance and the vampire's age. Nagash's curses are unevenly applied. Some DO pop up more in some bloodlines than others, however.

Older vampires often develop resistances or even immunities to old weaknesses.
>>
>>47865167
>No, we haven't. It's just you wanting to bully people around. Don't pretend to speak for anyone but yourself. End Times is part of WHFB, again, like it or not. OP has the links!
I'm not even the original guy you were replying to you simple cunt.
Don't refer to the OP as a standard because it can be updated by anybody.
I've made the last 3 threads myself and only kept End Times stuff in it because it's free shit to read.

>Also please go do whatever you want in AoS threads. It's not like I care. You will just end up being banned like the rest.
>anyone having been banned

The other guy was right; you're brand spanking new to this website.

How's reddit these days?
>>
>>47865212
Look you are just being rude. Coming in and not introducing yourself. It's customary to say "well, I am not him but.." but you can't do that for whatever reason and then be all offended when you are mistaken for someone else.

Secondly, The thread always had End Times links for a long as while. Regardless End Times is WHFB related. If you see some End Times related discussion going around, ignore it and move on instead of throwing a hissyfit.

>>anyone having been banned

Shitposters have their posts deleted regularly over there. You or the othere guy threatened to go over there and shitpost. Want to try your luck? I am sure threatening to raid other threads counts for something.
>>
>>47863072
There's a Strigoi in Drachenfels (Ancient canon, I know) who doesn't like running water. Other than that I haven't seen any reference to vampires being harmed by water.

Although speaking of which, there's also a dwarf vampire in the book. Is this still canonically possible?
>>
>>47865373
There is a Dwarf Tomb King in the Gotrek novels. Elves (you can ignore that because the sources are conflicting with this one) and Haflings have been turned to Vampires.

Dwarfs are resistant to magic but the haflings are more so than them, I reckon. So theoretically it is possible.
>>
>>47865373
It's from the WFRP book Night's Dark Masters. I don't think dwarfs are capable of being vampires anymore, at least that's what I feel. They naturally resist magic, so there's no reason for a vampire to feed on them or grant them the Blood Kiss. Plus if they start to use magic, like vampires, they turn to stone.
>>
>>47865373
Read Night's Dark Masters. Vampires are most often vulnerable to the sun, silver, fire, and running water.

>>47865429
NDM says it's unclear if it's possible, since no evidence of a dwarf vampire (or for that matter, an elf vampire) exists. ET has elf vampirism, but it's also ET.
>>
>>47865429
>no reason for a vampire to feed on them

That's a outrageous lie. The Queen of the Night fed on Dwarf blood on many occasions.

And why do you think that dwarfs being resistant to magic makes them immune? The haflings are also resistant. Konrad turned on of them into a regal creature of the night.
>>
>>47865476
>Read Night's Dark Masters. Vampires are most often vulnerable to the sun, silver, fire, and running water.

And Sigmar related mechanise. Remember that Nagash cursed them to be weak to Sigmar's power.
>>
>>47865476
I meant for the water weakness.
>>
>>47865521
Water blessed by Sigmar. There you go.
>>
>>47860569
Why does that guy have two axes strapped right in front of his face?
>>
>>47865613
Bretonnians are a little...special.

With all the selective breeding, let's just say that not ALL of their nobility are French ubermensch.
>>
>>47865613
Probably ceremonial. Something he wears to the king's court and puts on a rack when he's at home.
>>
>>47865476
>>47865476
>ET has elf vampirism, but it's also ET.

ET REPLACES ALL OLD CANON
ET IS THE NEWEST GW RELEASE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1463270034767.jpg (58 KB, 851x233) Image search: [Google]
1463270034767.jpg
58 KB, 851x233
>>47865740
>>
>>47865740
A halfling was made into a vampire. Little buggers share the Ogres magical resistance.

Elves have no special magical resistance. Is there any hindrance for them being vampires? No.

With that said, no there wasn't any Elf vampire in ET. Josh Reynolds fucked up royally during the writing of his novel, he admitted himself. It's not canon because the elf wasn't turned into a vampire, she wasn't adopted by Vlad, and she didn't commit suicide via Tyrion.
>>
File: tumblr_mr9rm4wRXW1rn2yg0o1_1280.jpg (153 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mr9rm4wRXW1rn2yg0o1_1280.jpg
153 KB, 1024x768
>Local redshirt pressures me into signing up for the sigmar campaign
>Start looking through my dusty empire box
>Pull out my ironsides, theodore bruckner, and my landship
>Look through the sigmar pdfs
>Realize none of these have rules anymore
>Get sad and stop
>Play a game of fantasy by myself
>Put everything away

Im sad now
>>
hey guys, how's the new total war game (as someone who's never played total war)?

how about the multiplayer? the balance?
worth the cash?

thanks in advance
>>
File: 1464983732680.jpg (345 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
1464983732680.jpg
345 KB, 857x1200
>>47865999
Nice dubs.

Pls send me landship.
I've wanted one for so long and they are so much money.
>>
>>47866285
It isnt a real landship, I scratchbuilt it out of a doomwheel and a model of the santa maria
>>
Post pics anyway you donkey.
>>
File: 1466008209796.jpg (215 KB, 709x636) Image search: [Google]
1466008209796.jpg
215 KB, 709x636
>>47866411
That's still pretty badass desu.
My modelgrubbing ass will still take it if you're quitting Empire.
I'm starting my army and looking for a theme.
>>
>>47865999

ironsides have rules they are freeguild handgunners
>>
File: 1320289795341.jpg (86 KB, 467x325) Image search: [Google]
1320289795341.jpg
86 KB, 467x325
>>47867241
EMPIRE handgunners you...you double git!
>>
>Continue listening to the "God King" audiobook.
>Nagash right hand man is an Araby dude called Khalid Al Montisur
>He is a creepy paedophile who likes to feed on children
>his favourite victims ages are 6 and 7 year olds.
>orders his force to gather all the children from the villages and cities Nagash destroys in order to have an orgy of bloodletting and feasting upon the hapless kids

Really classy, GW.

I guess its a bird of a feather situation. Figures that the Great Pedomancer would have a paedophile vampire as majordomo.
>>
>>47867746
He's a vampire, it fits that he has absolutely no moral compass. Even Arkhan, who had reservations about his fate as immortal, felt that being a total dick was better than not existing.

Something similar happened in the Ambassador chronicles. A high ranking Kislev noble gets children around 5 and 6 from a scumbag who assumes he wants to rape them. He's actually in service to a Tzeentch cult and even he considers the implication distasteful enough to contemplate shooting the scumbag when his back is turned.
>>
>>47867746
It's just his culture you fucking white male.
>>
>>47867775
>Ambassador chronicles

Written by the same author. What's with Gram McNeil and child abuse?
>>
>>47867795
I think that he just doesn't get squeamish about writing that sort of thing. When you're in a world like Warhammer's, shying away from child abuse is just juvenile, I feel. It's like that disclaimer in Knights of the Grail that says 'Bretonnia is sexist but it won't be if you don't like that'. You can see a guy get turned inside out because his bones were jealous of his skin, but you can't stand a guy telling a girl to make babies?
>>
>>47867795

He probably got diddled as a kid.
>>
>>47867815
>Women in Bretonnia

>Women in Bretonnia are second-class citizens, and many Careers are only open to them if they pretend to be men. This is not a feature of Bretonnian society of which the author or Games Workshop approves, but women pretending to be men make interesting characters in a roleplaying game. If the sexism of Bretonnia makes you or your players uncomfortable, feel free to ignore it.

>The author and Black Industries also do not approve of the arbitrary execution of peasants, fighting local wars over an insult, or worshipping the Ruinous Powers, all activities depicted herein. Just so we’re clear.

Did they really have to write this? This is hilarious. GW is the last place I expected to see this weak apologetic attitude.
>>
File: 1435887931807.jpg (382 KB, 1792x1343) Image search: [Google]
1435887931807.jpg
382 KB, 1792x1343
>>47867892
It's weird because I expect sexism in the rest of the Old World too. In all the books I've read, equality of the sexes doesn't seem present. Sure, female nobles can inherit their father's titles if there's no son, and there are a few institutions that get around it like the Colleges of Magic and the various priesthoods, but by and large women still aren't equal to men.

What makes it weirder is that while the King rules Bretonnia, the Damsels are free to go about their business and give the finger to the man by wearing their hair openly and fucking whoever they want (this is in a novel). Not only that, the Fay Enchantress, always a woman, is the most powerful person in the kingdom and is empowered to depose and install kings at her choosing. She rarely acts on this power, preferring to counsel kings with her wisdom, but if she needs to...

No where else in the human lands of the Old World does a woman hold this much power.
>>
>>47867962
It's a sliding scale. Gender roles in Bretonnia are highly stratified among the nobility and (to a lesser degree) among the peasants. Noblewomen in Bretonnia still cover their hair, even.

Women in the Empire seem to run the gamut, but seem to be held as inferior until they prove otherwise.

In Kislev, women are allowed to hold any position a man can, and this is actually pretty common, something which always surprises Imperials, apparently.

I don't know how things are in Tilea and Estalia. The key god for both of them though war a warrior queen who ascended to divinity.
>>
>>47868202
Kislev is the only place, to me, that should have some kind of equality, even if it is the men that do a bigger share of the fighting. When the Kurgan or Norse come sweeping down, sometimes you just need to throw everything at them, including women and the young. Like Soviet Russia, except Nazi Germany is there forever.

Unfortunately we know very little about Estalia and Tilea. Maybe if 2nd edition wasn't dropped as early as it was there would have been a few more 'nation' books that included them.
>>
>>47868275
Rumor was that the Southlands were next, then probably the long-put-off elf stuff.
>>
>>47868463
Mite have been cool. I'd have preferred Elves or Greenskins first, but that's just me.
>>
>>47865999
Play 9th age or kow ?
>>
>>47852465
an Idea for the Corsairs that could be taken into consideration:

I'm not sure if the Black Arcs are still floating, but we could write up a sub faction of corsairs that began worshipping ancient squiddy sea creatures in stead of the cynthari./become a cult of purely seaborn elves who build huge floating towns and experiment on captured sailors with magic and surgery trying to create a race of amphibious slaves.

dark elfs always had a lovecraftian vibe and I think expanding on one such case would give the overall universe more depth
>>
>>47868673
Easily done. The elven version of Manaan is an asshole and probably would tack even closer to Stromfels when worshiped by the Dark Elves.

I feel like if the corsairs are gonna be an ongoing force, some or several of the black arks need to be floating.
>>
>>47868830
>>elven version of Manaan is an asshole
But Manaan is already an asshole. His strictures state that whistling on a ship is a bad idea. But that it's also a good idea.
>>
>>47868850
>>47868830
I even have a few ideas for locations and groups

>Driftwood Keep
a Black Arc which was extended with floating wood and captured ships, main harbor and slave trade center, houses tens of thousands of druchii and hundreds if thousands of slaves with no way to escape
Overall a Neutral Ground without law or proper Rule, only the captains and officers are allowed into the Black Arc itself.

>Kraken Cult
a group of sorceresses an newly trained sorcerors joined by some of the finest craftsmen and "doctors" who dominate sea creatures with magic and are the driving force behind the experimenting and dark machinations to create slave races suited to the circumstances (Mansquids and even worse things) They are based on a Black Arc and a giant semi-living whale they use as a submarine.

>The Corsairs
make up the majority of the "faction" corsairs who owe allegiance to no Black Arc and live off Piracy, Slavery and selling their sails to the anyone who can pay up or is desperate enough.
>>
>>47869002
I feel like if sea god worship is a big deal for them, and especially the Stromfels aspect, it'd be cool if corsair ships were always followed by uncanny numbers of ravenous sharks.
>>
>>47869021
would make sense since there's always blood and body parts in the water behind them.

could make it like a ritual where they sacrifice slaves for good winds every few hours
>>
So how are lizardmen in 9th age. I found 12 saurus warriors in one of my storage boxes and now im considering ordering a get started box for the scalies and a box of skinks.
>>
>>47867746
I'm currently reading the Liber Necris in order to know more about necromancy, and it's pretty dope.

Also, how do you start getting into necromancy without getting stuck on a bunch of burning faggots really quick? I'm currently playing a priest of Morr and my caracter just lost faith and turned to depravity ; I feel that going down the dark path could be interesting but I'm pretty new to the setting.
>>
>>47869164
It'll be hard but you could leave the Empire or try to seek out a vampire to study under. There are places where necromancers dwell. Not exactly around every corner, but if you're going to find a necromancer anywhere, it'd be in Sylvania. Or you could head south to Mourkain. I assume you have some Academic Knowledge that can help you, as Morr vehemently opposes necromancy. You can use that knowledge to your advantage.
>>
>>47869193
Our party has been travelling to the Ogre's kingdom with a merchant's caravan for a few months, and we are now in the middle of the Wastelands, not too far from our destination. I guess I'll have to stick to politics for now.

I do have some academic knowledge but it's on theology; I'll try to get my hands on some books from the caravan's wizard bookshelve if I can.

Does anyone have experience playing a Necromancer? It sounds interesting yet extremely complicated from a roleplay perspective. Trying to amend also seems good for character development.
>>
File: Morr.jpg (39 KB, 777x171) Image search: [Google]
Morr.jpg
39 KB, 777x171
>>47869249
Theology would work as Morr's priesthood not only tends to the dead, but wishes for them to stay that way. They have several Knightly Orders who are their fighting arm against the undead and those who command them.

Also, one of the most powerful necromancers, Vanhal? He was once a priest of Morr before he, too, lost his faith.

One of the players in my group that I've been GM'ing for for years is playing a necromancer. Her body is host to a necromancer who couldn't save his physical form so his spirit piggybacked on hers when she was just a child. She has a Wight companion who is her dead brother and she seeks out anything Nehekharan in origin. Partly out of her own curiosity for lore and power, and the monster within her trying to get a new body.

Also, talk to the Strigany if you come across them. They may be gypsy shits but they are the people of the Strigoi. Just try not to piss them off as the Strigoi are very protective of their own. Unless you think you can get away with it, of course.
>>
>>47869271
That's a very nice quote.

I'll look up the Strigany, thanks for the heads up! I know a few gypsie in the caravan, but the elder just got killed in a riot that I caused... Maybe I'll get the guard to get his stuff and see if I can salvage something.
>>
>>47869312
He might have some things that can point you in the right direction or you can buddy buddy with the still alive ones and maybe they can point you in the right direction.

Personally I love putting the Strigany in my campaigns, even if they're just a caravan of homeless ragamuffins passing by. Sometimes they just want to be left alone, other times they'll try to abduct a member of the party so that the vampire they're transporting in their cart can feed on someone. They're an interesting mix of why racists and bigots can be right and wrong about a people.
>>
>>47869002
the Nominal Head of the Corsairs could be religious, the Beckoner of the Deep, whose priests all file their teeth and cut into their necks as a rite of passage.

sometimes groups of them enter ships at anchor in one of the bases and eat one or more of the slaves or oarsmen(also slaves) alive. It's a ritual believed to bring luck and great success to the crew and the priests are given weapons or coin as thanks.

the most pious of the priests even take potions and fouler mixtures provides by the Kraken Cult to become more akin to their gods (develop actual gills an nets between fingers and toes)

The Faith also has a scattered fleet of hulls and ships without sails or oars, since they go werever the sea takes them.
>>
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/06/breaking-gw-licencing-in-vegas.html guys guys, its happening!!!!!! Warhammer fantasy as a speicalist game!!!! its real!!!!!!
>>
File: 1452983193973.jpg (74 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
1452983193973.jpg
74 KB, 400x387
>>47869459
>>Man O' War
>>WHFB
Just let this be true. Just for once.
>>
>>47869479
It has to be, surely. If so the new CEO has officially saved GW. There I said it
>>
>>47869498
You mean he might be the chosen one? A man spoken about in hushed tones around dying campires. The GW employee...with a brain?

No, no, he is legend.
>>
>>47869517
>>47869479
>>47869498
Why is this important and a good choice? I have no idea about wh fantasy but I want to believe
>>
>>47862947
Nah, you can tell by the post style that it's Slav(who may possibly be Carnac), back from his ban.
>>
>>47869545
This IS the most important thing in at least 15 years. THIS is what this board is about!
>>
>>47869769
You cheeky little cunt
>>
>>47869459
Does this mean Warhammer is finally going mainstream?
>>
Hey guys, any recommended reading in the mega if I'm into Vampire Counts and haven't read any lore before?
>>
>>47861107
Warhammer is arguably Malekith's story
Motherfucker (litterally) has seen almost everything go down
>>
>>47869964
The Nagash series, which deals with the creation of the first vampires starting in the second book. The Time of Legends is (usually) a good place to find out why the world is so fucked up as it is. Liber Necris and Night's Dark Masters as well.
>>
File: Skeletal_beast.jpg (256 KB, 794x531) Image search: [Google]
Skeletal_beast.jpg
256 KB, 794x531
>>47844905
NOPE

NOPE NOPE NOPE

NOPE
O
P
E
>>
>>47869545
Because everyone still in this Warhammer Fantasy thread hates Age of Sigmar and is tightly holding onto a dead game and setting because it's all we've ever known.
>>
>>47870404
It's easy to hate something when it's terrible. We like Warhammer and we didn't want to see it die. If it comes back, then it could be an indication that GW might actually be listening to its customers instead of making decisions with their heads buried in the sand.
>>
>>47866157
Absolutely worth it. I can't stop playing it.
>>
>>47870752
Sorry to spoil this for you. I don't think WFB is ever coming back.

What we might hope to happen is that AoS gets put in the hands of someone sensible, gradually adjusting both lore, rules and models, slowly turning into a decent successor of WFB
>>
>>47870031
jesus christ fuck that entire level
>>
>>47870801
We don't know that for sure, which is why some of us can hope. That's kind of the whole point. AoS will never be a successor to WHFB because it's such hot garbage. If there was to be a successor then it would have taken place after the End Times with a shattered world and a brave new tomorrow to look forward to. Not "let's make as many copywriteable words as possible and strip away everything that people liked about it while also blatantly adding in space marines".

You don't follow up a previous act by shitting all over it.
>>
File: Total-War-Warhammer-cover.jpg (1 MB, 1539x2232) Image search: [Google]
Total-War-Warhammer-cover.jpg
1 MB, 1539x2232
>>47869459
Did you miss that they're advertising the licenses? Not the game?

Of course they're pushing the WHFB license, it has brand recognition. This just means we'll be getting more Warhammer video games and board games (which is great), not that Warhammer will be coming back as a wargame.
>>
>>47870854
2bh i just want a warhammer-themed warcraft 3 clone
>>
>>47870878
I want an RPG that doesn't suck, and doesn't have Chaos as the main antagonist.
>>
File: Warlords_Battlecry_III.jpg (51 KB, 358x500) Image search: [Google]
Warlords_Battlecry_III.jpg
51 KB, 358x500
>>47870878
I want a clone of pic related.
>>
File: nd2m8yyjPo1sz7asho7_1280.jpg (63 KB, 802x705) Image search: [Google]
nd2m8yyjPo1sz7asho7_1280.jpg
63 KB, 802x705
>>47870918
Archaon's Typing Tutor.
>>
>>47870937
The Dark Prince Nagash's Math Wizard for Tots.
>>
File: 1_Shallya.jpg (57 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1_Shallya.jpg
57 KB, 500x500
>>47871001
Shallya's Old World Surgeon Simulator.
>>
>>47870937
>TFW you notice the similar pose used by Archaon and the guy in this pic
>>
>>47869964
one of the armybooks is a good idea, I recommend the 6th edition one since it gives you a good introduction to the faction and a bit of its history.
>>
File: kroak delivers alt.png (768 KB, 657x552) Image search: [Google]
kroak delivers alt.png
768 KB, 657x552
>>47869986
>the oldest claims the spot
jokes on you
>>
File: 00071714.jpg (152 KB, 844x1210) Image search: [Google]
00071714.jpg
152 KB, 844x1210
>>47871035
Ah yes, the rare and elusive 'arms in the air' pose.
>>
>>47869986
this, Ghal Maraz is only related to the Orcs, while the true enemy of Chaos is Khaines Widowmaker.
>>
>>47871088
>>47869986
>>47861107
Silly cunts, the true main character of Warhammer is Drachenfels.

They did the entire endtimes just to bring our beloved main character back in a fight to regain his lost memory.
>>
File: come-at-me-bro-fantasy.jpg (73 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
come-at-me-bro-fantasy.jpg
73 KB, 1024x640
>>47871068

Nah man, that's a different pose. The one in your picture is "tusken raider". The original is "come at me bro".
>>
File: download.jpg (124 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
124 KB, 1200x675
>>47871125
DRACH
>>
File: ghalmaraz.png (160 KB, 378x656) Image search: [Google]
ghalmaraz.png
160 KB, 378x656
>>47861189
>Ghal Maraz didn't exist until 4e you newfag shit.

The fuck are you talking about?
The Enemy Within is second edition at the very least. I can't remember if there was anything earlier off the top of my head.

Maybe don't call someone a newfag unless you know what you're talking about.
>>
File: index.png (1 MB, 916x631) Image search: [Google]
index.png
1 MB, 916x631
>>47865613
Considering that the Brets are NOT!14thC French, they are probably a heraldic display of either his personal coat of arms, or his appointed position, possibly in charge of the king's forests.

much like the Empire's NOT!16thC HRE, they are only slightly exaggerated in their fashion.
>>
>>47867892
>GW is the last place I expected to see this weak apologetic attitude.

Should be noted that if you go look at most BL author's social media presence (twitters), they follow a lot of SJW, leftist/liberal groups, causes, etc. So a disclaimer like that probably shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
>>
>>47871510
If you're in some kind of media you pretty much have to follow that stuff, even if you just pay lip service to it. It's kinda like how you have facebook even if you don't use it, it's so people don't ask "why don't you have facebook?". It avoids these dumb questions. It might not apply to all of them, but I'm sure at least a few writers don't give a crap since none of the BL books I've read have taken me out of the story to hammer me with modern gender politics or whatever.
>>
>>47867892
>The author and Black Industries also do not approve of the arbitrary execution of peasants, fighting local wars over an insult, or worshipping the Ruinous Powers, all activities depicted herein. Just so we’re clear.
>Did they really have to write this? This is hilarious. GW is the last place I expected to see this weak apologetic attitude.
They made fun of it with the last paragraph.

I don't think a prophylactic disclaimer to shut whiners up is an admission of what they complain about.
>>
>>47867892
that last line isnt "weak" or "apologetic" its acknowledging that if you're a baby and can't handle controversial themes in the setting, or think that the writers endorse everything in the setting, just dont play it
>>
File: 1465856568484.jpg (446 KB, 1464x1665) Image search: [Google]
1465856568484.jpg
446 KB, 1464x1665
>>47871554
>>47871510
Yeah, I've literally never seen anything even slightly SJWish in any BL books.

Unless you count hatred and disgust with war but that's a mature viewpoint.
Normal people don't like war.
>>
>>47867746
>Really classy, GW.

Well, they ARE evil.

>>47867795
>>47867826
There are a few of his 40k stories that make allusions to it too...

>>47867962
>>47868202
>>47868275
> the Damsels are free to go about their business and give the finger to the man by wearing their hair openly and fucking whoever they want (this is in a novel).

Its common knowledge, also in the army book and WHFRP book.

>No where else in the human lands of the Old World does a woman hold this much power.
Tilea. Several city-states have female rulers. Also, doesn't Estalia have a queen?

>>47869002
>>47869413
Love it.

>>47869954
REEEEEE!
But seriously, gritty fantasy is "in". Game of Thrones and all.
>>
File: 1353568389159.jpg (34 KB, 372x498) Image search: [Google]
1353568389159.jpg
34 KB, 372x498
>>47871159
Am I doing this right?
>>
File: skaven diplomacy.png (272 KB, 552x361) Image search: [Google]
skaven diplomacy.png
272 KB, 552x361
>>47869459
Good news, everyone, GW main profits this year came from licensing, which means we may get more warhammer related games in the future.

we have naval combat, mordheim's tactical translation, left 4 dead with skaven and the dream came true, total war.

I say a soulsborne-esque game and an arena shooter are the more likely candidates considering the modern trends for the wider market.
>>
>>47868830
Mathlann is a jock. Not a jerk.
>>
>>47869964
Ulrika the Vampire: Bloodborn (do not read the others, they suck)

Genevieve the Vampire.
>>
>>47869045
Plus it would lend a supernatural aspect to them, and for the purpose of roleplaying it'd be cool to know falling overboard is a quick route to a shark's stomach.
>>
>>47871208
>Fantasyfags not knowing their lore

This is so typical it hurts. Why don't you guys police your fandom?
>>
>>47872365
Because only 8e and 7efags stuck around. Oldfags sold their armies on eBay and didn't look back.
>>
>>47872092
an arena shooter?
you what
Like, Mount and Blade multiplayer?
>>
>>47872473
I think they mean Doom.

I'd vote for whatever TF2 and Overwatch are. Comedic, character-oriented shooters.
>>
>>47872473
pffft
no anon, i think he means like quake
>>
>>47872708
>>47872713
But how will that work in WHFB? What, you got guys with bows, crossbows and some shitty arquebuses? Mount and Blade style combat seems like it'd be way better for the environment.

TF2/OW style play could work I guess, but I don't think it'd feel too warhammery. Maybe I'm just imagining it wrong.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.