[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cape Creation General and Worldbuilding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
Welcome to the thread dedicated Superhero TTRPGs!

Discussion on all systems is welcome and here's our link collection for a handful of different ones
>http://pastebin.com/bkpp0z2t

In the previous wave of threads, we have started an outpouring of worldbuilding for a "Cape World" setting, although the flood has since calmed down so don't be afraid to ask for help with your own setting.
Some stuff has been collected into pastebins
>http://pastebin.com/5EyFqXgD
while the general total has been archived on suptg under assortment of tags, most reliable search is by the following:
>http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Cape
Topic starter: what's the weirdest power you ever used in a supers game? how about the weirdest setting?
>>
File: UGH.jpg (76 KB, 355x332) Image search: [Google]
UGH.jpg
76 KB, 355x332
>PLORP

That's awful.
Any ability that makes that sound would be awful.

Quick question: How much thought do you put into the sound your powers make?
>>
>>47841460
at least so much that i wont end up with
>PLORP
>>
>>47841378
>his face when he does "DIE, VILLAIN!"
>>
>>47841460
well what would you expect the sound of your arm popping off to be?
>>
>>47841378
Nobody would be able to anticipate his style of unarmed combat.
>>
>>47841586
carlos, dammit
>>
>>47841378

I have an idea for a cape but I need some help. His name is "The Unsuprisable Man", and his power is quite simply that he is never surprised or fazed by anything and has always made contingency plans when the SHTF. What would be the best use of such a power? I'm thinking a life of crime / "betting" or stock trading, but is there a way be a good guy with this ability?
>>
>>47841538
Ever heard a shoulder dislocate? It's a meaty pop, but there's a sharp quality to it.
>>
>>47841538
..."KLECH"?
>>
>>47841728
"CLENCH" ?
>>
>>47841737
"WRENCH" ?
>>
>>47841618
leader and tactics guy for a super team. not being taken back by some horrible event and be able to force purely on the mission would e a big help for any super team.
and if you want to play it for drama maybe have him at like a robot and hate the fact that nothing really excites him anymore.
>>
>>47841618
Do you mean that he can predict the future, or that he's unnaturally calm under pressure? If it's the former then yeah he'd obviously be one of the strongest heroes. He'd always be a step ahead of villains, he'd never lose a fistfight (because he could dodge every blow), and he'd be rich as fuck from the stock market.

You need to set a limit though, like maybe he can only see an hour ahead.

He deserves a better name than "the unsurprisable man" as well.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
so I am working on a mutant character who is secretly Cthulhu in the marvel cortex system.
I was thinking basically Emma Frost but with a healing factor instead of diamond form
>>
>>47841811
his civilian Identity would be he puts on a pair of glasses and a suit and is a journalist like clark kent. no one guesses that the 30 foot tall tentacular green monster is actually mr thule the mild mannered reporter who happens to also be 30 feet tall and green
>>
>>47841800
>Do you mean that he can predict the future, or that he's unnaturally calm under pressure?

More the latter, but whatever it is that happens, it "turns out" the Unsurprisable Man has already made a contingency plan covering it. Kind of like the end of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, only without timetravel shenanigans.

>>47841774

Searching for something worth doing would be his central motivation since as you suggest he would be crippled by ennui
>>
File: timebomb.jpg (125 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
timebomb.jpg
125 KB, 540x720
>>47841618
>>47841800
so kinda like pic related?
>>
>>47841900
>>47841840
>>47841800
>>47841618
so you mean batman
>>
>>47841930
how the hell is >>47841900 like batman?
>>
>>47841900

Idk who that is. I was picturing him more as a sauve gentleman in a smoking jacket and a perpetually bored sneer.

>>47841930

Batman preps for his missions,the Unsurprisable Man doesn't, he seems to just "wing it" but he's always perfectly prepared, seemingly by chance.
>>
>>47841942
We rarely see batman prepare before hand, so he may as well have just winged it for all the audience knows
>>
>>47841942
it's timebomb from a show called no heroics:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Heroics

wich is a show about c-list supehero rejects, and generally making cape-related jokes. it got cancelled after 1 season thou
>>
File: 1465794388530.jpg (127 KB, 1000x996) Image search: [Google]
1465794388530.jpg
127 KB, 1000x996
Hey guys, I was asking in these threads a couple of weeks ago for advice on my 1920s/prohibition super hero setting and it looks like I'm finally going to get to run it in the near future!

That aside, I was wondering if you guys had ideas for setting-appropriate powers/supers.

I'll give a brief run down of the perimeters
>People with powers developed them after exposure to a German chemical weapon on the WW1 battlefield.
>The gas has an extremely high fatality rate, but there is the slimmest of chances that it will draw powers out of people
>Those who do gain powers do 'die' after exposure, however their body remains preserved and they resurrect either hours/days later
>Allies still won the first world war, however technology has advanced to an extreme rate thanks to super science, thus making the setting partially diesel-punky (and allowing techie heroes)
>In most cases, when a super is discovered it's a race between gangs and the government to see who can acquire them
>The players are all individuals who have been approached by the Government to infiltrate one of the largest Gangs in the NYC area, due to rumours they are in possession of a huge supply of said chemical gas

Any ideas/advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>47841840
I see, so he creates some sort of error in the time continuum, reverse causality that always makes him ready. Pretty interesting, although I still think you need to limit it somehow or he's completely undefeatable.
>>
>>47842217
simple: having contingency plans does not guarantee their success.
by wich i mean that just because you happened to bring your shark repellant bat-spray doesn't mean you are able to apply it.
this, ofc, limits the power in the sense that it is an imperfect, how you called it, "reverse causality"
>>
>>47842179
former superhero whose powered up by alcohol. joined the gang to fuel himself and prevent him from being "useless", has self confidence issues and only feels like he has worth when powered up.
>>
>>47842447
is it just me or are there some seriously dark undertones in that concept?
>>
>>47842460
little bit, I just came up with it on the spot
>>
Some days ago someone suggested a super-clown character concept for laughs, and I'll play it in some weeks.
My favourite idea was :
>can patrol the streets at high velocity with his monocycle
>>
>>47842460
>>47842528
Well it works well doesn't it?
Gang murders and people living post war probably are dark enough.
Imagine your only escape from thinking about the people you killed is via booze, except now whenever you drink you're expected to do that more.
>>
>>47841460
Not enough.

>>47842703
>Swaps criminals guns with those "BANG!" prank guns
>>
>>47842728
especially when the guys a former superhero.
there are probably kids with dolls in his likeness wondering why he broke their daddy's legs
>>
Why is there a studded condom man hero?
>>
>>47842794
legion of super heroes, you get all kinds of weird looking fuckers in a star trek like setting filled with supers.
you know that actually sounds like a really cool setting in general, anyone got any ideas for such a thing?
>>
>>47841378
why do I want to fuck that stump
>>
File: Chroma Green.png (479 KB, 617x1335) Image search: [Google]
Chroma Green.png
479 KB, 617x1335
So do we have anything definitive for Chroma Green?
>>
>>47844520
most like the outfit in the pic and think it would be a neat idea for him/her to be a childhood friend of Cobalt Blue, who s/he now has a vendetta against for undecided reasons.

https://desustorage.org/tg/thread/47297029/#q47306942
https://desustorage.org/tg/thread/47297029/#47308481
>>
>>47844666
So we never settled if s/he has the same powerset as Blue or anything personality wise? Other than his/her vendetta because being friends Blue Cobalt ruined her reputation so she had to work her ass to get where she is now.
>>
File: ajax_by_133art-d9gbhmd.jpg (123 KB, 730x1095) Image search: [Google]
ajax_by_133art-d9gbhmd.jpg
123 KB, 730x1095
>>
>>47842179
I'm imagining the feel of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen; subtler powers, no skintight costumes.

I think sensory/internal powers would fit really well. No control over the fundamental forces of the universe, but maybe just the ability to
>see through walls/heat vision
>mental control over rats
>savant level skills in code cracking or marksmanship
>ability to hear radio waves

I think abilities that aren't necessarily suited toward fighting, so when you get someone with superhuman healing, it's a big fucking deal. Plus you don't get as strong a power creep and (hopefully) the players won't just treat their powers like hammers
>>
>>47844808
Personally I think that having any gender for Chroma Green is extraneous, but considering we have a picture of a "male" CG, I'd go with that. Besides, it provides the idea that maybe he had a crush before he realized BC didn't swing for that team.

I'd say that he owes his position to a curt, professional attitude and a calm demeanor. He would still have enhanced strength, but not to the degree of BC, making up for it with the latest of Chroman tech. Be it exo-suits, superior firepower, or strategic advantage, he will always go for the pure tactical advantage. The disadvantage to that is that his numbers will take very large casualties ala Bittenfeld, and they may resent him for that, but they're filthy Reds what do they know?

After his near-banishment from the Blue Cobalt incident, he has the color class lines heavily embedded in his actions and mindset. This could be the result of mind-control, conditioning, or good old-fashioned peer pressure. As such, he will often underestimate BC and her "primitive" friends.
>>
>>47841460
All the best powers emit an ominous low-frequency hum.

Time Warp?
"VWUMMMMMMMMMM!"

Tesla charge?
"Whumumumumummmmm!"

Gravity Manipulation?
"Bwummmmmmmmmmm"
>>
>>47845352
I fucking dig this for Chroma Green.
>>
>>47845352
That all sounds good to me, especially the unrequited love bit. In the thread Green was thought up in we had been wondering what personal. One other suggestion in that thread is that Green always stood up for Blue Cobalt who was in trouble a lot for being a mix between two colors, but eventually got tired of getting into trouble as well and decided "now years later with the both of them grown up she might hop a shuttle to Earth just to find her and kick her ass". And that could work too, but I do like your idea more.
>>
>>47842179
>>47845253
>!Riddick
Has amazing night/UV vision, but daylight is too bright for them now. Wear welder's goggles/ travels through the sewers
>bloodhound
Can track anyone across the city, provided they have the scent. Obsessively clean, wine connoisseur.
>pyro
sweats an oil like gasoline/kerosene that lets them set himself on fire without being burned. Can't spontaneously combust, but can leave oil trails as a fuse and sling burning oil off his hands
>Francis
can't feel pain
>squeler/sherlock
Super observation skills. Can read body language to tell if you're lying or to make educated guesses about surroundings.
>dynamo
Body can store and channel electricity. Slowly builds up a natural charge over time(or can steal others' natural electricity, killing them)
>Ectomorph
Super metabolism; sleeps very little, if at all. Resistant to poison and illness, heals faster than normal, but needs to eat very often.
>>
>>47845352
>>47845850
Maybe he stood up for Blue Cobalt because of his crush on her. It was more or less when she decided to ditch the Chroman Empire and head to Earth, he found he she didn't swing that way. The higher up Chromen used that to help 'rehabilitate' him to be a more suitable Chorman.
>>
>>47844808
I think the idea was the greens were the warriors of the choman empire while reds were the scientists and blues were something I forget. so yeah she would have similar abilities to cobalt blue unless she's some sort of alien super
>>
>>47846421
It was that Green was Officers and leaders, Blue were scientists, Red were Warriors, tons of shit man. Blue Cobalt is purple in heritage, all the strength of a Red with the demeanor and mind of a Blue.
>>
>>47846421
Wait I thought green were the strategists,reds were the warriors, and blues were the scientists.
>>
>>47846421
>>47846562
>>47846565
So are there any other colors ?
>>
>>47846718
ROYGBIV, White, and Black I think were decided on. I don't remember what was decided for roles, but each color has a Chroma who is sort of the head of that caste.
>>
>>47846771
What's left for caste stuff?
>>
>>47846864
Pretty much anything really, only ones taken are Soldiers, Scientists, and Officers. Still need a true leader caste of bureaucrats or something, my vote for that goes to White.
>>
>>47846771
I think whites were the manual laborers.
>>
>>47846916
I think white and black should be the top two in the society.
>>
>>47846916
>>47847286
Here's an idea

Whites are the oversers of the society. They make sure that all the cogs keep turning and orderly. They are judge,jury and the executioners.They set the status quo for the colorful empire and it's Chroma White's job to give each color/Chroma Commander a sense of direction.

The Blacks is a servant caste. Everyone in the society has some lowly Black in their home to make their dinner,entertain them or whatever menial task that that particular Chroman wants. Blacks are considered the lowest part of society, they lack a Chroma Commander and some Chromen even pity them. In reality, they serve as the secret police to the empire. Only the Chroma Commanders know their true purpose in their society.

An idea for a cosmic supers game is that the Blacks stage a c'oup against the Chroma Commanders and take the empire for themselves.
>>
>>47843809
Because it vaguely resembles an anus.
>>
>>47846918
>>47847286
I think this would work a bit, give me feedback on it.

Red=Soldiers
Orange=Law Enforcement, more intelligent than Red, less strong and agile
Yellow=Artists, source of ideas, art, and nonstandard thinking
Green=Officers, very intelligent, have a commanding presence
Blue=Scientists, very cold and calculating
Indigo=Engineers, the strengths of Yellow and Blue combined, tend to be quirky at best, downright crazy at worst
Violet=Judges, will always hold to the "Chroman Code" and are there to interpret what is "morally right"

>>47847704
I like that, but my idea with the White Caste was to combine Labourers and Overseers. So as to better know their constituents (blend in to avoid assassination), all governmental leaders are White Chromen. The general populace is comprised of White and Black Chromen in a large majority. This means that Jo'jon who you buy varskag meat from could really be the Supreme Leader and you wouldn't know. Same applies to Black Chromen, some are Space Spetsnaz, some are normal.
>>
File: 1430084389682.gif (560 KB, 257x192) Image search: [Google]
1430084389682.gif
560 KB, 257x192
>Joining a supers game soon
>Wanted to make a super tank from ancient greece teleported to modern day due to temporal shenanigans
>Super tough, pretty damn strongs
>Just punches things and tanks everything
>Realize I just made Marvel Hercules
>DM wants me to make him an alien or other dimensional being since he wants no time travel
>Can't figure out a way to fluff him
>>
>>47848166
There are other ways to travel through time that don't involve time travel. He could be frozen in ice or turned to stone by Medusa or something, then freed in modern times without aging or awareness of the time that passed.
>>
>>47848166
>>47848228
alternately you could have him kidnapped by aliens, by the time he gets back it's the modern day.
>>
>>47841378
Need some help with a character with a lot of parts. The idea is he is a ghost of a psychic dinosaur, probably a uhtaraptor. His ghost is anchored to this world by his fossil, and recently i had the idea for it to have a life and mind drain effect, to explain his human level intelligence and that he has not been aware for all 65 million years. He is quite cynical due to being born doomed, as one of the post-impact generation.
any hints on how to bring this together and clean it up?
>>
>>47841378

The greatest part of this character is that his name is Arm Fall Off Boy.
>>
>>47848166
give him a Wonderwoman style background?
have him be "awoken" from slumber by the greek gods in their time of greatest need?
make him an alium?
give him smallish healing powers and have him have been in a coma in a tomb until someone removed a something from his skull?
>>
>>47848166
You are a member of a demigod-like race of humanoid aliens, you have been to earth before, and demonstrate knowledge of it's geography and life forms, but all your knowledge of human culture is from the Mycenaean bronze Age, as travelling for extended periods in suspended animation by FTL has relativistically "flung you into the future", and so technically you are ancient even by the long-lived standards of your people.
>>
>>47846009
>>47846009
>>47846009
>Ectomorph
Super metabolism; sleeps very little, if at all. Resistant to poison and illness, heals faster than normal, but needs to eat very often.

This sounds like a shonen anime protag. I LOVE IT!

>Pyro
>alternates between being a fire fighter to save people and just setting themselves on fire and tackling people while on fire.

Okay, I know you had to have had a giggle making up that one.
>>
File: med.jpg (76 KB, 512x374) Image search: [Google]
med.jpg
76 KB, 512x374
>>47849168
>>47849046
>>47848280
>>47848228

We're currently a PL 8 game. Not quite Demi-God but definitely someone gifted. D-list heroes stepping up as everyone else is AWOL kinda shit. I've been juggling the ideas a few of you have been pitching but I had just found the perfectly plagiarized art to use.

Hard to deviate when you grabbed some art and based the character on it.
>>
>>47848166
A race of super-beings who live under Olympus Mons on Mars and planted the seeds of Greek culture, but haven't been back to Earth since the classical era due to some Prime Directive shit and/or being too busy having thousand-year orgies.
>>
>>47849646
>Mockingbird
Can perfectly replicate any sound they heard in the past hour.

>The Ghost
Leaves no trace, literally can't. Trying to find him is impossible once he has left, but his power doesn't extend to people who have seen him. In deep dept to the mob.

>Johnny Sticks
If it involves hitting a ball with a stick, he can do it. A local pool shark by day, a baseball-smacking vigilante by night.

>Tap
Sweats alcohol. A side-effect to his biology is an immunity to most poisons and diseases, but nobody cares about that. Actually hates the taste of alcohol. More an NPC than a PC.

>Coldfront
Can lower the temperature within 15 miles to 15 degrees Fahrenheit. Doesn't get that it's a superpower, thinks it's an old family curse.
>>
>>47845253
>>47846009
>>47849646
>>47850195
Wow anon, these are all fantastic I'm gonna make sure I get them into the game one way or another.
And the LOEG is definitely the kind of tone I want to catch.

The first player concept I've been given also fits quite well
>Speedster going by the nickname of 'Mach'
>A WW1 pilot that crashed his plane into a cloud of the lethal gas, when he returned from war he joined up with the police force
>Upon the death of his wife via the gang she was investigating, joins up with the scheme to undo it
He's even got a costume sorted out consisting of pilot goggles/pilot jacket
>>
>>47841378
...why does this guy wear dotted condoms on his arms?
>>
>>47847803
So Black and White are the epitome of Big Brother.
>>
>>47841942
>the Unsurprisable Man doesn't, he seems to just "wing it" but he's always perfectly prepared, seemingly by chance.
In M&M I'd model it as having extremely high Luck control with a shitton of hero points, to reference that he "just so happens" to have prepped for a specific situation.
>>
>>47852064
He's a alien with a weird biology.
>>
Hey I had a idea for a football star who's power is to power up the people under his command, what sort of name should I give him?
>>
>>47855583
Coach.
>>
>>47855583
Synergy?
>>
>>47848166
You're from a low tech world where you're considered a god king because you can juggle boulders and stuff. Shenanigans happen and you get abducted and taken to a strange new world full of technological wonders.
>>
>>47841766
"HENCH" ?
>>
>>47841840
Well, there was a character in Worm that had a somewhat similar sort of power. He could split his timeline in two so that he could effectively choose to do two different things, then choose which reality to keep, destroying the other one (or perhaps he just got visions of a reality where he went with a different decision). In any case, he retained the knowledge of both realities, so he could pretty much set off any traps he knew of, try to work out a way through by trial and error, then choose the reality where he gets through.

His major use of the power was to play the stockmarket so that he could hire some very expensive mercenaries, as well as hiring villain teams to do jobs for him.
>>
File: photo_2016-06-19_22-31-17.jpg (59 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-06-19_22-31-17.jpg
59 KB, 720x1280
What does /tg/ think of my totally original, and not at all a terrible parody/knockoff of captain america, character?
>>
File: x3yDF.jpg (55 KB, 600x506) Image search: [Google]
x3yDF.jpg
55 KB, 600x506
>what's the weirdest power you ever used in a supers game?
You're gonna love this: Being able to make things go viral.

My character was a largely-normal human who had a subconscious ability to make even the most mundane things wind up all over the internet, no matter how shit-tier they are. His backstory heavily implies that he is the reason Pepe infested the internet and how the Terri Schiavo drama polluted the news for weeks on end.

He became a villain known as Mass Media. His entire gimmick was that he would make small stories explode in order to have more underhanded things fall by the wayside. By bombarding the news with senseless trash, he was able to rob banks, bring down corporations, and even take down politicians without anyone finding out for days or weeks later because "DAWWWW LOOK AT DEH KITTEH!" and so on. He served as an antagonist of a supers game I co-ran and when he was beaten. The GM got the hang of making shit so I stepped down and Mass Media joined the good guys and started using his power to utterly destroy the reputations of individuals and companies who were the bad guys. It was a very simple power at a glance, but when taken to its extremes it was truly awesome.

Other than that he was just a normal 20-something videogame streamer. Since he wasn't a fighter he was more of the mission control guy, able to create or remove distractions as they were needed.
>>
>>47859443
Looks good. Do you have any details or story or anything you want to share?

And depending on his character and whether or not he has any kind of "no kill policy" you may want to consider adding a spike in the middle of his shield. Make it kind of resemble that iconic helmet. I think that would look neat.
>>
>>47859613
That does sound interesting. Lot of potential there.
>>
>>47859615
to be honest, this was mostly about the not-so-subtle visual "pun" (or whatever you would call it), and the riff on the name Oberst is a military rank in the german army, preußen is prussia, and "der erste rächer" literally means the first avenger. although giving him the rank of oberst kinda broke it a bit, since oberst is the equivalent to colonel in murrica. it should have been hauptmann preußen instead.

>adding a spike in the middle of his shield
and deface the proud prussian flag, are you mad mein herr?

>Do you have any details or story or anything you want to share?
actually, while drawing this my mind DID go to places, like an alternate history marvel setting, where germany won WW I, and the kaiserreich is the worlds superpower where all the interesting stuff happens. Oberst Preußen is a decorated war hero from the great war (wich is the ONLY world war in this history, since with germany's victory the second one wont happen), who broke the siege of verdun allowing a huge amount of resources to be rerouted elsewhere.
And now, 100 years after the war he was reawakened from his cryogenic slumber in the "Arktische Kolonie deutscher Nation" to help fight the newly reformed communist russia.

that's all i got. sorry.
>>
>>47859947
whoops, forgot to close the spoiler.... oh well...
>>
>>47859638
Yeah, I tried to do a power that had never been done before and that was the only thing I could come up with and I'm quite certain that it has been done in the past.
>>
It's Father's Day, so what role does your hero's father play ? Did he inspire them? Did he make them feel ashamed of their abilities or life choices? Or did they teach them a lesson by dying in a pool of blood for no reason at all?
>>
>>47860711
heroes
>paladin
dad was a truck driver and wasn't home much.
taught paladin to appreciate the little things in life and most of his morals as well as how to fight.
shared a love of science fiction and comic books, was never as big into fantasy as his son was.
>nercocop
read him and his brother Dick Tracy comics every night before bed, until he was falsely arrested and killed in jail.

villains
>one vs one
alcoholic who pretty much let the TV raise his kid along with some cheap Chinese knockoff fighting games. barely noticed when his kid left to go join a gang.
>Dragon
never knew him and his mother could never remember a single detail about him. his grandmother called dragon the devil's child, turns out she was kind of on the money.
his dad made a deal with the devil for superpowers and tried to cheat the devil by having some magical lawyers argue his case.
didn't work out and had him self made into th devils meat suit.
>>
>>47860711
speaking of dads, are their any legacy's in your setting and if they are what are the most famous ones?
>>
File: Chase and Trinity.png (212 KB, 1238x705) Image search: [Google]
Chase and Trinity.png
212 KB, 1238x705
>>47860711
I've never got the chance to do play in a cape game so I don't have any characters. So I'll just answer for Trinity.

Doc Chase is the reason why she's a hero. He taught her how to fight,how to find beauty in things that seem inhuman and how to be a good person. Chase can be a bit absent minded,may seem neglectful at times and he down right drives Trinity nuts but they love each other and their Cape World's Finest Duo.
>>
>>47860711
Heroes:
>Gadfly
Dad was a cop who was killed in the line of duty, his only kid was then shuffled into a horrible foster care system and when he took up heroing thought he'd be doing his dad proud by working himself to the bone and possibly until he died.

>Gouge
Her dad was killed in a freak accident when she was a little girl, meaning that she had only her mother to fall back on, ended up working at her mom's clinic to help support her emotionally.

Villains
>Misery
Father raised him and his brother on a diet of scientific journals, motivational speeches, and historical fiction, but wasn't very close to either of them, but tried his best in the end.
>>
>>47862254
Forgot to add for the heroes side
>witch
Not very good at the parenting thing, he and her mother try to make their daughters life as smooth and fun as possible with good schools, family trips to exotic locals, and buying what ever she needs. Though they're rarely home when she needs them and don't even know she was having bully problems at school. The reason their never there is due to them working with the good guy version of hydra and trying to keep her safe. So imagine their surprise when their sent to recuit the powerful witch and her summons
>>
>>47864743
aww that's cute
>>
>>47855583
Power Play.
>>
>>47864743
Do we know anything about any of the General's parents aside from Trinity's?
>>
>>47867480
There was some discussion about Baron being from a family of wizards, and Blue's parents are known to be a Blue Chroman scientist and a Red Chroman soldier, though which is which and any details on those two are unknown.
>>
>>47867513
Bluie's parents have potential to be interesting since mixing colors is a no-no but I'm drawing a blank for any ideas.
>>
>>47867806
Maybe they're little odd like she is? A Blue scientist dad who worked making weapons and wanted to be a gung ho soldier and a passive Red warrior mom that wanted to be a poet.
>>
>>47848166
He's from a magical dimension, think Arkon's world or Weridworld, that sometimes ancient men would visit in their dreams. It inspired the earliest mythology, including the mythology of he Greeks.

So he could be Hercules and several other characters like Gilgamesh and Beowulf all rolled into one.
>>
>>47867869
SO her parents bonded over wanting to be something outside of their caste system. So maybe they instilled to Blue Cobalt to follow her dreams and don't let anyone be able to define her?
>>
>>47868581
Yeah. They sent her to Earth to accomplish her own dreams to sort of make up for all the compromises they had to made to fit in within Chroman society.
>>
>>47868784
Any ideas for their names? Navy Blue and Coral Red?
>>
>>47869605
I like it!

As an added plot hook elements of the Empire could be searching the empire for a husband to mate with Cobalt. Someone with whom she can produce a race of purple Chroman with who will balance intellect with warrior instinct and bring vitality to the Chroman Empire. Some thing this is the shot in the arm the old empire needs to start innovating again. Other elements within the empire thing the idea is degenerate. What does poor Cobalt want though?

Green I see as still harboring feelings deep down for Cobalt Blue. He secretly finds her independent nature fascinating. But he's also out for vengeance. He interprets her leaving the Empire as a slight against all the times he stood up for her. He also wants to annex Earth into the Empire, which could make him both a friend and enemy to the PCs. He wants to control earth, maybe even rule it as governor, but that also means he has to protect it.
>>
>>47869685
>What does poor Cobalt want though?
Psinobi
>>
File: first sketch.png (133 KB, 489x893) Image search: [Google]
first sketch.png
133 KB, 489x893
>>47869685
>What does poor Cobalt want though?
To fuck Earth women.

She may or may not be infertile, anyway.
>>
>>47869742
If she's gay does it even matter if she's fertile or not ?
>>
>>47869758
Well it matters for the Chromans. But being gay/bi is kinda separate.

I mean, maybe she wasn't the first time a hybrid happened in their history; but they were all infertile. Still, the few in the know people want to test it - /very extensively/.
She wouldn't want to get endless sperm samples shoved into her vagina in hopes that one of them takes, regardless of whether she likes dicks in general or not.
>>
>>47869758
It matters to the empire of course.

If she could breed with the dirty animals that are humans and produce offspring they'd have a potential "tainted" offshoot of the Chromans. Given how much they care about racial purity they'd likely freak.

>>47869717
Poor girl feels like she could use a bit more development compare to the other Generals. She's a college student ninja. Any ideas how she developed her powers? Does she have an enemy? All the other Generals have a couple of bad guys that are "theirs". Bizarre has The Pale. Trinity has Heart Throb. Cobalt has Green and the Chromans. Doc has his ex-wife Magpie.

Psinobi needs a baddie all her own.

>>47869805
I like this. Either through mutation or through something her parents did she's the first hybrid to break the genetic "copy protection" all Chromans have that make hybrids infertile. And it scares/fascinates the Empire.
>>
>>47869815
>Either through mutation or through something her parents did she's the first hybrid to break the genetic "copy protection" all Chromans have that make hybrids infertile. And it scares/fascinates the Empire.
I wouldn't go for that.

The levels of resources dedicated to "one more of those semi-rare hybrids popped up, capture it just on a chance that it's fertile" vs "confirmed fertile hybrid" would be rather different. Although could make it a plot progression - first it's just a few scouts looking for where her parents sent her off; then they confirm location and try capture; then after one time they succeed in capturing and analyse her the crew busts her out but it's too late the message has been sent and then it's space war time.

>Psinobi needs a baddie all her own.
>Poor girl feels like she could use a bit more development compare to the other Generals.
Yeah she's kinda lacking. Not much things to hook with plot.
I mean, could always do a standard "last survivor of the clan" thing.

Maybe try RNG for a baddie?
>>
>>47869874
>but it's too late the message has been sent and then it's space war time.
>That episode of The Generals where an intergalactic war was fought over Blue Cobalt's vagina

>Maybe try RNG for a baddie?
We haven't done that for a while, sure, sounds fun.
>>
>>47869874
Yeah, one could mess with the fluff as a kind of difficulty setting. Normal mode is that Blue Cobalt is a rarish hybrid, some of whom are infertile. Hard mode is "This has never happened before SCRAMBLE ALL STARFIGHTERS"
>>
>>47869758
In theory, she could have her eggs surgically removed to be later fertilized in some Chroman lab.
>>
>>47869815
>>47869874
I thought Sensei Serpent was her villain. But do we even have a personality for this poor girl?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2238x2079) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2238x2079
>>47869886
>>That episode of The Generals where an intergalactic war was fought over Blue Cobalt's vagina
That made me laugh way too hard
>>
>>47869886
>We haven't done that for a while, sure, sounds fun.
Well gimme up some d20

>>47869909
>I thought Sensei Serpent was her villain.
Oh yeah, that guy.
Also teamed up with science themed Machine Tyrant who was genned as a rival to Doc Chase, if I recall correctly.

>But do we even have a personality for this poor girl?
RNG has kinda penned her into the stoic type.

>>47869894
>level 1: previous hybrids were all infertile, there's just a remote chance she isn't and the forces allocated are small
>level 2: a few of previous hybrids were fertile and created "perfect" caste mixes in the past that were hailed as great leaders; however they all peter out generations down. They want her in order to get a new general, but it's still not a guarantee
>level 1 to 0: she is captured and discovered to be infertile. The probing was definitely unpleasant, but the aliens fuck off after that
>level 1 to OHFUCK: she is captured and discovered fertile. War ensues. And when you're done with the war, she's pregnant too.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>47869958
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>47869958
>she is captured and discovered fertile. War ensues. And when you're done with the war, she's pregnant too.
Im sure the pcs would have fun with that.
>>
>>47869972
9 is a Mystic
>>47869973
18 is a Mystic Master: mastered arcane arts through training

More rolls!
>>
>>47869958
>>47869973
Yeah, kind of wonder if there should be a third option where Blue is more active a character and not literally raped. Don't mean to sound upset or judgmental or anything, just saying that if we want to make this "possibly fertile hybrid" story a playable campaign, it should be flexible. Maybe even a fourth option where PCs can try and locate another hybrid, or just surgically take out some eggs to give to the Chromen. And considering that that would require surgery on an indestructible alien, one whose biology in unique and unknown even to other Chromen as a hybrid, that could prove a challenge itself, requiring some relevant skills or equipment, or maybe some help from Chase if he's available.

>That episode of The Generals where Chase has seen enough hentai to know that the best option is to just remove anything that could be impregnated
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>47870026
>That episode of the generals where Trinity finds her dad's hentai stache
>that episode of the Generals where Blue Cobalt watches a 'hentai' to gain Chase's insight to see where things are going
>>
>>47870040
Roll was meant for >>47869996
>>
>>47870026
Well of course it's all just options.
The first concepts were just "hybrids are bad, remove kebab".
Then came the option in which they want her.
Maybe it's just for vagina to make second-stage hybrids even better.
Or maybe they don't want more breeding, they think she is already outstanding and want to train her into a suitable leader for a new push of galactic conquest. That's completely independent of her wombular capabilities or sexual orientation.

> Maybe even a fourth option where PCs can try and locate another hybrid, or just surgically take out some eggs to give to the Chromen
Sure, possible. The Generals beat up a group hunting her and ask them wtf they even want (which is going to be a challenge, given Chromen arrogance the initial answers would be a repeat of "you primitives won't understand, give her to us!").
Then it's options between
>give eggs, gotta figure out how
>>sub-option she's infertile, peace
>>sub-option she's fertile, chromen want more eggs
>yeah no, fuck off back to space you dickheads
>supervillain with cloning equipment somehow finds out and wants to cut a deal. Putting aside of what the guy will do with his pay, is it even moral to make a clone for express purpose of selling it off?

>>47870068
There's a standard headquarters/lab.
And then 16 is Advantages: Student of the Arts (well, fitting) - ritualist, well-informed

Next up skills
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>47870092
>>
>>47870106
Occult Investigator: Investigation 4, Sleight of hand 4
(plus default expertise magic 10; insight 6; perception 4)

So he has a skillset particular to /finding ninjas/
>>
>>47845359
This guy gets it
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B9za3TrVT3g
Low frequency sounds are badass af
>>
>>47870115
Oh yeah next up is the MAAAGIC array.
Five dice please.
>>
Rolled 20, 7, 1, 18, 8 = 54 (5d20)

>>47870123
>>
>>47870144
>Baseline 12 damage blast
>20: Phantasm (illusion)
>7: Strength boost
>1: Concealing darkness burst
>18: energy constructs
>8: oops double.
I'll take it from the post number as
>4: Enervation, weakening physical abilities

So, we have a solid set for messing around with people.

>standard secondary array of flight, protection and astral projection

Next, other powers, 1d20
>>
>>47870160
Nobody to roll?
Eh fuck it, I'll take my own post.
20: Mystic Awareness.

So what we have is a guy with investigation skills, magic sight and concealment, misdirection and obstacle in combat.

So we could do a semi-heroic antagonist.
He is an investigator into the occult, and has been at it enough to gain some powers for himself. So now he is on the trail of Psinobi for... reasons? Ok anybody has ideas how to hook them?
>>
>>47870381
Investigating Psinobi's psychic abilities?
>>
>>47870398
Not much antagonist.

Maybe he's a guy that has a grudge against the clan of psychic ninjas and Psinobi is a last remnant of the clan (from her family running away but still teaching her the skills for safety).

Then this guy pulled up with actually righteous revenge against them.
But now he wants every last one, even if they didn't have shit to do with what got him on the rampage.
>>
ded
>>
>>47870554
could very well be interesting but what would the ninja clan have done to him to piss him off so much?
maybe some killed his family and now he's going punisher on them?
>>
>>47872084
Yeah, something along those lines. So now he's on an anti-psychics/mages crusade.

Perhaps even give him a typical-hero secret identity - he's paranormal consultant/PI in day job that he uses to sniff about for trouble and then goes all murdery in the night.
>>
What's a good backstory for a guy who's only power is being completely indestructible. I'm stuck between making it a magical curse, a quantum-physics thing, or somthing else I haven't thought of
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 616x875) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 616x875
>>47851651

The concept makes me think of pic related.
>>
>>47872631
crazy dare devil went looking for indestructibility so he could do even more crazy shunts. made a deal with some aliens that they could record his life and see the limits of indestructibility while he does all the tests.

>>47872710
that makes me think a little, if you guys had to use a superhero setting as the one for your games what would it be?
>>
>>47870381
He could be a super-rich guy who has an obsession with hunting psychics for sport. Ever since he first learned of their existence, he's wanted to eradicate Psinobi's clan, and considers Psinobi herself the ultimate "prize".

Could have a whole side story where he kidnaps her and some young psychics who are much less in tune with their powers, and places them on his private island. She mentors them while simultaneously trying to escape.
>>
>>47869909
Isn't Psinobi a grad student and Doc Chase is one of her professors? What's her major? Super science ?
>>
>>47870092
>is it even moral to make a clone for express purpose of selling it off?

Another moral dilemma that may come up could come from any cooperation. Even in a best case scenario where Blue understands just how badly the Chromen may want to knock her up and gets some eggs removed beforehand to be stored away and labelled "in case of /d/ aliens", and the Chromen get what they want with no drama or war, there is still the issue of what they are planning to do with those eggs.

You could have another scenario where that whole ordeal had already happened years ago; Chromen got the eggs and everyone just forgot about it. But, in the middle of some adventure is space, the PCs come across some Chromen with a mix of traits, including a resemblance to Blue, pass some check to discover that these are Blue's kids, and then do something from there. They could still be children being raised in some lab or some secret military base, or they could have gone through some sci-fi aging thing and be adult soldiers now fighting and killing and dying in the Chroman armies. Or, if you want to be real dark about it just make them actual space child soldiers.

In whatever case, I feel like that scenario has some potential. You could try and bring them back to Earth, just accept their fate and then deal with whether or not to tell Blue Cobalt about all this, or even have Blue herself be in the situation, have some drama where she realizes that despite never being pregnant there is now an army of her children that have been raised without her as soldiers, something she may not have fully considered when she came to the solution of just giving her eggs away, and now she may decide to take responsibility.

>That episode of The Generals where Blue has to explain to whoever she gets shipped with that she has literally hundreds or thousands of illegitimate children
>That episode of The Generals where this explanation is prompted by a Chroman invasion led by them
>>
File: jones. not a robot..jpg (1 MB, 1797x849) Image search: [Google]
jones. not a robot..jpg
1 MB, 1797x849
>>47872631
"Recently became" indestructible or "time abyss" indestructible?
>>
>>47875452
>whoever she gets shipped with
Blue will always be alone.
>>
File: feels bad.png (330 KB, 715x1522) Image search: [Google]
feels bad.png
330 KB, 715x1522
>>47876301
Probably, yeah.
>>
>>47876301
Haven´t been in this general for a while, so I don´t know if stuff changed but didn´t blue cobalt have an unrequited crush on psinobi?
>>
>>47876379
Yes. She may eventually actually get together with someone else, but considering she'd have to be a lesbian too, and OK with dating aliens, and not by intimidated by the constant super threats pit against Blue, the odds of that happening is kind of low.
>>
>>47876552
Maybe someday she'll realize that her gayness was just a phase and she'll go to her one true love. Chroma Green.
>>
>>47876552
Maybe an rival that´s introduced relatively late in the "comics" and starts out as an enemy first? Dosn´t have to be human either.
>>
>>47876653
Oops, forgot to delete my trip, sorry.
>>
>>47876653
Well there's that Brazilian one and that one villain that was kind of a masochist
>>
>>47876647
I want Green Chromen to leave.
>>
>>47876683
Fucking human filth
>>
>>47876681
Could elaborate? Probably forgot who you´re talking about now.
>>
>>47876809
The Brazillian chick(I think her name is Decante) is half-alien of a race of space pirates that the Chromen hate. HEr dad told her horror stories about the Chromen and she initially expects the worse out of Blue Cobalt.

The masochist one I can't remember her name or fidn her in the pastebin but I could have sworn she was a thing that was made in one of these threads. She was a powerhouse that gets some sense of joy finding people being able to beat her something along those lines.
>>
>>47876914
Oh, you meant the brazilian who was supposedly one of the most beautiful people alive? Migth work with Decante thinking about Blue Cobalt as an undercover villain constantly and constantly trying to find evidence of those claims, until she runs for once in all of the generals, teams up or witnesses the chroman invasion?

Know who you mean with masochist now, allthough can´t place the name either.
>>
File: ms majesty.png (137 KB, 561x1020) Image search: [Google]
ms majesty.png
137 KB, 561x1020
>>47876914
Ms. Majesty.
>>
>>47877050
Yeah that's who I meant.
>>47877060
Why don't we have more stuff of Ms.Majesty? She'd probably get along with Science Tyrant's band of villains.
>>
>>47876681
Could also be someone with some connections to Mental or Spiritual Earth, or an inhabitant. Blue Cobalt, coming from a species that had destroyed all but the physical, scientific realm of their planet, might feel intrigued by them, and the Mental/Spiritual one might find Blue interesting and unique or even something of a challenge because of her isolation and resistance to otherworldly things.

Especially if it's some centuries old spirit that had become bored because she could just magic her way into defeating, manipulating or tricking anyone else.
>>
>>47877244
>Blue Cobalt starts dating the Baron's Mental self
That'd be interesting.
>>
>>47877666
>Alien mom flirting with ninja sister
>Alien mom starts dating spirit mom
Trinity had an interesting childhood.
>>
File: Stardust 1 p1.jpg (280 KB, 1024x714) Image search: [Google]
Stardust 1 p1.jpg
280 KB, 1024x714
>>47877244
>coming from a species that had destroyed all but the physical, scientific realm of their planet,
have to wonder what the hell they did to do that? maybe we can make a cobalt blue villain or ally out of that idea.
some sort of chromen wizard who, by being the only wizard on his planet/species, has a lot of pull with what's left of the spiritual world and is thus making some sort of superwizard.
>>
>>47877823
>bio mom is a super villain
>bio dad puts you in danger to get life experience,gain a sense of adventure and SCIENCE
>magic dad is possibly insane and has to keep a wife a secret from everyone
>spirit mom is fun is dating alien mom
>Alien mom wants to be with ninja sister but settles for spirit mom
>ninja sister has to deal with the awkwardness of rejecting alien mom's advances,save the world and find a way to pass bio dad's class
>Trinity tries discussing her family life to the Junior Generals
>most of them wonder how Trinity's the most functional out of all them when that's her family life
>>
>>47877887
>Stardust
What would the best rules system for golden age characters be?
>>
>>47879381
I'd guess something rules light/narrative base like Marvel Heroic or Wild Talents.
>>
>>47877242
>Why don't we have more stuff of Ms.Majesty?
well we had a thing about her organising a all female super MMA tourney with the winner getting to fight her.
>>
>>47841378
Is this where we talk about supers we've wanted to make for games? I've got some good ones, if this is the place.
>>
>>47880747
It sure is, go ahead.
>>
>>47880747
indeed it is!
>>
>>47880764
>>47880930
Okay then. I kinda lied, though. By 'good', I meant 'dumb, but in a good way'. These superheroes are all on the goofy side, but I like them regardless.

>Major Appliance
A US solider who was injured in the front lines. The American Cyborg Super-Soldier Fund was running dry, so the government saved his life by replacing his missing parts with those of washing machine.

>Hot & Cold
Twin superheroes with powers over fire and ice. Their powers are stronger when they are close to each other, but weaker if they move too far apart.

>Grenoullotine
A French gun-toting vigilante who was cursed with the body of a frog by a witch. He still fights crime as an angry amphibian with a chip on his shoulder.

>Stretch
A genius doctor with the power to stretch his body to any length. He's not a crazy idiot, so he predominantly stays at his lab researching various superscience things instead of fighting crime.

>Doordevil
A door demon from a gateway dimension. He can 'open' or 'close' just about anything with his door magic. During the day, he works as a doorman for a fancy hotel.

>African Thunder
A black man with lightning powers. He has poor self esteem because he knows this gimmick has been done many times before.
>>
>>47881051
>>African Thunder
>A black man with lightning powers. He has poor self esteem because he knows this gimmick has been done many times before.
I'd go with Chocolate Thunder but I dig these ideas. They seem fun.
>>
>>47881051
>These superheroes are all on the goofy side
nonsense, all the best superheroes are a little goofy at their core.
yours seem pretty all right to me.
>>
>>47881086
Chocolate Thunder is great. Changing it.

>>47881227
You think so? I was worried they might be too goofy, but compared to how strange other comic book characters can be, these guys aren't that bad.

I don't know anything about this Cape World you guys are building (I'm reading up on it), but you're welcome to use any of these characters I made for it.
>>
>>47881346
yep, the only one I have some issue with is major appliance. that one seem a bit too much like outright parody to me, but hey it's your hero and plus you could always have it be a super washing machine with high pressure water jets or something.
>>
>>47881483
Obviously he'd have to make up for having silliest hero concept by being the straight man of whatever group he's a part of.
>>
>>47881657
ohh I like it.
>>
>>47877897
them wonder how Trinity's the most functional out of all them when that's her family life
Most of the Junior Generals were made in a lab in someway shape or form. It's not like they know what having a family is like
>>
>>47880572
Oh right, isn't that where Ms.Cryptic vs Virginia Daring picture came from?
>>
File: Doormaster 1.png (299 KB, 717x929) Image search: [Google]
Doormaster 1.png
299 KB, 717x929
Thoughts? 1/2
>>
File: Doormaster 2.png (111 KB, 717x929) Image search: [Google]
Doormaster 2.png
111 KB, 717x929
>>47883349
2/2
>>
>>47883349
>>47883369
so let me get this straight cause I'm terrible at reading character sheets, he's a guy who turns into a door and can make doors to teleport?
could be neat, what's his backstory?
>>
>>47877887
Stardust is the wackiest shit I have ever read, but it is so intriguing because of it.
>>
>>47883349
>>47883369
seems fine to me
>>
>>47882850
Yeah, Pele vs Haunter got teased last thread. Looking forward to seeing it.
>>
>>47885834
Wait who was Pele again?
>>
>>47885846
Hawaiian volcano goddess. part of the statesmen
>>
>>47885846
Hawaiian Statesmen rep, may or may not be the actual goddess Pele of mythology. She, or someone very much like her, fought against Amaterasu during WW2. In modern times she stands for Hawaiian independence and for reforming the Statesmen into a more efficient, less "social club" fighting force.
>>
File: 1144570-wanted.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1280) Image search: [Google]
1144570-wanted.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1280
so if I were to run a game in a similar setting to that of Wanted, what would a good way to introduce the fraternity and their level of influence? I want to keep it a bit of a surprise for whatever players I round up for it.
>>
>>47886684
The way I would do it would be have the PCs take down some low level thugs and mafiosi. They believe themselves to be the first and only super humans in the world. And then when they take down the Don they find the police are trying to kill them for some reason.

Further investigation reveals that the cops work for a member of the "fraternity" who has watched the heroes from the beginning and thinks that they're ready to be his playmates.

The Fraternity sometimes let super humans develop their powers. Just so they can have the fun of crushing them. The PCs have to fight to make sure that they won't go the way of several super hero teams before their own.

Maybe even do that scene from The Incredibles where Mr. Incredible stumbles on the skeletons of dead supers?
>>
>>47877823
I hope she doesn't turn out like Rusty Venture
>>
So for AY LMAOS we got

1. The Grays, who are Elders of the Universe tier beings that no one thinks really exist. Extrahuman and his brothers gave up their cosmic powers to live with the beings their race has watched in silence for aeons. They do things behind the scenes and like to stay out of the way of the younger civilizations,

2. Chroman Empire. Spanish Armada plus Victorian England with modernism inspired aesthetics. They believe they have a destiny to uplift all the lesser races of the universe through controlled breeding and Chroman rulership. They also double as a peace keeping force against pure evil forces like ECHIDNA'S BROOD. They want to rule the Earth after all, not destroy it.

They nuked their mental and spiritual Earths a long time ago which makes them vulnerable in some ways to mental and spiritual attacks and invulnerable in others. A magic bolt probably won't hurt them, but they won't be able to see magic either.

SHOULD WE GO THIS ROUTE FOR CHROMANS AND MAGIC?

3. The Bloodclan Alliance
An alien race where super powers are numerous and pass through hereditary. They have a society built around blood lines and their roles. Psychics do one thing, Energy projectors do another, that sort of thing. They have a rivalry with the larger, older, and more advance Chroman Empire.

4. Dacante's People

Pirates, nomads, and explorers who travel from planet to planet by taking their atmosphere with them while they travel through space. Think floating cloud-nebulas made of alien aerokinetics. The Chroman Empire considers them a major nuisance. They plunder their ships and get away with it because they can live just about anywhere so long as they stop by a "living" planet to refresh their atsmophere clouds.

Any idea for what's on Mars and the Moon? For the Moon I sort of want there to be a society that peacefully incorporates two races-the HG bug people Selenites and those bat-people from the great moon hoax.
>>
>>47882160
>they only know about family life from sitcoms and wacky anime
>trinity's seems pretty normal
>>
File: Doa_Doa_no_Mi_Infobox.png (888 KB, 918x717) Image search: [Google]
Doa_Doa_no_Mi_Infobox.png
888 KB, 918x717
>>47881051
>>Doordevil
>A door demon from a gateway dimension. He can 'open' or 'close' just about anything with his door magic. During the day, he works as a doorman for a fancy hotel.
O hi Blueno
>>
>>47888033
>The Generals have their own cartoon series that reinforces that this is normal to them
Trinity needs normal friends cause that seems suffering.
>>
>>47887967
>Mars
Considering where the planet got it´s name from, we could make that home to an human colony with an militaristic bent.

Or we could put some sort of stagnating progenitor race on there, maybe as a source of ancient astronaut theories back on earth?

>Moon
Sounds kinda interesting. Don´t know much about the source material, but if they can peacefully coexist I´m all for it.

>Bloodclan Alliance
Isn´t "caste system" a bit too similar to the Chroman Empire or is that where the rivalry comess from?

Been trying to build a space setting myself rigth now with cloning factories for expendable assasins on the moon.
>>
>>47887967
What exactly do you mean by "vulnerable in some ways"? Just that they can't use or perceive magic themselves? I don't like the idea of the Chromen being vulnerable to mental and spiritual stuff if you meant to take it beyond that and make some forms of magic an actual weakness. One of their defining features is their driving out their own Mental and Spiritual "Earth". Assuming theirs work like Earth's, that would mean that they actually declared war on their dreams and their gods, and won. A resistance to otherworldly forces as a result seems natural and fitting, and so does losing the ability to USE those powers themselves, but any weakness might undermine that.

Probably not a good example but the only one I can think of; the Dwarves in Dragon Age are completely cut off from magic, meaning 1. they are resistant to magic attacks, and 2. they are completely unable to use magic themselves, not even being able to dream.

If that's what you meant by "vulnerable in some ways...won't be able to see magic" then sorry if I read all that wrong. Not too sure how I feel about being completely blind to magic, though, as it would limit a lot of possible events and interactions with Blue Cobalt and the rest of the Chromen. But hey, maybe that can be spun into it's own thing; Blue working with Baron to try and reopen her connections to Mental and Spiritual stuff, not enough to manipulate them or anything, just so that she can perceive and interact with their inhabitants.

Didn't mean for this post to go one for so long or get so off-track. Aside from the Chromen being vulnerable to magic thing, which I may just be interpreting wrong, that all looks good. And thanks for compiling established aliens in one post.
>>
>>47841460
>How much thought do you put into the sound your powers make?
MUDA MUDA MUDA
>>
>>47841618
One of my friends had an ability for his character called Gambler's Ace. Once per scene the first successful attack on his character is treated as a failure.
>>
>>47888064
>Mars
Physical side is dead rock housing ancient ruins hidden in moutains. Spiritual side is Barsoom. Mental side houses a handful of dieties that had a massive Ragnarock aeons ago. Now only a few survive in the lonely but peaceful ruins of a great civilization of gods. Think post-Raganrock Norse Mythology.

>Moon
You never see a space-nation that's just two or three races. They're either one race or an alliance of several races lead by humans. I thought it could be interesting to have a society where you have two races.

To play up the duality theme their spritual and mental sides are called the light and the dark and they merge and join and break apart in a "seaonsal" procession causing changes in the physical side. Think tides, lunar cycles, all that stuff cranked up to 11. Mantis poets that turn into battle happy berserkers every three months. Bat-people that don't fly a certain month out of fear of being swept into the light or the dark by their joining.

As for what lives in the light and the dark I don't know. Also there's potential to play around with werewolves and vampires. I'm not saying they're really moon aliens or anything like that, but maybe they draw on the spiritual and mental sides of the moon rather than Earth for their powers and curses?

>Bloodclan Alliance

I meant for the caste system to be similar. Its why they don't like each other. They have similar politics but they don't use them the same way. Bloodclan is about making a society the super powered blood lines. They'd rather hold back progress than change their blood line. Chroman empire is about making super power blood lines fit the society. They're willing to change and adapt to overcome, which is one of the reasons they have an edge against the Bloodclan alliance.

Its a subtle but important distinction between the two,
>>
>>47888302
Yeah, dwarf immunity was sort of what I was going for, but I'm still fuzzy on the actual details. It should probably end up an option sort of deal. Package A gives the Chromans immunity the spirit/mental, but they can't use it for anything. Package B does the same but now they can't see it. Package C allows them a little ability with the mental and spiritual at the cost of a resistance instead of an immunity.

>>47888595
>>47888595
>Blood Clan Alliance

The best way I can think of to show the difference between their society and the Chroman empire is to show how they make starships. A Bloodclan engineer would fit the starship around the bloodlines, making sure the powerful ones don't get locked out of the business. So the energy-throwers are the engines, the telepaths are the navigators and the communications, and the superman-like ones are the leaders and living weapon systems.

This means Bloodclan ships are incredibly low tech, albeit efficient. Their crewmen are living parts of the ship, and it gives them an incredible sense of fellowship. But its also a liability. If crewmen start dying your ship's systems start dying as well.

The Chroman engineer instead would start designing the best possible ship, a ship that can function all around its diverse empire, and then based on the design ask for a certain number of crewmen from the appropriate races.

Bloodclan builds people first, Chromen build idea first. A Bloodclan engineer will avoid installing a superior engine on the ship because they don't want to get shit from the guild of energy-throwers. A Chroman engine will install the superior engine and cut the amount of blue engies on the ship by a third.
>>
So been working on an alien race of courtroom judges. Haven´t gotten around to a name yet.

The Guys with the highest authority there are of course the judges, with a tribunal of around 5 being the ruling body. Directly under them are military, law enforcement and the bureaucracy. Other jobs like engineering, scinetists, merchants, farmers and so on are seen as essential but less important than their courtroom obsessed culture.

Each case is worked on with reat amount of professionalism and dedication to ensure it goes smoothly and fairly, except when you´re a member of another alien race, then you´re facing a kangaroo court and will be immedialy declared guilty and shipped of to their criminal faculties. These judgements are not for other races to know so they often don´t know what happened to people facing judgement.

>>47888595
That sounds all good. The guys on the moon though, are probably highly religious and prone to superstition. Don´t really know what else I could comment on there, sorry.
>>
>>47888595
>As for what lives in the light and the dark I don't know.
Maybe that could be a thing? We could fill in official inhabitants ourselves in the pastebin or whatever, but in the setting of Cape World it's still a big mystery? Lunar space stations would be a good setting for some real fear of the unknown, could even be used as a setting for space horror campaigns.

And your putting the light in the same feared position as the dark is, I think, a good idea. Would give more than one source of space horror and threats, and a "light side" and the things associated with it, love and goodness and whatever other concepts usually go with light in traditional "dark side vs. light side" dichotomies, can be pretty spooky too, depending on the context and how it's done.

>Bright side of the moon so bright it is just as impossible to see what's lurking in it as it would be in absolute darkness
>Character hears their mother's favorite lullaby, decades after her death and in natural radio waves coming from the moon
>PC's cherished childhood imaginary friend shows up as a real Mental entity and won't stop following them

>Party stranded on moon's surface just as light side is approaching
>Radiation and starvation is causing them to gradually lose health
>Hear soothing angelic choir promising to take them away in the distance, coming from the light side
>Relieved that they will be rescued
>Singing voices getting closer as time goes on and light side gets closer
>Discuss how close the benevolent space angel voices are getting
>Find that eachcharacter hears it at different volumes/distances
>Double check map
>Already in the light side
>Find that distance of singing angel voices has nothing to do with physical distance
>Find that distance of singing angel voices is directly related to how little health each character has left

>>47888681
Is this package thing for individual Chromen, and that's something a player would choose when coming up with their Chroman character?
>>
Don´t know if I should let this die, so I´m asking this here.

Does anyone have concrete info about the m&m 3e hero high supplement. The only information I could find was from march.

http://greenronin.com/blog/2016/03/14/ronin-round-table-hero-high-introduction/
>>
speaking of space stuff, I had a bit of a idea for space lore I came up with a while ago.
I call it the EMPOWERMENT, basically when a race reaches critical mass population wise supers start popping up.
it's sort of a do or die moment for many races as the supers tend to start fucking shit up and how a race deals with it tends to affect how they're seen by their neighbours in the galactic scale.
some races choose to kill off their supers while others embrace them, the most common question for first contact is often what did the other race do to their supers.
what do you guys think any good for cape world?
>>47888060
thank you. I'm not the only one who thought that.
>>
>>47887172
>The way I would do it would be have the PCs take down some low level thugs and mafiosi. They believe themselves to be the first and only super humans in the world. And then when they take down the Don they find the police are trying to kill them for some reason.
I was thinking about doing something like that but I was also thinking about adding some supervillains that also think they're the only superbeings on the planet, then have them and the PCs team up when the fraternity starts hunting them down.
>>
>>47890506
Just be patient, they'll release more information eventually.
>>
>>47848166
How about you say that he comes from an alien world that just so happens to mirror the look of Ancient Greece except ten times more advanced and a hundred times ahead of Mankind

Fuck it, man. Go full Kirby on this. Say that your guy is the Alpha Supreme of the Hyper Centurions and that he was chosen to protect the innocent of planet Terra from the terrible forces of the Vandaloids of Omega Absolute
>>
Does your setting encompass both western comic book archetypes and anime tropes?

I had an idea for a magical girl called Fractal who can turn two-dimensional.
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 720x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 720x432
>>47893506
Heck yeah!
The first super team ever in my setting had a kamen rider, a guy whose whole power set is pretty much the power of friendship as channeled by dragon greedy and a paladin who works on DBZ power levels.
>>
File: Jokester_e03.jpg (229 KB, 666x946) Image search: [Google]
Jokester_e03.jpg
229 KB, 666x946
in the hope of reawakening the thread, have you or your players even turned a villain to the side of good
>>
>>47841378
In Mutants and Masterminds 3E? How exactly does one defeat an enemy? I'm not noticing brusies like in 2E. Is the aim just the enemy getting 4 degrees of failure on a toughness check or them running away?
>>
So I'm curious what people will think of my long-term plot idea:

The Union (essentially a SHIELD/Avengers type deal working like a UN of the world's super teams) was enforced on the super community by world governments as a way to legitimize and oversee superheroes with self-enforcement. What was not know was the Union had planned for an eventual reverse of these circumstances of the superiority of supers overseeing normal civilizations. The Union has plans of various natures across the world. Within the City is a false-flag operation utilizing the mentally troubled, Devil (can turn a person's inner desire against themselves). First brought into the conspiracy in the 70's after the death of his Union boyfriend they have kept tabs on him leading him to discredit unreliable or troublesome supers and now to finalize their plans by making conditions uninhabitable for the Union within the city to "force" them to leave where the plan is to let the city run into ruin till they are begged back with conditions. Secondary is to flush out heroes under the radar that are unknown to the Union.
>>
>>47900794
kind of reminds me of caldrons parahuman feudalism plan in worm, otherwise not bad.
>>
>>47900922
>>>47900794

Never heard of it before.
>>
>>47901109
popular superhero web novel written by Wildbow that tends to be hit or miss for some.
parahumans are the setting's term for superhumans, I won't reveal what caldron is because spoilers.
>>
>>47899831
It still has cumulative Toughness penalty.
You either 4 degrees or two times 3 degrees to KO.
>>
>>47891492
Reminds me a little of Gurren Laggan, how the anti-spirals try to keep spiral races from getting too big otherwise they hit cosmic level and go full Star Trek.

In terms of adding it into Cape World it could work. How exactly does it work? Is it just a built in thing some races have, maybe something stuck into their genetic code by a progenitor Celestial/Monolith/Star Child race? Is it something that's regulated and watched by alien races, like if you get above 3 billion the Watchers start randomly giving super powers as a "test" to see if the race is worthy of continuing on?
>>
>>47898074
>Jokester
I still don't know why there hasn't been a book based on the Crime Syndicate world about doomed heroes struggling against bad guys that will eventually defeat them just like how on the other Earths the good guys eventually win in the end.

A book about doomed heroes that know they're doomed and fight on anyway could be so based.
>>
>>47903369
it's something that just kind of happens to every known race, like some sort of puberty on a species wide scale.
every race has their own theory abut why it happens usually reflecting on how they dealt with it, races that killed their supers tend to have theory's of them being some sort of population control or punishment from on high, while ones that embraced them tend to think of reasons like the home world giving her kids one final gift before they left for other worlds or things along those lines though that is by no means a hard and fast rule.
>>47903412
fuck yes!
>>
>>47903412
Earth 3 just seems like a fun setting.
>>
>>47903608
yeah though it would be a little hard to care about the civilians when it's pretty much canon that almost everyone there is a total asshole.
>>
>>47903709
Well you could play them off as more apathetic and following the example set by the doctrine, with a few banding together into resistance groups led by heroes.

>>47903412
>I still don't know why there hasn't been a book based on the Crime Syndicate world about doomed heroes struggling against bad guys that will eventually defeat them just like how on the other Earths the good guys eventually win in the end.
For full trope reversal you'd also need to somehow have heroes always managing to return, somehow. Which is harder to do against ruthless evils.
Unless you pull maximum arrogance card.
>>
>>47904215
>maximum arrogance

In Sydicate Rules they froze captured super heroes and periodically let them out just to have something to do.
>>
>>47904298
Well there we go then.
All the way up to super prison break scenario.
>>
Looking for a name for my game.
It's about the blackmarket behind superhero costumes.

Thoughts?
>>
>>47905904
>Hanging by a Thread
>The Looming Threat
>NO CAPES!
>>
>>47873004
Wormverse, or a ripoff of the Wormverse.
>>
>>47905931
>Looming Threat
Both of those are great.
I was also considering "Seamless".
>>
>>47905904
>blackmarket behind superhero costumes

Tell us more!
>>
so /ccg/ do any of you guys have some sort of hacker character in your setting?

also I have a bit of a challenge for you guys to get the creative juices flowing.
make a superhero/villain based on the last song you listened to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMRYLVTUswU
>journey
a super heroine who travels across the world fighting crime and having a good time.
her superpower is the more fun she and others near her are having, the more powerful she gets.
>>
>>47909343
>Seven Deadly Sins
Well they're seven drunken pirates who sailed into the Underworld and they came out empowered by each of their sins.
>>
>>47908577
Ok! Players are part of the S.T.C.
Kind of like the ATF, the superior textiles commission helps regulate the flow of extra powerful materials used in superhero costumes .
The cloth/metal used in those outfits has to be of a whole other level to resist the beating they take on a regular basis. That stuff can't fall into the wrong hands.

The villain is a fashion mogul who fell from grace and now makes popular outfits on the down low for super villains and superheroes by cheating the system.

That material is
>>
>>47912043
sounds neat so far but your post cut off half way.
>>
File: man-angry.jpg (769 KB, 1600x1129) Image search: [Google]
man-angry.jpg
769 KB, 1600x1129
>>47859613
>His backstory heavily implies that he is the reason Pepe infested the internet
You bastard!
>>
Anyone tested the Cosmic Handbook for M&M3 ?
>>
So I'm starting a PL8 M&M 3E game, set in 616 Marvel. Basic premise is that my players have been street level heroes for a few months and suddenly find out what happens when all the major heroes go off world for some major cosmic event. Mainly all the villains come out for free pillaging and consolidating their criminal empires without fear of any interference from the big boys, though street groups and people like Heroes For Hire, Punisher and Daredevil are still around and do their best to prevent any major thing from happening.

They're in Manhattan and I've been trying to think of some appropriate things to kind of "elevate" them from street level to full-fledged heroes. I've got two things planned I can do but I don't really know which one would fit the group: Mole Man/Subeterranea invasion similar to FF's first issue or a massive gang war between The Hood and the Kingpin.

So far the PCs are: Anime-dual-wielding-claymores-Son-of-Loki-teleporter, not!Ghost Rider and a wildcard character named Mole Cricket (that's all I know thus far).

Out of those two scenarios, or any other that'd you'd like to contribute, which would be more fun?
>>
>>47913650
you might want to keep a eye on the son of loki guy, that just seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

as for plots I suggest The Hood and the Kingpin gang war one and maybe have mephisto use this as a chance to get into their universe? beating back that guy has got to give you some hero credits.
>>
>>47912043
How similar is the villain to Jacobean Mugatu from Zoolander?
>>
>>47915221
That's amazing. Hadn't considered it but now I might have to. I was going to go with a more serious tone. Like a Jordan Belford in personality. Something like But I could just as easily pull something like that .
>>
File: JeanGreyPhoenix.png (78 KB, 300x454) Image search: [Google]
JeanGreyPhoenix.png
78 KB, 300x454
so /ccg/ how does death work in your setting?
is a death is final and that's it or is coming back from being blow up a thing.
further more what's the grim reaper like? the nice kind like death of the endless or disk world, an asshole. the poor over worked being a group like the soul society in bleach back when they did that sort of thing instead of being DBZ with swords.
>>
>>47909343
I have a soft spot for the "mission control voice in your ear" characters like Oracle, Otacon, Microchip. Probably wouldn't be fun to play unless the player wants to role play a lot more than roll, but personally I'd like to be a team's Microchip. Roll to hack communications and find escape routes, intercept ambushes, etc.
>>
>>47916885
In my take on cape world death is death unless you're a spiritual being or have a mental body like the Arthurian Knights or Atlanteans. Even spiritual beings "die" in a sense as they change and grow and develop. Death for them is more a gradual change into something else.

Sense we're doing the solar system I was thinking that Mercury could be afterlife themed. On the physical side Mercurians are energy beings that live off the heat of the sun. Their mental and spiritual sides are afterlives that they evolve into. Spiritual for those that want an afterlife that gradually changes, mental for those that want an afterlife where nothing changes.

They look on humanity with a mix of fear and awe. Some think its sad that humans die when they die. Some go as far as to think humans are souless monsters. Where is the human soul? A Mercurian's soul can be known. It can be measured and weighed and shown empirically to exist.

Some look on humans with pity and want to help them, but the distance Earth is from the sun weakens them, so they aren't as powerful on Earth as they are back home.

I think the Mercurians could offer a lot of story telling options. It'd be great to see THE REVEREND and DESERET and other religious characters interact with them. I think they can be interesting without going MAXIMUM FEDORA.

As a bonus twist, Mercury might not actually have an oversoul like other planets. Instead it could be apart of the sun's oversoul. The sun could be a living, thinking being who feels a responsibility for the solar system as the planets are her children.
>>
>>47841378

What's a good name for an eye-themed supervillain? His power involves creating floating 'eye' sensors.
>>
>>47916885
Relatively final in mine. Death is much like Death of the Endless, but there are some who can defy it (one hero is known for his love of games, and every time he dies he actually plays a game with death for life, and keeps winning... or Death lets him win for fun, it's not clear), or even have no death at all (generally gods and some demigods, though only the Greek ones have been seen so far - part of their powers is a Total Resurrection ability if they're killed, so you need to get around it somehow). Side note, people with no death really fucking annoy Death's reapers, though Death is noticeably silent on the matter.
>>
>>47919813
>Actual first name
Tom

>Supervillain name
Peeper

Calls his floating 'eye' sensors his "Peepers" or his "Peeps".
>>
File: Mimic.jpg (112 KB, 498x700) Image search: [Google]
Mimic.jpg
112 KB, 498x700
>>
File: Potato.jpg (17 KB, 264x185) Image search: [Google]
Potato.jpg
17 KB, 264x185
So guys I'm new to superhero roleplaying, could you please give me a quick run-down on the most popular game systems and their pros, cons and features?

Potato for attention
>>
>>47919813
Fatima if its a chick, for the eye of Fatima.

The Orb could be a good name. His little eyes are called Orb-ets. Maximum Silver age punning.
>>
>>47923172
Mutants and Masterminds 3e. Pros and Cons: crunchy. Has DC universe canons.
M&M2e: like 3e but with more vestigial D&D bits, including mechanically broken and/or pointless stuff in supplements. But some grognards gotta grog.

Marvel Heroic Roleplaying: much more fluff oriented. Even chargen is "eyeball it to fluff" rather than fixed numbers. Has Marvel canons, obviously.
>>
>>47924249
>Has DC universe canons.
That is in addition to their own original setting. Setting is shared by M&M2e, but 3e is focused for a new central location in the setting.
>>
>>47924249
>including mechanically broken
Which ones, specifically?

Oh, one benefit to M&M, perhaps 2E more than 3E (I'm not sure to be honest, but it seems I run across more of the former), is that people out there have basically statted out everybody of importance from DC, Marvel, and a bunch of other universes besides. Many also include PC builds for them as needed.
>>
>>47919470
>Moon
Duality themed. Physical side is composed of Bat people and Bug people inspired by turn of the century science fiction. The mental and spiritual side interact with each other periodically and cause changes on the physical side. They're called the light and the dark. They might have an effect on Earth's oversoul that manifests in werewolves/vampires/witches/some magic users. Earth's spiritual and mental sides not working out for your magics? Try Lunar magic!

>Mars
Physical side is a dead world with hidden wonders. Spirit is Barsoom. Mental is composed of young gods, survivors of a recent Ragnarock that killed off the older gods. They aren't quite sure what to do with their time.

>Mercury
Angels powered by the living sun itself. Missionaries to the rest of the solar system. When they die they have their choice of two afterlives, a mental or spiritual existence after physical life.

Any other ideas for the rest of the solar system?

What is Pluto? Best not-planet should be something special.
>>
>>47924896
>What is Pluto? Best not-planet should be something special.
absolutely nothing, which freaks almost everyone out because every scan, every reading says there should be something. but when ever they go there in person, there's nothing there but ice and rock.
>>
hey guy's I kind of need some help with a hacker type character for my super setting.
the short version of his backstory is he's the bastard son of the settings lex luthor expy.
his superpower is a natural understanding of coding what seems confusing to others is clear as day for him.
what I'm mainly looking for is a decent codename for him.
>>
>>47927052
and forgot my pic
and forgot to mention that I kind of imagined him as sort of a low tech decker from shadowrun
>>
>>47927052
>>47927077
Babel. Because what doesn't make sense to others makes sense to him when he's in his "tower".

Tower could be a code name for his hideout. "Come in Tower".
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.