[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/ - Curved Saber Best Saber Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74
File: Tyranus.jpg (617 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Tyranus.jpg
617 KB, 1920x1080
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>47786551

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
>>
>>47841122
Tournament just ended

>Playing Palpaces
>Play 3 freaking times against DeciVador
>Cry
>>
>>47841206
Did you went there ?
Just finished this tournament with an unholy amount of DeciVador..
>>
Given that Darkstryder is the best adventure, what's the SECOND-best?

Also, in the interests of fairness, what's the worst adventure?
>>
So after a few crazy sessions in my my EotE campaign my players were dumped on an uncharted planet by pirates who have based themselves out of an abandoned CIS station above the planet. So, the next few sessions will be them getting off of the planet and exacting their revenge. So I'm wondering what kind of things they could find on this planet?

I've got a few ideas but there's really only one that sticks out.
>the players find a group of other stranded folk who were also dumped off on planet by the pirates
>the stranded NPCs have taken residence in an ancient, crashed Hammerhead-Class Cruiser in the middle of a forest
>to everyone's surprise, the cruiser has a functioning power core, and the bridge seems like it was being used as a home already
>hacking into and searching the one functional monitor on the bridge shows that an ARC trooper, who crashed on the planet himself, lived here during the height of the Clone Wars after a deep recon mission resulted in him being stranded on this uknown CIS controlled planet

Throughout the character's exploration of the area they'll be able to find many other logs and records left behind by the ARC trooper who apparently continued with his duties by waging a lone guerilla war against the CIS forces. The last message will reveal that the ARC trooper made his way to a cliff face where he decided to perish as he watched the sunset. If the PCs make their way there, they'll be able to retrieve the troopers armor and weapon.

Yea. I stole it from New Vegas

So is there any advice I could get on trying to execute this? Also ideas on what sort of things the ARC trooper could experience in his stay, which he'll subsequently log down for the PCs to find.

Also, any ideas on what other random crap my PCs could find on this planet would be greatly appreciated, since it will be mostly sandbox.
>>
Did we ever get a full scan of Lead By Example, or images of it's expanded mass combat rules?
>>
>>47841494
Ehhhhh... my first d20 campign had Dawn of Defiance shoved in the middle. It wasn't horrible, but we didn't realise our GM was using a module AND we were playing just as Avatar was in cinemas, which... given that we were meeting giant blue not-Mesoamericans in-game... yeah.
>>
>>47843082
Oh, I think I remember that one... the one where you fought a giant assassin droid made of cortosis?
>>
>>47841924
>ideas on what sort of things the ARC trooper could experience in his stay, which he'll subsequently log down for the PCs to find
What sort of biome(s), flora, and fauna can the players expect to find down there? Weird wildlife, ancient ruins, and environmental hazards are always good journal fodder.
>>
File: SW_Saber_Examples.png (405 KB, 1084x1042) Image search: [Google]
SW_Saber_Examples.png
405 KB, 1084x1042
For each of these lightsabers, what sort of force-user would wield it?
>>
>>47844067
In descending order, the Jedi equivalents of Tycho, Hobbie, Wedge, and Wes.
>>
>>47841206
Vader confirmed best Sith.
>>
File: 1462859420185.png (237 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1462859420185.png
237 KB, 600x600
Nightbump
>>
>>47844047
You see that's the thing. I haven't really decided on anything yet so it's all up in the air.
>>
>>47846546
The desert wind howled around the hut former General Obi-Wan Kenobi called home. Sometimes he imagined he could hear the screams of the fallen in the gale. Those were the bad days. Days where he had to bundle himself up against the burning sand blown against his face and make the long, lonely trek to Achorhead with its tavern that never officially closed, even in a sandstorm like this.

Hours later, he lay slumped in his booth, barely able to keep upright as he took pulls from his third bottle of the night. The other clientele, those few who had such a strong need to forget their problems that they'd brave a Tatooine sandstorm, paid the drunken wreck in the robes of the old Jedi Order no mind. This wasn't a time for new problems, just old ones and the burning comfort of the rotgut on tap.

"We used to matter," Obi-Wan whispered to the empty air.

Nothing mattered when the dark days hit him. Not the boy, not the plan, not Yoda in his swamp. Only the cold memories of broken bonds and dead comrades were with him now. Only the knowledge that if he had been a better teacher, a better *friend*.... The thought made him take a long pull from the bottle.

"We used to matter," he repeated, though more hoarse now.

The once-proud Jedi Order dismantled and destroyed, what few survivors left scattered to the winds like grains of sand. The Republic fallen from within. Their army turned up their leaders at what should have been a moment of triumph.

Obi-Wan's grip on the bottle loosened as his body finally surrendered to the inevitable and he began to slide out of his seat into a puddle on the dirty floor. Beside him, the bottle rolled away unheeded.

"We used to matter," he mumbled again before the sweet oblivion of unconsciousness took him.
>>
File: file.png (17 KB, 236x400) Image search: [Google]
file.png
17 KB, 236x400
What improvements for this list, /tg/?

"Chopper" — VCX-100 37
Accuracy Corrector 3
Flechette Torpedoes 2
Flechette Torpedoes 2
Tactician 2
Mercenary Copilot 2
Guidance Chips 0
Ship Total: 48
Hera Syndulla — VCX-100 40
Accuracy Corrector 3
Flechette Torpedoes 2
Flechette Torpedoes 2
Nien Nunb 1
Tactician 2
Guidance Chips 0
Ship Total: 50
>>
File: 1423541465324.png (41 KB, 197x204) Image search: [Google]
1423541465324.png
41 KB, 197x204
>>47849002
>>
File: U fokkin wot m8.jpg (56 KB, 530x558) Image search: [Google]
U fokkin wot m8.jpg
56 KB, 530x558
>>47849002
This list makes me anxious.
>>
>>47844067
OR you just don't buy saberforge crap
>>
>>47849002
Drop the ACs, put FCS instead, it's a lot more useful with torps. With the points you have drop Nien Numb and take a Navigator. Also drop that Mercenary Copilot for something actually useful.
>>
>>47851687

The only use AC would have in that build would be if you paired it up with Munitions Failsafe and used it to spend TL's to stress a target as an attack.

Then you pair it up with a Phantom and toss in an Ion Turret. So that's 1 Stress and 1 Ion Token a turn then.
Or 2 Ion Tokens if it's a big ship.
>>
>>47852168

Essentially, I'm talking about something like this

Which is VERY VERY similar to a list that brutally manhandled me in the second round of my store tournement yesterday.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!156:107,0,-1,58,38,38:25:7:;162:-1,164:26:-1:;4:-1,77:-1:20:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
>>
>>47852191
that's a pretty cool

Which faction where you playing with?
>>
>>47852326

Scum, I was doing Guri-Dengar. Won 2 lost 2.
>>
>>47841272
You know what I've noticed about X-wing? 100% dudes. Every town has 2-3 chicks with pink Tyranids, and girl Magic players are a diamond dozen, but no women play X-wing.

Why? Girls like Star Wars, X-wing is definitely one of the least spergy wargames on the market, it seems like a no-brainer.
>>
>>47852798
I didn't noticd until now, but yeah its the same in my local area. Not a single ladygirl with xwing
>>
>>47852798
sadly for you that particular tournament had 8 girls on approx 60 player.
>>
>>47853440
oh yeah man definitely looks like it. they have rad beards.
>>
>>47853493
that is the end of the day pic of the store, not the actual tournament participants. but whatever
>>
>>47853593
oh so they all bailed asap to get away from your grognardy asses? makes sense now.
>>
>>47853663
No, the tournament ended 4 hours before the closing of the store that is all.
You know in Europe Girls playing tabletop isn't so incredible that we take 10000 photos of them at every moments.
But whatever amerifat, seems like you know how the story much more than those actually there.
you also don't know how to count obviously.
That photo isn't even half the participants.
>>
Fairly new to X-wing but I was hoping some fellow fa/tg/uys could help me out with buying into interceptors. Currently I own the Slave 1, Tie Advance and 2 sets of core set tie fighters.

What would be the best way of buying interceptors? Getting a few single packs or getting the imperial aces? I'm not after anything competitive just a small interceptor group that'll hold its own.

Cheers guys
>>
>>47853873
One individual booster and one Imp Aces.
>>
>>47853943
Thanks for the speedy reply
>>
>>47853737
teeheehee
>>
>>47853440
>>47853737
Woah okay there matey, there was no need to go nuclear. I was making a general observation, one based off my local scene and pictures FFG posts on their own website. Yikes.
>>
>>47853873
1 of each is a good start. That gets you every pilot and a good bunch of upgrades. Proxy autothrusters for now.
>>
Has anyone gotten the chance to play with the new Tie Bombers from imperial veterans yet? How do they compare to the Tie Punisher?
>>
>>47855258
"Deathfire" is fine. Kind of situational. His low PS hurts him more than you'd think.
Gamma Squad Vet is nice. The addition of the EPT goes a long way. VI boosting it to PS7 makes for a good early-round ordnance hitter and makes up for the lack of shielding.
Tomax is a fucking beast. Probably the best ace in the box. Ryad is fun but eventually she'll get outflanked by a higher PS ace and taken down. People like the idea of pairing him with Crack Shot, but for your money I think Adrenaline Rush is the better EPT to pair with him. White 5 K-turns and 2-banks make him dead killy.
>>
>>47844067
> Jedi Guardian
> Jedi Scout
> Jedi Consular
> Reformed Sith
>>
>>47852168
Yeah it's good for the failsafe trick but still, i don't think not doing damage is a smart play with a 2 ship list
>>
>>47856649

You still get 1 with the Ion Turret. The point of a double Recon Kanan build is more to nerf attacks continually whilst slowly chipping away at your opponent anyway.
>>
So what's the point of taking Intel Agent on a Bumpmaster? As far as I can tell it has no ability to reposition.
>>
>>47857815
Barrel Roll
>>
>>47857815
Jumpmasters have Barrel-Roll built in so you can use the Intel Agent to set up for it.
>>
>>47857959
Doi. Thanks.
>>
This came up in a discussion, but if star wars had been a dnd campaign, what class would Palpatine be? A cleric?
I figure Anakin would be a paladin/fallen paladin turned blackguard.
>>
>>47858198

Palps is a fucking Lich with pretty much every spell in the players handbook under his belt.

Anakin is a Paladin with a catastrophically low Wis score.
>>
>>47858632
Typical Jedi propaganda. In his view the Jedi were evil.
>>
File: Sith Legends.png (275 KB, 622x494) Image search: [Google]
Sith Legends.png
275 KB, 622x494
>>47858198
Totally a Lich

Plagueis was a Necromancer
>>
>>47858786

Just because someone possesses enemies who are evil doesn't not exculde them from being evil themselves.
>>
>>47858632
Man, the jedi/paladins would have to fuck up really badly not to notice a fucking Lich taking over their nation from within
>>
>>47859053
I mean, it's straight up told to us throughout the prequels that the Jedi have grown arrogant, and that the dark side was also blunting their abilities. They knew something was happening, but they didn't know the exact cause until Palpatine revealed himself.

In Legends content, they actually were working on an investigation but their biggest lead got discontinued right before the Battle of Coruscant.
>>
>>47852798
I do have two token girls in my local meta.

They play well.
>>
Any recommendations for cheap options to get a S&V Firespray? The singles i've found have been pretty expensive, and that doesn't even include bases. I consider buying the most wanted kit and then selling off the ships and their pilot cards, but I'm not sure what they would sell for.
>>
So what do you think Maarek Stele's voice would sound like?

I know he's from the Outer Rim which usually equals American but the British Imperial stereotype combined with his lower class background made me always imagine him with an East End accent.
>>
>>47861120
I could totally imagine Maarek having a Scottish accent, complete with nigh-incomprehensible rants in the cockpit at rebel scum.
>>
>>47860955
So, you have a Firespray model, but you need the pilot cards and bases?

That's actually really easy. A lot of people buy Most Wanted and sell off the Firespray and HWK bits. Lurk Ebay.
>>
So my players just reached contribution rank 2 in the ISB campaign that I run.

They haven't picked a reward yet but the idea of requisitioning a ship has been tossed around.
I'd like to present them with options beyond just the standard imperial Lambda shuttle or the YT2400 that they captured their last session.
>>
>>47861455
Given them a VT-49 Decimator.
>>
>>47861302
I did not anticipate this being a thing, but wow, you were right. A causal search found three such kits on the first page.
>>
>>47861491
The Firespray is not popular. For shits and giggles, look up Palpatine and see how few results there are and how much they want for him. Then look up the Raider and see how many "Incomplete, missing TIE Advanced and Palpatine" there are.
>>
>>47861476
How could I forget the Decimator.
Thanks for the reminder that is definitely going on the list.
>>
>>47861743
If you want the game to devolve into shittery, give them a Raider that was saved from the scrapyards. It's a mini star destroyer and stupidly strong/intimidating, but it's had a hole blasted through it one too many times and it barely works.
>>
>>47861455
An old consular-class might be an idea, though a bit on the high-end.
Also consider a PB-950 from Suns of Fortune or, if any of them are fighter pilots, an imp gozanti
>>
File: 1388764765013.jpg (203 KB, 671x1191) Image search: [Google]
1388764765013.jpg
203 KB, 671x1191
So do any of you guys ever use PDFs primarily? I have in the past when I played 40K and it worked rather well. However I just discovered my Nexus tablet that I used to do so is cracked. Any tablet recommendations that work well for PDF reading during game sessions?
>>
>>47861820
This... could make things really interesting. I'll have to think about this in more detail, but I KNOW my players would jump on the idea.
I guess I could draw primarily on the Lancer class frigate, with speed 3 instead of 2, a smaller crew complement, replace the weapons etc.

>>47861992
I like that the consular is modular and has such a small crew complement despite being silhouette 5.
I had a look at the PB950 and wasn't sure if i should put it in the list for my players. I think I will, maybe they will like it.

None of the mare pilots, they have an Npc pilot that they really like though, so I might put him in a starfighter (just so I can blow him up).
I received some great ideas here. Thanks lads, really appreciate it.
>>
>>47862432
>guess I could draw primarily on the Lancer class frigate, with speed 3 instead of 2, a smaller crew complement, replace the weapons etc.
I actually have some stats done up for the raider, if you'd like them
>>
>>47862800

I'm personally kind of surprised FFG hasn't statted the Raider for something - didn't they invent it for X-Wing/Armada?
>>
>>47863129
>didn't they invent it for X-Wing/Armada?
They did indeed.
We'll probably get stats eventually in an adventure or something
>>
File: rFgphJr.jpg?1.jpg (34 KB, 478x320) Image search: [Google]
rFgphJr.jpg?1.jpg
34 KB, 478x320
Happy Father's Day!
>>
>>47865070
Imagine trying to get child support for a clone's warbaby
>>
YT-2400 or Ghost?
>>
Question for you fine folks.

Is there a program or website that will take a list and doll out numbers between 1 and 100 for them? Im trying to make a percentiled list of all the FFG species. So when I need to roll for a random encounteres species i can quickly make one, or for my players who often like completely random character generation.
>>
>>47865933
What are you trying to accomplish?
>>47865960
If you have the list in a word processor you should be able to use it to formulate a list. Worst case scenario use excel.
>>
>>47866333
Just having fun.
>>
>>47862135
I have a slim little power PC laptop which doe the trick, mostly because I do a lot of typing (GM) on it and kind of need the speed/storage etc
Basically I use paper as a scratch pad for hit points and everything else is on the laptop, oh and I wrote it off via tax-refunds off for 'Work Purposes'... yes, very serious work purposes!

One of the players uses the Galaxy-Tab 3 and another one has an older one about the same size, rest of the players just sort of grog it out with paper and books though
>>
Any X-Wing pilots think this is workable?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!51:-1,-1,136,-1,-1,-1:-1:24:;49:126,58,-1,-1,-1:-1:24:;49:126,58,-1,-1,-1:-1:24:;62:18:5:15:M.1&sn=Three%20Bricks%20and%20a%20Knife
>>
>>47866717
In X-wing any list is workable.

However this list is not.

Nah it's alright, I don't get the reliance on Long Range Scanners though, especially with Captain Jonus. After your first volley you're going to be relying on getting distance on your opponents and I'm not convinced the bombers will be able to do that against a competent opponent with a faster ship or two to spare chasing them. To me Long Range Scanners is for delivering a major alpha strike, but you're not doing that with Flechette Torps.

I'm just not feeling it, canine.
>>
>>47866926

Hmm. I was sorta hoping for a "chase the bomber formation and get punished" list. Figured Carnor would help keep some damage off them.

Maybe just keep it simpler with Soontir Fel + 3x Scimitar Squadron each with Extra Munitions, Plasma Torps, and Guidance Chips, at 98 points?
>>
>>47866717
So here's (part) of my (>>47866926) counter:
>https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!51:57,-1,126,14,-1,-1:-1:24:;49:126,-1,14,-1,-1:-1:24:;49:126,-1,14,-1,-1:-1:24:&sn=Three%20Bricks%20and%20a%20Knife

This is like, the most premo alpha strike. Acquire target, fly your three guys in formation, get someone in Range 1-2, unleash hell: Both of the attacks of the Scimitar Cluster Missiles get two rerolls each, and Jonus gets some limited reroll from Predator. It's such a wollop that, if you can pull it off, it'll wipe whatever you hit right off the map.

Plus you have ~25 points to build an ace.
>>
Hmm. If you drop Extra Munitions from Jonus, you could fit Omega Leader with Juke and Comm Relay in that.
>>
>>47867285
Or in its current iteration, Epsilon Ace with Comm Relay and Stealth Device.
>>47867207
When you put it like that I can see it, but I'm not sure how successfully it'll work out.
>>
>>47867311
>>47867234

Alternatively, I wonder if Jonus could work as part of a control list, stealing the clever use of Munitions Failsafe from >>47852191

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!51:170,126,58,-1,-1,41:-1:7:;68:22,-1:34:17:;68:22,-1:34:17:&sn=Freeze%20Scumbags
>>
>>47867397
Interesting take, but if you're doing that you might as well drop Jonus for a generic (or even that new pilot "Deathfire") because those secondary rerolls are no good if you're trying to miss with those Flechettes.
>>
>>47867445

Well, he doesn't give re-rolls to himself, but he does give rerolls to both ion cannons, which can fire every turn with no range restrictions...
>>
>>47867494
Ah, true that.
>>
>>47866528
I got a google chromebook for about the same price as a tablet, but I get the added benefit of a keyboard and can plug a mouse in too. That's what I run all my games with. Definitely splurge for the larger screen though.
>>
>>47867702
Chromebro. Yeah the Toshiba 13.3" screen is the perfect gaming companion.
>>
>>47867494
God I love defender double tap. Getting on someone's tail and just ion'ing them every turn while you white K-Turn back and forth is so satisfying.
>>
File: 123123123.gif (2 MB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
123123123.gif
2 MB, 500x213
Imperial Veterans isn't coming to my tiny little island for another 10 days.

How do I go on?
>>
So how the hell do I build a list in X-wing? I could copy-paste a list easily enough, but how do people figure out what they decide to take? I'm just throwing random combinations together and seeing what sticks, and it's quite unnerving
>>
File: Výstřižek.png (273 KB, 499x494) Image search: [Google]
Výstřižek.png
273 KB, 499x494
So kinda a weird question for you guys, but I'm playing a Kel For in an upcoming game, and I need a good way to make it sound like I'm taking through their filter masks that still let's me use both my hands.
>>
>>47868008
Assign roles to your fighters and build them for that purpose, picture how each ship is going to act in each turn, and look for unusual synergy.

Look for EPT's which bounce off pilot abilities, look for pilot abilities which complement each other, look for EPT's and pilot abilities which boost the power of generics.

Two hints when building your first lists from scratch:
>Create an 'alpha strike' pilot
You want to create a pilot who can throw the most red dice possible at your enemy as close to turn 1 as possible. There are many ways to do this, discovering them is part of the fun of building lists.
>Create a 'control' pilot
Once you have your 'alpha strike' create a support pilot who has the ability to 'control' enemy movement. You assert this control by forcing your enemy to become stressed or ionized, which limits their next maneuvers.

Attached is an example of an 'alpha strike' and 'control' elements in a list:
Wedge throws out 3 red dice, which is good but not great. If, however, you can get him in the right position, he reduces enemy green dice by 2, which makes his 3 dice more valuable.

When Wedge makes his alpha strike, Jan Ors uses her pilot ability to boost his attack by 1. So Wedge now throws out 4 red dice - even better with the enemy down 2 green. Note the synergy between her pilot ability causing stress, and stress triggering the EPT Wired.

Gray Squaddie has an Ion Cannon, Flechette Torpedoes, and R3-A2 - in the right range bands, this will deal 1 ion token and 1 stress to your target, or 2 stress to your target, which severely limits their movement for the next two turns.

Always aim to have your lists on 99 points. You want initiative if your best pilot has a higher PS than his, you want to give him initiative if his best pilot has a PS equal to yours.

Be warned: building the 'perfect' list will consume your life.
>>
>>47867702
I picked up the 15" Asus Zenbook cheap at the time as they where changing models and its been a little trooper for about the last 5 or so years.
Small enough to go anywhere and I used it for presentations, training, carrying work stuff and the like as well, so it pretty much paid for itself after tax-back and depreciation claims.
>>
>>47868208
Thanks I ended up splurging and buying a bunch of shit before really playing or looking at list or such. So like a good alpha striker would be someone like poe with r5-p9 since he's fast, rolls a lot of red and can stay in the game longer? And a good control ship is pretty much anything with ion cannons/stress bot/flechets?
>>
>>47868312
Yeah that other guy's entire post is really strange.

http://xwing.miniranker.com/ These are the lists that are winning tournaments, and I think it gets updated somewhat frequently. You'll notice that not a lot of these lists are running ion cannons or stress stuff. You could copy one of these, or try and read them and analyze what makes them so effective. Crack shot swarms for instance, get a very very high probability of you not evading any of their hits, and it only costs 1 point. It's a guaranteed cancel for 1 of your evades and if you have a bunch of them, you can burn down something really quickly without having to rely on them not rolling well.
>>
>>47868312
A good control is anything that can restrict (control) your enemies movement. I've gone for Ion/Stress because the third form of control, Bumping, is an artform unto itself. If you notice an ability which gives out ion tokens or stress, you can use that for control.

Poe can be used as an Alpha Striker, but that role is not ideal for him. Wedge is an exception thanks to his lowering the green dice. Control/Alpha Strike is the first thing you learn in X-wing, then you move on to other elements, such as Arc Dodger, Ace, Ordnance Carrier etc... In that configuration, with R5-P9 for endurance, he's more of an Ace than an Alpha Striker. An Ace is a pilot with a pilot skill of between 8 and 11, who is built to deal out steady damage throughout the entire game without dying. An Alpha Striker generally deals his big wollop of early damage, and then dies.

Attached is a pic of a Poe configured as an Alpha Striker. It's unwieldy, expensive and not that effective. You want to surge forward four in your first turn, try and get a target lock, fire those torpedoes with crack shot for maximum impact, then close and use the astromech+EI+focus to dish out some damage in a knife fight. Miranda is a much better Alpha Striker, she can throw out five dice torpedoes at Range 3, do it twice, and with a turret Upgrade (not pictured) keep pecking away at enemies even after this window of opportunity has passed.

You don't need to learn the game this way, you can jump right into full list building across all categories, but this is way a lot people learn. Once you have the knack down for flying your squads with a single Alpha Striker, his support, and a Controller, while managing each separately and getting them to fly as a single unit, then you start mixing in more advanced elements. But hey do whatever works for you. X-wing is a very forgiving game, you can randomly generate a list and still go in with a good chance of winning.
>>
>>47868481
Telling someone to copy other peoples lists doesn't teach them one thing about the game, nor does it help them to adjust to new meta as it comes out.

If you want to play X-wing you need to learn the fundamentals, if all you want to do is win in stories then I suppose you can attain some facsimile of enjoyment by aping other players playing X-wing. If the latter is more your speed I guess you can copy netlists like a 40k player and hope for the best.
>>
>>47866333

Are you saying there is a feature to auto allocate numbers to the list that fills up 1 to 100?
>>
>>47868133
Keep an empty cup on the table and talk into it?
>>
File: LikeThis.png (19 KB, 826x587) Image search: [Google]
LikeThis.png
19 KB, 826x587
>>47868561
We might be trying to accomplish different things, but I can make a list from a bunch of items by highlighting them and pressing the 'numbered list' button.

Pic related: Bottom column is before I press the button, upper column is after.
>>
>>47868496
So perhaps Jake Farrell with proton rockets, test pilot, outmaneuver, PTL and either guidance chip, munition failsafe or auto thrusters? Or is that closer to him being an ace?
>>
>>47868602
Yeah I'm trying to make it so the list that I can roll a D% on and select the outcome. Like there are 53 items and If i rolled a 61 id get line 34.
>>
>>47868496
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!86:18,73:7:15:U.56;9:0,126,58,69:-1:-1:;47:-1,135,75:3:6:&sn=Scrub%20List%20MK1
Tried building a list, let me know if it's shit
>>
>>47868614
Those 5 dice are nice for an opening salvo. The Range 1 restriction means you'll probably be flying right at your target, so Outmaneuver is not as useful as it could be. I would try Predator instead. The last question is: Why Jake?

Jake's pilot ability doesn't enhance his ability to strike, it doesn't increase his red dice count or mitigate the enemy's defence, so is it worth the extra points? Contrast the following.

The Green Squad Pilot throws the same dice, but is much cheaper (and more disposable).

The only way to really know what works is to put your models on the table and play it out!
>>
>>47868647
1. Take # of items in list.
2. Divide 100 by that number.
3. Decide which list items you want to be more common (i.e. you might make humans a full 10%) in a way such that the rest divide evenly into the remainder.

Its not rocket science. Its barely even algebra.
>>
>>47868649
Seeing your list in full disregard: >>47868681

I think that's a very playable list. The Y-wing gives you some excellent control options, and Jake is a strong striker, and the synergy between him and Katarn is delicious (plus it keeps him useful after he's spent his Proton Rockets).

Now take it to the table and see how it plays out, tweak as necessary, learn from your mistakes.

It's a great game, welcome to it.
>>
>>47868703
This. Or if that's too hard for you, trim three items and divide 100 by 2.
>>
bump for more wave 9 info please
>>
Oh my god the TIE Lancer has evolved. People on a pod cast were talking about it like it was real

WHAT HAVE WE DONE
>>
File: 1451528142405.png (344 KB, 734x683) Image search: [Google]
1451528142405.png
344 KB, 734x683
>>47870974
>what won't we do

lol, which podcast?
Maybe they'd be interested in other things we've made
>>
File: star wars general.png (121 KB, 332x487) Image search: [Google]
star wars general.png
121 KB, 332x487
>>47870974
>People on a pod cast were talking about it like it was real
Oh lawd. How much else have they seen? What other horrors have these threads unleashed?
>>
>>47870974
Yeah, we talked about it on The Kessel Run. I love the design but couldn't find the pictures. Help me, /tg/, you're my only hope.

Incidentally, I've tried homebrewing rules for >>47871059. A title for the punisher and B-Wing that replaces all secondary slots with a hard point and a system upgrade that lets you generate and store energy.
>>
>>47871089
>he fucking goes here
>>
File: SWG Intensifies.jpg (1 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
SWG Intensifies.jpg
1 MB, 3000x3000
>>47871082
All of them
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 304x166) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 304x166
>>47871089

Here's a low resolution image via google
>>
>>47871105
The Great Chumbalaya, at your service. /swg/ is one of my favorite haunts.

>>47871185
Thank you, based anon.
>>
>>47868133
https://youtu.be/1jLfU-iqzGs
>>
File: you ever wonder why we're here.png (1 MB, 1906x1058) Image search: [Google]
you ever wonder why we're here.png
1 MB, 1906x1058
>>47871368
Man, I miss the days when RT made good shit.
>>
File: SeADQtw.jpg (963 KB, 2442x1334) Image search: [Google]
SeADQtw.jpg
963 KB, 2442x1334
>>47871185

Here's a better one
>>
>>47871472
Now, has anyone thought of how to implement this into X-Wing? Asymmetrical dial, 3 attack, some nifty mechanics.
>>
>>47871579

How about an offcenter firing arc? The same 90° size, but from midnight to three o'clock, rather than ten thirty to one thirty.
>>
File: TIE Lancer Mini.jpg (74 KB, 960x656) Image search: [Google]
TIE Lancer Mini.jpg
74 KB, 960x656
>>47871472
Here, have a TIE Lancer mini someone made
>>
Creator of >>47871059 here. I never thought my horrible abomination of a TIE would even be remembered after the first time i posted it.
>>
>>47871637

I've seen this and it honestly upsets me that it uses the relatively short and stubby interceptor wings. The lancer is really stupid long and skinny, but I think it would look rad as a mini.

Definitely tech and cannon slots, I'd say. Maybe its the Imperial Scyk, except not overpriced garbage.
>>
>>47871660
I've been on an epic kick and the idea of a small ship sporting a turbolaser tickled me so. The super B-Wing from Rebels didn't help matters.
>>
File: TIE-M1_XWA.jpg (63 KB, 572x600) Image search: [Google]
TIE-M1_XWA.jpg
63 KB, 572x600
>>47871781
>the idea of a small ship sporting a turbolaser tickled me so
X-Wing Alliance says hi.
>>
File: TIE-M2_XWA.jpg (63 KB, 600x562) Image search: [Google]
TIE-M2_XWA.jpg
63 KB, 600x562
>>47871811

Might as well post the marginally less ridiculous Tie Experiment Mk 2
>>
File: Ties_zpsf8773bfe.png (1 MB, 900x1260) Image search: [Google]
Ties_zpsf8773bfe.png
1 MB, 900x1260
>>47871660
Eh, its Sienar fleet systems, they doesn't afraid of anything.

At some point when the spice kicks in we'll get a TIE with a tractor beam and chainsaw attachment.
>>
>>47871781
The scyk's only problem is being a point more expensive than it should be, *OR* not having green turns at some speed. In it's base form, it would be fine if the Z-95 wasn't better at being a cheap and expendable ship.

The title is where the main problem is. It's about a point too expensive, precisely because they were trying to mitigate the chances of seeing nothing but scyks with heavy laser cannons. Not that 5 of them would really be that scary (4 sure as fuck isn't, unless you're the Ghost). But that was their goal, which is why a scyk with an HLC is 23pts of rubbish.
>>
File: 1287074771339.jpg (96 KB, 603x1232) Image search: [Google]
1287074771339.jpg
96 KB, 603x1232
>>47871811
>>47871894
>>47872196
Sienar just has the perfect blend of practical and crazy. They're the pic related of Star Wars.
>>
File: hammerhead eagle i-thrust.jpg (52 KB, 612x408) Image search: [Google]
hammerhead eagle i-thrust.jpg
52 KB, 612x408
>>47872265
Legends Sienar is what happens when you take an Italian supercar manufacturer and replace its board of directors with Palpatine, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May.
>>
>>47872336
That is extremely accurate...
>>
>>47872265
>>47872196
I've always seen Sienar as a mix of WWII Messerschmidt (TIE/LN, TIE/Adv, TIE/Int, TIE/b, TIE/D) and Blohm und Voss (all the stupid TIE variants)
>>
>>47872441
That would make sense. In a way, I've always viewed the X-Wing as kind of te Mustang for the rebels. Spitfire is the A-Wing. And B-wing would be the flying tank Il-2.
>>
File: wc3 hellcat.png (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
wc3 hellcat.png
26 KB, 640x480
>>47872441
>>47872645
Given the Pacific War parallels in the OT's space battles, the Sienar would be closest to Mitsubishi and the other IJN plane manufacturers. The TIE was pretty clearly inspired by the A6M. Meanwhile, the Rebel craft are meant to mostly be USN. The X-wing IIRC was inspired by the Wildcat or Hellcat, the Y visually resembles a P-38 and functions similarly to an SBD Dauntless or TBD Devastator. Probably the TBD, since it was considered outdated. That would probably make the B-wing the Dauntless equivalent.

I want to say the A-wing is based on something smaller, lighter, and more agile than the Spitfire, but nothing comes to mind on the Allied side. Its wooden bits were probably a reference to the Mosquito, though.
>>
File: gottagofast.jpg (65 KB, 825x673) Image search: [Google]
gottagofast.jpg
65 KB, 825x673
>>47872918
I kind of like the old canon of A-Wings (and some of the other ships) being basically 'garage hot rods' where people get a few bits and pieces off the rebel alliance, scavenge up some sheet metal and fucking lumber, then make a Ford '32 hotrod that has some guns strapped up to it.
>>
>>47872918
Nah. B-Wing's th Il-2, through and through. Only part that doesn't match up is the production quantities, but nothing does with Russia... The Il-2 was a ground attack cradt loaded to the brim with bombs and (innaccurate) rockets, and even given a massive cannon on the later Il-2m. It could make hard turns easily because of the large, wide wings. And the damned things were known to still be able to land when perforated to hell by AA fire.

My vote is for shturmovik.
>>
>>47873050
>Only part that doesn't match up is the production quantities
And the maneuverability and range. The B-wing, thanks to its hyperdrive, has extremely long range--closer to the SBD than the IL-2. B-wings also aren't really all that good on actual turns if we go by base movement dials. Their dials show either white or red 90-degree turns, and at low speeds. Their handling in the sims is also rather lackluster unless you cheat by using the mouse and lifting weights. The B-wing is unpredictable and rolls well, but other than that, she's easy to outmaneuver.

Plus, the SBD was also capable of carrying rockets (5-inch FFARs). And if you want to go for ordnance load and cannons, there's the Curtiss SB2C Helldiver. It had an even higher max takeoff weight, larger wing area, actual torpedo compatibility, and closer connection to the Rebels' USN roots. In hindsight, the Helldiver was a better comparison than the Dauntless, actually.
>>
File: IMG_20160620_102848.jpg (3 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160620_102848.jpg
3 MB, 3024x4032
So I can't be the only nerd with them, lets see your collections.

I've had these guys for a bit now, but only just got around to cleaning up my shit so I actually have room to put them all in one place.
>>
>>47873346
Hyperdrive is standard Star Wars fiction. I wouldn't say it's anything to go by. The Il-2 wasn't pthe fastest of planes, largely due to it's weight and armor. The B-Wing (even in the minuatures game) is not particularly quick, and only has (red) 1-turns because of that lack of raw speed.

Badically, the parallel is that both are big, beefy, have a fuck ton of ordnance and big cannon(s), and could take a lot of punishment.
>>
Spacebump
>>
>>47877824
Spaceship
>>
File: Benny.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Benny.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>47878478
DID SOMEBODY SAY SPACESHIP!
>>
File: 4-Hoth-Fight-CROPPED.jpg (158 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
4-Hoth-Fight-CROPPED.jpg
158 KB, 1200x600
>>47878523
SPACESHIIIIP
>>
File: No, it's fine, honest.gif (993 KB, 319x224) Image search: [Google]
No, it's fine, honest.gif
993 KB, 319x224
>>47878523
>yfw you realise that wasn't Harrison Ford voicing Han in The Lego Movie
>>
>>47874008
I'd love to start one.

I just want a great looking ARC-170 model to start things off
>>
So ijust got a large ship and it has a arrow wrapped around its base, what does that mean? I can shoot from anywhere?
>>
>>47874008
My collection is a hundred miles away, I've only got a few pieces with me and most of those are boxed up.

With me now I have
>the original AAT set
>the Clone Wars AAT set w/ Yoda
>the Tyderium set
>Rey's popsicle speeder

The rest of my collection is
>original X-Wing set
>original A-Wing set
> 3rd gen A-Wing set
> 3rd gen B-Wing set
> 3rd gen Y-Wing set
> original TIE rerelease w/ light up Vader
>original Falcon set
>Hoth escape Falcon set w/ Snowtroopers
>original Tatooine prison skiff set
>TPM Tatooine chase set
>2x original Anakin podracer set
>Sith Lords minifig collection set
>original Jedi Starfighter set
>3rd gen Snowspeeder st
>3rd gen AT-AT st
>original AT-ST set
>original Naboo Starfighter set
>3rd gen Naboo Starfighter set
>original Landspeeder set
>TIE Defender set

I used to have the Darth Vader surgery set too, but I gave that away at a gift exchange and I got that Creator Treehouse set in return, so I made a good deal off that even if I probably could have sold it for a chunk of change.
>>
>>47879423
And one more piece I forgot: the original Slave I set.

Really though, my Bionicle collection is more extensive proportionally.
>>
>>47862800
Share away
>>
>>47879404
That is a primary weapon turret. It means that you can shoot in any direction. However, the ships still has a printed arc that can be important for certain upgrades and abilities.
>>
>>47872336
>And now its time for this week's Moff in a Reasonably Priced TIE
>>
wow almost p10
>>
>>47871472
The TIE is apparently fucking retarded, in that the wings cut off all peripheral vision...
>>
>>47879524
Ship doesn't seem to be around. Try the OP?
>>
>>47872196
>TIE with a tractor beam
FFG is on the cusp of shipping Imperial Veterans...
>>
File: Toscan Fighter.jpg (61 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
Toscan Fighter.jpg
61 KB, 800x567
>>47872196
>Toscan Fighter

Hey wait a minute...
>>
When will Armada be taken seriously enough to have an active community? Wave 6 in 2025?
>>
File: FOSpecForcesTIE1-Fathead.png (2 MB, 1604x1859) Image search: [Google]
FOSpecForcesTIE1-Fathead.png
2 MB, 1604x1859
Alright, so what's everyone's assessment or predictions of the TIE/sf? I rather like the feel of it, albeit disappointed that it cannot evade. 2 green dice is fine, but no evade sucks. Especially since /fo pilots are the only ones now that can have comms relay. Even though the comms relay is modeled on the /sf as well...

Personally I'm hoping the base /sf pilot goes down as far as 20-22 points. That way I can have 4 with accuracy correctors, titles, and/or marksmanship.
>>
>>47870532
There hasn't been anything new.
>>
File: Yamato_under_air_attack.jpg (148 KB, 740x581) Image search: [Google]
Yamato_under_air_attack.jpg
148 KB, 740x581
>>47874284
True, but that description could also be applied to USN torpedo bombers. While not as armored or gun-heavy as the IL-2, the SBD and SB2C could also cart a fuckton of ordnance and were still almost certainly more durable than their IJN counterparts. According to Wikipedia, at least, the Dauntless and Helldiver actually carried more explosives.

>IL-2: "Up to 600 kg of bombs and 8x RS-82 rockets (or?) 4x RS-132 rockets (Overall >1000 kg)
>SBD-5: 1020 kg of bombs
>SB2C-4: Internal 900 kg bombs or 1 Mk 13-2 Torpedo, Wing hardpoints 225 kg each, some variants could also carry FFARs, which were heavier than the RS rockets used by IL-2s

And let's not forget that the Executor could very well have been a stand-in for Yamato. Plus, the B-wing, much like the Helldiver and Dauntless, was also designed primarily for fucking up capital ships.
>>
>>47882523
Well, let's examine what we know.

> 2/2/3/3 with Barrel Roll
That right there makes it most similar to the Tie Bomber (2/2/6/0). But, if we consider that it's really 3/2/3/3, since front-arc shots are +1 if you don't double-tap, then it's statline mirrors the T-70 X-Wing.

>29 points at PS9
This is exactly the same cost as Wedge and Darth Vader, and 4 less than Super Poe Dameron. It suggests a PS1 or 2 pilot would cost 21 points.

And, of course, it can attack twice in one turn if you position it correctly.

These suggest that the dial won't be very good. If it was, it would completely invalidate a lot of ships. It's too low cost with too high of numbers to warrant a great dial. I predict something that resembles the T-65.
>>
>>47882959
I wouldn't mind a 21/22 point ps2 goober. That still leaves me with 4 guys with AC, TIE mk.II engines, and titles. I'd be fairly happy with that. Heck, if be happy with a TIE advanced dial with speed 3 segnor loops.
>>
>>47883167
A tie advanced dial would still be good enough to invalidate most ships. The thing is just so cheap for 3/2/3/3. I went and re-read FFG's wave 9 announcement; they said it has "an entirely different maneuver dial" compared to a tie fighter.
>>
Are there any good scum and villainy lists that aren't either brobots or u-boats?
>>
>>47883226
My guess is that, among other things, it's going to have a red 2 hard turn, like the bomber and defender. That will really keep it out of the traditional knife-fighting maneuvers.

The ARC-170, on the other hand, is going to have green speed 1 and 2 straights and banks, white speed 2 hard turns, and then red on just about everything else. Sort of par for the course for a rebel ship.
>>
Thinking about starting up a campaign of Force and Destiny for a small group, 2 people.

Anything I need to know?
>>
>>47883877
My guess on the ARC is that it's got

[ _ _ R _ _ ]
[ R W W W R]
[ W G G G W ]
[ W G G G W]

With red 4 and 3 K-turns. That'd match FFG's "7 3+, 4 of which are red, 6 green 2-"
>>
>>47884263
No way are they going to give it a white 1 hard. The others seem about right
>>
>>47850898
>Buy
>It's a free to use website
wot
>>
>>47881914
Not just the wings. Look at the cockpit. It's a circle of vision, and good luck seeing anything in your periph.
>>
>>47884081
Its fine enough to tempt them with Dark Side candy, just be prepared to come down on them if they go full Kyp Durron.
>>
>>47884081
>Force and Destiny
If you're going Rebellion era, don't be afraid to drop the hammer on player overconfidence. Igniting a lightsaber in a populated area should probably be a signal to every bounty hunter, Inquisitor, government official, and Imperial garrison in the system.

And do remember to make stormtroopers scary. Go full operator, make use of combined arms tactics, and actually make them the elites they're supposed to be. Nobody likes incompetent stormies.

Also, AoR and EotE are completely compatible with FaD, so feel free to take content from those books and let the players dip into those character classes, too.
>>
>>47884081
It depends 100% on your players and what you want to do with the campaign. The more you tell us, the more we can tell you
>>
>>47882271
Sienar was one of the few companies to use the Toscan as a testbed like the company advertized.

They used it to test stuff for the Skipray.
>>
>>47841122
Can I have the Count Dooku holocron copypasta?
>>
File: dookuhook.png (46 KB, 969x325) Image search: [Google]
dookuhook.png
46 KB, 969x325
>>47885461
>>
File: image.png (45 KB, 400x434) Image search: [Google]
image.png
45 KB, 400x434
Does this formation work well or is it for players too afraid to actually get good at flying?
>>
>>47886079
the triplejump are going to get 2 of your ship off first turn anyway.
>>
>>47874008
Keir?
>>
>>47886079
It works pretty well, actually. The advantage of it over the standard block formation, is that doing a bank doesn't cause any bumps.
>>
>>47886204
*if you flub all your defense rolls, and are using Zs in mass.
>>
>>47887285
>Zs in mass
I'd be praying, too, if I was flying a Headhunter in the Rebellion era.
>>
>>47884263
I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't have any 4 speed maneuvers.
>>
>>47882523
>>47882959
Here's how you work out descending pilot skill:
>-1 PS per Pilot Level
>-1 PS to remove EPT
So based on that it should go:

>Quickfire - 29pts
>Backdraft - 27pts
>Omega - 25pts (if you look closely, you can see the outline of the EPT icon)
>Zeta - 22pts
>>
>>47888157
Er, read PS as SP (Squad Point).
>>
>>47852798
it's because in America gaming shops are literally on the list of places police tell women not to go to
>>
>>47888373
>the originator of the observation
>not in America
O-okay...
>>
>>47885627
Interesting coincidence that I'd see this for the first time the morning after I have my players discover Dooku's holocron. Though in my game, it's one he made shortly after Qui-Gon became a Knight.
>>
>>47883770
Yes
>>
>>47882523
It has roughly similar stats to a T-70, but doesn't have access to its defensive abilities like autothrusters or integrated astromech. I'm hoping it has a cheap cost or a baller dial, otherwise I'm not sure if it's worth it beyond PtL and baffle on Quickdraw to kill a ship before it activates.
>>
>>47885627
every time I get sad reading this
>>
>>47883770
I occasionally run my old Ion Thugs list at store championships and do quite well with it. I places third out of 12 last time, beaten out by a Palp+Whisper+Vader list and a Wedge+Tycho+ZZZ list

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!123:0,116,-1,118:21:-1:U.137;123:0,116,-1,118:21:-1:U.137;123:0,-1,-1,118:21:-1:;123:0,-1,-1,118:21:-1:&sn=Ion%20Thugs%204%20Lyfe
>>
File: no girls.gif (111 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
no girls.gif
111 KB, 500x375
>>47888373
What the fuck kinda lunacy are you damn kids getting up to in game stores now, has the BO gotten bad enough to kill?
>>
File: How each badfic makes me feel.jpg (64 KB, 343x479) Image search: [Google]
How each badfic makes me feel.jpg
64 KB, 343x479
>>47852798
>a diamond dozen
Twitches madly

Part of me was about to suggest that it's good ol' STAR WARS IS FOR BOYZZZZZ marketing, but I doubt that's the truth. Another reason I can think of is that X-Wing, while getting big, isn't as big as you may think it is so most of the population hasn't picked it up yet (or half, if you prefer). And then there's the fact that ladies who have a 40k army or a constantly updating Magic deck may not want another game to play.

I mean, X-Wing costs less money overall, but it's not THAT cheap.
>>
Some poor fool has challenged me to a game of X-Wing. For maximum disrespect, what should I fly to put down this upstart?
>>
>>47890885
2 Mangler Scyks, and 3 Khyrraxz.
>>
>>47891236
I don't have 3 khiraxz, but I like where your head is.

M3-A Interceptor: Tansarii Point Veteran (17)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (2)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)
M3-A Interceptor: Tansarii Point Veteran (17)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (2)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)
Kihraxz Fighter: Black Sun Ace (23)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Feedback Array (2)
Kihraxz Fighter: Black Sun Ace (23)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Feedback Array (2)
>>
>>47891471
2 Ace Khyrraxz and 2 Tansari Manglers, all mindlinked, *could be a nasty surprise. Mindlink's been a lot of fun.

But I will put out a disclaimer that I ran a Guri, 2x Tansari Mangler, and Kaato Leachos, all Mindlinked. And it got curb-stomped by a Super-Dooper Dash and Poe. Well... More accurately... The Scyks and Kaato floundered, while Guri did all the work and only faltered against Dash's higher PS repositioning himself over obstacles. So, keep that in mind. I have been finding that it is usually good to have some higher PS ace in the mindlink, like say Talonbane, or something in the 8 region to keep the Outriders and Ghosts at bay.
>>
>>47890885
Double punisher
>>
>>47891471
How about a Xizor StarViper with feedback array?
>>
>>47892181
Mangar? Dengaroo? The Love Boats?

Seriously, Manaroo+Dengar is apparently pretty good.
>>
>>47892327
Ugh... Starviper with Virago is not a good place for a Feedback Array. They're very maneuverable, but also very expensive. You don't want your 40-ish point powerhouse inflicting itself with a damage and ion (or two damage if you have baffles). The best illicits for Starvipers are Inertial Dampeners, Glittercrack, and the Cloaking Device if it's not already being used on Palob, Talonbane, or a G-1A. But really, the primary reason you take the Virago title, is for the system slot.
>>
File: SC.jpg (37 KB, 700x781) Image search: [Google]
SC.jpg
37 KB, 700x781
/SWG/ I really need your help. A long while back somebody posted a XML file that worked with Oggsdude's character generator. This file turned all the "See page X" into what the effects actually were. My old hard drive crashed and I cant recover it. Does anyone have a copy of this file on hand for a anon?
>>
File: K5pxPjz.gif (3 MB, 555x312) Image search: [Google]
K5pxPjz.gif
3 MB, 555x312
>>47870974
>That moment when you were the one who named it the TIE Lancer over the original shitty name
>That moment when it stuck
>>
>>47892181
I only have the one punisher, but Deathrain and friends is fun.

TIE Punisher: · "Deathrain" (26)
Extra Munitions (2)
Conner Net (4)
Seismic Charges (2)
Electronic Baffle (1)
TIE Fighter: · "Mauler Mithel" (17)
Crack Shot (1)
TIE Fighter: · "Scourge" (17)
Crack Shot (1)
TIE Fighter: Black Squadron Pilot (14)
Crack Shot (1)
TIE Fighter: · "Wampa" (14)

>>47892345
Like so?

JumpMaster 5000: · Dengar (33)
· Lone Wolf (2)
Counter-Measures (3)
· Zuckuss (1)
· Punishing One (12)
Glitterstim (2)
· R5-P8 (3)
JumpMaster 5000: · Manaroo (27)
Push The Limit (3)
Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Feedback Array (2)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
>>
>>47892642
Actually, more like this on Dengaroo;
http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!171:98,136,126,174,182,-1:29:12:;173:18,136,126,122,118,-1:-1:3:&sn=Dengaroo

The idea, is that with Manaroo around it allows Dengar to pull a Tycho. Effectively. You're not taking actions, but you don't give a shit about how much stress you accumulate. And you're not hurting on dice modification, because Manaroo is tossing you a focus and maybe a Target Lock, while overclocked R4 lets you keep recycling that focus token for everything. If need be, you pop Countermeasures for +1 Agility that turn, and to wipe yourself clean of target locks. And with all th fucks you care about wher stress is concerned, Zuckus is a natural crewmate.

Manaroo's got enough bite to keep her going if Dengar falls.
>>
>>47892887
Now I've got to try that.
>>
>>47890321
Any reason not to switch one out for Dace?
>>
So, in the EOTE game I'm running, a party member just got arrested for killing a man by tossing him out of a window and body slamming him.

Because I don't want to write and roleplay out an entire Imperial Court system, what might be some alternatives for how he has to get out of the charges?
>>
>>47894639
He skilled at anything? Him or just the group do anything particularly noteworthy that might've gotten around? Could be somebody, like a criminal organization, pays off a few people to get him off in order to have him/the group do some jobs for them.
>>
>>47894770

He's an escaped slave that used to be a pit fighter. The crew is a bunch of couriers with a souped up ship, so they could get pulled into some risky jobs with no pay.
>>
>>47894928
Is he human?
>>
>>47894639
sounds like coward talk to me. The Imperial courts are as judicious and fair as the rest of the Empire . Go full Ace Attorney, with his buddies forced to find and recruit a former master lawyer on the planet. They have to go all in, finding strange evidence that shouldn't even be connected to the crime that links and shows a sinister conspiracy in place put together by a criminal organization to frame your player. If you aren't weaving a tale meant for the history books why bother getting him arrested at all?

Or if you feel like being sensible and not break your back learning a bunch of legalese and playing several phoenix wright games, just have ISB offer a deal to him. Find some rebels or do a dirty job they need done.
>>
>>47894958

No, Nautolan. The man he killed was his former owner who was a human.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 333x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 333x380
>>47895006
Did someone say criminal organization? How about one with enough power and wealth to own their own fleet of outdated capital ships, and have most of the courts in their back pocket?
>>
>>47895172
So why would there be anything resembling an actual trial?
>>
>>47895172
Well then you're lucky, because you won't have to deal with a trial. The imps'd just shoot him out of hand and be done with it
>>
>>47885627
Damn it... I read it in his voice.
>>
>>47896552
Spacebump
>>
So what can you do with a jetpack in eote?
>>
>>47894639

A bribe, exiled to a labor camp and the ensuing rescue.

Just skip the trial, expedited justice etc.
>>
File: macho man force ghost.jpg (28 KB, 500x241) Image search: [Google]
macho man force ghost.jpg
28 KB, 500x241
>>47894639
>tossing him out of a window and body slamming him
>alternatives to trial
Now he has to wrestle the judge. Hell in a Cell.
>>
>>47900000
> Imperial Planetary Court Judge Yon Sienar
>>
File: You can't see me.jpg (283 KB, 1024x896) Image search: [Google]
You can't see me.jpg
283 KB, 1024x896
>>47900074
BRRRRRR YABADOO
>>
>>47841924
For a bit of comedy, he might start recording the wacky behavior of the B1 battle droids he encounters. See how thoroughly he can mess around with them when he runs out of munitions that'll actually do damage.
>>
>>47842139
No. Neuromaniac lost track of his copy and, of course, won't just buy a new one.

Truly, the pirate life is suffering.
>>
>>47871426
What're you talking about, RvB and RWBY are great. Still great, in the case of the former, and suddenly great, in the case of the latter.
>>
>>47900818

Their newest shit is also pretty good, Camp Camp and Day 5.
>>
>>47900752

>presumably is destroying books to get the HQ scans
>won't just buy a new book

I just do not follow with some people.
>>
>>47900818
>RvB
Not really a fan after the end of the Meta arc. The Freelancer stuff completely turned me off. I also dislike the more serious tone it's taken and the shift in the series' sense of humor. The vulgarity and wackiness of old seem to have fallen by the wayside. Plus, none of the later villains have even come close to being as fun as O'Malley.

>RWBY
No, not really. The CGI, English voices, and mocap are all mediocre at best. Maybe it's just my taste in animated stuff, but everything about that show rubbed me the wrong way right from the get-go.

Achievement Hunter's also been on the downturn for a while.
>>
File: Dark Empire.jpg (90 KB, 515x800) Image search: [Google]
Dark Empire.jpg
90 KB, 515x800
Dark Empire is fucking weird.

The basic plot is fine enough: Imperial warlords fill the Core Worlds with Civil War, the Heroes do hero stuff and Luke starts acting funny and vanishes in a Force Storm: He's taken to Byss where he meets Emperor Palpatine alive and smug. Turns out he's been using clones to prolong his life and he recruits Luke as an apprentice. Suddenly, World Devastators travel to Alliance planets to slowly destroy them (like Calamari), and Leia and Han search for Luke.

War, super weapons, bullshit Force powers, Lando manages to lose not one but TWO captured Star Destroyers under his command, Nar Shadda, E-Wings, TIE/droid fighters, Cloakshapes, I-7 Howlrunners,the Eclipse-class, Slave II, Boba Fett back from the dead, and one of the earliest appearances of holocrons. Dark Empire introduces a LOT of new material but is inconsistent (at best) in its delivery. It ambitiously covers a lot of ground, but that makes it jump around from place to place without much of an emotional impact. The script and dialogue is flat-out weak, Luke's behavior and story arc is terrible. I get that he's trying to confront and defeat the Emperor from a position of closeness, but it takes Leia coming to rescue him to break free.

I get that its production was a little troubled (Marvel was originally going to publish it before Dark Horse got the license and moved the timetable from shortly after Endor to six years after, Zahn and Veitch and him had some kind of beef, etc.) but this is its too inconsistent to be satisfying.

There's good stuff. Evil smug Sheev is fantastic. Salla Zend and Shug Nix are good additions, the Nar Shadda subplot in general is a lot of fun, the art is great (if highly stylized), and all of the new tech it adds is great. But the sum isn't nearly as good as its parts. Its trippy as hell, though.

Oh, and Luke gets his ass beat in a duel by a young, naked, goo-covered Palpatine clone. Its that kind of batshit crazy.
>>
File: 1420663682369.png (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1420663682369.png
28 KB, 400x400
New X-Wing player, wanting to build imperial first. After getting two core sets, what do I get next? Firespray-31 with Mini swarm? 3 Phantoms seems like fun too.
>>
>>47894639
Seconding Hell in a Cell
>>47901648
Everything I ever hear about Dark Empire makes me glad I never pick up any of the volumes I find in libraries. And I totally respect Zahn for (apocryphally) going 'No, that's fucking stupid I am not referencing that shit'.
>>
>>47901667
> 3 Phantoms seems like fun too.
Slow down there, Satan!

Is it one of each of the core sets, or two of one type? (I'd recommend the former).

Firespray is "meh" for Imperial, but pretty good for Scum. I'd personally recommend more Tie Fighters, an Interceptor pack, Imperial Aces, Imperial Veterans, a Shuttle, phantoms....

2 phantoms is good, 3 is alright if you want to run generics.
>>
>>47901667
One phantom is plenty. 2 Can work but is super tricky.
>>
File: 1416149682375.jpg (112 KB, 625x833) Image search: [Google]
1416149682375.jpg
112 KB, 625x833
>>47901924
>>47902055
Here was a quick little list I made with no game experience

PS 5 - Shadow Squad
-Advanced Cloaking Device
PS 5 - Shadow Squad
PS 6 "Echo"
-Lone Wolf
-Fire-Control System

Am I doing this right?
>>
>>47901924
I was also planning on just getting one of the first set.
>>
Just bought Dash's ship, what's a good way to have fun with him?
>>
>>47902268
Exploit the high manuverability of the ship to never be shot in the first place.
>>
Kind of confused on how Marksmanship works. Would I spend a focus token to use it or is it apart of my actions? And when would I declare I'm using it?
>>
>>47902432
Marksmanship itself is an action that is done in the perform action step.

The modifiers are applied when the attacker gets to modify their dice (after any shenanigans the defender makes)

You don't get a focus token, it just modifies focus results when you make an attack that turn.
>>
>I'm giving you a night bump, tell you how I feel
>>
>>47902112
that is seriously bad and useless, this list appear in each thread, i'm going to find one in the others thread for you, with all explanations because i'm lazy and don't want to write a wall.

Don't have to tell us you have no game experience, it shows just looking at the list
>>
>>47902112

see
>>47752641
>>
>>47899275
Move around quickly, crash into people at high speeds.
>>
>>47852798
I've seen a total of three girls playing X-Wing over my almost two year X-Wing 'career,'

Two girlfriends and one who got into it through a board game group she was a member of.

2/10
3/10
6/10 [though 8/10 for a nerdy girl]

If you were curious.
>>
Former 40k rpg player here, really don't want to get back into those games again as it was a hard habit to kick. However I would like to start playing again.

SW is one of my oldest passions so this makes sense. What game would you recommend that is most Rouge trader like? I want to create a character and own a ship and fly around and have misadventures. I'll also be GM for a while so there's that.

I was leaning towards EoE, would that be right for this type of game ?
>>
>>47906516
Yeah. Edge of the Empire is good for regular joes with a ship trying to make their own way in the galaxy.
Age of Rebellion is for people who want to fight the Empire, Force and Destiny is focused on learning the ways of the Force, for good or evil. Although all three are intercompatible and all have ways to be Force-sensitive if your players want it.
>>
File: Errand Venture.jpg (120 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Errand Venture.jpg
120 KB, 500x375
>>47906516
EotE is good, though it's not as geared toward rich people fights as RT is. It's more advisable to keep the party poor early on to better capture the feel of the era and Obligation mechanic.
>>
File: PiratesAndPrivateersCover.jpg (93 KB, 464x600) Image search: [Google]
PiratesAndPrivateersCover.jpg
93 KB, 464x600
>>47906516
I'd go AOR
Mostly if you set yourself up as a Privateer who's got Rebel Alliance backing and a warrant to plunder imperial shipping, its probably as close to RT as you can sort of fnangle
Get the old D6 era book Pirates and Privateers- will have lots of ideas and stuff in there which is still valid for information value alone and anything you really want is something that can be converted over.

I reckon a Sil-5 ship like a Corellian CR90 Corvette, Mistral, Gozanti or old Consular Cruiser at the start could be the go- at the agreement with the GM(s) as that's a bit more than the normal starting party starts with
Of course, the first games could actually be stealing the damn ship to kick off a life of skulduggery
>>
>>47906531
Great thanks, what if I were wanting to set up a pro empire campaign? Similar to deathwatch where everyone played stormtroopers or imperial agents?
>>
I started up an Imperial Assault campaign with some friends yesterday. I took the Empire while they have the rebel scum. We'd never played the game before.

Hot damn, that game is fun. Getting out all the tiles and cards is a pain, but the game itself plays easily and quickly and the campaign is very cool.

We started off with the rebels shutting down an imperial ambush. I got pretty close with my probe droid's heroic sacrifice, but they won it.

We then went to a raid on an imperial testing ground. The Bothan hijacked an AT-ST and starting tearing things up. This mission I got to use Carnor Jax (royal guard champion) and elite stormtroopers. My normal mooks got wasted, but Jax went nuts and ripped the AT-ST apart, as well as wounding 2 of the 3 heroes. My elite stormtroopers finished the last one off.

Next time we play I'm gonna try and recruit boba fett.

Anybody else play the campaign or IA in general?
>>
File: imperial duty table.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
imperial duty table.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47906962
AoR works for that. Just replace the original Duty table with this Imp-flavored one and you're good to go.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.