[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's the new Traveller system?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
How's the new Traveller system?
>>
>>47838644
You should just say 2nd ed Mongoose Traveller.
>>
https://mega.nz/#!1MJ2xaqD!G9A3kyibcWRXCbKqnTEe04yanD1Xw7XKgYujyx_7U60

Here is the core book if anyone's interested

Don't have any supplements however
>>
>>47838644
>>47840299
More similar to Mongoose 1e than Mongoose wants you to think.
>>
I'm sure I'll get a chance later to dig into the book (not OP) but for now is there a short list of the primary changes between 1e (which I had a lot of fun with) and this new edition?
>>
Didn't they pull out all the shipbuilding rules and move them to a sold-separately splat, yet to be published?
>>
>>47838644
Mongoose Traveller is actually my favorite space opera system. Short and concise rulebook, adaptable system, fun character generation.

...But I had no idea 2e Mongoose is now a thing. Will definitely have to dive into that.
>>
>>47840389
I've heard that Traveller can be played by yourself. Does this have the rules for that?
>>
>>47847107

MGT 2e is kind of lacking in stuff right now as it just came out. You can run MGT 1e or Classic solo, though. I don't know how good MGT1's Merchant Prince trading system is (Mongoose has some awful writing and editing sometimes, generally in the non-core books) but Classic's version is solid enough to make running a merchant vessel by yourself into a viable game.
>>
Actually, come to think of it, you could probably run a pretty cool Play by Post thread with it, too. Set up a merchant ship, roll up a crew and pick a captain to do all the negotiating, then you're set. Have a thread for each port of call, and let anons in the thread argue and discuss and vote on what cargos to buy and what route to take, and then see how the venture goes.
>>
File: satori HORF blueboard_2.jpg (15 KB, 245x276) Image search: [Google]
satori HORF blueboard_2.jpg
15 KB, 245x276
>>47847959
>play by post
>>
>>47848103

>anime girl poster doesn't like things

Thanks for the update, anon.
>>
>>47848145
don't reply to bait.
>>
>>47848103
What's wrong with play-by-post?
>>
>>47850514

Generally play-by-post is very slow. Mechanical back-and-forth can take forever when you don't know when the other person will respond and the system doesn't allow you to continue until they do.

But the nice thing about this idea is that after you hit a planet's starport, the game is all about looking over the available cargos and discussing what to buy. There's no need for anything but discussion and analysis, followed by a vote from the "crew", and then a jump to the selected destination system to find out whether you turned a profit or not. Then you wash, rinse, and repeat until you're either rich or the ship gets repossessed for lack of payments.
>>
>>47846969
I won't mind if they fulfill the promise n give us builds from bicycles to piloted giant robots all-in-one book.
>>
>>47847107
There are several ways to enjoy Traveller as a solo experience. The merchant "game" is largely automated by dice with some decision making, but even character generation is a sub-game of sorts. World building and ship building are also solo activities that can easily be hobbies of their own.
>>
File: judge dredd.jpg (114 KB, 300x394) Image search: [Google]
judge dredd.jpg
114 KB, 300x394
Does anybody know an online shop where I can get the Traveller Judge Dredd books? Along the core Traveller books if possible.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.