[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't elves and humans be friends?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14
Why can't elves and humans be friends?
>>
because elves come to our country and steal out jobs
FOR 500 YEARS
>>
The same reason elves and orcs can't be friends.

None.
>>
Because any relationship that isn't at least 100 years old is an acquaintanceship at best.
>>
>>47836651
Depends on the Setting.

Elves and Men are friends in a lot of settings.
>>
>>47836751
Bad settings.
>>
>>47836651
Because you have two brands of self-importance on this board manifesting themselves in HFY and anti-human threads. The anti-human elf fuckers all want to be special snowflakes and go on about how lowly humans are so that they can feel superior to everyone else in the room. The HFY group is the inevitable reaction to the wankers from the first group, but have become annoying in their own right.

If you think both of these groups are dumb you probably don't see any reason why elves and humans can't be friends and are therefore not an asshole.
>>
>>47836769
Warhammer Fantasy, Middle-Earth, Magic: the Gathering, Forgotten Realms, every other D&D setting I can think of...

All of those are shit? Shit nigga what settings do you like?
>>
Didn't we had this thread yesterday? I don't really remember because there were a lot of elf-bait threads happening all the time.
>>
>>47836809
Not really.

I always play an elf in every game and treat humans as equals. But for some reason, human players are needlessly aggressive towards me because of my race. They call me a fag, knife ears, etc... when I never did anything to slight them.

This happens in ever game, WoW, D&D, Warhammer...

Why? I always play a good elf who helps those in need. Human, elf or otherwise. But HFY fags hate me just because I play an elf. So fuck them.
>>
>>47836819
>Warhammer Fantasy
>Magic: the Gathering
>Forgotten Realms
>Not bad.
Even if you have fun with them, they're not high quality at all.

>Middle-Earth
When humans and elves got along it was only in two situations.

1. Servants/slaves, like at the height of the Noldor.

2. Patronizing, like during Numenor's early period, where the elves were superior and deigned to give the inferior humans inferior and reduced versions of their gifts (like the silver tree which was only a pathetic and diminished shade of the one the elves had in Valinor.)

They were never really friends, because to truly be friends they'd have to approach each other as equals and that never happened. The elves only ever approached humans from a position of authority.
>>
>>47836902
At the heigh of Saurons Power in Middle Earth, the Elves and the Numenoreans were fast allies.
>>
>>47836902
So what settings do you like then?
>>
>>47836855
Then you're not one of the faggots causing the problems and they are. Playing an elf doesn't make you an elfaggot, being a condescending douche and playing an elf does.
>>
>>47836932
An alliance is not a friendship.

>>47836935
It is a mystery.
>>
>>47836720
Because elves are so autistic that they need to know every little thing about everything before they even begin to give trust?
>>
>>47836651
It depends on the setting, but in mine elves are basically Nazis.
>>
>>47836651
Oh, this thread again. At least OP image isn't animu gril
>>
>>47836902
>saying shit about Warhammer Fantasy
REEEEEE
>>
>>47837010
It's a really dumb setting. You can enjoy dumb things, but we shouldn't judge the setting itself as high quality.
>>
>>47836959
You do get the occasional dickhead that plays the long game, but by and large 100 years is the minimum to truly know another person.

The real problem is that humans change so fucking much.
>>
File: 1446748972830.png (195 KB, 933x381) Image search: [Google]
1446748972830.png
195 KB, 933x381
>Why can't we be friends... why can't we be friends...
>>
>>47837021
Then tell us what constitutes a good setting since you have such great taste anon.

So far we've established that you only like Middle Earth where elves and humans are not only allies, but friends and even lovers.
>>
>>47837044
>elves and humans are not only allies, but friends and even lovers
See the end of my post:
>>47836902
>They were never really friends, because to truly be friends they'd have to approach each other as equals and that never happened. The elves only ever approached humans from a position of authority.
>>
>>47837083
TELL US A GOOD SETTING
>>
>>47836705
Played on an ultima online freeshard once where the local wood elf tribe bro'd up with the orc tribe to fuck up humans and drows. The drows were basically enslaving orcs all the time, the wood elves hated them anyway and the humans just thought themselves superior. Both were surprised when the savage hordes raided their towns and the druids and shamans shat all over their wizards. I remember the wood elf king wanting to bury the drow high priestess in the sand and smearing her head with honey but she was rescued. Good times
>>
>>47837083
That's simply not true. By the end of LotR the elves treated humans with respect during Aragorn's coronation. You're just looking for reasons to reinforce your opinion that elves are arrogant cunts.

Also, you still haven't named a single setting that you consider high quality.
>>
>>47837143
Holding respect is not friendship. I'm not sure why you keep conflating all these different concepts together.
>>
File: Nero Drakengard.png (671 KB, 458x853) Image search: [Google]
Nero Drakengard.png
671 KB, 458x853
Because of cunts like this guy.
>>
>>47837038
10/10, sick burn.
>>
>>47837143
Not whom you're talking to, but is there a setting where this is not the case? Whenever elves are revealed as non-cunts, they always seem to do it in this masturbatory "humanity fuck yeah" wank of a setting. And even if you can name one, I have never seen someone RP an elf while not using the "dances with faeries" or "I'm a cunt and hate those pink piggus." Not trying to be aggressive here—I've just never seen anyone do anything other than those two tropes.
>>
>>47837348
The elves aren't going 'humans fuck yeah' there, Aragorn is a hero who saved everyone's ass, they attended his coronation as a sign of respect, not submission. The elves in LoTR are actually completely superior to humans in every single way and they know it.
>>
>>47837037
So elves learn extremely slowly? Most people know each other down to every detail after a few years of close friendship. Why do elves take so long to trust people?

Elves in my setting don't exist.
>>
>>47837215
Cuntishness is universal in Drakengard, so I don't think you can really use it as an example.
>>
>>47837427
That why any setting that includes "Mary Sue" elves is inherently trash.
>>
>>47837868
Nero's a special case, though.
He literally brought about the end of a world and spread the plague 'cause he "wanted to".
Say what you will about Caim, even he had reasons for doing what he did.
>>
>>47837868
Hey, Zero's ultimately not a cunt.

I mean, she's not always a nice person, but basically everything she does is ultimately for a good reason.
>>
>>47837933
Hey, Hitler's ultimately not a cunt.

I mean, he wasn't always a nice person, but everything he did was ultimately for a good reason.
>>
>>47837933
She's a cunt with a heart of gold!

>>47837945
/pol/ please leave
>>
>>47837954
Not /pol/. Just showing you that elves aren't perfect :^)
>>
>>47837965
Zero isn't an elf, what?
>>
>>47837933
She was a terrible person even before the Watchers.
>>
>>47837974
^
:||)
>>
File: Drakengard Alignments.png (10 KB, 527x484) Image search: [Google]
Drakengard Alignments.png
10 KB, 527x484
>>47837868
>>47837904
>>47837933
So the Drakengard alingment chart would be something like this then?
>>
>>47837989
You mean before the Flower, right? I don't think Zero ever dealt with the Watchers.
And yeah, she was, but in her defense, she'd been through a lot of shit. The fact that she still wanted to save the world is honestly kinda impressive.
>>
>>47838005
Drakengard 2 actually has decent people in it, which is why no long liked it.
>>
>>47838005
>All the protagonists are Chaotic Cunt with good reasons
>>
>>47838005
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>47838033
Caim didn't really have a good reason, like, the reason was just sort of a thing that also existed.

He was just in it for the murdering.
>>
>>47838048
Caim wanted to kill the evil empire that destroyed his kingdom and kidnapped his sister. It was later revealed they were trying to destroy the world. Caim has good reasons.
>>
File: alignment.jpg (389 KB, 2250x1721) Image search: [Google]
alignment.jpg
389 KB, 2250x1721
>>47838005
>>
>>47838033
>>47838048
In Caim's case, wasn't it just that he wanted to kill and this gave him the perfect opportunity.
>"Caim, we have to save that village."
>"..."
>"You'll get to kill all the Empire soldiers that took it over."
>"...!"
>>
>>47838064
Sure, but Caim didn't give a shit about the kingdom being evil or that they were trying to destroy the world.

Caim was just in it to murder as many people from the Empire as possible.

Say the Empire wasn't trying to destroy the world. Would Caim have stopped?
>>
>>47838070
>Neutral Good
>Smash your sister into paste with a golem for making fun of you
>>
>>47838082
>>47838081
The man legitimately wanted to save his sister from the start. I don't know why you keep ignoring that.
>>
>>47838091
No one's saying he didn't want to save his sister, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But if they hadn't kidnapped his sister, would he have stopped?
>>
>>47838083
It's Drakengard 2 art, so I assume he's talking about that version.
>>
>>47838091
That was just the icing on the cake for him, not his driving goal.
Hell, Angelus even mentions that Caim is being unnecessarily violent the very first time they fight together. Before his sister was kidnapped.
>>
>>47838103
We don't know. A man enjoying killing is not the same as a man going out of his way to kill everyone because of what happened with his kingdom and sister. We don't know if he'd have gone that far.

I think he cared about the world than more people give him credit for. If we count 2, and Caim was the only good part of that game, he went out of his way to drag Manah across the world showing and telling everyone that she was the one who tried to destroy the world and lead the evil empire. That's not connected to murder or death at all, yet he went out of his way to do that so everyone would know and Manah got what she deserved.

>>47838142
See above.
>>
File: dg2-hanch.jpg (82 KB, 550x950) Image search: [Google]
dg2-hanch.jpg
82 KB, 550x950
>>47838146
I would argue that the bosses were also the good part of 2, but they should have been the heroes instead.
>>
>>47838181
They certainly fit the "Fucked up people defending what they considered a good cause." theme of all the games.
>>
>>47838187
They were even technically in the right, and Nowe just got away with his bullshit by way of more stupid bullshit.
>>
>>47838146
I dunno, I think you're underestimating how much of a murderboner Caim had.
At best, he's completely merciless.
At worst, he's a genocidal maniac.
>>
>>47838217
Oh his murderboner is massive. It's really just a question of how far he would've gone if the people he cared about weren't kidnapped/dead.
>>
File: dg2-illust-yaha_gnomes.jpg (171 KB, 680x960) Image search: [Google]
dg2-illust-yaha_gnomes.jpg
171 KB, 680x960
>>47838207
Their fights were great, too.
>>
>>47838207
The truth is that everything Nowe did was just because of the manipulation of Manah, who was only pretending to be redeemed and have amnesia.
>>
But they are friends anon, humans just like dwarves better for their GLORIOUS INDUSTRY.
>>
File: dg2-illust-seere_golem.jpg (148 KB, 680x960) Image search: [Google]
dg2-illust-seere_golem.jpg
148 KB, 680x960
>>47838257
I don't think you can justify that one.

Not that it matters either way, Seere's got that shit covered.
>>
>>47838263
I don't like dwarves.

They're ugly.
>>
>>47838263
>>47838300
Be quiet! This is a drakengard thread now!
>>
Should I try to get my hands on Drakengard 2?
I've seen 90% of Drakengard on YouTube already, but /v/ told me Drakengard 2 was completely optional and the worst in the series.

/tg/ - Drakengard General
>>
>>47836651
Elves r fegits.
"Get off my lawn, you damn kids" - Every elf faction from any setting ever.
>>
File: dg2-illust-hanch_kelpie.jpg (168 KB, 680x960) Image search: [Google]
dg2-illust-hanch_kelpie.jpg
168 KB, 680x960
Seriously though, Hanch was amazing.

Like, it's absolutely interesting to wonder if she was even that terrible of a person. I mean, she certainly wasn't nice, poison and all, but how much of your interactions with her were trained by her curse?

It's really interesting to think about.
>>
Elves and humans can't be friends for a very simple reason.
Humans are brutally cunning, and elves are cunningly brutal.
>>
>>47838336
Pretty much skip it. It's got all of the problems that 1 did(fucking terrible gameplay, it's a bit better, but it also has some moments it's way, way worse) and none of the charm that 1 had.

Like, the main characters are basically boring as shit besides Manah near the end, and the bad guys are the only part that are worth it at all.

It's also got amazingly stupid endings.
>>
>>47838369
Alright, I'll pass on it.
Thanks for letting me know.
>>
>>47838336
Drakengard 2 is a technical improvement, but storyline-wise and character-wise it's weaker as the Nowe+Manah relationship isn't nearly as interesting, and the rest of the main characters are also pretty shit. Caim being a silent protagonist probably saved Drakengard 1.

In addition, to get the additional endings, you have to play through the whole game again rather than in in the first where you could skip to the relevant missions. That was a pretty shitty change.

However, imho it's worth it because the antagonists and the world design is still aces. I had a good time with the game, the technical improvements helped it from being quite as bad a slog as the original game.
>>
>>47838396
I was happy about the technical improvements as well up until the point they had you fight skeletons for a while without the character who actually could fight skeletons.

That shit was retarded.
>>
>>47838263
not to mention their shared love of the drink
>>
Cause they can't go 2 minutes in private without fucking one another.
>>
>>47836651
>>
>>47838366
No, you fuggin' grot!
Is the elfs dat are brutally cunning and the 'umies dat are cunningly brutal.
>>
>>47838582
No! Iz da biggest, so's I da boss! And I sez da humies are brutally cunnin coz dey krump ya so bad, you don't eva wanta mess wit em again! Da panzies are cunningly brutal coz dey krump ya before youz even know dey krumpin ya, so youz don't know youz been krumped till itz too late! Dats why da humies are brutally cunnin' and da panzies are cunningly brutal!
>>
>>47836819
Thule, let's not forget that.
>>
>>47839587
Nobody knows what that is
>>
>>47837348
Kingdoms of Amalur. Elves, or Alfar, and humans are pretty chill with each other save for some actually healthy distrust of overly friendly dokkalfar.
>>
>>47838391
Do watch some cutscenes though. The game features everyone shitting bricks when Caim comes back out of nowhere, and then later he kills death.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.