[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 115
File: Magic Primer (+1).png (2 MB, 1401x1800) Image search: [Google]
Magic Primer (+1).png
2 MB, 1401x1800
Storm edition! (You know you want to.)

To make cards, download MSE for free from here
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Art sources.
http://digital-art-gallery.com/
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT: >>47773324
>>
File: Forgery.png (274 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Forgery.png
274 KB, 375x523
"It's kind of like storm."
>>
File: Wing Shards.jpg (43 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Wing Shards.jpg
43 KB, 375x523
>>47822424
>I wouldn't give a flying fuck about muh social justice if the damn stories were actually good. The fact that recent MTG storytelling has been a 3rd-grade trash factory is the problem. [...] Also yes, SJW bollocks is a part of that. I wouldn't mind MTG: the SJWing if they kept the actual MTG side of it good, though.
See, the problem is, Social Justice and poor quality are synonymous. It's happening to video games, it's happening to comics, and now it looks like it's happening to MTG. The problem, fundamentally, is that rather than focus on making a product that is good, the Social Justice. mentality focuses on making a product that is morally correct. And I'm not even going to go into why the latter alienates people, the vast majority of us have seen the shitty, cringeworthy attempts by Christians to make their own "moral" substitute for things they deem "immoral." It's the same think with Social Justice.

But enough ranting. Let's not contribute to the problem. Here's something for everyone who doesn't know what Storm is lol, like nobody knows what Storm is.
>>
>>47822605
>See, the problem is, Social Justice and poor quality are synonymous.
Sad but true. There's a certain vapidness, a complete lack of complex & creative thinking ability, that comes with such a ridiculous dogma.

>it's happening to comics
"Hail hydra." : |

>product that is morally correct
this implies they have any grasp of ethics or moral philosophy. That's a joke.

>It's the same think with Social Justice.
Dogma restricts creative freedom. It's a simple formula.

>But enough ranting
Sounds good to me. Onward!
>>
File: index.jpg (224 KB, 1125x523) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
224 KB, 1125x523
Can't balance for shit cause I don't play this blasted game, suggestions?
>>
File: Steve Rogers.jpg (40 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Steve Rogers.jpg
40 KB, 375x523
>>47822648
>this implies they have any grasp of ethics or moral philosophy. That's a joke.
Last one for now, I swear.That's the part that always kills me. They are so hypocritical, almost to the point of parody. It's always one rule one for, another rule for another. They constantly use accusations of racism and sexism to shame and bully people, yet they're easily the most racist and sexist group in the West (well, the Migrant Crisis in Europe may be giving them competition in that area). Like, when the GITS movie was announced, and the Major was going to be played by a white woman, every SJW was flipping their lid. "[race] character should have a [race] actor!" they scream at the top of their lungs. But I sure as fuck didn't see them say that when Roland from Dark Tower was changed to a black man. Nope, totally OK (even though him being black fucks with another character, so now they have to change more just to compensate for that). In fact, they would say you were racist if you said anything against it. Oh my fuck this stuff pisses me off. And understand that I'm a liberal, I hate them even more for the fact that they have made my side look like a joke, and they only strengthen the opposition (eg. Trump). They're like Bizarro Midas: Everything they touch turns to shit.

>"Hail hydra."
While there are things wrong with that comic, that particular "twist" doesn't require Social Justice to make it bad. Speaking of, here. Indestructible is supposed to be for his sci-fi holographic shield.
>>
>>47822660
>Can't balance for shit cause I don't play this blasted game, suggestions?
...Learn to play the game? I'm sorry, but...

Also, understand that the emblem would be a complete nightmare. I know that part's quite obvious to most of us, but imagine playing with that in a big Commander game. You'd have HUNDREDS of cards you have to choose between. And imagine aiming at libraries.
>>
>>47822934
Don't know why I would learn a game I don't intend to play.

So... the emblem bad but the negative 3 effect is fine? Or just scrap both of those for something else?
>>
>>47822856
>(well, the Migrant Crisis in Europe may be giving them competition in that area)
>There would be no migrant crisis without progressivism in Germany + the EU

It's all history repeating: people love power, they get kicks out of hurting others, and will think up any ridiculous theory to justify it after the fact. We've seen "Separate but equal" in the US, communists slaughtering people for the "greater good", and now it's intersectional theory to justify spite towards whites. Given, the circumstances of this spite was different, but the historic trend is just playing out as usual.

Progressive liberals of today would have been the Jim Crow racists of the past. People will jump on any bandwagon that lets them spit on, insult and beat the shit out of a "lesser class". Everybody wants to be in power.

It's biological, at least to an extent. We see the same behavior in chickens and lobsters. It's just that chickens don't have to justify their pecking order. Humans actually care about ethics and the feelings of others, so they need curtains of theory to allow them to be evil.

> hate them even more for the fact that they have made my side look like a joke, and they only strengthen the opposition (eg. Trump).
Boy oh boy there could probably be a saucy debate here.

But ney! Small paper rectangles must be discussed!
>>
File: Fractalflux.jpg (52 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Fractalflux.jpg
52 KB, 375x523
>>47822403
Ooops what did i do
>>
>>47823057
>Storm Squared
wew lad.
>>
>>47823072
;^)
>>
>>47823040
>Progressive liberals
Those of us who actually live up to this name like to refer to this particular brand of human scum as "Regressives."

>Humans actually care about ethics and the feelings of others, so they need curtains of theory to allow them to be evil.
The sad thing is, a lot of these people are well-meaning, they just can't see the negative consequences of their ideology, and they've been indoctrinated to ignore anyone who tells them that it's awful. It really is a cult. In fact, I was a bit SJW years ago. Bit yeah, it was the irrational hatred of other people that drove me away, especially the "cis-scum" thing. And this is why I like 4chan. Different ideas everywhere. Circlejerking is called out and mocked.

>Boy oh boy there could probably be a saucy debate here.
Not really. He makes some good points, he makes some bad points. I can see why some people like him. As for me, I just look at the fact that the man has zero political experience. I honestly don't even pay much attention to politics, so... yeah. Really annoyed how so many on the Left are outright lying about him though, treating him like he's the new Hitler or something. If he gets into office? Well, that's not the worst thing that could happen. He's better than Hillary. I'm probably voting Sanders. I think Black Lives Matter has shown him the dark side of Social Justice. Might just go third party when it comes down to it though.

>>47823057
I think even during the most broken parts of Magic's history, they wouldn't greenlight this.
>>
File: MarchOfTheDead.png (1 MB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
MarchOfTheDead.png
1 MB, 750x1046
It would probably be very hard to balance this so it's reasonable for EDH but still playable in 60 card formats.
>>
File: Warwizard Magister.png (258 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Warwizard Magister.png
258 KB, 375x523
>>47823315
>The sad thing is, a lot of these people are well-meaning
The only thing you need to do great evil is a good intent.

>I just look at the fact that the man has zero political experience
He's actually been involved in politics since the 80s, so that's not quite true. He also doesn't need it. What people don't get is that he can hire advisers, and hire people to have political experience for him. Which he's done. How do you think he was able to navigate the ye olde archaic rat maze that is the Republican primary? His campaign staff are some of the best, if not the best, political minds in the world today.

Funny thing that, actually, I'd rather see Sanders over Hilary too. Even if I disagree with his ideas, he is at least honest about them. Hilary's just a miserable little pile of secrets.

wew we gettin' /pol/ in here.

More cards. Yes. Post more cards. Talk more MTG. MaRo is a hack! Return To Time Spiral plz! I'm kind of hyped for Kaladesh actually even though almost every recent block has been shit. etc. etc.
>>
>>47823378
Wow, no kidding. Even in... whatever the "vanilla" format of Magic is called, I could see it getting powerful. Have to admit though, I'm kinda surprised it doesn't use Gravestorm. Though if it did, I think I would cut out the mill 5 part.
>>
File: John Constantine Hellblazer.jpg (49 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
John Constantine Hellblazer.jpg
49 KB, 375x523
>>47823423
>80's
Didn't know about that. Wait, but he's never actually held a position in government, has he? Because that's more or less what I meant. But again, don't pay much attention to politics.

>pile of secrets
Yes. She's a scheming, corporatist demagogue. As egotistical as Trump appears in public I bet you Hillary is in private. And yes, the honesty. I've heard it pointed out a few times that Sanders and Trump are both important due to their lack of corporate puppet-strings. And honesty is a great trait in a politician, at least for the governed. Are you really secure with someone who lies to your face? Again, I can see the positive appeal for Trump, and that's a big part of it. Someone who says what he thinks and doesn't care what other people think about him. Those are traits I would want in anyone who wishes to protect the freedom of speech. "You can say your thing, I can say mine."

>MaRo is a hack!
Sometimes, yes. I think he's right about 9 times out of 10 though. I still don't forgive him for OK'ing Curse of the Swine and Reality Shift, then decrying Song of the Dryads, Lignify, and Utopia Vow.

>Return To Time Spiral plz!
Oh god no, I can't tack more retcons.
>It turns out each of the original 5
>I'm sorry, did I say "original "5? I meant Origins 5. Who the fuck are Ajani and Garruk, right?
>It turns out each of the Origins 5 is somehow related to a famed oldwalker.
>Serra->Gideon
>Urza->Jace
>Leshrac->Liliana
>Jaya->Chandra
>Freyalise->Nissa

>card
nice. Not entirely ssold on it being hybrid part-White though. I think gold might be better. But that's just me. Here's somehting somewhat similar. The man who conned all the rulers of Hell.
>>
>>47823631
>As egotistical as Trump appears in public I bet you Hillary is in private.
one of her secret service agents have attested to her physically assaulting Bill, and being an all around grumpy frumplepuss in private

Sanders and Trump are in different boats though. Sanders may not be funded by corporate interests, but a huge, huge chunk of his funding comes from unions. He is biased, just in a different direction. Trump, on the other hand, is self funded which means he is biased towards literally one direction: himself. There are no perfect politicians but it's nice to have two that are non status quo.

>Not entirely ssold on it being hybrid part-White though
Considering G/U hybrid, or yeah UW gold.
>>
File: Deathbinding.png (1 MB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Deathbinding.png
1 MB, 750x1046
>>
File: Sam Wilson Falcon.jpg (35 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Sam Wilson Falcon.jpg
35 KB, 375x523
>>47823730
>his funding comes from unions. He is biased, just in a different direction.
Well, yeah, everyone's going to be biased towards their own political views, I can accept that. It was just annoying that every single big-name politician seemed to owe favors to the very people they are supposed to be policing. I mean, as far as unions go, I would generally be in favor of support for them. They are composed of the very same citizens the politicians are supposed to look after, instead of giant corporations that exploit loopholes for maximum gain to themselves and minimum gain for everyone else. That said, I do realize that there have been times were unions have gotten out of hand. And I totally think they should be monitored, just like the big corporations.

>>47823836
If you aren't interested in graveyard interactions, you could make a replacement clause to gain control of it instead. Not entirely sure how I feel about this though. I really don't want to see a back-and-forth of people using this on each others' creatures.
>>
>>47823932
>They are composed of the very same citizens the politicians are supposed to look after, instead of giant corporations that exploit loopholes for maximum gain to themselves and minimum gain for everyone else.
Gotta stop you on this one; they're both citizens. People that run corporations are the same as people that run unions, and they are both seeking what is best for their own personal gains (I'd reckon there is exactly the same percentage of charity-loving, ethical people at the top of corporations and the top of unions). The only divide is that business leaders have their personal gain restricted by government intervention, and union leaders use government intervention explicitly for their personal gain. At least, when we're talking about "corrupt" versions of both.

The government has a responsibility to protect every citizen, whether they are a private or public sector employee.
>>
>>47824056
Yeah, this is definitely were we split up. My views on corporations versus unions stems from the following belief: People with more power are more likely to abuse their power than people with less power. Obviously, this means my belief is that corporations are far more likely to abuse their employees and customers than a union is to abuse its privileges. And while I'm not a fan of abuse of power at all, if I were just forced to choose, I think I would choose the abuse of lesser power.

>they're both citizens
Have you ever heard of corporate personhood?
>>
>>47824231
>People with more power are more likely to abuse their power than people with less power.
>if I were just forced to choose, I think I would choose the abuse of lesser power.
So, considering government is the most powerful thing in any given society (only entity "legally" allowed the use of lethal force), you'd choose to be a corporation over a union because unions exploit government power?

>Have you ever heard of corporate personhood?
yeah but that idea is balls-deep batshit retarded.
>>
File: Æther Tide.png (293 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Æther Tide.png
293 KB, 375x523
>>
>>47824406
It's like a weird Mind's Desire.
>>
>>47823444
The whole point of it is the milling. It's a card that's actually dangerous to Storm sometimes.
>>
>>47825507
If you are milling that much in response to a storm deck, they are winning on the very same turn and won't lose to mill.
>>
bump
>>
File: Rapid Fisticuffs.png (308 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Rapid Fisticuffs.png
308 KB, 375x523
>>
>>47828053
Depending on how hard you storm, some of them may not resolve because you've blown the board of possible targets.
>>
File: Curious Sprite.jpg (37 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Curious Sprite.jpg
37 KB, 375x523
Something small and insignificant to bump the thread
>>
>>47823423
I don;t see the white in this.
>>
File: Tornado Alley.png (251 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Tornado Alley.png
251 KB, 375x523
I think I like this better as a sorcery, since you have to put a little work into it. (And Plummet effects have always been common.)
>>
>>47822660
Oddly, underpowered, and depending on what you define as a "zone" things get out of hand really fast.

>The fourty-second card in your library goes to the battlefield.

>The enchantment goes to the command zone.

>The exiled creature returns to the hand.

>Exile the fifth card of your library.

>Put target creature from player one's exile into player three's hand.
>>
File: Thunderbolt Ross.jpg (103 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Thunderbolt Ross.jpg
103 KB, 752x523
>>47824317
No. A union gets power from a government and other sources, but it doesn't contain that power in and of itself. I want to point out that I'm not an idiot who thinks a complex problem can be solved with a simple answer that fits on a bumper sticker. At the end of the day, part of what I want from a government is to help the abused and punish the abusers, doesn't matter who they are, union or corporate. My problem with corporations is that they have a very bad track record when it comes to abusing people. They have enough power to influence the system that should be punishing them for their misdeeds. And this idea of imperfect systems isn't something I lay at the feet of corporations, it's something I lay at the feet of humanity. We make systems designed with certain outcomes in mind. And then other humans come in and find ways to exploit and break those systems. For example, the free market. A great idea when it works as intended. Not so great when you get things like monopolies. The faults of the free market aren't exactly even faults of the free market in and of itself, but rather those consequences that occur when the free market is manipulated to produce unintended outcomes. This is why we need at least some degree of control in these systems. Checks and balances, rewards and punishments. Something to account for our devious minds. And don't get me wrong, these people exist everyone. From lawyers and bankers to the union reps and food stamp collectors. And these people won't just stop existing. They'll always exist. And our system must always be able to adapt to these people. A complex answer to a complex problem.
>>
>>47829352
Huh, I think someone last thread was saying something about it being overpowered, perhaps it's just not a fun mechanic? I wanted something with an unglued feel to it but "unglued planeswalker" is proving difficult. To be honest the only part I really like about it is his +1 effect which find to be humorous and in line with other planeswalkers abilities.
>>
File: Growth Storm.jpg (49 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Growth Storm.jpg
49 KB, 375x523
Shit name, I know, sue me. Manipulation of the stack means you can power up the same creature exponentially, right?
>>
>>47829709
X in this case is determined on resolution, so yes. If you have three copies that all target a 1/1, the first to resolve puts 1 counter, the second puts 2, and the third will put 4.
>>
File: Mana Storm.jpg (45 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Mana Storm.jpg
45 KB, 375x523
How bad of an idea is this?

>>47829790
Cool, thanks.
>>
File: Waves of Silence.jpg (172 KB, 750x523) Image search: [Google]
Waves of Silence.jpg
172 KB, 750x523
>>
>>47829488
>part of what I want from a government is to help the abused and punish the abusers
So what happens when a government abuses?

I was going to talk about how unstable + ephemeral monopolies are in free markets, how you can't get corruption in a free market without governments (lobbyists, patent law etc.) but I think that question gets out everything I'd want to say.

The only other thing I'd add is that you mention the free market a ton in the context of it being an idea, like that people thought of it somewhere in the 1500s and just decided to try out. Not the case. Free trade existed, and worked, long before economic or political theory.

>Card
>Whenever a player casts a creature spell, put a token onto the battlefield.
Sweet sam hill that is disgusting in multiplayer. Taurean Mauler on PCP stuff of nightmares type stuff.
>>
File: 83[1].jpg (56 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
83[1].jpg
56 KB, 312x445
>>47830018
Magic's AND isn't a boolean AND, so "instant and sorcery card" is the normal wording.
>>
>>47830040
>So what happens when a government abuses?
The same thing that happens when any system is exploited to create unintended consequences. You change it.

>I was going to talk about how unstable + ephemeral monopolies are in free markets, how you can't get corruption in a free market without governments (lobbyists, patent law etc.) but I think that question gets out everything I'd want to say.
You keep making it sound as though the government is the devil and the corporations are innocent saints. The corporations are the one corrupting the government. Again, power exploited on a system. You have two systems, the watcher and the watched. The watched corrupts the watcher, and you say the watcher is the problem? The watched cannot be trusted. That is why they are watched. Any philosophy built on the belief that people naturally act from the goodness of their hearts is, frankly, moronic. This is why libertarianism, anarchy, and communism are all terrible fucking ideas. They fail to account for devious minds. They think opening up a system frees people, but then there's nothing to protect them from the exploiters. One exploiter can abuse many people. This is the problem.

>The only other thing I'd add is that you mention the free market a ton in the context of it being an idea, like that people thought of it somewhere in the 1500s and just decided to try out. Not the case. Free trade existed, and worked, long before economic or political theory.
I would respond merely with a million question marks, but 4chan would say my post is spam.

>Ross
Whelp. Back to the drawing board. Again.
>>
>>47829576
It's underpowered due to the sheer randomness of the abilities, and that you'll almost never get to -8 when people hear what it does. A fun concept, but Rick is definitely Red with an effect like that.

Rick is Red in general.
>>
>>47830234
>the watcher and the watched.
who watches the watcher?

At any rate;
People in the government exploit corporations, not the other way around. Individuals in government take bribes to fill their pockets without having to provide any real value. Corporations earn money by providing real value to people, governments exploit this value through forced taxation + opportunity for bribery. From an economic standpoint, government is only ever a net negative to society. The only reason corporations have to "corrupt" government to begin with is because government is a barrier to corporate success, and corporate leaders have to find ways around these barriers or they literally collapse. Of course, if corporations try to get around this government blockade without "corruption", then the government shuts them down by force and probably arrests everybody involved with the business.

>Any philosophy built on the belief that people naturally act from the goodness of their hearts is, frankly, moronic.
>They think opening up a system frees people, but then there's nothing to protect them from the exploiters.
So you are saying that people are so dumb and fragile that they are completely incapable of protecting themselves, so they need a government to do the protecting for them? That sounds mightily like comic book sci-fi dystopian dictator talk to me.

>Whelp. Back to the drawing board. Again.
Just make it whenever *you* cast a creature spell. If you've ever seen a mauler in multiplayer you'd know why this change has to happen.
>>
>>47830320
>Rick is Red in general
You think? The tinge of blue seems right up his ally what with the knowledge/tech theme and save for those he cares about directly he seems to act fairly selfishly and with out typically "good" morals, but that could be explained away as simply having a better understanding of how the universe functions... though his past is still rather shrouded and season 2 could very well (and dare I say likely) prove me wrong. I can certainly see the argument for red though. Kinda Hesitant to make him tri-colored.
>>
File: 9k=.jpg (461 KB, 750x1569) Image search: [Google]
9k=.jpg
461 KB, 750x1569
Politics and Mythics! Wew!
>>
>>47830547
>Citrus-Eyed
Why is this person's apparent claim to fame that they have fruits in their eyesockets
>>
>>47830587
Not just any fruit! Citrus fruit!

Citrus is a color too
it was actually a nickname from an embarrassing incident that they were teased about forever during their pre-planar avatar life and it just stuck
>>
>>47823378
Making it a sorcery would trim a lot of power off it, similar to Dragonstorm
>>
>>47830427
>who watches the watcher?
Do you know what voting is for?

>People in the government exploit corporations, not the other way around.
Refer back to my original "devil and saints" analogy. Quick question: If Satan--I'm sorry, the government--so desperately wants the saints--sorry again, corporations--to bribe them... why is it illegal? Why would they make something they want to happen punishable by law? If these people were caught doing this, they would be punished by people in positions of authority their system has invented using rules their system wrote. How in the fuck do you justify this in your mind?

>So you are saying that people are so dumb and fragile that they are completely incapable of protecting themselves, so they need a government to do the protecting for them?
What's stopping someone from walking up to you and beating you to death in broad daylight? Oh, the police. Because the police will capture them, then punish them by the laws of the government. Now, what's stopping someone from walking up to you and beating you to death in Somalia? Oh, nothing. And now you're dead. Why would you want to live in a system like this? This is a system where the strong crush the weak, and there is nothing for the weak to protect them. This is why we have our governments. Some freedom is sacrificed for safety. Don't like it? Go to Somalia.
>That sounds mightily like comic book sci-fi dystopian dictator talk to me.
I'm never going to get through to you. A system with no control is a terrible one. There is nothing to stop the strong from crushing the weak in such a system. Your entire outlook on the world is, simply, utopian. And you don't even seem to realize it. Your expectations of people are so unrealistic. If every single person on the planet were moral, logical, benevolent, and humanist, your philosophy would make sense. But that's just not the case. I'm sorry, but the world is not as you think it is.
>>
>>47830547
>Citrus
"you may cast nonland cards as though they had flash". The mana shouldn't empty until end of turn so you can at least use it to ramp. Sure you can flash in some spells during your draw step, but how often do you want to do that in those colors? And it goes against the second ability which presumably is for casting spells during your opponents' turns.

>Many
I quite like this.

>Idol
It's not very exciting. It makes sense color-pie wise, but I don't see myself wanting that effect in WB and would rather have it in a BR suicide deck.

>Enoya
This is a boring pushed-for-constructed mythic.
>>
>>47830040
>>47830427
>how you can't get corruption in a free market without governments
By the way, I want to point out that this statement basically boils down to "You can't have corruption without a government." Which is just a snowclone. I mean... yes, that is true. But that doesn't really mean anything other than pointing to the definitions of words. You're trying to imply that corruption, which we all know is a bad thing, is something inherent in government, which makes government a bad thing. But that's simply not true. Corruption is something that happens to a government, yes, so removing it removes corruption. But that doesn't make it a core part of government.

Let's try this with something else. "You can't have rape without sex." Which is true, rape is defined as sex without consent. But that doesn't say anything about sex. You could even replace "rape" with "STDs" it doesn't change anything.
>>
>>47826008
I think you've missed the point entirely.
>>
>>47830814
>Do you know what voting is for?
To placate the masses? At any rate, I sure wish the EU knew what it was for :'^)

>why is it illegal?
To placate the masses, of course! Do you think any reasonable percentage of politicians that accept bribes actually get arrested? Consider Hilary.

>What's stopping someone from walking up to you and beating you to death in broad daylight?
I know kung fu actually. They'd need a knife at least, or a reasonable deal of training. If it was legal to carry where I live, I would have a gun to stop them *and* know kung fu! Beat that, random street thug. Except the government won't let me carry a gun, so I can't protect myself as well as I would want to. So yeah, I guess you could say that because the government would arrest me for protecting myself...

>Oh, the police.
But also not true. Police response time to a crime is anywhere around ~10-30 minutes. Any committed person could kill anybody else within that window.

>Because the police will capture them, then punish them by the laws of the government.
Vigilantism would do that just fine if the police didn't catch & arrest people for it. Because only those in silly costumes with magic badges can exact justice, right?

>A system with no control is a terrible one.
Free markets have control. It is consumer demand.

>There is nothing to stop the strong from crushing the weak in such a system.
Good! That's how you improve things. A business provides a better, cheaper service than another business so the worse business goes under. Cars destroy the horse-drawn carriage, and yeah some horse breeders suffer but who cares we have cars now! Video killed the radio star etc. etc. etc.

>>47830814
>If every single person on the planet were moral, logical, benevolent, and humanist, your philosophy would make sense. But that's just not the case. I'm sorry, but the world is not as you think it is.
so do only moral people go into government?
>>
>>47830925
> You're trying to imply that corruption, which we all know is a bad thing, is something inherent in government, which makes government a bad thing.
People are inherently corruptible
Governments are made of people. Therefor etc.

>But that doesn't make it a core part of government.
Government is literally people that did not earn money taking money from people that earned it by gunpoint or threat of imprisonment. Sounds like a corrupt entity to me.

-

Any checks & balances that the government puts on itself, it is perfectly acceptable to assume people without a government would do it to themselves. People in and out of government are, actually for real, both the same species. Adding an extra layer to the oversight doesn't do anything that a single layer would do just fine (and with less of a cost-burden to society).

Your sex analogy mostly doesn't mean anything so I won't comment on it.
>>
File: Sanja the Citrus-Eyed.png (293 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Sanja the Citrus-Eyed.png
293 KB, 375x523
>>47830849
ye this is much nicer good feedback. Thx : )
>>
>>47831108
>Governments are made of people. Therefor etc.
But corporations are all made of great saints. I can't believe you are this stupid. You can't even see your own hypocrisy. If your view were changed to apply to sexes and genders, you would be an SJW. Well, that or a stormfag. You are so closeminded. I kinda feel sorry for you. And I really hate the people who did this to you. But they probably had it done by then too. And you're going to do it to someone else, aren't you? And so the cult continues.
>>
File: Soul Bind.png (226 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Soul Bind.png
226 KB, 375x523
>>
>>47831252

Add Pemmins aura to something that draws cards and you probably win.

It is RUG after all. No shortage of degeneracy there.
>>
>>47831276
>But corporations are all made of great saints
Nope, made of people. The difference is motivation. Government gets money at gunpoint so they are not accountable to anybody (One election every 5 years? Wooooooah!). At least, they aren't accountable until they do something so blasphemously, explicitly evil they spark a revolution. We're talkin' babies killing babies inside the womb type stuff here. Corporations earn money by providing a valuable service that other people willingly pay for. Doesn't matter if you are evil or good, corrupted or pure, if your only means of success is to provide a quality service, then you provide a quality service. People respond to incentive, that's all it is.

Nice le ad hominem face tho. Glad to see when defending your religion, your mighty faith in government, in funny people that gather together in a special building, wear silly costumes and discuss the nature of reality, you resort to frumpy scatheflinging. There is, actually for real though, no need for you to be so grumplepussy in this conversation.
>>
>>47831402
>Pemmin's Aura + Arcanis
Yes. Yes, this is the dream. May mana burn rest in peace :')
>>
>>47831416
>>47831276
>>47831108
>>47831013
>>47830925
>>47830814
>>47830427
>>47830234
Damn it /Pol/ get out of here!
>>
>>47831494
>>47822856
>Last one for now, I swear.
:'^) We tried.
>>
File: Corporate Personhood.png (206 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Corporate Personhood.png
206 KB, 375x523
>>
>>47831416
You want to get rid of government. You want to get rid of something created to help and defend people. If you have your way, you will create a hell on Earth, and you will gladly do so under the approval of your own conscience. What will you have to say for all those innocents who are hurt by your actions? No, never mind, you'll probably justify it in your own twisted way, saying they deserve it because they're part of that group or the other. You're a fucking maniac. You are my enemy and I will always oppose you. For all that is necessary for people like you to triumph is for people like me to do nothing. When we, the actual humanists and liberals, finally depose the regressives, we will go after the next greatest threat to civilization: You. And we will destroy you the same way we will destroy them, with fact, logic, and reason. You have already lost.
>>
File: Justice League Watchtower.jpg (55 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Justice League Watchtower.jpg
55 KB, 375x523
>>47831568
...What if it's already a creature? I mean, I know what will happen mechanically. But flavorfully? Also, I guess Prez (or whatever it's called) might be kinda interesting to do. What was that other old series that was revived for a few issues then cancelled again? Green Team? Yeah, there's definitely a part of me that likes being obscure. But not right now.
>>
>>47831641
>If you have your way, you will create a hell on Earth,
W U T. Is this a copypasta? It reads like a copypasta. I'm going to use this as a copypasta from now on. Aaanyawys-

Like was it hell on earth before government and then suddenly fire and brimstone went away when the first human government was formed? I must've missed that when studying history. I mean, did pre-government nomadic human-like species exhibit anything at all like what you are talking about? Hell to the no.

you will create a hell on Earth, and you will gladly do so under the approval of your own conscience.
tfw *I AM LITERALLY GOD* o baby I can feel THE POWER!

>What will you have to say for all those innocents who are hurt by your actions?
I try not to hurt people intentionally. If I hurt anybody else by accident, I would apologize.

>You're a fucking maniac
woop woop I want people to be free! Freedom for all! I'm CrrrRRRAAAZY! WOOOOO!

>When we, the actual humanists and liberals, finally depose the regressives, we will go after the next greatest threat to civilization: You.
Unfortunately, liberals are afraid of guns & we aren't. So we'd have guns. So we'd win. RIP you. :'(

>And we will destroy you the same way we will destroy them, with fact, logic, and reason.
Government doesn't exist. There is no part of nature that demands it, no law of the universe that states it. It is a state of mind and nothing else, just religion under a different name. You rename churches to parliaments, popes to presidents, but it's the same structure of faith. So yeah, there's some reason.

I, when given the choice between bending dogmatic to an unreal entity & simply enjoying reality, would choose simple reality every time.
>>
>>47831641
for real though, just read how you are responding to some random schmuck on the internet challenging the concept of government.

Your faith in your state is as strong as faith in God. Actually read what you wrote: The threats, the insults, the raw passion. You are religious about this.
>>
File: Cataracts.jpg (187 KB, 750x523) Image search: [Google]
Cataracts.jpg
187 KB, 750x523
>>
>>47831276
>And you're going to do it to someone else, aren't you?
I'm going to do it TO YOU!
>>
>>47831859
From the way it reads it's all in good humor, even if grounded in serious belief. Both parties seem to be enjoying themselves.

>>47831793
Hard to say if it's copypasta, if it's not it is now though as I will also be using this.
>>
>>47831793
>>47831859
You are literally talking about the future of our society, and how badly you want to tear it down. And you treat it like a joke? Yes, you are a maniac. If you have your way, you will contribute monumentally to the suffering of millions. And you don't even realize it. I will oppose you, because I don't want to see those people get hurt by you, some moron who doesn't even know what a government is or how it works. You are vile and childish. You are as destructive as the SJWs are. The saving grace is you're nowhere near as smart as they are (well, their leaders, but I digress), you'll never be able to corrupt institutions from the inside.

>>47831975
No. This isn't in good humor. I'm not enjoying myself. I'm currently engaged with a lunatic who wants to destroy everything we hold dear. Why would I be enjoying myself?
>>
File: Sage of Storms.png (273 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Sage of Storms.png
273 KB, 375x523
>>
>>47832016
>You are literally talking about the future of our society, and how badly you want to tear it down.
Actually, technically this is more of a discussion of economics & ethics. Predicting the future, considering the complexity of the human system, is pretty much impossible. Government is an unethical entity that is a net burden on economy. If you remove government, economy will thrive (We've seen this happen before many, many times. America overtaking the world's economies, the German economic miracle post-WW2, current-day Switzerland etc. Consistently throughout the world & history, the countries with the smallest governments have had the highest standard of living).

>If you have your way, you will contribute monumentally to the suffering of millions.
So, what kind of ratio do you think we'd get if we compared the total death toll of all governments in history to the total death toll of all corporations in history?

Actually though, as economies thrive in the absence of government, standard of living for all classes goes up. The poor get access to cheaper, better basic products. The wealthy drive innovation through investment. Again, this isn't a fantasy. We've seen this constantly through history.

>you will contribute monumentally to the suffering of millions.
>You are vile and childish.
>you are a maniac.
>You are as destructive as the SJWs are.
> I'm currently engaged with a lunatic
Also obligatory pointing out your abso-fucking-lute flat out evil spite & hatred towards an individual for simply expressing an idea. This is some vile stuff you're spewing, exclusively on the basis of someone else having a different set of ideas than you.
>>
>>47832016
>you will contribute monumentally to the suffering of millions. And you don't even realize it.
>Said the pot to the kettle
>>
>>47832103
Man, some art I'm so used to seeing I think it's on an actual Magic card for a second. As for the ability, not really sure how to feel about it. Though the wording is kinda weird. I don't think it needs to say "another spell." I get that you don't want it to enable itself on the turn you cast it, but a permanent isn't going to recognize itself as a spell. Besides, it doesn't have Haste. On its own, you can't use it to enable itself.
>>
>>47830320
>>47830524
Rick is a crazy ass scientist who can build tons of destructive and reality warping inventions on the fly. How is this even a question? He's obviously Izzet aligned.
>>
File: Cuck.png (205 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Cuck.png
205 KB, 375x523
>>
>>47832016
>>47832122
oh shit I missed one

>The saving grace is you're nowhere near as smart as they are
>>
>>47832122
Can you give me fact-checked peer-reviewed studies that support anything that you are saying? Or are you merely talking out of your ass?

>Also obligatory pointing out your abso-fucking-lute flat out evil spite & hatred towards an individual for simply expressing an idea. This is some vile stuff you're spewing, exclusively on the basis of someone else having a different set of ideas than you.
It's not that you are merely expressing any simple idea I happen to disagree with, such as saying you prefer one soda that I dislike. It is the fact your specific idea will have adverse effects that you do not want to acknowledge, coupled with the fact that, despite what you may think, you have some say this country's future merely by being a citizen. Your decisions and beliefs will affect this country in negative ways that will only pull us back into the past. You want us to regress. And you are too willfully ignorant to realize it. This is why I'm saying this. It's the same things I say about the SJWs, and for the same reasons.

>>47832154
How does not changing something contribute to something?
>>
>>47832281
>Can you give me fact-checked peer-reviewed studies that support anything that you are saying? Or are you merely talking out of your ass?
Fuck it I ain't google diving this shit. Here have some Wikipedia sources.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wirtschaftswunder

okay fuck it I did it
https://www.ethz.ch/content/dam/ethz/special-interest/mtec/cer-eth/cer-eth-dam/documents/working-papers/wp_05_44.pdf
>Our results show that life satisfaction decreases with higher government spending
>This negative impact of the government is stronger in countries with a leftwing median voter.
I only read the abstract but hey I'm sure something that you want is somewhere in there. That's one. If you're interested in more you can find it yourself I'm sure, as I did. Your lack of willingness to search this up yourself shows a bit of bias, in not actively seeking ideas that challenge your current views.

> It is the fact your specific idea will have adverse effects that you do not want to acknowledge
If you bring up an actual, specific adverse effect, and not some fucking batshit bull honkey reactionary, vague bullfuck retardo-McEmotional shit like
>You will create hell on earth
>you will contribute monumentally to the suffering of millions.
>your specific idea will have adverse effects
>Your decisions and beliefs will affect this country in negative ways
I'd be happy to acknowledge it & discuss it.

>Your decisions and beliefs will affect this country in negative ways that will only pull us back into the past.
>Negative ways
Prove it.

>You want us to regress.
Yes. I want us to regress from oppression to freedom. Fuck to the holy flash frozen Hell I must be evil.
>>
File: Valley Scout.png (215 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Valley Scout.png
215 KB, 375x523
>>
>>47832281
>>47832403
How about you both stop shitposting in the the fucking Custom card thread.
>>
>>47832459
I'll have you know that I'm a veritable shitposting connoisseur! But if you insist...
>>
>>47832452
Mana burn is dead. This sucks.
>>
>>47832403
>from oppression to freedom
This is exactly what the SJWs say. Except nobody is being oppressed. What sane people call "taxation" you call "oppression" because the people who have lied to you have told you that taxes are some evil tool the greedy government officials use to siphon money away from everyone else just because they can. One benefit of taxes is healthcare. Government provided healthcare helps people who normally can't afford to pay their medical bills. What do you say to those people whose quality of life dramatically plunges because they can't get their medication? Oh, will the saintly corporations help them? But why would they? Corporations are made to make money. Why give something to someone who can't pay for it? What apologetics do you have lodged in your brain to explain that?

>Prove it.
There is no better form of government than democracy. Every other form has been tried. None of them have ever had the same successes as democracy. Democratic states have the best quality of life hands down. But you would rather live in fucking Somalia. Please, just go there. You want to live in your little government-free utopia? Go to Somalia.

>Wikipedia
Did you even click on some of those links? Ordoliberalism, which is what Germany and Austria were using, relies on a strong role of the state in economics! That certainly doesn't sound to me like a case against a government.

>pdf
>I only read the abstract
Oh, what a surprise. The abstract is just a right-wing circlejerk. Even if I had the time to go through this now, I doubt I would find anything useful.
>>
File: Concealed Thoughts.png (216 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Concealed Thoughts.png
216 KB, 375x523
>>
>>47832511
Prevents them from using that mana during your second main, if that means anything.

>>47831402
>>47831447
Pemmin's Aura, Freed from the Real, and Mind Over Matter are pretty much giant blinking signs that say "For a degenerate time, tap here."
>>
>>47832725
>>47832403
>>47832281
>>47832154
>>47832122
>>47832016
>>47831859
>>47831793
>>47831641
>>47831416
>>47831276
>>47831108
>>47831013
>>47830925
>>47830814
>>47830427
>>47830234
>>47830040
>>47829488
>>47824317
>>47824231
>>47824056
>>47823932
>>47823730
>>47823631
>>47823423
>>47823315
>>47823040
>>47822856
>>47822648
>>47822605
Guys, gals, anons. Please. Take it to /pol/. I normally enjoy a spirited political debate, but this is really a poor forum for it. I mean the thread being deleted isn't the end of the world, but seriously, bickering about this in the middle of people who either don't care or don't want to deal with it is sort of ignorant. Yes yes, "anon means you can do what you want" is all great and good, but if either of you possess any decorum at all, please desist. Thanks.
>>
File: UR07s Fever Pitch.png (314 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
UR07s Fever Pitch.png
314 KB, 375x523
>>47832835
>manifest
Yesss. I love manifest. Shame the set I was tinkering with it in died horribly because the concept didn't hold up to the mechanics. And I'm bad at this, really.
>>
File: DoubleFixLands.jpg (305 KB, 1875x523) Image search: [Google]
DoubleFixLands.jpg
305 KB, 1875x523
>>47828861
I like this. Simple, but fun.
>>
>>47832919
Hm. I feel like the third ability on these is a bit much, but mostly because the same thing on an artifact would be easier to deal with. Lands are too resilient. These might smooth things out a bit too much, but at least they don't technically produce bonus mana. I feel like they need to ETB tapped, but I'm kinda bad at lands, so...
>>
>>47832893
not bad
>>
>>47832951
The second and third abilities actually work against each other. If you want to get value from the second ability, you play a land that produces a different color (for example, you could have access to WW or 1U if you played an island after an Andisol Fields).
For the third ability, you have to play lands that match the color of one of these lands, which negates the value of the second ability.
Both abilities could be used if you play a lot of dual lands, but most dual lands come with their own extra price to pay, and color fixing becomes irrelevant if your playing that many lands that produce multiple colors already.

Sorry if that was a bit long winded, but I felt like giving you my thoughts on how I balanced these lands.
>>
>>47832919
You should get rid of the first ability. It's not needed and makes it look like there's more going on than there really is.
>>
File: Rick Sanchez.jpg (43 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Rick Sanchez.jpg
43 KB, 375x523
>>47832177
>>
File: Brienne Spellsword Adept.jpg (53 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Brienne Spellsword Adept.jpg
53 KB, 375x523
I believe someone posted a UR artifacts-focused version of this last thread.
>>
>>47832177
mechanically yes, but rick is morally very black (a la mark rosewater via blogatog). he could arguably be grixis. he's very sociopathic and narcissistic, which are both blue/black traits. he acts for personal gain, which is the defining black characteristic. finally he's very passionately anti-authority, a red trait.
>>
File: Riverway Stalker.png (223 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Riverway Stalker.png
223 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Rangers Wisdom.png (268 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Rangers Wisdom.png
268 KB, 375x523
>>
aye lads how do i add a fourth loyalty ability to a planeswalker frame
>>
>>47833603
Its a separate template.
>>
>>47833610
nooooooooo
>>
>>47833603
If you're using the M15 frame, press enter a bunch of times. Warning: it's kind of bugged.
>>
>>47833333
That's sexy...
>>
File: Nubian Mender.png (246 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Nubian Mender.png
246 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Venomous Scarwitch.png (232 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Venomous Scarwitch.png
232 KB, 375x523
>>
File: URP MOARTY.jpg (150 KB, 750x523) Image search: [Google]
URP MOARTY.jpg
150 KB, 750x523
>>47833333
>>47833498
but consider this!
>>
File: RG01 Augur of the Deep Places.jpg (51 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
RG01 Augur of the Deep Places.jpg
51 KB, 375x523
Whaaaat the fuck happened in this thread?
>>
>>47833644
Glad you like it. It would have been even sexier if I could have found a proper copy of the art. It's actually just a close up picture of some shirt.

That aside, I hope someone out there gets the ultimate.
>>
>>47835059
Spells can't have hexproof.
>>
>>47834628
Fucked pentagon anon being an alt-right retard happened.
>>
>>47833749
Isn't 2/2 a bit too generous for a Morty?
>>
>>47835077
There's nothing saying they can't have it, just no set has been dumb enough to implement it because that would be a confusing mess for normies somehow.
>>
>>47835114
Nah, Morty could totally go toe to toe with a bear, or even two men. But he better watch out for those goddamn horseshoe crabs!
>>
>>47835132
>There's nothing saying they can't have it
No, anon, spells literally can't have hexproof. Hexproof is an ability that can only be applied to permanents and players.
>>
>>47835168
Hmm, you appear to be correct. I thought I was being creative by allowing Rick to bend the norms of the game like that, but spells are apparently all cards you cast, not just instants and sorceries.
>>
>>47835275
>but spells are apparently all cards you cast, not just instants and sorceries.
Uh, yeah, was that ever in doubt? How did you think cards like Essence Scatter worked?
>>
>>47835299
I come from a very casual playgroup. Also none of us have that card.
>>
>>47835323
Maybe you should read up on the rules a bit more before designing cards then, anon.
>>
File: Savants Innovation.jpg (154 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Savants Innovation.jpg
154 KB, 750x1046
>Storm edition
>Bad ideas edition
>>
47833333 how about the first ability is "put a 1/1 white human creature token on the battlefield with 'planeswalkers you control have hexproof'"
>>
>>47835427
>UR card
>producing white tokens

I don't think so, Jim.
>>
>>47835354
Nah it's just one mistake, I'll be fine. Nothing else about how the card was worded was fucked up right?
>>
File: Vaasil Bulwark.jpg (36 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Vaasil Bulwark.jpg
36 KB, 375x523
>>
>>47821315
I'm a bit late, but red token maker at common seems wrong to me

>>47822586
Interesting idea, and it might not be broken if you keep it only on monocolored cards so you need to include both those ones and the multicolored cards in your deck.
>>
File: Replace Ravnica with Innistrad.jpg (315 KB, 939x520) Image search: [Google]
Replace Ravnica with Innistrad.jpg
315 KB, 939x520
How many french vanilla creatures should a set have at common?

I know vanilla should be 1 per color.
>>
>>47835775
Wasn't there a red token maker at common in theros for 1 mana?
>>
>>47833333
fuken check'd
>>
>>47835384
you can cast it with storm 1
then make the copy target the original itself
then make the new copy target the original
and so on making an infinite loop

>target instant or sorcery spell not named ~
>>
>>47835971
You are actually right.
When I saw that Loria Warlord, it seemed to me that repeatable token making was too powerful for common.

But Wizards has done it, right? Let's see:
>Heroic — Whenever you cast a spell that targets Akroan Crusader, put a 1/1 red Soldier creature token with haste onto the battlefield.
Why is Akroan Crusader not broken (it might actually be, I didn't play at all during the Theros season at all so I don't know), then?
Well, my guess is that the trigger condition being Heroic makes it harder for it to net you card advantadge.
You will usually get tokens only when playing combat tricks or Auras and you won't have a lot of them (yes, I know there was Bestow, yet still).
And it can even be play around by not blocking it or attacking into it so it can't get card advantadge by playing combat tricks or Auras (with the exception of Bestow).

That's my thoughts on why "your" card is still too powerful to be common.
>>
File: Epiphany.png (335 KB, 377x526) Image search: [Google]
Epiphany.png
335 KB, 377x526
>>
>>47833515
I'd make it a 2/4. A 3/3 unblockable at common in limited would warp the format.
>>
>>47836711
Ah! Card disadvantage for 1GU! Just what I wanted!
>>
File: Lys Alana Huntmaster.jpg (48 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Lys Alana Huntmaster.jpg
48 KB, 375x523
>>47836415
How about this.
>>
>>47837296
Are tribal subtypes an important part of your limited environment?
>>
>>47837364
Dwarf tribal is the RW theme of the set.
>>
File: Rathan Travelers.jpg (39 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Rathan Travelers.jpg
39 KB, 375x523
>>
File: RG09 Sheltering Presence.jpg (47 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
RG09 Sheltering Presence.jpg
47 KB, 375x523
>>47837296
>>47837393
Might be too powerful at common if the Dwarf subtype is overrepresented, so just keep an eye on it.
>Dwarf tribal is the RW theme of the set.
Is tribal an overarching theme of the whole set, or is Dwarf tribal just the RW subtheme? What is the overall "thing" your set does?
>>
File: Theoretical Haze.png (257 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Theoretical Haze.png
257 KB, 375x523
ridiculous ideas
>>
>>47838194
Should be "put into exile," if I'm not mistaken. I also don't think you need the reveal clause, since exile is a public zone. Not sure though, with face-down exiling being a thing.
>>
>>47838248
>Not sure though, with face-down exiling being a thing.
Yeah that's the thought, face-down exiling needs to be considered. Changed wording to put into exile.
>>
>>47837393
I thought your set had a focus on 3-color stuff
Do you have 3-color themes and 2-color themes?
>>
>>47838194
>card that could be ok in the right environment but would definately break modern/legacy/vintage #34276
>>
>>47838916
I think you're thinking of two different guys
>>
>>47839014
oh right
sorry
>>
File: RG07 Brutal Charge.jpg (48 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
RG07 Brutal Charge.jpg
48 KB, 375x523
Slow thread today
>>
File: rick.png (550 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
rick.png
550 KB, 719x719
>>47835059
Found the image and cut out rick and the portal, have fun with that if you want.
>>
>>47833498
>>47830524
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/145089864418/ricks-clearly-blueblack-i-havent-watched
>>
File: Tyrants Cave.jpg (38 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Tyrants Cave.jpg
38 KB, 375x523
>>47838916
2 color themes only.

>>47838159
Tribal is only a minor theme, it's mostly hybrid/colors matter and +1/+1/counters matter (proliferate).

Trying out a common storage land.
>>
>>47835275
No reason it can't still work, just gotta reword it a bit so it doesn't explicitly read that "spells have hexproof", perhaps "spells can not be the target of other spells or abilities" or something similar.
>>
>>47840887
imho, too much work for what it does
>>
File: 9k=.jpg (143 KB, 750x523) Image search: [Google]
9k=.jpg
143 KB, 750x523
I moved it to a simpler design and put the ridiculous effect into the rare slot. At least if it breaks eternal formats, it would break them from somewhere other than the common slot :0
>>
>>47841147
true, there is some work required for the toggle lands
>>
>>47838194
>>47838248
>>47838270
You're allowed to look at exiled face-down cards only if the ability lets you to, even if you're the owner. You also can't have abilities trigger from private zones (like face-down exile).

Just have it care only if it's exiled face-up.
>>
File: Shield Slam.png (250 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Shield Slam.png
250 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Brilliant Light.png (217 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Brilliant Light.png
217 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Pickmans Model.png (291 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Pickmans Model.png
291 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Murderdeathkiller.png (244 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Murderdeathkiller.png
244 KB, 375x523
What do you think is the most interesting stat/cost combo you could have for a plain vanilla common?
>>
>>47844634
surely it wasn't common, but I remember Wizards has printed an 8/0 trample for 2G
I haven't answered your question at all, but then again, what's "interesting" for you?
I think you should use those slots for whatever your set needs, be it a small creature or one with toughness 4 or whatever. A vanilla creature isn't supposed to be interesting, and if you can achieve it, it's only with nice flavor
>>
File: Balanced Storm Card.jpg (51 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Balanced Storm Card.jpg
51 KB, 375x523
What's the ratio of creatures to non-creatures at the common rarity for each color?
>>
>>47845009
White - Most creatures (tokens count)
Green
Black - 50/50
Red
Blue - Least creatures
>>
File: Growth Storm.jpg (50 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Growth Storm.jpg
50 KB, 375x523
>>47845042
Thank you
>>
File: Ram Rider.png (255 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Ram Rider.png
255 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Anung Un Rama.png (295 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Anung Un Rama.png
295 KB, 375x523
>>
>>47845856
I'm not sure this works due to layers.
>>
>>47833333
Checked

Also, 5 Morty's and a jumper cable
>>
File: Fade into Memory.png (190 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Fade into Memory.png
190 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Doctored Memories.png (249 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Doctored Memories.png
249 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Ashioks Tutelage.png (267 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Ashioks Tutelage.png
267 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Illusory Knight.png (982 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Illusory Knight.png
982 KB, 750x1046
>>
File: Merry Torturemage.png (984 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Merry Torturemage.png
984 KB, 750x1046
>>
>>47849413
Whenever ~ deals damage and with counters on them, if Kulrath knight is anything to go by.
>>
File: Oreikai Land of Wisdom.png (983 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Oreikai Land of Wisdom.png
983 KB, 750x1046
>>47849457
Not sure what you mean.
Although, i intended it to only care about -1 counters, not all counters
>>
File: Seraphim Guardian.png (766 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Seraphim Guardian.png
766 KB, 750x1046
>>
>>47849512
Creatures with -1/-1 counters on them can't block ~, not just creatures with -1/-1 counters.
>>
File: Sanguine Prowler.png (900 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Sanguine Prowler.png
900 KB, 750x1046
>>
File: Flick Through the Pages.jpg (35 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Flick Through the Pages.jpg
35 KB, 375x523
Tried to make a storm card that could kill you if you're not careful with your storm count. Also liked the idea of storm mill.
>>
>>47831862

Right is better. Gives you more of a reason to cast it for the surge cost.
>>
>>47849512
When, not if. It's not a replacement effect being generated (Boseiju, Hall of the Bandit Lord, Generator Servant), it's a delayed trigger.

See Pyromancer's Goggles.
>>
>>47849727
lol, that is soo fucking broken, holy shit.
Don't know how it should be priced, maybe it could just be 1u but I dunno.
>>
>>47849390
>>47849413
>>47849512
>>47849555
>>47849573
>calendaranon is posting again
What the hell did I slip into a time stream and end up two years ago? Or was it even longer? Huh. Well, welcome back, I guess?
>>
File: Weekend Warrior.jpg (31 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Weekend Warrior.jpg
31 KB, 375x523
Totally derivative silver bordered cards, go!
>>
>>47850479
>dat hand
This just goes to show that they make male models pose just as stupidly as female models to get the "right shot".

That said, I actually dunno if you could get away with this being that cheap, even as an Un-card. It's pretty good though.
>>
>>47850585
It's clearly symbolic anon, and it clearly means that he likes to have his hands all over drills, particularly in ways that will lead to body fluids getting everywhere.
>>
File: Tendrils of Poverty.jpg (44 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Tendrils of Poverty.jpg
44 KB, 375x523
>>47850585
Bumped up to 3 CMC :^)

And now for something actually on theme with the thread.
>>
>>47850646
"If you gain more than three dollars this way, you lose the game."

>flavor text
"Rotten cheater!"

>:^)
Oh, it's you.
>>
>>47849065
jesus fucking uncanny valley
>>
File: Slapshot.jpg (42 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Slapshot.jpg
42 KB, 375x523
>>47850715
>Oh, it's you.
I have no idea who I am, but sure.

But hey, you can always concede at any time if the storm count gets too high!
>>
File: 1373234174046.png (31 KB, 426x195) Image search: [Google]
1373234174046.png
31 KB, 426x195
>>47850165
Oh hey, i'm remembered by someone.

Yeah, i'm thinking about getting back into making these, it was fun back in the day.

Were you one of the posters back then?
>>
File: Flick Through the Pages.jpg (36 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Flick Through the Pages.jpg
36 KB, 375x523
>>47850128

What about this then?
>>
File: Forlorn Wastrel.png (263 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Forlorn Wastrel.png
263 KB, 375x523
>>47850832
Yeah, but my symbol from way back then isn't on that version of that tier chart. I've seen it on one, though. Dug up a card that has it. Haven't used it in years since I mostly do sets now.
>>
File: Trolly.png (3 MB, 1500x1568) Image search: [Google]
Trolly.png
3 MB, 1500x1568
>>47850914
Do you remember this guy?
>>
>>47851830
Of course. Most of us still do, and most new folks have at least seen these cards before when the subject of trolls comes up every so often.
>>
File: Rotwitch.png (908 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Rotwitch.png
908 KB, 750x1046
>>
>>47851881
There was a time I thought this was fine, but now it could probably be a 2/2 without much issue. Been quite a bit of power creep with what's allowed with creatures recently and it's funny how many older custom cards are outdated by that now.
>>
File: MW01 General Mary Fields.jpg (843 KB, 1875x523) Image search: [Google]
MW01 General Mary Fields.jpg
843 KB, 1875x523
Didn't get feedback last post a few threads back. rip
>>
File: HordeLowRarities.jpg (474 KB, 1875x523) Image search: [Google]
HordeLowRarities.jpg
474 KB, 1875x523
Too powerful ?
>>
File: 2222.png (992 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
2222.png
992 KB, 750x1046
>>47851946
Yeah, i've been noticing that as i get back into the game
>>
File: Ryfar Seeker of the Unfound.png (1 MB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Ryfar Seeker of the Unfound.png
1 MB, 750x1046
>>
File: Crowd Cover.jpg (44 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Crowd Cover.jpg
44 KB, 375x523
Are we busting out our old set symbols? I'm game.
>>47852704
The "their controllers" wording seems off. Maybe "For each artifact destroyed this way, its controller. . ."
>>
File: Howling Storm.png (863 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Howling Storm.png
863 KB, 750x1046
>>47853087
Oh you're right, i think i have some pre-proofread cards mixed into here
>>
>>47853087
This is the bee's knees.

>>47852706
The second ability is cool, but the first is too close to unblockable in the wrong color.

>>47853213
Why is this tapping?
>>
File: Charismatic Cultist.jpg (42 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Charismatic Cultist.jpg
42 KB, 375x523
>>47853213
Did you ever start working on a full set? I've seen your cards around for years, but never anything too interconnected.
>Howling Storm
Probably fine as an instant. Comparable to Firespout but with heavier color weight (albeit hybrid) and more limited targets.

Just updated this one, since intimidate is dead now.
>>
>>47852153
Eh, hard to tell without playtesting. The temporary nature at least reduces the need for a whole bunch of physical tokens.

>>47852104
Honestly while some are certainly powerful, I don't find any of them all that interesting.
>>
File: Elrond Half-elven.png (260 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Elrond Half-elven.png
260 KB, 375x523
>>
White or Red ?
>>
File: Selvala Judge Executioner.jpg (39 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Selvala Judge Executioner.jpg
39 KB, 375x523
>>
>>47853486
Boring
>>47853780
Red or RW
>>47853843
No
>>
>>47851830
>Cooldown Guy
The legend.
>>
File: Quiet Buildup.jpg (52 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Quiet Buildup.jpg
52 KB, 375x523
>>
Did everyone die?
>>
>>47835775
>>
File: RareQuestCycle.png (2 MB, 1876x524) Image search: [Google]
RareQuestCycle.png
2 MB, 1876x524
Set focused on Sealed. Quests are similar to conspiracies, but are designed to funnel players into archetypes rather than just innate turn 1 advantages.
>>
>>47860136
Giving them all the same naming conventions makes them feel boring and samey. They don't have the mechanical ties of a true cycle, so why name them like one?
>>
>>47860136
You could just reuse the Conspiracy template - Conspiracies don't all have to be one shot advantages.

The Quests themselves vary wildly in power. Necromancer's Rise for example is nuts since you don't have to go out of your way to enable it. Ignimancer's is similar. You should develop them as if they were enchantments at the same CMC, just without the mana cost.
>>
File: Genesis of Next.png (277 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Genesis of Next.png
277 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Adaptive Explorer.png (266 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Adaptive Explorer.png
266 KB, 375x523
>>
>>47853305
I was the head designer for the collaborative set tg was working on, but everyone disappeared and it failed.
I have a bunch of ninjas I made, there was an esper ninjutsu theme.
>>
File: Image.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>47853304
Nonbasic landwalk is already a green thing, so i would say it's fine.
See: dryad sophisticate from Guildpact
>>
>>47862241
It was a thing. Hasn't landwalk gone the way of intimidate nowadays?
>>
>>47824406
Why not just Cascade+Storm?
>>
>>47862488
Cascade triggers on cast.
>>
>>47862516
You mean it would be too overpowered?
>>
>>47862544
I mean it wouldn't work with storm copies.
>>
>>47862348
Maybe, I did design the card like 4 years ago
>>
>>47853780
blue, a la shifting sliver
>>
>>47832122
>Consistently throughout the world & history, the countries with the smallest governments have had the highest standard of living
What is Norway and the rest of Scandinavia?

Polite sage
>>
File: Noilidnev Clique.png (276 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Noilidnev Clique.png
276 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Cliquestone.png (241 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Cliquestone.png
241 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Panglacial Voyage.jpg (45 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Panglacial Voyage.jpg
45 KB, 375x523
>>47822403
>>
>>47864117
>strictly better Rampant Growth
>in multiple ways
>>
>>47863563
>Norway
>Not part of the EU
>Nordic economic model has serious commitments to the free market
Yep uh huh. Sounds like an argument for limiting government to me.

It is also reasonable to argue that Norway sans bureaucratic burdens + welfare state income redistribution would be more prosperous than it is now (opportunity costs of welfare considered).
>>
File: Eclipsical Revelation.png (245 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Eclipsical Revelation.png
245 KB, 375x523
>>
>>47865329
sweet flavor text
>>
>>47863563
>>47865074
I don't like that people like you have shitty non-rigorous arguments and end up feeling like your positions stand up to scrutiny because you held your own against another retard of a similar caliber, but if you insist on doing this bullshit at least have the decency to go to /pol/.
>>
>>47865946
>I don't like
kewl story bro
>>
>>47865780
For full disclosure, it's attributed to Buddah. I'm not that creative a person.
>>
File: RG05 Tamer of the Verge.jpg (51 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
RG05 Tamer of the Verge.jpg
51 KB, 375x523
Made some more progress on my green rares. For those who don't know, incarnate is:
>[COST], Exile this card from your graveyard: Put a token that’s a copy of it onto the battlefield. Incarnate only as a sorcery.
>>
>>47866524
The front half is so inconsequential that you can remove incarnate and just have the elemental bit be its default ability.
>>
>>47866679
Untapping all of your lands is hardly inconsequential.
>>
>>47866524
Make it a cheap 2/2
then "When ~ enters the battlefield, untap all lands you control. They become elementals." etc. etc.
>>
>>47866833
Untapping all of your lands is not a cheap ability, especially not in conjunction with animating all of them simultaneously. Straight untapping alone is a minimum, MINIMUM five mana.
>>
>>47866913
... I figured moving the untap to be explicitly into the "If it is a token ability" would be clear enough

Remove the ETB, put it into the Incarnate ability. Cleans card text, makes it simpler. You also get a card that fits into constructed decks better; a cheap beater and a late game threat as opposed to a useless late game 6-mana 2/2.
>>
>>47866967
>I figured moving the untap to be explicitly into the "If it is a token ability" would be clear enough
You never said that, man. You said to make it a cheap 2/2, then to combine the abilites into one singular ETB, and specifically not the token one.

As for doing so, I will consider it. I like the flexibility of cost it presents, but I worry that making it too cheap will enable it to be abused with "put a token that's a copy" effects, which show up in the set a fair amount.
>>
>>47866524
Me and my Rite of Replication just came in our respective pants. Incarnate seems easily abusable
>>
>>47867094
>Incarnate seems easily abusable
Incarnate itself, or this specific "if it's a token" clause? I've taken great pains to make sure incarnate costs are high enough to be fair, without being unmanageable.
>>
>>47867183
Not this token clause specifically. It's a good keyword, but it has potential to be broken.
>>
>>47867243
I hate this app, does anyone know a good android app for 4chan that remembers my tripcode?
>>
File: RG06 Ghillan Valley Adherent.jpg (88 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
RG06 Ghillan Valley Adherent.jpg
88 KB, 752x523
>>47867243
Well, the best I can do is continue to keep an eye on it. I believe I've avoided anything broken with it so far.

Now, speaking of potentially broken, how are the costs looking on this one?
>>
>>47867359
It seems legendary to me. Also, i would have it put a counter on the enchantment for each exile. Adds counterplay and let's you track the number easier instead of having to remember what cards are exiled with it.
>>
So, how do I a go about and actually edit the format of a card in magic set editor?

I want to make some cards that aren't actually magic cards.
>>
>>47867467
There's tutorials on the MSE forums. It's not a simple task.
>>
>>47867446
>Add counters
The initial version had time counters, but manipulating them to draw tons of cards for little cost just seemed too easy. As for keeping track, it's as simple as putting the cards exiled by it underneath it.
>>
>>47867490
Manipulating the counters on an enchantment isn't that likely unless you build around it, and even then enchantments are slow and this requires something to die and for you to pay mana to draw anything.

Not to mention that you have to exile your own cards to use this, and if it's destroyed your stuff is gone forever and you get no benefit from it anymore.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 115

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.