[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magic Proxies Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: djinn.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
djinn.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
Do any of you play fakes?
Have you ever met anyone playing fakes?
What's your stance towards proxies that are trying to pass as legitimate cards?
>>
>>47807125
I don't play with proxies because I just play casual Commander, and I like the challenge of dealing with my deckpool limitations. BUT, I have no problem with other players using proxies. I think for a legitimate strategy game, everyone should have access to the same options.
>>
>>47807171
This is surprisingly reasonable.
Way to go /tg/.
>>
File: 1464389195538.jpg (104 KB, 650x486) Image search: [Google]
1464389195538.jpg
104 KB, 650x486
Yes. I as well as 2 others at my local shop each have entire legacy decks proxied that we play sometimes. None of the regulars had anything resembling a competitive legacy deck and we wanted a chance to play the format. Theres a certain alure to playing Miracle mirrors that make games satisfying to play although it certainly isnt something I could do all the time.

Outside of that I know that pretty much everybody uses proxies for fetch lands and some of the more expensive staples in their EDH decks simply because people want to play at least somewhat competitive games and seeing as how EDH is secondary to standard/modern only a few people are going to want to put any money into their decks.

I personally dont see an issue with using them because I dislike how wizards conducts business but I do understand completely why they are banned in official competitive play
>>
Proxies pretending to be real? Never, that shit is just dishonest. I only use cards that are either real, or crappy fakes from a laser printer slid in over a common. Helps that my casual group isn't a bunch of pricks.
>>
>>47807125
I bought a Lilliana among some other cards from Stoneman. As has been pointed out they are kind of glossy, but I didn't have any problems otherwise. Personally I don't care whether you play with legit cards or printed out b&w proxies. In the end it is just a game, and if the pieces serve their purpose then there is no problem where they come from.

>inb4 that one butthurt faggot derails the thread and calls everyone poorfags for not thinking that $300 for a playset is reasonable
>>
Im curious. How good are the chinese proxies? I found a seller that sells a playset of every relevant card in vintage/legacy and most of modern by the color for fairly cheap. Im not trying to pass them off as fake or anything I just want them to look nice and not grainy xeroxed pieces of shit.
>>
>>47807908
Just get altered art cards and ask him to print those instead.
>>
I've played fakes before and so does my group, but since I've never played against anyone else outside of sealed events I don't have a very large demographic to choose one.
>>
>>47807908
the ones ive seen are identical to normal cards until you take it out of the sleeves and closely scrutinize them. If you are paying more than a dollar per card chances are they wont be offensively bad
>>
I am not paying $300 for a playset of lands that'll never get used for anything but games in our playgroup.
>>
>>47807125
>Do any of you play fakes?
Yes.

>Have you ever met anyone playing fakes?
Yes.

>What's your stance towards proxies that are trying to pass as legitimate cards?
For cards that are not in print print proxies only hurt the secondary market, not WotC. Given the absurd cost of staples for EDH/Cube I am all for them, paying $1000+ just for land is stupid.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.