[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
D&D 5e crafting sucks dick. Pic unrelated but awesome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
D&D 5e crafting sucks dick. Pic unrelated but awesome
>>
>>47802380
That looks like a total ripoff of Dark Souls.
>>
>>47802391
Guts from Berserk in his berserk armor
>>
new volume in two weeks anon, ARE YOU EXCITE
>>
>>47802439
nope
>>
>>47802380
>the thing the system doesn't touch on and its devs knowingly and willingly avoided because it wasn't part of the focus of the game's mechanics isn't a well-crafted mechanic
Who would've thought? It's like how their rules for fucking monstergirls, interstellar travel or preparing cuisine isn't expansive either.
>>
>>47802474
" knowingly and willingly avoided" =/= putting it in the rules
>>
>>47802380
There's a general, OP.
>>
File: pepe souls.png (195 KB, 496x499) Image search: [Google]
pepe souls.png
195 KB, 496x499
>>47802474
Right, putting crafting in the game just detracts from the more important aspect of rushing through a million hack n' slash face masher monster fights.
You know since combat is basically the only thing the game focuses on.
>>
>>47802380
Does it suck more dick than 3.PF's?
>>
>>47803033
Probably less if only because it doesn't have a huge stack of nonsensical rules attached to it, just a modest pile of silly guidelines.

It still takes the better part of a year to make a suit of plate armour by yourself. I admit I don't know much about armoursmithing, especially with late medieval / renaissance era tools and methods, but I don't think it takes two people half a year to make plate armour.
>>
>>47802941
yarrrrrr
>>
>>47803052
So where's the problem?
>>
>>47803073
The only problem is that I get to homebrew up my own set of rules for crafting. I don't know if I'd call it a problem, though, since I love making homebrew stuff.
>>
>>47803073
The crafting isn't remotely close to realistic
>>
>>47802391

The concept artist or some godzillaman that developed the souls series was heavily inspired by the berserk manga. That's why there's fuckbig weapons and eldritch monstrosities.
>>
>>47803098
So is fighting
>>
>>47803308
so's yer mum lul
>>
>>47803073
It's useless.
>>
>>47803098
>>47803405
But it's not supposed to be useful or realistic.
It's just supposed to suck less dick than 3.PF's,
Mission accomplished.
>>
>>47803581
>Mission accomplished.
But only barely, and only on a technicality.
>>
File: 1449240688799.jpg (74 KB, 471x490) Image search: [Google]
1449240688799.jpg
74 KB, 471x490
>>47803581
>it's not as bad as 3.pf!
What an accomplishment!
Is that 5e's entire mission statement?
>>
>>47803190

Artorias is explicitly stated to basically be the Dark Souls equivalent of Guts.
>>
Give me an example.
>>
>>47803699

>A polearm master battlemaster fighter (Ornstein)
>Dual wielding assassin Rogue (ciaran)
>Giant Bow wielding Champion Fighter (Hawkeye Gouge)
>Oath of the Realm Paladin (Artorias)

Pussy ass wizards need not apply.
>>
>>47803769
can't play as giants
>>
>>47803794

Well he's too big to be a goliath.

Half-giants havn't been brought back in 5th have they?
>>
>>47803610
That is entirely sufficient for marketing purposes.

>>47803622
Yes.
>>
>>47803622
Yes.
>>
>>47803803
They have not. The only playable races are small and medium.
>>
>>47803052
>Probably less if only because it doesn't have a huge stack of nonsensical rules attached to it, just a modest pile of silly guidelines.

God forbid if you actually have to WORK at GMing.
3.x babbies are like children; they don't know how to adjucate, need everything handed to them using rules as written, and generally treat D&D like a CCG rather then a RPG.
>>
>>47802474
>preparing cuisine
I demand a fantasy cooking game filled with the maximum amount of comfy.
>>
>>47804549
when I want that, I'll play one of the hundreds of rules-lite RPGs
not this shit
>>
>>47802941

Maybe here me out here but maybe

This isnt fucking Skyrim or WOW and crafting doesnt matter

Good god I thought all of you fucks that want to sit around crafting 2000 iron daggers to sell for a +2 buttplug from the auction house quit when 4ed died
>>
>>47805195
>crafting
>4e
Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>47802391
Dont think the sarcasm translated well anon
>>
>>47805195
>>47805277

Neither of you do. 4e had crafting rituals, including martial rituals that let them forge weapons that were 'statistically equivalent' to magic weapons (they were fucking magic for all intents and purposes.)

3.X had and has crafting rules out the ass. Whether or not they're good is a different discussion entirely.

5e has 'just make it up as you go lol' which is really everything about 5e.
>>
>>47804524
Firbolg's are in the next supplement I believe.
>>
What's good about 5E:
>It's completely brainless and you can pick it up and run it without ever actually reading the rules, because despite having a 350 page rulebook and 250 page DMG, there aren't actually any rules.

What's bad about 5E:
>Pretty much everything
>>
>>47804629
>2nd Ed
>Rules-lite

Time to go back to middle school anon.
Clearly the Puberty Fairy hasn't come and visited you yet.
When you're older you'll know better.
>>
>>47802391
I really really hope that's sarcasm.
>>
>>47806593
They are, along with a small handful of other monstrous player race options.
>>
>>47806546
God, Martial Practices were so stupid. Most of them served only to push normal skill uses behind another form of advancement. There were only a couple of good ones.
And they didn't even add better ones later, they just sort of belched out the ones in Martial Power 2.

>5e has 'just make it up as you go lol'
5e has crafting rules. You make an amount of GP worth of progress per day (dunno the exact number off the top of my head), with additional crafters linearly multiplying the amount of progress made in a day.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.