[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>GW coming back to Singapore >Opening 3 other stores at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2016-06-16-16-21-16.png (431 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-16-16-21-16.png
431 KB, 1080x1920
>GW coming back to Singapore
>Opening 3 other stores at the same time

Damn, things are looking up. That and the WD announcement, it's been a good week for the hobby.
>>
What WD announcement?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-16-16-27-02.png (406 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-16-16-27-02.png
406 KB, 1080x1920
>>47801815
>>
Huh didint know about the VA short pump one at all. They had one shutter it's doors in stony point a few years ago. Look forward to seeing how this one does.
>>
>>47801815
Following up:

So, after yesterday’s announcement, it seems there are a few questions some of of you are asking. Well, here’s the info…

1. What’s the price of the new White Dwarf?
The cover price of the new 156-page White Dwarf will be:

UK £5.99 | Euro €8 | Poland 30zł | Switzerland 14CHF | Sweden 70kr | Norway 65kr | Denmark 60kr

USA $9 | Canada $12 | Australia $15 | New Zealand $18

Japan ¥1,400 | China ¥60 | Hong Kong HK$82 | Malaysia RM37 | Singapore SG$14

(So, as you can see, the early-bird subscriptions really are a great saving. Check them out at: www.games-workshop.com.)

2. Will there be a digital edition?
Yes, absolutely! More news coming soon. (If you have a current digital subscription which ends after the end of July, then at that time please contact your local customer service team by phone or email and we'll see you right.)

3. Will I be able to get White Dwarf in my local newsagents?
White Dwarf will be available from all Games Workshop and Warhammer stores, independent stockists and – as the old saying goes – the better sort of newsagents everywhere. Ask them to order it.

4. What languages will the new White Dwarf be published in?
English, French and German.
>>
>>47801837
>Investing in a paper magazine in 2016
The sort of ace business decisions we've come to expect from Games Workshop.
>>
>>47801879
There's just no satisfying you is there?
>>
>>47801871
This is not going to be worth 8 Euros/9 Dollars. Hell, WD from ten years ago wouldn't be worth nearly 10 bucks.
>>
>>47801906
Considering inflation, how much did one pay in the US for a WD 10 years ago, and what would it represent now?
>>
Really though for the VA stores why the hell do they keep putting them in yuppified yuppyville? Sure they have money but the one at stony point seemed like a sore on the rich folks ass. Very weary looks from the yup folk as neckbeards of all shapes and sizes left that joint. I think most of them were scared to bring the disposable income having kids in there.
>>
>>47801879
>investing in a tabletop game in the digital era

Wow, it's like they rely on filling a niche for enthusiasts or something.
>>
>>47801887
>paying US$9 for an ad brochure

You find this sort of behaviour satisfying?
>>
>>47801797
Ok. Cool.

Call me when the undo all the other bullshit that GW did the last couple of years and I'll think about coming back to the hoby.
>>
>>47808077
pls come back Anon... We miss your good boy points!
>>
>>47804500

Personally I've been paying for the lore tidbits and will gladly pay $9 for Designer's Notes which are usually among the most interesting articles in WD since it's really the only place outside of events held at Warhammer World that the Design Studio gets to talk about why they did X.

The whole thing about the pilots of Centurions having their arms crossed against their chest comes from a WD where the sculptor was interviewed.
>>
>>47802019

The weekly White Dwarf was very cheap, cheaper than the other magazines you find at the grocery store or newstand.

Given inflation, GW magazine prices aren't overpriced. All other magazines have also gotten quite expensive.

GW's most "overpriced" items, relative to competitors, are FW resin products, HQs, large boxes, tools, and paints. Their small boxes and infantry are on the cheaper side of the market for 28mm heroic non-historical.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.