[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come some people seem to think that Slaanesh is the least
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 16
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 500x475
How come some people seem to think that Slaanesh is the least malign of the Chaos gods because he deals with pleasure?

The pleasure part is kind of a false lable since Slaanesh truly deals in excess and he will turn you into an asshole faster than any of the other three Chaos gods because nothing is ever enough. You can never stop and relax. Every experience has to excell the previous experience or you will feel hollow. Slaanesh compels you to try anything depraved as long as it gives you some kind of kick. Cooking and having your friends for dinner would be right up Slaanesh alley, but where would you go from there? You can only go up, not down. So if you want to keep enjoying the canibalistic dinners you would have to start eating your loved ones and your offspring. Eventually you will have an entire complex with pregnant women designed to give you your own offspring to eat every day of the year. Soon that wont be enough and will start cloning yourself so that you can have a thrilling dinner. Eventually that will grow old as well, because nothing is ever enough.

But I guess all of that is okay because tits?
>>
>How come some people seem to think that Slaanesh is the least malign of the Chaos gods because he deals with pleasure?
I think the current term is 'thirsty'
>>
I like dicks.
>>
>>47800192
>implying there's anything wrong with any of that
>>
>>47800192
Chaosites think their gods are good and they lean to a god that aligns with their personality.
If you're angrrr then you like knorne and fall to khorne.

But a lot of people think with their dicks.
Slaanesh is the only one to remotely touch that.
So they are all for him.
>>
Because you'll have fun in the process of doing increasingly sick shit.
Far better than RAAAAEG KILL MAIM BURN or despairing because you now have a family of zombie squirrels in your decaying fat folds.
>>
>all this is okay because tits
Pretty much.
>>
>>47800269
And right here we have an example.

Man thinks with dick - Slaanesh encourages dick - man is happy.

But if he fucking loved undead squirrels he'd be with Nurgle or if he fucking loved murdering everything, he'd be with Knorne.
>>
Short sighted horny guys who only get as far as "muh dick". They can't think as far ahead as op is talking about or naively think they'll never get desensitised.
>>
It should be noted Slaanesh also likes obsessive perfectionism, so artists and potentially even duellists are favourites of his.

>>47800328
When has there ever been, in fluff, a Khorne-worshipper who's taken pleasure in his murder instead of all-encompassing rage?
>>
>>47800192
I think it has to do with slaanesh simply appearing the least intimidating.

All the other gods are basically a side of warfare and helping you become better at harming others, either through more fightan power, more better spellcastery and deceit or simply getting super good at taking hits, then contaminating all your enemy's supplies by farting over them once.

Slaanesh is sort of the odd one out because whenever you read about his lore he's basically the guy who is most dangerous when he doesn't fight but because he rallies people to his following without ever lifting a weapon. He's an inspirational kind of force that builds on what you love doing and twists it much, much later in the process. Up until then, it's all about you finally getting what you wanted out of life.

In that sense, it feels like you are actually rewarded when you serve Slaanesh as opposed to the other gods where you inevitably have to first do something for them and you may or may not get what you want at the end of the road.
>>
THATS RIGHT! DONT FOLLOW THAT HORRIBLE WENCH THING! F*CK HOW I HATE HIM/HER/IT! FOLLOW THE TRUE PATH TO GLORY! THE PATH OF THE WARRIOR! REAP AND TEAR!
>>
>>47800192
Slaanesh isn't the least malign, if anything that's Nurgle and even then he's pretty fucking evil.

Slaanesh, like Tzeentch and anyone who mains either of the two, is just a little bitch who relies on shitty concepts and being a faggot to be interesting.
>>
This is how I Daemonette.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC6vcScTwXc
>>
File: Beastman Standard Bearer.jpg (81 KB, 500x758) Image search: [Google]
Beastman Standard Bearer.jpg
81 KB, 500x758
>>47800370
Tome of Corruption, WFRP2e, the Rider Red story. The apprentice was very gleeful when he saw his master bleeding out.

I'm sure there's more, that's just the one that popped into my head immediately. Valkia seems to like her job, too, and she's more than a ball of rage.
>>
>>47800370
Perfectionism is a form of excess in itself because the person is striving for something unachivable that could always be improved somehow. So it can never be had and and the strife for perfection never stops. Being a perfectionist is typically not a desirable trait to have if you want to pursuit fulfilment because you can never be happy with what you have.

So Slaanesh is not a path to any kind of fulfilment.
>>
>>47800679

CONFOUND THOSE CHAOS BOYS.

OH HOW I HATE THEM. I HATE KHORNE. I HATE NURGLE. AND I HATE TZEENTCH.
>>
I HATE YOU TOO YOU MISERABLE IMP!
>>
>>47800958
Malal, plz.
>>
>>47800736
Nah, you got it all wrong. The people who are with Nurgle and Khorne are the boring ones with no fantasy. Nurgle is just all about giving in and Khorne is just all about combat. While Slaanesh and Tzeentch is all about actual personality. They are the ones that always develop into the unexpected.

Nurgle and Khorne are just predictable.
>>
>>47800370
>When has there ever been, in fluff, a Khorne-worshipper who's taken pleasure in his murder instead of all-encompassing rage?
Speaking as someone in retail, you have no goddamn idea how fun and attractive it seems to indulge in your fantasies of murdering every goddamn person on the sales floor with the first vaguely sharp object to come to hand. It's rage, yes, but god damn would I be giggling like a school girl.
>>
>>47800370
>When has there ever been, in fluff, a Khorne-worshipper who's taken pleasure in his murder instead of all-encompassing rage?

Tome of Excess says that the satisafction a Khornate feels at the slaughter he does feeds Slaanesh.

You must understand that venting your rage earns you relief and pleasure, right?
>>
>>47800958
AND DEAR, DEVIANT SLAANESH, HOW I LOVE HER

Eldar souls
>>
>>47800192
>But I guess all of that is okay because tits?
Yep, you got it.
>>
>>47801526
He doesnt exist, so shut up about him
>>
>>47800192
Tits, and /tg/ loves girlcock as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 704x908) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 704x908
>>47803429
I noticed that /tg/ loves cock in general.
>>
File: Dick Sucking Lips.jpg (23 KB, 117x296) Image search: [Google]
Dick Sucking Lips.jpg
23 KB, 117x296
>>47803742
>>
File: lolicatsmirk.jpg (29 KB, 482x359) Image search: [Google]
lolicatsmirk.jpg
29 KB, 482x359
>>47803742
>>47803429
It is pretty nice desu
>>
>>47803781
Can't argue with that. What kind of faggot doesn't love cock?
>>
>>47802253
I'm pretty sure that most living things support all of the Chaos gods unwittingly or unwillingly on some level.
>>
Because Slaanesh is a rollercoaster of fun and the extremes of every emotion and experience imaginable. And at the end of it, either through complete burn out or death, you get to become one of Her daemons.

That beats the shit out of the fate you'll have with any other faction in the setting, even if it's still a horrifying one.
>>
>>47804834
That only pans out well for you if you belong to the elite.
>>
>>47804998
Which is the same for any other faction, really. And you can win her favor if you do really fucked up shit in her name and help her grow in power
>>
>>47804834
Orks have more fun.
>>
>>47805092
But I don't wanna be an asshole.
>>
>>47800192
I see your point OP, I just don't see what's bad about it.
>>
>>47800853
YES
THIS MAN GETS IT
THIS MAN GETS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT
>>
Except Slaanesh-worship isn't actually FUN. It's just doing things that you SHOULD find fun and realizing they don't quite hit the spot any more.

It's like, Noise Marines start out as Dimmu Borgir fans, except they get bored and move onto grindcore and progressively less melodic shit until they're chainsawing pigs in half and it's STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH
>>
>>47805958
That's just addiction 101.
>>
>>47805980
It's also Slaanesh as fuck.

Describing following Slaanesh as just 'fun' would be the same as describing Tzeentch worship as 'hopeful' without talking about all the mutation and backstabbery.
Or saying that Nurgle worship offers you immortality, but not mentioning that you live forever as a bloated, rotten husk.
Duality is a major part of Chaos.
>>
>>47806034
Most Chaos worshippers ends up losing their original personality.

Khorne makes you care more about the fight than the reason for it.

Nurgle makes you think you are free from despair and you don't see a problem with spreading the despair to others.

Tzeentch makes you believethat you're in control, but in reality you're just a pawn in his game and you have no freedom of choice.

Slaanesh makes you an asshole that is have no impulse control and dreams become meaningless.
>>
>>47805216
TOO BAD, ANUS TF FOR YOU
>>
I'd say Nurgle is the least malign, he thinks he's helping the natural balance or some shit like that
>>
>>47805888
And here I thought I was the only one on /tg/.
>>
>>47800192
>How come some people seem to think that Slaanesh is the least malign of the Chaos gods because he deals with pleasure?

Literally who thinks that? Only time I've ever seen someone see Slaanesh that way is as a joke.

The only Chaos god I've seen anyone claim is malign is Nurgle because he "genuinely loves" his followers, but that's because people misunderstand the meaning of Nurgle's love.
>>
>>47807262
Nurgle love is tainted love gained via Stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>47800192
I've heard people argue for each of the four Chaos gods being the least bad. And I think that's fine.
>>
>>47807303
That's what I'm saying. Nurgle's love is either that, or that feeling of acceptance you get when you realize that there's nothing you can do about your shit situation. There's a reason why Nurgle is also the god of despair. You love Nurgle and Nurgle loves you because both you and he know that no one else ever will.

But there are people that insist that Nurgle is the nice god. He's not. He's just as bad as the rest, just in a different way.
>>
>>47807357
Yeah, Chaos gods are all about the illusion of freedom.
>>
weird thread, like someone you'd read on the steam forums
>>
File: Illaoi_Relic.png (175 KB, 395x418) Image search: [Google]
Illaoi_Relic.png
175 KB, 395x418
My friend started worshiping Slaanesh a few weeks ago he told me to read about it and join him I read the wiki and while it's a cool idea I don't find him/her appealing so I told him no thanks and jokingly told him I'll stick with Nagakabouros.

He seemed upset
>>
File: ALL PRAISE THE PRINCE OF CHAOS.jpg (67 KB, 397x399) Image search: [Google]
ALL PRAISE THE PRINCE OF CHAOS.jpg
67 KB, 397x399
>>47800192
Slaanesh is arguably the most insidious of the Chaos Gods for that very reason. Everything pleasurable you can do; from sex, to eating, to playing music, and the infinite things I am not listing can feed Slaanesh.

But it isn't simply pleasure; it is excess in all of its forms. Excess of fucking, eating, fighting, anything. Even excessive worship of the Throne-Bound Corpse Faggot can lead to Slaanesh's embrace.

That's one half of the coin. The other is the pursuit of Perfect. This is ultimately an impossible goal, because the beings that make Slaanesh are imperfect and cannot make a perfect being. Slaanesh is imperfect and forever will be. But that isn't the point.

The point of perfection is the pursuit thereof. Always striving to be better regardless of what that is.
>>
>>47800192
Because becoming a drug-addled sensation junkie is probably one of the better end results you can hope for in 40k.
>>
Everyone seems to forget that unless you're born on a daemon world or taken as a slave, indoctrination into Chaos is a progressive thing.
So yes, in that regards, Slaneesh is the most 'fun', as long as we're talking about entry-level stuff. Then everything becomes boring and you're just running after thrills.
>>
>>47800370
Since forever? Kharn fights because he loves the thrill of battle and lives for nothing but it. Slaughter makes his heart sing.
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 469x698) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 469x698
>>47806342
I wonder if there could be a Tzeentch warband that wasn't all about being shifty and having their own agenda.
I mean something like believing that serving in Tzeentch's unending schemes is purpose enough. They would try their best to 'go with the flow' and do whatever they thought they were meant to do along the way. Does that sound dumb? Because I know Tzeentch is expressly powered by ambition and plotting, but I thought a laid-back Tzeentch warband sounded neat.
>>
>>47800192
It's really about to what extent you wish to abstract the concept that the god is attenuated with.

Excess could be taken to mean, in its most general of definitions, more than neccessary, or more than expected, or simply more than. It is implied that it is a relative term, it hinges on the supposition that there is something which is not in excess, too little or just enough etc. Hence, I believe, even if you really strecth out slaanesh's power, she by any reasonable definition cannot have dominion over all of the world, since if everything is in excess, nothing is. However, she, like just as planned god, can arguably call whatever she likes excess, right? There is an excess of war, and excess of death and disease -> get power like khorne and nurgle. An excess of plans -> tzeentch power
>>
>>47810610
I would think of it like Tzeentch is an author and all of Tzeentch worshippers are characters in his story that think they can outsmart the author.
>>
>>47810791
That's why the Chaos gods are so fucking powerful. They thrive on all the unintentional emotions as well. The Imperium being the neurotic mess of a system it has become is basically a victory for the Chaos gods by default. Ever since the Horus Heresy ended, every day has been a thriumph for Chaos and the Imperium just keeps getting more disfunctional with time.
>>
>>47811144
I think there are two arguments with this. One is that chaos is doomed to lose, because by winning they will starve to death. Hence the best they can hope for is perpetual war, which is pretty much what they got except "the end times" are coming spam. However, even if they do thrive on "unintentional emotion" as you put it, there is always the chance the orks win, and they are, for whatever reason, near-completely immune to the effects of chaos, though perhaps feeding khorne forever if they win.
>>
>>47811228
I'm more under the impression that the setting ends when the Imperium ends and the Imperium is probably not gonna triumph over Chaos.
>>
>>47811298
If you want to argue that, which I assume is because there is a human viewpoint, then you might as well argue the setting ends in whatever way that GW will profit the most from.
>>
>>47811343
I'm also under the impression that Chaos is GW's pet BBEG and thst they would probably steal the entire spotlight if the setting came to an end like WHFB did.
>>
>>47811393
Weren't neckbeards complaining on the tau not being grimderp enough? It's like the crying wallets want chaos to win anyway.
>>
File: rgrgrgrgrg.jpg (37 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
rgrgrgrgrg.jpg
37 KB, 520x520
>>47800192
>When people call slaanesh he or she instead of it.
>>
>>47800192

>But I guess all of that is okay because tits?

Well... Yeah. That's about the size of it.

>>47803937

The girl-kind of faggot? You know, like how boys can love boys, but with girls instead of boys?
>>
>>47811475
The setting calls him by gender depending on who you ask. Eldar calls Slaanesh a she because they a secretly gay for Slaanesh.
>>
File: Kaptain Bluddflagg.jpg (2 MB, 3376x3152) Image search: [Google]
Kaptain Bluddflagg.jpg
2 MB, 3376x3152
>>47805212
Orks are like children. Give them Spongebob and let them pull the wings off of flies, and they're happy as can be. But their pleasures are very simplistic and limited compared to the breadth of Slaanesh.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 312x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 312x281
>>47811552
>The girl-kind of faggot? You know, like how boys can love boys, but with girls instead of boys?

That's pretty hot too.
>>
>>47811668
Even if faggot could be taken to not be derogatory term about male homosexuals, and instead be like annoying douchebag or whatever, isn't the term used almost exclusively when referring to males anyways?
also
>implying lesbians are real
>and they don't use strap-on and dildos
the love of cock knows no demographic
>>
File: Through Dick, Unity.png (21 KB, 678x472) Image search: [Google]
Through Dick, Unity.png
21 KB, 678x472
>>47811859

>and they don't use strap-on and dildos

You actually have a good point. Yeah, the love of dick seems truly universal, doesn't it?
>>
>>47812057
>national anthem playing as elf sex slaves march nude in the background

THROUGH DICK

UNITY
N
I
T
Y
>>
>>47809244
Purge your friend
>>
File: Set sail for dick.jpg (25 KB, 201x200) Image search: [Google]
Set sail for dick.jpg
25 KB, 201x200
>>47812078

UNITY
N
I
T
Y
>>
>>47802244

Fuck man, that's accurate.
>>
>>47811859
>Even if faggot could be taken to not be derogatory term about male homosexuals, and instead be like annoying douchebag or whatever

Welcome to 4chan, faggot.
>>
>>47811606
thats why i think orks are the happiest race in WH40K. endless nonending fights for them to take a part in with tons of different enemies they could go up agaisnt (one group even went on a campaign agaisnt chaos wich went quite well).
>>
>>47812536

Faggot in the context of 4chan generally just means the people who are on 4chan, like you, me, OP, and is suffixed with words to refer to specific faggots in general, like mtgfags or pathfinderfags for a shitty example, though other derogatory monickers are not uncommon, and can be used to refer to other groups with or without malice.

Outside of the context of 4chan (most other sites, IRL), it's quite derogatory, but within the context it can be convivial, neutral, apathetic, helpful, or aggressive. It's used in the context of a catch-all pronoun that's interchangeable with "anon(s)" in referring to other 4chan participants and posters. In the 4chan tradition ("there are no girls on the internet"), it directly implies a male gender and casual, abrasive, needless aggression.
>>
>>47813327
4chan: putting the "anal" back in "analysis"
>>
>>47813327
well done
>>
>>47800192
Because it only took three Elves and his own inability to plan ahead to kidnap him and make him spit up the souls he's consumed.

Because he spent his time pouring his energy into trolling the other Chaos Gods without any actual longterm gains other than lulz, such as with his magical cups.

Because he literally gave everything he has to give other than his own Chaos Godhood to a random fucking barbarian, Sigvald, just to create the ultimate self-entitled asshole. For no reason other than to do it.
>>
>>47800328
A good example of a potential follower of Khorne is Adolf Hitler, not because he killed people but because he fought in WW1, one of the worst wars in human history and considered it one of the best times of his life. Sure the followers of Khorne are dysfunctional but when you have been waging war for 10,000 years and have created tens or hundreds of millions of nigh immortal super soldiers who exist only for war in addition to trillions of regiments from planets where all existence revolves around warfare it is easy to see how people who enjoy warfare are so common. After all social selection would probably favour people like Hitler, who enjoy war and are unlikely to be broken by the rigors of warfare. After all it is easier for someone not suffering from PTSD to have children and raise them making them more likely to end up like the man who enjoys war himself.

tl;dr Cadia, Catachan, and Krieg are full of Hitlers.
>>
>>47813327
Hit the nail on the head, while exceptions exist fag pretty much just means guy. A namefag and tripfag are a guy with a name and a guy using a tripcode, a drawfag draws stuff, a writefag writes stuff, etc. OP is a fag is really more an exception than a rule.
>>
File: [Waggles Eyebrows].gif (922 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
[Waggles Eyebrows].gif
922 KB, 400x225
>>47814160
>>
>>47800192
When has anyone ever thought that? Slaaneshis are the most predisposed toward torture - Khorne will just kill you, Tzeentch will follow his plan, and Nurgle will try to hug you and tell you everything is going to be okay and never mind that footlong maggoty grub chewing through your belly button, but Slaanesh will torture just for shits and giggles.
>>
>>47812057
Japan knows what up.
>>
>>47813327
My favourite part of this is that faggot is a politicaly correct term within 4chan.
>>
>>47800192
this is why i like chaos undivided.

You chill with tzeentch-boys , discussing philosophy and magic and shit.

then you work out with the khorne-guys.

Then you party with slaneeshis.

and chill with nurglites.

its a good life.
>>
>>47817813
Yeah, but for some reason people have a kneejerk against undivided and will call you boring for liking it.
>>
>>47820574
Well yes that's because while undivided is the safest option, it's also the least cool in that you get nothing out of it unless you are someone like Archaon or Horus who manage to impress the chaos gods so much they get everything, but without the risk because you can bet your ass every god is watching the others to make sure they aren't fucking over their champ.
>>
File: 1444616904934.jpg (137 KB, 500x661) Image search: [Google]
1444616904934.jpg
137 KB, 500x661
>>47800192
Which is why you should server the emperor, he never asks for more and more, he only wants your best.
>>
File: 1282770.png (434 KB, 900x857) Image search: [Google]
1282770.png
434 KB, 900x857
>>47811606
>But their pleasures are very simplistic and limited
And that's why Orks is the best. They don't need your fancy orgies and raves, they just need a weapon and something to kill
It's the simple things man
>>
>>47809244
Then move as your god demands and teach him a hard lesson. That is what life is all about.
>>
>>47823204
Because the Emperor is a huge nerd.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.