[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DAWN OF WAR 3 Gameplay Demo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1462290906081.jpg (60 KB, 673x696) Image search: [Google]
1462290906081.jpg
60 KB, 673x696
https://youtu.be/k7JNTfrK3Yk
>>
>>47798405
I still think it would have been better off with point buy armies.
>>
>>47798405
>Inb4 It's shit my nostalgic fueled fallacies about DoW 1 have never been wrong
I for once will wait more info beyond this demo, perhaps they'll make it less colourful when released but it's not a deal breaker, it could get a lot better at release.
>>
>>47798405
not grimdark enough.

i will wait 10 years until all the faction DLCs are out and in steam sale.
>>
>>47798405
Hmm, I'm slightly more confidant now having had the gameplay explained a bit more, but I don't like that fact that it seems that they've kept the "all factions have the same types of units with the heroes being the only differences." which was one of the biggest problems I had with DoW2.
>>
This asshole preferred DoW2 to the original.
>>
Bump for the Bump gods !
>>
>>47798405
Another day another shill thread. Id make a collage of screens from 1, 2 and 3 to prove what a flop 3 is going to be visually, but youd be back tomorrow anyway.

Why are you hyped to watch a vomit of coloured lasers and space marine captains that can use their hammers to fly like Thor?
>>
>>47799883
>>>/v/
>>
After what Relic did with CoH2 I'll just wait at least a year(maybe more depending on how many and how fast they are releasing DLCs).

I really want a new DoW game but the art style and a terminator(no matter which character it is) jumping around and doing backflips and shit in mid air really really really turns me off.
>>
>>47800063

I want to add that Angelos even flips the hammerw hile in mid air. This is just too much for me.
>>
Looks like it's just gonna boil down to whoever gets their superunit in first and curbstomps the rest. Arms races arent fun unless its TA/SupComm, and only then because there's a dozen of them roaming around curbstomping each other.
>>
Fuck me, is this implying that there is no customization in the campaign?
So you've got 3 OP, non customizable heroes with mostly AoE abilitties and a few non-hero units that 100% are rock-paper-scissors and only effective in big numbers. There is also no builder units and supposedly no listening posts and turrets. Also cover is now void shields for some reason.
You've also got the meh artstyle and horrible animu animations.

They took the worst parts of DoW 1&2, made them even worse and then created a MOBA out of them.
>>
>>47798405
The video was nice, but I had to mute it. That combination of shill and motormouth is unbearable.
>>
File: Riptidesvsimperials.jpg (443 KB, 1329x617) Image search: [Google]
Riptidesvsimperials.jpg
443 KB, 1329x617
>>47800063
>After what Relic did with CoH2 I'll just wait at least a year

Honestly, I feel bad for them.
Relic is not a studio that shit outs sequels for retarded fans and only really does those when forced into it (HW2 - shit direct sequel because they missed the mark with IC, CoH2 - shit direct sequel because THQ was going under).

CoH2 was a product of that and it shows.
However, these guys ended up with SEGA, a company that loves shitting out direct sequels of milked franchises, be it Total War, Sonic, or any other of their successful IPs.

I am hopeful since this does look like what they used to talk about with marrying DoW1 and DoW2 but it's still SEGA that foots the bill in the end.
>>
File: Okay, That Does It.gif (925 KB, 370x208) Image search: [Google]
Okay, That Does It.gif
925 KB, 370x208
>>47798405
>Lascannons are continuous beams, and suck against infantry.
What the hell?
>>
>>47801250

Talking about taking best aspects of first 2 games and making a 3rd sounds really nice but we need more information, at least I do before getting on board or going full butthurt mode.

But Im really not worried about SEGA part after playing Total War Warhammer. It felt like they let CA do what they want at least for the most part.

>>47801259

Yeah I thought they were meltas until I looked really careful.
>>
>>47801714
>It felt like they let CA do what they want at least for the most part.

Yeah, especially with the massive PR fiasco that was the WoC pre-order, right?
SEGA are not really an honorable publisher.
>>
>>47801259

Yeah it makes no sense.

Lascannons have ALWAYS been a ww2-style anti-tank gun except firing a laser. The reason why you don't point them at infantry in the tabletop is that they only pick off one guy at a time when twenty of them are coming at you, because they're not automatic.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.