[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tl;dr recommend me fun board games for Tabletop Simulator that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
tl;dr recommend me fun board games for Tabletop Simulator that are easy to get into for a party of 4 to 6

I acquired Tabletop Simulator on Steam a while ago and so far it has been a blast. Me and my friends have clocked near 60 hours into it playing basic stuff like Cards Against Humanity, Superfight and Munchkin

Those games are kind of losing their appeal, though, and it's probably because they aren't the deepest games out there. We have no experience with board games ourselves, so I decided to ask for suggestions: what games you guys would recommend that is easy to get into? We are open to all kinds of themes or setups, though something like Superfight's Villain Mode (where it's everyone vs one person) is one of our favorite setups
>>
>>47796505
I suggest URealms.
http://live.urealms.com/
>>
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective is simple and fun for friends to play. Set aside 2-3 hours and really just dig deep into it. Only the first 2 cases are in the workshop, but I'm planning on getting the rest on there soon.
Battlecon is fantastic but only truly supports 2 at a time, you can go higher but it's not really well designed for that.
Betrayal at House on the Hill is not too serious or deep but always generates a good story.
Dixit and Mysterium are fun and light.
Love Letter and Skull should be thrown into your rotation of light games, as they take no more than 15 minutes.

When you want to get into something a bit more heavier, try these:
Chaos in the Old World. It's a longer strategy game for 4 or 5 people (don't play it with fewer than 4) that is fairly deep.
Dead of Winter is a co-op with potential betrayer and a zombie theme.
Tragedy Looper is my favorite board game, and it's a 3v1 strategy game where
Time Stories is a great time, similar to Sherlock it can only be played a few times though, and only the first 2 cases are on the workshop.
Try the usual gamut of Euro games: Catan, Race for the Galaxy, Splendor, Carcassonne, that Railroad game that I can't remember the name of. If you discover you enjoy Euro games and want something heavier, try Dominant Species.

You should just come to the Board Game General threads and browse around to see any games that catch your eye, since many are in the workshop.
>>
>>47797054
That's quite a list, thank you very much, I'll check those out

Also, thanks for also listing bigger games. We usually play a few rounds of whatever game we have in hand after classes, but we could use something for weekends

I'll check the general out, too. Board games outside of the usual stuff such as Monopoly, Risk etc didn't really catch up in my third world country so I'm really new to this area

>>47797022
I'm not sure I got the concept. Do we play along a stream or something?
>>
>>47797221
No it's just the system they created, go under "about" to see the "cars" link to see an idea of it. And I think the actual game/cards/rules are on tabletop already for you to use.
>>
If you have enough people for it (6 seems to be the rumored lowest number to be fun), Secret Hitler is a good time as long as your group is down for it.
>>
>>47797641
Secret Hitler seems really popular, there are tons of versions in the workshop (Secret Dio caught my attention on the front page right now)

We don't run with 6 people that often, but I guess it's worth a try. Could you tell me what it's about?
>>
>>47797663
Sure. If you're familiar with Mafia or Town of Salem, or The Resistance; etc, it's like that. ("But better" according to people who've played both.)

Players are dealt two secret cards - a party card and a role card. Most of the players at the table will be on the Liberal party. A few of the players will be on the Facist party. One of the Facists will be Hitler. Only the Facists know who each other are and Hitler doesn't know who anyone at the table is.

Thus starts a game of trying to pass policies that benefit your party. The Liberals win if they either pass the appropriate number of Liberal policies or kill Hitler. The Facists win if they either pass enough Facist policies or have Hitler elected Chancellor.

If you want to see it in action, search for "Secret Hitler Sundays". TotalBiscuit and his friends did some great games of it via Tabletop Simulator, so it'll be directly applicable to how you play.
>>
Red Dragon Inn is pretty fun.
Another is good ol' Texas Hold'em.
>>
>>47796505
>Tabletop Simulator
>Fun
>60 hours of absolute shite
>Fun

Good godamn christ.
>>
>>47797767
I just finished watching one of TB's sessions and that looks pretty fun, I'll definitely try that when we have enough people

>>47797855
Red Dragon Inn was on the front page a while ago, I need to check that

>>47798912
What's the problem with tabletop simulator?
>>
>>47798967
>What's the problem with tabletop simulator?

Gimmicky rubbish with shoddy controls that fails to surpass current online board game renditions and falls behind them in most cases. When your most prominent feature is "look you can flip the table" and your main playable catalogue is lolsorandumb garbage, you've got a crap product on your hands. I would even touch it if it was free but paying money for it? Hah, one born every minute.
>>
>>47799070
The reason why it's doing so well is that once you've got your group(s) that own Tabletop Simulator, it's much easier to talk them into playing a new game as opposed to saying, "Okay, you guys up to try [new game that you have to purchase separately]?"

It does look fiddly, but as a way for a boardgaming group to get together and mix things up, there's nothing better on the market.
>>
>>47798967
Depending on what episode you watched, I should mention that they had some of the rules wrong the first few games. Not game-breaking wrong, just little things, mostly.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.