[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mythras Imperative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: Mythras Imperative Lite.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Mythras Imperative Lite.pdf
1 B, 486x500
The RuneQuest 6 guys put out their free off of Mythras with the core releasing Julyish. Looking through it they were not kidding about the formatting. The free document is now down to 34 pages (previously 203 pages) making it very much a lightweight game without a lot of detail.

I like the new layout a lot, it's a much better rules reference now and the new character sheet is an improvement. I think I might pick up the full core book instead of relying on my RQ6 book.
>>
>>47790981
What's going on with Runequest IP? I read in another thread that Chaosium is releasing their own 7e? It seems like 6e just came out and was barely supported.
>>
>>47791292
6e came out in 2012, has an active community, 4-5 setting books, 4-5 supplements, a few adventures, a combat effect app for android, and gets continued support as Mythras. That's not bad.

Chaosim took the license back for 7e and then announced they are making it a reprint of 2e. And that's after they flat reprinted 2e.
>>
>>47792327
Huh. Then there's the Heroquest line... I guess I don't understand why the owners of the IP (whoever they are?) are licensing it out to competing publishers. Seems crazy for such a niche product.

I'm reading through Mythras light and it appears to cover futuristic combat and skills appropriate to a scifi setting. I didn't realize they were going in that direction.
>>
File: RQ Star Wars.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
RQ Star Wars.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47792942
Well...

And they seem to want to make something out of their Arkwright-license.
>>
>>47793433
Oh god is this even any good
>>
File: 1422231448448.png (120 KB, 649x610) Image search: [Google]
1422231448448.png
120 KB, 649x610
>>47792327
They're basing RQ7 on the RQ2-core, not copying it. There is a slight difference..
>>
File: 1404670875239.jpg (76 KB, 500x392) Image search: [Google]
1404670875239.jpg
76 KB, 500x392
>>47793451
The hack specifically mentions that it is not meant not cover the prequels. That alone makes it decent.
>>
File: Classic Fantasy Preview.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Classic Fantasy Preview.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47790981
It is also as close to an OGL as we're likely to see from TDM. So that could be interesting.
>>
>>47793451
It's great. I played it for 6-7 months before switching to FFG and suffer the disappointment.
>>
>>47793905
Classic Fantasy is on my shopping list. I'm going to get it when I get Mythras.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.