[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not!Slav Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
Last time we discussed russian folklore and came to a conclusion that it is NOT a grimdark, depressing low fantasy setting.

Doesn't matter. I'm making a fantasy NobleDark world and I'm in search for ideas.

So far we have three nations:
Tzar land. Very religous, ruled by a tsar.

Red land. More liberal, inspired by Comunism. Lke to wear red. Have cossacs. Leader is elected by warchiefs.

Suka land. Land of people wearing stripped clothes. Most of the area are swamps. People like to squat. Ruled by various Knjazi.

Religions/magic:
2 religions (Old Faith and the New Faith). Following the New Faith can turn you into a saint, a fast way to power, you get stronger and tougher, the price is only your soul. The Church are the good guys, nothing bad could happen to your soul, right? Ah not healing, I'm tired of priests having heal skill. Wounds must hurt.

Old Faith, pagan gods. A longer path that allows a greater understanding of nature. Gods does not interact anymore with the world and are probably dead gone. Allows turning into a werewolf, speaking with animals and other druidic like powers.

Most of folklore creatures are spirits. Most of those are tied to a specific loci, and thus rarely try to expand theire territory, take interest in surronding things. One of the rare expections is the Undead Wave.

The Undead Wave: If you are drown in a lke or a river you turn into a rusalka, and are under the command of the river god/spirit. Most of rusalkas just go around being beautiful and collecting flowers. (They appear as beaitful traslucent huamns with white or green hairs, not rotting corpses). But once the spirit of the biggest river on the continent got tired of human bullshit gave weapons to his rusalkas and set them to raid villages to capture and drown peole in order to make more rusalkas. Then he declared war to the Tsar land, and only the combined effort of Tsar land and Red land stopped him.

What do you think? Anyone want to make this a /tg/ setting?
>>
For races I think we will have humans. Spirits (no one is sure how they are born, see Kami from Mushishi or Kekkaishi) and Undead.

Undead have various forms, and various level of intelligence. Most are harmful and are extermniated on sight but some as rusalkas mentioned above can be used by cunning minds.

I also wanted to put back the power of the songs as in Tolkien works. Good singer can work powerful magic with the right intsrument and the right moment. Put people to sleep create illusions. Other powers singing can have?

I immagien icons have powerful magic proprieties. Any idea on what kind of power do they posses?
>>
File: 500px-Eno_vaakuna_svg.png (74 KB, 500x583) Image search: [Google]
500px-Eno_vaakuna_svg.png
74 KB, 500x583
>>47787600
>Most of the area are swamps. People like to squat.
Hard to squat in swamp, bratny. Need hard surface, concrete-like, to do justice to squat legend.

>plox add crazed finns
>>
>>47788031
They Squat on tree branches, while running arrows on the swamp invaders from above.
>>
File: a0c2b8.jpg (237 KB, 570x787) Image search: [Google]
a0c2b8.jpg
237 KB, 570x787
>>47788031
>crazed finns
I know very littl eabou tthem. Tell me more and I will add them..

>The beaver with the axe is awesome.
>>
>>47787600

Novgorod-style Boyar/Merchant Republic?
Heavily pagan duchies to the east, ala Lithuania and Muscovy?
>>
File: IMG_20160615_143126389.jpg (6 MB, 5344x3006) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160615_143126389.jpg
6 MB, 5344x3006
Here's some pictures from one of my favorite kid story's , my Opa would read this to me when I was little, always loved the freaky pictures of Louhi the mistress of the north
>>
>>47787600
>inspired by communism
>have cossacks

Did you know communists murdered cossacks left and right?
>>
>>47788031
they squat because no indoor plumbing system, is OP's magical realm
>>
>>47788487
>Heavily pagan duchies to the east, ala Lithuania and Muscovy?
I think they will be incorporate in the swamp/ post sovietic degradation land.

>>47790230
Yes, and?
>>
As for monsters
Genetics zana= elf fairies(Romania) ved= yeti (Croatia) Vták Ohnivák = Phoenix (Slovakia) Zmaj = Metallic Dragon (Serbia) Giants(Poland, Czech ) Golems (Poland)

Specific Vampires, Hags, lichés, Sack men, Bugbears, Domovye,
>>
>>47789031
Holy shit what is that book? I used to read it as a kid as well.
>>
>>47795265
the Enchanted World (a whole series). Totally awesome.
>>
File: IMG_20160615_143107693.jpg (6 MB, 5344x3006) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160615_143107693.jpg
6 MB, 5344x3006
>>47795265
It is Legend of the north mill, good story
>>
File: IMG_20160615_143136803.jpg (3 MB, 5344x3006) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160615_143136803.jpg
3 MB, 5344x3006
Good story
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.