[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So after reading todays story are you team Sorin or team Nahiri?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23
File: Sorinvsnahiri.jpg (284 KB, 1229x636) Image search: [Google]
Sorinvsnahiri.jpg
284 KB, 1229x636
So after reading todays story are you team Sorin or team Nahiri?
>>
>>47787452
Team sorin for evah
Avacyn must be Revenged
>>
>>47787452
Team Weremilf
>>
Team sorin here!
>>
Team nahiri. Spring is a fucking vampire whose antics have drained the blood from hundreds of thousands of people due to him being the head of a massive clan of bloodsucking vampires.
>>
>>47787452
I'm team Norn
>>
Nahiri is my waifu!
>>
>>47787941
U waifu a shit
>>
>>47787718
Team Sheoldred!
>>
Literally only white people
>>
>>47788684

Team Good-Bad White Person, or Team Bad-Good White Person?
>>
File: tumblr_o41gc3ITd21u6mclko1_1280.jpg (100 KB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o41gc3ITd21u6mclko1_1280.jpg
100 KB, 600x706
Team Nahiri
>>
>>47788684
Problematic desu senpai.
>>
>>47788684
Hey, they're multicolored.
>>
I'm on team magic creative is too hamfisted for either side to be especially compelling.

the story did give nahiri some much needed justification so she's not just a raging turbo bitch, but this is going to end dumb, at best. my money's on tragically dumb though.
>>
File: 1345126101682.gif (375 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1345126101682.gif
375 KB, 400x300
>>47788235
>he supports a corpse
>>
Look at you faggots pretending MtG fluff matters. It's not even going to affect your card choices.
>>
>>47787452
What's the tldr. Or have they drastically improved the writing since BFZ?
>>
>>47789462
>millions of years ago the eldrazi got uncomfortable and nahiri was like "oh shit, ugin, sorin, shit's popping off!"
>but then it wasn't that bad so she fixed it herself
>she goes looking for sorin because wtf dude
>she finds him and he's all arrogant and condescending, like he does
>she tries to kick his ass, almost does because he just finished popping out his angel butt baby
>but then angel buttbaby saves him
>he jams nahiri in the helvault
>she thought he was a dick and needed to be shown that he's not king big nuts of the universe
>he thought she was going to plaster his face across his new shiny silver doom hole
>after helvault broke she went to zendikar
>shit had popped off, for extra reals
>hedron network's borked, ugin's MIA, sorin's a dick
>she decides that means zendikar is already dead, because what is the jacetice league?
>decides she's going to fuck innistrad just as bad as sorin fucked zendikar when he trapped her for like a thousand years
>>
>>47787452
Hatefuck Nahiri

Team Sorin
>>
>>47789552

>Sorin-senpai didn't come to rescue me when the Eldrazi almost broke loose
>Sorin-senpai didn't fall for my tsundere shenanigans when I called him out on it
>Sorin-senpai trapped me inside the Helvault because I was being a bitch
>When the Helvault got destroyed I wen back to Zendikar and Saw Ulamog raping shit
>I got so mad that I decided to destroy Innistrad instead of saving my own plane, letting the Jacetice League to do it on their own.
>>
>>47789419
I feel like they're alright as long as they're not writing Gatewatch. Tamiyo is alright. Nahiri and Sorin are whitesplash so their characters are accentuated by autistic single mindedness. Just don't be too New Walker and you should have some character it seems.
>>
I just want it to be Emrakul so I can be deeply disappointed in Wizards and get on with my life. I feel bad thinking so little of anyone, but it's so goddamn obvious that there's really nothing else it could be.

I just want to be done with Blue's Clues "WHO COULD BE RUINING THE PLANE?" "EMRAKUL!" "That's right, it's a mystery!" "IT'S EMRAKUL!" "Let's go solve the mystery, kids!" "EM. RA. KUL!!"
>>
>>47789744
>Sorin-senpai didn't fall for my tsundere shenanigans when I called him out on it
it's strobgly implied that he thought her attempts to put him in hisnplace was a legit attempt on his life. if anything she was too tsundere.
>I got so mad that I decided to destroy Innistrad instead of saving my own plane, letting the Jacetice League to do it on their own.
she didn't think the eldrazi could be destroyed due to a mix of naivitè and misinformation from ugin, and she rattles off all the reasons why she couldn't possibly reseal the eldrazi.
maybe if she had any experience being a newalker, or Ugin hadn't at that moment been in his time paradox cocoon, or if her last interaction with sorin hadn't been "stfu bitch" or if she weren't thousands of years out of touch with everything this would have been a less reasonable reaction, but she was alone against forces well beyond one walker's ability to deal with and didn't even have a concept of what a walker's abilities were anymore. also she was at least a little mindbroken, let's be honest here.
>>
>>47787487
sesu dempai
>>
>>47789775
they're better at writing characters, certainly (except nissa, can't write her consistently twice in a row) but their storylines could really use more finesse.
>>
Can we please take a moment and be amazed that the kor are so utterly stagnant as a culture that their language is at most dialectally changed after thousands of fucking years, the god names are the same, and even fashion is the fucking same? THOUSANDS OF YEARS. Nothing changing. Even by fantasy standards, that's fucking impressive.
>>
>>47789906
the gods names nahiri only new because she saw them after her dirt nap. the language and fashion have apparently not changed significantly for millions of years.
>>
>>47789894
Well, one can only hope they'll dedicate a bigger budget to the story next time. This ain't yo daddy's Kamigawa I'm afraid.
>>
>>47789906
If it's not broke, don't fix it.
>>
>>47789951
That's dumb, you're dumb.
>>
>>47789906
I guess when you're a global nomadic race you need the common tongue to change as little as possible for ease of communication? I'd attempt to make an argument that linguistic evolution is tied to culture which evolves faster in settlements and cities but I'm not an anthropologist.
>>
>>47789986
Also the language could have changed but walkers have translation powers built in.
>>
>>47789951
That's not how language works. That's not how culture works. That's especially not how fashion works. Two thousand years ago on IVChan, you'd be wearing a robe or a skirt and probably speaking some form of Latin dialect, and think pants and shoes are for grody German barbarians. So Nahiri speaking the same language, let alone being in fashion, is absurd.
>>
>>47789867

The problem was that Nahiri realized that Sorin, after all of this shit she has done and all of the power she has amassed, still saw her as a lesser being and didn't have any respect for her at all.

She looked up to him as a mentor, so finding out how little regard he had for her was just generally sort of hurtful in general. But more important than that is that as long as Sorin doesn't respect her she can't get him to DO shit. Like, for example, actually picking up the phone when she hits the 'Eldrazi alert' button.

So she think that the only way to MAKE Sorin respect her is to beat him in a duel, not realizing that Sorin is feeling especially vulnerable at that point because he just blew his mana making the Helvault/Avacyn and he is legit worried that she might destroy him then and there.

She wasn't totally wrong that Sorin was being a fucktard and needed a reality check, but she came on too strong and Sorin went immediately from 'not worth my time' to 'OH SHIT AVACYN HELP' with no middle ground. And then he locked her in the Helvault for a thousand years.

If Sorin had just let Nahiri cool her heels in the Helvault for a decade or so and then let her out after he had regained his strength, things probably could have been salvaged between them. But the problem was that not only did her lock her up and throw away the key, not only did she only escape because the Helvault was destroyed (if Sorin had let her out willingly it would have been a much different story) but the fact that she was imprisoned lead to the Eldrazi being released and Zendikar being fucked beyond any hope of her being able to fix the situation.

Nahiri pushed too hard, but Sorin is the only who let his arrogance and indifference negate any chance of a peaceful interaction. All he had to do was apologize for missing that phone call, or agree to make a token visit to Zendikar, or bring Nahiri out of time-out early. He did none of these things, and turned Nahiri into an enemy.
>>
>>47790020
>That's not how culture works
http://www.pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti%20from%20Pompeii.htm
Some things never change though.
>>
>>47790033
>Sorin, after all of this shit she has done and all of the power she has amassed, still saw her as a lesser being and didn't have any respect for her at all.
He's a fucking vampire, they're worse than cats. Being stink eyed and disrespected as a lesser being despite years of friendship and the power to wreck their shit is just the cost of doing business with such creatures.
>>
>>47790033

Nahiri apologists are the worst.
>>
>>47790131
Amen

At least Sorinfags admit he's an autistic asshole.
>>
>>47790033
tou're assuming sorin had a key to the helvault. he built it as a prison for planar threats, he probably didn't have a way to open it. one might assume avacyn wouldn't have gotten stuck in it if that were the case. he probably locked nahiri up as a desperate way to get her off his face and that was that. it wasn't time out, it was his last recourse when she wouldn't just leave.
>>
>>47790131

I'm just looking at the situation and the ways it could have been avoided.

The only thing Nahiri could have done to keep the situation from escalating would be to not start it at all, go home and resolve the rest of her existence to a neverending without help or even thanks from anyone else because she got duped thousands of years ago into protecting the multiverse by a couple assholes.

By the time that Avacyn gets involved in the fight, its already too late for Nahiri to back down because Sorin started considering her a legitimate threat to his life. The only thing he is willing to tolerate are 'allies' that he can kill effortlessly should the need arise. Not equals.

Sorin had many more opportunities to prevent the situation from getting worse than Nahiri did, first by provoking her in the first place and then by continuing to escalate the conflict out of pride.

Both are at fault, but Sorin is more at fault than Nahiri is. He didn't even bother to install additional safety measures on Zendikar after taking Nahiri out of the game, which is the height of foolishness since there was no longer anyone there to act as a watchdog.
>>
>>47790065
ROMA
O
M
A
>>
>>47790131
Avafags are worse
>>
>>47790234
>Sorin is more at fault
Fucking die
>>
>>47790234
>Sorin is more at fault than Nahiri
>Nahiri is trying to take revenge on a plane of entire innocent people by proxy instead of going for Sorin himself

Sorin may be at fault for the situation and all that, but for the current state of things, I think Nahiri has fallen so far into the "At fault" pit that Gix just saw her fly down past him.
>>
>>47790234
>The only thing he is willing to tolerate are 'allies' that he can kill effortlessly should the need arise. Not equals.
this does not seem to describe his relationship with Ugin, especially after the dragon told him off like a truant child on tarkir. had nahiri not gotten avacyned or vaulted she probably could have earned his respect and settled things just as she expected.

really it's all avacyn's fault.
>>
>>47790286

Sorin tricked her into dedicating the rest of her existence into making sure her home plane doesn't explode into Eldrazi for the sake the multiverse, broke his promise to help if things got bad, sealed her in what is basically a sensory deprivation chamber for a thousand sanity-eroding years, and in doing so undid her life's work and doomed her home plane and all its people to annihilation. All for what amounts to pride and valuing Innistrad above all else.

Is destroying Innistrad going overboard? Perhaps. But given that shitlist, what would a measured response have been? Just destroying Avacyn doesn't make up for the loss of an entire plane and 6000 years of Nahiri's life.
>>
>>47790325
I think Avacyn reacted appropriately for seeing someone trying to off her dad.
>>
>>47790352
>going overboard? Perhaps
>Killing, hurting, and driving to madness a very, very alrge number of innocent people
>Who had nothing to do with this
>Because "BAAAW, MY PLANE IS GONE AND THIS VAMPIRE IS MEAN"

I dunno.

Buck up. Stop being a pathetic, whining baby.

Take revenge on the person who actually did something to you.

Don't treat entire planes full of people as revenge by proxy tools.

Don't be a huge, cowardly psychopath.

Fuck, make your own Helvault, stuff Sorin in it.
>>
> Nahiri is responsible for the Angels going crazy and forcing Sorin to destroy Avacyn
> /tg/ spends multiple threads talking about how satisfying it is going to be for Sorin to murderkill Nahiri in revenge

> Sorin is responsible for locking up Nahiri for a thousand years, the release of the Eldrazi, and the destruction of Zendikar
> Nahiri is supposed to just keep a stiff upper lip and do absolutely nothing at all to seek justice

Double standard much, guys?
>>
>>47788684
That's because Tamiyo and koth don't start $h!+
>>
>>47790457
>Sorin responsible for the release of the Eldrazi and the destruction of Zendikar
Wanna run that one by me again, m8?
>>
>>47790457
I don't see how attempted planecide is justice, seeing as the vast, vast majority of people on innistrad had nothing to do with this.
>>
>>47790457
Pretty sure a retarded elf caused the release of Eldrazi, senpai.
>>
>>47790511

He took Nahiri, the lynchpin of the system whose job it was to fix things if the Hedron network ever started to fail, out of play. If he had not put Nahiri in the Helvault, the Eldrazi would not have been able to be released, and even if they were she was able to put them back in the box as long as the Eye of Ugin was intact.

The Eye of Ugin which was, as it happens, destroyed as a result of Sorin being a secret-keeping untrustworthy fucktard again a thousand years later instead of just telling Nissa what was really going on.

Sorin has had more direct impact on the release of the Eldrazi than even Nicol Bolas. And that's saying something.
>>
File: MTG waifu chart.png (5 MB, 1576x4516) Image search: [Google]
MTG waifu chart.png
5 MB, 1576x4516
>>47787452
I'm team "Wtf Sorin and calm your shit Nahiri"
>>
>>47788684
Fictional white people
>>
>>47790605

To put it in terms that /tg/ will understand, Sorin is an Eldar. He has the power and tools to easily keep these problems from becoming problems, but every situation he is involved in becomes worse and eventually spirals out of control into the worst possible outcome as a result of his cryptic secret clubhouse bullshit, pride, and arrogance.
>>
>>47789894
Nissa's super-consistent. It's literally just 'oh' and 'muh ashaya'
>>
I'm on neither team. The story between them has been absolutely retarded.

Also actually fuck everyone who still whines about Avacyn dying. She was just a fucking magical robot with actually no personality, her dying means fucking nothing. You only cared of her because of your shitty weeaboo waifu tendencies.
>>
>>47790283
Chandere plz go
>>
>>47787718
NORNIES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47790219
Even if he did, why would he think she's not still full batshit?
>>
>>47790723
Stop being so fucking tasteful and making sense, you'll put WotC out of business.
>>
I've actually read the thing
Sorin is an asshole
Nahiri is an irrational bitch
Going with team asshole
>>
>>47790381
As far as she knows, Sorin still has all his power still.
>>
>>47790381
These are oldwalkers. They see planes as little more than property of individual planeswalkers and any inhabitants are unimportant collateral.

He's partially responsible for Zendikar, so she's going to be responsible for Innistrad. That's a 1:1 trade in her eyes and you can bet your ass that Sorin would do the same thing in the same situation.
>>
>>47789419
Could someone sum up this conflict?

Also is Team Emrakul still an option?
>>
>sitcom tier lack of communication skills with world-altering stakes is good storytelling.
who's paying wotc creative and why haven't they stopped yet?
>>
Team Nahiri.

Sorin is a cunt but that's to be expected with him being fucking black.

Nahiri is an impulsive cunt too but her reasoning for being pissed at Sorin is justified.

Both of them are stupid though and just make things worse.
>>
>>47789836
>Could have been Merit Lage, that would have been alright

The story has been so fucking boring lately that I pretty much try to ignore the lore at this point. Only characters I pay attention to are Jace and my husbando Ajani.
>>
>>47790944
>Sorin is a cunt but that's to be expected with him being fucking black.
Das wacist!
>>
>>47789419
>did give nahiri some much needed justification so she's not just a raging turbo bitch,
really? The moment she attacked, she became a raging turbo bitch to me
>>
>>47790912
see
>>47789552
even shorter version
>nahiri thinks sorin is a pompous ass who duped her for millenia, imprisoned her for a thousand years and left her home plane to die. she's like 50% right.
>sorin thinks nahiri wants him dead. originally he was way off base and just needed to be less of a pompous ass, but now he's 100% right
>>
>>47790033
>He offers Nahiri to go later
>He offers Nahiri the chance to planeswalk away to zendikar again

A millenia-old-vampire offered 2 times a chance to solve things, but at the third time she was lucky of not being vindicated straight up in the ass
>>
>person 1 was an incomprehensibly huge asshole to person 2
>person 1 wants to commit planecide in revenge
I'm down with whoever beats some sense into the two of them.
>>
>>47790696
And amber pools, don't forget amber pools
>>
>>47790960
the reasoning for her initial attack make sense and areprobably correct. sorin doesn't respect much of anything, especially if he thinks he's more powerful than they are. had nahiri beaten him into submission without avacyn's interference he probably would have begrudgingly agreed to go to zendikar and once it became apparent that nahiri didn't want him dead he probably would have at least stopped condescending to her.
>>
>>47791023
>>person 2 wants to commit planecide in revenge
Fix'd. Why is there even a timer on post deletion, anyway?
>>
>>47790911
And? I t does not make nahiri any more in the right because "genocide is her culture!". Even if Sorin would, the big difference is he isn't. She is.
>>
>>47791039

Same reason there is a timer on post creation. Its a limit on how frequently the user can force database calls for the site, a protective measure against people using attack bots to force the site to burn through resources and crash.

Its occasionally inconvenient, but the alternative would be a more vulnerable website.
>>
>>47791023
Get ready for bestgirl Jace :^)
>>
>>47791071
>I'm down with whoever beats some sense into the two of them, as long as it isn't Jace
Fix'd.
>>
>>47790960

Remember what Lilianna said about her run-in with Sorin? After she first came to Innistrad, Sorin dropped in on hurt and engaged her in magic fight to test her power before reaching the conclusion that she was not enough of a threat that he needed to kill her.

Magical duels purely to establish pecking order is just how oldwalkers do business. Lilianna even says its just how things used to be done back in the day, when Planeswalkers were semi-immortal and there generally were no consequences to their actions.
>>
>>47791082
>jace calls nissa in to fix everything
>>
>>47791105
>when Planeswalkers were semi-immortal and didn't have to suffer the consequences to their actions.
fixed
>>
>>47791057
Yeah, that makes her an insane and vindictive bitch. The only difference is that he's an asshole rather than a bitch.

I'm not picking sides personally, just saying that they're both fucking crazy oldwalkers.
>>
>>47791107
There is no need to make this more difficult than it needs be.
>>
We used to only ever get glimpses of Sorin in cards and flavor text, and they all lended themselves into this idea that Sorin, while bored and somewhat selfish, was a fair and "just deserts" kind of guy. I don't like that they have to make him out to be a douche just to make Nahiri seem less horrible of a character.
>>
>>47791136
Well. I can agree on that.

Honestly, fuck oldwalkers in general, they are all cunts.
>>
>>47791195
I still don't think he's that big of a douche. That's just how Nahiri saw him. This story was from her pov, after all. Is he a douche? Yes. But not to the level she perceived.
>>
File: soon.jpg (106 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
106 KB, 550x367
>>47791204
Fucking this.
>>
>>47790979
So is Team Emrakul annihlating Innistrad still an option? That seems like it would be poetic justice to nahiri's twisted mind?
>>
>>47791035
Not really
>I'm doing this thing. It's obviously pretty huge
>Before I even inquire about the nature of this thing, I'll get you to come with me by demanding respect through combat
>>
>>47791068
But if there's a timer on making posts, and a "can't delete post after X minutes" limit, then how much damage could one do by deleting posts?
>>
>>47787708
Nissa pls go and stay go
>>
>>47791209

We had a similar problem when we saw these events from his PoV in a previous article. The problem isn't that Sorin is not justified in much of what he does, the PROBLEM is that he keeps all that shit as internal monologue and he absolutely disdains the very idea of explaining himself to other people. He is so used to being the hottest shit on his plane that he has convinced himself that its everyone else's responsibility to eat whatever shit he serves up for them and not complain or ask questions.

If Sorin had just said "Oh shit, I forgot to give an exception in my firewall for the Eye of Ugin. It got blocked like everything else. Sorry about that, I'll patch it." Things would have been fine.

Instead he dismissed the mistake out of hand as coldly as possible, apparently dismissing the Eldrazi, all of Nahiri's personal sacrifices to contain them, and even Nahiri herself in the process. Thats a level of insult that Sorin never would have stood for in return, and he felt no remorse for doing so because he really didn't consider Nahiri to be anywhere near his equal.

This is a problem that could have been easily avoided if Sorin was not aloof as fuck and bothered to explain himself or have any kind of tact or social awareness at all.
>>
>>47791320
I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think that Sorin is really bad at explaining himself and Nahiri is REALLY bad at interpreting situations.
>>
>>47791245
except that's not what happened. it was
>yeah that's a thing I made
>okay great, come help me like you said you would.
he wasn't and never implied to nahiri that he was in the middle of something, he was just weakened by the effort of completing it.
>>
>>47789552
So they retconned Zendikar so that Nahiri did it all herself? That's fucking retarded
>>
>>47791071
>>47791082

Oh god, you JUST know Jace will mind meld Sorin and Nahiri and everything will be alright,since we can't really destroy Innistrad, Maro's favorite plane.
>>
>>47791460

One of the lore stories like two years ago was about Nahiri waking up, and re-sealing the Eldrazi when they were kind of, almost, getting out, sort of. That's when she goes to confront Sorin, like a thousand years before the current timeline.
>>
>>47791460
no at some point between the initial sealing of the eldrazi and jace, chandra and sarkhan fucking up the eye, a bunch of zendikari vampires fucked with the hedron matrix and nahiri dealt with them. with extreme prejudice.
>>
>>47789906
Shut the fuck up chandere
>>
>>47791458
>"Not now," said Sorin, with infuriating calm. "Later, perhaps. This is a critical time—"
That sure as fuck doesn't imply that he's busy with these things he's making
>>
>>47790944
Oh yes. I'm entirely with you. This is gonna be good. And in the background we have the seeds of Grixis Part 2 about to jump off as humanity is swirling down the madness lined toilet drain toward extinction again.

Either Nahiri lures in an Eldrazi or Planeswalking creatures that aren't as nice as the ones we know. In game fluff, we are known for summoning armies of monsters to have petty little battles on someone else's doorstep.
>>
>>47791860
To add to the point, might I also point out that Sorin, unlike Nahiri, was completely calm at that juncture?
>>
Planeswalkers can speak to any sentient being on some level. It's lore. Secondly nobody is right if everybody is wrong
>>
>>47792034
Thirdly they kill stuff Mari likes all the time and a sad ending is appropriate for a horror world
>>
>>47792034
Somebody is obviously more wrong
>>
For some reason, I keep picturing this like Nahiri and Sorin are siblings and Ugin's the dad.
>>
>>47789867
>she was too tsundere
No, just too tsun. Not dere ENOUGH. So Sorin misinterpreted her tsundere hard-to-get act as her genuinely hating him, and gave her the bitchslap such antics rightly deserve.
And I now realize that Sorin and Nahiri are basically pic related
>>
>>47792087
Ugin is the all father and the colourless piece of ur- dragon
>>
>>47789552
So she decided to burn innistrad to the ground just to get back at a sorin?
What a fucking bitch why is she white colored again?
>>
>>47792463
Because she feels she is righteous, and that she is avenging all of the people Sorin wronged (Zendikar, her, the demons, Avacyn, etc.)
>>
>>47792463
Because wizards loves to give shit to all white colored characters except gideon
>>
>>47792488
Inconsequentially destroying everything tangentially related to someone who hurt you seems more red than white to me for some reason, but what do i know.
>>
>>47792565
It's specifically the "righteous" part of that post.
>>
>>47792630
How do you even feel righteous killing people who did nothing to you just to hurt someone else?
You can make almost any character white like this.
>>
>>47792700
Because she's that far gone on the crazy train.
>>
>>47790506
>koth
>first thing he does is kidnap someone and start shit
>>
>>47792742
Fair enough.
>>
>>47792463
White being a revenge fueled machine isn't anything new. An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth can totally be interpreted as white because of it's relation to fairness and balance. Nahiri also feels like she's in the right to do so and wants Sorin to understand what Zendikar suffered as the plane was bleeding out.

Seeing as the dude doesn't fucking bother hearing out anyone, Nahiri see's her only method of getting into his thick skull is to inflict harm on innistrad.
>>
Wait. Once the new set comes out, all the fetchlands will cycle out. Does this mean we'll see another fetchland printing in this new set?
>>
>>47793138
The fetchlands cycled out already, what are you talking about?
And next standard rotation won't be til fall, when Kaladesh is released
>>
>>47793300
I'm thinking of something different.
>>
>>47793352
What, then?
>>
File: Sorin Markov.jpg (77 KB, 561x800) Image search: [Google]
Sorin Markov.jpg
77 KB, 561x800
The problem is at the time Sorin was mono black, and not just mono black clearly he is at his mono blackest. He is the very definition of Psh...nothin personnel kid. He even calls Nahiri a child. So when Nahiri expresses concern, he completely disregards them. While Sorin's spent the last few thousand years doing whatever he wanted, Nahiri's encased herself in a rocky cocoon to monitor the Eldrazi for the sake of the multiverse. She willingly did this due to Ugin and Sorin promising to come help her the moment she called for aid, and neither showed up (Ugin due to getting ganked by Bolas and Sorin by what turns out to be an honest accident). When Nahiri shows up and tells Sorin he owes her to come check it out (which he does) he dismisses her and tells her to go bother Ugin. This is all before she attacks him.

Now for Nahiri. The Eldrazi she locked in her basement for the sake of the multiverse almost got out and her friends didn't come when she called after they swore to. However she does jump to the really paranoid conclusion that Sorin's protection plan on Innistrad was done knowing her signal wouldn't reach him and then kinda goes off the wall on Sorin when she later attacks him

So Sorin at the time is too much of an edgelord to go "whoops my bad" and Nahiri, perhaps due to being stuck in a rock monitoring otherworldly horrors for so long, is too quick to jump to the wrong solution. The situation could easily have been defused if both were written to strictly adhere to their respective color pie.

It is interesting in the story where Sorin talks to the revived Ugin that he does feel guilt about the situation. At this point he's shown to now be B/W instead of mono black. The guy who's said to have forgotten what guilt feels like actually feels some when confronted by Ugin. Old Mono B Sorin probably would have told Ugin what happened and placed the blame solely on Nahiri, but with his current character progression he seems a bit ashamed and dodges the question.
>>
>>47793496
Also I think it's weird how Nahiri cares so much for Innistrand, spends all her time in the Helvault carefully constructing it in her mind, only to completely give up on it when she gets back and sees the Eldrazi have gotten free. I can understand being shocked and enraged but if Gideon will swear to fight to the death there when it's not even his home it's odd to see someone so devoted to the plane just go "Whoops time for revenge lol"
>>
>>47793496
>Sorin was mono black
Objectively false. He had already made Avacyn and could wield spells that gave off white light, including what looked like a white control spell.
>>
>>47793517
To be fair, she had no idea they could be killed, and only an act of naked writer fiat saved the Jacetice League. Also, Ulamog ate a fucking continent. Like imagine if you were off spacemanning and come back to Earth, and Europe is just...gone. Like, all of Europe, including Russia. That's a hell of a kick in the gut even if you don't like Europoors.
>>
>>47793528
Sorin was still mono B as of original Zendikar.

Granted Ajani has shown us it can certainly fluctuate but this entire story has his personality firmly set in black's portion of the color pie
>>
>>47787718
The Norn intensifies.
>>
>>47793592
Don't get too meta when it comes to the lore vs the game. While there is intentional overlap, it isn't so cut-and-dry.
>>
Let's be honest, though... Fucking with Innistrad really is one of the only ways to make Sorin actually give a fuck.
>>
>>47793517

The difference is that Gideon didn't understand just how fucked the plan really was.

Nahiri and Sorin had fought the Eldrazi before using steel and magic. It was a pitiful waste of effort. Nahiri has stood on a plane of existence that was crumbling around her before, witnessing the last moments of the last surviving people of that plane as their very reality unwoved and dumped what remained of their world into the blind eternities and the aether smashed them into sparks of mana, substance without form. Nahiri only survived because, as a planeswalker, she can survive in the blind eternities for a brief period of time before being forced to land on a safe plane.

And that was a plane being consumed by a single Eldrazi.

Ugin later came to Nahiri and Sorin and gave them his containment plan. A plan which required a millenia of constant work to enact, using the combined power of three Oldswalkers.

After Nahiri gets out of the Helvault? She has no allies. She has no time. All three Eldrazi are running amok on Zendikar and have a head start, and Nahiri isn't even an Oldswalker anymore. She is the weakest she has ever been, and doesn't even know why because she missed the mending.

And, most importantly, she has no time. Even if she was at full power, and used everything she knew, there simply wasn't time to rebuild the Hedron network faster than the Eldrazi were eating everything in sight. Based on all of her experience, Zendikar was lost beyond any hope of saving it. Her worst fears realized in full.

She doesn't know that there is a full team of planeswalkers already working against the Eldrazi, nor does she know that Ugin held back vital information about the Eldrazi's weaknesses from her and Sorin because he didn't want them to do anything but contain them.
>>
>>47793300
Dragons of tarkir fetchlands are still standard legal.
>>
>>47793641
I don't, there's always concessions that need to be made one way or the other, but Wizards has shown they like to print new cards with different color identities for 'walkers that go through major events.

Sarkhan, Ajani, Nahiri going from W to W/R. It happens enough that you can infer a little bit from it.
>>
>>47793668
It's true.

Innistrad is fucked.
>>
File: retarded.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
retarded.gif
2 MB, 240x180
Sorin really only brought the assault on Innistrad onto himself.
>>
>>47793694
Point of order, Ajani technically went from W/R to monowhite, he lost a lot of anger as he grew into being a walker.
>>
>>47793694
Oh? And what is the major event that turned Sorin WB?

I'm fairly certain whatever you're about to
say will be wrong.
>>
>>47793565
>>47793680
Those are pretty good points. I kind of like the idea of Gideon being just too much of a big dumb hero to realize how fucked the situation was which caused him to stay and fight, ultimately leading to victory.

The continent argument to. Without maps of these planes sometimes it's hard to mentally imagine just how big some of these regions are.
>>
>>47787452

post link to story pls
>>
>>47793694
WR Ajani is canonically OG Ajani. The Lorwyn Planeswalker cards were more or less examples of how the cards worked and not implemented into the lore fully yet.
>>
>>47793742
>Ajani technically went from W/R to monowhite, he lost a lot of anger as he grew into being a walker.
And then from monowhite to W/G.
>>
>>47793750
I'd say it's more of a gradual thing since OG Zendikar block. Could just be a phase. He might have tapped into his white side a little bit when making Avacyn but his personality was still rooted firmly in the mono b department when it came to this encounter with Nahiri
>>
>>47787452
Sorin did nothing wrong!
Kor are a cancer of the multiverse!
Volrath was right!
>>
>>47790645
>>47791320

Sorin just really did not think things through. I felt it was sorta telling that when he was mentoring Nahiri he broke her arm and made her think for a second he was going to kill her because it didn't occur to him to tell her she could just WILL her body to be OK again FIRST.

And yeah, it seems like the two of them are both distorting things a little and what really happened was probably somewhere between the two.

>"So I was just minding my own business, seeing to my world like a responsible lord, and suddenly this chick I mentored for a while barges in and starts making all kinds of accusations and demands over an honest mistake. I tell her to calm her tits and give me a second and then she just tries to kill me out of nowhere! I am not the bad guy in this situation!"
>"So I volunteered to take on a really shitty job after some urging from a close friend and an associate of his. He stood me up when I called him for help, so I tracked him down to ask what gives and suddenly he starts copping an attitude and being a total douche about the whole thing. Then when I call him on his shit suddenly he gets all pissy and shoves me in a rock for a thousand years and lets my home go to shit for no reason! I am not the bad guy in this situation!"
>>
>>47789867
White knights are the worst.
>>
>>47790033
Nahiri was emotional stupid, Sorin did offer to go sweep her place but she kept attacking him while he was nearly drained of life.

Fuck that chalky bitch.
>>
>>47790234
Sorin went on to keep the eldrazi locked but a bunch of meddling kids and THAT FUCKING ELF ruined it.
>>
>>47793680
>>47793517
if Gideon and Nissa, presumably de most stupid planeswalkers could decide to save zendikar, why wouldn't nahiri should do something being White? Nissa was devasted when all the joragas died, by her fucking fault. i feel bad saying this but joraga tities did the correct thing
>>
>>47794268
What could you expect of a race created by Urza
>>
>>47788684
They're both grey.
>>
>>47790457
Sorin was a hero until chalky bitch showed up and the story got retconned to make her right because women can't be evil nowadays unless it's full balls to the wall scenery chewing but not really her fault, like Liliana.

The lithomancer was originally long past dead. And she should have stayed that way.
>>
>>47790605
If Bolas hadn't sent Chandra to retrieve the map to the eye nothing would have happened.
If Bolas hadn't sent Jace to stop Chandra from getting the map to the eye nothing would have happened.
If Bolas had not set Sarkhan to get spit roasted by those two, nothing would have happened.
If Nissa hadn't broken the seal because she's a spiteful, racist bitch, nothing would have happened.

The only reason it's "Sorin's fault" is because you're a waifufag that is eating up a massive retcon so you can keep fapping to a chalky bitch who should have been long dead.
>>
>>47794508
>Sorin was a hero until chalky bitch showed up and the story got retconned to make her right because women can't be evil

Holy fuck if you can't see the story is being set up to make them both wrong so Jace and/or Liliana can set them straight you're delusional.

Even with both their perspectives and it being not entirely good/bad Nahiri is still being shown to be overly vindictive.

There's literally a card called "Nahiri's Machinations". That's not a phrase you use to describe someone who's doing good.
>>
>>47794508
I dunno. I still feel like she's pretty evil.
>>
So let me get this straight. I have to chose between:
>Edge McDouchecanoe whose defining characteristic is how few shits he gives about anyone else and
>the PMSing woman who is throwing a tantruum because she has bad choices in men

Yeah, I'll take either of the two dragons over these idiots.
>>
>>47793846
I think him making the most powerful source of white mana from scratch and then casting O-ring on Nahiri pretty much confirms he was WB in this story. Quit grasping at straws.
>>
File: Nahiri-the-Lithomancer-MtG-Art.jpg (113 KB, 733x1100) Image search: [Google]
Nahiri-the-Lithomancer-MtG-Art.jpg
113 KB, 733x1100
>>47794508
>Sorin was a hero until chalky bitch showed up and the story got retconned to make her right
I dunno, man. I side with Nahiri on this whole issue of it being Sorin who did the wrong thing but even then I can recognize that Nahiri is doing some heinous shit here and the story isn't trying to play her up as a hero either, the story wants you to sympathize with her but in no means paints her as a person doing a good thing on Innistrad.
>>
Team Gideon.

He acted a lot like these chucklefucks in his early days, but was humbled by the powers of the planeswalkers he encountered in his own journeys, and got over his shitty self to become a hero and a uniter instead of a stupid piece of shit pursuing shitty goals of revenge and control.

But this is more a problem of MtG's shitty writing overall. Nobody's really picked back up on Tezzie's supposed outplaying of Nicol Bolas, they occasionally resurrect old characters just to kill them off for drama, and much more interesting characters than the bland and stupid Jacestice League and dropped and forgotten in favor of more worse, melodramatic writing and plot twists decided by a dartboard.
>>
>>47793692
And which fetchlands were in Dragons of Tarkir?
>>
>>47794473
Urza made the Metathran, not the Kor.
>>
>>47794331
Thank you.
>>
>>47794619
When did Shank outplay Bolas?
>>
>>47794613
This guy gets it.
>>
>Garruk's probably not coming back
>if we ever go back to fix Tarkir, we'll have to have one of the Jacetice League do it
>we have to do another fucking Theros block to get Elspeth back and even then she'll never be the face of White
>never gonna see Koth or Ashiok again

why go on living
>>
>>47794936

I want Gideon to be W/R like he's fucking supposed to be so that Elspeth can be monowhite.
>>
>>47794613
>>47794565
>>47794554
I don't know why people are trying to make it sound like Nahiri is being turned into some sort of good guy. Nothing about this is justification for you know, eldritch horror style genocide.
>>
>>47790020
>>47789951

On top of this, it clearly IS broke and needs some fixin.
>>
>>47795089
>Language is broken
>Let's improve it and make it logical!
German detected.
>>
>>47793752
And as much as I hate to praise wizards writing, it's pretty consistent with his origins story
>>
>>47795151
You stinky bitch. I'm from the land down under.

I did just finish my first semester of German studies though I guess.
>>
>>47793766
But Jace was actually on Lorwyn at that time, so was Nissa.
>>
Let's say you promise a neighbor that if their house catches on fire, you'll help put it out. Now some time goes by and you've just finished going into labor, and as you're recovering a neighbor kicks in your door, saying theres a fire and demands you help as you promised. When you say "I can't this is critical time." they start assaulting you, so you lock them in a closet.

Sorin is in the absolute right and if you think Nahiri is even remotely justified then you're fucked in the head.
>>
>>47794672
Novels
>>
>>47795414
>my good pal sorin said if my house catches fire I can call him and he'll help
>wonder why he didn't answer
>sorry I tossed my phone away
>BUT WHAT IF I NEEDED YOUR HELP
>why are you making it sound like I did anything wrong, look my house is safe!
>NIGGA YOU GAVE ME YOUR WORD
>not my issue, my house is fine, go home, Nahiri.
And then Sorin locked her in the closet after pissing off a girl who just wanted to ask some questions and shrugging her off as not worth his time.
They both have justified reasons to be pissed at each other, the problem is they are both being fucking children about it and not using their words to communicate.
>>
>>47792463
Because waifufags couldn't let her stay dead.
>>
>>47795721
>just wanted to ask some questions
and also attempted murder
>>
>>47795751

Well, to be fair Nahiri only saw it as trying to teach Sorin a sharp lesson to stop pulling the "I'm so OLD, I KNOW BETTER THAN YOU" bullshit, and given that they were oldwalkers at the time and how much punishment can neatly fit into "moderate inconvenience" rather than "murder," Sorin might've taken her attack a mite too seriously.

It was still not a good decision, but then Sorin copping a 'tude in that situation wasn't either.
>>
>>47795785
The stupid cunt is lucky he didn't flat out ice her for that bullshit, it would have been 100% within his rights after she pulled that.
>>
>>47795615
Oh, you mean Test of Metal, which is noncanon.
>>
Can the Sorin defense force please fuck off and admit that their husbando was in the wrong for treating the one person that was keeping cosmic horrors locked away like they were a child?
>>
>>47795785
>crazy bitch attacks you
>lock her up in oldwalker prison
talk shit get hit

nahiri's "story" is really fucking dumb, even for wizards
>>
>>47795845
Maybe if she didn't act like a fucking child, it wouldn't have happened.

And NONE of this shit would have even been a problem in that cunt of an elf didn't let them out!

>Oh, I'll just release the cosmic, world eating horrors, they'll just leave!
>Wait, why are they eating the world?!
>>
>>47795751
Well she was asking questions first and Sorin was like not now little lady, git outta here, which you know, would piss off anyone to just be dismissed in such a way.
>>
>>47795887
She let them out because Sorin treated her like an animal, told her nothing and expected her to obey his every command without giving her a reason to.
>>
>>47795845
Maybe if she didn't act like a fucking child, she wouldn't need to be treated like one.

And NONE of this shit would have even been a problem in that cunt of an elf didn't let them out!

>Oh, I'll just release the cosmic, world eating horrors, they'll just leave!
>Wait, why are they eating the world?!
>>
>>47795785
>Well, to be fair attempting murder is the same as trying to teach a sharp lesson to stop pulling the "I'm so OLD, I KNOW BETTER THAN YOU" bullshit
>>
>>47794972
Because she's not being stopped and she's not being punished either after she destroys Innistrad.
>>
>>47795900
One question I have is why didn't just fucking end Nissa before she released the Eldrazi? That's the one thing I don't get. +1 Dead Bitch, +1 Plane Saved. Sounds pretty good to me
>>
>>47795902
>And NONE of this shit would have even been a problem in that cunt of an elf didn't let them out!

Nissa letting them out happened thousands of years after Sorin vs Nahiri.
>>
>>47795900
AND THE STUPID CUNT PROVED HE WAS RIGHT TO TREAT HER LIKE A DUMBASS HOLY FUCKING GODAMN SHIT

Nigga, she knew what she was doing. She knew what she was letting out of the box. SHE DID IT ANYWAY.

>>47795902
>>47795887
Wait, what the shit? It told me it timed out! Lying software.
>>
>>47795925
She hasn't been stopped yet because she hasn't been seen in the story yet. That's like saying that Sauron's the good guy at the end of the Fellowship of the Ring because he hasn't been stopped or punished yet.

And you don't read the future, so you can't say she won't be punished.
>>
>>47795939
Yesssss? It's still a direct fucking line.

If Nissa didn't let them out, Nahiri wouldn't be all boo hoo my plane.
>>
>>47795939
Nahiri is only going on a revenge spree because the Eldrazi were unsealed while she was in the naughty corner. If Nissa hadn't done her single life defining event and listened to the millennia old being whose been around longer than your entire goddamn tribe Nahiri probably wouldn't have chimped out.
>>
>>47795907

Again, Sorin getting a sword through the stomach is a moderate inconvenience at this point. If she lopped off his hands he could just will them back on and flip her off, much as she would do if he cut off her sword hand in retaliation.

As far as Nahiri knew, anyway.
>>
>>47795845
Can the waifufags stop acting like the equivalent of beating someone with a baseball bat after they just had a child is a sensible way to ask for help?

The etimology of the word "hysterical" makes more sense every day.
>>
>>47795976
So yes, she acted like a child, and got treated like one.
>>
>>47795966
>>47795968
Oh I thought you meant the initial conflict wouldn't have happened
>>
>>47792463
>>>47789552
>>47789744
>>47790979
>It ends with them fucking on top of one of Avacyn's temples as the Phyrexians pour into the realm.
>>
>>47795900
So if a senior war vet bullies you around the zoo on a tour and then tells you not to jump into the lion's den, you'll jump right in just to spite him?
Yeah that intolerant semi-senile warrior don't know shit, let's show him!
>>
>>47796012

>"Damn it, Nahiri, don't make me get up and be the adult here!"
>"There's a first time for everything!"
>"Oh, ha ha ha. You're GROUNDED!"
>>
>>47795976
stab wounds are perfectly survivable in the modern world, but we don't use them as a casual greeting

And if an oldwalker wants to fight, you either resolve it immediately or have an enormous problem on your hands. Nahiri shouldn't have poked the fuckin' millenia-old-vampire.
>>
>>47796107

Well, remember Oldwalkers sometimes find rearranging their atoms to face another direction a more efficient use of their time than turning around.
>>
File: 1378188984553.jpg (32 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1378188984553.jpg
32 KB, 450x600
Nahiri did her job for five thousand fucking years and all she wanted was a "sure I'll come take a look" without a major fucking argument.

Jeez she acted childish but Sorin did NOT have to be all "pssh..nothin personnel" about the whole thing.

He said he owed her nothing after making a promise to do something.

They were both right and wrong about different things, the problem is how they handled it. BOTH OF THEM
>>
>>47796189
Act like a goddamn child? Get treated like a goddamned child and put in the quiet corner. Simple as that.
>>
>>47796165
and sometimes an oldwalker is going to find it more efficient to send you into the SHADOW REALM than deal with your bullshit
>>
>>47796229

If anything, Nahiri was the one being an adult about things by telling Sorin that his petulant attitude and responsibility shirking was not going to fly. For all of his talk about being the one with the long view of things the moment the fate of the multiverse inconveniently interrupts his after-lunch naptime he turns one of his oldest allies into one of his greatest enemies through one fucking cranky conversation rather than compromise on literally any front at all.

Sorin was trying to do the equivalent of saying "I'm older than you, that means I know better" when the age gap no longer mattered. 6000 years vs 5000 years is a much less significant gap than 1000 years vs 30 years.
>>
Fucking Nahiri man. Did you see what went down on your plane? Of course Sorin was going to take priority is shoring up his own. But what response does she have? Attacks him like some psycho ex annoyed you ignored her calls. He tells her to leave but she continues to throw a fit trying to prove that she is a big girl now and doesn't need daddy watch over her. Sorin, now dealing with some psycho bitch, throws this clearly unstable bitch in lock up until he gets strong enough to deal with her, only to discover that his powers never came back to full. He can't let her out because she is clearly unhinged and still has oldwalker powers so he is forced to leave her in their.

When she finally gets out her response is to destroy an entire plane and possibly more in collateral damage proving that Sorin was right in the first place to lock this crazy bitch up.
>>
>>47796337
>When she finally gets out her response is to destroy an entire plane and possibly more in collateral damage proving that Sorin was right in the first place to lock this crazy bitch up.

Her response was to leave and go to her home where she'd locked up the Eldrazi that Sorin had sworn (and then broken that promise) to help her with. Her home that now had entire continents of it destroyed because he'd locked her up and she couldn't monitor the prison/slap the shit out of Chandra/Jace/Sarkhan for dicking around in the Eye.
>>
>>47796337
>Of course Sorin was going to take priority is shoring up his own.

The problem is, that's NOT WHAT THEY AGREED when they made the deal that involved Nahiri putting her home plane on the front line and setting herself up as eternal guardian for the multiverse presumably forever.

Nahiri did all the work making the hedrons. Nahiri took all the risk by having the Eldrazi be trapped on Zendikar instead of somewhere else, knowing that if anything went wrong with the plan it would be her people and home that would be annihilated. Nahiri is the one who got stuck with a job that requires her to spend thousands of years at a time chilling in stasis in a fucking rock rather than doing things just in case something goes wrong. Her entire life is now about this one sacrifice for the greater good, because someone had to do it.

Sorin had one job. One tiny, fucking job. And he dropped the ball on it when the multiverse came under threat again (twice, I might add). And rather than own up to his mistake he tried to deny responsibility because 'not my problem, lol'.

If the fight had happened literally anywhere else on Innistrad, Nahiri would have slapped Sorin around a few times and then made him uphold his end of the deal. As it was, she was within a hairs breath of blowing Avacyn the fuck up and wasting the last few decades of Sorin's life because he tried to be too cool for school.
>>
>>47796466
> and go to her home where she'd locked up the Eldrazi that Sorin had sworn (and then broken that promise) to help her with.

Its actually WORSE than that.

The Eldrazi were a multiversal problem. They had no special attraction to Zendikar, it was not on their radar yet. Ugin convinced Sorin of the plan to contain the Eldrazi, and Sorin convinced Nahiri that for the plan to work it had to be Zendikar that was used as the prison.

This was not a problem that Nahiri came to them for help on. They came to her and begged. They needed her lithomancy skills to make the plan work at all, and then foisted all of the danger and responsibility onto her as well. All they had to do was help with the initial capture ritual and answer their phone after that, and when the time came she was left holding the short end of the stick anyway.
>>
>>47787452
sorin is my husbando so im gonna stick with him
>>
>>47796271
more like it was that or he was going to lose and he knew it.

SOrin was STRAIGHT UP about to lose that fight and only through Avacyn and Nahiri not wanting to kill him did he win.
>>
>>47796467
He offered to go later cuz he was weak
But she didn't even let him finish the sentence before attacking just to fancy how powerful she had become
>>
>>47795951
Women can't face consequences in modern nerd media.
She will win and everyone will have to warp around it to justify destroying a whole civilization because you're a cunt was a good thing.
>>
File: Urza's rage.jpg (103 KB, 620x462) Image search: [Google]
Urza's rage.jpg
103 KB, 620x462
There are people in this thread right now that will bad mouth Urza while saying Sorin did nothing wrong
>>
>>47797000
He said he might maybe would go, if he felt like it. That's kind of a different story than 'I'll go'.
And she kinda had a point that 'the Eldrazi nearly getting free' is kind of more critical than what he was faffing about with - which is what she cut him off with.
>>
>>47797212
Urza did nothing wrong
>>
>>47797212
Urza did one thing wrong. Not following his fucking plan at the very last moment

Sorin's wrongness will depend on whether or not he can put a stake in stonforge bitchstic's fucking head. .
>>
>>47797374
>Urza did one thing wrong. Not following his fucking plan at the very last moment

Eh, you can use that argument against Frodo Baggins
>>
>>47797362
>>47797374
>>47797396
Urza did fucking everything wrong. He fucked things up constantly and is one of the biggest screwups in the history of the multiverse, right behind Dyfed.
>>
If it didn't feel like Wizards was trying to keep things pg-13 I almost feel like Nahiri would learn that Zendikar was saved, planeswalk back there in disbelief, then kill herself in a "What have I done moment"
>>
File: laughing planeswalkers.jpg (59 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
laughing planeswalkers.jpg
59 KB, 480x480
>>47797435
>Everything wrong
>Yawgmoth's dead

How's it feel to be so fucking wrong

>B-b-b-b-ut he gave in at the last moment

And still had fucking contingencies for that

Nigga was just a head and he still won
>>
>>47797085
Women face consequences in anything. They whine up a fucking shitstorm about how they're the special exception to everything in real life, too.
>>
>>47797479
His goal was to stop phyrexia. His creation spent the years after his death spreading it around so it can respawn.
That's already a major fuck-up.
>>
>>47797396
frodo's a little shit

Urza should have known better. He did everything right until that one fuck up.
>>
>>47796467
Because of a retcon, originally she developed the hedrons then died of old age post-mending. After that Sorin kept his promise and went to investigate the first disturbance in eons only to have Bolas' machinations and THAT FUCKING ELF's stupidity ruin everything forever.

But no, autists couldn't accept the Lithomancer was old history so we got a card from way in the past, and yet waifufags kept whining until WotC just up and ruined everything to insert chalky white cunt into their jacetice league storyline and in turn ruin both Ugin and Sorin, destroy Innistrad and kill Avacyn.
>>
Magic lore sucks. It is terrible purple prose and it holds the game back.
>>
>>47797779
They never had her dying of old age post-mending. Ever. It was always a mystery - first who The Lithomancer was (with zero information about what they were, their current status, or anything about them), then what was going on with her currently when they revealed that The Lithomancer was Nahiri. Shadows block is the first time they've ever stated anything about her at any time near the mending - there have been zero retcons at all involved.
>>
>>47797591
>Women don't face consequences in anything
Fixed
>>
>>47797827
Before C14 flavor people were asked on social media wether Koth was the Lithomancer and we were told the Lithomancer was gone.

Come C14 and chalky cunt is now suddenly alive and ruining everything.
>>
>>47796518
thought they particularly liked Zendikar because of it's raw, powerful mana, like the Roil

it is, however, hilarious that Chandra is more reliable than Sorin or Ugin.
>>
>>47797888

Ugin at least had the excuse that he'd been dead for a thousand years and then had that retconned to being in a coma for a thousand years.
>>
>>47797085
You sound strangely bitter
>>
>>47797870
Yes, gone. Not dead. Gone
>>
>>47797888
Nope - Ulamog was eating the place because it was there, and Emrakul fucked off as soon as it could. And they all had to be lured there specifically for them to come there.
As well, the Roil was caused by the Eldrazi being bound there in the first place, so it's gone now, leaving Zendikar missing most of the things that made it interesting and unique.
>>
I'm siding with Nahiri just because I'm impressed by how Effective her revenge plan is. Not only has she trucked Sorin into killing Avacyn but the lasting damage the she's done to the plane probably really hurts Sorin's Pride.

Bravo.
>>
>>47797085
>bitch bitch bitch
Look, dude, if you feel compelled to whine about examples that don't exist yet I'm not convinced you're the sensible one here.
>>
>>47798073
>Not only has she trucked Sorin into killing Avacyn
I want to believe in this mental image.
>>
>>47797212
>There are people in this thread right now that will say that Urza did nothing wrong while bad mouthing Sorin
ftfy
>>
>>47797989
We don't yet know why Emrakul left. (We may never know.)
The Eldrazi are alien, but not unintelligent. They can make retreats and other decisions.
>>
>>47787452
>sorin is somehow the badguy
>when a genocidal bitch shows up on his doorstep, fucks up all the shit, accuses him of crap he didn't do, and his response is stick her in another room to calm her head a bit
>also zendikar isn't even destroyed
>but it doesn't matter lolwomynwineverysinglefuckingtime
i hate WOTC with a passion and i hate how realistic this is with the concept of people with power.
>>
>>47787452
Both are in the wrong, but I really want to see Sorin get taken down a peg. So, Nahiri, up until she kicks Sorin's ass. Then, hopefully, someone kicks her's.
>>
>>47790618
>Sorin
>No Kids
Too soon
>>
>>47798316
>don't know why emrakul left
>because being summoned by nahiri isn't totally obvious
>>
File: BULLSHIT.jpg (26 KB, 400x273) Image search: [Google]
BULLSHIT.jpg
26 KB, 400x273
>>47798338
>genocidal
Nahiri only became Hitler after Sorin shoved her in his silver closet of demon skeletons.

She just wanted to ask why he didn't answer her fucking phone call when she needed him and his answer was because he disconnected the phone and that she's getting mad over nothing when he promised he would be her 911 emergency number.

Then he kept being a cunt and treating her as a child when she is rightfully pissed for being treated as a child and took some swings and then he locked her in his fucking closet and threw away the god damn key. Yeah, I'd say Sorin handled that situation with the grace of a fucking raging autistic.

>also zendikar isn't even destroyed
It sure looked fucking dead on Bala Ged and the rest of the plane on it's way to follow that fate. She had no idea how to fucking fight the titans and fucking Ugin told her it would probably be really bad to kill them so it's either risk fucking with all the multiverse, or let Zendikar die and go get back at Sorin for letting her plane die while he kept her locked in a fucking closet for skeletons. She doesn't know the plane is still alive and on it's way to recovery.

Lot of people in this thread acting like Nahiri knows what Gideon and Jace and Nissa were up to when she doesn't know these fucking people or their plan to save Zendikar because she was stuck in the fucking Helvault because Sorin is a big dumb baka.
>>
>>47798842
If your fucking waifu hadn't attacked Sorin she wouldn't have been vaulted.
If chalky cunt had half a quarter of the balls Gideon has she would have scoured the fucking plane to find four true heroes doing what she didn't want to do anymore.

If Nahiri was a man we would all be calling him a fucking irresponsible faggot drama-queen.
>>
>>47798842
>because Sorin is a big dumb baka
yeah that plan of "convincing" someone to help her by stabbing them was real fuckin' smart
>>
I just want Ob-Nixilis to fly by while Innistrad gets destroyed and give the Jacetice League the finger and then leave.

Just a "HAW HAW" and nothing more.
>>
>>47790016
Yeah, I just assume that about walkers anyway, how else would they be able to talk to anyone?
>>
>>47790033
She literally didn't even let him explain in his roundabout vampire way.

Nahiri a shit and I'm with Sorin just because he is currently Liam Neeson and Nahiri has all kinds of fucked up.
>>
>>47790457
Not really.

She fucked with the angel daughteru. That's like offering child pornography to the fucking Punisher on the You Fucked Up scale.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.