[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/ - Maybe She's Born With It? Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: MaybeShesBornWithIt.jpg (206 KB, 1280x686) Image search: [Google]
MaybeShesBornWithIt.jpg
206 KB, 1280x686
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>47744176

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
>>
I only like the Jedi. I don't care about any other aspect of Star Wars. That's why I loved the prequels and the Clone Wars.

The fact that some people hate the Jedi and Sith and can enjoy Star Wars without including those things at all is odd to me.
>>
>>47786571
Personally, I much prefer the WWII in space aspect. The dogfights especially.
>>
>>47786571
I like the space ships, and western feel to Star Wars (smugglers, bounty hunters, etc). I don't mind the Jedi and Sith dynamic, but the Jedi especially feel a bit overemphasized at times. The first prequel is the only one I absolutely despise. The second just bothers me because its 99% green screen CGI and 1% acting. But I liked the whole detective Obi-Wan theme. The third was the only prequel I actually think is really good.

I think the biggest issue I have with Jedi, is they sometimes feel far too... Spess muhreen. Not in armor, or weapons, anything like that. I'm talking in how they get so much focus it detracts from other aspects of the stories. The difference however is that 40k is insufferable and such shit, because it's nothing but marines and a few things to cameo as bullet catchers. Whereas Star Wars is still a lot of fun for me, because Jedi are just another part of it and not stealing the entire goddamned show.
>>
File: 1465428742586.jpg (41 KB, 642x374) Image search: [Google]
1465428742586.jpg
41 KB, 642x374
I've got two questions /swg/
>The campaign I'm about to run's premise is: "Instead of the prequels, Star Wars was soft rebooted into a 90's Saturday Cartoon/Anime. Is this an autistic idea or not (for a campaign setting/tone) ?
>The players in this campaign are new to tabletop, what are some ways to introduces the system's (Saga Edition) mechanics via a sort of "Vertical Slice" aboard their shitty beat up YT Freighter ?
>>
>>47786755
I miss the idea that Jedi were Space Ronin who dispensed justice wherever they went with their space magic.
>>
>>47786758
I'd say go the Star Wars Rebels route.

As far as mechanics go, I haven't played much of the tabletop rpgs. The old DnD 3.0 one is the only one I played, and even that was just a single session.
>>
Trying to come up with starship names that emphasize Star Wars' WWII influences for writefaggotry reasons. The USN-Alliance transition is easy enough. DDs get named after Alliance heroes, BBs after planets, CAs and CLs after cities, etc. The IJN-Empire transition is a bit tougher, though. Some anons in past threads suggested literal English translations of IJN warship names but there are a few for which I can't find easy translations.

Any suggestions for naming equivalents to ships named after provinces (Kaga, Nagato, Mutsu), mountains (Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei), shrines (Katori), etc.?
>>
Has there been an update to the release date of Imperial Veterans other than Soon(tm)
>>
>>47786831
I thought so too. Right now the plot is " The PCs, Raymus Antilles, R2D2/C3P0, and Rahm Kota have wacky highjinks trying to deliver the death star plans across the galaxy that mirrors IV V VI"
>>
File: DroidsStarlog.jpg (268 KB, 1000x825) Image search: [Google]
DroidsStarlog.jpg
268 KB, 1000x825
>>47786758
Saturday Morning Star Wars is perfectly fine

Not too familiar with Saga Edition's mechanics, but whatever it is that causes mechanical failure that needs immediate repairs is probably the way to go.

>>47786847
Thing is, the Empire has a long-established tradition of naming ships after monsters (Chimaera, Hydra, Gorgon, etc), aggressive adverbs and nouns (Dominant, Adamant, Vengeance) or phrases (Death's Head, Iron Fist, Arc Hammer). Instead of Imperial Japan, you might want to look at the Royal Navy's naming conventions. Or just throw in the Yamato for the hell of it
>>
>>47786903
It'll almost definitely probably be released in 2016. unlike Wave 9 or Heroes of the Resistance
>>
>>47786758
It's crazy autistic but if you and your players like it more power to you. Especially for slice of life freighter games Edge of the empire would be perfect so not sure why you're running Saga but I'd say focus on what kind of peeps your guys want to be. Sprinkle in some combats that are cool but fast (or as fast as d20 can be) so your players don't get overwhelmed. If they seem excited about role play focus on that, if combat really grabs them veer that way. Try to avoid the weirder stuff like starfighter rules in the first session while people learn the basics
>>
>>47786944
I would use FFG Starwars, but I know Saga inside and out and when your teaching new players who are completely new, its best that you have an extensive knowledge of the system.
>>
>>47786982
Fair enough. I ran a lot of saga back in the day and enjoyed it but after making the switch I'm running 1-2 sessions of FFG a week and never looking back.
>>
File: it has been 0 days.png (100 KB, 257x368) Image search: [Google]
it has been 0 days.png
100 KB, 257x368
>>47786916
>Thing is, the Empire has a long-established tradition of naming ships after monsters
Sorry, I should have clarified--Legacy comics era, so I'm dealing with Fel/Krayt Empire stuff, which isn't nearly as well fleshed out. There's a bit more liberty to screw around with names due to decades of cultural shifts. The Fel Empire stuff I can spin into being the Royal Navy since they're the good guy empire. Krayt's Sith Empire, on the other hand, I'd like to turn into the IJN and Kriegsmarine.

>Yamato
Maybe, but I'd rather have Jedi Prinz
>>
I just found Star Wars Empire at War gold pack among a bunch of old stuff. I don't know where it came from or if its any good. Anyone ever play this before?
>>
>>47787071
I enjoyed it. Good shit.
>>
>>47787017
>>47786916

You want a good resource for Imperial ship names? Go look up Decepticon names. They are VERY interchangable.

For example: Tell me which of the following are Decipticons or Star Destroyers

Lawbringer
Sinnertwin
Shockwave
Deaths Head
Juggernaut
Havoc
Thundercracker
>>
>>47787102
Whelp, stealing this.
>>
File: LASER PARTY.gif (509 KB, 324x216) Image search: [Google]
LASER PARTY.gif
509 KB, 324x216
>>47787071
Space Combat is great, Ground combat can be frustrating, the Thrawn's Revenge Mod is incredible.

>>47787102
This is an excellent idea
>>
>>47787121
>>47787111

Also, both Decepticon and Star Destroyer names work great if you can't think of decent names for your Chaos Warships in BFG.

Rippersnapper is the coolest name of any transformer ever.
>>
>>47787017
I think it sounds cool for sure but not sure the culture would change much, since the Sith imperials would be the really old guard guys who romance palpatine's empire and the remnant so they'd try to align themselves to that as much as possible. I could see them throw in some Sith names for sure like Pride of Krayt or Korriban's Fury. I'm shit at ship names
>>
>>47787102
>Sinnertwin
Gotta be a Decepticon, right? ... Right?
>>
>>47787244

Yep. Him, Rippersnapper, Blot, Hun-Garrr and one other guy... Jacknife? Are all Terrorcons who form a completely ridiculous combiner. I *think* it was Menasor?

Lemme check.

Nope, that last guy was called Cutthroat and the combiner was ABOMINUS.
Which is another good Star destroyer / Chaos Warship name.
>>
>>47787271
>ABOMINUS
I don't know why but this brings to mind an Interdictor with a particularly brutal Captain at the helm...
>>
>>47787137
>since the Sith imperials would be the really old guard guys who romance palpatine's empire and the remnant so they'd try to align themselves to that as much as possible
Not really, no. Krayt was considered a heretic by classical Sith (including ancient Sith Lord ghosts) and his cult had different goals, philosophy, and political dealings than the old Sith. Plus, Krayt's bunch took power in the 120s-130s ABY, long after most of the true old guard had died out. There's grounds for a bit of cultural shift, and one that I'm trying to ramp up because I'm not a fan of the excessive stagnation brought about by Legends' lazier artists and writers.

>>47787102
Yeah, and that's a suggestion that was given to me before. I'd like to make the Decepticon cheat sheet a last resort, though. First, I'm going to see how much more Space IJN I can get.
>>
>>47787312

It's very Marvel Comics Star Wars isn't it?

...come to think of it, I think Abominus was a Marvel Comics era creation as well. Maybe that's why?
>>
File: Star Wars #008_06.jpg (485 KB, 945x1370) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars #008_06.jpg
485 KB, 945x1370
>>47787331
There's Serji-X Arrogantus, douchebag swoop ganger
>>
>>47786551
The Force: Maybe she's born with it?
Maybe it's midi-chlorians
>>
I've been fucking with y-wings with dorsal turrets and BTL-A4. I won't go so far as to say they're awesome but with a mobility droid it is tough to beat 22pts for the value. I run 2 with named HWK tlts but you could easily run 4 and a Z for maximum dakka.
>>
File: IMG_5467_zpsokbthril.jpg (150 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5467_zpsokbthril.jpg
150 KB, 1024x768
The Imperial system fleet I'm working on slowly fluffing up uses enemies of the Empire in their ship names, to remind all crewers what they're fighting to stamp out.

Some examples are Sympathizer, Smuggler, Deserter, Impostor, etc.

The flagship is the ISD Traitor

Pic unrelated. I wish I could paint good.
>>
>>47787727
That would be an interesting list. 4 thugs with it could fit in unhinged and prox mines. Tear up low agility with double taps, drop mines on agile enemies.
>>
>>47787944
27pts buys you a thug with an Unhinged astro, Prox Mines, and Extra Munitions. You can do a lot worse with 27pts...
>>
>>47786916
Oh, Droids... you were mostly tolerable if I fast-forwarded through 3PO's "hilarious" antics. Also, your theme tune was rad.
>>47787390
Oh, Star Wars v1 #7-12... you were the first official Star Wars story after the first movie, and you were dumb as shit.
>>
>>47788446
Honestly issues 7-12 felt like "Oh shit, this is going to be an Ongoing instead of a Limited, let's just rehash Magnificent Seven until we get some real plots lined up."
>>
>>47789621
So they went full circle?
>>
>>47789621
To be fair, Marvel licensed just about everything they could get their hands on - they even tried having a Logan's Run ongoing after the movie adaptation ended. That lasted... oh, about 2 issues.
>>
>>47789870
Similarly, Marvel's 2001 adaptation went waaaaaaay beyond the scope of the movie, but was ultimately responsible for giving us Machine Man 2020 as well as the whole 2020 setting.
>>
>>47786982
Actually, I always found that new players was the best time to switch systems because they weren't entrenched in the old one and tend not to mind if you flip a rule or change it later.
>>
File: Alice Cooper Marvel.jpg (1 MB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
Alice Cooper Marvel.jpg
1 MB, 900x1367
>>47789938
>>47789870
And then there was the time Alice Cooper was canon in Marvel...
>>
>>47786982
or you could all learn WEG d6 together.
>>
Farlander Papers and Stele Chronicles movies when?
>>
>>47790575
Whenever the continuity executives decide those are cannon again.
>>
>>47787806
Ew.
Honestly, that makes having pride on your ship quite difficult.
It's like the US naming his carriers Adolph Hitler, Hiro Hito or Osama Ben Laden.

On the other hand, I really dig that color scheme. What's the emblem?
>>
>>47787071
it is undoubtedly one of my all-time favourite game
there are many great mods too
it was a real shame filefront closed
the amount of material there was like heaven (not just full-fledged mods, but also models,units maps etc)
>>
File: 2016-06-15_231527.png (623 KB, 740x569) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-15_231527.png
623 KB, 740x569
What is the interaction between those two cards ?
Does the defender takes 2 not-cancellable-by-any-mean damages no matter what ?
>>
>>47791238
Yep
>>
>>47791238

If you choose to use accuracy corrector each time sure. It's two upgrades at 5 points total and range 1, but it's a strategy. Unless I'm mistaken only the VCX-100 can do that though.
>>
So I've been toying around with the idea of doing a short Legacy era campaign using all the books, I'm writing up premades for it and I'm a little stuck, I'll have 6 players so i wanted to make 2 careers out of all 3 books. So far I have an Imperial Knight (Shii-cho Knight), An Imperial missionary (Colonist Doctor), and a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter (Gadgeteer).

I was thinking of a GA spec force soldier (Commando) but i feel it could be too similar to Bounty hunter.

Does anyone have good ideas for careers in the legacy era?
>>
>>47787806
What >>47790948 said. Maybe add a little alliterative modifier to each one. Like Sympathizer Sinker. Smuggler Smasher, Deserter Destroyer, Imposter Imploder and the flagship could be Traitor Trouble.
Something like that to insure everyone knows YOU'RE not the traitors.
>>
>>47791330
Only te VCX can do it with the Autoblaster Turret and Accuracy Corrector. But other ships can do something similar using the Autoblaster Cannon instead, rolling 3 dice in arc (Range 1), and defaulting to 2 hits if you don't get 3. These ships are the B-Wing, Lambda Shuttle, and Aggressor.
>>
>>47791532

That's an 8pt combo though, which is a LOT for a Range 1 weapon that isn't a turret.

You COULD possibly run it on an dual Iggy list, hell if that's the only cannon you're bringing you might not even need to bring the usually mandatory B.

Something like this maybe?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!110:18,107,35,-1,-1,128:20:-1:;111:18,43,23,-1,-1,128:20:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

Don't get me wrong, this is a super super janky idea that should never work. But, if you can leverage C's boost to get within Range 1 of the target you can be sure to put 2 unblockable damage on the target, or if they're something like a shuttle or a Y-Wing, you go with your primaries. Your boost nets you a free evade action so pair it up with a focus if you aren't glitterstimming that round or a TL if so, either on the target or the guy you might be targeting next round.

The other guy abuses PTL, Adv. Sensors and the Aggressors monstrous amount of green maneouvers to get ridiculous action economy from a more traditional Iggy build. Although without B he wont have the same margin for error as usal. so keep those Target Locks coming.
>>
>>47791848
Interestingly enough, I have seen Autblaster Cannons in IG lists, before. Nothing like that, combining C and D... Not a bad idea, really. The nastiest list I saw it in, was B and C, both outfitted with Heavy Laser AND Autoblaster , but no Accuracy Corrector shenanigans. The two cannons together, while fucking expensive, left no "safe" range to be in arc of.
>>
>>47786847
Space Battleship Iowa when?
>>
>>47790653
I mean it's not like they have any real contradiction with existing nucanon as far as I'm aware.
Explain Farlander's absence as him having been killed at the Spacey Hook Lightsabering.
>>
>>47792307
The biggest inconsistency would be Project Shantipole. Or rather the old canon B-Wing project, compared to the new "Rebels" episode with the B-Wing Prototype.

That said, I actually liked that episode...
>>
>>47792464
Project Shantipole is the Alliance's ongoing efforts to refit the Quarrie-prototype 'Blade-Wing' into something they can easily produce that has effective field applications suited to the Rebellion's need for long-range strike fighters with, you know, working hyperdrives.
>>
>>47792464
Not that hard to reconcile.
Issues with the prototype wind up sending the whole project back to the lab for a few years, with Shantipole being the end result, and the first mass produced B-Wings coming out of it.
>>
File: Cracken lackin'.jpg (599 KB, 1080x1660) Image search: [Google]
Cracken lackin'.jpg
599 KB, 1080x1660
oh hey Cracken is back in canon! always happy to see an old face back.
>>
File: Thrawn.jpg (21 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Thrawn.jpg
21 KB, 320x240
>>47792570
Meh. Wake me when Best Blue Face is back in canon.
>>
>>47792570
So we've got the father, but will we be getting the son as well?
>>
>>47786571
I am the exact opposite. Jedi were a lot cooler when they were rare as hell and near mythic in status. Now you cant walk 4 steps without bumping into one.

Which makes no goddamn sense that everyone would consider them mythology when they were PART OF THE GOVERNMENT back in living memory for the OT. People treat em like ghosts yet they pop up nonstop.

Not to mention with them showing up all the time, they always steal the spotlight from other, more interesting characters. Or worse, we'll get a cool character and then, lo and behold, he just HAS to be force sensitive. Because we cant have a cool character who aint force sensitive overshadowing the jedi now can we.

It just frustrates me that everything has to be about the force when there's so many other great subjects in the lore like the scum and villainy, the dogfighting and space combat, the interesting wildlife and creatures on all the alien worlds, the cutthroat political enviornment of the Imperial military and government, the republic spy rings, etc etc.

I just want stories that dont involve jedi or force sensitives in away way to not be so goddamn rare. That way a jedi would actually be something special or meaningful when they pop up.
>>
File: CrackenBlueSteel-TLCSB.png (105 KB, 352x672) Image search: [Google]
CrackenBlueSteel-TLCSB.png
105 KB, 352x672
>>47792606
We can only hope
>>
>>47792556
Yeah. Even with the changes to canon that Rebels made to the B-Wing origins, it's still possible to make Farlander canon again, along with his papers.

I think the nail in the coffin though, is if they pull a Horton Salm on him by naming the surviving Y-Wing in A New Hope (like they did to Horton in Jedi, with Poe's mom). If that happens to Keyan's Y-Wing call-out, then it's pretty safe to say Farlander and Steele will never be considered canon by the powers that be.
>>
>>47792706
Again, Poe's mother flies an A-Wing at Endor, not a Y-Wing. That's Norra Wexley, mother of side character "Snaps" Wexley in TFA. So, even worse actually.
>>
>>47792849
Muh bad. I knew it was Nora Wrexley, but for some reason I was thinking that was Poe's mum's name.

Even so, yeah... Retconning Horton out of Jedi is dumb.
>>
File: picard tea.jpg (363 KB, 800x610) Image search: [Google]
picard tea.jpg
363 KB, 800x610
>>47792278
Less "when" and more "if." I've only started reading through her history and still trying to figure out how many times she and Enterprise were in the same battle. Enterprise's appearances currently take priority because, y'know, muh starfighters.
>>
Myself and some friends are looking to start up an Imperial Assault campaign. I haven't played the game much, none of us have really.

I've got all the wave 1 stuff and a smattering of random packs lying around. Any suggestions or tips for relative newbies?
>>
Spacebump
>>
>>47792629
>PART OF THE GOVERNMENT

CIA operatives are part of the government but I think you'd still be kind of weirded out meeting one in person the first time. Regardless, there are only a few thousand of them in the entire galaxy and they wield magic powers that most people have barely heard described. Some guy living across the street from the Temple during the republic probably would be more familiar with them sure but some hick from Nar Shaddaa is only gonna know drinking stories. Plus the Jedi are pretty secretive and even have their own vault in their library and crap like that. Most citizens are likely not privy to Jedi "secrets"
>>
>>47792603
>TUNE IN NEXT WEEK FOR STAR WARS REBELS WHERE A NEW THREAT IS APPROACHING

>Thrawn: Ezra Bridger! your tricks may work on lesser men but I can assure you that you are no match for me!

>Ezra: I guess we'll see admiral PAWN! HA HA Catch me if you can!

>Thrawn: Why you- (slips on banana peel) WAAAA

>Ezra: Don't be blue my man! Better luck next time!

>DONT MISS A SECOND OF ACTION!
>>
File: 1246952268558.jpg (20 KB, 200x234) Image search: [Google]
1246952268558.jpg
20 KB, 200x234
>>47795376
While the nu-canon hasn't exactly been a bed of roses, I don't think anyone working on it could greenlight shitting on the pinnacle of the old EU like that.
R-right?
>>
>>47795410
Well Rebels so far has had Lando banging underage girls and Leia use some of the worst dialogue ever with Ezra to flirt(?) with him so I wouldn't be blow away
>>
>>47795410
If they greenlit Thrawn, then people would clamor for Pellaeon and Mara.

And Mara, while a women who kicks ass and takes names and who never suffers from the Depowering Grab Area, and (from a certain point of view) actively resists the happily ever after for some time.... look she's just too white.
Not that I'd mind a Latina/African Mara with a delicious booty, but you know what I mean.
>>
>>47795464
>Just too white

Ok I don't want to open up this stupid culture war bullshit again but seriously? One black guy and now there will never be white people? Rey is white!

But sexy redhead Mara vs sexy Latina or black Mara? Whoever wins we fucking win
>>
>>47795564
I was making a joke. Also, current EU doesn't seem like an environment where Mara WOULD come back. They're trying to 'move forward' by making the mistakes of the past and that means new characters and new worlds and entirely NEW realms of shlock!
>>
I have to honestly say... Of all the old-canon stuff that I think might get recanonized, Mara isn't one of them... At least with Shadows of the Empire, the YT-2400 and Black Sun are both official. So there's hope for Starvipers, Xizor, Guri, and totally-not-Han-Solo-guys!. Mara, while really fucking cool, and I loved her in the comics and Jedi Knight games, I just don't think we've got a chance of aeeing recanonized.

>Hi Rey, welcome to lost Jedi shit-hole! Only you and I are here, and my smoking hot redheaded wife who's going to tie you down and teah you how not to suck at the force.
>>
>>47795688
>by making the mistakes of the past

On that we can definitely agree. Tie-in media will always be the same, some great, some fuck awful, most mediocre. Just wait until they flush it all down the toilet again in 10 years when they decide to make another trilogy. ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT STAR WARS!
>>
>>47795564
>But sexy redhead Mara vs sexy Latina or black Mara? Whoever wins we fucking win
Can I cast my vote for vietnamese/laotian/general SEA Mara?
>>
>>47795731
>Tie you down and teach you how to not suck at the force

Where's Tailheads when you need him?
>>
File: Scout Biking.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
Scout Biking.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1280
>>47786551
I wonder if darkside girl would come out for a ride on my bike and some icecream?
>>
>>47795446
well when youre the only black guy in the universe what else is there to do?
>>
>>47795862
Probably. Scout troopers must get so much more poon than any other branch of the Corps.
>>
File: Cee-9EvW4AQi7Xu.jpg (50 KB, 600x616) Image search: [Google]
Cee-9EvW4AQi7Xu.jpg
50 KB, 600x616
>>47795896
>>47795862
>>47786551
>>
File: those furry cunts.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
those furry cunts.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>47795896
Downside is they get murdered and eaten by the natives a lot more than any other branch of the corps
>>
>>47796038
Everything has a price I suppose.
>>
>>47795464
Too white?... Oh, you're afraid of red-heads aren't you? Yeah wots face wouldn't last five minutes with a pissed Mara, her hair reflecting her temper.

All the while Finn takes it up from that pilot guy and C-3PO
>>
>>47796224
>Not wanting to get reamed by Poe

What are you gay?
>>
>>47787121
I've always been put off by TR's tech advancement. Like, Imperial heroes have to die for galactic technology to advance? Dumb.
>>
File: 03000c3d.jpg (90 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
03000c3d.jpg
90 KB, 800x450
>>47795322
how, how would they not be well known? They served as generals with FLEETS AND ARMIES NAMED AFTER THEM. Not to mention how they liked to lead from the front and usually were in the thick of the fighting.

How the fuck would they not be showing up in the news? Did the republic have a full media blackout? Entire planets being liberated clearly know who was leading the armies sent to save them if the shows are anything to go by.

There is no excuse whatsoever with the new movies and shows that people wouldnt know about them. Unless a planet had been removed from civilization for centuries, theyd had to have at least seen some news clippings of major victories, not to mention the fact that palpatine straight up wiped them out and told everyone about it.

Seriously, give me one good argument how civilized space at least wouldnt know about the jedi by a new hope. And Im talking a legitimate reason they wouldnt believe jedi exist. Because if theres something that makes this bullshit make sense I'd love to hear it. I get why say, Tatooine is largely not believing it given theyre a backwater who probably never got much news anyways, but a major world, like Coruscant or Corellia? Theres no way they wouldnt have old videos laying around or text.

The only way the "jedi were a myth" thing works is if the clone ears took place a hundred or more years ago from a New Hope's point of view. But thats obviously not true given Obi Wans age, not to mention that skywalker is in his 20's roughly and he was born at the end of episode III.

Basically Im just pissed that the prequels completely fucked up the mystery and feel the OT had and needed to vent. Im done now I promise.
>>
>>47796512
20 years of misinformation under a totalitarian regime has a tendency to distort the truth.
>>
>>47795376

Thrawn is alpng with Emperor, Tarkin and Vader as "Run away from" enemies in Rebels. There is only draws and loses
>>
>>47796512
I don't think anybody doubts the Jedi's existence in the OT. They just may not have perfect understanding of what they are. Sure people have heard that they were larger than life warriors with "mystical abilities," but would you neccessarily believe that? And if they were so magic, how'd they all get wiped out by regular troops? There are people who still believe that vaccines cause autism, so clearly even having access to information is no guarantee of belief. A good dose of imperial propaganda mixed with the regular amount of mistrust/misinformation about Jedi makes the mystical view of Jedi in the OT pretty believable. Throw in that they actually ARE magic and that shit sustains itself for generations
>>
>>47796672
Like the inquisitors? They handled that role so well I must have pissed myself with fear in every episode.
>>
>>47796512
the problem is that even in the OT, obi-wan was referred to as having been a general in the clone wars.
now, I think that a better way of handling that in the PT would have been for the jedi AS A WHOLE to have been a fairly mysterious organization, with obi-wan being something of a loose canon for openly serving in the republic's military. so instead of all jedi generals all the time, you have two, obi-wan and anakin, his protege. and hell, in a galactic scale war, one general is not going to be all that memorable, doubly so if obi-wan isn't openly calling himself a jedi, so that as far as the public knows, he's just another soldier, and especially if after the jedi purge (which should have been secret) starts, they just list him as "KIA in a starfighter crash" or somesuch late in the war and no public news source ever calls him a jedi after that.
twenty years on, and he'd just be a name recognized by history nerds and nobody else, just like about 99% of the generals in WWII, with none but a few (like bail organa) knowing that he was a jedi, too
>>
>>47796512

In addition to what others have said, consider the chances of actually getting to meet a Jedi, let alone actually discuss what the fuck their space mysticism is about. There are only, what, less than a hundred thousand before the Clone Wars? Consider this in a galaxy that has millions of people and countless worlds, the chances of actually running into one are infinitesimally small unless you're either directly participating in the war when and where they are, or are just lucky.

So this means that, as far as the average person is concerned, the Jedi are these distant religious figures that the Republic uses sometimes that are now generals. They've heard the rumors of the mystic powers, but never really seen them in action outside of what war footage might be available to the general public- something that I bet the Empire wasn't exactly super keen on distrusting outside of propaganda.

So, they can probably believe Jedi exist in most places, but what they do, what they stand for, how it all works? And really, again, people might remember the Jedi, but they don't remember them personally, and that's a kind of thing that can easily get lost in the confusion that was the transition to the Imperial government.
>>
>>47791238
>>47791295
>>47791330

can you still use evade token on this ?
>>
>>47797261
Nope. Because using an Evade token counts as if you rolled an Evade on the green die in addition to your roll.

It's really not that bad. Autoblaster Cannons are largely considered of questionable worth (5pts), and aren't even worth taking on Scyks for 21pts at cheapest. Autoblaster Turrets can be nasty, but have a very limited range of 1. So the best aces, like Soontir, can stay at Range bands 2 or 3 (The Ghost will never be above PS 7).
>>
>>47797904
As a very new player I was more thinking about having a lothal rebel autoblaster +accuracy correct protecting a dash rendar outrider HLC...
Wanted to be sure it works, because even if it's a dirt cheap list, i still want to buy useful ship for now (before going for the cards)
>>
>>47798010
It does indeed work. I would eventually recommend also getting a Millenium Falcon (they're fun, as well). That gets you Engine Upgrade. Toss an A-Wing blister in the mix, and you've got Push the Limit. Dash Rendar with Push the Limit, Kanan (from the Ghost), Outrider + HLC, and you've got "Super (Dooper) Dash". Super Dash is pretty fun, because he ignores obstacles during his maneuvering phase. And can reposition with Boost/Rolls, use Push the Limit, and burn the stress off with any White or Green maneuver (thanks to Kanan). A popular alternative is to give him Kyle Katarn instead, and make the video game special Super-Dash. Kyle makes it so that when Dash takes a green maneuver and burns off stress (from Push the Limit prior round), he gets a free focus out of it. If you Green Maneuver and Push the Limit every round, you're effectively giving Dash 3 actions a turn (Free Focus for removing stress, Action, Push the Limit for whatever other action you want).
>>
>>47795564
>changing Mara's ethnicity
That idea is as silly as Chinese Wedge. Can we get Samoan Baron Fel first?
>>
>>47798898
>Can we get Samoan Baron Fel first?
But that's already canon
>>
File: FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK.jpg (69 KB, 610x362) Image search: [Google]
FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK.jpg
69 KB, 610x362
>>47798931
Wait. Finally? The Baron has come back? How the fuck did I miss this?
>>
>>47798943
Old canon. You know, the only canon that matters. You've seen the image, you've posted it.
But for new can on...
Cold days these be for those of us of pacific ancestry, aye
>>
Spacebump
>>
What's everyone's favorite TCW episode?
And to keep it RPG-related, which would you consider best for adapting into a tabletop adventure?
>>
>>47799554
honestly anything involving droids, bounty hunter or little jedi (before being padawan) would provide the best stories. the other 60 episodes of TCW are pewpewboomboom..
>>
>>47799554
The Gathering (season 5)
Where the little Padawans go off to find their crystals. I loved that episode.
>>
Hey guys, what do X-Wing Imperial Veterans and a gay relationship between Poe Dameron and Finn have in common?

they're both shipping
>>
What do you guys think of running a Scum HWK-290 with the Cloaking Device+Stygium and nothing else, just as a support piece. So you're always flitting about with 4 defence dice triggering Palob or Torkhil but never engaging in combat?
>>
>>47799792
I watched that after that d20 campaign I vented to you guys about a while back. Really good stuff.

Incidentally, that campaign has been shelved indefinitely, owing to two players (mother and her 11 year old son) no longer going to the roleplaying club any more; basically, she got tired of her son being exposed to stories she considered age-inappropriate e.g. torture, brutal murder, and will only let him roleplay if it's stuff like Ryutaama and Toon, and he does it with kids his own age, and she's the one running the game.

I can see where she's coming from, but I feel like she's digging her heels in a bit too much (doesn't help that other people from the club got defensive about her badmouthing roleplaying in general on facebook). Anyway, the reason I mention this is because apparently the kid's Jedi PC was going to have a big reveak where his master who was killed in front of him was alive the whole time, and was the campaign's big Sith villain.
>>
>>47800861
It's a good idea for repositioning with that awful dial, but ~25 points not actively engaged might be too much.
>>
Ok, when Imperial Vets comes out that's pretty much all I'll play for a while. Scum I've been doing up until now, so I feel I need to play rebs a bit.

Recommend me some cool Rebel squadrons, please.
>>
>>47801497
Do you want to win, or do you want to have a laugh?
>>
File: ImperialList.png (93 KB, 658x676) Image search: [Google]
ImperialList.png
93 KB, 658x676
Got a tourney coming up. Which list should I play? This one, or...
>>
File: ScumList.png (72 KB, 673x614) Image search: [Google]
ScumList.png
72 KB, 673x614
>>47801565
This one?

I've been playing the Scum one a bit, and I like it's synergy, but sometimes you just have gotta Imp out, you know?
>>
>>47786903

It's off the boat and shipping to stores.

Should be available within two weeks.
>>
>>47801565
Swap 1 cluster for proton torps, swap Juke and mk1 for crack and autothrusters. I'd go with this one.

>>47801547
I already had regionals and I'm not going to anything higher. I can pretty much win with anything, so get creative.
>>
>>47801789
>>
>>47801840
Looks neat. I might swap wired for PtL, downgrade the torps to flechettes, and upgrade to a TLT. Looks fun, though.
>>
>>47796887
Usually I find Star Wars has a bad time with scale but there being only 10,000 Jedi and trillions of people in the galaxy does a lot to support this.
>>
>>47801565
I like the Juke Barons. Forget what the other guy said... Getting a free evade for Target Locking is nice. Having the Evade also fuck up your opponent's defense rolls, combined with target locks, does a lot to make up for 2 attack dice.

I like the Inp one, but I'm going to say go Scum. The combo is good, although I've always found Latts to be a giant target. I try to keep her cheap because of that... If you drop the Electro Baffles, Inertial Dampener and Tactical Jammer; you could upgrade the Khyraxzz to Talonbane and give him Adaptability and either Glitterstim or the Cloaking Device. I've found a 30pt Talon with Cloak to be pretty efficient.
>>
>>47802494
The problem I always find with lower PS Juke users is you often have to spend the token before you can fire, or you hold on to it for juking and take damage when you shouldn't. The title does give great action economy. Autos and crack still lets you force damage through and makes you even harder to hit.

Personal preference.
>>
>>47803039
It's going to be sweet when the TIE Shuttle is out and Systems Officer is in game: You can Target Lock, Evade and Focus in one turn.
>>
File: TIE_Lander.jpg (191 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
TIE_Lander.jpg
191 KB, 500x387
>>47803233
>TIE Shuttle
Which one? Sienar made at least three shuttle variants.
>>
>>47803306
So how do people pronounce that?
See-nar?
Sigh-en-ar?
Sigh-nar?
I said 'Sigh-nar' the other day and someone corrected me, but then he went on to call Boba Fett 'Bob-ba' so opinion discarded, amirite?
>>
>>47803351
My headpronunciation is Sign-Ar
>>
>>47803351
No clue. I prefer See-en-ar.
>>
>>47803351
I always said "Sigh en ar".
Silly person, Bobba is someone different.
>>
>>47803039
Crackshot is undeniably a sleeper hit from th Khyraxxz release, but meh... I haven't had much issue with Juke and low(er) PS ships. I find you want to get Evade tokens anyways, and you are effectively making the Evade token always good to have. Either you spend it to negate some possible damage, or you don't need to use it and you have it for Juke. It's not too unlike having a Focus token with low PS pilots.

Tie Shuttle with Fleet Officer will definitely make the Barons with Juke a lot more potent... Handing out free Focus on top of an Evade and Target Lock, is fucking gold. Even at 2 attack.
>>
>>47803351
I've always said Sigh-Nar personally
>>
>>47803351
My cousin is named Siena and that is pronounced See-En-Ah so I've always pronounced it See-En-Ar
>>
>>47803351
I always probounced it Syen-Ar. Like "Yen", but with an S at the beginning.
>>
>>47803351
I've always pronounced it "Sai-En-Arr", though it might be because i speak swedish as my main language..
>>
Gearing up for ImpVets with some list brainstorming. Would this be a asshole list to bring to the next store tourney?

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!51:170,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:35:17:u.183,u.95;50:126,-1,13,-1,-1:-1:25:;50:126,-1,13,-1,-1:-1:25:;50:126,-1,13,-1,-1:-1:25:&sn=Gamma%20Burst%20Missiles
>>
>>47804750
Seems fine. Might have a rough go against arc dodgers, so a mine layer might be a good option.
>>
>>47804750
>>47804896
Maybe if i chuck out Extra munitions on the last Gamma in favor for Ion Bombs? I've found that Ion Bombs are pretty good for dealing with/stalling arc dodgers
>>
>>47805036
How about this?

TIE Bomber: Gamma Squadron Veteran (19)
Crack Shot (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE Bomber: Gamma Squadron Veteran (19)
Crack Shot (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE Bomber: Scimitar Squadron Pilot (16)
Extra Munitions (2)
Conner Net (4)
TIE Bomber: · Captain Jonus (22)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE Shuttle (0)
Fleet Officer (3)
Systems officer (2)

2 reliable ordnance platforms, a support ship, and a bomber to help against arc dodgers.
>>
>>47805635
Yeah that looks much better than my list actually. Gamma Buddies list is go
>>
>>47803351
I always said "Sie-nar", like Pie except with an S.
>>
>>47803351
Sigh-nar

The only in universe pronunciation I heard in the clone wars said it the same way
>>
>>47795322
i have met one though. he was a nice older guy. didnt talk much. it wasnt weird at all
>>
>>47805985
How would you have felt if you knew he could manipulate your thought process without you knowing?
Maybe he did

That was one of the points of grief joe schmoe on the street had with the the jedi: them being unregulated mindbenders.

much like any US alphabet soup agency
>>
>>47805985
I thought that anyone who was in the Company wasn't supposed to talk about it.
>>
>>47806155
Don't be ridiculous. US alphabet agencies aren't mindbenders. They just dissapear you if you don't think the way they want you to, citizen.
>>
>>47806155
>at was one of the points of grief joe schmoe on the street had with the the jedi: them being unregulated mindbenders.
Do you have a single fact to back this up as being an actual in-universe thing?
Or is it like this?
>it's an anon confuses things he read on reddit for canon episode
>>
>>47806785
It's heavily implied in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous and Outbound Flight. And outright stated in the Republic Commando/Imperial Commando series
>>
File: 1362708734184.jpg (134 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1362708734184.jpg
134 KB, 400x400
>>47806932
>My source is Karen Traviss
>>
>>47807000
So? The RepCom/ImpCom series and her other Clone Wars books are actually really good. I wouldn't touch anything written by her set after the clone wars with a ten-foot forecepike though.

Sure she gets a bit heavy on the mando side in the later books but fuck it. I'd take ten Karen Traviss books over a single Wendig book any day
>>
>>47807000
>PROVIDE A SOURCE
>here's a source
>I DO NOT LIKE YOUR SOURCE SO IT DOESN'T COUNT
>>
>>47807106
Well his source isn't canon anon.

Not to mention Traviss had a jedi hate boner.
>>
>>47807148
Don't forget where she was the cause of the ridiculous mandowank.
>>
>>47807148
If we're going by nuCanon everyone is sucking Jedi cock and if you don't like having your private thought violated you're a Imperial Nazi New Order Fanboi
>>
>>47807148
So you'd rather have SMS-speak "Herkiliy-jerkily" Wendig than Traviss?

at least Traviss is readable without getting a rage-induced heartattack
>>
>>47807409
Who said anything about Wendig? His shit sucks, but it's technically canon.
>>
Just starting to look at age of rebellion.

How well does the game function with the players as sort of an isolated force? Like one where they have connections to the rebellion and can sometimes get things from them but at the same time they're only a small rebel cell and their actions are mostly up to themselves.

I feel like running a rebellion game but at the same time I don't think my players would like a rigid military structure type game. They like to have control over what the party does and I don't feel like having to court marshal them because they thought of an unorthodox way to do something (do the rebels court marshal? i have no idea).

Also what might cause this isolation? I'm thinking the party is on an outer rim world that neither the empire nor the rebels value -that- damn much but damnit it's the party's planet and they want it liberated. That or its the super early days of the rebellion where shit isn't quite off the ground yet and the rebels simply cannot oversee everything the PCs do and trust their judgement a lot more.
>>
>>47807464
oh well, you'll choose your canon, I'll choose mine.
>>
>>47807466
Rebel cells usually have a very high autonomy factor. most cells are pretty much "as long as you don't massacre civvies you're OK" with some more strict and some less so.

Court Marshall is usually only applied to those in the regular rebel alliance military/navy
>>
>>47807466

Yes, easily. In fact, Contribution Rank models that pretty well, at character creation you are only moderately trusted operatives and contacts, and you can't hardly get anything out of the Alliance besides maybe they gave you the starting resources. Only by increasing Duty and increasing your Contribution rank does the Alliance actually, start liking or trusting you to the point where they might lend strategic assets or offer something like a capital ship.

I recommend looking up Desperate Allies, that has some base-building rules in it you'll find important.

As per Rebels, the pre-Yavin alliance is mostly disparate cells with their own resource pools, who get by via pooling intel and occasionally resources between agents and cells.
>>
>>47807553
Choose legends all you want. Just don't be butthurt when it gets overwritten, or ommitted. Because it will.
>>
Anybody got that Darth Memeus the Dank screencap?
>>
>>47807998
>Just don't be butthurt
>said while admonishing somone over which make believe spaceman stories to like.

Looks like somebody needs to take their own advice.
>>
File: 58Dash.jpg (108 KB, 583x596) Image search: [Google]
58Dash.jpg
108 KB, 583x596
I looking for something to pair with Super Dash (sub Kanan for Katarn). Right now I'm running a pair of A-Wings but I'm open to ideas.

Green Squad Pilot: A-Wing test pilot, Chardaan Refit, Autothrusters, Veteran Instincts, Crackshot
>>
Do you guys base coat the fighters for Armada? or is the color there fine?
>>
>>47809706
Sure, that's one option. Here's another:

LOTHAL REBEL (35 POINTS)
Accuracy Corrector(3), Autoblaster Turret(2), Nien Nunb(1), Zeb Orrelios(1)

Crash right into your enemies and plink them to death while Dash skirts around the fringe being a dick hahahahaaHAAA
>>
>>47809205
Anon, >>47807998 is just stating facts.

One is canon, the others are fanfiction.
>>
>>47809858
I usually base cot just to be careful, but I've seen people just go for it and turn out well.
>>
>>47810011
>cot
*coat
>>
File: Star Wars Insider 23, 1994.jpg (589 KB, 1659x2173) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Insider 23, 1994.jpg
589 KB, 1659x2173
>>47809980
>One is canon, the others are fanfiction.

Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Also, its not really fanfiction if the license holder hires you to write a novel for them.
>>
Story time, not sure how amusing it will be.

>Played very first RPG this weekend. Group of 5 starting an Age of Rebellion
>GM has never GM'd before, most of us have never played before, knew this was going to be a shitfest for our first time based on "that guy" stories from /tg/
>GM is also more of an artist, less of a story teller.
>I rolled a Duros Engineer/Mechanic with a Tool Kit, Utility Belt, Slugthrower pistol and respirator as my starting kit.
>Others in party are a Human with computer skills and splicer kit, a Twi'lek raised as a Spy with a knife, a former Chiss military pilot who has reformed, and a Bothan? rogue.
>"So the five of you strangers meet on a landing platform, drawn there at the request of a mutual friend. He arrives in his ship, disembarks and greets you all enthusiastically."
>"Security forces arrive on foot to the landing platform and call for your friend to turn himself over to them."
>"He says 'Stall them!' and attempts to start the ship, which sputters and dies."
This was apparently meant to be an 'Oh shit' moment for our characters, we begin to discuss our plan of action.
>Asking what our options are, getting a lot of "You cans".
>Ask, "Wait, I'm an Engineer, can't I just fix the ship?"
>*pause* "You... can..." with the sound of realization dawning in his voice
>"Oh, okay."
>Perform initiative rolls
>Human tries to seal the door to stop reinforcements. Fails but discovers an alarm was sounded somewhere unrelated to her attempt to seal the door.
>Chiss attempts to threaten the guards by mounting in one of the ships turrets and fails.
>Twi'lek rummages through some boxes and finds a pistol
>Bothan puts on his disguise as a dock worker and tries to load the boxes into the ship, falling flat on his face instead
>Duros hops in the ship, fixes it, everything back to working order.
>Next turn, guards are closing in

To be continued...
>>
>>47811227
>Everyone hops into the ship, Duros fires pistol at guards wounding them, ship flies away
"Alright, what happens now?"- Us
"That was actually all I had set up. I was expecting you guys to fight the guards."
>In what Star Wars movie has anyone ever sat around and fought with their backs against the wall like that?
>We laugh it off and GM sends us to Tatooine stand-in.
>Walk around market looking for a guy for our NPC friend
>Bothan spots some poison, attempts to steal it and succeeds, but is noticed and alerts authorities
>Everyone else does the equivalent of whistling innocently and getting very far away from the Bothan as quickly as possible.

And that was the end my first experience with an RPG.
>>
>>47811289
>>47811227
Sounds like you're living the Fringer Dream, anon. Good job!
>>
>>47811289
> Players go off the rails
> GM rolls with it and improvs something setting-appropriate
10/10 would game with.
>>
>>47810385
>Doesn't mean it didn't happen.
None of it happened. It's make believe space wizards. Whether a multinational entertainment conglomerate endorses a piece of fiction or not has no bearing whatsoever on your personal appreciation of it.
>>
Why no one has ever told the Rebel Alliance has a HARD MAN MAKING HARD DECISIONS! that is Eneb Ray? It was about time the EU formally gave us a rebel character who wasn't a nice guy at all.
>>
>>47801301
Yeah GMing for kids is very hard, to some extent I can understand the mum being restrictive on 11y/o's exposure but provided its all explained and an adult's present, generally its a good experience for them.
One of my friends son's joined us about the age of 12 years ago as a pretty quiet, mathematically inept kid that hated reading.
He's now finished high school, confident at public speaking, an excellent reader, very good with maths and starting a technical trade- so I always think RPG's have that to offer people as well as inspiring problem solving skills and imagination. Two factors which are sadly lacking in conventional education systems but I think are vital as life skills.

Oh and our games aren't PG anymore! hooray!
>>
>>47812724
>a rebel character who wasn't a nice guy at all
You mean aside from Borsk "Best Bothan" Fey'lya, Keyan Farlander,Tomer Darpen, Castin Donn, Kyle Katarn before he mellowed out, and that one corrupt officer Lara Notsil busted?
>>
>>47813402

First post Legends character
>>
On /swg/'s advice I flew this Rebel squad tonight. I don't get much practice with them, so the inspiration is appreciated.

Attack Shuttle: · Ezra Bridger (20)
Push The Limit (3)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Hull Upgrade (3)
· Jan Ors (2)
T-70 X-Wing: Red Squadron Veteran (26)
Juke (2)
· BB-8 (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Comm Relay (3)
T-70 X-Wing: Red Squadron Veteran (26)
Juke (2)
Targeting Astromech (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Comm Relay (3)

I went 3-0 with it tonight. Beat a mixed scum (Zuckuss, Talonbane, torpedo boat), rebels (X, A, VCX), and a tie swarm with howl and omega leader.

Juke on Xs is silly and Ezra is impossibly tanky. Really fun squad.
>>
File: TruceatBakura.png (3 MB, 869x1300) Image search: [Google]
TruceatBakura.png
3 MB, 869x1300
The Truce at Bakura is pretty all right, everything considered. It starts strong, with an emergency distress message reaching Endor just after the Rebel victory. Aliens have invaded an Imperial-held world and Alliance Command sees it as the perfect opportunity to go “Hearts and Minds” and rescue the planet and sway it to join the New Republic.

So we have Leia leading the diplomatic efforts and Luke put in charge of the escort carrier and fighter squadrons they could scrape together on short notice and they all head out to Bakura to fight the mysterious Ssi-Ruuk, and then all hell breaks loose when the truce breaks down.

What's good: Luke is exhausted and injured from his confrontation with the Emperor. He badly needs rest but can't because of his obligations (and because Ben told him to go to Bakura). He struggles with command, trying to heal, resisting Dark Side temptation, detecting a Force user among the Ssi-Ruuk, and wanting to give a pretty young Imperial Senator the dick.

Leia wrestles with being Vader's daughter, and even gets a visit from Anakin's ghost who asks for forgiveness and she yells at him and tells him to fuck off.

Bakura is a cool setting. A nice world settled by a corporate interest that has such a successful repulsorlift industry that they use the technology for the most mundane stuff, like chairs. They also hate droids because of a droid uprising in the past and they've only been officially incorporated into the Empire for a short time.

The new characters are pretty solid. Commander Pter Thanas and his Carrack cruiser flagship are hardy and an excellent example of a Good Guy Imperial, who's been assigned to Bakura disobeying orders as punishment. Thanas is a bro. shame that he dies off-camera in a later book

cont
>>
>>47813531
Governor Wilek Nereus isn't a cartoonishly evil dictator at first He rules Bakura with a fairly open hand, letting them have their own senate. His scheme to infest Luke with parasites then hand him over to the Ssi-Ruuk to infest them isn't totally stupid

Dev Sibwarra, the Ssi-Ruuk's 15 year old ambiguously brown fuckbo--, er, pet human they use to keep people calm while they entech them (more on that later). He's Force sensitive and in full Stockholm Syndrome with the aliens. He WANTS to be enteched into a battle droid, but eventually the brainwashing wears off thanks to Luke and becomes Luke's apprentice until he dies of horrible wounds sustained in battle

Gaeriel Captison, the young Bakuran Senator. She's cool with the Empire at first and fears Jedi and their abilities. She's also got the Mary Sue traits of heterochromia and something about her presence in the Force is like Jedi viagra to Luke. HOWEVER, she's not good at everything, only diplomacy (she's shit in a gunfight), and she eventually chooses her planet over Luke.

The Ssi-Ruuk are absolute assholes who don't believe anything except them have souls. Entechment, the procedure of sucking the life energy and consciousness of a living being (humans work best) to power their droids and electronic systems, is fucking horrifying. Also, their spaceships are built without human considerations like chairs or stairways, which is a nice touch. They want Skywalker because through a powerful Force user, they could entech people from a distance

Combat and the overall plot is good, Space combat especially stands out. Wedge gets a great moment early on as he's manually preventing a self-destruct mechanism on the SOS probe with only his space suit keeping him alive until Luke rescues him.

cont
>>
>>47813550
The ending is also surprisingly bittersweet, with Luke succeeding in his mission but losing his flagship, a cute girl who was interested in him, and a promising apprentice

The bad: The “romance” between Luke and Gaeriel comes off as forced and hackneyed. Its a good thing its broken off by the end.Governor Nereus' betrayal was inevitable, but near the end he's shown to have an obsession with hunting game and personally claiming their teeth, including Human teeth. I get why he needed to be elevated to “weird sociopath” from “competent, but a dick” but it still feels lazy. Captain Tessa Manchisco and the crew of the Flurry are terribly under-utilized RIP in Pieces. The middle also drags its feet a little where its mostly just diplomatic posturing.

Leia's written...weirdly. Governor Nereus opens negotiations by saying he'll tolerate the Rebel presence, but will not tolerate seditious behavior. Leia immediately begins trying to stir up seditious behavior and poking around looking for pockets of resistance. Then, when she, the Prime Minister and a senior Senator get arrested, the way the scene is written makes it sound like she knows the old Senator is having a heart attack and instead of bringing it up, she headbutts the governor in his tummy to start a fight. Its...odd.

All that said, The Truce at Bakura is on the better end of the spectrum. Its fun, the combat stuff is great, the Ssi-Ruuvi threat is a serious one and they're solid, if one-dimensional, villains. Not as good as the top tier, but still recommended.

Its also got Han shoving Threepio into Stormtrooper armor to create a distraction, which is worth the mental image.
>>
>>47813570
>The “romance” between Luke and Gaeriel comes off as forced and hackneyed. Its a good thing its broken off by the end.
Well, the inevitable train of "women who want to bang Luke but it isn't in the cards" had to start somewhere
>>
File: Lumiya.png (209 KB, 219x638) Image search: [Google]
Lumiya.png
209 KB, 219x638
>>47814081
Oh it started earlier than that.

Leia was the first one
>>
File: wc3 mark hamill.jpg (19 KB, 600x293) Image search: [Google]
wc3 mark hamill.jpg
19 KB, 600x293
>>47814081
That train may have started with Leia, almost certainly had plenty of frustrated passengers right after Yavin, increased every time Rogue Squadron made headlines, and only got longer after he married.
>>
>>47814144
>>47814229
I was referring to bantam's 90s "girl of the trilogy of the week" thing till Zann stepped in, mostly
>>
>>47814279
Yeah, that was one of the weaker parts of that era. Can't "wait" till I get to the Callista trilogy
>>
>>47809978
Zeb only goes off for the shooting phase activation. The end of turn shot if you have the title and Phantom docked, doesn't get Zeb's ability.
>>
I'm a rebel player without about $60 to spend on X-wing Minis and I've got the TFA starter, rebel aces, the millennium falcon, 2 a-wings, a b-wing, a k-wing and a y-wing, what would you guys recommend I purchase? I was thinking the rebel transport or the ghost.
>>
>>47812724
Bel Iblis actually left the Alliance because he was afraid that Mon Mothma was going to replace Palpatine instead of depose him. He made some hard decisions.

I mean, not VERY hard, but he's no saint.
>>
File: Untitled-11.jpg (42 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-11.jpg
42 KB, 590x590
>>47814994
Ghost is both good and a lot of fun, the Transport is neat but if you're competitive it's more like a tax for the couple of really good cards it contains. The original core set is worth getting for all the stuff you basically get for free at the cost of two ships

I'd highly recommend the stand-alone T-70 which comes with IA, Red Ace and Ello Asty who not unlike the Ghost are both really good and really fun, and the T-70 is just a good ship.
>>
So....

http://venturebeat.com/2016/06/15/that-cancelled-star-wars-live-action-show-inspired-the-new-god-of-war/

>“It was the most mind-blowing thing I’d ever experienced. I cared about the Emperor. They made the Emperor a sympathetic figure who was wronged by this fucking heartless woman. She’s this hardcore gangster, and she just totally destroyed him as a person.
>I almost cried while reading this. This is the Emperor, the lightning out of the fingers Emperor. That’s something magical. The writers who worked on that, guys from The Shield and 24, these were excellent writers.”

Thoughts?
>>
>>47809706
>Kyle Katarn instead of Kanan Jarrus aka "I have a 16 green moves dial"

What is this, 2014 ?
>>
>>47814496
As there's no title card in the picture and no Phantom in the list, your comment is irrelevant.
>>
>>47816045
>They made the Emperor a sympathetic figure who was wronged by this fucking heartless woman.
>they made the emperor an emo cuck who actually has a heart of gold
Sounds terrible to be desu
>>
>>47813570

Truce of Bakura started and continues my undying love affair with that Flurry/Escort carrier.
>>
>>47816533

Good ol Quasar Fire-class Escort Carrier.
>>
>>47814994
You'll only be able to play the Transport in epic games, so keep that in mind.
>>
>>47807466
>>47807624
It's "court martial".

Sorry.
>>47812906
Yeah, best case scenario is that he comes back to the club when he's 13, maybe 14 (she's kind of a helicopter parent). And you're right, a parent should know what will most likely happen in a campaign/session... but those two have been in a survival horror one-shot, in spite of the GM telling them "No really, fucked up shit will go down". Like I said, I don't think the problem's insurmountable... but it's definitely ticklish.
>>47814144
Oh, post-ROTJ Marvel Star Wars comics... you had about five good issues at most, and I can only remember three of them.
>>
>>47814994
Transport is only used in Epic, but that's ok because Epic is fun as fuck.

Ghost has a lot of good pilots and upgrades. The vcx is becoming a workhorse of the alliance for its durability and versatility.

I'd highly recommend a YT-2400 because Dash is fun as fuck to fly.
>>
File: Durge_comic.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Durge_comic.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>47786551
I have a few questions. First one is do other members other Durge's race go full metal insane like him as they get up there in the years, or is Durge just crazy because of his age and torture? Second one is if the later's the case just how crazy do Gen'Dai become? Not as homicidal as Durge, or just insane but not homicidally insane in the membrane? And for something completely unrelated to the first set of questions why are Stormtroopers bad shots again? A running gag that has gone on for too long?
>>
>>47803351
In the Clone Wars tv show and the old EU audiobooks it's pronounced "Sigh-nar," so that's what I'm going with.
>>
>>47817610
There's been multiple "in-universe" reasons for why stormtroopers have been shit shots over the years, from the fact that conscript training isn't all that rigorous to the fact that E-11s need a LOT of upkeep to keep from their shots misaligning often. That said the LOL STORMTROOPER AIM thing is just meme made flesh, Stormtroopers pretty much got shit done in some capacity whenever they showed up in the OT with the exception of the Death Star. Also Ewoks but that tide mostly turned from Chewie stealing that AT-ST.
>>
>>47818650
I always looked at the shit-tier death-star stormtroopers as being the "J-Battalion". The low-end dregs, because all the veteran battalions are in use elsewhere.
>>
File: stan2.png (55 KB, 197x178) Image search: [Google]
stan2.png
55 KB, 197x178
>>47816055
>(sub Kanan for Katarn)

Come on man
>>
>>47818729
The in-universe explanation is still "Tarkin wanted them to fuck off so they'd lead the DS to the rebel base" I believe.
That said Battlefront 2 had exactly what you described happen shortly after it was operational.
>>
>>47818650
Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>47819767
Any time. Talking about pointless star wars minutia is why i'm here.
>>
>>47809706
One of the things I like about Kanan, is that for Dash it's an even toss-up between the two. Kyle makes you into a big turret Sonntir for 60-ish points, by giving you a focus when you shed stress (freeing you up to boost, roll, or lock). Kanan opens up that dial and allows you to avoid restricting yourself to JUST green maneuvers with Super Dash.
>>
>>47816249
If you're going to take Autoblasters and Accuracy Correctors, at least fucking take the Phantom to make your R1 a death-zone for Interceptors.
>>
>>47818899
>limiting yourself to 4 green move and being ultra predictable so imperial aces can be 100% sure to 100-0 you.
>>
>>47819801
Well then it wouldn't fit in the list it was recommended for alongside Super Dash, would it?
>>
>>47819829
Girls, girls, both your Rainbow Dashes are pretty.

Seriosuly, Kanan and Kyle are equally good on Dash. One frees you from having to take Focus actions, the other gives you an entire dial of green maneuvers. I've played against both, and they're both equally good choices. It comes down to your own subjective preferencr.
>>
>>47819903
You're right.
>>
>>47819976
what's a focus action good for if the opponents know we're you'll land every time?
>>
>>47820076
You know what's great about this in-built assumption assumption that stress=green move next turn? It really fucks your opponent up when you perform your biggest white move instead, throw four unmodified dice at him (maybe score a hit or two) and then green after you're safe.

I can't tell you how many times I've thrown my opponent off their game, and subsequently won, by busting out a 4-white forward when their dial was set to counter my supposed gentle 1-bank.
>>
>>47820076
Because that focus comes for free from taking one of the greeb maneuvers and shedding stress. Which allows you to keep your 2 actions (PtL) open with barrel roll and boost, or lock if needed. Couple that with Dash's complete disregard for obstacles, and it's not that easy to pinpoint where he's going to be. Higher PS aces only compensate with their own repositioning maneuvers, which don't cover quite as much ground as the YT.
>>
So my LGS has put out the call for interesting X-wing tournament ideas to spice up our monthly. Here's mine:

>Strange Bedfellows
>Select your 'main' faction
>You may add 1 additional ship from another faction to your squad, paying an additional 5 squad points for that ship.
>Faction-specific restrictions on upgrade cards remain in place on a ship-by-ship basis.

Is this too broken? Is the 5 point tax too extreme to make faction-mixing useful?
>>
>>47820294
I'd play it.
I'd play the fuck out of it, and build a list to run both Wedge and The Baron together.
>>
>>47820294
Sounds fun, but some autists will fight you on 'faction mixing' and fluff.
>>
>>47820294
That sounds fun.

Not sure if I'd run omega leader or Biggs with 2 torpedo boats.
>>
>>47820162
>wow i fuck my opponent so hard by shooting 4 shot at him while not taking any action

So like Kana does every-turn except you can focus every-turn while being as unpredictable ?

>I can't tell you how many times I've thrown my opponent off their game, and subsequently won, by busting out a 4-white forward when their dial was set to counter my supposed gentle 1-bank.

Imagine doing that but with a focus instead. Imagine how many more games you would have won.
>>
>>47790196
And the Fourth Doctor, apparently. This is not what I expected to see in Marvel Comics.
>>
Kreia did nothing wrong.
>>
>>47807059
ugh don't remind me

republic commando was nice too

>i hate these stupid overpowered assholes that every story revolves around
>so i'm gonna power up these other assholes and shoehorn them into fucking everything
>i wish i could kill Luke Skywalker for humiliating my husbando Fett
>guess I'll have to make do with his wife
>>
>>47820576
HLC Dash always will suffer from the donut hole effect when against higher PS aces. Mangler Dash builds sacrifice one of those attack dice, for having full range attacks. Plus if something goes through, it's always a crit.

It's a fairly even toss-up. I think Kanan benefits the HLC build more, but Mangler Dash with Kyle works because there is no "safe range 1" to hide in.

Dash's major problem will always be his low PS, and wanting to take all the actions. Vet Instincts doesn't work very well for him, because he wants to reposition over and through obstacles with impunity while still getting dice modification.
>>
>>47798010
Leave the Outrider, a kitted out Chewbacca does wonders against Ace lists
>I play Imperial Aces
>>
>>47801840
I don't want to be a jerk, but comm relay only let's you keep an evade, a T70 can't get one in the first place.
>>
>>47820828
Most of the T-70 Juke/Comm-Relay lists either use Red Ace for the Evade trigger, or Jan Ors. Jan lets them focus up first couple of turns, and switch out their focus tokens for Evades, which they then bank on the Comm Relay.
>>
>>47820743
Mangler Dash is pretty bad, pham.

3 dice, even with TL + focus, may as well be nothing against autothrusters. If you want Dash, you just have to outfly aces and build the rest of your list to fight them off. That's why I pair him with chopper. That Droid is amazing at blocking and causing chaos while Dash skips merrily across the table.
>>
>>47820828
During your first few turns you use Jan Ors to convert one focus per T70 to an evade. The T70s never spend their focus on defence, only to convert Juke. Comm Relay makes this Jan Ors trick only necessary once.
>>
>>47820946
I disagree. Mangler Dash is *only bad against Autothruster aces with 4 agility dice. E.G. The Soontir build it always gets compared to. It does alright against anything not stacking evade+focus+4green+Autothrusters with the liklihood of a Palpatine. But any Dash, even the HLC Kanan one, has issues against that (although admittedly that has more to do with diving into the hole). Against anything without absurd amounts of damage mitigation (*cough* Fel), he does alright against it.

Dash's main problem is, and will always be, high PS aces of the arc-dodgy nature. Nothin new there. Kanan just sacrifices the crazy action economy for a bit more unpredictability.
>>
>>47821103
He's only bad against things that HLC Dash is bad against. So why take it over HLC?
>>
>>47821435
So that you don't get ass-reamed by Poe at R1 without a chance to shoot back. Or anything else that isn't an Interceptor with Stealth, Thrusters, PtL, and a Palpatine on board.
>>
>>47822198
Poe will ream mangler Dash too. You have a good chance of getting 3 hits, 2 of which he blocks and the 3rd he regenerates at the end of the turn or next turn.

Mangler just doesn't do enough damage. I flew it for a good while, went to a couple tournies and it is just not good enough of an alternative.
>>
File: 1464783353821.jpg (197 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
1464783353821.jpg
197 KB, 497x732
>>47786758
So my campaign completely changed.
>Sci-Fi Western set after TFU's darkside ending
>Basically, after the public execution of Mon, Bail, and Iblis, all political outspeakers (with exception of Leia) conformed or silenced
>With no real opposition, Darth Starkiller and the rest of the Empire proceeded to come down hard on the criminal underworld and other misfits
>This spurs many characters who would have never considered rebellion into action
>The founding members of the Outer Rim Resistance are as follows:
>Raymus Antilles (Out of respect for Bail and personal duty)
>Han Solo (Inadvertently dragged in by Chewy)
>Chewy (Volunteered)
>Kyle Katarn (In this universe, Morgan Katarn was publicly murdered by Darth Starkiller)
>Jan Ors (Same reason she joined in Legends)
>Tyber Zahn (After personally witnessing
Darth Starkiller's Savagery, he decided the Empire is bad for business. Takes over IIblis' role the edgier one)
>Yoda (Felt the shifting of the force as Vader died and decided that exile was not the best course of action. He's the one who brought Chewy and subsequently Han into this)
>The PCs are a bunch of scum trying make a living on a rapidly harsher outerrim when the Death Star Plans unknowingly stumble into their possessions.
Does this sound like an ok setting?
>>
>>47822626
Mobile's a bitch.
>>
>>47822367
That's a dicto-simpliciter fallacy. For starters, Poe does not automatically block two damage, nor does he automatically regen shields. The 3 main astro builds are R2-D2, which limits you to easily outflown green maneuvers; R5-P9, which makes Poe want to hold onto his Focus when he would otherwise want to spend it (e.g. rolling 2 focus for defense against hit crit crit); and the hyper maneuverable BB-8, who easily dives into R1 but lacks the shield regen abilities of the other two.

Secondly, you are also applying anecdotal fallacy based upon your own experience. So you naturally have come to the conclusion that because you didn't fair well with Mangler Dash, it must not be as good. I also have used it, and seen it used by many players. Which is also anecdotal. My (completely anecdotal) findings are that it does do decent damage, as anything that hits hull is guaranteed to include a crit. Whereas with HLC this is most frequently not the case.

I think it's safe to say that the worst cannons to put on Dash, are Tractor, Ion, Flechette, and Autoblaster. Either because the damage is limited and insignifcant, or the range limitation is too great. Bias aside, HLC is the power hitter with the R1 no-shoot zone. And Mangler is the cheaper option that doesn't have any range limitation to worry about, and guarantees at least 1 crit result.
>>
>>47814279

Zahn kind of touched it off when he introduced Mara, which led to every writer afterwards trying to outdo him by introducing a new love interest for luke. The inevitable problem was that because none of them could write as well as Zahn could, they all sucked.
>>
Anons, I'm running a game that has wound up on Demesel. I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with the situation it's in, being basically run by the underworld there.

So far, I've figured that as a crime lord, Glasfir the Second probably has minions to handle some ventures for him. So I set up one that the PCs have met, and am trying to piece together more of the situation before my next session.

Also to note: Setting is post-Legacy Era, because that gives me the most toys to play with.
>>
File: jarjarJPEG1-998x576.jpg (80 KB, 998x576) Image search: [Google]
jarjarJPEG1-998x576.jpg
80 KB, 998x576
Wrote this for a friend. Should I do more?

Jar Jar slowly slid his long, prehensile penis into my ass. I tightened with hesitation. Interspecies sex was so, so wrong...but this felt so right. I could feel his tight, amphibian abs against my back, flexing as he manuevered his body close to me. With a whimper, I let Jar Jar Binks slide deeper into me. Each breath he took, I felt, as his lips drew close to my ear. My insides burned. I could feel the three foot meat spike inside my colon, twisting, twirling around my guts. A cry escaped from my throat as a sharp pain shot through my body. Did he cum inside me? Was I hurt? A soothing voice filled my presence, my being, my everything. It said, "Yousa bombad, yousa be alright."
>>
>>47823261
Consider Suicide.
10/10 kek'd
>>
>>47823261
>Interspecies sex was so, so wrong...
Fucking norma fags...
>>
>>47823068
Was Mara even meant to be a love interest from the getgo? My knowledge of early EU shit is extremely rusty pls no bully
>>
>>47823261
more pls
>>
>>47823415
>>47823287
>>47823346

What else can I add? Should I keep it in-universe or go total "what the fuck" and include characters like Baloo and Andy? Etc.
>>
>>47823528
Baloo and his "bare necessities" that is.
>>
>>47822889
How many national did you won with mangler dash again ?
Oh ok.
>>
>>47820294
I'll take super dash + Whisper for the lols.
Or just stick to scum...
>>
>>47823407
Yes, he says he wanted to reverse the Leia/Han dynamic.
>>
>>47823621
Your Ad-Hominem remark is not worth any further response.
>>
>>47823407
>Was Mara even meant to be a love interest from the getgo
It was strongly implied, yes.
I mean, reread the end of The Last Command. That entire scene has THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU KISS THE GIRL written all over it in neon letters a foot high
>>
>>47823875
It's really bad that things didn't go from there. I mean, he gave her his father's lightsaber as a gift. This thing that has so many memories for him, associations both painful and bittersweet, and he just gives it to her because "I want you to have it".

And I mean, yeah Zahn got cockblocked from on high when he really tried to go through with it (and it's kind of amazing that he managed to leverage him doing Hand of Thrawn on getting to finally hook up Luke and Mara), but we could have had a long relationship between the two of them where they both like each other but have no idea what to do about it (kind of like Han and Leia, oh there's that parallel that Zahn wanted again).

Instead we get all these girls of the week. Disclaimer: I actually like Gaeriel, even if her religion is kind of dumb AND YET retroactively makes sense in light of the prequels.
>>
>>47823875
Didn't Mara first appear in the comics? I know in the beginning of those it was strongly implied that she was to kill Luke, failed at Jabba's palace, Jabba realized who she was and left her in the desert, and then she went off on another mission before the Emperor was killed. At which point then she made killing Luke her main goal.
>>
>>47823975
Her first appearance was in a WEG d6 adventure and a short story that tied into that adventure
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.