[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm running my first game today, /tg/. D&D 5e. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1460319757717.jpg (241 KB, 900x810) Image search: [Google]
1460319757717.jpg
241 KB, 900x810
I'm running my first game today, /tg/. D&D 5e.

The party consists of a Half-Elf Ranger and an Aarakocra Rogue.

What kinds of quests could I send a pair like that on? Recon?
>>
It would be far more helpful to tell us the character's goals, personalities, why they're together, rather than just race and class.

Seriously, what do your players want out of the game? What are their reason's for adventuring? Build some quests around that. If someone is hunting for a criminal that took someone or something precious to them, start the campaign out with a rumor or a lead to follow or something like that.
>>
>>47786189
Quest to find the rest of the group.
>>
What moron DM let someone go an Aarakocra?
>>
>>47786217
Dunno. This is the first time they've played a roleplaying game.

>>47786453
I did. The rogue is really cute, based off a cockatiel. Pic related.
>>
>>47786581
THEN ASK THEM
Do they want to steal shit and party after that? Do they want to express characters' personalities? Do they want to HACK SLASH KILL?
>>
>>47786453
The one that doesn't jump on furfag boogiemen.
>>
File: Backstory 1.png-original.png (158 KB, 1320x800) Image search: [Google]
Backstory 1.png-original.png
158 KB, 1320x800
>>47786581
Shame, it really does help alot if the players have something they're trying to pursue, It gives you, as the GM, a way to string them into other plotlines by giving them plothooks or leads to follow if they play along.

Pic related is a pretty good example of the kinds of things a player should bring to the game for you. (Kind of a wall of text, but worth the read)
>>
>>47786618
(Open in a new tab if it's too small to read)
>>
>>47786581
Such players are usually waac people. Did you forget that race can fly in light armor? I dont envy you.
>>
>>47786616
>Jump on people trying to ruin the game for others.
Why else would the race be banned in Adventurer's league.
>>
>>47786706
>>47786726
They're a first time player who even sketched out their character design, they're probably not a powergamer
>>
>>47786788
I've had a first time played who could also draw and was the party rules lawyer. So never relax around artists
>>
>>47786788
At least there are ways around it if they get annoying.
>>
>>47786605
He just explained it's their first time, they probably don't know either. Don't you remember starting out? I do. I had no fucking idea what to expect, or what to do really, I felt kind of stupid roleplaying initially.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.