[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WD Returning to Monthly Magazine in September
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 246308.page.jpg (134 KB, 950x365) Image search: [Google]
246308.page.jpg
134 KB, 950x365
156 pages, same as it was before going weekly. No indications of whether release schedule will change or pricing. Could be better or worse for leaks depending on whether it covers the past or the future. The switch to weekly did feel like a downgrade because at only 32 pages there was much left to read about after the obligatory advertising.

Hopefully Designer's Notes becomes a staple, have always felt that some of the best stuff was seeing the Design Studio and sculptors talk about why they did something. Bonus if they include concept art.

People probably won't stop complaining about WD doesn't teach them how to do X thing that 10+ people on the internet already do via the better format of video.
>>
Now I feel guilty for telling the editor guy the current format was shit at war hammer fest
>>
>>47784469
Why? It was, if this relaunch makes it good again i'll thank the salty fans that made that clear
>>
so i take it visions is being dropped and the hobby stuff and such is being rolled back into WD?
>>
Just totally going by my own anecdotal experience, but a couple of the newsagents that I'd buy WD off stopped stocking it a couple of months into the weekly format.

Still kept stocking visions though. Given that it's a fairly niche audience, I'd say shops were fine with having a half dozen or so slightly more expensive magazines that would just about sell over the course of a month rather than a weekly that didn't sell out every week.

It's a bit of a shame though, as while it obviously wasn't doing great at retail, the weekly format is much better for digital.
>>
>>47784529
>>47784469
I heard this a few months ago.

It was precisely because people kept telling them they hated the wqeekly format that they changed it back.

Now we just need our lord and master Guy Haley to return...
>>
>>47784444
Battle reports better be good again.
You can always tell the over all health of White Dwarf by the quality of its battle reports.
>>
Put in some comics or something.
>>
File: face smirk.gif (439 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
face smirk.gif
439 KB, 640x360
>>47785285
>>
Am I the only one that thought WD really improved in quality with the shift to a weekly format? More content I wanted to read than the monthly version, less filler, lower price.

I hope it isn't going to go back to the previous style. A big monthly magazine with actual good content like it used to have in the early ninties is too much to ask for, right? Art, background, stories, scenarios...
>>
>>47784444
It will presumably contain AoS stuff, so it will be pigshit. Why anyone could bring themselves to care about it is beyond me, but I guess there's some Sunk Cost fallacy going on.
>>
>>47784690
Did Guy Haley stop writing already?
>>
>>47784444
>The Ultimate Age of Sigmar Magazine
>Praxeti White Duardin

FTFY
>>
>>47784444
That wont stop it from being shit.
>>
>>47784544

According to someone on Faeit, Visions is going to become a quarterly magazine.

I've bought two copies of Visions, one for Dark Eldar stuff and another just for the Word Bearer's pin and honestly it kind of seemed like a waste to me outside of possibly getting input from the people who painted the stuff. In a way that echoes the sentiments I expressed in the OP where it seems like stuff such as pictures and the current method of teaching is trying to cling to the past and not realize that the internet is overall a better source. Of course if the painting masterclass is akin to what was in the older WD, that is something of a different story. Maybe GW feels the same way since they're apparently looking to hire someone to run a community website.

>>47786689

Maybe it depends on what you're interested in. I've bought every WD since the relaunch since it's only $4 a week/$16 a month, but I at the moment I can't help but feel like it's short on the stuff I care about which was mostly rules and lore since I'm not too concerned with modeling and painting at the moment. Not to mention as I said it has felt like there wasn't much room for anything after they got the necessary advertising out of the way. Maybe this is why I thought No Quarter was a better magazine from the two or three issues I've picked up.

Not like the content is going to lessen either, in fact it's going to increase by 28 pages since a month's worth of weekly WD comes to 128 pages. Of course this is assuming GW doesn't go back to listing off the contact information of every one of their stores in creation, which takes quite a few pages.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.