[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Party Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 29
File: our party.png (2 MB, 2240x1238) Image search: [Google]
our party.png
2 MB, 2240x1238
So tell me about your party members /tg/!
>>
Cleric is the only good one
>>
File: tgparty.png (106 KB, 1218x1116) Image search: [Google]
tgparty.png
106 KB, 1218x1116
Not mine, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets... Was there ever another update after this one?
>>
File: 1465687283463.jpg (29 KB, 388x284) Image search: [Google]
1465687283463.jpg
29 KB, 388x284
One of my games is down to two people, which ended up being a unique duo.

Esho-Zahar, the ambitious 15 year old and middle-aged lizard wizard, on the left. NE. Evil-tier ambition, wants to become a lich or otherwise gain a longer lifespan, power, and later fame through the easiest means necessary. He'll stop at very little for his ambition within the hunting guild he joined, though most ignore him due to how obviously lizard he is. Recently found out devils and demons exist in the realm, and how to summon them, as well as making a girallion arm-powered skelecopter.

His companion (my PC) is Anthe Twoshield, a duskblade investigator of mysterious monster incidents, on the right. CN, though closer to TN. A free-spirited, aggressive daughter of nobles who wanted to impress her ex-adventurer babying parents. She usually sends them trophies of anything strange or unique she hunts, and has impressed them as a result. Wants to become stronger as well, but out of personal effort instead of shortcuts. Never seen leaving her suit of armor, and she's gained a reputation for being able to kill most things with a single strike. Might actually be a tiefling.

They kick monster ass, solve crimes, and ride in style.
>>
File: ff9 sprites.png (58 KB, 732x122) Image search: [Google]
ff9 sprites.png
58 KB, 732x122
>>47782344
Not that I know of. We scared the artist off maybe a year ago?
>>
Rogue Trader Party
•William "Burlap" Jackson of the Rogue Trader House Burlap has a problem: he's 25 and his dynasty is on the verge of collapse. He has next to no acquisitions, the Inquisition and the Adeptus Mechanicus won't leave him alone, and his mother is getting married to an Imperial Navy General. This eccentric gunslinger and his motley crew pilot an Archeotech vessel in hopes of scoring bitches and riches a plenty. Also he wears a bag on his head sometimes.
•Duffshack saved William's life from an attempted kidnapping when he was a young boy. Not on purpose you see: the Ork in his mega-armored suit was just looking for a fight and just happened by dumb luck to save the young captain. He took a liking to William because "...'e talks the biggest". Duffshack enjoys fightin', killin', choppin', and the potlucks that William hosts on the ship. Recently grew a Boy (named Boyshack), who he disowned because he took permanent Toughness damage.
•Sigmund is the resident Explorator on the ship. Once a military man, warring with Genestealers in hulked-out vessels, his life took a turn for the incredible when he discovered an ancient computer containing lost human secrets: the formula for an eldritch human fluid known as Mountain Dew. It's secrets allowed him to revolutionize nanotechnology, giving medical nanites a nutrient-rich body in which to dwell. Sigmund's body is flooded with the stuff, and regularly dispenses it in times of medical distress. Was recently bonded with an artifact of the warp, which mutated the Dew and produced a new strain which he has dubbed Code Blue.
>>
>>47782947
>>47782947
Continued:
•Mara is an oddity even amongst this gang of misfits. Her lineage connects her to the Burlap Dynasty in two large ways: her father was part of the original Captain Burlap's bridge staff and her mother was a feudal worlder from Ritamerron, a Canon of the Holy Sepulchre. Ritamerron, one of Burlap Senior's earliest acquisitions, worshipped him like living divinity, seeing him as an Angel of the Emperor, his powerful fists arcing with holy lightning. When Mara had the oppurunity to serve the son of His Retaining Grace the Holy Bag-Lord, she vowed on the Starthunder Blade (a particularly large power sword) to protect and stand by him, and help to usher his Heavenly Dynasty into a new era of strength and prosperity. Took a Lascannon to the face, got better.
•Argus is a military man, hired by William's mother to train him how to be a competent leader and soldier. He's a capable tactician and resourceful engineer, but now that William is older he's having a hard time dealing with the fact that a child he knew from birth is now his boss. He's disgusted by Orks, and is not a fan of having Duffshack on board, and is especially annoyed with how William prefers the Ork's company to his. Argus is a patient man coming dangerously close to the end of his rope.
•Xander is a nobleman who just kinda showed up on day. William read his resume and decided he was useful, and that his connections were valuable. Does a whole lot of fucking nothing during combat, but knows how to pull strings. He apparently is growing weird shit in tubes in his quarters. William has also given him the rank of Master Wedding Planner, a title he wears with pride.
>>
>>47779401
Gunther Whiteye- Human fighter who is blind in one eye. Used to be a sergeant in the local city watch and retired once he took a bad wound to his left eye. Lost wife to Fever and never had kids, is an adventurer by coincidence as he jumped in to help the party when they were abmushed by thugs in an alley. Party kind of looks at him as the leader/old man of the group and is pretty much played as a mix out of John McClane nd Ben Parker man as he straddles the line between badass who cant be killed and the father/figure mentor for the young wizard in the group. NG but often straying towards CG. Played by the oldest and longest playing member of our group. Character isnt actually that old.

Brimsby- The aforementioned Wizard, a young half-elf, specializing in Abjuration magic and with a personal grudge against the way Wizards hoard knowledge and seclude themselves from the common people.
Attended a private academy for learning magic and saw much of it go to waste as his peers and teachers refused to use magic to help people or involve themselves in external affairs except for huge sums of cash. Determined to earn his own fortune and start an academy to his own beliefs. Kind of a do-gooder, more so than even our paladin. CG. Played by the first fo two girls in our group.

Justinian- Human Paladin of Lathander. Very kick in door style of paladin, with a hardon against corrupt officials and traitors. Basically raised by the church from birth as a monk (in the traditional western sense) but never did prove adept at the scholarly side of things and his handwriting was terrible. Got lucky one day when some members of the Order of Aster passed through and volunteered as a squire to one of the Knight Brothers. Was the original one to seek out a group to combat a local threat of undead. Doesnt really have patience for "menial" sorts of tasks or deeds, seeing them as a waste rather than more glorius quests. Played by my friend, with whom I first started tabletops.
>>
>>47783790

Willum Josson - human cleric of Selune. Mostly defined by his patient and quiet nature. Really only stepping in to comment when there is a problem that needs to be solved, when the party gets into an argument or when the subject of religion rears its heads. Works as both the medic and chaffeur of the party, as he both carries all the potions, has all the heal spells and also owns and drives the party Wagon. NG and played by me.

Sibella - Gnome Rogue who is basically a gutter rat second story thief who went legit. Spends most of their time sneaking into places shes not meant to be, not to steal anything, shes actually avoided stealing anything except for some documents we needed. Instead preferring to evesdrop and gather black mail material on people of power that we deal with. Constantly flirting/taunting Paladin about her methods working better than his. CG. Played by DMs younger sister who has a thing for my friend.
>>
File: The Ultimate Weapon Search Squad.png (369 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
The Ultimate Weapon Search Squad.png
369 KB, 1200x1000
>>47779401
Here's my 5e party.

To make a long story short, there's rumours of an "Ultimate Weapon". Nobody knows what it is, but people have seen the shit it can do. Two superpowers are at war, and if one of them finds it all hell would break loose.

The players met when they encountered a thief being murdered by cultists in an abandoned church. He carried a softly glowing ball and a note alluding to the weapon. Since then they've been on the run from the law, their pasts, new enemies, the criminal underground, cultists, and others with even a passing interest in it.
>>
I don't have art to spruce it up, but in my current 5e group we have:

>Loar, a half-elven rogue looking to make the biggest treasure find in history so she can retire young and enjoy the good life for a change, since she grew up a street urchin in a dangerous slum.
>Durgan, a dwarven fighter who took a sabbatical from brewmastery in his mountain enclave to seek new recipes and inspiration after becoming disenchanted with his existing recipes.
>Eramor, human warlock with a dark past he is trying to atone for, hoping to do enough good things to tip the scales in his favor to get a god to intervene on his behalf before he dies and his soul goes to eternal torment with his devil patron.
>Modo, a human cleric who believes that the dangers plaguing the world are a test of faith, and therefore attempts to preach his gospel to everyone he sees to try to prevent the dangers from getting any worse.

Bonus points if you can guess which one I play.
>>
>>47784173
Your battlemaster/rogue has a Lego shield
>>
No art because I'm a shit artist
Feldrik
>de facto leader
>kinda dumb, but has a good heart
> He really likes spears
Victor
>alcoholic
>violent
>he has some kind of master plan that he refuses to share with anyone
Nero
>street smart
>only in it for the money
> a lot of loyalty for a hired gun
Abraham
>The only sane person
>kind, and softspoken
>the guy who plays him once brought pizza for everyone
Itsama
>he's a mess
>he's a waste
>he's the weakest person in the party
>gm keeps giving him wish granting because he thinks it's funny to see him squander the wishes on trivial shit
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1897x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1897x600
The party from the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure campaign I'm running
(From left to right)
>JoJo &「Glory Days」
Bookish, but buff member of the Joestar lineage that has an absurdly long first name. Performs poorly in social situations. Has a boxing themed punchghost.
>Ted Tony &「Escape From the City」
Grew up on the streets, good at making escapes. has a wearable stand that can manipulate the momentum of objects within its short range. Not intelligent enough to realize the potential of his stand
>Kassuk &「Little Big Town」
Orphaned child that wandered his way into the party. His stand manifests inside plush toys and has abilities based on what its inhabiting. has a teddy bear, (heals) a snake, (poison) and a hawk. (aerial mobility and recon) He is the king of sass
>Trevor McCormick &「Malcolm」
Nervous wreck of a man that likes hiding and letting his stand protect him. His abs are drawn on with a sharpie. has an automatic stand that receives a single order on summoning.「Malcolm」then solves this problem with a chainsaw. (and he never has the same problem twice)
>>
File: Party descripotion.png (251 KB, 1050x470) Image search: [Google]
Party descripotion.png
251 KB, 1050x470
>>47779401
Grimwyrd, on Roll20
>>
>>47786160
this is to bad to make up
>>
File: Meet the Wizards.png (4 MB, 5120x1716) Image search: [Google]
Meet the Wizards.png
4 MB, 5120x1716
The party for an all wizard homebrew, left to right.
>Mr. Hamelin, Human Red/White Mage.
Wound up in the party due to space/time stuff, stayed because recent terror attacks using red magic have caused him social problems, and he aims to put a stop to them. Is responsible for a holy sword in training, and tries to be virtuous. Is failing to be virtuous.
Familiar: Holy sword in training, has the strength, needs everything else.

>Shounen McMana, Celestial Locus/Mirror Mage
When magic was being handed out, he was apparently first in line, since he is the strongest in the party by far. Has the ability to copy spells and make them stronger. Was enjoying a nice vacation until the town he was in almost suffered a bad case of explosions. Is the group leader due to being the only person to survive since the first session.
Familiar: Grimoire, has a lot of useful knowledge skills.

>Jimbo, Elf Mirror Mage
Used to be a member of a cult, but got possessed and became a much nicer person as a result. Magically the weakest, Socially the strongest. Can talk his way into or out of anything. Due to circumstances, his old cult believe he is a high ranking member and give him intel.
Familiar: Spycrab, exists to give bluff bonuses.

>"TomCo" Joe, Human Orange/Brown mage.
Joined the party to complain, and also to sell robots. Very good at making constructs, as long as they aren't sentient. Absolutely awful at business ventures. Made power armor to not end up like the last 4 party members.
Familiar: Grease Monkey, one of the only people in the party who has dispel magic.

> Bolt Flarefang, Beastblood Red/Yellow Mage
Half Wolf Ninja Assassin who can go really fast.
Was introduced to the party by killing 3 potential muggers who hadn't actually done anything yet. Trained by a secret clan of assassins, and was cast out for some reason. Believes murder is the answer to most all of life's problems.
Familiar: Wolf who hasn't actually shown up yet.
>>
>>47779401
Jean Luc
>Originally team leader but has since gone off on his own mission
>Wanted to sell copies of his failed book "Pack on the Pounds"
>Now only wants to be the most famous mercenary in the lands
>Refuses to let anyone else share the glory
>Also is the only uplifted animal in the world

Artemis Strider
>Leprechaun Wizard
>Known as the "Grand Professor"
>Used to be the dean of a world renown magic university
>Lost his fiancé, and latter his job, to a younger Leprechaun who was more accomplished than him
>Goal in life is to become more accomplished and "get hot babes"
>Once rolled three nat 20s in a row and sunk an ironclad
>Currently lost in a swamp
>Also lost an eye to a random npc in a bar

>Stephanie
>Was running away from her home in the circus when she meet the party
>Incredibly dumb

Toby Porko
>Wandering monk trying to find balance in life
>Now only waits for the sweet imbrace of death to free him from this world of madness
>>
knight dwarf with dwarfism
>tends to be the voice of reason but kind of tries to brute force any puzzle or situations with civilians involved usually resulting in casualties

japanese schoolgirl mage
>recently got nerfed to fuck, now has to play like an actual player and not goku where he just bullshits every situation

human thief
>hot-headed, tries to lead the group and solve puzzles rationally. however he intentionally worsens some situations just for tension and drama, also a loot hoarder

kobold paladin
>literally there to heal, useless piece of shit. occasionally provides us with comedic gold by trying to do dumb shit like take on an entire town's guard regiment

literal retard fighter abomination
>no race, roleplays a retarded lab experiment very well. punching bag of the group and jack of all trades but excels at being retarded. is known for throwing away, eating and destroying key quest items
>>
>>47782877
And for good reason. It sucks donkey balls.
>>47782344
Never post that poorly drawn fetish party ever again.
>>
File: rose.png (627 KB, 1396x1412) Image search: [Google]
rose.png
627 KB, 1396x1412
>>47789806
Okay, seriously, it's not THAT bad. The artist has come a long way. I actually saved the first one. See pic related. The art isn't great, but it is better than >>47788277 and a lot of the other stuff we see here.

>tl;dr if they're having fun, why do you care?
>>
>>47789918
Because there are the right ways to have fun and the wrong ways...
>>
File: 22 In Dreaming Darkness.png (2 MB, 2000x2500) Image search: [Google]
22 In Dreaming Darkness.png
2 MB, 2000x2500
Did this group ever update again?

I've been meticulously collecting what I can...
>>
>>47790418
Not that I know of, but I don't come to /tg/ as often as I would like.
>>
From left to right. Setting is high-fantasy, usually comedic, and kind of Earthbound-y, so it's not terribly disconnecting for half the party to be less than fourteen.

Dalton, quarter-Dwarf Peasant turned Warrior. Twelve years-old. Lawful af, but not a Paladin or anything yet. Likes big hammers and breaking faces, not rules. Party Tank.
Wanda, Fourteen year-old Human Mage. Trying to become the Arch-Mage eventually but might apparently settle for Lich Queen . Polite, but ambitious and doesn't mind breaking rules. Thankfully this hasn't ever gotten too bad. Punny named intended.
Dracio, infant Dragon Brawler(?). Hatched from an egg about a Session and a half in. Naive as hell, but fairly smart for a Dragon. Running gag that people confuse him for a Cursed Alligator, Demon Lizard, or Sickly Lizard; Dragons thankfully aren't as common as they used to be. Also we may have just unknowingly killed his mom. :(
Shroomin, Twenty-one year-old Rouge-Bard Mushmin (Mushroom folk race, stand-in for Hobbits). Snarky, cowardly, and irritatingly flirty. Loves playing bag-pipes, cracking jokes, and making gold. Hates mimics with a passion. Party support, face, and trap-disarmer. Can't battle too well.

Also pictured is Johnny and Hexenmeiser.
Johnny is our party's DMPC. Undead Sailor/Fencer, but doesn't like to consider himself a Pirate. Has a neato Ship and Dwarvish (a.k.a. Scottish) accent. He's wise and protective, but he can be dishonest and exaggerates almost all of his War stories. Likes tactics a lot. Gruffly and sadly recognizes both Hexenmeser and the Death Knight BBEG.
Hexenmesier, Formerly-Human Lightning Mage. Loud, insane, and not very wise, Hexenmeiser is our re-occuring comedic and unsuccessful villain. Has a recognizable maniacal laugh. He's not very good at being evil, or even an anti-hero, and a lot of his plans backfire against him, but he is indeed a devastatingly powerful Mage when he needs to.
>>
>>47790647
This is the greatest thing I have ever seen. You, sir, are GOD.
>>
>>47779401
Pathfinder game, but set in Faerun (we're not familiar with Golarion), up to now the campaign was all underdark and Waterdeep. I'm keeping the game very loose, I'm creating material off their characters rather than have an overarching plot and try to fit them in it.
>LG elf paladin of Corellon, member of an order dedicated to retrieving lost elven treasures. Dickass lawful stupid character, but as a parody so it's actually entertaining. Deeply racist and as snobbish as it gets. By virtue of being the party's employer (and only irl player willing to step up for the role, I set him up plot wise) he's the leader, his aim is to retrieve a mcguffin from the temple of Ghaunadaur.
>CG drow cleric of Eilistrae & TN drow warder, basically female Drizzt & Ryld Argith. They're a couple of lovers (also irl) that escaped traditional drow society and sought refuge at the temple in Skullport. The party's mom and dad, the temple sent them to guide the paladin and his hirelings in the underdark and assist them in their quest.
>CN (says he, more like CE) human alchemist. Former slave freed by the party, offered to assist them because he wants to fry some dwergars in revenge and can't go back home on his own anyway. Classic murderhobo with a penchant for explosions.

Dead characters:
>NG half elf bard. Died the first session, one of the paladin's hireling. The alchemist's first try.
>LN dwarf monk with weirdass optimized build (but not enough to keep him alive). Another merc hired in Skullport to replace the dead bard. The alchemist's second try.
>NE human stalker, another of the paladin's hirelings (player had to leave the game so I killed the character off).
>LG elf paladin (in training). The elf's cohort, died of two crits in a row. The player asked me to let him retrain leadership because he just wanted a squire and now he can't replace him rp wise so it's a wasted talent. I let him.
>>
>>47789918
I care because this fetish shit doesn't belong on /tg/... I want more quest threads.
>>
File: RavenloftBop.png (563 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
RavenloftBop.png
563 KB, 1600x900
Here's the party I'm playing in currently. The DM was on vacation last week but suffice to say this party doesn't get along. They're pretty good at collectively hating the Sorceror, at least.

>>47790647
Dropping by again to give props to this party. Kneel before master Shroomed.

>>47784406
Don't tell them that the regional flags are based on LEGO shields
>>
>>47790418

Is that one new? I don't recognize it. Damn, how many are there at this point?
>>
>>47792994
>how many are there at this point?
>22 In Dreaming Darkness.png
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 22.
>>
>>47790418
Cavalier is still the best.
>>
File: time travel party.png (54 KB, 1232x559) Image search: [Google]
time travel party.png
54 KB, 1232x559
In our campaign, some mysterious "accident" in 1999 fractured space and time and not only caused people and places to suddenly warp to different times and places, but caused a generic fantasy world to bleed into it, so there's monsters and demons and whatnot. The party was flung haphazardly through time until arriving in 2300 A.D. where an NPC named Prof. Grimsby created a device that allows them to find time gates. Their goal is to find whomever is responsible for the time crash and undo all that it has done.

>Roy Buford Black
>Law man from out west with a troubled past and a dead eye whose leadership and dedication to the pursuit of justice has been the glue that holds the party together

>Quinn
>Robotic detective and crazed conspiracy theorist who single mindedly pursues the truth, his powers of deduction and fists of steel have seen the group out of many tight spots

>Siegfried von Schönkopf
>Former knight for a German lord and fierce horseback lancer who was exiled after being framed for murder. He has sworn fealty to roy and he saved his life. They bond over both being christians

>Shinichi Watanabe
>Powerful psychic with a sharp wit and a sharper tongue who was abducted by the government for experimentation. The experiments that were intended to harness his psychic energy are what fucked up space and time in the first place and caused this whole mess, though it's extremely likely that it was sabotaged to make this happen

>Krug
>Just a pissed off caveman with a powerful appetite. He just wants to home to his cavewoman and live a simple life.

>Akhenaten
>A magician from egypt who specializes in summoning monsters. Is absolutely inspired by yu-gi-oh. He believes that some ancient egyptian demon god is behind everything.

>Nicolai Vladislav IV
>The newest member of the team, a vampiric count (alucard rip-off) who, due to being immortal, doesn't actually care about fixing everything, he just wants to enjoy himself and experience the thrill of battle.
>>
Faggot Fighter
Faggot Cleric
Faggot Sorceress
Faggot Monk
>>
>>47782344
1. Magic Tits
2. Trap Card
3. Da Dum
4. Ninja Tits
5. Black Gandalf
6. Fighter Tits
7. Aloha Snackbar
>>
>>47795134
I like this, actually.
>>
File: 1452610929697.png (339 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1452610929697.png
339 KB, 1024x768
>Imperial Commissar obsessed with heroism
>Alcoholic Sniper
>Extremely unlucky Techpriest
>pair of Outcasts with an affinity for finding alternate means of travel
>unusually upbeat astropath
>>
>>47795134
....huh, that's actually pretty cool.
>>
File: Q.jpg (183 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
Q.jpg
183 KB, 1600x1600
>>47795134

This is certainly novel.

"?!......... (Seriously?!)"
>>
>>47779401
Your party is *way* too large. Seven players is nuts.
>>
The Digimon table top I GM now has a blog for the roll20 sessions. There is art, profiles, and I'm proud of it

https://digimonthefive.wordpress.com/
>>
File: fury_by_erica1940-d84bww0.jpg (85 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
fury_by_erica1940-d84bww0.jpg
85 KB, 752x1063
Valhallan sharp shooter with a talent for cooking.
A hug happy Ogyrin with godly luck
A Tech priest with a tendency for looting like an ork
Commander with a Robot arm
Scout with running prosthesis. (actual dudes in a wheelchair.)
Junior Commissar with No control over the squad.
Shit scared vehicle Operator who only just arrived to the planet.
thrown together by necessity because Failing front and desperate measures.
>>
File: Scheduling Problems the Game.png (71 KB, 1872x783) Image search: [Google]
Scheduling Problems the Game.png
71 KB, 1872x783
A repost because the lazy shit who made it has yet to update it.
>>
>>47798319
I'll update it for you, if you want, anon.
>>
>>47798541
Nah, you want something done properly, gotta do it yourself. I'll have a colourful update in an hour or so.
>>
File: Numinera Campain Roha Tribe.png (541 KB, 2398x1133) Image search: [Google]
Numinera Campain Roha Tribe.png
541 KB, 2398x1133
>>
>>47798565
Bam. An hour and 10 minutes.
>>
>>47790418

Could you post the rest? It's been a while.
>>
>>47795134
This reminds me of Live-A-Live. Also, definitely stealing
>>
>>47795134
Tell us...more.
>>
File: Party sketch.png (264 KB, 2428x1222) Image search: [Google]
Party sketch.png
264 KB, 2428x1222
Will update next time

Sorry if we aren't kawaii and all the players and characters are cis-male het skum
>>
>>47802043
It's definitely inspired by live-a-live and ultima 2
>>47802083
Well, as of the most recent dungeon, which was a crashed spaceship we found sunk in a bog, we've discovered that an intergalactic doomsday cult is trying to compress all time and space together into a single point so that their space pirate god king can rule it all. Also, said space pirate god king might be the real actual egyptian god Set. They're just starting small with earth and whatever magical fantasy world is being compressed with it.
>>
File: Briemond.jpg (45 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
Briemond.jpg
45 KB, 1024x512
A Song of Ice and Fire roleplay, tracking the fortunes of a small House from the Stormlands. A House that came to prominence during Roberts Rebellion.

Allan Helglen, The Cripple
The middle eldest son of the Lord, missing a leg after an accident with a siege engine during the Rebellion. Has become our own local spy master and resident Spider, smart and politically savy. Looks like he will be good bros with The Bastard.

Apollyon Helglen The Hero
The youngest son, and seemingly the favorite, wields the ancestral weapon of the House however is as niave and innocent as a virgins come. The ideal romantic knight on the surface, strong with honor and no malice. But without any capicity for disception and lies. Idealistic and honest in all he does.

Herys Helglen, The Heir
The drink-sodden Heir to Helglen holdings, large and strong and pretty chill and relaxed. A good face and solid all rounder able to do a little of all and assist all his brothers in their specality.

Ravlas Storm, The Bastard
The acknowledged but not legitimized bastard son of the Lord Helglen, served with a free company and picked up nefarious skills that no man of good standing should know.
>>
>>47803992
I think I saw your house sigil posted in another thread. Wouldn't that have made more sense here?
>>
>>47795276
>Drow
>Black

The Drow are ruled by women, firstly.
>>
File: Helglen arms2.png (551 KB, 500x728) Image search: [Google]
Helglen arms2.png
551 KB, 500x728
>>47803992
>>47804579
>>
>>47803992

The GM is such a faggot, I hate him so much. I hope he chokes on a crack while listening to hawkwind.
>>
>Corporal Lilith Alexandria
A happy guardsman who was pretending to be a male under the name 'Alex' for a while, but nobody cared. Specialized first as an operator and then as a breacher. Obsessed with technology, particularly explosives, bothering the tech-priest. Has become increasingly reckless and corrupted over the course of the campaign. Uses breaching charges, grenades

>Confessor Faydra Godwinne
A long-serving Ministorum priestess with nothing to show for her service. Serious, jaded, and always a bit tired of the madness of war and battle. A zealous defender of the Emperor's will. Fights with an Eviscerator sword and holy promethium launched from her flamethrower.

>Enginseer First Class Vanya Zimov Hibernius (Me)
A demoted Magos demoted from the Explorator Fleet to serve the Imperial Guard. Sarcastic and cruel, with penchant for disliking "meatbags" and particularly a certain psyker. Only knows the other characters by lengthy alphanumerical designations. A bit of a coward, though only in terms of "he doesn't run straight into battle with no cover or tactical maneuvering" per Imperial Guard standard. The Q of the squad, always making new gadgets, dealing with technology and zealously defending the Omnissiah, per his speciality. Seems to know a little bit about everything and has a plethora of useful technological implants. Also the squad's long-range specialist with his sniper rifle.

Continued in next post.
>>
>>47805636

>Lieutenant Kargle
An ogryn with a penchant for smashing things. A tank of a man whose fists can put a dent in a steel plate. Courageous and determined to prove himself in battle, which, as he is the leader of the squad, generally involves suicide missions and poorly-thought out assaults. Wants to become a commissar, somehow. Uses a pair of spiked gauntlets made from repurposed syringes and scalpels in battle.

>Sanctioned Grammatican Lucia
A foolish little girl that the Emperor decided to bestow psychic powers on. Gets away with murder and general warp-dickery on a regular basis. Doesn't know when not to use her powers. Generally harmful to anyone around her. Annoying and stupid, deserves to be shot.
>>
File: Motorlaugh.png (220 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
Motorlaugh.png
220 KB, 500x334
>>47805607
>>
1. A racist and ever holy paladin who worships the one true god. He's killed countless humans who he deemed to be heretics, and even more elves simply for being pagan elves. He secretly knows what he is doing is wrong but he is rewarded for doing it. He is basically living up to his older brother who is a crusading paladin that holds the border between the holy nation and the elven homelands.

2. A Human thief who has stolen something from a mercenary leader. There is a bounty for him nearly everywhere he goes, and he has been doing his best to keep that a secret from the others. He also is addicted to a very potent type of herb.

3. An elven girl who hides the fact that she is an elf from nearly everyone she can by wearing hoods and hats, tying her hair in specific ways, etc. She wants to adventure and find her brother, unknown to her that he is long dead.

A bit generic and a bit edgy but the roleplaying is really good. The three always have this funny bit of tension. The secrets they all hide nearly surface every session and hiding them makes the game a lot of fun.
>>
Old party, but:

1. John Starnes, the only survivor of a failed military invasion of the desert. Alcoholic and sarcastic. He paints to relax, and has caught the attention of a pretty noble girl.

2. Ellwood Nicklebuck gnome bard extraordinaire. Exiled from his home long ago, is travelling across the world in search of a story. Misses his mom

3. Kipp Coddling mercenary running from his past. Under command of the BBEG a few years ago, he helped slaughter an entire town. Trying to remain passive in an ever aggressive conflict.

4. Richard Englehardt a priest of Pelor intent on bringing the light and the bling to every fight. Desperately searching for his parents and receiving messages from the Big Man himself.

5. William Daervy retired military captain trying to avenge the death of his family. Not fond of of Starnes' drinking habits or lack of discipline.

Together they roam the land doing things, and occasionally performing stuff.
>>
File: Topaz_Championship.jpg (54 KB, 640x453) Image search: [Google]
Topaz_Championship.jpg
54 KB, 640x453
L5R game, playing through the Topaz Championship to begin the story. Not sure where it'll go after that.

>Suzume Takumi, Bushi
Fairly chill guy, son of the Sparrow Clan champion, really likes telling stories and haiku.
Pretty friendly and upbeat to everyone, but has a fierce rival in the form of a Kakita bushi and duelist who is betrothed to his best friend (a Miya courtier).
He managed to humiliate his rival in a duel (somehow), leading to a mixture of rage and approval being directed towards him by the Crane.
He would probably be the MC if the campaign was turned into a manga.

>Kakita Taehime, Bushi
Formal and slightly uptight Kakita duelist and bushi. She hasn't really had the chance to shine yet, but is very good at combat and duels.
She has an interesting position, currently, as she is doing the worst so far out of the group at a competition that the Kakita are expected to win.

>Kitsuki Junko, Courtier
A Kitsuki Investigator, she is kind and polite, and very humble despite her skills.
She is doing very well in the Championship, something that is relatively unexpected. She is, of course, a skilled investigator and Courtier, but is surprisingly good at wrestling.
This may be due to her friendship with a much more rowdy and boisterous Yoritomo girl, who lives as a hostage with her family.
She also has pissed off a colossal Matsu contestant, as Junko was framed for stealing her battleaxe before the combat challenge.

>Kaiu Sugimoto, Bushi/Artisan
A Kaiu Engineer, he is a loud and very joyful person, though he has serious issues with his father that he hides. He is doing very well at the Tournament, too.
(Though this is more predictable, with him being a Bushi.) He is a very skilled tetsubo fighter, and is very intelligent, too.
This leads to him doing well in both 'Courtier' and 'Bushi' focused events.
He has a very annoyed Otomo betrothed to him, and became good friends with an Akodo contestant (after being possibly the first person to beat him at Go).
>>
Our DM decided that this was going to be a Psionic Campaign, in a 3.5 setting. My fellow players and I decided to pick a unique Psionic Base class, so we were all diversely different.
> Raamas is an Elven Psion, spec'd for Psychometabolism. He's a cunt because he's not really trusting of the other members. He typically tells off Clergies and fucks with the general populace, when he's not Mind Thrusting somebody's head off.
>John, of the N-Gon Table is a Human Psychic Warrior that generally loves causing property damage by manifesting an Expand Power.
>Sebastion is our Half-Elven Wilder who's probably more careless than Raamas. He's also just as reckless as John, but less retarded.
>Alrakis Ontilius is a Maenad, and a Soulknife. He generally minds his Elders, but shows a visible distaste for rules. He manifests more weapons than a regular Soulknife, because deepest of lore reasons.
>>
File: vVMURlc.jpg (345 KB, 1105x802) Image search: [Google]
vVMURlc.jpg
345 KB, 1105x802
>>47803261

Getting some interesting vibes from this crew.
>>
>>47782947
I want some mountain dew.
>>
>>47795134
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYbSm44MzVY
>>
>>47798319
>>47799083
What happened? The fighter and the cleric broke up?
>>
>>47779401
> A wizard who's ultimate goal is to break reality
> A murderous halfling
> A amnesiac Ranger
> A Dwarf
> An evil Cleric who charges for heals
> One Paladin trying to keep them from doing something horrible
>>
File: party.png (33 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
party.png
33 KB, 1200x800
What does this picture imply to you about our party?
>>
>>47811731
Everyone hates everyone and the big dude is horny.
>>
File: 461734.png (3 MB, 1920x1500) Image search: [Google]
461734.png
3 MB, 1920x1500
Joke party image from a campaign that sadly ended only a couple sessions in due to the DM being swamped with a sudden blast of school work.

Had some fun purposely trying to misinterpret everyone as much as possible and show off my sweet MSPaint skills.
>>
>>47811917
You aren't wrong.
>>
>>47796310
Actually only 6 two of the PC's are played by the same person. The Gnoll and the Gargunn. The Gnoll was made first but then got his soul ripped out. So he made a second character to replace him while we all went to find the Gnoll Soul.
So right now he's got two characters and still not sure what to do with them. I mean the Gnoll almost dies every fight so I think he's just waiting for nature to take its course.
>>
>>47811731
Satan seems like a nice guy.
>>
>>47803261
I like it
>>
>>47810147
That joke was only funny once. Yeah, kinda.
>>
>>47792913
This vaguely looks like a 5e game set in the new season of stuff, but I have to ask what the fuck 'revenge on evil' means.
>>
Daveth - half-giant psychic warrior (that doesn't realize he's psychic, just assumes all of his ducking and dodging is a result of keen reflexes) with a bag of holding that he uses to keep all his weapons in. Likes to throw his swords around, sleeps with just about every woman that comes around, is a packrat for weapons and loves pickles.
Celeste - paladin that worships an angel of a dead goddess. Disagrees with Daveth on everything, has a question about everything (she's a little naive) and tries to get into arguments with the monk. Relies on the sorcerer for all things even remotely magical.
Moriko - Monk that is constantly pissed at Daveth for his cavalier attitude towards everything, is amused at the paladin's naivete, hates the druid, keeps trying to befriend the sorceror. has a potion, a poultice, or an herb "remedy" for everything.
[can't remember the druid's name] keeps egging Daveth to quit the adventuring life. Constantly shapeshifting, hates the monk and the sorcerer both. Likes to argue with the paladin.
[can't remember the sorceror's name] dismissive towards the paladin, is somewhat friendly with the monk, keeps picking fights with the druid, likes fire. Lots and lots of fire. The player literally hunted through every splatbook and module for every fire-based spell, item, etc. Keeps encouraging daveth to greater feats of hilarity.
>>
File: party stroll.jpg (475 KB, 853x730) Image search: [Google]
party stroll.jpg
475 KB, 853x730
From left to right. We're in Shattered Star.

Garren - Goblin Inquisitor of Sarenrae, a walking nuke 7 rounds per day and a scout and grizzled hunter figure outside of that. Very reserved, for various good reasons related to race, his rapid aging, and his awkward relationship with his adoptive mother.

Kyoshin - Onispawn yakuza 'young master', heir to his father's Riddleport-based clan out to prove himself. Originally came along to keep Aryn company, then things got more complicated. A kensai magus with a focus on lightning. Has a huge crush on Aryn, and just got a magical item that left him with an allergy to shirts and a literal sex addiction, complete with withdrawal symptoms.

Aryn - Wintercursed magus who has the worst luck. Formerly Taldane-descended Varisian son of a long-since disgraced noble family, Aryn stumbled into an unfortunate fate in the Lady's Light and is currently inhabiting one of the Runelord of Lust's spare bodies. Managed to bluff the group through the Lady's Light with minimal violence by being an amazing actor. Has a massive crush on Kyoshin.

Mr. Bolewa - A Mwangi shaman kidnapped by pirates who managed to escape and make his way to Magnimar. A con-man, a voodoo oracle and a conduit to a powerful serpent spirit known as 'Wise Brudda'. Also a complete and total troll who may or may not be Dr. Facilier. He's wonderful.

It's a fun group.
>>
>>47784173
>The Grinning Devil

Literally the most austistic name in the history of role-playing games...
>>
>>47784394
Eramor because it's the most unoriginal and fedora/wearing character there. It must have been hard to rip a bio straight from a movie.
>>
>>47815949

He wouldn't be much of a criminal if people knew his name. He's known by that title, so he's rolling with it.

And he's sticking to it instead of his real name in a bid to 'redeem' the name. Kind of pointless, but TL;DR backstory stuff and closure
>>
File: ChangeCrew.png (300 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ChangeCrew.png
300 KB, 1600x900
>>47815593

The DM is giving the new Ravenloft a spin, yeah. Can't say whether I dig it so far, we've only had a few sessions.

The 'Revenge on evil' thing is just some bullshit Niers spun up to get people off his back. I've been deliberately keeping his backstory unclear, partly to give the DM toys to play with and to make him hard to get a bead on. He might be a vengeful knight who killed his family and friends to stave off a demonic invasion (and headed to Ravenloft to fight the biggest source of evil he could think of and/or die with some purpose). He might also be a serial killer using the "revenge" excuse to justify dozens of murders across the country, and sought out Ravenloft as a sort of refuge from the law.

The truth is somewhere in the middle--the only thing I've set in stone is that 'Niers' is an alias.

(And just to make this bump worthwhile, here's the other game I play in, set in a post-apoc Earth.)
>>
>>47815972
Sorry fa/tg/uy but the answer was Durgan the dwarf. It's my first dwarf!

Eramor is played by a theater degree dude we know. What character is he ripping off? He and the DM haven't said what his dark past is yet but they smile like assholes when we ask so I'd love to fuck their day up by knowing
>>
Apologies for lack of picture but lack any sense of skill with art.
2nd Edition Mutants and Masterminds Game.

Amala/Pulsar. Sri Lankan National living our fair community. Gymnast, Martial Artist. Gravity Powers. Is the very definition of Overkill. Escalates violence rapidly.

Jayne/Refraction: Possesses bodies to utilize in combat and support capacities. Typically will ride shotgun using someones senses to bounce through targets. Relaxed and chill sort of guy.

Vince/Kickback. Martial Artist with an assortment of Chi based powers. Notably Boost and Healing. Closest thing to a leader we have at the moment. 10/10 would Dynamic Duo with.

Theo/Blazer (as in Trail Blazer) our resident Teleportal specialist. Also the back up smart guy. Solid support guy.

Victor/Mainframe. Me, my guy. Techno Organic body can mimic human appearances, shift limbs into weapons and shapeshift into any technological marvel I can understand. And the resident Genius on the team.

So far our adventures in 1984 as Iron Age heroes have gone splendidly. We (Amala) have maimed several college football players so bad they will never play the sport again. In particular the Chief of Police's son. Fended off a KGB hitman. Fended off a MK Ultra Super Soldier. And are still looking for dates to the Spring Soc Hop.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.