[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Never conquered his home world >Never even rose above
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: 1436330877961.jpg (588 KB, 625x980) Image search: [Google]
1436330877961.jpg
588 KB, 625x980
>Never conquered his home world
>Never even rose above slavery until the Emperor had to save his ass
>Hypocrite (hated the Nails yet forced them on his men)
>Ninety percent of dialogue is "hurrdurr muh nails muh men wuz kill"
>Entire personality is "angry"
>Fell to Khorne because the plot demanded it

Is Angron literally worst traitor primarch?
>>
>>47778390

Curze was worse.

Mortarion is shit-tier too, especially after that Draigo lore.
>>
>>47778460
>Curze was worse.
Don't fucking start with me

>Mortarion is shit-tier too
He probably considers that a compliment...
>>
>>47778486

Keep your mascara dry, shitlord. At least Curze was best at something: best at being bottom of the pack.
>>
>>47778517
I know you're just trying to make me mad and I won't give you that.
Besides, even were I not the Curzefag, I could bring up that he did conquer his home world. That's more than Angron can say.
>>
>>47778594
Angron reks space marine chapters and doesn't afraid of anything.

Curze died like a bitch.
>>
what the fuck did angron want with his shitty adoptive planet? or the great crusade for that matter? curze is 2edgy because he eventually figured out the supposedly great primarchs are just pawns in the emprah's bullshit game. meanwhile angron is like cool story bro
>>
>>47778486

mortarion is another who gave no fucks about the emprah's bullshit

You think he is shit tier because you are loyalist normie
>>
>>47779916
>being right is 2edgy
>>
>>47779949
>the joke
>
>your head
>
>
>Ferrus Manus' head
>>
>>47779954

>2edgy underway
>>
>>47779987

my mark was directed at the anon wot said mortarion is shit tier
>>
File: Khran and Argel Tal.jpg (171 KB, 1210x990) Image search: [Google]
Khran and Argel Tal.jpg
171 KB, 1210x990
Didn't the World Eaters install the Nails themselves so they could be closer to their Primarch?

Also posting best bromance
>>
>>47780242

angron had them start using the implants
>>
>>47780242
This ^ OP dont know shit.

It USED to be that Angron ordered the nails, but back then they also WORKED and made the World Eaters far more efficient and aggressive then other legions. The corruption of their sanity from the nails was far slower and more subtle then in current lore. This meant that they weren't "that legion that went insane" until late crusade when Gulliman saw their antics and called to the Emperor, who sent Horus to correct Angron, but by then Horus was planning his rebellion and Angron was ready to turn.

That was basically the idea in the old World Eater Index Astartes, then Black Library thought to change it all up, fucking everything up as usual.
>>
>>47778460
Mortarion is the only one I sympathize with
>>
>>47780575

similar story to angron's

didn't ask for emprah's help

why pretend this anything other than slavery

mortarion saw through it from day one
>>
>>47780659
Angron was just an angry shit, Mortarion hated psykers and saw the Emprah as no different than the warlords on his planet. Every time Angron attempts to justify his actions (rants to Russ and Rowboat) he comes across as even more of a hypocrite
>>
>>47778390
All the primarchs are the worst.
I can't name one Primarch who wasn't a fuck up or a cunt
>>
>>47780801
>I can't name one Primarch who wasn't a fuck up

Roboute Guilli-

>or a cunt

Welp.

Sanguinius probably fits the best but he was a minor fuck up due to mutant wings and falling in battle and flawing his legion.
>>
>>47780801
Not all of them were fuckups but of course they're all going to be cunts. They were genetically and spess magically engineered to be the best and most intelligent beings in the universe, to conquer the galaxy and crush humanity's enemies, can't do that by being a nice guy all the time. Even guys like pre chaos Fulgrim and Horus were dicks at times
>>
>>47780764

angron was the least hypocritical
>>
File: 55181940.jpg (5 KB, 250x154) Image search: [Google]
55181940.jpg
5 KB, 250x154
>>47780917
>>
>>47780801
Khan is pretty bro tier. Unless you happen to have Fulgrim's cock lodged firmly in your throat
>>
>>47780939
Pre Demon Fulgrim and Russ if you were a warrior were probably the most bro tier Primarchs
>>
File: 40k4.jpg (144 KB, 663x1600) Image search: [Google]
40k4.jpg
144 KB, 663x1600
>>
>>47780917

he never bought in, he can hardly be called a hypocrite
>>
II legion is best legion.
>>
>>47781292
Fuck you XI for life
>>
>>47781292
>>47781336

FUCKING SKUBFAGS
>>
>>47781431
>2016
>Being anti Skub
Wew lad
>>
>>47781431
>>47781471
whats skub?
>>
>>47781547
It means 'I hate summer'
>>
>>47781547

What's Google?
>>
>>47781575
>>47781599
thanks for the help fagtrons
>>
>>47780468
The problem with 40k lore is that when an argument starts up, everybody needs to whip out their citations, because publication dates fucking matter.
It's too much like an actual goddamn science at that point.
>>
>>47778390
You can't really blame him, he kind of was lobotomized in a way that's pretty jury-rigged and brutal. He forced it one his men as a way to justify it as a strength and avoid coming to terms with the fact that he was mentally fucked.
>>
>>47782008

what does it matter if Marines' minds wear out over the course of the hyperviolence they visit upon the Emperor's enemies? the nails make the more vicious, more ruthless - the cost being that they wear out faster ... seems like a fair trade, from a tyrannical POV

the tyrants that inflicted the nails on angron made the same calculation - they didn't care about him beyond that he serve their purposes

it is easy to see how angron could view the emperor as just another tyrant and the great crusade as another gladatorial arena

maybe angron found some sense of freedom in the abandon of slaughter - and so maybe the nails were some relief in this sense
>>
>>47782188
Don't the nails make it so that he CANT feel anything but murderous rage unless he kills?
>>
>>47780928
he is right though
>>
>>47782466

I think the nails amplify aggressive emotions. The side effect is destroying his capacity for other experiences.

Anyhow its probably like how rage works IRL - you have a liberating sense of focus and power and yet your thinking is also clouded.

but up to 11 obviously
>>
>>47778594
Angron at least sired the single most powerful non-psyker Space Marine, Kharn, one of the most powerful Legions, and remains an active force in the galaxy as the only Daemon Primarch who isn't moping around, and wreaked massive destruction in the First War of Armageddon.

Curze? He sired one of the single weakest space marine legions ever and died.
>>
>>47778390
Curze was worse, especially after the Heresy failed
>knew his Legion was a fuck up
>knew they won't stick to his old ideals
>still lied to himself by appointing Zso Sahaal to be his heir, knowing that he will be lost to the Warp and the Legion will fall
>couldn't live with himself anymore, let himself get killed
>dressed it as him teaching a lesson to the Emperor, even though he was long "dead"
>>
>>47782628
>Angron at least sired the single most powerful non-psyker Space Marine

Angron sired Bjorn, Lucius and Sigismund?
>>
>people not getting the Kurtz reference
>>
>>47783109
Literally everyone understands the Kurtz reference
>>
>>47783168

I guess it is supposed to insulate konrad from criticism?

>such literary
>>
>>47780801
Purterabo was pretty brotier. He got fucked over pretty hard by the emps. As a daemon lord, tho, dude has done fuck all.
>>
File: Areyouperhapsperturbed.jpg (203 KB, 535x464) Image search: [Google]
Areyouperhapsperturbed.jpg
203 KB, 535x464
>>47783223
>Purterabo was pretty brotier

You mean the guy who was disliked by all of his brothers? The guy whose first action once found by the Emperor was to kill 1/10th of his legion?
>>
>>47781932
Games work really just needs to look at their collection and work our canon for you autistic that can't understand that 40k as a settings is a mini multiverse, in some time lines the ultramarines weren't first founding, in others they are THE CODEX prima dona circle jerk we are the best, all the publications happened and are canon.

Shit they even have a god damn borrowers chapter.

Trying to say shitz changed and no longer canon is silly; just look at it like this there a multiple versions,some with different turning points and you can always argue about it and share our personal opinions on which versions are better.
>>
>>47783073
Bjorn got his ass kicked by a giant warp beast and now exists only to tell stories to fur fags

Lucius exists to be a living joke, his entire character built around how often he loses

Sigismund is dead, far from his prime

Kharn has spent the last 10,000 years in combat, has kill counts higher then all of the above by far, is a Chaos God's Avatar in the mortal realm and only got close to dying once, and walked away from the experience. Plus he's a swell guy.

Bad bait is bad, but here is your (you)
>>
>>47785537
No, your just too stupid to actually understand the setting, so you have to imagine everything being right to make up for ability to put the basic time into figuring out what actually is currently canon and what isnt.

Basically, go back to /co/
>>
>>47778390
>Fell to Khorne because the plot demanded it
>Is now a slave for eternity
It's like pottery, it rhymes
>>
>>47778390
>Didn't read Betrayer
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.