[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FE Quest: Silver Scales of the Past - Part 36
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 12
File: fireemblemsmashlogo.jpg (15 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fireemblemsmashlogo.jpg
15 KB, 500x500
>You are one of three characters: Samson, a spoiled bard, Dyrus, an axe-wielding rebel's son, or Rene, an orphan adopted by a high-ranking Director of an ominous empire, now a prepromoted archer-lancer. POV will rotate between them on a thread-by-thread basis, with a HIGHLY unlikely chance that someone else might someday take a chapter.

>These protagonists' motivations and goals will very likely come into conflict with one another's.

>Character Death is always a possibility and sometimes an inevitability (this is Fire Emblem after all), but your actions can very easily influence who lives and who dies.

>Voting periods will last an average of ten to fifteen minutes, but this may be increased, decreased, or generally changed at any given moment based on voter turnout.

>Write-ins are encouraged.

>The previous threads are archived on suptg under "Silver Scales of the Past," and a pastebin summarizing each one's events will be provided at the start of the next, like so: http://pastebin.com/ETmWtgti

>A list of all current summaries and threads: http://pastebin.com/iKNTJYgf

>Our update Twitter is qmgrandflocto, and we have an ask.fm also under ask.fm/qmgrandflocto

>Preempting any memesters in the audience tonight. /qst/ is a trial board, and I am not currently under any obligation to migrate there.
>>
File: samsonbygrandflaw.png (6 KB, 290x200) Image search: [Google]
samsonbygrandflaw.png
6 KB, 290x200
The "long version" of Darren's story is actually fairly simple to shorten. Though Dyrus and Laurise's mother had been betrothed since birth to his son, the late Dyrus Sr., and he made a point of being a large part of his future daughter-in-law's life, the pair... Wasn't particularly close in childhood, the teenage Hauteclere particularly preferring to sneak away into nearby cities and disguise her nobility. This changed rather drastically when she wound up impregnated by one of these trips.

Though she never shared the finer details of her conception with anyone, she looked up to her future father-in-law for advice. Having dutifully served the Imperial army according to tradition since the THEN-current Emperor was a princeling, he insisted that this daughter would spell scandal and ruin for both of their houses, that the best thing for everybody would be to leave her behind, on top of pushing her to get closer to his son. Among many of his past actions, he came to regret this immensely upon the passing of his son. Speaking of him, though, when Dyrus Sr. learned of what happened, he was the one who good-naturedly informed Rene's sentimental adoptive father of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyV81QawP2g

But enough of the family drama of nobles you've barely met once or twice, and aren't even there to learn about! You're Samson, and you have your own familial issues to be griping about! The people holding your father hostage haven't been heard from in some time, and if something happened to them, you're... Well, quite frankly, you're going to be pissed. You suppose it would be a convenient out for your coerced alliance with the Dories, but it would also mean your fight with the Empire is far from over.

>A. Spend time with [specify]
>B. Immediately Advance Plot
>>
>>47778039
>A. Spend time with [Millicent]
>>
File: DancerTCG.png (432 KB, 453x772) Image search: [Google]
DancerTCG.png
432 KB, 453x772
>>47778171
You and Millicent look out to the sea as you sail, trying your best to take in the vastness and majesty of the open water instead of the grim circumstances that have kept you in the islands for so much time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1SJNhIXIq8

"I... Did always dream about going beyond the shores sometime," Millicent says, laughing slightly sadly. "I guess there wasn't any way I would've ended up out here..."

"What makes you say that?" You ask "You could've just... Gone. I bet you even coulda talked me into getting off my butt to see the world if it meant hanging around you more."

"We can't all afford to just drop everything and travel, Sam," Millicent says. "It was already pushing it just learning how to dance like I did. If Norman wasn't so in love with hunting, I don't think I even could've taken time to do that. And, uh, even then, just in case that fell through, if Norman was injured or one of our parents got really sick, that's why I learned..." She looks away, still as embarrassed as ever with the odd thievery-related talents of hers that were integral in the uprising in Fort Dalshin. "I was prepared to keep us fed however I had to, anyway."

"That's not why you befriended Raleigh and I, is it?" You ask, intending it as a joke but immediately realizing that it's kinda mean-spirited once it leaves your mouth.

"No, of course not!" Millie answers, obviously slightly offended. "I can't believe you'd even imply that."

"Sorry, sorry," you say, hanging your head low. "That wasn't very funny."

Millie sighs, obviously forgiving your slight rather quickly, taking on an amused tone as she gets in retaliating jabs of her own. "The hero of the Southern Islands and Holmstead resistance, maker and writer of history, is still completely incapable of keeping his foot out of his mouth."

>A. She's got you there
>B. You're working on it...
>C. It was a one-time slip-up!
>D. Write-in response
>E. ...
>>
>>47778445
>A. She's got you there
>>
File: SageDS.png (3 KB, 68x72) Image search: [Google]
SageDS.png
3 KB, 68x72
>>47778530
"Hah, you've got me there..." You hold your lover somewhat closer as you look out to the sea. "That's one of my favorite things about you. Seeing past all the glamour people seem to be building around me and calling me that same dumb bard who hit on you in Holmstead."

"Well, you really haven't changed that much," Millie agrees. "You've learned a lot, and I'd even say you're a better person now, but you're still the same fundamental person."

"Yeah, but... At the same time, it's what makes me feel like I can't handle this. I'm a schoolboy who's only leader because everyone who outranked me died."

"Well, you're doing a fantastic job," Millie promises. Before she can continue that thought, she points something out in the distance. "Oh gods, someone's out there!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ5_1yGPIJA

"Wait, what..? Just... Floating there?" You look where Millicent is pointing, and sure enough, you notice a sunburned human form, apparently shirtless and green-headed, weakly floating at sea on a crudely-constructed raft, a torn yellow cloak no longer acting as a sail.

"Get one of the Dory pegasi out there immediately!" You call. "We've got a... I dunno, is man overboard the right term? He's not one of ours, but he's certainly overboard!"

The man is, thankfully, rescued quite quickly and brought belowdecks and out of the sun, along with a Mend staff he was apparently clutching close to him.

>A. Oh, goody, we've found a staff-user!
>B. Leave the ship's doctor to do their thing
>C. Check up on the poor guy yourself
>D. Write-in response
>>
>>47778917
>C. Check up on the poor guy yourself
>>
>>47778994
As the sunburned, muscular staff-holder is brought to the ship's sick bay, you check on him as soon as medical personnel gives the okay.

"Why so concerned about him?" Adelais asks, noticing your insistence. "He's safe now, he's being treated."

"Why wouldn't I be concerned?" You ask her. "Any number of things could've gotten this person into that situation, and anyway Millicent and I were the ones who found him!"

"So you mean... He might know something about where my girls disappeared to?" The eyepatched smuggler-princess asks, not really getting the point. "You have a good point!"

Rolling your eyes, you agree to let her wait with you. That being said, when you get a closer look to the resting castaway (is castaway the right word? Hell if you know), you're taken aback. "Wait... Hal? This is Hal!"

"You know this man?" Adelais asks, surprised sounding.

>A. Barely
>B. Unfortunately
>C. He's an old magic-college buddy
>D. ...
>E. Write-in response
>>
>>47779257
>C. He's an old magic-college buddy
>>
>>47779458
"Er, yeah, he's a friend from the magic academy in Holmstead. Why I met Raleigh, actually... Last I heard, he transferred to the Tower of Longevity about a year and a half ago."

"Then what's he doing in the middle of the sea?" Ada asks.

"I... I don't know," you say, shaking your head, "but I certainly plan on finding out. Hal gets lost really easily, sure, but I got a hunch it's no coincidence we came across him on a raft..."

Soon enough, Hal wakes up, sore and bothered and fighting off some nasty sunburns/heatstroke, but very much conscious and... Well, about as lucid as he gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QugbLVh9Pd4

"Whuh... Where'm I?" He asks, looking at you and squinting. "Have we met..?"

"Hal, it's Samson. You know, from school?"

"Samson? Oh, man, I didn't recognize you under all that face fuzz. Looks good on ya!" He laughs weakly, before frowning. "Uh, did you... Hear about Raleigh? Empire really messed him up..."

"Yes, I've... witnessed what they did to him firsthand," you say, "but enough about that. Why are you out here in the islands?"

"That's... Sort of a long story," he says, looking over at a nearby water bottle, swiping it and gulping it down. "I need a second to sort out my thoughts beyond 'hot' and 'ow,' alright? Mind if I hear what you've been up to in the meanwhile?"

>A. Fighting the Empire
>B. Well, you have a girlfriend...
>C. Looking for your father
>D. He can answer first.
>E. Write-in response
>F. ...
>>
>>47779637
>B. Well, you have a girlfriend...
>C. Looking for your father
>A. Fighting the Empire
>>
File: SwordmasterDS.png (2 KB, 72x73) Image search: [Google]
SwordmasterDS.png
2 KB, 72x73
>>47779779
"W-well, I mean, I have a girlfriend now," you start off, obviously having excellent priorities.

"Dude, really?" Hal responds, impressed. "I can't believe it!"

"Thanks, ass. I'll have you know Raleigh introduced us, and she's an amazing dancer, and..."

"Brag about your made-up girlfriend later," Adelais insists, knowing damn well that Millie exists and only wanting to embarrass you in the moment. "Talk to him about important stuff!"

"...wipe that grin off your face, Hal, she IS real. I'll introduce you later and everything. Anyway, I was fighting the Coastal Empire forces, when a bunch of vicious smugglers..." You feel a painful slap to the back of your head, turning and glaring at the one-eyed Swordmaster who caused it. "Ow! Ada, let me finish! Anyway, Hal, Ms. Adelais Dory here and I have been working together toward the mutual goal of eliminating Imperial presence in the region, and we haven't heard from her father or mine in far longer a time than it should've taken to."

Hal is silent for a moment, taking in all of the information you gave him. "Ohhhhh! You mean YOU'RE the Samson who's been giving the Empire hell and then some?"

"Your reputation precedes you," Ada says, oddly facetious for a factual statement.

"Er... Yes," you say, "why?"

"Eh... Lemme just save you guys the rest of the trip to that island now." Hal says, frowning. "You're not gonna find your father there."

>A. He'd better explain himself!
>B. Why's that?
>C. ...
>D. Let Adelais get answers out of him
>E. Write-in response
>>
>>47780069
>B. Why's that?
>>
>>47780118
"And why's that?" You ask, trying to keep a calm tone, but admittedly growing far less patient with this one line.

"The... Empire took him someplace in Central," Hal responds. "Methodius' granddaughter figured they could control your navy like the Dories did."

You curse quite loudly, kicking a wall hard enough to leave a dent. "Seriously?!"

"W-wait... What about my father?! My girls?!" Adelais asks, grabbing the sunburned sage by his shoulders. "Are they alright?"

"It was... Whew, it was something," Hal says. "Oswald Dory surrendered as soon as he realized they'd pinpointed his hideout, surrendered to Kristina really fast, and... Well, he's the only survivor of the end result," he tells her.

"So my father's alive!" Adelais says, trying to focus on the positives.

"As far as I know! I dunno how long I've been floating out there, but they figured they'd kill two birds with one stone by holding Oswald there, having him seemingly conduct his regular business..."

"But we haven't heard from him!" Adelais protests, worry in her voice growing clearer. "Did dad decide not to cooperate..?"

"Wait," you say, "this is all... Very frustrating and informative, but it lends a very obvious question, Hal."

"What is it, man?" He asks.

"How do you KNOW all of this?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni6MzkZv4nc

Hal sighs, whistling nervously. "Alright, don't get mad here. I know you're not gonna like the answer." His voice gets smaller and smaller as the answer you predicted comes from his mouth. "See, I kinda maybe sorta... Worked with her and Lady Rene for awhile..."

"You what?!" Adelais' fists ball up. "When did you plan on telling us this?"

"I sorta... Figured you'd either figure it out or let it blow over? I swear I'm cool."

"Like hell you are! We should throw you back overboard for what you and your friends did to my family, sunburns!"

>A. Let's hear him out first!
>B. What the hell, man?!
>C. ...
>D. Write-in response
>>
>>47780429
>A. Let's hear him out first!
>>
File: Mage_DS.png (3 KB, 72x73) Image search: [Google]
Mage_DS.png
3 KB, 72x73
>>47780516
"Whoa, hey, Adelais! Let him talk before you jump to drowning!" You pull her away from your old friend, who breathes and whines deeply.

"She grabbed my sunburns..."

"Hal, now is the part where you tell us what you've been up to," you suggest, trying to keep the situation calm. "Just... Take a deep breath, have some more water, and start."

"Alright, alright." Doing as you say, Hal finally collects his thoughts. "So... I was studying in the Tower of Longevity all that year, as you know, and then they stopped offering transportation services between the desert and Holmstead. I thought I'd find my way home myself, but it... Didn't work out, I got caught-up in skirmishes, turned around a million times, and I thought I was gonna die when some Vautou drank the last of my water. Then Methodius shows up, saves my life, and... Well, you don't spend a year studying at the Tower of Longevity without hearing that he's really a scary guy behind his fun old man schtick, and he had that pendant Director Cato made that let him warp everywhere. So I swore my life to him, said I owed him something fierce, knowing he disappeared into the islands a lot. Figured I could ditch him there and catch a boat to Holmstead, but... He either caught wise or I got unlucky, since he had me put in Lady Rene's squad for awhile, and..."

From there, Hal summarizes his tenure in Rene's team, as well as revealing to you Rene's mission to find the children of Prince Xerxes, and who/where, from what he could remember, they were. "Then, when we found your dad's hideout island, far as they know, I accidentally fell off a cliff and drowned! Knew that just running away meant Kris could find me with how far-out we were, see."

"You... You faked your death? How did you hold your breath long enough to pull that?"

"Remember second year?" Hal asks, raising his eyebrows and grinning. "That's how."

"Er... Right, of course." How could you forget THAT?

>A. So where IS dad?
>B. ...
>C. Write-in response
>>
>>47780773
Vote time renewed.
>>
>>47780773
>A. So where IS dad?
>>
File: 1456456244057.jpg (12 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1456456244057.jpg
12 KB, 480x480
Sometimes I wonder why god left
>>
File: Wyvern_lordGBAIcon.gif (2 KB, 80x69) Image search: [Google]
Wyvern_lordGBAIcon.gif
2 KB, 80x69
>>47781064
"So... Where IS my father, exactly? You said somewhere in Central..."

"I mean, last I'd heard, they were gonna entrust his 'safety' to Director Belinda..." Hal shivers. "Not a pleasant fate, I imagine."

"So odds are he's already in her clutches then..." You glare at the wall, clenching your fists. "I swore I wouldn't be jerked around by people dangling my father over my head like some prize. I think the best course of action right now is to turn around and start sailing for the-"

"Like hell we are!" Adelais responds. "Don't forget whose ship we're on! If there's any chance of my father still being alive, you can't just... expect me to turn my back to him for the sake of your own!"

"There's a... Very real chance the mages Kris stationed there've already killed him," Hal says. "I mean, you said it yourself that he hasn't sent word like they would've ordered him to..."

"Don't talk like that! There's no benefit in killing him, so why would they!"

"The Empire isn't always pragmatic," you tell Ada. "They can be... Pointlessly cruel. If he's chosen not to follow their orders, and there's no reason for them to keep Oswald ALIVE..."

"Well... W-we should still keep doing our jobs, take care of Imperial presence in our shared territory! We'll find out what to do about your father after we see about the situation of mine."

>A. Fine
>B. You have no obligation to obey her anymore
>C. It would be a waste of time...
>D. Write-in response
>>
>>47781243
>A. Fine
>>
File: SageGBAIcon.gif (2 KB, 101x100) Image search: [Google]
SageGBAIcon.gif
2 KB, 101x100
>>47781311
"...alright, fine," you say. "I can't say I don't understand your issue."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozYa8oyGdm8

"And, uh, what about me?" Hal asks. "At first I just wanted to get back to Holmstead, but now I feel bad about the whole 'Empire' thing, so... Mind if I tag along? Show that I'm not just some ass-kisser, you know?"

"I'd be happy to have you along," you say. "I mean, I met Raleigh thanks to you, and Millie through him, and..."

"Enough sentimentality!" Adelais demands. "Let me and my crew lead the charge when we get to the island. If my father is still alive, I want to be the one to save him. If he's not..." She unsheathes her Wo Dao, pointing it at nobody in particular and causing Hal's heart to skip a beat. "I want revenge."

Looking at Hal sympathetically, you quietly say, "she just does that sometimes. Don't think too much of it."

The island in question was a day and a half away on Ada's ship, and, as she promised, she was quick to send her combined forces out to tackle the small team of mages and sages that took her father's life. Considering that she and her group are considered the best of the best of the Dory company's muscle, she assured you you probably wouldn't even need to see action.

>A. You just sort of chilled until she was done
>B. You and your group followed anyway
>>
>>47781555
>>
>>47781555
>>
File: Magefighter.gif (932 B, 48x64) Image search: [Google]
Magefighter.gif
932 B, 48x64
>>47781576
She's growing on you, don't get it wrong, but... The reprieve from her and her men was a breath of fresh air for you and your team.

Hal learned that, yes, Millicent TOTALLY existed, immediately got on Fabrice ("You know, they have a saying about dark mages in the tower..."), mistook Adam for one of Ada's men who got left behind, got on surprisingly well with Dinah and Edwyg by discussing workout regimens and Holmstead living (you have to admit, for a mage and an idiot, Hal is shredded, holy shit), and just sort of... Mutually didn't talk much with Norman. They were introduced to each other by Millicent and that's about it. After that, it was mostly you and him catching up, more in-depth discussion of his time in the Tower of Longevity as you talked about how Holmstead had changed when you briefly visited it under Imperial occupation.

"Y'know, I wish Ada there'd let me come along for her little avenging bit. I mean, I didn't see anyone else who looked like they could handle a healing staff on this boat."

"Tell me about it," you respond, sighing exasperatedly, "we haven't had anyone who could since this whole mess STARTED."

"Yeah, a... Pretty good pal of mine from the Tower taught me how to use one," Hal says, looking sad. "That's the, uh, one that died right in that last battle."

"I'm... sorry to hear that."

"Yeah, it was... I'd never been that scared before, man. Made me realize I needed to get out of this Empire nonsense IMMEDIATELY, for a guy like him to just die for no reason."

Speaking of death, when you and Hal FINALLY go to check up on Adelais, you find the island riddled with dozens of mage-corpses. On the way, Hal looks at you. "S-see what I mean, Sam? Coulda been me if I wasn't so good at holding my breath. I know, people say I'm a big doofus, maybe I am, but... Even I'm not completely clueless. Dying scares the shit outta me."

>A. He's safe with you
>B. Following you around is dangerous...
>C. He's a coward
>D. Write-in response
>E. ...
>>
>>47781787
>A. He's safe with you
>>
>>47781787
>A. He's safe with you
There may be safer places than by our side, but we DO need a staff user.
>>
>>47781875
"You'll be safe by my side, Hal," you promise him. "The battlefield is a dangerous place, and I may not be... Nearly what all the talk about me cracks me up to be, but I have sworn not to let anyone else close to me fall like Raleigh, or my mother."

"We're close?" Hal asks, smiling. "I thought I was just some... annoyance to you."

"I've known you longer than... Well, everyone else in my team," you say, "and I consider everyone under my direct command a friend. Maybe we weren't too close back in the day, but we're sticking together from here on out."

"That's a... Nice thought, actually!" Hal remarks, trying to ignore the bodies the two of you continue nearly stepping in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehKCkJq--ac

When you come across the modest manor in the center of the island, showing yourselves into its bloody backyard, you spy Adelais, silently and stoically covering a hole in the ground with a shovel, tying her ripped-up headband around a wooden post she's placed overtop it. The rest of her fighters are carrying bodies, looking them over in search of who can recognize who, digging more holes as Adelais stands over the one she's just finished filling and marking.

She looks at the two of you, wordlessly, her one eye difficult to read.

>A. Write-in dialogue
>B. ...
>C. Go back to the ship
>>
>>47782028
Renewed vote time, etc.
>>
>>47782028
>A. I'm sure you know this, but I lost a parent on my journey too, my mother. Before it happened, I had planned on keeping my head down and weathering out this whole "rebellion" thing. Just, try to keep things like they were during peace, like as long as Holmstead still stood. But, when she was cut down before my eyes, I felt that I couldn't let what happened stand, and made the decision to take up the sword against the empire. I dunno what I'm trying to say other than, I know what it's like, and I'm here if you want.
I realize there is a real chance she is not standing at the grave of her father and he is okay, but Samson is either going to look cool and nice here or a fool and nice.
>>
>>47782028
>>47782202
Second.
>>
File: SwordmasterGBAIcon.gif (1 KB, 76x69) Image search: [Google]
SwordmasterGBAIcon.gif
1 KB, 76x69
>>47782202
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRy0kHblTXs

"...I'm sure you know this, but I've lost a parent to the Empire too," you say, approaching the presumably-orphaned smuggler-daughter. "Before my mother died, I was hoping to just keep my head down and do what I had to until this rebellion blew over. Go back to Holmstead, sleep this all off, and publish my dead friend's book. When I had to watch her bleed and die, though, I couldn't just take a passive stance to the Gerxel anymore, what they do to people. I learned to fight with a sword, tried to channel even half of the drive she had into making the world a peaceful place for people like my father."

"...what's your point?" She asks, turning away and bringing her hand to her eye.

"The point is that I know what you've gone through, that it's a miserable thing no one should experience... And as your friend, I'm here if you need to cry about it." And just a few days ago, you were trying to figure out the best way to backstab her. How the Empire has a way of forcing fair-weather friends to fight through a storm...

"...the Dory company won't take this lying down," Adelais swears. "You know it's not in our nature to have anything BUT the last word in edgewise for a fight. Your mage friend says this... Director Belinda's the one holding your father?" She draws her sword, wiping her eye with her hand before turning to face you two. "My father made a promise, that after we were done with our mutual foes, you would see Lazare again, that he wouldn't lay a finger on him. Oswald Dory would never break a promise, and I won't leave him unable to fulfill his last one."

There's something about the discussion of a final promise that makes this situation feel a little over the top, but who are you to judge her word choice? She's going through a lot right now.

>character limit, continued next post
>>
File: FatesDarkMagePortrait.png (49 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
FatesDarkMagePortrait.png
49 KB, 256x256
>>47782421
Back on the ship, Fabrice outlines a couple possibilities for your next course of action, knowing that, whatever you do, you won't exactly sit idly by and leave Lazare in Belinda's hands.

"Adam, Dinah and I haven't reported back to Noba in quite some time, and I think we're all tired of the open sea. We've plenty of effective lieutenants among the ranks of our liberation army, and I'm certain all of you would be happy to pass through the certainly-reclaimed-by-now Holmstead again, perhaps check on the people of Alder. I'm certain that Sir Jovan would be willing to lend aid to the rebels of Central in doing away with Director Belinda. This would be the proper and responsible thing to do, but with Samson's father's life on the line, I understand that that's... Not terribly appealing. However, if you were to leave the overseeing of the island's security and reporting to Sir Jovan to myself, it could give the illusion that you're not actively coming for Director Belinda, offer a chance for a more... Small-scale, covert operation to catch her by surprise before she can do anything. Of course, this is incredibly foolhardy, dangerous, and assumes she both hasn't killed Lazare already and will do so if she knows you're coming."

>A. Let's return to Noba!
>B. Let's hurry to Central!
>>
>>47782487
>A. Let's return to Noba!
We could use a rest after that fighting, plus, it might be good to have the leader do some leading on the home front.
>>
>>47782536
"Fabrice, I know how badly you want me to authorize the smart thing here... Well, you'll rest easily tonight." You turn towards Adelais. "Ada, have you ever been to Holmstead?"

"I've... Never left the islands, actually," she admits. "What's the mainland like?"

"Holmstead's a beautiful place, and Noba's a well put-together nation. There weren't even any power plays when the king holding the whole place together died without a successor, they just... Banded together more tightly than they had before," you say.

"This unity can't last forever, though," Fabrice says, "Sir Jovan has no intent of maintaining authority over the land after this war has ended, and he's currently filling the Augustus-shaped hole to the best of his ability, riding off of his untimely death." Fabrice rubs his chin, looking you over. "That being said, Director Hera was the one who truly finished the king off after the sisters weakened him... Perhaps as 'the slayer of the regicidal barbarian,' you'll have some weight to your words."

"Hera was hardly a barbarian," you say, "but... You do have a point." Smiling sentimentally, you add, "I miss my cat, anyway."

Adelais Dory and her crew begin the long sail towards Holmstead. Even though you'll be returning home for the second time now, you can't even pretend to be coming home to stay like last time.

>to be continued next thread
I wasn't expecting much mileage out of Hal even when I first introduced him, just figuring that I needed more 'just some guy' type characters for a more authentic FE feel/to round out the cast, even when he was tied to Samson's background and given opportunities to interact with every single protagonist, as could be seen when he was very much in the background for Rene. Even went into this thread expecting him to be more of a gag character with a "maybe he's not COMPLETELY idiotic" punchline+healer for Samson.

Thanks for playing, as always. Update twitter/ask.fm are qmgrandflocto, and I'll be around in-thread.
>>
>>47782666
Thanks for running.
>>
>>47782777
Always a pleasure.

It's actually a little surprising that, with a lot of male/female and female/female dynamics and bonds friendships with a ton of depth, my quests have had comparatively few brotherly bonds of note. Samson's friendship and contrasts with Raleigh were going to be a bigger part, but then he died, and his heavy philosophical influence from his father (and, similarly, Dyrus' mentorship from his grandfather) isn't quite the same. The friendships of Biff and Byron and Generically 2's Lloyd and Ansi are about the only two significant friendships I can think of off the top of my head, so hopefully Hal can mitigate that.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.