[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does MTGO suck ass? I was thinking about getting into it,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 771x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 771x1024
So does MTGO suck ass? I was thinking about getting into it, but after reading about the way everything works with event tickets and bots and whatnot it seems that MTGO is just straight shit. Anybody have experience with it?
>>
File: image.gif (41 KB, 500x516) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
41 KB, 500x516
>>
File: image.png (172 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
image.png
172 KB, 439x290
>>
Just use Cockatrice or XMage if you want to play online, unless you're looking for actual sanctioned play by Wizards in case you're fucked.

It's absolute garbage and half of the cards aren't properly coded. God help you if you try to stack effects properly.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 500x374
>>
>>47770982
it's not straight shit, but it is a lot of shit. WotC has a habit of making digital offerings that are technically functional but fall short of actual desirable specifications.
>>
File: image.png (869 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
869 KB, 640x960
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 226x311) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 226x311
>>
>>47771087

Duel, obviously
>>
>>47771087
Is he on a motorcycle y/n

If N, Then: Drive over his testicles on my motorcycle

If Y, Then: Duel
>>
>>47771087
summon 3 blue eyes white dragons
>>
>>47771057
I know it's probably a proxy or that reprint, but it still triggers me. I can hear that card's pain.
>>
>>47774719
That's actually real, if memory serves.

One of the old school ways of checking if a card was legit or not was the bend test. Some people still swear by it.

Google it.
>>
>>47770982
I enjoy it, when I can't get out to draft nights or play with friends.

It can be a bit buggy, and it hogs a surprising amount of cpu and ram, but overall it's a decent program if you want Wizards sanctioned shit.
>>
>>47774707
That's against the rules, isn't it?
>>
>>47775045
Screw the rules, something memetic!
>>
>>47771087
Pick my weapon of choise.
>>
>>47770982
MTGO is terrible because Wizards pays below-average wages, thus only getting subpar programmers. That, and firing them every year to avoid obligations.

It's a clusterfuck of bad decisions and imcompetence, like everything outside of the card game itself.
>>
>>47771032
what one is better
I use cockatruce now
>>
>>47782801
XMage has a rules engine.
>>
Online magic is better than no magic

Test a bunch of decks on xmage first to know for sure what you want to buy into first before buying on mtgo
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.