[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's the 13th century and you and the other PCs are die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: prester john.jpg (8 KB, 160x219) Image search: [Google]
prester john.jpg
8 KB, 160x219
It's the 13th century and you and the other PCs are die hard European crusaders in the Holy Land. Things have gone decidedly pear-shaped for the Crusader States and you've decided the current strategy is for the birds. In a last ditch attempt to salvage the situation, you and your band decide to follow an old lead in an attempt to get help: Prester John.

Following what you think are clues, you head to the utter east and after a long and dangerous journey, you reach the banks of the Yangzte river, and are confronted with an advanced kingdom which in your minds could only belong to Prester John.

There's only one problem. On the banks of the river is an army...and it's leader is someone named Kublai Khan...

Would you play this?
>>
>>47770735
yes
>>
What would you want to be doing in this scenario? Leading armies? Banditry? Saving people?
>>
>>47770735
A lot of it sounds pretty interesting and solid. My concern would be that it seems to have been pretty strongly dictated up to this point, so I'd be worried about railroading in the future.
>>
Nah. Do what you want. Now what would that be?
>>
>>47770735
>There's only one problem. On the banks of the river is an army...and it's leader is someone named Kublai Khan...
Form an alliance with him, invade Tunisia, roll up all the way to Egypt (the heart of the Islamic world) with the king of England while "Prester John" wrecks them in Persia and pushes to the Mediterranean and, here's the most important step: DON'T SHIT YOURSELF TO DEATH.
>>
>>47770735
What of the church founded by Bishop Nestorius? That must surely be around here somewhere.
>>
>>47770735
Sounds fun.

I'd rather throw my lot in with Saladin though- I want to pick the winning side.
>>
>>47770943
If we go full Alt-History it might not be that side.

Although if we do go full Alt-History I would be more interested in assassinating Richard the Lionheart.
>>
Well we're playing a mongol game, but it's not as strongly based in reality. Some of the characters in fact, are NotMarco Polo and retinue.
>>
>>47770735
Sounds more like you want to write a novel.

Protip: write a novel.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.