[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey tg. Currently building a fantasy setting for an upcoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1460691767521.jpg (270 KB, 1200x756) Image search: [Google]
1460691767521.jpg
270 KB, 1200x756
Hey tg. Currently building a fantasy setting for an upcoming campaign.

In the world I'm planning on having two major city states in a sort of cold war situation. The two will not actually fight or be real enemies with each other, but their governing bodies work hard to give the illusion that they are so do that their people work hard and have a sense of unity.

I planned on having stories told or newspaper headlines of ridiculous spy vs spy antics told to the pcs.

Things like official representatives taste testing traded foods to determine if they are poisonous.

The building of large walls to reflect more radiant heat towards the other city.

The planting of children in the education system that intentionally ask questions and cause disruptions in classrooms so that kids are exposed to less curriculum.

Agents sneaking across borders at night and dumping water near towns to increase the overall humidity.

I was wondering if all you creative guys had any good ideas to add. Thanks!
>>
Bandits and tribes of savages (barbarians, orcs, beastmen, etc.) with better weapons and armor targeting convoys only from one of the nations.
>>
A group of state sponsored smugglers trying to addict the populace of one of the major cities yo an addictive drug
Or they're trying to smuggle goods into and out of the city to mess with the economy
>>
Spys from one nation pee along the roads of one nation to make the grass around them look patchy and unkept.
>>
Satiric newspapers sprout up to poke fun and spread rumors about nobles, secretly funded and run by the opposing nations scholars and spies
>>
>>47764964
>newspaper headlines
You might want to look up, borrow, or pirate Paper, by Mark Kurlansky.
>>
>>47764964
>>
>>47764964
You should read 1984 by Orwell. It's about 3 nations constantly at war and the government of the MC's nation lying to the populace about shortages and victories. It's also implied that The nation the MC lives in is the only one that believes they in any form of war and the rest of the world is completely nomal.

Anyway, to steal from the book

>the news only reports positives about the war. One day the papers report "Because of our victory in Xville, the ration of meat will be increased to 3lbs per day per house!" two weeks later, report "Citizens, rejoice! because of our brilliant ambassadors trade deals, the ration of meat will be increase to 1lbs per day per household!"
>>
>spies planting trees next to roads, so that if unchecked, the roots will damage roads in 20-30 years

>agents joined the public works planning group with the intention of changing street layouts to spell naughty words if viewed from a map

>a spy ring was brought to justice yesterday, only for it to be revealed that everyone in the spy ring worked for different counterespionage agencies in the government, a discovery only made when they all simultaneously tried arresting each other
>>
>>47764964
I'm having a hard time deciding if you're trying to be comical about it or not. Some of the things you said are actual things two cold war enemies might do, the others are...just silly.
>>
>>47770354
What!?! you never heard of the infamous "dump water next to town" technique?
It is 103% effective!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.