[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a way to play a pally that realized he doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: pally.jpg (795 KB, 885x821) Image search: [Google]
pally.jpg
795 KB, 885x821
What's a way to play a pally that realized he doesn't actually care for the people he's supposed to protect or the lawes he's supposed to uphold and quite frankly wants most of his superiors, evil aligned, dead, but the salary and permissions affordet to him by the Watch expedite matters immensely, while remaining within the confines of LG?

>inb4 stop playing D&D
>>
I barely comprehend what you're even asking
>>
>>47753983
Wish I had that greentext of that Paladin who does paladin things even when he hates every minute, every person, all the time.
>>
>>47754005
Try finishing junior high or your regional equivalent them. Your mental capacities are obviously lacking.
>>
>>47753983
>lawes
>affordet
>all this shit clumsily crammed in single sentence
>>
>>47754038
"what's a way for a NE paladin who only is a paladin because "the salary and permissions affordet to him by the Watch expedite matters immensely" while still being LG" is not a coherent question OP.
>>
>>47753983
He can still remain lawful good.

He sure as fuck wouldn't be a paladin.
>>
>>47753983
A lawful good would 1. not work for evil people, 2. a lawful good would extend his protection to everyone, or at least the laws that those people decided upon by themselves, even the people he disagrees with; if he doesn't believe in that philosophy then he's not lawful good, 3. what matters would be expedited if he isn't performing a single duty pertaining to his role as a paladin? Further, why would an evil organization fund a paladin to go on quests that actively worked against their agenda? I don't think it would be possible to play a lawful good paladin in this situation, unless he had a similar intelligence score to you.

>>47754038
I doubt he was referring to a literal lack of comprehension, but rather that he couldn't understand the contradictions I noted above. Perhaps maybe you (I'm assuming you're OP) lack the mental capacity to write linear sentences? I believe that would be a skill learned earlier than junior high, elementary or preschool even.
>>
File: tardy.jpg (59 KB, 736x584) Image search: [Google]
tardy.jpg
59 KB, 736x584
>>47753983
>>47754038
Your question (if you can call it that) is just a bunch of incoherent words. Don't get mad because you can't even type a concise question, no one here knows what the fuck you're talking about. If you want something answered don't put it behind a cipher.
>>
>>47754038
>lawes
>affordet

finish elementary school first kiddo
>>
I get lawes, w e and s are all right there, but fucking affordet?
>>
>>47753983

As soon as the paladin has the slightest inkling that he is working for/helping Evil aligned people, he must stop or he risks falling. Full stop.

One could argue working from within the system to bring them down but the Paladin would have to do so painstakingly within the framework of whatever society hes in, and he would have to not perform any acts that he would consider Evil or against his God's code.

Paladin's are exemplars of their God's virtue. They don't get to tread morally grey areas in the name of the greater good.
>>
>>47754038
>>47754038
>>>47754005
>Try finishing junior high(comma) or your regional equivalent (removed).

>*Your mental capacities are obviously lacking.*
^that's you OP
>>
>>47753983
>How do I play a Paladin contradictory to how a Paladin behaves?

Play a Fighter. Roleplay said fighter as providing lipservice to a cause/deity and genuinely believing himself holy.
Just because he's not a Paladin, doesn't mean he can't convince others of it.
>>
File: 1464895251768s.jpg (9 KB, 228x250) Image search: [Google]
1464895251768s.jpg
9 KB, 228x250
>>47754084
>>
>>47753983
Assuming I deciphered what you're asking, you want a Paladin who doesn't give a fuck about being a Paladin and just wants to be able to Smite some dudes who pissed him off?

Not a typical Paladin mindset. Avenger from 4e or a Vengeance Oath Paladin from 5e are both better fits, since they focus on just outright killing people instead of protecting. Even they usually are killing for a more selfless reason though.
>>
>>47754038
It's too early in the week for this level of shitposting, anon. Can you wait until Wednesday?
>>
>>47753983
Been a long ass time since I've played D&D, but you either go Gray Paladin (or neutral paladin, whatever it's called) or anti-paladin (evil aligned paladin). There is no in-between. I'm pretty sure these are prestige classes so level up, role play as though you're losing your faith or whatever, then eventually make the choice.
>>
File: tumblr_mgat982BtJ1r2g7mto1_250.jpg (26 KB, 250x150) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgat982BtJ1r2g7mto1_250.jpg
26 KB, 250x150
>>47754038

>write a confused, comma smoothie of a question full of basic spelling errors and no real point
>tell off someone who doesn't know what you're fucking talking about

If you want help don't be such a prick to people who need clarification, you fag.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.