[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: Sigmar vs Godbeast.jpg (338 KB, 1625x1057) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar vs Godbeast.jpg
338 KB, 1625x1057
>resources
pastebin.com/gBN0SUrK

AoS arts sux edition

>I heard about summoning in matched play is nothing but deep strike.

Thought?
>>
>>47751589
Old thread
>>47723950
>>
File: AoS Meta.png (4 MB, 2800x2800) Image search: [Google]
AoS Meta.png
4 MB, 2800x2800
First for you can't touch this
>>
Are they going to release a new army book for Ogors or is it just part of the Destruction book? is there a decent amount of stuff in the Destruction book and is it the equal of the old Ogre kingdoms book?
>>
Is there a guide how you should approach the books? The reading order and such.
>>
File: _chaos_lord_end.jpg (333 KB, 1135x1440) Image search: [Google]
_chaos_lord_end.jpg
333 KB, 1135x1440
I've got a fair bit of cash and I'm sick and tired of the current state of 40k with the game being horribly imbalanced and you basically have to house-rule 2nd edition for shit to be remotely balanced. AOS honestly seems a bit better considering EVERYBODY looks like they have utterly broken builds so shit cancels out.

What's a good Slaves to Darkness shopping/list?
>>
File: image.jpg (302 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
302 KB, 1000x1000
>>47752547
>>
>>47750673
40k thread has amazing mega as well, was suprise art all the fantasy new and old hammer
>>
>>47752923
Was warbeast always there. I dont recall it the first time the meme appeared
>>
>>47752746
Their Start Collecting box seems a pretty solid place to begin.
>>
>>47752746
That 5 giant list always seemed fun
>>
>>47753129

>tfw no dark elf start collecting
>>
>>47753220
I know your pain. I would play Dwarfs with Pants.
>>
>>47751589
Everytime I click through the AoS section on the GW Homepage:

>mfw I like the models a lot
>basically no rules and total anarchy
>fuck this won't buy untill they release a proper ruleset again
>>
>>47753310
Are they going to add more lets start things? Are even dark elf models done?
>>
File: 1462585666417.png (461 KB, 870x722) Image search: [Google]
1462585666417.png
461 KB, 870x722
>>47751651
Here's your (You)
>>
>>47751651
Are there any dedicated monster killing units in the chaos grand alliance?
Everyone seems to include tons of huge monsters in their lists, and the only guy I can find with bonus damage against them is throt the unclean, and he isn't tough enough for them.
>>
>>47753127
No, they fixed it.
>>
>>47752746
Start with the Start Collecting box and add a Daemon Prince. From there on out, you can do whatever you want.

All-cav? Buy some Marauder Horsemen, cut apart your Sorcerer Lord and put him on a Horse and then add more cav.

Or work your way toward the Godsworn Champions of Ruin Battalion, that's pretty good.

Or just add some more Chaos Warriors, a Warshrine and a Chaos Lord.

Or do an old-school monster mash with Dragon Ogors, Chimeras and stuff.

Maybe lean towards one god or stay neutral, I just wouldn't advise an old-school mix-and-match army because of the Keyword system.
>>
>>47753532
so just take a dwarf slayer king, and make the model chaos-y. no synergy with the rest of your army but its actually really good at killing big stuff so eh.
>>
>>47753532
First, that list is shit-posting by a sperglord.

To answer your question, afaik there's very little with bonus damage against monsters but Chaos has enough that can pluck monsters apart, such as Blightkings, Skullreapers, Stormvermin, Warp Lightning Cannons, Stormfiends, Flamers of Tzeentch and lots of other high-damage bullshit.

Only things with actual bonus damage against monsters I know are the Manticore (which is shit even with these boosts) and Screamers of Tzeentch who have the awesome damage-becomes-D3-against-monsters ability (but aren't particularly killy against anything but monsters because of it).
>>
>>47753474
2 new ones are out for pre-order. Yes, they're 40k, but that means they're still making those.

Some rumor-monger also said that there'll be a new kind of starter set with stuff like 5 Liberators vs. 5 Blood Warriors for 20-30 bucks, which I think is likely.
>>
>>47753596
Screamers also shutdown summoning circles
>>
>>47753551
My favorite Chaos Gods are Tzeentch and Slaanesh, how do they fare in the meta?
>>
>>47753917
Slaanesh has some verz powerful shit. Daemonettes are among the hardest-hitting line infantry in the game.
And Tzeentch's recursive summoning shenanigans are a horror to face.
>>
>>47753917
you got lucky with the silver tower and its tzeentch stuff.
>>
Which factions were released so far?

Sigmarines
Undead
Chaos
Lizards
Dwarves

Is that all? What are they working on now?
>>
>>47753631
>Yes, they're 40k, but that means they're still making those.

What do you mean? You can use W40k models in AoS or what?
>>
>>47754016
Next thing up is almost certainly slyvaneth (tree spirits), though they're also working on the general's compendium currently.
>>
>>47753974
What a time to be alive.

>meanwhile in 40k Slaanesh is shit-tier along with the rest of Chaos.
>>
>>47754016
You should really specify what Dwarfs, seeing as the Fyreslayers are different to the normal Dwarf army.
>>
>>47754130

I cant specify anything because I know shit about this game and I dont even play.

I want to start playing tho and trying to pick a race. I would prefer Dark elves but it seems they are not out yet
>>
I want to give this game a fair shout, but as my group has some pretty extensive Fantasy armies, we don't want to buy the starter set.

The few times we have attempted it haven't worked out. The first time we just ended up using our biggest models and never got around to actually playing. The second time we tried a High Elf/Dark Elf game that seemed about balanced until the Phoenix Guard got into combat.

So my question is where's the best place to start out? What are some good mission or formations for Age of Sigmar? Is there a good place to start without springing for the starter set itself?
>>
>>47753596
>Posting a valid list that the crap rules of this ''''''''game''''''' allows is shit-posting because muh AoS is perfect
>>
what are "snap-fit" minies ?

I´m looking at some really cheap pack of 3 snap fit Stormcasts + paints for them
>>
>>47754656
They go together without glue, typically having no or posability.
>>
>>47754656
They are not pose-able. They can only be assembled in a single way, normally with a hole-and-peg or something to make sure you can't fuck it up.
>>
>>47754016
>>47754130
what the other anon said, im denying fireslayers are dwarves because not enough plate and angry machinery.
>>
>>47754685
>>47754686

well fuck that does not sound like a fun at all
>>
>>47754233
>The first time we just ended up using our biggest models and never got around to actually playing

So you took out your models, looked at them, and then went home?
>>
>>47754702
It is supposed to be cheap since its for newbies. It isn't meant for people to add to their collection.

Those sets don't even come with proper pots of paint, they come with tiny little things.
>>
I mentioned a while back that I got the Empire Battalion box for free. I'm currently painting them up to ranger-esque crusaders cursed with plague. Rules-wise are there any units I should consider getting to beef up the army? I'm mostly trying to keep it in a very realm of life and woodland theme but a paint job and some green stuff can go a long way.
>>
>>47754830

guess I will have to coerce my friend to start playing and split the Sigmarines vs Chaos box.

Is it possible that they will make other race packs like that ?
>>
>>47754608
>Being this assblasted over MSpaint memes

Show me your 6 Nagash and 8 Mourngul army then faggot
>>
>>47754016
ironjawz
>>
>>47754934
That is the Starter set. It tends to be a one off thing, normally one for each edition, but since AoS is different to previous GW releases, who knows how it will work.
Starter set models are also one pose only by the way.
>>
File: SkavenPlague censer.jpg (237 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
SkavenPlague censer.jpg
237 KB, 1000x665
>>47754016
>Forgetting the best clan

A thousand shit-poxes upon thee

I want Eshin to get the next spotlight. updated night runners fucking when GW
>>
File: DSP beats it.png (113 KB, 616x383) Image search: [Google]
DSP beats it.png
113 KB, 616x383
>>47753451
Basically how i feel.

AoS has been out for like what a year maybe? i've bought one Slaughterpriest, and the fucker was converted into my KDK army anyway.

I've just played with my old fantasy shit, i like the game and my army, but as tempted as i am to purchase things i just hate the idea of buying shit i'll regret, and i know i don't NEED anything, so fuck 'em i'll keep my shekels.

Teasing us yesterday and then telling us the Compendium is actually out next month is a total dick move, but until we have solid rules GW gets none of my dosh
>>
>>47754840

get some archermen
>>
>>47753917
Probably a bit late, but Daemonettes are cray cray, Tzeentch is great with the new silver tower stuff and Flamers being great. Tzeentch is rather deceptively shooty.
>>
Has anyone made a chart of the most efficient demons to summon?
>>
>>47755423
Horrors can summon more horrors so I reckon those would be #1. Really depends what you mean by efficient.
>>
>>47755464
Besides chain summoning I mean. Like what value they give you like some summon 10 some only summon 1 and are infinitely worse than summoning an equivalent herald.
>>
>>47755036
>>47753451
Have you actually played the game? Played three matches over the weekend, 1 with my brother who is a playing veteran of every edition and we both liked it quite a lot.

We did some eyeball balancing and every match was close enough to make for enjoyable matches for everyone.
>>
>>47755423
>>47755464
>>47755478
Keep in mind the changes to summoning that will happen once the points system comes out.
>>
>>47755484
I've played the game several times, but that's not the issue here.

It's more the idea that points or any structure it's hard to know what's worth buying or fielding.

E.g: you don't want to rush out and pick up 3 Verminlords, and then a month later they cost so many points you'll never field all 3 in an average game

even with eyeball balance i'm sure you employed some houserules, it's hard not to
>>
>>47755717
Honestly, did you actually think a normal game would involve 3 verminlords, or were you just being hyperbolic?
>>
>>47754037
No, I meant there are two new SC boxes coming out this week. They're both 40k, but that means new SC boxes are still being produced, which means there may be new AoS SC boxes coming out.
>>
>>47756024
>a normal game would involve 3 verminlords
>normal game

Why not? a Verminlord is just a 12 wound unit.

replace 2 of them with Plague furnaces, also 12 wound units and add 4+ Monk units and you have the Virulent procession, Pestilens largest batallion in their book

plenty of Daemon formations involve or allow the fielding of several greater daemons. we all know of the 5 Giant / Stardrake formations.

Clearly ALL of these are no mistake, whilst Aos can be a skirmish game it is obvious the designers are quite happy for it to also be played on a much larger scale.

Tell me what a 'normal game' is? You can't until some semblance of structure is introduced
>>
>The week after hints at even more pointy ears, without precising for what system.
C'mon GW, give us thunderthighs and the battlebeetle already.
>>
>>47756142
You think it will be 40k? Eldar couldn't get any stronger and GW gives no fucks about DE.

I assume they will release the normal tree soldiers first, they do like to drip-feed us and that way the Beetle can come in last as damage control if the initial models don't seem popular. At my LGS Treemen are everywhere, this new beetle is going to sell a lot
>>
>>47755423
If we talk about model power gained vs. casting roll success rate, then I'd claim Plague Drones are the best as they're tough as nails and pretty strong and only have casting value 6.

If we talk about actually increasing your army, then Heralds of Tzeentch and Pink Horrors are the best as they can summon more and more. Hell, the Herald is probably the best as once per game he can cast with 3D6 so one overpowered summoning spell can be made much easier and every casting roll of 9+ (aka the roll that just summoned that Soul Grinder) lets him cast another spell.

If we were talking about summoning in general and not just daemons, then Morghast Harbingers would win out over everything as they're super strong, comparatively easy to summon, make it easier to summon yet more stuff and with 3D6" charges have a much easier time charging straight after being summoned.

>>47754608
Thank you for proving my point.

>>47754948
The hilarious part would be that if he actually bought all of this just to prove a point, he'd dump more money into GW's lap that any three players who actually like this game.
>>
>>47756209

I believe there's an Eldar sketchbook coming out soon by Jes Goodwin so the WD may be referring to that.
>>
>>47756141
>Why not? a Verminlord is just a 12 wound unit.
Now youre just being retarded.

There is a big difference between a 12 wound MONSTER HERO WIZARD and a unit of 12 clan rats.
>>
>>47756141
>it is obvious the designers are quite happy for it to also be played on a much larger scale.
Yes. We know. Damn near everyone that plays the game knows it can be played at the skirmish scale, or mid-sized battles, or as massive battles, or whatever, and you work out what you want to play and pick stuff accordingly.

So no, I can't tell you what a "normal" game is, other than that *on average* it won't be large enough for three greater daemons of the horned rat to rock up. That's the upper end of the scale. Hence why most people won't be rushing out to buy three of the things, and the suggestion people might do so and then get screwed by the points system is a little bit silly.
>>
>>47756209
Let's be real here, I'm dead certain Alarielle will come out before the other Sylvaneth stuff. They do love their overblown centerpiece models after all.
I HOPE they release the smaller stuff first, because if the Sprite Revenants look only half as good as their artwork suggests, I'd be all over those and would buy two boxes the day they come out.
>>
>>47756242
No shit you fucking mongoloid

Notice how i didn't draw such comparisons, you did

Instead i was comparing it to a Furnace, a HERO PRIEST unit with a damage table and powerful buff / damage ability. y'know an actual fair comparison
>>
>>47753220
I want all the start collections for order but GW don't want to release them
>>
>>47756209

40k general told me that SC Eldar and Dark Eldar are coming next week
>>
>>47756280
They will probably just release it all at once along with the battletome
>>
>>47754840
another unit of state troops

some kind of hero
>>
>>47756408
The Orruks had two weeks of releases didn't they?

Looking at the artwork, we have:
Tree Elves
Big tree people, which aren't AS big as Treelords
Tree People with bows
Tree spirit things?
Alarielle on a giant Beetle.

They COULD do it all at once I suppose, but I imagine they will stretch it over 2 weeks.
>>
File: 99550202012_EmpireCommand.jpg (38 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99550202012_EmpireCommand.jpg
38 KB, 600x620
Do the old FW models have rules support? I'm not sure what hero unit I want to get(>>47756432)
I might wait for Alarielle to come out since that fits the theme.
>>
>>47756447
I recall that orruks were released all at once, alongside the destruction book. I could be wrong about that
>>
>>47756294
Then you simply have no point, as most people will tell you that more than 2 Plague Furnaces are unnecessary outside of gigantic games. Same with Verminlord. Playing one is cool. Playing two makes you a dick unless the game is huge. Playing three makes you a dick even if the game is huge.

Yes, genius, there are gigantic Battalions, but nobody fucking plays them. In point of fact, most casual players don't play Battalions at all and if they do, it'll be one or two of the smaller ones.

The "average" game size is somewhere between 50 and 90 Wounds per side.
>but wound-counting is houseruling
Yes, it is. Your point being? WHFB tournaments house-ruled to no end and THAT game had a balancing system
>inb4 shitstorm
>>
>>47753989
Year of tzeentch if you believe the lady
>>
File: 1465068193404.png (981 KB, 960x664) Image search: [Google]
1465068193404.png
981 KB, 960x664
>>47754984
And plastic interchangeable weapon teams
>>
>>47756795
I disagree the battalion with the captured realmgate is good use of verminlord and being able to teleport monks
>>
>>47756384
This is what seems more likely, the week after I would expect Sylvaneth.
>>
>>47757082
>No rules for the pavise
>melee attack
>no rules for jamming or friendly fire
>2 man unit so it doesn't make sense in terms of WHQ
>random buff to self healing
Pretty shit homebrew bro
>>
>>47754232
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Dark-Elves-Dark-Riders

Then click tab that says rules, :)
>>
>>47756795
>nobody plays with multiple monsters bcuz i sed so lel
>anyone who does is a 'dick'
>wound-counting

Shit opinions tbqh
>>
>>47757172
>Weapon teams never had the pavise rule or even the shield on the model
>Every ST unit has a melee attack
>implying weapon teams can't fight in melee period
>Nobody has friendly fire
>Several shooting unis have self-healing buffs, it's a common theme

Play the fucking game and consider actually looking at the Ratling gun model before you shitpost m8.
>>
>>47757408
Ok i'll give you the pavise since i was thinking jezzails but everything else still stands. Ratling Guns have no melee range, have friendly fire (via mishap table) and what kind of Skaven tech except the HPA can self heal? Oh my ratling gun will just heal it's wounds because the barrel is so hot, that makes sense
>>
>>47757497
>what is design synergy between the potential to self-damage and self-heal
>what is a defensive hero
>what is the concept of reloading / unjamming / cooling a weapon during downtime
>what is being so autistic you're upset over some random homebrew on /tg/

Dude go make your own hero card if it triggers you this much.
>>
File: Skaven Assassin.jpg (759 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Skaven Assassin.jpg
759 KB, 1024x732
>>47757568
I have, and other than needing to come up with a different renown ability because it's pretty fucking OP it fits with what a ST character should be
>>
>>47757497
The Ratling gun does have a melee range and weapon in AoS. The friendly fire is also gone in AoS, instead being replaced with a chance to just hurt/ kill themselves which is also represented on anon's card.

My main complaint with it is that Wild Spray seems a bit to powerful being an Area attack that hits on 4+ and deals 2-5 wounds per hit depending on your roll, even with the 1 in 3 chance to wound your self. On that matter, if a 1 or 2 is rolled on one of the attacks for the Area spray, are all subsequent shots lost, or is it just the attack that rolled the 1 or 2?
>>
Anyone got the Khorne cultist skin paint guide? I can't for the life of me remember how to do the rune scars.
>>
>>47756479
some do, some don't

alarielle might b cool, so holding off until she comes out could be smart
>>
>>47758320
Probably screamer pink. It's always fucking screamer pink.
>>
>>47757223
I want pretty new AoS models and not ugly WHFB
>>
>>47758320
Full one.
Flayed One Flesh base. Shade w/ Reikland Fleshshade, then Druchii Violet over/around the scar tissue. Layer Flayed One Flesh over everything. Paint scar tissue w/ Screamer Pink, accentuate Pallid Wych Flesh. Done.
That's what the starter box book says.
>>
>>47758722
learn 2 b8
>>
>>47758912

I was not even baiting.
>>
>>47758969
Then you're just dumb. The Dark Elves got a complete fucking overhaul just a year or three before WHFB crashed and burned so their quality is almost the same as that of the current AoS models. Don't believe me? Compare Black Ark Corsairs to literally all High Elves infantry.

In other words, if you're waiting for Dark Elves to get new models, you might as well go play a different game, because that won't happen for the next five to ten years.
>>
>>47758969
Then you should have asked when their start collector box is coming lol
>>
>>47759204
>their quality is almost the same as that of the current AoS models
Better they're not monopose and actually have character.
>>
>>47759204
and what about the cults of darkness (or something like that) and the slaaneshi stuff that were promised this year? As Malekith n' friends are teabagging slaanesh
>>
>>47759245
They're no less monopose than AOS stuff. You've got a bit of variety on the angle of the arms but for most of the dark elf minis are standing how the designers made them.

And character is subjective. Some people hate the new executioners for exactly that for example, while some love them.
>>
So what exactly happened to Bretonnia? I saw their warscolls recently and all the characters were there. Didn't Leoncour die in a civil war and why is the Green Knight still hiding his persona?
>>
>>47759331
Those are Shadowkin, a completely separate faction that might come out later this year. Whether these will bear even the slightest resemblance to Dark Elves we know is another question.
>>
>>47759379
Those are legacy warscrolls, meant so that you don't have to dump all your favorite special characters into the trash just because they died in End Times. Their existence does not imply the characters are still alive.
Brets have been given no mention one way or another but their old model lines aren't sold any longer.
According to some rumormongers, they will eventually be rebooted as an all-Pegasus force.
>>
File: 1444847000281.png (261 KB, 373x449) Image search: [Google]
1444847000281.png
261 KB, 373x449
>>47759245

>stormcasts
>character

>mirrowslayers
>not monopose

wew lad, wew
>>
>>47759515
>>stormcasts
>>character

Fyreslayer is monopose.
>>
>>47759631

It would be nice if any of that was actually present on their models.
>>
>>47759653
>actually present on their models.

When stormcast is popular enough.
>>
File: sdgsdgg.png (20 KB, 507x156) Image search: [Google]
sdgsdgg.png
20 KB, 507x156
Guys, in the event page on FB someone asked if the event will be disappointing and/or planned like storm of chaos etc. The answer is interesting.
Can't wait for it!
>>
File: Skpurdo.jpg (147 KB, 902x648) Image search: [Google]
Skpurdo.jpg
147 KB, 902x648
>>47759697
>Four grand alliances

the pantheon a shit, the alliances a shit

Fuck Archaon, Skaven fight for the glory of the Horned Rat. Beastmen are the chaos jobbers.
>>
>>47758884
thanks
>>
>>47759852
Archaon is the Horned rats chosen champion tho, along with all the other chaos gods
>>
You can score points for your alliance with battle victorys, painting models and collecting (i.e buying) models from your faction. Battles can be any size, any scenario, and do not need to be supervised in store (at home for example). Thoughts?
>>
>>47759899
What, no he didn't. Archaon even snubbed the Horned rat, he doesn't recognize him as a god

>collecting (i.e buying) models from your faction
Jewish/10
>>
>>47759934
Horned rat is tsundere for Archaon/into humiliation and still gave him his blessing though
>>
File: Skaven Packmaster.jpg (176 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
Skaven Packmaster.jpg
176 KB, 800x1000
>>47759971
>Horned rat is tsundere for Archaon
DELET THIS
>>
>>47759984
It's not like I want you to hate-spit on me chaos thing
>>
>>47759697
So I play Skaven and i'll be damned if i let them jerk Archeon more than he has been, what are some actual interesting and fun armies i could build with destruction? I'd play my high elves but i don't want more smegmarine lime light either
>>
File: I Obey-serve.png (4 MB, 1660x1078) Image search: [Google]
I Obey-serve.png
4 MB, 1660x1078
>>47759852
The Skaven and their Horned Rat broke their backs in order to be accepted into the prime pantheon as one of the major powers and now you complain? Ungrateful.

If you want to be a major Chaos power you must accept Archaon as your lord and destroyer. There is no other option for he is the Master of Chaos in all of its forms, by the will of the Gods. Human, daemon, and bestial mutant must serve the Everchosen.

If the Skaven wish to serve the Great Horned Rat, they must serve Archaon. He speaks with the authority of the Great Horned Rat and the rest of the pantheon.
>>
>>47759714
Even though I'm collecting Stormcast atm, I hope Nagash or Destruction wins, just to snub Order and Chaos.
>>
>>47759204

>they get overhaul 4 years ago
>why you want another one ?

wew
>>
How is beasts of chaos in AoS?
>>
>tfw there's no Start Collecting Flesh Eaters.
>tfw there's already two Death bundles, so it will probably never be.
>>
>>47760166
They're pretty fun, I find. Faster across the table than a lot of people expect, and if you stack up your buffs correctly they hit harder than people expect too. I can't see them ever being strong enough to be an army people bitch about facing, (unless you abuse the monster summoning thing,) but I enjoy using them.
>>
>>47760166
The way they're presented in GA:Chaos? Fucking awful.

The way they are in the legacy Warscrolls, including Chaos Trolls, Chaos Ogres, Ghorros and Throgg?
Bloody amazing. A slow lumbering core of high-Bravery Trolls and Ogres, with Warhounds and Razorgors as chaff and Chimeras as shock cavalry, combined with a bunch of terrifying monsters to crush any opposition underfoot.
Fun, low model count and pretty effective. You should abstain from the Slaughterbrute though as that thing only really comes into its own if you have a Slaves to Darkness Hero, thus destroying your whole only-monsters theme.
>>
>>47760132
>complains about 4 year old Dark Elves not getting overhauled AGAIN while Plague Monks and most of the Beastmen models are older than he is

wew lad
>>
why do you guys keep responding to the 10am shitposter

he does this literally every single day and all of you dumb faggots keep replying
>>
>>47760955

fuck off with your 10am forced meme
>>
>>47760243
theres a big box

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/King-Vlagorescus-Ghoulish-Host
>>
>>47760955
Out of interest, what timezone are you in? 4chan displays local.
>>
>>47761091
Temporarily unavailable in my country, unfortunately.
>>
File: AoS23.jpg (165 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
AoS23.jpg
165 KB, 600x476
Start Collecting! Nurgle Rotbringers when? I want discount Blightkings.
>>
>>47760821
Plague monk models are great and won't be seeing an update, not after they did so well on their warscroll making use of all the shit in their kit. you'll be pissing in the wind if you wait for them.

Beastmen and Goblins are fucking weak though, some bad models in that range

That being said..

>implying GW will update anything and not just release new shit all the time
>>
>>47761760
probably, never. They cost a lot but people is still happy to buy them at that pice because the kit itself is SO amazing.

I fell for that too, with just one kit i assembled 5 of them and got enough bits to modify 10 models heavily, sculp my own warlord and I still have TONS left.
(..and i bought another box because i wanted all variants lol)
Probably one of my favourite kit from gw ever.
Blessed be Nurgle, bitches.
>>
>>47760243
Start collecting bundles are to sell models people DON'T want.
>>
>>47762017
Just saying, the upcoming campaign is heavily themed around Sylvaneth vs Nurgle, so it would be perfect for them to release Start Collecting! bundles for both those armies.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 284x177
>>47751589
>Not playing undead
>Serving the Bone Meister himself

I seriously hope you fleshbags dont do this. Please remember, Undeath is the only true awnser to Chaos. Support Undeath and report to your local Mortarch.
>>
>>47753532
>>
>>47762809

Then why don't the Stormcasts have one?
>>
>>47763624
they do

its the starter set
>>
>>47763624
>implying stormcast aren't popular
nice meme!
>>47763696
Honestly doing each side of the starter as an $85 start collecting would be pretty neat although it would never happen.
>>
>>47763770

>implying they are

keep on memeing!
>>
Why does GW insist on making Stormcast look like shit? It's amazing what a simple head change can do to improve their appearance.
>>
File: Sigmar 006_zpsdyrp1clr.jpg (111 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar 006_zpsdyrp1clr.jpg
111 KB, 533x800
>>47766737
Even just a better colour scheme makes them look pretty nice.

They're really nice figures with the exception of the weird face masks, de-emphasising them by drawing the eye elsewhere doesn't work as well as swapping them but it sure as hell looks better than the crappy GOLD AND BLUE FOREVER look.
>>
Slowly progressing getting my guys ready getting back into this hobby after like 6 or 7 years.

These guys might be kinda ugly and I might be a kind of bad painter, but I've taken a liking to them from listening to the audiobooks while I paint.

Having a whole starterbox to paint after just getting back into this hobby is kinda draining though,

>>47763696
There's a guy who sells the starter box for ÂŁ54 on ebay, Starters are RRP of ÂŁ50 (although they're ÂŁ40 most everywhere) so it's not THAT different, other than being the no-option single pose mans.
>>
File: chaos stormcast.jpg (110 KB, 800x573) Image search: [Google]
chaos stormcast.jpg
110 KB, 800x573
>>47766898
Even turning them into Chaos Warriors improves them.
>>
every start collecting miniatures are snap fit ?
>>
>>47767620
No, they're the regular kits.

>>47767085
was saying that the starter is different because it's monopose snaps instead of regular kits.
>>
>>47767620
No. none of them are. They're all just the normal kits but reboxed into one big box
>>
new star collecting edition this week ? or is it for w40k ? what will be in it ?
>>
>>47767975
It's 40k. but there's a chaos version of the spess mehren one (Literal mirror) and a militarum tempestus with an HQ, soldiers, and that dumb truck
>>
Would making movement trays make things go faster if I'm running units that go over 10 or 20 minis?

If so, what's the best thing to use if I wanna make one?
>>
>>47768049
Some places sell premade circle unit trays
>>
>>47768049
Wood if you have access to a power drill with a spade bit
Cardboard if you have access to a scalpel blade and steady hands
Ebay if you have none of these
>>
>>47766737
Tell me about the Stormcuck, why does he where the antlers?
>>
>>47768828
Every Spring there is the great joust of stags, when all the Chaos Warriors and all the Stormcast come from across the realms to mate for 'tis the season. In an attempt to impress the females, the males charge and lock horns, with the victor being the buck who forces his opponent to the ground.
>>
>>47766737
That looks worse than the regular head.
>>
File: Bret Stormcast.jpg (619 KB, 1500x1800) Image search: [Google]
Bret Stormcast.jpg
619 KB, 1500x1800
>>47769048
It's not my fault you have shit taste.
>>
>>47769076
Your taste is the only one that is shit.
The faces goes better with the sculpted musculature.
Bret helmets are janky old sculpts that look out of place on crisper new sculpts.
Your picture has removed all stand out elements of a stormcast to create a hyper generic knight, well done.
>>
>>47769104
The face helmets look like utter shit and are more boring than watching golf on television. Great Helms meanwhile make anything look good, because even generic looking fantasy knights are a radical improvement over the shitshow abomination that is Stormcast models.
>>
File: 2356979265_f43e5a563a_z[1].jpg (69 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
2356979265_f43e5a563a_z[1].jpg
69 KB, 500x341
>>47769076
>>47766737

>Want to build an authentic Bret army despite it being squatted because fuck you I still have the warscrolls and I want to have fun
>People keep cutting off their heads to glue them onto Sigmarine bodies

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>47769128
>The face helmets look like utter shit

No, they look good, and actually fit with the rest of the model.

Bretonnian helmets meanwhile just look generic and do not fit the army at all.
>>
File: Stormcast.png (5 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Stormcast.png
5 MB, 1536x2000
>>47769128
Not him but I disagree.

I love facemasaks and like the idea behind them. The Stormcast are wearing the face of Sigmar to show that they are his avatars and judgement to strike fear into the hearts of the corrupted and daemonic. They wear the face of humanity whose features remain stern and impassive in the face of the horror of Chaos sending a message to the enemy that we do not fear you, you are nothing to us but scum to be purged by our impabacle march.

Normal helments don't potray that. They don't represent humanity and Sigmar wich defeats the point of the Stormcast who are suppose to be the best of what humanity has to offer.
>>
>>47756447
>Big tree people, which aren't AS big as Treelords

Does that mean new Tree Kin models?
>>
>>47759714
So I'm somebody who always loved the summer campaigns (hated the outcomes ofc) and has been avoiding Age of Sigmar like the plague. This got my curiosity.

But I can't see to find any info on it. Is this a day only thing? Is it going to last all summer?
>>
>>47769181
More like faces and helmets are harder for the kids to paint when they can just literally dip the model in some gold or yellow paint and have their new Space Marines finished.

They have facemasks because Space Marine helmets. Simple.
>>
>>47769352
>faces and helmets are harder for the kids to paint

But Stormcast have both face and helmet. They are certainly harder to paint than bretshit.
>>
>>47769381
His point was that metal is easier to paint than flesh.
>>
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 1000x1000
>>47769338
This is kinda all we have. War for Ghyran, with everything in the balance. More info leading up to july 14th, probable release date of general's handbook then. And since heelanhammers release dates are 15/30 in each month I bet you they will give out more info coming along, as they are deep in GW's graces.
>>
Anny new Sylvaneth Pictures?
>>
>>47761091
Sold out everywhere.
>>
So how does this game play?
Any good?
Also how come lizards all have round base now but elves don't?
>>
>>47769637
Sadly not, this week is more 40k start collecting boxes.
>>
>>47769725
I have fun with it - it's more streamlined than WHFB. The bases is just because lizardmen got repackaged. Bases don't make a difference anyway RAW so go for whatever.
>>
>>47769790
That's cool.
I sold all my high elves a few years back. Bought into 40k because there was no scene for WFB locally. But AoS seems to have revived it. Pretty interested in getting into it. So can you mix armies from the groups now? Can I field elves and sigmar things? Also why buy infantry if there's no restriction on what you bring?
>>
>>47769820
Yes you can mix armies from the groups. You can field sigmar and elves and chaos and skeletons but they won't work as well together since they'll have no unit synergy.

Again, because synergy. Maybe some infantry have keywords or special abilities cavalry don't when combined with a spell or command ability. Also a point system is coming soon, so maybe it'll be too costly to just pick certain units, or maybe there will be some other restriction/limitation.
>>
>>47769850
Oh right. Good to know. What's OP at the moment. My elves always used to get crushed. But then I'm not very elfy just charging head on in. Any suggestions? I've always fancied ogres. The whole mixing thing is cool though. Reminds me of dogs of war.
>>
>>47769850
Problem is, they've split out so many subfactions that a lot of things don't have synergy any more. For example, there's no advantage to running a warherd (minotaurs) alongside a brayherd (beastmen) compared to running some daughters of khaine (witch elves) alongside a brayherd - neither pairing can use command abilities or whatever on each other.

So, GW could do with adding some synergy buffs and so on based on grand alliance or race or whatever. Currently there isn't an advantage (beyond lore, of course) in even sticking to the grand alliances in a lot of cases.
>>
>>47769886
Ogres are currently one of the strongest, if not the strongest 4 wound units in the game.

I don't know anything about elves, sorry m8.

>>47769928
Yeah it's kind of weird that all of chaos is under the same umbrella. Presumably you're meant to either stick to pure Brayherds or Warherds in order to easily plan your buffs, or stick to buffs that use the Chaos keyword and just mix whoever you want from any of the chaos Gods. It does look a little weird, but it works for factions like Death since every model kind of looks like they belong together.
>>
>>47769886
The only things that can be seen as really OP at the moment is the Seraphon summon spam (since their units are usually really good and can be summoned fairly easily) and Ogurr monsters, which can one shot multi-wound characters
>>
>>47770005
They've broken the ogres down into loads of different sections. Does that mean if you run a maneater with gut busters they don't get synergy?
>>
>>47770042
If they both have the "Ogor" keyword then they do.

They're probably in here
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-ogre-kingdoms-en.pdf
>>
>>47770072
Awesome. Looks good. Think I'll order some tonight. Thanks for all the advice.
>>
>>47770098
No problem, have fun and remember to kill a lot of Sigmarines.
>>
In the Get Started boxes, when it says things like, oldblood on carnousaur, does it means that you don't have the bits for the skink on troglodon variant?
>>
>>47770136
Yes you have. It has everything to build an old blood on carno or a trog with skink oracle and the oldblood on foot.
>>
>>47770136
You get all the bits from all the sets. So you can build a troglodon instead if you want.
>>
>>47770189
Thanks!
>>
File: Archaon vs Sigmar.jpg (572 KB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Archaon vs Sigmar.jpg
572 KB, 1536x2000
>Archaon : You know....I loved you once. A part of me still does.
>Sigmar : I know, my boy, I know...
>*a single tear rolls on Sigmar's godly cheek before being blown away by the clash of Ghaz Maraz and the Slayer of Kings*
>Sigmar : Ughh....even now I can see the good in you. You can still be saved, Diederick Kastner. I will never give up on you.
>*Archaon lets out a sad chuckle*
>Archaon : Believe that if that gives your comfort, old man. We both know how this really will end. A warrior of light shall stand before the Three Eyed King, and one SHALL FALL!

Is there a bromance story more tragic than Archaon's and Sigmar's?
>>
>>47771188
un...until what?
should I be scared?
>>
>>47771206
What'd he post?
>>
File: Kryten1.jpg (71 KB, 703x520) Image search: [Google]
Kryten1.jpg
71 KB, 703x520
>>47769076
>bretcucks telling others they have shit taste
>>
File: rapedByFlashlights.jpg (73 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
rapedByFlashlights.jpg
73 KB, 500x708
The fact that that loser Archon is still in this fluff is hilarious.

It's like how after the 40k world campaigns when chaos got demolished and abbaddon made a fool, they had to pretend he did Totally Awesome Things instead of get his ass handed to him by soldiers with flashlights.

Archon should have been chaos spawned three WFB iterations ago.
>>
>>47773067
Storm of chaos got retconned so he never really failed. It's not like archaon gives a fuck what the chaos gods think anyways.
>>
>>47773067
>It's like how after the 40k world campaigns when chaos got demolished and abbaddon made a fool

Confirmed for a know nothing memer shit, Abaddon won his world campaign.
>>
>>47773276

imperials won the space lanes, good luck getting off of cadia
>>
>>47773340
Yeah, whoever heard of Chaos being able to travel through the warp.
>>
>>47773378

Not him, but I thought they specifically needed to use the warp hole which Maugan Ra counter-invaded through. Also they did retcon things, Eldrad now failed but didn't die when the black stone fort was possessed
>>
>>47773552
>Not him, but I thought they specifically needed to use the warp hole which Maugan Ra counter-invaded through.

No.

>Also they did retcon things, Eldrad now failed

They just set the time line back.
>>
File: 1459833935048.jpg (1023 KB, 1139x1359) Image search: [Google]
1459833935048.jpg
1023 KB, 1139x1359
>>47769181
And, this is a greater part of why the Stormcast idea is shit in general. They're just escapist fantasy Space Marines shoved into the NuFantasy setting in a shitty attempt by GW to boost sales by creating a kiddie faction. Nothing about the Stormcast is impressive or remarkable, as nothing a superhuman individual does is remotely impressive, it's simply the status quo.

GW actually had the chance to do some good writing and world design for once, and fucked it all up. Stormcast shouldn't exist, or at least should have existed in a completely different form. The realms of men should be pushing back the tides of Chaos into their own gates not because they're some retarded superhumans, but because for once again for their existence across universes they are united in common cause with the elves (fuck your Alves bullshit GW), and every single time that happened in the Old World it resulted in the forces of order pushing chaos' shit in. No bullshit space marine superhero faction. Just mortals fighting and dying in absurd numbers to push Chaos out of their realms.
>>
File: DarkoathXQuestor.jpg (7 MB, 3000x2244) Image search: [Google]
DarkoathXQuestor.jpg
7 MB, 3000x2244
>>47769076
>>47769136
>>47769076
>>47769048
>>47766737
HAIL Fellow Bretcast! How goes the morrow?
>>
>>47773906
Where does one find a steady supply of Brett heads to do that that won't dry up?
>>
>>47773955
I got mine on ebay, actually i've been sitting on about 20 of them for years since i bought them for a Mordheim warband and never actually made my foot knights
>>
>>47773849
Stormcast are literally Order Chosen.
That they didn't exist before is the direct result of the overblown grimdark bs where only the bad guys get anything good.
>>
>>47774108
>what is asymmetrical power

Yes, congrats on making the entire story nothing more than Red Team Versus Blue Team with Big Dudes In Armor(tm). The entire fucking point of struggle is overcoming exceptional odds you mong. Stormcast simply cheapen any and all victory Order accomplishes, because it's not actually mortals doing shit. It's immortal demigod warriors doing everything, so nothing is truly lost when anybody dies.
>>
>>47774186
>I don't actually read the Age of sigmar fluff
>anything that isn't my low fantasy HFY is shit

The entire point of the stormcasts was to ignite the war against chaos. If you actually read the fluff you would know that the stormcasts aren't doing all the fighting themselves, and that their very presence inspires hope In all the other factions. The whole reason everyone else started fighting is because now they see there's a chance, there's something to fight for. The stormcasts are still tragically outnumbered and lose all the time
>>
>>47774292
I have read the fluff, the problem is that they exist at all. They're simply Space Marines, with all the shit that entails. They have no fucking place in a fantasy setting as they shouldn't exist in the first place. It doesn't help either that their aesthetic is vomit-inducing compared to the old WHF armies. It's as if the Knights of the Blazing Sun were 40-ified.
>>
>>47774186
This.

On the flip-side merging all Chaos factions into one cheapens the fuck out of the idea that the dark forces rallying against Order' are numerous sure, and mighty, yet the whole point is their inability to mobilize and fight together is the weakness of Chaos.

When Chaos marches under one banner, one goal, and follows one guy (Archaon) it's not fucking chaos anymore. it's more unified than fucking Order

Don't get me started on Destruction. they may as well just retcon ogres out of existance, paint them all green and just call them 'Heavy Orruk Bruisers' or some shit. zero reason for ogres to exist. Has the Maw even been mentioned in Aos?
>>
>>47774406
Yes. In the Call of Chaos stories. The ogres can travel using maw-gates, and the Gaunt Summoner calls it the Ravenous One, a dweller of the realm of chaos, and feeble compared to Tzeentch.
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 109x178) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 109x178
>>47774373
>they have no fucking place in a fantasy setting as they shouldn't exist in the first place
Aside from you holding the opinion that stormcasts are shit, an opinion that may be shared with others, there is literally no reason Stormcasts couldn't exist in a a Warhammer setting, let alone ANY fsntasy setting. you do realize that there is a precedence for superhuman God powered warriors in fantasy right? (Pic related) They've been around since before 40k and inspired space marines. Marines are good guy chaos warriors in space. Stormcasts are good guy chaos warriors.
>>
File: bads.jpg (1 MB, 1552x1076) Image search: [Google]
bads.jpg
1 MB, 1552x1076
>>47769181

Ehhhh, I can see part of what you're saying but really when I see their design humanity is probably the last thing that comes to mind. What comes across is indefatigability, remorselessness, and implacability. They're all indistinguishable from one another to the point that their humanity doesn't really shine through. I remember when we got the first pictures of Stormcasts people were wondering if they were artificial constructs!

It reminds me of bad guy mooks in movies or video games. They downplay their individuality, make them featureless, etc etc.

It's weird to say it's necessary for the Stormcasts when they've accomplished the opposite with Space Marines; the majority of their character (models) having bare heads, unit leaders (sergeants) typically having bare head options, personal heraldry and so on and on.
>>
>>47774674
Found the Space Marine-to-AoS player.
>>
File: 1453623465464.jpg (499 KB, 2908x1424) Image search: [Google]
1453623465464.jpg
499 KB, 2908x1424
>>47773906
Greetings brethren.
How goes the quest for the grail?
Too bad I lost all motivation to finish painting my army because all the local AoS players are all asshats and autismos. Plus AoS lore a shit. Long live louen and the Lady.
>>
>>47774684
The helms give off the illusion of stern, impassive warriors. Underneath they can barely suppress their rage and disgust at their chaos enemies, and even the High tier storm casts struggle with this. The chaos warriors are expecting a reaction, and all they get are those blank stares. Its extremely unsettling to them. At least thats what the idea is, I for one would be glad to see the storm casts get some personality. Bareheaded Stormcasts characterizing their armor with trophies and beast pelts has already been confirmed, i just want to see that represented in the art now

>>47774809
I've never played any of the games, never touched a model and have no intentions of doing so. especially once someone mods in the AoS factions into TW:Warhammer custom battle.
>>
File: at4bufhz.jpg (566 KB, 921x1038) Image search: [Google]
at4bufhz.jpg
566 KB, 921x1038
>>47775057
Sigmarines with knight helmets looks neat
>>
File: Frankengregor.jpg (57 KB, 980x981) Image search: [Google]
Frankengregor.jpg
57 KB, 980x981
What do stormcast look like under their helmets anyway, just regular humans but bigger?
>>
File: Mordred.jpg (80 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
Mordred.jpg
80 KB, 500x293
>>47775226
Like incest babies
>>
>>47773067
>when chaos got demolished and abbaddon made a fool

This didn't happen. The Eye of Terror campaign ended with a minor victory for Chaos. The Imperial players acted like muppets all the way through and refused to co-ordinate until the very end, and by that point they didn't have enough time to alter the results by any great degree.
>>
>>47775252
what does that even mean
>>
>>47775226
Yes.
>>
>>47774406
Except Chaos isn't unified. It almost was, but it's divided again because Khorne decided to pull a wild card on the eve of victory. Even before that though, it was a tenuous alliance. There were still "my God is better then your God!" Wars going on. Skaven regularly betray everyone when ever it suits them. Etc
>>
>people are STILL complaining about the design of Eternals

Seriously?

Why?

Nobody fucking cares, you either like them or you don't and there is NOTHING to be gained from bitching about it on 4chan
>>
>>47775794
Yes there is. Like /pol/ our rage will summon force an avatar of destruction with meme magic, who will smite the Stormcast.
>>
>>47775380
like him when he looks in a mirror.
>>
>>47775380
>>47775848
There you have it, the modern audience for miniature games ladies and gentlemen.
>>47775794
There's nothing wrong with discussing how they're designed, what next are you going to /v/ and complain when they talk about character designs?
>>
>>47775516
>>47775252
>>47775226
The first book also said that their faces still have the features of a man but "Changed and augmented"

They probably have beeflargehuge faces, like marines.
>>
>>47775106
>The helms give off the illusion of stern, impassive warriors. Underneath they can barely suppress their rage and disgust at their chaos enemies, and even the High tier storm casts struggle with this. The chaos warriors are expecting a reaction, and all they get are those blank stares. Its extremely unsettling to them.

Yeah this is the really crucial part. Chaos literally derives its power from human emotion. Chaos Warriors are mortals that have abandoned logic and empathy for the pursuit of an emotion, but one that has been twisted by the dark gods.

Chaos daemons (including the Dark Gods) are literally made out of the latent psychic imprint that mortals have on the realm of chaos.

An army of stern-faced, unemotional human heroes is the ultimate insult to Chaos.
>>
>>47775912
you're not discussing, you're whining. fuck off to the warseer circle jerk if all you want to do is bitch.
>>
>>47775970
The only one that's getting upset is you anon all i said is that they look like Mordred who was in fact an incest baby meanwhile you're screaming about how greathelms look bad and people should stop picking on smegmarines. 1/10 here's your (You)
>>
>>47776000
wrong anon, child. i have no particular interest in the sigmarines one way or the other. but it's tiring listening to the same whining over and over. it's been discussed to death. move on.
>>
>>47775939

But the stormcasts (for the most part) are not unemotional, they just look that way.
>>
>>47776092
that's the point. they look unemotional. chaos warriors can't see it and it weirds them out. it's like fighting an army of golems
>>
>>47776138
yeah this

can you imagine a khorne warrior charging headfirst into his enemy, and when he looks in his eyes he doesn't see fear, or hope, or resolve, or courage... he sees NOTHING

it is unsettling af
>>
File: Phoenix Guard.png (735 KB, 1609x837) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix Guard.png
735 KB, 1609x837
>>47776138
So they stole the Phoenix Guard schtick.
>>
>>47776280
>grim expressions of doom
Vs
No expression
So no.
>>
>>47776048
No. It must be run through the ground and out the other side. The only appeasement will be the death of Sigmarines.
>>
File: PGuard.png (285 KB, 533x589) Image search: [Google]
PGuard.png
285 KB, 533x589
>>47776413
Try actually reading the whole thing, i know you're used to not having to do that since you play a game with less than 5 pages of rules.
>>
>>47776542
The Stormcast don't really do the grim silence thing though, if we're comparing. Shouts, orders, battle-songs, you name it.
>>
>>47776280
>>47776542
What the fuck's a phoenix guard? Don't you mean Flame Wardens™?
>>
I think it's less that the masks are emotionless, and more that the stormcast mirror the chaos warriors so much which causes them unease. No way a chaos warrior will care if who he's fighting is stoic, but he will notice "oh shit this guy is meeting me blow to blow, stands as tall as me, and there are as many as us" since there has never been warriors that have been able to fight warriors head on, not like orks or ogres but with martial skill and comparable strength.
>>
Anybody got that piece of fluff where a chaos warrior meets a stormcast for the first time and gets gradually freaked out? It's pretty relevant to the current discussion, but can't remember where it is.
>>
>>47776542
What's with the butthurt?
>>
>>47776280
The Stormcast don't fight silently. They fucking sing war hymns and shout praises to Sigmar as they fight.

And the Phoenix Guard do not wear facemasks.

The hell are you on about, retard?
>>
File: PhoenixG.png (432 KB, 1094x892) Image search: [Google]
PhoenixG.png
432 KB, 1094x892
>>47776683
>>47776798
It's still drawing from the stoic unfeeling look to demoralize the enemy
>>47776695
No sir
>>
>>47776798
The discussion is about one of the first times stormcast appeared, when GW was writing them as "spooky mysterious golden notchaos warriors". This was noted as intentional by the writers but now the different stormhosts are getting personality with hymns like you say.
>>
>>47776736
>>47775106
This one?
>>
>>47776736
I just posted it here >>47775106

>>47776542
>hurr durr, anything the stormcasts do is stolen from something else
>>
>>47776718
Not really. The Khornates and other battle minded Chaos fanatics enjoy prowess the Stormcast. I mean the WoC have been fighting against daemons and other divine blessed warriors sense forever, they are used to it.

What they don't like is the fact that the Stormcast facemasks doesn't show them the horror and emotion they seek to invoke in their enemies. Also because they phase out leaving no trophies for Chaos.
>>
>>47776836
>>47776845
>this one
...I am silly. Thanks.
>>
>>47776825
>when GW was writing them as "spooky mysterious golden notchaos warriors".

That's bullshit. How can you lie like that?

The first novel and campaign book the Stormcast appeared in had the Stormcast army as a whole yell "HAAAAAMMMERHAAAAAAND".
>>
>>47776854
>enjoy prowess the Stormcast
Yeah but in their first encounter they probably didn't think that way.

>WoC have been fighting against daemons and other divine blessed warriors sense forever
They have, but other than infighting, when have they fought such a match for them? Orks/ogres were strong but not as skilled; elves were skilled but not as strong.
>>
>>47776854
Don't some of the newer chaos models have stormcast helmets as trophies though or is that just archaon?
>>
File: Vandus Hammerhand.jpg (539 KB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Vandus Hammerhand.jpg
539 KB, 1536x2000
>>47776901
This meant for this>>47776834
>>
>>47776901
Yeah and dont forget this guy

Sigmars Stormcast are on a crusade to inspire hope in the common mortal with a crusade of angelic superheroes leading the spearhead
You dont inspire people with silence
>>
Getting rumours that GW are going to go back to monthly white dwarfs, with hobby articles and battle reports, starting in September. I'll believe it when I see it, but it could be cool.
>>
>>47776942
isnt that what warhammer visions is supposed to be?
>>
>>47776901
We didn't get a whole spiel on their background. They just showed up, with most of their fluff getting filled in later, unlike the "here's the armies entire background and motivations now they fight"
>>
File: _ArchaonEverchosen.jpg (42 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
_ArchaonEverchosen.jpg
42 KB, 600x620
>>47776914
Some daemon weapons can cut a Stormcast's connection to Azyr.

And the design notes for Archaon says that Archaon fed some Stormcast to Drogthar which fused their souls and bodies to its flesh. That's why you see Stormcast heads poking out of it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.