[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: 1465588785871.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
1465588785871.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
Salt Hammer edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
Does disembarking counts as having moved or stationary??
>>
>>47751497
Bikes are for space marine waacfags.
>>
>>47751536
If the vehicle moved, yes. If not, I do believe that is still a yes.
>>
>>47751536
Think about it for a moment. Can you get out of a vehicle without moving?
>>
>>47751536
After disembarking, models can manifest their psychic powers and either shoot or Run in
their subsequent Shooting phase, counting as having moved that turn, but they cannot
declare a charge in their subsequent Assault phase. If a unit disembarks from a destroyed
vehicle during the enemy turn, it cannot charge in the Assault phase of its own turn
unless the destroyed vehicle had the Assault Vehicle special rule.
>>
>>47751543
What?

How?
>>
Do you prefer to play defensively or offensively?
>>
>>47751566
>If a unit disembarks from a destroyed vehicle during the enemy turn, it cannot charge in the Assault phase of its own turn unless the destroyed vehicle had the Assault Vehicle special rule.
Holy shit, really? I must have missed that part, I've been playing it wrong for a long time. So basically, melee units that aren't in Land Raiders have absolutely zero chance of ever making it into close combat?
>>
>>47751610
I prefer to take and hold objectives. Is that offensive or defensive?
>>
>>47751566
Can't it assault if the vehicle has an assault ramp?
>>
File: al.jpg (2 MB, 3200x2368) Image search: [Google]
al.jpg
2 MB, 3200x2368
>>47751610
Offensive
I always try and make the opponent play my game, which as a DE player is a must

That and i'm waiting for more AL Heresy stuff to be released so i can build a decent force
>>
>>47751657
If it gives the assault vehicle special rule, yes.
>>
>>47751638
They have to wait a turn to assault, but you can use the vehicle as a blocker in the meantime.
>>
>>47751708
Yeah, but they can just target the vehicle with Flamers and fuck up everything behind it.
>>
>>47751610
Depends. Today I did a doubles game with my inquisition and storm troopers + iron hands tac squad and librarian with my buddy and his deldar on the side. We were fighting a fallen dangles player with cypher + retinue and rhino tac squads and a totally new eldar guy. My Chimera, rhino and tac squad sat back and shredded the rhino rush with psybolt ammo and plasma cannon (yay no scatter, thanks servo skull). Over the whole game my guys barely moved aside from two deep striking scions squads, but it didn't matter since we roasted the dangles with s6+ and ap3.

Meanwhile my deldar friend rushed around with Lilith and some bikes and busted up Cypher and eldar guys.
>>
Can my Lib take one relic and my Chap take a different in the same detachment?
What about a Librarian from a different detachment taking a third different relic.
They would all be from the same list but no duplicates.
>>
>>47751783
I believe the new ruling is one model, one relic. So as long as it's spread out, sure.
>>
>>47751812
Did that ruling also affect the buffmander?
>>
>>47751543
>Bikes are for space marine waacfags.

I didn't know that and now I have a huge all bike army. Maybe I don't play full WAAC or maybe I am just terrible but I would say I might have a 40% WR if you go by the mission.

Only been playing for like a year though.
>>
>>47751610
Who am I playing against?

My Tyranid friend who is a bloodthirsty motherfucker? I play on the defensive with a wall of rhinos.

My Necron friend who tries to turtle? I drop pod assault his ass.

My Marine playing sister? We both go full offensive and the board turns into a bloodbath with the matches tending to end with everyone dead.
>>
>>47751812
Thanks was a bit confused there.
>>
>>47751823

Wait for the Tau FAQ. There are Systems that are clearly designed to work as one. Plus, since Tau don't get psykers, you could make the case that Tau need multiple systems.
>>
>>47751876
>>47751823

Isn't the Tau way to buy Characteristic Systems analogous how Psyker powers were bought in previous editions?
>>
>>47751731
You wouldn't want to assault into a unit full of flamers anyway.
>>
>>47751638
>So basically, melee units that aren't in Land Raiders have absolutely zero chance of ever making it into close combat?
Pretty much. Doesn't stop cocksuckers like >>47751708 from pretending the game isn't broken all to hell.
>>
>>47751823
It doesn't. Tau and Necrons are explicitly allowed to take multiple relics per model.
>>
>>47751876
>you could make the case that Tau need multiple systems.

Tau don't need a fucking thing, they're powerful enough already.
>>
>>47751936
No, but I might want to assault the unit next to them. Or I might want a Repentia Squad to assault a vehicle armed with Flamers. Or any of the other reasons why I'd have a melee unit sitting on their hands waiting to get toasted.
>>
>>47751967
I know the game is broken, you either make the best of it or just stop playing.
>>
>>47752000

No psykers is the price that the Tau pay for being able to attach multiple relics to a single unit. Same with Necrons.
>>
>>47751967
there are other. ways of getting into close combat, and not having every vehicle be an assault delivery system always felt more like a feature than a bug to me.

The games is full of fucked up stuff, but having a devide between 'things you can assault from' and 'things you can't' seems reasonable.
>>
File: 1459413123572.jpg (146 KB, 736x1067) Image search: [Google]
1459413123572.jpg
146 KB, 736x1067
Reposting from last thread.
Is there any way to make a Scion allies worth a damn?

Taurox Primes are ridiculously overpriced for what they are and Scions themselves seem a bit too fragile and expensive to foot slog them.
I play Blood Angels but since battle brother's can no longer deploy inside each others transports I'm not sure how to bring them.

I'd like to buy a Start Collecting box and paint 'em up like pic related but I'm not really comfortable doing it for such a weak army.
The only real shtick they have is AP3 on their guns, but that's not exactly something to be proud of in 7E.
>>
>>47752027
Necrons can't take multiple relics, outside of mehprit
>>
>>47752027
I thought that was Markerlights.

Shouldn't AdMech, Sisters, Templars, and Dark Eldar get to stacks relics if your bullshit was true?
>>
>>47752084
I'd rather take them as elites in an Elysian detachment than as an actual stormtrooper detachment. Then you get to put them in Valkyries instead of Tauroxes, and you get a bunch of cheap expendable Deep Strike units for grabbing objectives.
>>
>>47752095
>tfw Sisters don't even have relics worth stacking
>>
File: LEGION AND WARBAND TACTICS.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
LEGION AND WARBAND TACTICS.pdf
1 B, 486x500
IT'S UPDATE TIME

Chaos Legion/Renegade Tactics, God-Specific Warlord Traits and Relics, and Unique Units. Recent tweaks and updates include:

>New unit for all CSM armies - Chaos Legionaries. These are more costly, but much more durable, Chaos Space Marines, and can be taken as Troops in any Legion army (and 1-3 units may be taken as a single Elites choice in any Renegade army). One additional model in the unit may take a Special Weapon, they gain an additional bonus based on their Chaos Mark (but Marks are themselves slightly more expensive for them), and they have the option to take a Land Raider as a dedicated transport in addition to a Rhino.

>Black Legion got tweaked a little

>Alpha Legion now get Banestrike Rounds, in addition to some other wording tweaks

>Warlord Traits overhaul; general attempt to make it more "interesting."

>Minor balance tweaks to Relics

>Slight buff to World Eaters, who may now Run and Charge in the same turn (but may never voluntarily fail a Morale test, Go to Ground, or Our Weapons Are Useless test.

>Red Corsairs get Bikers as Troops.

>New unique unit for Serpent Lords: Temple Guard. Essentially better Chosen, they are very, very heavy hitting and buff other units in a 12" bubble, but they're still pricey for a T4 Sv.3+ model.

>Thousand Sons can now take Cultists as non-compulsory Troops, and receive a Psychic Focus in an ADDITIONAL Psychic discipline they have rolled a power from, for a total of 2 Focuses (Foci?)

>Purge upgrade - felt they needed a boost, to be honest

>Various other bits and pieces

Read it, critique it, use it, go to town. just give feedback.
>>
I was really looking forward to a battle company when I got this Betrayal at Calth but why do Razorbacks have to cost more money then drop pods. I wanted a cool wall of armoured transports that just scooted small bro squads all over the board.

I only wanted the one pod for my Dreadnaught using six or seven would be terrible and I think rhinos are dumb.
>>
>>47752084
>Scion unit that specializes in hunting down Eldar

>Inadvertently paint faces to look like the Eldar's most hated and ancient foe

You know some Ordo Xenos Inquisitor had his hand in this.
>>
>>47752084
given that they are shooty, not assaulty, and come with deep strike, why do people not recommend deep striking them?
There is even an option that lets you get a no scatter deep strike.

What am I missing here?
>>
>>47752166
Huh, I didn't know they had Deep Strike.
That opens up a whole new realm of possibilities.
>>
>>47752166
They were my friends suicide objective holder but he shelved them when we got better.
Something about no way to mess with reserve rolls so sometimes they sat.
Other times they'd come in and capture two objectives in my deployment.
>>
>>47752208
I use mine as suicide horde killers.

They come crashing in with their taurox, jump out and drop flamers on the hordes.

If the taurox survives, the augur array serves as a beacon for my drop pods.
>>
Same guy as >>47752202

If I take a Commissar can I not attach him to the Scions in Deep Strike Reserve since he lacks the rule, or does he gain it by attaching to the unit?
>>
>>47752233
he does not gain deep strike by attaching himself to the scions.
>>
>>47752095
>Space Marine, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Chaos Space Marines, Harlequin, and Eldar codices say, "May replace one weapon with one [Army Relic]," or, "May replace one weapon with one of the following."
>Limit of 1 Relic per model, exceptions made for the limited relics within each codex caveated to not replace weapons.

>Dark Eldar, Necrons, Grey Knights, Skitarii, Cult Mechanicus, Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights, Inquisitors, and Orks wargear lists says, "A model may take one of the following."
>Limit 1 per model, barring specific caveats

>Khorne Daemonkin has both limits. "A model may take one of the following..." Or "A model may instead replace one weapon with one of the following..."
>Still a 1 per model limit.

>Chaos Daemons only has a limit of one per army, but the codex employs specific mechanics which make it roughly impossible for a character to end up with more than one.

>Tyranids codex says, "A model may replace any pair of scything talons with one of the following." The limit seems to be the number of pairs of Scything Talons a model has, although at least two items also do not replace scything talons and may be taken on top of others.

>Legion of the Damned only has one relic, total.

>Tempestus Scions, and stand-alone factions like Officio Assassinorum, Deathwatch, Genestealer Cultists, and Renegade Knights don't seem to have relics.

>Tau and Astra Militarum only seems to have a limit of one of each item per army. I see no restrictions per-model restrictions, although some Astra Militarum Heirlooms may only be taken by specific models or replace an item.

Most supplements work the same as base codices. Farsight lets models take from both Sig system lists. If you paid the points, you could have 14 SigSystems on one commander.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5DZ7VYaBLI
Is this proper Orky?
>>
>>47751610
i can't play defensively with my chaos daemons since i get shot to bits while having little shooting

>>47752144
if i didn't have a shitty mood and it wasn't 2 am i would read this
>>
>>47752250
>Chaos Space Marines
>Limit of 1 Relic per model
>>
>>47752332
It's cool. It's long, but that's because I tried to be comprehensive.

you can always download it and look it up later, or open it up in another tab and look at it in the morning
>>
>>47752144
>Sacrificial Hordes: All units of Chaos Cultists or allied Renegades and Heretics
with the Mark or Covenant of Nurgle provide a 5+ Cover Save to other Purge
models 6” behind them. However, for every successful Cover Save made in this
way, the Cultists or Heretics unit immediately counts as taking the hit instead.
You do realize that the vast majority of the time this ability is just a straight nerf, right? Intervening models already grant a 5+ cover save.

Why half-ass rules for every legion and warband instead of focusing on one or two and actually making something worthwhile?
>>
>>47752354
are those choices for that model, or things listed on it's profile?
>>
>>47752383
It's part of a spread telling you what upgrades to take to represent characters from the Crimson Slaughter. Apparently the page was put in there deliberately to fuck with CSM players. Or the FAQ writer is a moron that doesn't know shit about what he's ruling on and should be ignored.
>>
>>47752373
Ah fuck I COMPLETELY forgot about that rule.

Well, that's why I post this, so people can point out the glaring errors.
>>
>>47752402
I put it as more likely the writers weren't talking to each other.

So one guy wrote a thing intending it to mean one relic per model. Then a different guy didn't read it that way, and wrote out the sheet with multiple relics.

Similar to how some armies pay a set price for the unit to have grenades, because the writter went by the section saying one grenade per phase, and other armies pay per model, because they read the section about grenades in the assault phase.

And no one talks to each other, and no one double checks the work.
>>
>>47752415
Why do your Thousand Sons rules do nothing for actual Thousand Sons units? All they seem to do is bloat our single wound champions even worse and let us make ghetto Rubric squads if we want to.
>>
>>47752452
I feel like none of his legion rules actually do anything, just adjust squad sizes and force org. roles. He should cut the legion rules to 2 rules that actually matter, instead of 6 half-assed ones that do nothing
>>
>>47752449
Those relics have always been fluffed as Kranon's personal equipment. The idea that they weren't intended to be able to be taken together is asinine.
>>
>>47752144
these are fine, but boring. They don't fundamentally change play.

To me one of the biggest problems with the CSM codex is it is torn between 10000 year old veterans and young warbands. In my opinion, Chaos Legions should be a supplement for Space Marines while Chaos Warbands should be it's own thing with a big emphasis on what makes them not just "spikey space marines that suck"

A while back I had some ideas like these for Warband tactics:

Choose one: regardless of choice, Champions of Chaos grants +1W in addition to current effects.

>Three Man Battle Plan: Chaos Terminators are troops.
>Sword and Board: Any character may replace their weapons with a storm shield and power sword for a deeply discounted price.
>Let the Galaxy Burn: Any character can take a flamer for 5pts, all flamers and heavy flamers are +1S
>I Take What I want: Chaos Lords can buy and use any weapon in the codex available to infantry units at the listed price. This includes heavy weapons.
>Cult Elite: Cultists can buy carapace armor, +1BS, +1WS, and a bolter for 6ppm
>>
>>47752373
You are basically giving 30 wounds to a squad of obliterators.
>>
>>47752461
Like a third of all the rules are actually nerfs and restrictions that will often outweigh the benefits granted.
>>
Why did the Emprah keep Angron, it was obvious he hated him after he interrupted is cyborg orgy. Is the Emperor a masochist?
>>
>>47752471
You're an illiterate moron. I legitimately have no idea how you came to that idea. All that rule does is give Nurgle squads 6" behind cultists a 5+ cover save. Units already get a 5+ cover save from intervening models. All his rule does is kill cultists unnecessarily.
>>
>>47752471
No, you are giving them a maximum of 30 successful 5+ cover saves, which they already get from intervening models.
>>
>>47752467
they could have just made him a special character then.

Special characters can always. have multiple relics, no matter what. the generic rule is.
>>
>>47752469
>complain that that guys stuff doesn't fundamentally change play
>your suggestion is let champions buy storm shields
Pot meet kettle.
>>
>>47752503
>>47752498
>However, for every successful Cover Save made in this
way, the Cultists or Heretics unit immediately counts as taking the hit instead.

+30 WOUNDS ON MY RIPTIDE GUNLINE
>>
>>47752354
Crimson Slaughter is a supplement.
Base CSM still only take one per model, except perhaps where a relic doesn't replace a weapon.

How is reading comprehension this hard for people?
>>
>>47752511
But they didn't. Instead, they clearly intended you to be able to take multiple relics on a single character. This was how pretty much everyone played it prior to the new FAQ's. The FAQ guy is just an ignorant moron.
>>
>>47752514
+1W and storm shield would let the champions be at the front tanking wounds for the squads. It isn't the biggest game changer, but it isn't something they can currently do.
>>
>>47752521
>Successful cover save
>1-4 are not successful
>Therefore not assigned to the cultists
It's this really that difficult to understand?
>>
phsss, nothing personnel, mon'keigh....
>>
>>47752479
>Like a third of all the rules are actually nerfs and restrictions that will often outweigh the benefits granted.

This is not intended to be a universal buff to an entire Codex. It's intended to make different Warbands and Legions fight much more in line with their fluff. Thats why Death Guard can't take Bikers, because that's completely out of line with literally any fluff about the Death Guard. There are naturally going to be some nerfs to certain things to make them much more in line with their fluff.

>>47752503
He ain't me, stop yelling at him. I'm already working on fixing the rule, because I legit forgot that rule existed.

>>47752514
Don't be too hard on him, this shit isn't easy.
>>
>>47752525
The wording in Crimson Slaughter and the wording in Codex: Chaos Space Marines are identical. If the Slaughter can take multiple relics, so can basic CSM.

It has nothing to do with reading comprehension, you're just ignorant.
>>47752521
Are you stupid? Read the rules for intervening models in the core rulebook.
>>
>>47752541
Holy fuck, it looks like it's actually getting better. Please tell me it is. I can't wait to see Orkz.
>>
>>47752540
>Successful cover save
>1-4 are not successful
>Therefore not assigned to the cultists

So your telling me its like Eldar holo-fields? Sweet baby jesus.

>roll to confirm hit?
>hits a cultist
>sorry bro

How is this not used everywhere? Is this forgeworld bullshit?
>>
File: 2015-07-16 04.41.52.png (820 KB, 551x760) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-16 04.41.52.png
820 KB, 551x760
>>47752541
Looks like the combat is more complex and fun than in Space Marine. Now that the Eldar are in I may have to give it a try.
>>
>>47752373
IIRC, Tyrant's Legion and Death Korps of Krieg get this with a 3+ and no drawback.
>>
>>47752551
It plays rather well actually, believe it or not.
The Eldar were added in last friday, and while they are a bit underpowered, and still missing two of their classes (banshees and hawks), they are still rather fun to play.
This thread on /wsg/ has a bunch of webms from the game.
>>>/wsg/1127955

>>47752583
Yeah, the melee is somewhat more complex than in Space Marine, but it isn't exactly deep. It is basically rock paper scissors style set up, with fast attack, defensive bash, and strong attack.
Fast attack>Strong attack>defensive bash>fast attack.
It is sorta buggy right now though.
>>
>>47752568
>How is this not used everywhere?
It is. It's in the base rulebook, everyone gets it. You don't even have to sacrifice your cultists.
>Is this forgeworld bullshit?
It's homebrew. Keep up.
>>
>>47752527
except some factions clearly phrased it as you can only take one per model.
Which goes back to, there were different ideas and policies, and no one bothered talking with each other.

I'm not saying there weren't serious fuckups, just that the FAQ guy had to go win after the fact and try to make those fuckups work together.
Also, first draft. It's not an official ruling yet, and people shouldn't be playing as if they are.
>>
>>47752588
yes, I know. I'm already addressing this.

What I've got so far is it keeps the drawback, changes it to a 3+ save, BUT any unit of Cultists destroyed in this manner can be brought back next turn on a 5+.

Of course, I'm sure I'll hear about how stupid and useless that is.
>>
>>47752607
>destroyed in this manner can be brought back next turn on a 5+.

FUCK I meant to say, "Destroyed AT ALL."
>>
>>47752543
>It's intended to make different Warbands and Legions fight much more in line with their fluff.
So make a handful of rules that incentivize that legion's/warband's fighting style. There's no reason to place a bunch of restrictions on the codex. Don't prevent Death Guard from taking bikers (I'd love for you to provide a source other than your ass for the claim that the Death Guard never, ever field bikes), just give them rules that do nothing for Bikes.
>>
>>47752621
THIS. incentivize people to not take certain units by making their legion not give those units rules that affect them. Like this guy said, if you don't want death guard taking bikes, don't have their rules buff bikes, have the rules buff other things.

Take the Raptors chapter tactics for example. They can make their bolters Heavy 1 Rending. This encourages people to take a bunch of bolter dudes (usually scouts to get into position ASAP) and use them like stationary marksmen.
>>
File: chaosartefacts.jpg (209 KB, 668x792) Image search: [Google]
chaosartefacts.jpg
209 KB, 668x792
>>47752546
>The wording in Crimson Slaughter and the wording in Codex: Chaos Space Marines are identical. If the Slaughter can take multiple relics, so can basic CSM.

Ah, so you are the sort of puckered cunt that doesn't even read the whole codex. Tell me what it says here in the image about how you are able to take Chaos Artefacts, please.
>>
>>47752607
I'd just make it an AP- hit against the Cultist in front. It's less convoluted and gives the same amount of deaths per cover save if they're wearing flak armor. Also, specify that the hit on the guy in front Ignores Cover.
>>
>>47752607
>the Purged, a warband dedicated to exterminating all life
>have a rule for bringing their dead cultists back
Shit, nigger, what the fuck are you doing?

If you don't want to be told that your ideas are stupid and worthless, stop posting stupid, worthless ideas. Go back to the drawing board. Fewer restrictions, fewer do-nothing rules. Keep each legion/warband to a couple rules that actually do something meaningful.
>>
>>47752670
>>have a rule for bringing their dead cultists back

I'm not him, but logic would dictate they've just sent for more Cultists, not brought any back to life.
>>
>>47752656
And yet Crimson Slaughter, with an identical wording, is clearly intended to be taking more than one relic per character. Please try to keep up, please.
>>
>>47752670
It's funny because Forgeworld gives them the ability to come back and outflank on a 2+.
>>
>>47752541
Animation looks a bit 'floaty' but yeah definitely better.
>>
>>47752684
The point is that it runs counter to the very theme of the warband. The rules for a legion dedicated to eradicating life shouldn't cause their to be a constant influx of new life.
>>
>>47752691
Just because it intends, doesn't mean it does.
Remember, this is GW we're talking about.
They're fucking terrible when it comes to RAW vs RAI.
>>
>>47752705
RaI trumps RaW if it's clear, and it's very, very clear here.
>>
>>47752698
>floaty
Agreed. Space Marine actually felt very weighty and good. I especially liked the springing animation and how the ground seemed to shake with every step. The combat wasn't quite as heavy but it still felt alright.

But it's probably too much to ask from the devs of Eternal Crusade to make the Eldar light and agile and the marines and Orks heavy and brutal in the same game. They'll just do all sides halfway and call it good. But it's the best thing we're ever going to get.
>>
>>47752696
Those are the rules for playing a horde of crazed cultists, not the rules for the Purged. The Purged detachment gives them chemical weapons and dangerous terrain blast templates.
>>
>>47752715
FAQ/Errata > RaW > RaI > GaP

RAW is unclear but FAQ is very clear. Only one per model.
>>
Anybody have experience with thewarstore.com?

is it a reliable place to buy shit from?
>>
>>47752691
If Crimson Slaughter has that identical wording, then you would not be able to replace more than one weapon for a relic.

It doesn't have that wording though, because you're obviously still struggling with the subject matter. Crimson Slaughter doesn't have a wargear list like the one shown here >>47752656 at all.

It does have a big relic sheet with wording shared by CSM's big relic sheet, but that doesn't mean anything at all. What is important is the little caveat on page 50 that simply lets you take CS relics, and very much behaves differently than the base codex.

So yes, again, you can stack CS relics as much as you want, and even take one regular CSM relic on the same model.
>>
>>47752728
Do they plan on adding any other races to the game?
>>
>>47752808
So far it's Space Marines, Chaos, Eldar and Orks in the future. I guess the Tyranids are around as the npc faction as they're in the trailer, but I haven't played it yet so I don't know.

I doubt the game will ever be popular or successful enough to add any more races, so that's probably it.
>>
>>47752801
They're base in upstate New York (friend lives there) and he says they're pretty good.
>>
>>47752808
I wish [spoilers]Necrons[/spoilers] would be added, but at the moment they only have plans for Orks and Tyranid (PvE enemies) units
>>
>>47752820
>>47752834
Damn I would have loved to see Necrons and Space weebs
>>
>>47752845
>>47752834
Skitarii would be a fun addition to the game.
A whole faction worth of gimmicks and one trick ponies.
Just like on the tabletop!
>>
>>47752845
Adding more factions would just divide the playerbase up more and more. I have a feeling the game won't ever get more than moderately popular so that won't do.

Maybe another game in the future will give us more.
>>
>>47752878
Are players who didn't buy the dlc not allowed to play against players who did buy it?
>>
>>47752889
There's no DLC released or planned. It's still in alpha.
>>
>>47752921
Oh, well then it seems like it'd be even easier to add more factions to the game whilst at the same time not dividing the playerbase.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_taJQHa8mEI
I haven't seen this posted here yet. Anyone thinking of picking it up? I've never tried any of the board game boxes.
>>
which space marine HQ's count as a keeper of relics now? the pdf in the mega for IA2 just refers to the master of the forge which don't exist anymore
>>
>>47753080
The game is ridiculously hard playing as the Scouts and that's the fun of it. It's one of those games that the objective lies in not winning, but getting as close as possible to doing so before you die.

That being said, the game is stupid hard, so much so that you nor your opponent are likely to never even see the objective tile the whole night. It's still fun though to just try to get there, even if you know that, in all probability, you're not going to.

I'd recommend it. Even if you don't end up liking it, you still end up paying only $60 to get 5 Scouts ($35) and 12 Genestealers ($45).
>>
>tfw no updated siege of vraks PDF

I just want my endless tide detachment ;_;
>>
is there any feasible way to get a copy of spacehulk other than paying out the nose for it on ebay when its been marked up a huge percentage? ive been looking into the game and it looks like a lot of fun and i was thinking itd be great to get a copy yet from what ive read there have only been four editions released over 25 years or so and they always sell out immediately. it seems odd to me that what is such a critically acclaimed game would have this inherent barrier to playing it if only because of its rarity.

surely people would buy it if it was always for sale in stores if its such a fun board game.
>>
Anyone have a summary of the formation included in the Tempestus Start Collecting box?
>>
>>47752973
It divides the base in the fact that say you have 2000 players, split (idealy) evenly between 4 factions you you can have full maps of players. Add more factions and that splits an already small player pool into even smaller parts creating uneven fights or fights less than optimal size. The game is not bug enough to warrant developing new factions and likely never will be. You will have to just settle with the iconic races for it.
>>
>>47753227
I don't think they've leaked yet
>>
>>47753156
> $60

That's actually not that awful of a price, I usually assume the board games will be in the hundreds. I might pick it up.
>>
File: ork.jpg (21 KB, 172x225) Image search: [Google]
ork.jpg
21 KB, 172x225
DoW 3 gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NWJhyeEYkU

It looks horrid, absolutely horrid.
What the fuck relic?
>>
File: Space-Hulk-2014-Matos[1].jpg (192 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
Space-Hulk-2014-Matos[1].jpg
192 KB, 1280x640
>>47753324
Yeah, I actually thought that they had released the same time as the metal boxes and the new clampacks but I just fucked up.

>>47753354
The pricing of the new boxed games have all been strangely good, even more so when you realize all the models are legal for use in 40k.
They've even still been decent if you forget the game's are made by GW and just go into it thinking it was an average game.

Moderately related, was the Space Hulk Rerelease a while back any good? I was thinking of picking up a box at my FLGS. They had like 5 boxes of the damn thing which set off some red flags, but I picked up the box and the damn thing must have weighed a good 20 pounds. I play Blood Angels and my friend plays 'nids so we're also concerned about the quality of the models, as well as the game itself. Anyone have any experience with this game?
>>
>>47753376
Looks like a Michael Bay MOBA
I will hope beta onwards will fix it
>>
>>47753390
I bought it back when it launched, there's a ton of genestealers in there, and the game itself is pretty fun. The tight spaces and terminators holding fire lines is fun.
>>
>>47753408
>>47753390
Anyone ever play the Deathwatch Overkill game? A lot of the models look really nice, I might pick it up if the game itself is good.
>>
>>47753403
I find that doubtful. The aesthetic and gameplay direction seem to be going into completely wrong, simplified direction, where big, hero and super units take all the focus, while the rest of your dudes just stand back and shoot shit.

All they had to do, was take DoW 2, bring back some basebuilding and bigger scale, and that's it.
Instead, they seem to be intent on making some sort of super casualized moba/rts hybrid.
>>
>>47753403
>I will hope beta onwards will fix it

they are not going to change basic gameplay mechanics and art styles in beta, this is what you get and it looks like shit
>>
>>47753376
Looks pretty good tbhfamalam
>>
File: comm.jpg (58 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
comm.jpg
58 KB, 600x700
My necron playing mate is pissed off at me because I refuse to play his army with my guard he's tailored his whole list to. All game he's moaning about the point costs of guard, wanting point increases on lemans and troops, whilst he's tableing me by turn 2 with units full of RP buffs so even if my feeble shooting gets through their just popping up again. Everything in his army is a threat, can do massive damage and can take a beating (which is cool) but I'd like some way of winning.
>>
>>47753439
Do you have brain damage?
In what magical land, does that look good in any way? The artstyle alone is fucking atrocious. Even DoW 1 looks better, simply because it's palette of colors isn't composed of pastels.
>>
>>47753444
something wrong with your lemon russes?
>>
>>47753438
>>47753403
It's pre-alpha. A lot of games change significantly in those early stages. What they define as pre-alpha determines that, though.

>>47753444
>point increase on Leman and troops
Utter bullshit. Troops and the Russ are priced nicely imo, maybe even slightly badly considering how weak smaller platoons are. What's your build currently? If he's super tailoring it to yours, your build might be making it worse. Either way your friend's still probably a dick.
>>
>>47753376
It doesn't look too bad, especially for a pre-alpha. I don't really think the ice planet does the setting and game any favors in the looks department however but that might just be me.

The only thing I really don't like is how it reminds me of Halo Wars with a Dawn of War skin. It does look a little less clunky than previous DoW games which is nice, but I hope they didn't completely streamline it and remove any and all sense of depth achieve that goal.
I'm caustically optimistic, but not holding my breathe. My friend will probably gift me a copy when it comes out anyway, he's a huge fan of the series and loves to play its multiplayer.

>>47753408
I'm really curious about the Skeletal Terminator Captain model. He seems like he could be great as a 40k Objective marker or a conversion or something. Makes me giddy.

>>47753424
I bought the box when it came out but haven't got around to building the models. Just looking at the sprues however, I can tell they're great. You get a whole lot of them too. They're very detailed, of that is a good or bad thing is up to you.
My only complaint aside from the Flesh Tearer marine dying before the game starts, is that aside from the Broodlord, Magus, and Primus, you get two of each pose of GS/GS Cult models (all models in the box are monopose). It's literally two of the exact same sprue in the box. I'm not complaining you get so many, but it feels like a cheap way to do it.
I'd say it's worth its money just for getting GS Cults on the board in 7e. They're actually surprisingly good too.
>>
>>47753376
Looks pretty cool to me 2.
>>
>>47753444
i think the problem with guard is that you only have 3 heavy slots for you're tanks and need more like 5.
>>
>>47753480
How?
How can you find that cool? It looks worse than DOW 1 for god's sake.
Explain to me, how in the world, does that look good to you?
>>
>>47753464
Pask exterminator, MM and lascannon
exterminator MM and lascannon
CCS medic, vox, x2 plasma, carapace, MoO
Vet - carapce, plasma, vox
Vet - carapace, melta, vox
PCS - x3 flamer, heavy flamer
Platoon squad - missile launcher, grenade launcher
Platoon squad - missile launcher, grenade launcher
Sentinel - autocannon
Leman Russ Vanq
Vindicare assassin

1500 point list.
>>
>>47753493
Its just a little too brightly colored is all. Its supposed to be grimdark but its like a neon ice factory.

the graphics look good, really sharp resolution and the gameplay looks smooth, no hangs or stutters.
>>
>>47753498
oh and a vendetta

>>47753444
>>
>>47753498
dude, wtf? why are you running exterminators and not almost literally anything else? Executioners, Punishers, Battle Tanks, (especially battletanks) and you choose fucking exterminators? a S7 AP4 Heavy 4 autocannon?

Vanquishers aren't that great either, and you're better off ditching Pask and putting them on 3 seperate heavy units

seriously though, no wonder you're getting your ass kicked
>>
>>47753376
>cataphract terminator armor
>slow and purposeful
>Angelos just jogging along like it's nothing and leaping through the air
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>47753498
For 1500 points, try dropping the Vindicare, switching the Vanquisher to a battle cannon unless he's all armour. The carapace armour on the vets is alright, but if you have enough terrain you can use forward sentries + going to ground + the get back in the fight order to good use. The grenade launcher's a bit average as well, the points might be useful elsewhere.

I'd play around with dropping the points on the CCS if they're your warlord. You just don't want them in a fight, put them in a Chimera if you can. Drop the Multi-melta OR the lascannon, it's not really worth both due to snap firing.

A lot of my advice is fairly generic, so it'd change depending on the build. The Vindicare might be nice for taking out a lord because from memory he has a lot of saves, but it's rare I face Necrons.
>>
>>47753498
and what's he bringing?
>>
>>47753498
don't you have any chimera's? could you maybe pick up another vendetta? You're LR's turrets aren't glued shut are they?

You could maybe pick up a 5 pack of cadians for 10 bucks and a command squad and cannibilize the bits for some special weapons
>>
>>47752541
Is this a UT mod or something?
>>
>>47752166
because deep strike is always a terrible choice
>>
>>47751679
That scheme is so simple, but pretty damn awesome at the same time. Thanks for the idea
>>
File: Gold Experience Requiem.gif (120 KB, 450x310) Image search: [Google]
Gold Experience Requiem.gif
120 KB, 450x310
What's a better point limit: 1500, 1750 or 1850
I feel know GW has made 40k way to bloaty with the current Movement, Psychic, Flyer, Shooting and Assault phases - 2k games take on average 4-5 hours
>>
>>47753578
It's eternal crusade.
>>
>>47753603
The way the environments look reminds me of Unreal Tournament. Where do I get it?
>>
>>47753599
1500 is a weird compromise, but it works.

Its just big enough to pull some shenanigans without going full ham.

That being said, its really kind of an unhappy compromise because its not big enough to fit in everything you want but its too big to feel like a skirmish.

1500 is kind of like "the big boy table" where you meet the most casual players.
>>
>>47753614
It's in Early Access.
It is still very buggy and poorly optimized, but the devs are updating it regularly.
The Eldar were added in just last week.
>>
>>47753599
1850 would feel really nice if it wasn't busted as all hell. There are so many stupid things you can do at that point level that if you're not running some sort of gimmick you're all comers list is going to get thrashed.
>>
>>47753549
Lych guard, immortals, cryteks, 2 doom scythes, a blast ark (forgot the name), wraiths, spyder, chariot overlord and a stalker.
>>
>>47751610

This is a wargame son, war is in the name.

If your pansy ass opponent is running around playing Simon says because some cardboard sheets told him to, then he's gonna be far easier to annihilate.
>>
>>47753639
>1A in tabletop profile
>fucks up a CSM in melee instead of casting psychic shit
>fucking eldar seem to be GWs favorchild now instead of Marines
>-10/10 won't play
>>
>>47753639
I just hope they do proper justice to da green boyz so I'll have an excuse to get this game and have a WAAAGH.
>>
>>47752541
>>47752583
>>47753639
>>47753681

I'm still sad they backpedaled on their original plan.

The game was going to be F2P but if you were F2P you could only be Orks. It would have been magnificent.

>Hordes of poorfag Orks from all over the world with terrible ping in BR, etc
>no communication, just senseless infighting and attacking everything
>people that pay have access to the other armies and people that are taking the game seriously but still outnumbered by hordes of Orks

Would have been so true to the source material.
>>
>>47753670
The Eldar were just addd to the game m8. They are not finished, and their psychic powers are not even fully in.
Also, a Warlock can fuck up a Chaos Marine in melee. They have fucking witchblades and weaponskill of 4.
>>
The discussion on the scions made me intrested.

can you load the tempestus guys in chimeras? should i take them instead of chimera veterans?
>>
>>47753376
Well it is still pre-alpha. No game looks good when its still in pre-alpha. Give it time anon.

DoW still looks so good even though its 12 years old.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVnJH2scIVk
>>
>>47753699
>>47753639
It's a shame the game isn't going to be Planetside 40k like they promised either.

The Eternal Crusade development process has just been one long line of disapointment.
>>
>>47751543
Bikes with Grav-Guns, yeah.
>>
File: 3f9ffa7a6cbda78e682c762d6302d4f4.jpg (868 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
3f9ffa7a6cbda78e682c762d6302d4f4.jpg
868 KB, 1024x1024
1000 pts Orks
R8 - H8 - Extermin8? Any suggestions on what I can do to improve this list?
Note: This list is not strictly competitive.

++ Orks: Codex (2014) (Ork Horde Detachment) (997pts) ++

+ HQ (115pts) +

Warboss (115pts) [Attack Squig (15pts), Bosspole (5pts), Cybork Body (5pts), HQ, Kombi-weapon w/ Rokkit Launcha (5pts), Power Klaw (25pts), Stikkbombs]

+ Elites (223pts) +

Nobz (223pts)
····Boss Nob (51pts) [Bosspole (5pts), Power Klaw (25pts), Stikkbombs, Twin-linked Shoota (3pts)]
····Nob (43pts) [Power Klaw (25pts), Slugga, Stikkbombs]

+ Troops (265pts) +

Boyz (92pts)
····Boss Nob (21pts) [Bosspole (5pts), Choppa, Slugga, Stikkbombs]
····10x Boy (60pts) [10x Choppa, 10x Slugga, 10x Stikkbombs]
····Boy w/ Rokkit Launcha (11pts) [Choppa, Rokkit Launcha, Stikkbombs]

Boyz (92pts)
····Boss Nob (21pts) [Bosspole (5pts), Choppa, Slugga, Stikkbombs]
····10x Boy (60pts) [10x Choppa, 10x Slugga, 10x Stikkbombs]
····Boy w/ Rokkit Launcha (11pts) [Choppa, Rokkit Launcha, Stikkbombs]

Boyz (81pts)
····10x Boy (70pts) [10x Choppa, 10x Shoota (10pts), 10x Stikkbombs]
····Boy w/ Big Shoota (11pts) [Big Shoota, Choppa, Stikkbombs]

+ Fast Attack (210pts) +

Deffkoptas (210pts)
····Deffkopta (70pts) [Bigbomm (15pts), Buzzsaw (25pts), Choppa, Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha]
····Deffkopta (70pts) [Bigbomm (15pts), Buzzsaw (25pts), Choppa, Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha]

+ Heavy Support (184pts) +

Looted Wagon (WD) (92pts) [Killkannon (30pts), Red Paint Job (5pts), 3x Rockit Launcha (15pts), Stikkbomb Chukka (5pts)]

Looted Wagon (WD) (92pts) [Killkannon (30pts), Red Paint Job (5pts), 3x Rockit Launcha (15pts), Stikkbomb Chukka (5pts)]
>>
>>47753703
No, unfortunately. They really won't be better IG vets than IG vets anyway, they're more focused on deep striking and ap3 lasguns than special weapons.
>>
>>47753647

When an opponent asks "Do you want to play Eternal War or Maelstrom", I hear "Do you want to play Eternal War or Purge the Alien".
>>
File: 1455380964162.jpg (56 KB, 1000x514) Image search: [Google]
1455380964162.jpg
56 KB, 1000x514
>>47753810
>he's never crushed an opponent 23-2 in contact lost
>>
>>47753786
All your boyz mobs should be lead by nobs.
If you're using a nobz squad with pure power klaws you want mega nobs, they're cheaper and better.
What's with having red paint AND a killikannon AND 3 rocket launchers on the looted wagons? If it fires the Kannon everything else fires snap shots and you can't fire and flat out.
You need a dedicated transport for your nobs, you could use one wagon but you would want to strip out their gear as you want the transport for either shooting or moving, not both.
In my opinion boss poles are a trap option and I don't use them. You're paying points for the privilege of killing more of your own boyz when you fail your moral which in turn makes you more likely to fail again in the future.
>>
>>47751470
Hey, those are my mouse pads.
>>
>>47753853

Oh, I've beaten people on points by a stupid margin through lucky card draws, yes... But even then that's incidental to beating face.
>>
>>47751850
you are just too cool for school
>>
Looking for feedback on a 1500 pt tau army, i've done 1 match at 500pt and 1 at 750pt so far

HQ
Darkstrider - 100pt

Elites
1x Riptide, Ion Accelerator, SMS, stim, 2x drones - 270 pts
6x stealth suits, 1 shas'vre with TL, ML and FB - 200 pts
4x Crisis suits, 3x with 2x missile pods and TL, 1 shas'vre with VRT, C+C node, Multispec suite - 228 pts

Troops
10x breachers, 1 shas'ui, Guardian drone, devilfish with spines and dpod - 212 pts
20x rifle FW, 2 are shas'ui - 200 pts

Fast Attack
10x Pathfinders (no rifles or shas'ui) - 110pts
2x Remora Drones - 180 pts

Total 1500 pts

Darkstrider joins the breachers and carves chunks out of infantry and armor with the stealth suits

Remoras spend the pathfinders markerlights first to dump thier 4 seekers into armor or big threats, then focus on sky threats if any

Crisis suits use ignore cover and BS4.5 to lob str7 at infiltrators, then go for light armor

Once the remoras have thrown all their seeker missiles out, all pathfinder MLs go to the riptide for high BS pie plates
>>
File: 1459796430594.png (2 MB, 722x1022) Image search: [Google]
1459796430594.png
2 MB, 722x1022
>>47753376
>deep striking imperial knight
>>
>>47754058
Doesn't look like it's a very cheesy list, so that's good. It's a fairly good mix of underused units with commonly used ones.
>>
>>47754059
MANY OF AR BATTLE BRUDDAS ARE IN SPESS

THE CODEX ASTARTES CALLS THIS MANEUVA STEEL REHN
>>
>>47754066
>Marines = rain
The fuck is an Imperial Knight, huge ass fucking hailstones?
>>
>>47754065
yeah ive tried to avoid being cheesy so far and just think of fun setups instead of looking at WAAC tourneyfag shit, i have about 2200pts of army so far and i dont have a riptide or ghostkeel yet

I'll be getting one of either once my magnets and drill arrive from ebay, not decided which one ill go with yet, its either ghostkeel for OSC, or riptide for being a riptide
>>
>>47754082
Blue ice
>>
>>47754082
NO

IT IS THE EMPRAHS FURRY
>>
>>47754088
Either are fine additions to any Tau army, and I'd get both eventually. It's a nice thing to have a ton of unit choices when you're building your list.

Ghostkeels look pretty fucking cool in my opinion, much more so than a Riptide.
>>
>>47754167

of course ill be getting both eventually, but i'm stuck with a back log of stuff to paint right now anyway (2x suits, 12 FW, 10 breachers, 5 almost done pathfinders, plus 2 remoras), not in too much of a rush to keep filling my backlog with even more greyfagness
>>
I want to buy a deff dread but I got told they only come in boxes of two, this can't be true, can it?!

Why would they they sell an expensive mode, l that can only be take as one in a unit, in a two pack.
>>
>>47754209
Those are killa kanz, deff dreads come solo
>>
>>47754209
I like how you haven't even checked the webstore to see if you can buy a single dred, and just gone straight into bitching about GW. Classy work there.
>>
>>47754175
>of course ill be getting both eventually, but i'm stuck with a back log of stuff to paint right now anyway
Oh aren't you just a treat.
I have 9000 points of Blood Angels and Skitarii.
All of them unpainted and almost all of them unprimed.
I'm still buying more.
>>
File: 22902_700x.jpg (103 KB, 634x800) Image search: [Google]
22902_700x.jpg
103 KB, 634x800
>>47753376
Everything seems so weightless.
>>
>>47754275
to be fair, i only started 3 weeks ago with my first starter box, so give it a year and i might pass you
>>
>>47754276
Low gravity world.
>>
>>47754291
Funny enough, I'm not sure whether I hope you do or not.
>>
I recently got Deathwatch, the Assassinorum game and the imperial knight box. How would this fare in average FLGS games? Would it get absolutely destroyed? It seems like it'd be fun to play.

2000 points

Formation: Kill Team Cassius [535]

Formation: Assassinorum Execution Force [570]

IK: Oathsword Attachment [840]
> 2x - Knight Paladin; Ironstorm Missile Pod, Thunderstrike
Gauntlet, Melta Gun

Inquisitorial Detachment [47]
> 1x - Ordo Xenos Inquisitor; 3x Servo-skulls, Power armour, Grimoire of True Names
>>
>>47754227
Ew, I don't buy from GW.

I buy from my local store which gives me a 20% discount and they said it's no longer possible for them to obtain single dread boxes from GW to sell.
Maybe single dread boxes are being phased out?
>>
>>47753513
>Its just a little too brightly colored is all. Its supposed to be grimdark but its like a neon ice factory.

I cannot imagine where you're coming from with this.

40K has always been brightly coloured. It's brightly coloured now, and it was even more brightly coloured in the past. Look at the Eavy Metal pages of 2nd and 3rd edition Codices if you need proof.

Grimdark has never referred to the colour scheme.
>>
>>47754342
then go to ebay and get over 20% off at the same time
>>
>>47748381
Fukken baller!

>>47747720
Models, I can believe. But rules when they have fluff and older codexes on which to rely for inspiration? Shit, my Ork dex was done in a few months, to include post-publishing balance to remove at-initiative AP2 & BS3 TL Lootas. They certainly seemed to work hard enough to craft Cowardly Grots & Know Yer Limitz, exclusively harmful rules, but didn't bother to design anything really helpful. Hell, the "Kill yourselves because you were killed a bunch" chart must have taken months to shit out, but was obviously not worthwhile regardless of effort or time invested because the delusional writers know nothing about the game nor the faction's fluff/crunch.

Wulfen were probably barfed together in an afternoon, broken as they are, absent any game balance or knowledgeable oversight.

>>47746095
Have him use my codex. I know that feeling.

Bit ly/Orks7ePDF
>>
>>47754342
Yeah, because your local store is a more accurate way of telling what GW sells than GW's own webstore, amirite. Deff dred isn't even direct only, your store are just being numpties to try to get you to buy more.
>>
>>47754297
Same worl from the Ultramarines movie then?
>>
>>47754323
>Knight Paladin
Probably better off running Crusaders with the Battle Cannon upgrade and at 2000 points I'd bring at least one dedicated Skyfire weapon like the Icarus Autocannons (Gatling Cannons are also great Anti Air), even going as far as dropping the Inquisitional Detachment if you need the points, it's not like Kill Team Cassius needs more Special Rules.

The list I'd run would look like this:
Formation: Kill Team Cassius [535]

Formation: Assassinorum Execution Force [570]

IK: Oathsword Attachment [895]
> 1x - Knight Crusader; Battle Cannon
> 1x - Knight Crusader; Battle Cannon, TL Icarus Autocannon
>>
>>47752161

What slaaneshi unit is that supposed to look like?
>>
>>47752541

>That horrendous combat

People actually play this clusterfuck? They look like two epileptic toddlers swinging blindly at one another.
>>
>>47754405
Dropping the inquisitor actually makes that work quite nicely. I might actually run that instead when I build them. I've been wanting to do a super specialist army so getting the boxes super cheap made it easy.
>>
>>47752728

>Aspect Warriors play more or less the same as Marines

Saw this coming a mile away sadly. They were never gonna do more than cannibalise Space Marine. It was a cut and paste job from day one.

>>47753376

This however looks so much worse than I expected. Oh fucking Lord... Why?
>>
>>47754500
You do realize that the Aspect Warriors aren't ready yet.
The devs have confirmed that they are gonna be faster than the marines. They were added into the early access just few days ago.
>>
>>47753670

Since when would a generic CSM not get fucked up by a I5 S7/9 unit?
>>
>>47754441
How would you do melee combat in a 3rd person shooter then?
>>
File: disgusted prince.gif (805 KB, 433x344) Image search: [Google]
disgusted prince.gif
805 KB, 433x344
>>47753639

>Totally generic melee attacks that are identical across not only classes, but races
>>
>>47753376
Actually looks pretty good. I want all /v/isitors to leave.
>>
>>47752784
Yeah, and the FAQ team is plain wrong in many cases. It's basically an argument from authority, but the emperor has no clothes in those instances: it's more than fair to say that the players collectively understand the rules as they're supposed to be better than whatever uncaring poor £13,000 per year bastard has to type these out.

And I swear, I'm going to laugh my green ass off when the Ork FAQ comes out last, because no-one at the company understands them or gives a shit, and it will STILL manage to nerf the army EVEN HARDER. I want to buy Nobz and Orkanauts *right now* because of my codex, but I just can't financially reward the company's nonchalant irresponsible behavior and anti-consumer practices re: Ork, Chaos, & Tyranid players.

>>47748381
Fukken baller!

>>47747720
Models, I can believe. But rules when they have fluff and older codexes on which to rely for inspiration? Shit, my Ork dex was done in a few months, to include post-publishing balance to remove at-initiative AP2 & BS3 TL Lootas. They certainly seemed to work hard enough to craft Cowardly Grots & Know Yer Limitz, exclusively harmful rules, but didn't bother to design anything really helpful. Hell, the "Kill yourselves because you were killed a bunch" chart must have taken months to shit out, but was obviously not worthwhile regardless of effort or time invested because the delusional writers know nothing about the game nor the faction's fluff/crunch.

Wulfen were probably barfed together in an afternoon, broken as they are, absent any game balance or knowledgeable oversight.

>>47746095
Have him use my codex. I know that feeling.

Bit ly/Orks7ePDF
>>
>>47754539
The Eldar animations differ from that of the marines, are you blind?
>>
>>47751470
Hold your fucking phone.
Did I understand well? On Forge World I have to buy the dreadonught chassis AND the fucking weapons?
they're not sold TOGETHER?
>>
>>47754535

How about instead of every single melee attack being a a swing left followed by a swing right, you... I dunno, have some degree of variation? Also, instead of having attacks just bounce off air, how about implementing some sort of parry animation? Because it kinda looks like cheap/lazy. I'm not sure whether it's due to bad devs, no budget or general lack of giving a shit. At any rate it manages to look worse than Space Marine. which at least had a good sense of weight.
>>
>>47754566

>Almost every class just has a generic swing from lift to right with no nuance or style
>All Eldar do the same fucking kick regardless of aspect or fighting style
>Different

Maybe instead of paying you to shill this, Behaviour should put that money into improving its embarrassing assets?
>>
>>47754597
You are talking about animations. The bouncing is basically parrying. You parry melee attacks by attacking with the same attack type the enemy player is attacking with (aka fast attack parries the fast attack of the enemy, defensive bash parries the bash of the enemy and so on.)

Again, the game is still work in progress, so matters of animation can, and most likely will change. Mechanically, the melee in EC works rater well. It allows you to counter the enemy's attacks, if you know what you are doing, whereas in Space Marine, melee just involved spamming attack button.
>>
>>47754621
> being paid to shill
Do people legitimately believe this or is this a /v/ meme?
>>
>>47754626
So, spam fast attack 2 win then? If they don't do fast attacks you stunlock them, if they do you parry them.
>>
>>47754621
>whining about unfinished animations in an unfinished game
>calling others shills
Go back to /v/ you retard.
>>
>>47753542
yep
>>
>>47754209
The failure of a rules dev team neglected to let Deff Dreads squad, take a transport, or DS; & as of the last SM update, Ork dreads don't even have much of an attack advantage over SM ones, if you use the shit vanilla Ork dex.
>>
>>47754632
No, you counter fast attacks with defensive bash. If your opponent is spamming fast attacks, you se DB to stun him, and then wreck his shit. And if the opponent is spamming DBs, you use a strong attack to wreck his shit, and if he is using Strong attack, you use fast attack and so on.
>>
>>47754629

It's either that or believe people legitimately think EC looks good. I've not yet lost that much faith in man so the only logical conclusion is they're being paid.
>>
is this a good time to start with 40k ?

how likely are they going to kill it and make Age of Emprah or something
>>
>>47754660
Nobody is saying that it looks good. What is being said, is that it looks decent, and has potential to be good eventually.
But no, anyone who says anything remotely positive about the game has to be shill, according to your /v/tard logic.
>>
>>47754629
>/v/ memes
Quite appropriate considering he spends his time shitting up /tg/ with videogames.

This is a /v/ topic and has no place on /tg/.
>>
>>47754626

>You are talking about animations. The bouncing is basically parrying.

Did you not understand the point or are you just avoiding it? I know it's supposed to be a parry. The problem is they haven't bothered to give it an animation so it looks jerk and plain lazy.

>Again, the game is still work in progress

Limp dicked excuse. You can't put a work on progress for sale, especially when it's supposed to be finalized soon. Your game should not require 60% more work being done at early access. Idiots are paying money to play this laughable crap. Those founders pack were asking for crazy money and look at it. Fucking LOOK AT IT.
>>
>>47754667

>decent

I know you're upset that you got tricked into spending money on vague promises, but self-deception is not the answer. There are decade old games that look like current releases in comparison.
>>
>>47754675

Just like novel discussion belongs on /lit/? Shut up you silly cunt. It's 40k on /tg/.
>>
>>47754692
The animation serves it's purpose as of right now. If the game was a finished product, with no more development being worked on it, you'd have a point, but as it is, you are whining about an unfinished, that is clearly stated to be unfinished, being unfinished.

>>47754708
I enjoy the gameplay m8. It plays like Space Marine, but with more stuff in it, and the fact that it is graphically not yet finished doesn't bother me a single bit. The combat being both hectic, but also requiring team work and tactics, makes matches pretty enjoyable. At one moment, you and your squad may be traveling in a wave serpent to a capture point, and the next thing you know, you are storming the point with Shuriken catapults singing, Warlocks casting healing spells to keep everyone in the fight, Dark Reapers supporting the attack with heavy fire power, and Scorpions Charing into the melee to shred the enemies apart.

Or are you saying that the entertainment I am having with the game is somehow fake?
Have you even played it yourself?
>>
File: Surrenderb8.jpg (47 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
Surrenderb8.jpg
47 KB, 625x626
>>47754660
People can have different opinions, this isn't a science. People love many things others think are bad. I fucking hate Space Marines and how they look but I don't think that anyone that likes them is a shill for GW. Go back to /v/ if you want to do your conspiratorial shit about how game devs are trying to infiltrate your communities with inferior opinions.
>>
Guys, is it clever to put ironclad dreadonught into pods? I am planning to get two of them into two pods and unleash them on turn one on the enemies. Is it worth it?
>>
>>47754720

/lit/ tends to have more intelligent content in comparison to the shit-spraying that /v/ does.
/tg/ is traditional games.
Video games stay out.
>>
>>47754767

>It's unfinished
>This means it's free from criticism

Do you actually get upset by others poking fun at the garbage you've spent money on? Pro tip: don't spend money on things until they actually demonstrate they're worth it. Otherwise, you end up having to defend games where they can't even animate core mechanics and still want to charge for early access. Space Marine was basic as hell and they couldn't even cut and paste it well. The game that came out six years ago looks cutting edge compared to the one that's supposed to be out in a month.

>Or are you saying that the entertainment I am having with the game is somehow fake?

No more fake than the enjoyment I get out of laughing at your terrible decisions.
>>
>>47754812

Except /tg/ constantly goes off topic and talks about vidya. Always has done, always will do. Saying /lit/ is an exception, because it's better than /v/ is a shit argument with no logic. Either we only allow traditional games and kick out discussion of tolkien, GoT and BL or we do what we always do and talk about things that as long as they're /tg/ related in some way.
>>
>>47754664
Rumors say that we might get a new edition late this year with fixes from the FAQ currently coming out already included within it. Again, these are only rumors so take it with a grain of salt but these rumors say that this is said to be the only real change from 7th Edition to 8th.

Considering how much shit and backlash they got from the failure that is AoS, I very much doubt they'd be so keen as to do the same to their flagship franchise for a good while, so you're definitely safe from and Age of the Emperor scenario.

GW is also starting to pull their heads out their ass and is lowering the price of the hobby by releasing "bundle boxes" that offer relatively huge discounts for common bread and butter units you'll need a lot of. Needless to say, this is good.

The balance of the game is probably at its lowest point however, but this isn't much of a problem if your local players aren't asshats. It shouldn't be hard to find a few good people to play with, especially with the influx of new players recently thanks to the bundle boxes lowering the high entry cost of the game.
>>
>>47754807
pls respond?
is it better to have only 1 pod? I have no freaking clue
>>
>>47754874
Well unless you have 3 or 4 drop pods, only 1 of them is coming in on the first turn.
>>
>>47754861
Litteraly no trusted rumors have said that we'll get a new edition this year.
Any trustable person (like sadpanda) have said that the next edition will be either late 2017 or sometime in 2018. Which was to be expected, seeing as that is 3 to 4 years after 7th was released, which is the normal life cycle of an edition post 3rd.
>>
>>47754829
>It's unfinished
>This means it's free from criticism

Where did I say that?
What I said, is that calling unfinished stuff out on looking bad, is rather pointless, as it is unfinished. None of the animations in the game have been said to be final.
Because of that, calling them shit doesn't really have any point. Yeah, no shit they look bad. They are work in progress.

If you criticized actual gameplay mechanics, we might have a decent discussion.
>>
>>47754885
Fair enough, though I still say we're quite safe from an AoS style apocalypse.
>>
>>47752144
The current wording makes it so you can't use word bearers with thousand sons, death guard, etc., unless that's intentional.
>>
>>47754912
Oh most assuredly. Only retards talk about Age of the Emperor as anything but a joke.
However, given the rumors of plastic demon primarchs, I wouldn't be suprised if we saw and "end times" like thing that involved a continuation of the 13th black crusade, but with chaos losing, so as to not lose the cashcow that is 40k.
>>
>>47754861
>GW is also starting to pull their heads out their ass and is lowering the price of the hobby by releasing "bundle boxes" that offer relatively huge discounts for common bread and butter units you'll need a lot of. Needless to say, this is good.

you mean the "start collecting" things ? Yeah they look good. Still waiting for Dark Eldar
>>
>>47754899

Your only rebuttal to my criticism was that it's unfinished. That was your entire argument and it does nothing to counter the fact that everything about the game's combat is bland and shoddy. Absolutely nothing.

>If you criticized actual gameplay mechanics

I did. I laughed at how poorly put together and spasmodic its combat is and how unbelievably lazy the animations are. Your only rebuttal is "it's not finished" because you're naive enough to think animations can be replaced this late into the game's life cycle. Nope. You know how long those take to do? Those aren't place holder animations anon. They're what you're getting. It's waaaay too late now. At this point the most you can hope for is mild tweaks like improved textures, but the core mechanics will still be rocks, scissor paper with dopey looking animations.
>>
>>47754949
You might be waiting for a while sadly.
Dark Eldar is a faction that doesn't get much love from GW.
>>
>Repressor
>3 firing ports on EACH side and 2 on top

5 Heavy flamer drive-by seems like it would be crazy fun against the right enemies

Any disadvantage to the Repressor apart from not really being availabe anymore? Seems like it would be easy to make one out of a Rhino and the Immolator bits from the Exorcist kit
>>
>>47754968

well fuck. I only played w40k vidya and they were my favourite faction. Fast glass cannons. Are they like this in tabletop ?
>>
Is the Dark Vengeance mini rulebook at all different from the normal BRB?

I don't want to pay for nor lug around that piece of shit.
>>
>>47754950

>I did. I laughed at how poorly put together and spasmodic its combat is and how unbelievably lazy the animations are.
This isn't even an argument. How is the combat "poorly put together and spasmodic"? Again, you are still just criticizing graphical assets.
Have you actually played the game? The melee combat is hectic, yes, but it has a rhythm to it, and it is certainly far better than melee in Space Marine was, which involved just spamming basic attacks.
The game is getting new animations with each patch, so again, you don't really have any point, you are just going "nuh uh, they can't put in any new animations" despite being completely wrong.

And while I do agree that the game being supposed to be launched on this summer is a bit early, the devs have confirmed that development on the game will continue even after the launch (assuming the launch isn't pushed back, which would be a good thing imo, as it would give the devs more time to hone the game.)
>>
>>47753699
There are post-launch plans to do Free2Waaagh, but last I heard it was more like a demo than F2P?

Also, there are plans for open-world after launch, as soon as they get the tech ready.

Yeah, they basically bargained their soul to Bamco in return for investment.
>>
File: repressor.png (3 MB, 1196x1366) Image search: [Google]
repressor.png
3 MB, 1196x1366
>>47754989
forgot pic
>>
>>47754998
its the same as the huge book, i bought the DA one off ebay aswell

seriously, if GW sold the DA rule book without hardback or 600 pages of fluff then i would actually buy it at a marked up price on principle
>>
>>47754991

They got the glass part right, still waiting for the cannon.
>>
File: 1465375256772.png (243 KB, 970x760) Image search: [Google]
1465375256772.png
243 KB, 970x760
whos the dude on the right?
>>
>>47752784
All it says is you can only have one of each artifact per army. Nothing about one per model.

Unless I'm missing something the one relic ruling was a spacemarine FAQ not every army in the game FAQ
>>
>>47755023
>Yeah, they basically bargained their soul to Bamco in return for investment.

The way the early phases of the development were handled makes that hardly surprising.
The shit the former devs did was borderline criminal.
>>
>>47755029
They did that, once.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-40-000-Collectors-Edition-Mini-Rulebook
>>
>>47754991
They're a pretty fast faction on the tabletop.
Very specialized units. VERY much glass cannons. Actually, more glass than cannon, and even then, they can actually become quite survivable given the right circumstance.

>>47754998
I don't have the Dark Vengeance Mini RB but I got the one from Shield of Baal: Deathstorm. It was exactly the same as the BRB only just each page was scaled down. That's it.
>>
>>47755052
but why the fuck wouldnt they keep doing it

instead of selling a hard back 800 page book for £50, just sell the core rule DA softback, templates and 5-10 dice for £50 instead as an "you can now play this game" pack
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.