[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What personality do you give to an otyugh, so that it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: Otyugh.jpg (20 KB, 222x310) Image search: [Google]
Otyugh.jpg
20 KB, 222x310
What personality do you give to an otyugh, so that it's not just a poop-eating monster?
>>
>>47749989
A morose otyugh that is bitter because he was exiled from his culture for having a piss fetish instead of eating poop
>>
>>47749989
Old DM of mine had one double duty as a chef on a ship and the ships waste dispossal.
>>
File: CBT3VCHVEAATjb6.jpg (48 KB, 600x425) Image search: [Google]
CBT3VCHVEAATjb6.jpg
48 KB, 600x425
>>47749989
>>
>>47750015

Otyugh are literally more magical realm than succubi.
Do we have an otyugh monster-girl yet?
>>
>>47749989
All my otyughs have shit-eating grins
>>
File: 10 out of 10.png (135 KB, 487x345) Image search: [Google]
10 out of 10.png
135 KB, 487x345
>>47750337
Nice.
>>
>>47749989
Make him a scatological connoiseur who affects a top hat and monocle, then he'll be a shit eating monster with CLASS.
>>
I don't know if you want comedic or serious answers.

Animalistic personalities tend to be a little different from personalities of people. Maybe aside from being a bottom feeder it likes to collect things, baubles or treasures, or you could go a different route and say it likes things that aren't valuable to people.

Maybe it has a concept of currency and believes its trading things for food.
>>
Their personalities can vary but, more then anything else, they just want to eat garbage.

An idea for an encounter would be to have the PCs through into a trash chute or be forced to use ont to escape and come across an Otyugh that lives in there.

He was hired to sort out trash that he can't eat and given whatever he can eat as payment for his services. Now the PCs could immediately attack him but otherwise he'd be more confused why there are people down there since he's told them he doesn't eat people.

If the PCs don't immediately go into murder hobo mode he helps them get out and will vouch for them.
>>
>>47749989
>not just a

Poop monster with a heart of gold.
BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL
Poop monster in a wheelchair.
REAR WINDOW
Poop monster with mommy issues.
THEY CALL ME MISTER HANKY
Poop monster with a comic sidekick.
THE ROAD TO HERSHEYTOWN
Poop monster with dark past (swidt).
SON OF LEMMIWINKS
Poop monster with Turette's.
MELISSA MCCARTHY
Poop monster veteran cop with his own set of rules who teams-up with a brash, young ex-con on the path of redemption - together, they fight crime!
FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (68 KB, 679x1024) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
68 KB, 679x1024
>>47749989
I like the idea of an otyugh becoming a big name on the black market on the back of all the stuff that makes its way into the sewers. Give it a lair that functions as both scrap heap and pawn shop, maybe even a few wererat minions to gather rumours and guide customers. Hell, give it a pet burbur to help deal with any encroaching slimes.

Rumormonger. Fence. Honorary member of the Thieves' Guild. Poop-eater. It's the people you look down on that'll get one over ya.
>>
>>47753687
>All the gear he fences is kind of shitty
>>
>>47753687
I like this!
>>
>>47750114
>Do we have an otyugh monster-girl yet?
>>
>>47749989
BRIAN BLESSED
>>
>>47749989

An uncontrollable craving.
(for poop.)
>>
File: The shittiest vault - vault 120.png (1 MB, 2416x4450) Image search: [Google]
The shittiest vault - vault 120.png
1 MB, 2416x4450
I can only think of this
>>
I generally play them as somewhat dim but friendly. I also only rarely attack sentient beings unless they are threatened or starving, an otyugh in my game would be more likely to help you out if you fell in its crap pile than attack you.
>>
File: scatman.jpg (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
scatman.jpg
4 KB, 200x200
>>47749989
Aspiring bard
>>
donald trump
>>
I ran mine as an intelligent evil wizard who used his monstrous appearance and low level wizardry to convince people he was significantly more powerful than he actually was and use arcane marks and shit to make people think they were cursed and he could track them down. Then he would force them to get things for him and do things he couldn't do for him.

He was the kind of questgiver where "no" isn't an option until you realize he's all talk (smell?) and is a chump. The player's killed him once they figured this out.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.