[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shinigami Savant Quest #66.5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 13
File: Seireitei_vector.jpg (211 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
Seireitei_vector.jpg
211 KB, 848x480
You are Captain Kusajishi Riku, commanding officer of the Seireitei's Ninth Division and current point of contact with the spiritual realm of Valhalla. What little diplomatic “pull” you may have with the locals however is insufficient to talk your way out of the current situation though: a mirror image of your companion Shihōin Yoruichi is thought to have been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Valhallan soldiers just within the last few days, seemingly part of a wider rebellion that has destabilized the political order here.

Last night you also learned something new about the region you've found yourself in: namely that the lack of powerful fighters here is not due to some sort of deficiency with the local inhabitants, but rather that your fellow shinigami's power is aberrant. The Soul Society has a higher density of spiritual particles, allowing for high-powered mutants such as yourself and the other Captains and Lieutenants to exist where such beings would be impossible elsewhere. This also suggests that in all likelihood Yoruichi's doppelganger hails from the Soul Society just as you do.

It also came to your attention that your progress towards resolving the Valhallan rebellion is being monitored very closely by the local deities, adding another layer of complexity to the situation.

“So this is gonna be pretty easy, you think?” Yoruichi muses as you put the final preparations on your morning meal: sausage, eggs, and toast with two einspänners in glasses included in the furnishings for your temporary quarters.

“I doubt anyone's ever needed to disguise their reiatsu around here,” you reply, passing her the glass of espresso and whipped cream. “It's more a problem of finding your clone, who's presumably got your skills at stealth.”

“That's going to be a tough order,” she admits. “Not to sound conceited or anything. You figure we could draw her out somehow?”
>1/2
>>
>>47743407
“You know you, too smart for that,” you admit, taking a bite of toast. And it's a fair point: if this copy has anything approaching your wife's intelligence, she'll refuse to be lured out easily where you can engage her. “We may have to wait for her to make the first move, then respond.”

“The Valhallans aren't going to like that,” Yoruichi observes. “Last time she made a move hundreds of their guys bought it.”

“I think our best shot is to hope that she really IS connected to the Valhallans' science project. If so that's our only real chance at drawing her out.”

Yoruichi nods thoughtfully, before setting aside her fork. “I tend to agree. In any event we need to deal with that anyway.”

Once breakfast has been concluded you pull on your white haori, fasten its pale blue sash, and join Shunsui outside your rooms. It takes you all several moments to tuck your swords away properly, causing Shunsui to chuckle.

“For a long time Jūshirō and I were the only ones with two zanpakuto,” he muses, deeply amused at what he's seeing. “I almost feel less special now.”

“It's okay,” Yoruichi reassures him as she finishes wrapping the sheath for her two swords up in her own sash. “I never thought you were that special.”

“She's joking,” you tell him as he makes a show of pouting.

Now, time to take the next step.

>The three of us can probably use our senses to track down our targets.
>We should interview the locals, see if they can help us narrow down our search.
>We should split up, regroup only when we find something.
>Other?
>>
>>47743452
>>We should interview the locals, see if they can help us narrow down our search.
>>
>>47743452
>>The three of us can probably use our senses to track down our targets.
>>
>>47743452
>>
>>47743452
>>The three of us can probably use our senses to track down our targets.
>>
>>47743452
>>We should split up, regroup only when we find something.

what could go wrong?
>>
>>47743452
>>
>>47743452
>>We should interview the locals, see if they can help us narrow down our search.
>>
>>47743452
>We should interview the locals, see if they can help us narrow down our search.
>>
>writing
>>
>>47743452
>>
>>47743673
“Shunsui, not that I don't like you,” you begin carefully, “but Yoruichi and I have better reiatsu-sensing abilities, and the locals aren't exactly fond of Yoruichi. So it might be better for you to interview witnesses and direct us in.”

Your fellow Captain rubs the back of his neck nervously. “I suppose that makes sense, even if I won't be literally keeping my eyes on you.”

“Call it a technicality, Shunsui,” Yoruichi suggests, clapping him on the shoulder. “Now, shall we?”

You and Yoruichi head out into the countryside, getting clear of the crowds of soldiers going about their business in town. Out here the old blocks of buildings and roads give way to farmhouses and hedgerows, until you finally come to a stop.

“Here looks like a good place to start,” Yoruichi suggests before closing her eyes.

You do the same.
>dice+3d10, DC 7
>>
Rolled 8, 8, 2 = 18 (3d10)

>>47743842
>>
Rolled 2, 7, 10 = 19 (3d10)

>>47743842
>>
Rolled 6, 6, 4 = 16 (3d10)

>>47743842
>>
>>47743862
>regular success: direction and strength discerned
>writing
>>
>>47743842
A. I thought Shunsui was heading back east to research something.
B. How can Shunsui interview people when he doesn't speack english?
Or am I misunderstanding
>>
File: 23588093_p0.jpg (123 KB, 891x732) Image search: [Google]
23588093_p0.jpg
123 KB, 891x732
>>47743890
You can feel something in the distance: four distinct presences to the east, each falling somewhere between the level of an average Lieutenant at full release and a Captain in something of a relaxed state. Not too dangerously powerful, but you can certainly see how this could be difficult for the local Valhallan soldiers.

Next to you Yoruichi opens her eyes. “So they're in that direction,” she sighs. “Feels like a half-day's travel at a conservative pace.”

You produce your denreishinki and call Shunsui on it to inform him of what you've found.

“So quickly?” he muses. “I've made contact with a witness to the Shihōin-alike's attack, I'll see what sort of details we can scrape together.”

True to Yoruichi's estimates, it takes several hours to work your way across the countryside through several small towns to even get close to the location where you can feel your targets are holed up. It's a typical country estate, not particularly extraordinary from the outside except for a lovely little rose garden. You've seen that many of the Valhallan patrols never come out this far, so it's presumably a simple matter to hide away here.

“Here we are,” you mutter. “So how do we do this...”

>Level the house. Simple. Honest. Direct.
>Blast a hole in the wall and assault through it.
>Try and sneak in unnoticed, learn as much as you can about these “dolls”.
>Other?
>>
>>47744097
>>Try and sneak in unnoticed, learn as much as you can about these “dolls”.
>>
>>47744097
>>
>>47743913
Translators are a thing (albeit difficult to work with), and the vote at the end of the last thread unless I was very much mistaken was in favor of keeping all hands on deck. One anon also raised the point that neither the Valhallans nor the Central 46 would be particularly happy if Shunsui left Riku and Yoruichi to their own devices.
>>
>>47744097
>>
>>47744132
Fair enough.
>>
>>47744097
>>Try and sneak in unnoticed, learn as much as you can about these “dolls”.
>>
>>47744097
>>
>>47744132
To be fair, someone else also suggested that Kommura would make for a suitable guard dog.
>>
>>47744097
>Level the house. Simple. Honest. Direct.
Boom.
>>
>>47744097
>>
>>47744167
I considered that a 9-foot-tall wolfman would be a bit too conspicuous, even if he went back to wearing the bucket.
>>
>writing
>>
>>47744328
Two floors, lots of windows here to sneak through, and even a few skylights here and there. It may be difficult or impossible to figure out the layout of the rooms from out here: you briefly contemplate simply blasting the whole building into rubble.

“Let's survey the situation,” you suggest, considering that you may want to know more about these “dolls” than what your contacts have told you. “Yoruichi, you take the... Yoruichi?”

She's already way ahead of you, having erased her spiritual presence and shifted form into a black cat. With a sigh you collect her swords and sling them over one shoulder, folding her clothing carefully as well and wrapping them up in her sleeveless haori. You tie up all the extra items with Yoruichi's yellow sash, then follow her lead after erasing your own reiatsu and blurring light around your body.

With a leap impossible for any actual cat Yoruichi reaches a second-floor windowframe that's been left open, pushing the window open and peering inside. After she hops inside you follow her, trying to make each step as gentle as possible. Yoruichi pads ahead silently, looks over her shoulder, and raises one paw as if telling you to wait. She then darts down a flight of stairs, towards a room where you can hear voices.

Shit.

The floorboards in this building are old, and more than a bit creaky. Each step you take is a calculated risk of being detected, and although you feel like you might be able to sneak in closer yourself one mistake might reveal your presence.

>Continue trying to sneak closer?
>Try to find an alternate route, possibly along the roof or through a skylight?
>Remain here, wait for Yoruichi to bring a report?
>Other?
>>
>>47744508
>Remember that as a shinigami we can walk on air. Usually.
>>
>>47744508
>>
>>47744508
>>
File: 11761884_p0.jpg (93 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
11761884_p0.jpg
93 KB, 600x405
>>47744530
It usually does produce a gentle "whooshing" sound, to be fair, but it is still a valid strategy.
>>
>>47744508
>Remain here, wait for Yoruichi to bring a report?
>>
>>47744178
Hey they OP could always just post the thread on both boards at once, counting votes from both.
>>
>>47744530
>>Try to find an alternate route, possibly along the roof or through a skylight?
>Remember that as a shinigami we can walk on air. Usually.
>>
>>47744508
>>Try to find an alternate route, possibly along the roof or through a skylight?
>>
Calling it now. They made copies of shinigami captains they met during the wars. One of them is an aizen copy and that's probably why they are rebelling.
>>
>>47744530
The ambient reishi concentration might make that difficult in Valhallen lands.
>>
>Calling it, will get to work writing
>>
Also, I need a roll. Low DC, but a crit here could help.
>dice+3d10, DC 5
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 5 = 8 (3d10)

>>47744816
Welp.
>>
File: 1460850090177.png (736 KB, 586x621) Image search: [Google]
1460850090177.png
736 KB, 586x621
Rolled 7, 2, 8 = 17 (3d10)

>>47744816
>>
Rolled 2, 9, 1 = 12 (3d10)

>>47744816
>>
Rolled 3, 8, 3 = 14 (3d10)

>>47744816
>>
Rolled 5, 7, 8 = 20 (3d10)

>>47744816
>>
Rolled 9, 8, 3 = 20 (3d10)

>>47744816
>>
>>47744827
Not great but better than the other two.
>>
Rolled 5, 9, 7 = 21 (3d10)

>>47744816
>>
File: 1449713180519.jpg (133 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
1449713180519.jpg
133 KB, 1024x682
>>47744880
>>
>>47744816
Relying heavily on hirenkyaku to generate a spiritual “cushion” at your feet, you manage to sneak your way back out the window you came in through. It's an easy jump to reach the roof and make your way along it to the first skylight, which opens up onto a bedroom. On the other side of the roofline however there's a skylight that shines down onto an open room where your four targets are meeting. Thankfully none of them seem like familiar faces.

Prying open the skylight allows you to slip into the building, while two disguised reishi chains keep you effortlessly suspended from the roof like an invisible, murderous chandelier. From this position, you listen in as one of the “dolls” speaks to the others.

“We can't stay here forever,” he tells them in a low, gravelly voice. You think you detect the faint traces of a French accent. “The search patterns are getting wider, it's only a matter of time until we are discovered once more.”

“Then we'll fight 'em off again!” a blonde woman insists in a thicker Scots accent. “It worked the last three times, ken what I mean?”

“To what end?” the first man replies skeptically. “What does that accomplish?”

“It keeps us free,” a second man replies in a neutral tone. “Isn't that what we agreed when Seven died?”

There are a few moments of deep silence shared between them. Seven... is that the designation of one of their comrades? What was the cause of their death?

Listening in may provide more clues.

“Miss Shihōin will return this evening,” the second man continues: jackpot. “When she does we should coordinate another move with her.”

So Yoruichi's doppelganger will be here later on in the evening, which is a stroke of luck if you ever saw one. All that remains is deciding how to deal with her when she arrives.

>Withdraw, prepare for the other Yoruichi's arrival.
>Regroup with your Yoruichi, issue a contact report, and wait.
>Remain, listen for more information.
>Other?
>>
>>47744933
>>Remain, listen for more information.
>>
>>47744933
>Withdraw, prepare for the other Yoruichi's arrival.

This is great btw:
>suspended from the roof like an invisible, murderous chandelier.
>>
>>47744933
>>
>>47744911
>>47744835
>>
>>47744933
>>
>>47744933
>Withdraw, prepare for the other Yoruichi's arrival
>>
>>47744933
>>Remain, listen for more information.
>>
>>47744933
>Withdraw, prepare for the other Yoruichi's arrival
>>
>writing
>>
File: 27484127_p0.jpg (725 KB, 1071x1500) Image search: [Google]
27484127_p0.jpg
725 KB, 1071x1500
>>47745175
You continue to listen to their conversation for the next fifteen minutes or so, learning a few more interesting facts about these people. They seem to know enough to call themselves by the Japanese term “reigai”, and are aware that they were created in a lab by Valhallan experts. However the turning point seems to have been the death of “Seven”, a male reigai who was subjected to a pre-operation stress test that turned out to be fatal. After his death the remaining reigai petitioned their supervisors to cease experiments into further augmenting their abilities through dangerous operations, which was rejected. The Valhallans held that as artificial beings the lives of their reigai soldiers were to be considered expendable: like an artillery shell or a jeep.

That was when they staged their revolt, not only destroying the laboratory where they were being kept but engaging the regular Valhallan forces in a brutal but short conflict. Subsequent casualties seem to have mainly been inflicted in self-defense.

It's not entirely clear what role the false “Yoruichi” played in the whole process, other than the fact that these reigai have been reporting to her on a regular basis since their escape two weeks ago.

Eventually you withdraw to meet up with your own Yoruichi near a hedgerow in the field adjacent the reigai's current hideout, where she returns to human form.

“So you caught most of that, right?” she asks as you pass her clothing back to her.

You nod. “I did. And what did I tell you about leaving your clothes lying around?”

“Not to do it, I know,” Yoruichi replies as she dresses behind the hedgerow.
>1/2
>>
>>47745396
“So now we wait,” you conclude. “Ambush your copy when she arrives.”

“Only question is whether we want to interrogate her,” Yoruichi muses. “Personally I wanna finish her off, interrogate the other reigai afterward. Another me is too dangerous to be left alive."

>You have a point. Leaving the other you alive is just too much of a risk.
>It's up to you then. I don't know that I have the stomach for it.
>She sounds better-connected than this lot. Her intel may be useful.
>Other?
>>
>>47745409
>After all she seems to be reporting to someone as well.
>>
>>47745409
>>
>>47745409
>>She sounds better-connected than this lot. Her intel may be useful.
>>
>>47745409
>>
>>47745409
>>
>>47745409
>>You have a point. Leaving the other you alive is just too much of a risk.
>>
>>47745409
But
So we should probably interrogate her before killing her.
>>
>>47745409
>It's up to you then. I don't know that I have the stomach for it.
>>
>>47745409
>>
>>47745409
how do we know this is our yoruichi?
>>
Do we have any names? It might be a good idea to track down the creators, ask them what the capabilities of these guys are.

Maybe also ask them why they would do something that amounts to staring down the barrel of a sentient chaingun and calling it a faggot.
>>
>>47745594
>paranoia intensifies
>>
Sorry, something came up for a minute or two there.
>writing
>>
File: yoruichicominginhot.gif (374 KB, 496x280) Image search: [Google]
yoruichicominginhot.gif
374 KB, 496x280
>>47745730
“I know it's a bit of a risk,” you reply, carefully weighing Yoruichi's clear preferences against your own judgment, “but I don't think we can give up the potential intelligence. After all, it sounded like even this Yoruichi is in turn reporting to someone.”

“And if it's anything like me she won't cooperate,” Yoruichi contends. “I see your point, but I still don't like putting your life at risk on the off chance I'm wrong. So I'll try and accommodate you on this one, but if it looks like more trouble than it's worth I'm killing her.”

“That's the best I'm going to get, isn't it?”

Yoruichi's expression softens. “Afraid so, Riku.”

“Fine. We'll see if we can capture, but I guess kill was always in the cards and nothing's going to change that.”

Your wife nods solemnly. “Alight. Now then, when it comes right down to it how are we going to deal with this?”

Yoruichi facing herself in a mirror match may get to be rather dangerous, but then again if you involve yourself in a battle between foes you can't tell apart there's always chance you might hit the wrong Yoruichi by mistake. Even if you could find it in yourself to strike at a fake Yoruichi, the risk of making such a mistake would weigh heavily on your mind throughout the fight. You also have to consider the Valhallan reigai: whether you would rather restrain them quickly or join the fight between the Yoruichis and try to track them down after they flee.

>I'll help you fight your clone. For better or worse, right?
>Involving myself in that fight is too risky. It's all on you.
>Is there some way you can think of for me to help?

Also,
>I'll deal with the Valhallan reigai myself
>We'll save the Valhallan reigai for later
>>
>>47745594
Ask her what we ate at arrival and who gave it to us
>>
>>47745946
>>
>>47745946
>>I'll help you fight your clone. For better or worse, right?
Give her our sash to tell them apart more easily
>>
>>47745946
If she doesnt want our help
>I'll deal with the Valhallan reigai myself
>>
>>47745946
>>I'll deal with the Valhallan reigai myself
>I'll help you fight your clone. For better or worse, right?
>How about we change you into some new clothes that she wouldn't be wearing. Would make it easier to tell apart.
>>
>>47745946
I mean, the reigai might have an off switch or something the valhallans never got to use. Also they might not be evil. We need more info.

My vote's for questioning valhallan higher-ups before engaging the reigai.
>>
>>47745946
>>Is there some way you can think of for me to help?
>Also,
>>
>>47745946
>>
>>47745946
>>
>writing
Also, coming up on the point I'd wanted to reach last night, so I may pack it in after the next few updates.
>>
>>47745946
This is the 1st time Yoru has called us Riku in at least 3 threads. Take that how you will.
>>
>>47746213
Clearly we need to use more pet names outside of the bedroom.
>>
>>47746213
wait. Doesn't Yoruichi usually address us without calling us by name? But now she calls us by name all the time. That is very fishy.
>>
>>47746240
Eeeeeh, Riku isn't much of a pet name. When she throws out a 'honey' or whatever, I'll take note.
>>
File: zeroespadamyass.gif (901 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
zeroespadamyass.gif
901 KB, 300x225
>>47746178
You ask your wife if there's anything you can do to help her face down herself, to which she shakes her head.

“I don't want you to have to fight me,” she admits quietly. “If things were different and I had to fight a copy of you, I don't think I could attack without hesitation. To my mind asking you to do the same isn't just cruel, it could be dangerous because of that hesitation.”

Without a word of response, you unfasten your blue sash and pass it to her. She accepts it, giving you a quizzical look.

“Swapping gives us one clear visual hint,” you explain. “Just in case.”

“I figured that much,” she responds, passing you her yellow sash in return. “But why an actual swap? You don't think that...”

“I couldn't tell you for sure,” you tell her calmly, “but we can't rule out that worst-case scenario. For the short term I'll contain the Valhallan reigai while you fight.”

“Understood,” she nods.

Another hour passes before you see movement in front of the house: the other Yoruichi has arrived, wearing an identical uniform to your own aside from the swapped sashes and carrying an identical pair of blades. The resemblance is perfect, from her height and build right down to her cheekbones and nose. You have no doubt that were it not for the sash trick you would never be able to tell them apart from looks alone.

Now is the moment to apprehend your targets.
>dice+3d10
>>
Rolled 10, 9, 2 = 21 (3d10)

>>47746314
>>
Rolled 4, 1, 5 = 10 (3d10)

>>47746314
>>
Rolled 9, 5, 4 = 18 (3d10)

>>47746314
welp
>>
Rolled 8, 8, 7 = 23 (3d10)

>>47746314
>>
>>47746213
The real sketchy thing would be if she started using honorifics and proper forms of address. The tone in this thread has been more to indicate that there was a rare disagreement going on, in which instance she tends to speak a little less casually.
>>
File: 1401174527315.gif (185 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1401174527315.gif
185 KB, 300x300
>>47746314
>you would never be able to tell them apart from looks alone.

Panic mode has been engaged. Would you like to double check your interactions with with Yoruichi since you arrived in Vallhallen Spirit Space> Y/N?
>>
File: 1453991264172.jpg (17 KB, 708x199) Image search: [Google]
1453991264172.jpg
17 KB, 708x199
>>47746421
Unless you want to go all the way back to where she was sitting at Riku's bedside there was no point where they were separated for any meaningful amount of time: definitely not enough time for there to be a fight, and if there had been Riku would have almost certainly noticed.

And Yoruichi was accompanied literally the whole time Riku was out. SOMEONE would have noticed.
>>
>>47746496
I don't think you understand how this works.

The shadows must run.
>>
>>47746496
Yoruichi leaps into action against her opponent, taking her by surprise and landing a powerful blow to the back of her head. But you don't remain to watch the spectacle, and instead move to secure the reigai inside the building who have only just noticed the burst of reiatsu and the loud crash of Yoruichi's assault. And very soon, they have something far more dangerous to worry about as you come crashing through the brick wall of their hiding place.

“Surprise!” you shout, punching the first unsuspecting reigai in the face before he even has a chance to react. The blonde from before raises her rifle and deploys some sort of mechanism, which unfolds into a partisan-like bayonet. She thrusts it at you, only to have you shatter the mechanism with a single shunkō enhanced punch. A vicious kick to the side of her head sends her crashing through an internal wall, shattering plaster and wood alike before she ends up planted headfirst in a china cabinet.

The other two Valhallan reigai are a little better prepared, managing to draw their own weapons: a degen for one, and what appears to be a buckler shield with spikes and a built-in revolver. But your attack stalls as Yoruichi comes crashing through the ceiling, raising a pall of dust and showering all four of you with loose tile fragments and splinters.
>1/2
>>
File: 1443310858255.jpg (121 KB, 700x715) Image search: [Google]
1443310858255.jpg
121 KB, 700x715
>>47746658
Blue sash: this one is your Yoruichi alright, so how is she getting beaten?

“So both the originals are here?” the fake Yoruichi muses as she fastens a disturbingly familiar blue sash around her waist, dropping through the hole in the roof. “Just think of all the time we can save!”

“That caught me off guard,” your own Yoruichi admits warily, rising to her feet. “I didn't expect you both to be here, but in retrospect I guess I shouldn't be surprised.”

“We always did make a great team,” a familiar voice agrees as its owner follows the fake Yoruichi. She has a yellow sash tied around her waist, and two familiar swords tucked through it in a very specific manner. “And that wasn't a half-bad idea with the sashes, either.”

Your own mirror image stares at you with a murderous glee. “I'd hoped to get a chance to meet you, Riku. I wanted to be the one to tell you that you're no longer needed... It's only appropriate.”

With an almost blinding speed the other Riku draws her sword and crosses the room in an instant, a ferocious strike aimed at your neck only barely stopped in time by Tenkotsuki's blade.

So much for things not getting more complicated.
>>
inb4 cliffhanger
>>
>>47746671
I hope beyond hope she does not have our hollow powers. Otherwise things are fucked.
>>
>>47746671
And end thread. yay.
>>
>>47746671
Welp.
>>
>>47746671
well fuck
>>
>>47746671
And since it's 1am after a VERY long day in central Europe I'm going to have to call it quits here. I know that the short threads can't have been very satisfying, but I've at least managed to get to the point I'd preferred to have stopped at last night and simply couldn't make it to.

Expect a more regular session next weekend, starting at 10am PST and running a full 6-8 hours, where Riku is forced to fight HER OWN CLONE.

Archive is up, and hope you guys had fun. I know I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out, and getting to reveal the background details to the overarching plot a little at a time.
>>
>>47746671
well that's just fucking great. The Valhallans just HAD to make clones of RIKU and YORU. And worse, the clones have a serious case of cloning blues superiority complex. We are so gonna add this to their tab.
>>
>>47746739
Their tab at this point probably amounts to 'You guys fucked up, we're in charge now. New recruits go to Soul Society for training and return when they aren't shit.'
>>
>>47746739
>>47746760
Think this is the Reigei arc from filler with that op mary sue bad guy.
>>
>>47746730
Nah, it was a good thread.
>>
>>47746760
>"Your tab comes out to... everything."
>"Everything?"
>"Yup. Also, I'll be taking your desk."
>"But I like my desk, it's American oak."
>"I know you like it. That's why I'm taking it."
>>
>>47746822
We're taking their entire medical corps so Unohana has more time to murder things.
>>
The only way I see us beating our clone quickly is just going bankai immediately and not fucking around.
>>
>>47746840
Provided Reigei can actually us Hollow Reiatsu.
>>
>>47746796
no shit, the we're clones are up to date with all the stats and powers. It's complete 100% bullshit complete with all the bankai ressurecion and ura hado bullshit. How can you stop the bullshit when your clone has anti-bullshit powers too?
>>
>>47746840
single sword bankai, or full goddess mode?
>>
>>47746856
by gitting gud
>>
>>47746877
Probably both desu
>>
File: 1399836670100.jpg (141 KB, 608x1070) Image search: [Google]
1399836670100.jpg
141 KB, 608x1070
>>47746730
Your know, you are probably going to end up as a TA/AP for ten years minimum before you ever have even a chance of getting a tenured professorship. And even then you will make the equivalent of $20 an hour unless you win the academia jack pot and are hired at a well known private university. Which you aren't going to be. Because you just are not that smart.
>>
>>47746698
she does, if the two swords clone!riku wears are of any indication.
>>
>>47746730
as much as I want to scream "YOU BASTARD", I can't think of any other sort of encounter that would give Riku a challenge.
>>
>>47746856
>How can you stop the bullshit when your clone has anti-bullshit powers too?
Even Riku has weaknesses and limitations, anon. You can be sure evil-Riku has weaknesses and limitations as well: it's just a matter of discerning and exploiting them.
>>
>>47746730
are we gonna get pastebin links on our clone selves?
>>
>>47747016
Depends on how this fight goes. In the short term all you know and all you need to know is that they're trying to kill you.
>>
>>47747013
Copying a captain is silly enough. I doubt they copied a god properly. That and I doubt she has our combat experience.
>>
>>47746977
Can you even clone divinity? Because that would mean we're in trouble. Aizen has Kurotsuchi, and if Arturo gets his hands on a similar scientist he may be able to clone and devour anyone he gets a sample of.

Actually that Arturo thing is trouble even without shinreiryoku.
>>
>>47746977
Just because she has two swords doesn't mean they are perfect copies.
>>
File: 1465067950286.jpg (319 KB, 1000x1136) Image search: [Google]
1465067950286.jpg
319 KB, 1000x1136
We have one advantage against our evil clones.
Something that they'd never be able to copy.
Our love for Yoruichi is PURE!
>>
>>47747157
>"Step back, both of you. I don't know which is real!"
>"You have a mole on your inner thigh, right nex-"
>"Finish that sentence and you're sleeping on the couch, Riku."
>>
>>47747149
me thinks clone!riku doesn't have rosa and tenkotsuki providing battle commentary in the peanut gallery.
>>
>>47746822
Pretty much. Honestly, It's kind of ridiculous how terrible the Valhallans are at everything.

My proposal would be to take all Valhallan recruits and train them in the SS. Meanwhile, take, say, two squads to handle operations in Europe and form the core of a new administration. Obviously SS is still a focal point here, but the idea is to ensure that the other afterlives have people that can deal with the freaky stuff when it rolls around rather than just crying to the flatfaces whenever they have an actual problem, because right now they have literally no ability to troubleshoot and rely on everything going more or less perfectly at all times, so when something does go FUBAR, like we have just seen (regardless of the fact that it's THEIR OWN FAULT), they don't take hundreds of casualties for basically no goddamn reason.

tl;dr
Two squads move to Europe. All existing Valhallan members are sent to SS and given zanpakuto. Those who don't git gud within 100 years are dropped from the roster, the rest are sent back. All new recruits from then on are trained in SS.
>>
>>47747685
at least we can push some of this sort of stuff to the C-46 so they can be productive bureaucrats instead of bitching about whether or not captain technicality all the time. Speaking of which, I wonder what would their reaction be if word about an evil Riku clone existing gets to their ears? It better be something different to accompany the usual absolute dread.
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.