[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a game centered around playing characters in a family
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: bobs burgers.png (90 KB, 691x386) Image search: [Google]
bobs burgers.png
90 KB, 691x386
Is there a game centered around playing characters in a family sitcom?

I don't mean "is there a game where you could bend the rules to facilitate this" -- I mean is there a game where that's the entire core premise of the mechanics? Something that could just as easily produce an episode of The Simpsons as it could Bob's Burgers or Fresh Prince?
>>
>>47742617
Bob's Burgers is shit but your group will probably be good at it if they had rules for it since it's unlikely that any of you are funny
>>
>>47742663
ouch
>>
File: pretty cool guy.png (3 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
pretty cool guy.png
3 KB, 128x128
>>47742663

That's helpful, thanks.
>>
How the fuck would that even work? Roll for quips?
>>
>>47742815
>Simpsons
You would roll on the randomly generated celebrity guest appearance chart and that would dictate your contrived plot for the episode. B plot optional.

>Bob's Burgers
Whichever man voicing a female character yells the loudest wins
>>
>>47742617
Primetime Adventures maybe?
>>
>>47742617
Well there's a game called Primetime Aventures that supposedly simulates creating a tv show. You might be able to use that. I haven't seen it myself so this is just a guess.
>>
>>47742858
I prefer the older edition of the Simpsons where the table would generate what exotic local the Simpsons go to next.
>>
>>47742903

"This session, the Simpsons have to deal with...

...a disgraced drug-addicted movie-star
...trying to find his long-lost...
...dog...
...in South America...
...and it's Bart's birthday.
>>
>>47742617
Rules lite or not Fiasco does just that.
Our group played an Archer session where we were minor wage slaves/agents/janitors working for Isis.
>>
>>47742863
>>47742901

Yeah, this will work for that. It can do lighthearted or serious stuff pretty well.

You might be able to do a few rounds of Fiasco with some of the more goofy playsets, or build your own.

>>47742663

Being funny with your friends is different from being funny on TV. For one thing, it's a hell of a lot easier to get your friends to laugh.
>>
>>47742901

Checking out the rulebook now. Thanks.
>>
File: 1465484231637.jpg (83 KB, 540x444) Image search: [Google]
1465484231637.jpg
83 KB, 540x444
>>47742935
holy shit are you actually Matt Groening?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.