[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
File: 51aJKk6KMuL.jpg (49 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
51aJKk6KMuL.jpg
49 KB, 312x445
Back to basics edition. Post your favorite basic land.

Previous
>>47723600

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
File: 61.jpg (56 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
56 KB, 312x445
I dig the Coldsnap theme deck lands. Ice Age are my favorite lands, but most cards I play have the new borders, so these fit my decks the best.

Except for swamps, in which Mirage is my favorite. I sold all my old cards before getting back in, though, so I don't have any and haven't picked up a new set.
>>
What's the best commander to go full basic with?
>>
File: 316.jpg (77 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
316.jpg
77 KB, 312x445
>>47739718
Defensive, with pic related.

Any black commander benefits from all swamps, but you can force that with Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth, which is the secondary tutor target after Coffers. With Tomb, you can even benefit with a gold commander.
>>
File: ashling.jpg (80 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
ashling.jpg
80 KB, 312x445
>>47739718
This guy.
>>
File: BOTG Karametra, God of Harvests.jpg (3 MB, 1525x2116) Image search: [Google]
BOTG Karametra, God of Harvests.jpg
3 MB, 1525x2116
>>47739718
>>
why wont they let planeswalkers act like commanders ?
>>
>>47739903
are you fucking shitting me do you want people to turbo into karn? or mind sculpt your ass?
>>
>>47739962

so just add most OP things into banlist,duh
>>
>>47739997
stupid idea wizards didn't make their own planeswalker commanders op because they knew it could wreck the game and we shouldn't have to ban things just because you want this as a thing. if your play group allows it fair enough us a planeswalker as a commander while me on the other hand i don't want stupid loops and dumb combos happening over and over again because you can pay 2 mana more to cast a planeswalker and would rather you jump through hoops to get it back.

also you would need damage or permanent removal to destroy it in the first place which a bit harder to get rid of than a creature commander
>>
>>47739735
Ashling is a girl.
>>
Is Mazirek a good commander?
What I mean is can you build him to blow people out fast?
>>
>>47740051
>wizards didn't make their planeswalker commanders op

That's somewhat pushing it. The precons themselves aren't anything special, but Daretti can get off some mean combos quick, solid elf has mana ramp and card draw, and teferi is well teferi. Ob and Nahiri were shit imo.
>>
Guys I'm addicted to Voltron someone help me
>>
File: Image[2].png (130 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image[2].png
130 KB, 223x311
>>47741156
>>
>>47741185
Tajuru Preserver
>>
> want to make odric 2.0
> realize my equipment and targeted enchant suck nuts and I don't have many keyword whites
Few indestructible, haste, first strike and vigilance but no hex proof or double strike. Honestly better off using bruna or that old legend wub power toughness equal lands so I can get death touch out of b and make odric part of the 99.

Old odric seems much better than new
>>
>>47741327
Old Odric is a lot better. New Odric is just Concerted Effort on a stick with some different keywords
>>
File: mirran-crusader-14309680260.png (182 KB, 243x350) Image search: [Google]
mirran-crusader-14309680260.png
182 KB, 243x350
>>47741327
>No double strike
>>
>>47739718
Molimo or red Ashling.
>>
File: Image.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
Im so pumped for the 4 color commanders. I know that whatever it is ill play the ones with no white and no red.
>>
File: 1464110487463.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464110487463.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
>tfw barely play anymore because my playgroup sucked all the fun out of MTG for me

Wish I could just play with some of you guys desu.
>>
>>47741472
howd they suck the fun out?
>>
>>47740051
>play ajani vengent
>somebody is just gunna have to deal with being a land down as early as turn 2
I agree with the previous anon, all planeswalkers should be commanders, it hekps out monocolored decks :^)
>>
>>47741447
>playing the green 4 color commanders
automatic cancer.
>>
>>47741525
Thanks senpai :) its my favorite color
>>
File: 1448775787459.png (29 KB, 198x200) Image search: [Google]
1448775787459.png
29 KB, 198x200
>>47741501
>0 threat assessment, choosing instead to go after who hurts their feelings
>Cross game grudges
>EXCESSIVE politics
>Bitching and hostility
>Complaining about cards or strategies rather than trying to figure out how to beat them
>Forced to build increasingly powerful decks to counter said politics which only leads to more bitching

Thats about the long/short of it.
>>
>>47741743
> people start playing like this
> bust out black blue and start controlling everyone's game because fuck you
Black blue fuck you is something I reserve for exactly that situation
>>
Hardened scales makes my dick hard figuratively and literally.
>>
>>47741472
I'm sorry anon, I just went through that. Now I have a group of four who just started edh and the meta is pretty casual. Kind of fun to see the jank.
>>
>>47741825
Two of my 4 decks at this point are fuck you decks. But it isnt remotely fun to lock down the board and not let anyone do anything, or combo off for an easy win.

Well in case i get accused of blogging, care to share your black blue list?
>>
What's up guys, need some ideas. I want to make a temur edh deck that uses tap/untap shenanigans, hopefully with some powerful effects (prodigal sorcerer + charisma, for example).

I've also thought about using the tap/untap to get advantage of proliferate and ramp (arbor elf + utopia sprawl + pemmin's aura).
>>
File: 289.jpg (50 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
289.jpg
50 KB, 312x445
>>47739505
I don't know why but this one is my favorite land ever. I have like 40 of them.
>>
File: 347.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
347.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
>>47741982
I also love this Forest. Planning to buy a print of it. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any prints for the Island.
>>
>>47741982
What a great illustration
>>
>>47739505
>Had a dream last night where an old friend of mine gave me his box of MTG cards
>Some of the best cards include Marchesa, a foil Emrakul, Damnation, and Brago
>>
>>47741982
My nigga
>>
>>47739505
>>47739505
Comfy lands up in this
>>
>>47741743
I would rather play with laidback people instead of the tryhards I play with who have '$1500+ decks that are all totally legit guys I even put them in double sleeves to prove it.' On an unrelated note its interesting how Jin-Gitaxias makes you such a big ass target.
>>
File: 345.jpg (54 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
345.jpg
54 KB, 312x445
>>47739505
Also love most of the Mirage and 5th Edition Mountains.
>>
File: 1465658833505.jpg (201 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
1465658833505.jpg
201 KB, 470x595
>retard in my pod makes a meme reference at the table
>untap and kill him
>"Dude why'd you do that?"
>>
File: 1464746600034.jpg (74 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1464746600034.jpg
74 KB, 900x900
>>47741743
Play non interactive decks that punish them for playing magic, its what I do at my playgroup. It helps if you can convert a normal deck you have to becoming a noninteractive deck so they wont know until its happening
>>
File: 1459337364628.png (104 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1459337364628.png
104 KB, 450x300
Anyone ever made a player quit EDH? We used to have a fairly obnoxious regular. Used to shit talk the random girls who would show up, referred to other players as "Yugi-boy," and constantly praised his own decks because he was a self-proclaimed "Johnny-Spike."

Literally all I did was sandbag a Mind Over Matter in my hand when I had the Temple Bell out for a while, because I didn't feel like offing everyone early. Then I finally dropped it in the late game and cleaned things up, and when he found out I had it for a long time without playing it, he flipped his shit.

>THIS WHOLE GAME WAS A FARCE
>YOU JUST WASTED THE TIME OF EVERYONE HERE
>YOU JUST WANTED TO BUY SOME FRIENDS FOR THIRTY MINUTES INSTEAD OF ENDING THE GAME
He literally never came to play a game of EDH after that. Comes for wargames and just ignores the card game crowd now.

Probably my proudest moment as an EDH player.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-06-16-wall-tribal/

Ok, added in some graveyard hate, thinking of adding a bit more, along with a few counters/removal
>>
>>47743239
Example? "Non interactive deck that punishes people for playing magic" is a bit vague.

If you mean control, i've tried that. I built Nekusar for that reason. A deck that deals damage to everyone equally, while sitting back and dealing with whoever the biggest threat is at the time. Being fair didnt help.
>>
>>47743534
Thats the deck I'm talking about, throw in infect
>>
So, I am thinking of doing a Karametra deck with a bit of a theme, looking for fun but powerful ideas:

>"Karametra's Agricultural Co-Op/Commune
/Plantation/Cult"
>Humans working the land and spawning more humans (tokens)
>Angelic Overseers
>Breeding livestock (Rampaging Baloths, Craterhoof)
>The crops (Lands and plants)
>Seedtime, Crop Rotation, Cream of the Crop
>????
>Profit
>>
>>47743563
You're a dirty bastard anon.

I have grafted exoskeleton and phyresis for particularly cancerous games
>>
>>47743391
One guy, who plays cheesy gimmicky decks, made a Braids conjuror's adept deck and played braids on turn two hoping to drop the Ulamog he had in hand. I, with my mazirek deck, dropped a butcher of malakir for free and played and sacrificed a sakura tribe elder to kill it and deny him the benefit thinking he would drop some big dumb creature. He yells at me for not letting other people have fun, shows me the Ulamog and scoops
>>
What's the best color combo for Eldrazi Tribal? I want to use tribal cards like obelisk of urd and coat of arms with Eldrazi scions/spawns. B and G already sounds essential for this game plan with stuff like Catacomb Sifter, Sifter of skulls, from beyond, all that.
Are there any third colors worth considering? Blue has a bunch of cute shit to play with like sire of stagnation, but I'd prefer to keep it 2 color.
>>
File: 1464844383613.jpg (29 KB, 368x433) Image search: [Google]
1464844383613.jpg
29 KB, 368x433
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-06-16-hFP-mimeoplasm/

Made some changes after getting some recommendations from some of you here, what looks and bad?
>>
>>47743623
glistening oil is the best. combo it with flash and demonic petition, you will have no board state to them losing.
>>
>>47743701
I went BUG with Tasigur in an attempt to reuse the various on-cast abilities the Eldrazi had. It wasn't full tribal though, I had a lot of morph too. His ability being hybrid also means you can stick with two colours if you want to with no drawback.
>>
>>47743701
My friend runs a pretty strong jund eldrazi deck, nothing helps eldrazi than being able to play two kozileks on a single turn.
>>
File: BW EDH.jpg (180 KB, 1077x363) Image search: [Google]
BW EDH.jpg
180 KB, 1077x363
I can't figure out what commander to choose!
>>
>>47744185
Karlov if you like triggers.
>>
>>47744185
Go with karlov my dude
>>
>>47744192
>>47744200

I was told that if i play casually (which i do) people will generally just attack the one with the highest life total.
>>
>>47744228
Then funnel all of your lifegain into Necropotence :^)
>>
>>47744228
If you're a life gain deck, who cares? And in my experience in EDH people do try to be "fair" with who they attack. Again, life gain deck doesn't care that much unless you're getting hit with commander damage or infect.
>>
>>47744228
Good players optimally target whoever, bad players go for grudges and petty shit. It has nothing to do with casual or not
>>
>tfw using that white enchantment that gives you a life for each attacking creature against a tokens deck and gaining 150+ life and then casting one of my many fog effects
Never seen someone get so fucking mad.
>>
>>47744185

Obzedat
>>
>>47744315
If I was running karlov with this would each attacking creature cause his counter effect or would it only count as one life gain instance? I can't recall the name of the enchantment that heals you for each attacking creature.
>>
>>47744185
>not building Ghost Council and going pure Jewish politics
I give each of my opponents a shekel at the start of the game, and they can spend it to call in a favor. I usually accept, but in the end, they all get backstabbed by merchant ally.
>>
>>47744357
Every individual trigger is an instance of lifegain. If a trigger says gain 50 life you only get one counter, if you get 50 triggers that give you one life you get 50 counters.
>>
File: Righteous Cause.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Righteous Cause.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
>>47744357
This is the enchantment you're probably looking for, and yes, it triggers per creature attacking.
>>
>>47744390
Good god that's spicy as fuck. I need to pick up karlov that just sounds fucking mean.
> have odric 2.0
> give all creatures life gain and shroud + the defenses of aforementioned combo.
Get half a chub just thinking about it
>>
Is gtiselbrand banned only as commander or entirely from edh?
>>
>>47744447
Entirely. There is no more banned as commander list.
>>
>>47744447
Entirely. Being able to get seven cards for 7 health in a mode where you have 40 was too powerful.
>>
>>47744425
He doesnt give out shroud, only hexproof.
>>
>>47744537
Sorry, got my vernacular confused
>>
>>47744548
Its all good, magic is a game with a million mechanics. They all start to blur together.
>>
Thought experiment: Are cascading bans a real issue? How much longer would the ban list be if you banned every card that would have the exact same argument against them as cards on the banlist?

Let's look at all the cards that are banned for being one-card-wins.
Emrakul, Painter's Servant, Protean Hulk, Coalition Victory, Biorhythm, Griselbrand.

How many more cards like this are there? I would argue there are very few. Just Iona and Tooth and Nail. Are there any other cads that very clearly by themselves "destroy target player," the turn they are played?
>>
>>47741743
That's my casual group right now. Especially the 0 threat assessment and cross-game grudges. I beat one friend 2-0 in a sealed tournament because he got shit draws and he still hasn't let that go. It's been two weeks goddam.
>>
okay /tg/, I'm broke af right now, but I'm gonna ask what precon commander decks are actually good to buy and which are good starting points. really though, I'm interested in the 2015 WB deck, and the one with Oloro (though people seem to hate Oloro; it doesn't imply whether or not the deck itself is good). those have colors I'm interested in playing, but Eternal Bargain is currently marked at $55 so if there are cards in there that I really just don't need it might be better to just buy parts of that deck instead.

I guess my two major issues are 1) I don't have a whole lot in the way of dual lands, and precon decks can help alleviate that. 2) what the hell are staple cards in this format? I've read about what kinds of card are basically useless, but not cards that are always useful. Ashnod's Altar is apparently a popular choice (which thankfully I have a good number of copies) and o-ring is an obvious one, but what about Terror? I have an Armageddon, but will my group murder me when I play it?
>>
Post your intentionally worst decks here's mine:
x98 Mountains
x1 Valakut
With Ashling Pilgrim as the commander.
>>
>>47744582
griselbees is only op in the commander slot, just the rules committee is staffed by retards who think two lists are confusing. Even though the fact a list exists means you have to seek it out and look at it which means you can post both lists on the same page.
>>
>>47744751
x99 Mountains
Commander: Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician
>>
>>47744715
Just buy oloro if you want him, fuck the haters. Commander is the place where you should be allowed to have fun with cards you like, as long as you do so responsibly.

Read mtg commander dot com, especially the philosophy section. Cards usually become a problem if a player wants to violate the social nature of the format, but otherwise you are allowed to play nicely with your toys.

Forget about staples for the most part. It's not the end of the world if you play dark banishing instead of terror. Many of the really expensive cards in commander are replaceable.

Go to EDHrec dot com for an easy database of cards often used with certain commanders. Don't get your panties in a bunch if you can't afford ridiculous cards like Sheoldred the whispering one. You can easily have just as much fun with $00.50 cards

Use the precons for a template of what a low-power deck looks like, and use some of the online decklists as templates of a more powered list. Don't bother trying to aim for the high end of the power level for your first decks.

Once you have 99 pieces in your hands, find a local group and play. If your creation brings everybody fun, you are done building until you want more cards. If you get stomped, try to either revamp your deck based on the local metagame, or try talking to people. There is a small chance you will run into a dedicated spike group or something and get combo-killed on turn 5. Your options then are to either join their arms race of power to the best of your knowledge and budget, or to find other players.
>>
>>47745245
okay this is literally the best thing i have ever seen people write about this format holy shit
>>
>>47744582
>Iona
>one card win
If Iona kills every player at the table, you've got a very bad group
>>
>>47745245
I agree with 99% of this post, however as a member of a pretty spikey group I think your advice is a bit limited. Rather than enter the arms race, or leaving, I posit that there's a third option: learn to subvert the arms race. One member in our group runs efficient budget decks that are meta-haters. His priciest deck is $75 and it can pull out wins rather successfully.
>>
>>47745335
It's less a one-card-win, and more a one-card-kill.
>>
Gonna build some UG this summer. Should I do Edric weenies, or Kruphix Hydra tribal?
>>
>>47743701
You kinda helped me realize what direction I wanted to take the deck in. Here's what' I've put together so far.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-06-16-eldrazi-tribal/?cat=price
>>
>>47745540
oops I meant to reply to >>47743841
>>
>>47745510
>Duplicant, Karn, O-Stone, All Is Dust, other players interfering
I don't think so
>>
>>47745517
Kruphix Fatties is the best. You just rev up into a shitload of mana and do whatever you want.
>>
>>47744751
Nissa - Commander
Lost in the Woods
Constant Mists
97 Forest

I'd kill for a foil constant mists print so i could foil the whole deck
>>
>>47745589
Yeah
I run Iona as a commander. My playgroup just added stuff to beat her. She's still great, but people can hate her away if she's a consistent threat. She's better in the 99 for my AylI or Anafenza decks, though.
>>
>>47745245
>>47745305
thanks, that's actually pretty encouraging. I know this format's a little more casual than others, I just don't want to rush in with a deck that's completely ineffective. but I guess buying a commander deck or two as a foundation isn't as terrible as I thought it might be. I guess I'll read through all those websites, then try and scope out a group in my area.

>>47745445
the thing is, I first got into Magic during Masques block when I was young and had no friends who played. still, I bought a bunch of old cards here and there at swap meets so the majority of my cards I own are between the Dark and Visions. so I have a bunch of powerful commons and uncommons that are no longer in print, and even a few good rares. that "few good rares" part is what makes commander attractive to me. having only one Vesuvan Doppelganger is a bit of a drag in legacy, but in commander that one copy is all I need.

so the real issue is I don't have a whole lot of modern-era cards (which are a lot more enemy color friendly), and the ones I do have aren't that great. that and despite how many cards I own, I'm in want of legendary creatures. maybe someday I'll post that list and ask for advice, but despite how many cards I own it's not a very long list :I
>>
File: triskelion.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
triskelion.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
If I play this guy with new ezuri out, does he trigger the experience counter or is he technically entering as a 4/4?
>>
>>47746441
entering as a 4/4
>>
>>47745245
This, my gitrog is jank and budget as fuck but he's a blast to play and everyone at the table seems to enjoy watching how he's gonna play out.

God I love edh
>>
>>47746441
No trigger.
It's why I would think twice before using Master Biomancer as well.
>>
>>47745589
>oblivion ring
>journey to nowhere
>banishing light

Unban emrakul please.
>>
>>47746563
Are you retarded? Emrakul isn't banned because of her board presence, she's banned because she's a fucking colorless time warp that lets you untap and raze six permanents.
>>
>>47746607
has answers. not a problem. unban emrakul.
>>
>>47740907
I think they're perfectly designed and some of the neatest potential commanders.
The extra utility is balanced by how vulnerable the PWers really are.
>>47739505
The new SOI lands are top tier. I really like the splash of color or civilization they sometimes have.
>>
>>47746724
I disagree, but on the other hand I desperately want to use my foil Emmy.
>>
>>47746563
Unban Emrakul. I really hope you're trolling because fuck you there's a good reason why its banned.

Either that or you've never actually dealt with one yourself.

Its an uncounterable time warp stuck onto the king of eldrazi titans.
>>
>>47746607
>her
>she

Pls stop
>>
>>47746771
He's just trying to make a retarded equivalence to Iona, since she's piss-easy to deal with compared to Emrakul.

>>47746724
There are next to no answers to the cast trigger time warp. The body itself isn't the reason she's banned. Note that Ulamog and Kozilek still have devastating annihilator effects and are untouched.
>>
>>47746504
Its a shame. Still its nice to have him get stacked with counters and potentially control the board
>>
>>47746792
>Ulamog and Kozilek still have devastating annihilator effects and are untouched
Neither of those two have protection from coloured spells.
>>
>>47746776
Emrakul is referred to with female pronouns by the people of Zendikar, because of her correlation to Emeria.

You shut the fuck up.
>>
File: ETB_Abuser.png (151 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
ETB_Abuser.png
151 KB, 265x370
I guess I didnt pay close enough attention to oath because I missed this little guy. Is he cheap because his ability is only something us edh guys get wet about, or is it because oath is still so new? I am trying to figure it out, because for once a card I want really badly is actually affordable.
>>
>>47746823
Ulamog is indestructible, which is a similar form of protection. Emrakul can still be board-wiped, blocked, deathtouched, cyclonic rift'd, etc. It's not really the body that's concerning, it's the fact that you get counter protection for the body AND the extra turn trigger.

Plus giving every color an extra turn effect is terrible for the format.
>>
File: 1465590117695.jpg (109 KB, 499x688) Image search: [Google]
1465590117695.jpg
109 KB, 499x688
>people complain about emrakul needing to be unbanned

Did everyone forget that Progenitus is still legal?
>>
>>47746933
>Cyclonic Rift Emrakul so they can cast her again, netting another turn and 6 more vindicates.
>>
>>47746927

this guy is seeing play in standard too, he's quite good, the main weakness would be that you do have to be aware of the colorless pips in his activated ability, and build your mana base accordingly

not a major problem with the pain lands and lorwyn/shadowmoor filter lands floating around, but still
>>
>>47746976
progenitus doesn't have annihilator 6
>>
>>47746976

stupid anime fan thinks they are comparable at all
>>
>>47747034
If you want to complain about anime go to /v/ you autistic faggot

>>47747032
Its not my fault you don't play sigarda or tajuru preserver to deal with annihilator
>>
>rest in peace
>leyline of the void
>relic of progenitus

Why the fuck is Recurring Nightmare banned?
>>
>>47746792
Squelch, trickbind, stifle, voidslime, time stop, etc. There are plenty of reasonable answers you're just an Itty bitty small time beta bitch boy that doesn't want to adapt
>>
>>47747108
Because Sheldon got blown out by it once and is Mr. Poopypants about it as a result
>>
File: 110395_1.jpg (23 KB, 226x311) Image search: [Google]
110395_1.jpg
23 KB, 226x311
>>47747093
>not playing trinisphere and tutoring for it by any means possible
I guess you deserve to lose every game to Ad Nauseam.
>>
>>47747108
Because it's one of the easiest cards to combo with
>>
>>47747108
Because despite those cards graveyard decks are still more than viable. Recurring Nightmare probably needs to come off the list, though. Being vulnerable only to countermagic helps it be very powerful, but how is it on the list while Necropotence isn't?
>>
>>47745947
I'd add one way of recycling your graveyard back into your deck, either an eldrazi god or Elixir of Immortality, and a sensei's top to go with lost in the woods. But hey, looks like a spicy meme as is.
>>
>>47747118
>all in blue
Okay lad. I get you're trying really hard to correlate this to Iona, but it just doesn't work.
>>
File: 83531.jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
83531.jpg
29 KB, 223x310
>not holding up flash creatures/ instant token spells constantly
>not having phyrexian unlife in play

Unban biorhythm please.
>>
>>47747146
What the fuck does your post have to do with mine?
>>
File: 2.jpg (62 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
62 KB, 312x445
>>47747234
>being this butthurt that someone told you to git gud
>>
>>47747180
Cast a Flashfires the turn before Iona hits the board

EZ
>>
>there are people in this thread who literally think Iona is banworthy
KEK
E
K
>>
File: 1459434957338.jpg (231 KB, 996x1600) Image search: [Google]
1459434957338.jpg
231 KB, 996x1600
>>47747263
>being this butthurt that he couldn't adapt to biorhythm

It's so easily beaten. Hell, you could kill somebody with their own biorhythm if you had the balls.
>>
Necropotence should just be banned

I'm tired of people using it as an excuse to unban totally broken cards like recurring nightmare
>>
>>47747280
It does hurt my feelings when someone pulls her out just because I switched to a monocolor deck
>>
>>47747280
It's not banworthy, but it makes you an asshole
>>
>>47746863
Emeria is a girl, not Emrakul.

Emrakul is sexless.
>>
>>47747302

Lol why? It's a 9 drop creature with no protection from removal, if it didn't have a powerful static effect it would be even more unplayable than it already is

As it stands it's not even viable in a vaguely competitive meta unless you're cheating it into play somehow
>>
>>47747297
Fuck off, I'm picking mine up this week and I still want to use it for a while.
>>
>>47745245
This is good advice.
>>
>>47747301
Just buy karn liberated, oblivion stone, duplicant, and scour from existence. That will give you four solid answers for about $50 to Iona out of a 99 card deck. That might not be a lot, but that's why excessive tutoring is mandatory in Commander. You also should remember to tutor for these answers as soon as possible, even if you have no idea if your opponent has even drawn Iona. Once she comes down, you aren't casting anything but colorless spells.

All you have to do is sculpt your deck around Iona. Why don't you git gud you bitch?
>>
>>47747302
It's in white, one of thee worst colors in EDH. I play every color and combination EXCEPT white x whatever because of how terrible white is, it's a color that deserves all the help it can get.
>>
Is there a list of cards that when played, will win you the game?

I don't mean like Necropotence, because it lets you look through your entire library and then find stuff to win, I mean like Rite of Replication, because if you kick it on something good and swing, you win on the spot.
>>
>>47747393
>white
>bad in EDH
>literally the best removal options/full board clears
>>
>>47747409
If they have 1 life and you have a llanowar Elves, you could swing and win.
>>
>>47747409
Tooth and Nail and Omniscience come to mind. Enter the Infinite if you have the right cards.
>>
>>47747423
In EDH black has more efficient removal and board wipes than white, along with tutors and combo engines.
>>
>>47747327
>Lol why? It's a 9 drop creature with no protection from removal,
Not being able to cast colored spells is pretty good protection.

>As it stands it's not even viable in a vaguely competitive meta unless you're cheating it into play somehow
Sway of the stars isn't viable period. I wonder why it's banned.
>>
>>47747458
Sway of the Stars invalidates the game up until that point. Iona stops a single color of spells from being cast and hits for some damage.
>>
>>47747409

>rite of rep then swing

So haste creatures only? Or are we assuming you have fervor in play?

Have you ever even seen a rite of rep cast? You never cast it on anything that needs to swing or you'll get blown out by the next board wipe

You use it on purphoros or gray merch to win instantly

Also necropotence doesnt need to find you specific cards to win, if your deck is built right, the pure volume of cards can win you the game, what can your opponents do if you have 5 counterspells in hand, 5 board wipes, and the ability to keep playing threats after they are removed

However, to answer your question, no, there aren't really any cards that instantly win you the game by your definition, tooth and nail just fetches other cards and those cards win you the game, craterhoof requires a modest board to kill one person, and a pretty serious board to kill everybody at once, exsanguinate can kill the table but only if you support it with some other combo that gives you extreme mana
>>
>>47747458

One color, there's a whole table of players, if you can turn off all their removal with one color, then those players have bad decks or bad luck

Also you're totally retarded if you think sway of the stars isn't viable, it's not hard at all to win after getting everybody to 7 life and starting the game over with you on the play and mana floating

However I agree it shouldn't be banned
>>
>>47747458
I ran Sway repeatedly and my friends cheered when it was banned.

I'd just suspend a bunch of shit and then Sway.
>>
>>47747479
>KrenkoPlayerDrawsACardSighsThenPassesTheTurnFiveTurnsInARowHopingToDrawDuplicant.gif
>>
>>47747494
>blah blah blah
>no I have no idea what I'm talking about

Virulent Swipe is exactly the kind of card that he's talking about. A single spell that you can cast on something that will immediately result in someone losing. There's no fancy combo involved.
>>
>>47747548
>one monocolor player in a 4 player game is locked out for a little bit till someone lands a board wipe
O-okay
>>
>>47747409
Rite of Replication
I assume >>47747562 means Tainted Strike
Eldrazi Conscription

Those are the only "one card wincons" that I consider reliable enough to shoehorn into decks that don't really need them.
>>
>>47747548

>Iona player uses Iona to shut down krenko
>other 2-3 players take advantage of 9 mana spent doing literally nothing to them and win the game
>>
>>47747599
Master of Cruelties
Magister Sphinx
Sorin Markov

They're not "autowin" but they're incredible "fuck you"s for being single cards.
>>
>>47747541
>One color, there's a whole table of players, if you can turn off all their removal with one color, then those players have bad decks or bad luck
The is the one thing that Iona apologists get completely wrong.

If one person is shut down by Iona, the other players have zero incentive to interact with her. Anything they would do to kill Iona would be pure charity.

Iona is NOT a card like a titan or Phyrexian Praetor. She is not a big splashy fun play, but she looks like one. She is actually more like Choke or Boil, a very narrow hoser that does nothing at all to some players and prevents other players from playing the game.

Not a lot of players play with Choke because it's an obvious dick move. Players don't have the same impression of Iona purely because most people are running three colors.
>>
>>47747635
>being this butthurt about Iona
Wewwwwww
E
W
>>
>>47747310
Not if I have anything to say about it.
>>
>>47747635
If Iona sticks and is hosing one player, that player probably needed hosing.
>>
>>47747562

It's not winning instantly if you only kill one player

Also everybody who thinks tainted strike goes in every deck is literally retarded, for some reason the card is massively overrated in these threads

Also it's not really a one card combo of you need a 9 power creature
>>
>>47747617
Whether the player with Iona ends up in first place or third place, the Krenko still ends up in last place. This kind of pseudo-justice doesn't do anything to help the Krenko player other than it being a way to tell the Iona player to stop what they are doing. If anything, it just provides more incentive to just use animate dead to get Iona into play more aggressively.

In any of these scenarios, the player with Iona might win or lose, but the Krenko still loses every time.
>>
>>47747692

That's just a weakness of mono color decks

A smart player won't use Iona that way unless it helps him win the game, in which case, sorry your mono color deck got hosed, seems fair to me
>>
>>47747679
That doesn't make any sense because there is zero reason for the other players to play valuable removal on a card that doesn't threaten them at all.

Come on mun. Half of the posts in this thread are complaining about players with poor threat assessment. How could an Oloro be threatened by an Iona naming green?
>>
File: 1456108965340.jpg (167 KB, 1280x1444) Image search: [Google]
1456108965340.jpg
167 KB, 1280x1444
I always heard about the super spike commander players with crazy combo decks but I finally met one this weekend
>have friend who moved to different state after high school
>we stay in touch
>we find out we both still play magic, specifically commander
>I play janky bullshit and modified precons
>he decides to come visit this week as a vacation and plays with my group
>he's playing sedris, the traitor king. looks cool.
>T2 signet, T3 buried alive for kiki-jiki, mogg fanatic, and necrotic ooze, cast reanimate targeting ooze
>he says good game?
>wait wut
>we all demand to know what just happened
>he explains the combo
>we all slowly pick up our lands and start shuffling
>he reads the atmosphere and puts his deck away, asks if anyone has a deck he can borrow
>I give him my UG ezuri deck
>later back at my place I ask him to tell me about his deck
>he shows me a myriad of different combos his deck pulls, like fucking 12 of them
>says being a graveyard deck gets his dick kicked in his regular play group though, he rarely wins because his stuff is easy to hate out
>I can't even
>>
>>47747635
I agree that Iona *used* to be a dick move, but now that there's shit like Brittle Effigy/Duplicant/Karn Liberated/Scour From Existence/All is Dust/Nev's Disk/etc it's not as much of a trouble.
>>
File: DCUum.jpg (270 KB, 1193x1769) Image search: [Google]
DCUum.jpg
270 KB, 1193x1769
Hey commander bros, how autistic are you when it comes to your land base? For example I only like having lands from the same set in my decks. My friend on the other hand is so autistic all his lands have to be 100% matching. So how about it? How autistic are your lands?
>>
File: a35.gif (623 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
a35.gif
623 KB, 320x180
>Went to play some Commander at my LGS
>First game, dude won with a Triskelion infinite combo
>Second game, someone else won with a Kiki infinite combo
>Both times I could've prevented the combo but prioritized some other player
>Both times someone else would've won the game had it not been for the combo
>>
>>47747737
Politics? If the player has an Iona in play, they're probably trying to hose a specific color for a reason.
>>
>>47747683
It's not overrated at all. There's not many cards that you can cast on someone for 3 mana that can immediately remove someone from the game, that turn.

Especially in EDH; there's plenty of shit swinging for 9, or double-striking for 4.
>>
>>47747760
the only deck that has matching lands is norin chaos and they're all 7th edition white bordered mountains
>>
>>47747738
>no one had T3 responses

Plebs
>>
>>47743720
Find room for eternal witness, pretty much a staple in green to get back an important card, maybe find room ir budget for life from the loam and/or crucible of worlds, with all the self mill and ditching cards you need some way of getting lands back so you dont mama scerw yourself
>>
>>47747760
I just use all full-arts.
I bought two of those Fat-Packs for a reason, I might as well get some use outta them.
>>
>>47743701
R/U Jhoira, cheat in eldrazi/board wipes from your hand from turn 4 for 2 mana
>>
>>47747751
My question for you is, would you rather a monocolor deck run 6-10 pieces of colorless removal, which is at least one tenth of the spells in their entire deck, or simply leave the Iona out of the 99 cards in another deck? Being monocolor already really sucks in commander without Iona. Does it do the format any favors that an Ib-halfheart deck can be expected to waste 15% of his choices on cards just because of one boogyman? Even if you run only the best options, you are going to be expected to sit and wait to draw one of them. At that point, you might as well have already lost.

The worst part about Iona is that she doesn't end the game. At least with something like panoptic mirror+time warp, the whole table can start over. Iona is aactually pretty garbage against decent three-color decks. If all four players at the table are playing optimally, it is in their best interest to leave Iona alone.
>>
File: 333.jpg (58 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
333.jpg
58 KB, 312x445
>>47747760
I guess I'm the opposite of your friend. I always try and have different art for each basic land.
>>
>>47747842
You should be running those cards because they're good, not because they're there to counter Iona. Duplicant is removal in any color, even colors that don't get it that often. Oblivion Stone is insane, a staple in almost any EDH deck. All Is Dust is a really efficient method of dealing with the board.

The point is that the colorless removal isn't just colorless, it's GOOD.
>>
>>47747767
There is pretty much zero political reason for Oloro to deal with an Iona naming green to shut down the player running Khamal.

Oloro has a doom blade. Why blow it on a non-threat when he can kill a creature that matters to him?

Oloro has a board wipe. Why would Oloro put an entire player, and by extension and entire threat base, back into the game?

The only answers that make sense are either charity, indentured servitude, or the situation where it's not possible for Oloro to win the game alone. Even if Oloro needs Khamal to win, Oloro should make sure that Khamal is far enough behind that Oloro can easily crush him after the player that cast Iona is dead.

Iona isn't a politics card. It's a choke, boil, or flashfire.
>>
>>47747776

It's not overrated in normal magic circles

it's rightly considered not worth a slot in most decks, but in these threads you have people who think you should play it even with no plan to ever have a 9 effective power creature in play, just in the hopes that somebody else has an unblocked 9 power creature
>>
>>47747712
>That's just a weakness of mono color decks
That shouldn't exist. There's already enough of an incentive to not to monocolored, it doesn't need more help. There should never be a scenario where you can play poorly the entire game, play one card then entirely shut down your opponent(s).
>>
>>47747937

Good thing that scenario is just a fantasy that only exists in the nightmares of casual mono color players
>>
>>47747908
Why on earth would the Iona be used to hose just Kamahl if there is a three color player in the game unless Kamahl is just so far ahead he needs to be hosed?

And it's definitely not a choke, boil, or flashfire, because those cards cause irreprable damage to the boardstate. I'd rather see Iona hit play every time than some land destruction hate.
>>
>>47747908
The Kamahl player should just take his fucking lumps. I've been hosed by Iona before. It's a little annoying, but you can bounce back.
>>
>>47747930
>my anecdotal evidence is more relevant than your anecdotal evidence
>>
>>47747955
>lockdowns never happen
>having a lockdown on commander will never ever succeed.
Then great, it's a joke card and should be banned either way.
>>
>>47747908

You're missing the point

Nobody is going to help remove an Iona that's only hosing 1 player yes, but nobody is going to play an Iona just to hose 1 player either, unless they already have the rest of the table under control, in which case, tough luck, the Iona player deserves to win if they have 9 mana to spare or a reanimate spell to spare and still beat the other 2-3 players
>>
I have only ever seen bad players complain about Iona. It's the same kind of shitters who see Vorinclex and go "oh my god, what kind of scumbag runs him?"
>>
>>47748001
As someone that casts Iona, I gladly play it to hose one player. I have to beat the whole table anyways, why the fuck WOULDN'T I hose one player rather than mildly inconvenience/give reason to remove her to the other players.
>>
>>47747980

youre quite right that what I've said doesn't PROVE tainted strike is overrated in these threads, but I'm not really interested in proving anything, just having my opinion heard
>>
File: Khamal.jpg (8 KB, 305x225) Image search: [Google]
Khamal.jpg
8 KB, 305x225
>>47747975
Why are peole so unkind?
>>
>>47748033

You're missing the point too, if you have no other good spells to cast, sure, play it to remove one player and hope for the best

But if you have to compete with a whole table, spending 9 mana to hose one player is usually a mistake unless you have absolutely no better plays
>>
>>47748033
>hose one player
>die to everyone else
>>
So, how is Nissa as a commander? She seems decent enough.
>>
>>47748060
I never hardcast it for 9 mana because I'm not a fucking retard. There's so many ways to get Iona into play that you should kill yourself if you're hardcasting.

>>47748075
You have a very bizarre playgroup.
>OMG HE HOSED THAT GUY, LET'S GET HIM

How does *anyone* win in your playgroup? By this logic, you have to kill literally everyone else simultaneously or they gang up on you like babies. Which is usually a poor idea, because whoever wastes their resources killing someone has wasted them and now lacks them to fight off the others.

This is why Iona is decent. Because it's a 1 card "Fuck you". It's not a huge investment for me.
>>
>>47748096
She's shit.

http://edhrec.com/
>>
>>47748096

She is decent once flipped, not too hard to flip either
>>
>>47746927
It's a very powerful card
>>
>>47746976
What's wrong with progenitus?
>>
>>47748137
What? No, anon. I meant
>hose one player
>you just spent a huge resource fighting off one guy
>everyone else is still on free roam mode
>>
>>47744185
Play old teysa
>>
>>47747297
Why though? This is the only format where I can play it.
>>
>>47747738
Some people play differently than you
>>
>>47748190
But that's not a huge resource. It's literally one card.

How the fuck is spending a SINGLE CARD to completely shut out one of your rivals a huge resource? It's arguably one of the most efficient plays you can make. Especially considering that I'm going to be cheating her in.
>>
>>47743701
Rakdos, Lord of Riots.
>>
>>47748229

You could be cheating out something that will carry you to victory against the whole table

It's not hard to understand
>>
>>47748153
>>47748167

I'm so conflicted.
>>
>>47748349
First anon was correct
She provides ramp 1 or 2 times before flipping then prety much all she is possible card advantage and she can poop out a legendary, and you can bet soon as you turn your lands into creatures some will wipe the board immediately and you are out of the game with no creatures or lands, also mono green
>>
>>47748349
As part of 99 sure, as commander no so much if you want an elf planeswalker commander use the precon
>>
File: forest3.jpg (45 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
forest3.jpg
45 KB, 265x370
Innistrad basics are goat.
>>
File: images(4).jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>47748533
>poops out llanowar elves
>destroys artifacts and enchantmentz
>provides draw in green
Me gusta
>>
>>47748245
I got a Rakdos Deck and I can confirm Eldrazi work really well in it. Though I personally like demons a lot more and thus don't run that many eldrazi anymore (not to mention in our FLGS anihilator is kinda frowned upon in friendly games and a good cause for you to get focussed out of the game), but I've managed some cool things like drop a 60/60 Endless One for free thanks to Heartless Hidetsugu.
>>
>>47748557
I've seen her in a lot of green decks for the amazing utility she offers, but never as a commander. I think the problem there is that you want your commander to do a bit more than provide utility. Not to mention planeswalker commanders are irksome since then you can't beat them out on commander damage.
>>
File: 4.jpg (38 KB, 290x507) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
38 KB, 290x507
I like what they did in the khans block with basics, showing the same scene altered to fit the timeline
>>
>>47747760
Different art for each basic from the same block as the cards in the deck.
>>
>>47748277
The other cards you can reanimate have the courtesy of either ending the game, drawing hate, or interacting with the game. With Iona, Ib-halfheart and Nahiri have to say "untap, draw, pass" every five minutes for about an hour. This can happen as early as turn 3.

There is no argument here that Iona is necessarily OP or even that she is good at all. It's very easy for terrible cards to ruin games. Take Shahrazad for example and read the reasons they effectively banned it.
>>
>>47748533
>>47748557
>>47748502

I ran Freya as a deck before, so I know how good she is. I was planning on a more aggressive use of Nissa, though. That's 36 damage when she ults, and it doesn't take much to trample. If you're worried about wraths, kill him first or use shit like Natural Affinity. You have a Nissa that can Ramp; they do not.

>>47748607

If you're Elfball, commander damage doesn't matter. You can easily swing for the fences without Memehoof, and use Triumph of the Hordes of someone makes infinite life or something.
>>
File: LjJD2LR.png (169 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
LjJD2LR.png
169 KB, 265x370
Posting this again. Really hoping for some criticism/suggestions if you have them. What I have listed is basically thrown together from what I currently have.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/avacyn-and-her-angelic-army/
>>
>>47748790
you only have 5 mana accelerants in a deck with average cmc 4.17. That's a problem
>>
>>47748790
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/avacyn-and-her-angelic-army/

First thing I noticed is that you're super creature heavy on high CMC stuff. I know most people don't want to run copies of other people's decks, but http://edhrec.com/commander/Archangel%20Avacyn/ is a good resource to see what exactly are the most popular cards for the commander, and it's pretty obvious as to why.

Too many 5-6+ CMC critters really ties your hands in the mid to late game. You're tapping all out for guys and hoping that the table lets them stick instead of simply bouncing or removing them for much, much less CMC, also likely during your end step. Stuff like Exalted Angel, for example, is way too costly for what it does.

Creatures that have immediate ETB effects are usually better picks. I'd recommend looking at the Creature section the most on EDHrec for suggestions.

I also always run Insurrection if I'm playing red, just because sometimes it's a simple "I cast this on my turn and win" spell.
>>
>>47748954
Yare Yare
>>
>>47747738
>he's playing sedris, the traitor king
I've wanted to build him for a hot minute now
>>
File: images(5).jpg (23 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
images(5).jpg
23 KB, 265x370
Quick question with alot of the ETB effects when you "exile" them then return them is it a simultaneous action or do they actually go into exile then you have a chance to respond? Having a discussion on eldrazi processors and "blinking"

Like pic related do they exile their creature then immediately return it or do i get priority to use its ability before it returns?
>>
>>47748856
I was wondering about that. Is something as simple as Land Tax or something with a similar effect good enough, or more mana rocks?>>47748929
Alright, cool, thanks a bunch. And I know the cmc is pretty high all around, I just have a problem with making cards in my deck thematically inappropriate.
>>
>>47748970
>le Jojo meme

Yeah, you're definitely shit. If you recently joined 4chan, you should probably spend another month lurking before you post.
>>
>>47749008
Depends on the blink effect. Some occur without priority being passed and therefore there's never an opportunity for you to use a processor ability-- think Brago's combat trigger ability. While other's have a delay, often waiting until the next endstep to return the creature-- think Roon's activated ability. These allow the possibility for you to process them before they return to the battlefield.
>>
Why is Death Baron a $20 card
>>
>>47749008
When a spell resolves, it is carried out in full before anyone can do anything else.
>>
>>47749075
Zombie tribal is super popular
>>
>>47749075
Low CMC zombie/skeleton lord that gives deathtouch, and was only printed in two sets at Rare availability.

>>47749090
That's not a spell, however. It's an activated abilities, which means it goes on the stack. Please do not give people misinformation.
>>
>>47749075
Same reason glimpse the unthinkable is a $35 card, casual tribal
>>
>>47749113
Yeah Attendant has an activated ability.

>>47749008
When an ability resolves, it is fully resolved before you can do anything else.
>>
>>47749074
>>47749090
>>47749113
>>47749148
Ahh i see so if its a blink and return its simultaneous but if its blink and return at end step or next turn etc they can be processed? Sems fair
>>
>>47748790
Why do people use Archangel Avacyn anyway? She doesn't seem all that great to me, I'd much rather have the old Avacyn over this one. And if it's boros you want I'd imagine there's still better commanders to pick.
>>
>>47749174
Yeah, thats a good summary.
>>
>>47749008
It's part of the "cost" of the ability since it's before the colon. It can't be reacted to afaik since it's paid at the same moment as the mana.
>>
>>47749178
I imagine because its cheaper to play, and the damage flip being reusable seems awesome. At least that's why I choose her.
>>
>>47749178
Angels are a popular tribal, mono white holds up ok by itself
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 640x496
>>47747393
>One of the three worst colors

Nigga, there's only five
>>
>>47749215
Mono white? Archangel Avacyn isn't mono white, she's boros. The red transformation symbol on her flip side counts as colour identity.
>>
>>47747393
>white
>bad
you clearly don't understand the power of white stax
>>
>>47749245
Was talking about angels in general and most are white, main reason people play angels is for their pet waifu deck not sure why anyone would play boros at all personally, edh is the G/U/x format
>>
>>47747456
Black doesn't have targeted exile though. Swords and Path are so damn good against pesky indestructible things. Same with Return to dust to get rid of gods or make sure that critical enchantment gets removed. Black doesn't even have anything against enchantments at all.
>>
>>47747393
im sorry, fucking what? dont you mean red?

red > black > green > white > blue

its factually true in terms of spot removal, board answers and card sustainability
>>
File: 146283753.png (17 KB, 300x265) Image search: [Google]
146283753.png
17 KB, 300x265
>mfw white is the removal color
>most exile or sacrifice
>boardwipes every second set
>therideneverends.wav
>>
>>47749222
Anon are you well? Can you read?
>>
>>47749328
so you're saying red is the best color and blue is the worst? are you retarded? did your parents throw you head first at a fucking wall and make you stupid?
>>
>>47749328
blue > green = black > red > white

Red and white are excellent splash colors to compliment one of the first 3
>>
>>47749314
>Black doesn't have targeted exile

Dark Imposter, Eradicate, Gild, Grip of Desolation, Nemesis Trap, Sever the Bloodline, and Oblivion Strike disagree.

>Black doesn't even have anything against enchantments at all.

Gate to Phyrexia, and Phyrexian Tribute. Not GREAT cards but they do work in monoblack if you have to (PT especially decent with Reassembling Skelly)
>>
>>47749314
actually it does. not as cheap or reliable, albeit, but it is there in mono b. dark imposter, guild, eradicate, king macar, sever the bloodline, shaku, and nemisis trap all say hi

>>47749369
>>47749376
>>47749384

yea.... lets flip the arrows around. that what i meant. im on 4 different meds right now. my bad
>>
>>47749415
as a side thought, black has more -x/-x cards, that work as good as exile in terms of the indestructible problem. and it has the much more difficult to pull off exile from graveyard, so i mean, it does have a way to exile creatures pretty regularly
>>
>>47749328
>red
>the worst EDH color
Anon what
>>
Does Training Ground reduce the cost of Umbral Mantle's untap on a creature?

I only ask because it looks like Training Ground only works on the creature's activated ability, but Umbral Mantle looks like it gives that creature the ability, so it's really the creature and not Umbral Mantle you're activating.
>>
>>47749540
The creature gets the ability when Umbral Mantle is equipped, so Training Ground reduces it
>>
>>47749561
Excellent. My group has banned infinite combos, but not "soft" infinites that require at least 3 cards.

King Macar + Paradise Mantle + Umbral Mantle + Training Ground = Machine gun targetted exile.
>>
>>47749511
literally the worst. although from experience, ive only played against krenko, daretti, feldon, a proxied bosh, and heartless hidetsugu. only two i had problems against were feldon and bosh, otherwise they are more hugely hit or miss compared to mono greens or blacks ive seen.
>>
Is commander tucking still a thing or did that get redacted?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.