[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmachine/Hordes General: Hashtag Design Space Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
Mk3 list building: http://conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
Latest Errata
http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
>>
Hey CoC players, how are all those new releases?
>>
Second for We want the Malifaux audience
>>
File: what.jpg (52 KB, 714x682) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
52 KB, 714x682
>>47739006
I'm ready for SPOOPY HALLOWEEN FACTION
>>
>>47739041

To be honest, I will probably end up playing them.
>>
File: hook.jpg (14 KB, 450x307) Image search: [Google]
hook.jpg
14 KB, 450x307
So now that the dust has settled, can I finally use my revenants, and with which caster?
>>
New war room just crashes on my tablet. Yay.
>>
>>47738986
Confluc is confusing, rest of releases are supposed to be Forces book
>>
>>47739289
You can't, they're even worse than in MK2. They even nerfed Blackbanes to be just as bad as rev crew.
>>
>>47738965
Today is the day the PDF is supposed to come out...

Fucking when?
>>
>>47739468

if you mean the prime and primal pdf links in OP
>>
File: President-Kennedy-hears-o-009.jpg (45 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
President-Kennedy-hears-o-009.jpg
45 KB, 620x372
>>47739468
>>
>>47739468

I put it in big capital letters at the bottom of the op come the fuck on
>>
>>47739312
New Warroom sucks balls. They used some crappy java all in one app design thing and the UI is *horrible*. I'm charging back my in app purchase.
>>
QUESTION: This model is immune
to continuous effects and non-magical damage.

In magical damage it doesn't include magic attacks as sources of magical damage. Only magical weapons.

This means that spells don't affect incorporeal concerning damage??
>>
>>47739596

Sorry forgot to mention that I was speaking about Incorporeal models.
>>
>>47739006
>Everyone wants Infernals and Zu
>Get Grymkin, which absolutely NOBODY asked for.

I was playing the d20 RPG before I really knew anything about the wargame, and even I didn't really remember about them existing,
>>
>>47739596
>In magical damage it doesn't include magic attacks as sources of magical damage. Only magical weapons.

All magical weapons/attacks/spells have a little sparkle icon that shows they deal magical damage. Those things can damage it.
>>
>>47739685

I can see it on magical weapons but not on magic attacks and spells. At least not in the decks.
>>
Iron flesh immune to cont fire from blasts now? Since one immunity counts for the whole attack.
>>
>>47739709

Spells deal magic damage.

>>47739723

They "do not suffer blast damage". All other effects of the template they fall under apply. Continuous effects, knock down, clouds, scather templates, etc that are secondary to the immediate damage of the blast template all still apply.
>>
>>47739289
It depends on how you want to use them. They have synergy with any caster that buff's def for shooting and can hit above their weight in CC with 2 attacks + gang.

I'd recommend trying them with eSkarre with rengrave. Rengrave + Black Spot brings their rat to hittable levels.

They're also interesting with eDenny's feat in scenario play for the same reason, you can use marked for death against a unit outside of command range, shoot them with the revenants 8" out and still shadowbind models.
>>
>>47739006
Because what the game really needed was *yet another* spooky horror faction. It's not like we don't already have three or four of those.
>>
Disruption now only stop jacks from gaining focus.
Focus allocation uses the word allocation, so you can still allocate focus to disrupted jack.
>>
So even though we didn't need a spoopy faction i'm most likely still going in on it. I hope Zu will be the Coc of hordes though
>>
Disruption is listed under continuous effects. Does this mean that it could be removed during the maintenance phase, on a roll of a 1 or 2, before power up and allocation?
>>
My aunt bought me this Chaos demon right before she died. It has a lot of sentimental value to me. Would it be okay if I used it in my Skorne army? It's red like the rest of the Skorne, so it will fit right in. I was thinking I could make it an agonizer.

Would it be tournament legal?
>>
>>47739468
>>47739488
>>47739504
>>47739513
Damn you PP. Why cant we download the pdfs?
Cheap bastards
>>
>>47739945

So basically, for most practical uses, it cancels out the effects of power up and prevents channeling.
>>
>>47740012
Sweet baby jesus, not you again.
Whats next? A Landraider? An anime figurine?
Argh
>>
>>47739989
Nope. There's no disruption continuous effect, it's just listed next to them.
>Disruption – A warjack hit by this attack loses its focus
points and cannot gain focus or channel spells for one round.

All the other specify that they have a continuous effect.
>>
>>47739945

seems that way, MK2's disruption specifically listed you cannot allocate focus etc etc
>>
>>47740012

PLAY LIKE YOU GOT A PAIR. This is a real game for real wargamers, not pussy ass fags who cry over dead chicks. I'd kick anyone with this sob story out of my store and tell them never to come back until they had consumed a bottle of whiskey, fucked a chick (at least an 8 or a 9), and killed and eaten something at least the size of a small dog.
>>
>>47740012
Is this a new meme I missed? What is going on here?
>>
>>47739957
Unsupported?
>>
>>47740095
Some faggot came in asking if he could use his space marines in Warmahordes because his dead grandpa bought them for him. He was selling off his 40k collection except for that one unit and wanted to use it in another game.
>>
So why did they totally shit the bed with that keynote

I don't get it
>>
So, what's the opinion on the new trample?
Usable/Decent?
>>
>>47740119
Design space for future keynotes
>>
>>47740123
what changed
>>
Pretty stoked for the venator dakar. Skorne really needed a 4 point solo that gave rerolls. That +1 to attack really takes the sting off of inaccurate, too.

The karat UA provides a cool niche for an arm 17 small based unit that costs 15 points.
>>
>>47740123
>>47740138
Models being trampled can't get free strikes
>>
>>47740119
The entire thing is shitting the bed

>Announce huge new rules changes
They're the same with like 4 minor differences
>Announce new models as your sales are stagnating
They're the same bowling trophies that stagnated you before
>Announce new faction
Make a handicam movie that looks like shit and doesn't show anything people want
>Get a haircut
Look like Jason Soles

Seeing the issue yet?
>>
>>47740063
And disruption can't be shaken right?

Quickly, someone find the best way to spam ranged disruption and grievous wounds and kill the battlegroup meta.
>>
File: Clearly_An_Anime_Figurine.jpg (59 KB, 392x920) Image search: [Google]
Clearly_An_Anime_Figurine.jpg
59 KB, 392x920
>>47740012
My tranny gf bought me this awesome fig right before she/he died from aids. It has a lot of sentimental value to me. Would it be okay if I used it in my Skorne army? It's strong looking like the rest of the Skorne, so it will fit right in. I was thinking I could make it AGONIZER
Would it be tournament legal?
>>
>>47740152
Is that a change? I played in a tournament 2 weeks ago and the dudes there said homies being trampled don't get free strikes.
>>
>>47740152
that has not been the case since mk2
>>
>>47740163
disruption can be removed with Empower but not shaken because you can't get a focus to shake with
>>
>>47740177
Yeah, I just looked it up. They didn't actually change anything about trample.
What the actual fuck was all the noise about for the edition change.
>>
>>47740173
Or maybe sub it for Despoiler
>>
>>47740177

thats how tramples worked in mk2, models hit by trample couldnt freestrike, only those not hit could
>>
>>47740152
...that's not a change

>>47740135
well played
>>
>>47740194
most of it was for model rule changes

not being able to charge friendlies is actually a big deal for some casters, i.e. butcher3, iron mother, eTwins. hell I've charged mcthralls with Denny1 just to get better feat positioning
>>
So it's basically MK2.5 with a lot of made up hype of "EVERYTHING CHANGES" to get people to give a damn
>>
>>47740235
well all models did change
>>
File: Molik Karn.jpg (77 KB, 392x920) Image search: [Google]
Molik Karn.jpg
77 KB, 392x920
>>47740173
Sure fits right in see?
>>
I really don't know if I'll keep playing. I feel like they really gutted skorne and that PP still doesn't know what to do with the faction even after all of mark 2. Even when they buff us it comes with unnecessary nerf bat whacks that don't even make sense.

The whole way they handled mark 3 is just terrible. I honestly feel like it will just be a waste of money to keep buying things.

They just don't understand what we want or need and are dismissive about any complaints.
>>
>>47740119
>So why did they totally shit the bed with that keynote

Because these are nerds running a business, not businessmen. And definitely not marketers.

Just like how commercials for local businesses tend to be really shitty.
>>
Any new pics of unreleased models?Particularly kallus2
I'll forgive them for the shitty keynote if they churn out some nice sculpts
>>
File: 1455673475503.png (94 KB, 539x395) Image search: [Google]
1455673475503.png
94 KB, 539x395
>>47740491
Just stop trying to make a meme out of this. It's pathetic
>>
>>47740491
>not using it as a Galleon
>>
>>47740491
Kek,this is morbid autism
go on
>>
>>47740491
Only if it's used as Denny.
>>
>>47740471
Kallus2, Captain Aiakos, and the Greylord Forgeseer were solely computer mock-ups. maybe feora3 as well

someone said there was also a MOW caster computer mock-up

the Sea King garg for trolls had art and maybe a prototype sculpt?
>>
>>47740544
The supposed MoW caster was the Greylord solo
>>
>>47740544
Ah sorry,I wanted to say any art actually,including concepts/illustrations,zbrush sculpts and whathaveyou
Haven't heard of the mow caster tho
>>
>>47739041
Cryx is already a thing
>>
>>47740250
And unless you're cygnar or Khador, all of your shit sucks now
>>
>>47740544
Someone posted a pic of an early Sea King in resin.

As I play Protectorate and Circle, I have salt that Trolls get a third garg model before my others get a second one
>>
>>47740012
No you fucking idiot
>>
>>47740652
skorne player pls
dont project yourself to other factions
>>
>>47740745
Legion and Cryx both got insanely nonsensical nerfs as well
>>
>>47740745
Don't forget Cryxfags!
>>
>>47740697
gargs are dumb, I'd rather see more infantry and regular jacks

AK UA when
>>
>>47740772
What do AKs need to make them useful? Gang?
>>
>>47740800
they're not awful with Strakhov, but i keep thinking of better things to take instead.
>>
So. Finch is no longer an attachment. so even more free focus, on top of a free upkeep, or being immune to infantry charges, or even more focus and a bigger CTRL

meanwhile eTwins can't take a lousy succubus, because reasons

if this shit doesnt convince you Age of Cygnar is real, i dunno what will
>>
>>47740772
Meh, I want the Revelator as it opens up a lot of stuff for Protectorate, and Malekus seems to *really* want one.

I could honestly care less about the Storm Raptor, but it's... odd that we've got two troll gargs out and seen a physical version of the third before we see even renders of several factions' second gargossols.
>>
>>47740815
Yeah, the problem is not that they are *bad*. There are just better options for every situation
>>
>>47739640
>>Everyone wants Infernals and Zu let's not give it to them.
PP fucked up there.
>>
>>47740052

>an anime figure

could work for infinity
>>
>>47740862
I want this faction, and I didn't know it until now.
>>
>>47740851
I couldn't care less about the Storm Raptor as a circle mini, but I have high hopes that it will be a good-looking display piece, it the art was anything to go by.
>>
>>47740862
fuck internals

this new thing very well may be Zu, but cmon, PP said they were "unlike anything in the game before" and now they sound like lizard-skorne. they're scraping the bottom of teh creative barrel.
>>
>>47740853
Yeah every time I build a list with AKs and flamethrowers I ask myself "can i free up 3 points for double doom reavers"
>>
>>47740981
they won't have Warbeasts or Warjacks, only colossals.
>>
>>47740981
>now they sound like lizard-skorne

Source? The only information I found on the new faction was the atrocious teaser
>>
>>47741026
>The entire army is nothing but Gargantuans, Battle Engines and huge-based 'locks.
I...might play that.
>>
>>47740995
I guess it's a good problem to have? But I'd still like to see them get something setting them apart.

Going to miss shooting my juggernaut with debuff gas while he beats up beasts.
>>
>>47741045
all i saw was something how they were kobolds with pain fetishes
>>
>>47741074
You're thinking of dreggs
>>
>>47741089
which are part of the new faction last i checked

in any case the "reveal" was lame as shit.
>>
>>47740845

Don't forget Nemo's special rule about lightning not jumping to lightning immune targets is now just a core rule and applies to every cygnar army now :D
>>
I'm mildly interested in the new faction because, frankly, Fae scare the fuck out of me. However, there's a lot of fuck up potential here and they really did come the fuck out of nowhere
>>
>>47741186
welp now cygnar can know how cryx felt being the teachers pet the last 10 years
>>
>look up old LnL keynote videos
>30-40+ minutes of talking about new releases, new plans, board/cardgames/ikrpg, lots of new art and lore
Man the last two years have been so bad. What the fuck.
>>
>>47741272
>Cryx
>Teacher's Pet
Nigga Cygnar has been getting the best units for the past 5 years. They have the best colossal, the most good casters and easily are at the top of the "comparable units" pile. 25% of all top tier tournament attendance is Cygnar, in a game with more than 4 factions, that should be a pretty big red flag
>>
>>47740652
Ret is stupid good
>>
So am I reading this correctly? Do journeyman warcasters not have power up?
>>
>>47740762
>Legion and Cryx both got insanely nonsensical nerfs as well

Every faction got nerfs. That's what people are missing. The entire game was taken down several pegs overall.
>>
>>47741615
Except for Cygnar. That was my point, their most-played casters got some minor changes and that's basically it. Cryx is pretty much unplayable now because shooting armies just tear them to shreds before they can do anything
>>
>>47741615
>Every faction got nerfs.
And Cygnar got no meaningful ones
>>
>>47741303
yeah they really phoned it in. if this was due to the card leaks it was childish as shit
>>
>>47741653
Like someone earlier ITT said, they're nerds not businessmen
>>
>>47741668
they've put out good ones before. if this was their first one i'd understand more. compared to past keynotes this is a huge aberration, nerds or no
>>
>>47741186
yeah its the stormguard buff they needed
dont forget leaps from spells got reduced to d3 from d6 if you want to look past your bitter bias
>>
>>47740981
>>47741045
>>47741074

Grimkyn are part of the original d20 RPG setting, like all the other races seen so far.

All creepy, chaotic, evil, and they like playing pranks and tormenting people. Spriggans, recaps, boggarts, gremlins, etc only with an IK twist. Their equivalent of Unseelie fae.
>>
>>47741700
In other words Neverborn?
>>
>>47741638

Didn't people only really play Cygnar for Haley and Stormwall and take mercs for everything else?
>>
Just came home guys. What did I miss today? Anything new that wasn't previously leaked? New units? I don't see anything in this thread.
>>
mk 3 shouldve just been removing legion, cryx and cygnar from the game completely. Wouldve improved the balance more than anything they did and think of all the design space they wouldve opened up
>>
>>47741720
no
>>
>>47741716
because malifaux totally patented creepy re-imagined folk monsters
>>
>>47741716

No, like Unseelie fae. Grimkyn predate Malifaux by 4 or 5 years.
>>
>>47741760
dont lie
best lists only used maybe b13 and lancers, rest mercs
>>
>>47741762
>>47741770

I'm not implying Malifaux did it first, just that I don't see it fitting in the Warmahorde game. How the hell do Grimkyn gather armies anyway?
>>
>>47741762
No, but the concept art does look a lot like malifaux
>>
>>47741793
No idea. It's a shit idea and not something the players wanted.
>>
>Thorn Gun Mages don't have the both barrels rule that the spoiler had
TOTAL
SHIT
>>
>>47741786
keep remembering
>>
>>47741642
>>47741638
I kinda feel cygnar needed some buffs. Lot of their shit felt either actual shit or Haley.

I play Circle, legion, and Menoth. I honestly feel like all those factions came out good. Then again this isnt my first edition change for any game and can deal with change ups.
>>
>>47741809
people didnt want every faction nerfed or to have to buy a bunch of new books for basically no changes either, yet here we are
>>
>>47741871
You don't really have to buy books desu senpai
>>
Reminder that P buffed EPIC FUCKING CAINE, yet nerded many casters that were considered "mid-tier" at best.
>>
>>47741700
That's cool and all, but what reason would a bunch of tricksters have to form up into an army? Unless it's gonna be "gerrof muh land" like in Malifaux I'm seeing it as being something of a cop out.
It would also make sense for them to be a faction like CoC since I doubt they'd really have a large, standing army.
>>
File: 1281377419838.jpg (26 KB, 344x326) Image search: [Google]
1281377419838.jpg
26 KB, 344x326
>>47741836
>>Thorn Gun Mages don't have the both barrels rule that the spoiler had

Laelfag here. S.source?
>>
>>47741907
warroom
>>
>>47741907
Ah sorry, I'm a faggot. It's warroom isn't it?
>>
>>47741889
you do if you want the theme lists that are adding back in a lot of the "design space" left from the nerfs.

inb4 I can shell out cash for PP vaporware instead.
>>
>>47741925
or you could pirate them and not be a faggot
>>
>>47741793
>I'm not implying Malifaux did it first, just that I don't see it fitting in the Warmahorde game.

They're from the original d20 setting itself. Feralgeists and Gremlin Swarms are likely to be allied with them in the same way Totem Hunter would have gone with Zu.

They're as much a part of the setting as Zu or Infernals, just not a particularly unique/interesting aspect.

>How the hell do Grimkyn gather armies anyway?

They already have some sort of affinity for banding together to fuck people up in the RPG. They'll probably come up with some kind of explenation the same way they did for Cephalyx, Gatormen, Bog Trogs, Pigs, the Cult of Cyriss, etc who all tended to be much smaller players in the d20 RPG.

All said, I still want my fucking Zu,.
>>
>>47741946
>All said, I still want my fucking Zu,.

No, enjoy your spooky skelingtons
>>
>>47741925
>you do if you want the theme lists that are adding back in a lot of the "design space" left from the nerfs.

How many books and copies of No Quarter did you buy in mk2 for the theme forces?

If the answer is anything more than 0, then you're a fucking idiot and should just hand your money over anyway, because you were to stupid to use any of the several free army builders, pirated pdfs, or wiki pages that spelled all the theme forces out for you.
>>
>>47741960
Cryx has that on lock
>>
>>47741615
Retribution got only buffs save for the mage hunter strike force being toned down. They are gonna be so strong for MK3
>>
>>47741960

More like spooky fairies, but no. I like where Menoth is right now anyway and look forward to re-exploring them.
>>
File: ape vs trex.jpg (53 KB, 500x594) Image search: [Google]
ape vs trex.jpg
53 KB, 500x594
>>47741946
>we could've had badass apes and other jungle beasts
>instead we get pumpkin heads
worst reveal ever
>>
>>47741946
If you check the mk3 Gremlin Swarm card it's a Minion Grymkin Solo. Nobody noticed until now
>>
>>47741993
I wish we had a dinosaur beast faction

>inb4 Rhinodon and Archidon
not shit I mean
>>
>>47742032
dinosaurs could've been zu too. We don't know since it's an unexplored land!
And the fact that during the primecast they mentioned crusading in Zu and exploring it many times adds salt to this wound
>>
It looks like you don't promote unit leaders if they are removed from play.

Does this mean I can scalpel leaders out with Hellfire and the unit can't make attacks for the rest of the game?
>>
>>47742003
well, I think it's also that units and solos can be part of [group] with said group being a faction. Pirates comes to mind
>>
>>47742070
>If there is not a Leader model in the unit, choose
another model in the unit to become the unit commander

Can't be clearer then that
>>
>>47740800

I always thought that Minifeat from the Dwaf Highshields would be interesting for them. "Guns Blazing" lets them shoot twice in their combat action.

Now that they have assault, I don't know how that interaction would work.

Also, Quickwork and Point Blank or Gunfighter seems like it would be nice for them.

Basically just give them volumes of attacks and let their flamethrowers get off multiple attacks from different places.

They are meant to be an anti-infantry unit so I figure that would be the best direction for them.

Also, a Veteran Leader Solo for them with a bunch of attacks might be cool. Kind of like the Strider Deathstalker but for Khador.

For that matter, snapfire could be cool. One dude starts off, kills a model, then he uses his second attack to drop his gas cloud so the second model attacking can ignore tough and so on down the line. It does suck a little that it doesn't still give the -2 Def.
>>
>>47742094
Thanks Anon!

What about when you mind control a unit leader and walk them into a covering fire template?

Does "If a unit’s Leader is destroyed while under your opponent’s control, do not replace the Leader model." supersede the general rule?
>>
>>47741836

You didn't believe them when they said the spoilers might not be the final copies did you?
>>
>>47741906
well all of the major players in WM are sovereign nations. COC and mercs are the outliers

compare to Hordes where only 2 of the major factions actually are anything resembling nations (Skorne and trolls, the latter being more of an ethnic tribal confederacy) while circle/legion are basically NGOs

from that aspect the trickster thing would work, they're not trying to hold territory (like circle and legion), they're just there to fuck shit up

honestly i thought it was going to be something like a hive-jungle type thing, like the jungle faction from Neuroshima, and would have preferred that a lot.
>>
Wow what a shitty start.

They weren't prepared at all

The problems of the physical cards are so stupidly lazy
>>
>>47742148
I did. However without that rule they're not worth taking
in my malekus army
>>
>>47742148
Yeah they look to be about 98% accurate

that 2% tho

hilarious to be salty about a rule you never actually had access to
>>
>>47742044

When you put it like that, it makes Zu just seem like Skorne MK2.
>>
Im sorry but Zhu would have been a major repeat as almost every single one of its "Exotic" animals belonged to another faction already.

Dinosaurs, Tigers, Apes, Giant Birds, Giant Insects.

All kinda done already. That is not to say that Spoopies didn't already have all their shit done already as well.

Elegant Elves, Skelingtons, Gators. But I have to say that spoopy is at least more different then Zu.

I would have thought that infernals could carve out some real design space, but I sorta get that a demonic incursion of that scale would be apocalyptic buisness.
>>
>>47742139
I'm just reading that and it does confuse me a little. As far as my understanding goes after the effect expires you choose a new leader if the other one died but don't quote me on that
>>
>>47742174
Skorne is an established society with lots of development
I imagine Zu would be more like tribes and spearchuckers.
>>
>>47742180
infernals have no reason to get involved in the wars considering people still sell their souls regardless. and sunlight instal-kills them on top of it
>>
>>47741906
>but what reason would a bunch of tricksters have to form up into an army?

Because it's fun. Or probably some bigger and tougher Grymkin are bullying weaker ones into it. The things operate on blue and orange morality, so it's not like any reason is going to make sense to mortals.

And I'm very willing to bet that it's going to be a "mini-faction" like Cephalyx or CoC.
>>
>>47742195

I just mean, the whole idea of Skornes beast menagerie is that they are bringing tons of crazy exotic shit from across the desert. So they have this huge variety of (now mostly terrible) beasts they can bring. Similar to Hannibals armies against the Romans.

Zu, we know nothing about but imagining them doing the same would be weird.

I would prefer if it was a bit more focused. I.E. some specific civilization in Zu (hopefully the Totem Hunters race because they look badass) takes some sort of liking to the Iron Kingdoms and shows up en masse. Then they could have a handful of specific beasts of burden/living holy symbols that they bring along.

Not gonna lie though, I do not hate the idea of Grimkyn either personally. They seem interesting as well.

I just kind of hope that both end up showing up eventually.
>>
>>47742203
i never expected or really wanted a infernal army.. however i did expect to have more models in the game by now that wouldve had connections to them other than fiora...
>>
>>47739945
I think there has already been an infernal ruling that changed this.
>>
>>47742203

I would like Infernal stuff more as the occasional Merc/Minion option than as a whole faction.

Though legions of dark cultists is always a cool idea.

I wish they made more Thamarite models for Mercs honestly.
>>
>>47742279
>I just mean, the whole idea of Skornes beast menagerie is that they are bringing tons of crazy exotic shit from across the desert. So they have this huge variety of (now mostly terrible) beasts they can bring. Similar to Hannibals armies against the Romans.
But if it's the opposite like trolls, people complain that PP is just recycling same shit (like the king models).
I think wide menagerie would be more interesting than "Satyr with different horns" as well.
>>
>>47742180
>>Im sorry but Zhu would have been a major repeat as almost every single one of its "Exotic" animals belonged to another faction already.

Yeah, but those factions only have one of them. None of them have Apes AND Giant Insects or Dinosaurs AND Giant Birds. And their forays consist of like 1 or 2 models. Nobody would consider Skorne a jungle themed army simply because its cavalry happen to have tigers.

And like you said, there are entire factions dedicated to the whole creepy/spooky thing and even more have one or two creepy/spooky models.

>>47742195

Actually, Zu has cities and stuff too. The only place we've ever heard described consists of a seaside city carved out of cliff faces with bridges everywhere, tons of ivory, gold, and pearls and lots of trade.

Think they're going more along the lines of Timbuktu/Eastern African port cities.

Again, that said, I still think Grymkin are a perfectly fine addition, even if I would have preferred Zu. I'm sure we'll get it eventually.
>>
>>47741608
Journeymen power up. It's not a rule on the caster, it's a rule on 'Jacks.
>>
>>47742350
We have plenty of skelingtons but honestly very little spoopy.

Like Looking at fey from a D&D monster manual, they honestly have much more of an identity then just about anything else.
>>
File: bongo.png (157 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
bongo.png
157 KB, 566x800
My local scene hates mk3 and at least 3 of our small group have stopped playing due to it. I hate this.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (144 KB, 861x440) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
144 KB, 861x440
;^)
>>
>>47742383
Sounds like your local scene sucks
>hurr I didn't play the game yet it sucks ass
>>
>>47742327

Actually, I like the Troll line. I don;t see what people are bitching about. Seeing how trolls adapt weird to new environments is actually pretty cool.

I think Circle is a good example though. Unlike Skorne who pull from a huge variety of animal types and themes, Circle has a variety of beasts with similar themes. I would much prefer something like that.

They don't all have to be "Iguana with a different head" but if they had a Lizard theme, I would love if all their beasts were reptilian in nature for instance. I think Gators are a good example of this too.
>>
>>47742408
why does this matter
even if you're playing death clock, if your opponent starts measuring on your turn you just switch the timer over to him until he's done
>>
>>47742383
What's their problem with it?
>>
>>47742383

I have an awesome meta, but unfortunately, the store we regularly play it is closing down soon. We're all trying to figure out where to migrate to.
>>
"New Sloan feat: cast guided fire for free and battlegroup gains an additional range attack during activation."

Enjoy.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg (72 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg
72 KB, 720x690
>>47742442
I have no problem with it other than a vastly dwindling scene. And that's the players fault not the games.

>>47742452
That does suck, hopefully you guys can find somewhere.
>>
>>47742468
I mean, what is the problem that the other people in your meta have with Mk3?
>>
>>47742430
if that is concern, just add to death clock rules that you can only measure on your own turn
>>
File: 1454341607117.jpg (60 KB, 960x944) Image search: [Google]
1454341607117.jpg
60 KB, 960x944
>>47742484
The skorne player hates how Skorne feels weaker. Others hate various changes to the game. Pre measuring and other rules shit that just adds up. But most people have due to their faction getting nerfed.
>>
>>47742383

I know I am going to sound like a shill but, you should really tell them to cowboy up and at least give it a shot before dumping something because it's different.

Yeah, I have spent a lot of time the last month being infuriated at anf bitching about Skorne changes but it's worth a shot at least and I still have a Menoth army I am perfectly happy with if Skorne fails me.
>>
>>47742512
Skorne guy is justified. Literally everyone else isn't. The factions are fine.
except skorne.
>>
>>47742430
eh people always measured CTRL during opposing turn too. it's legal. just remember whatever you measure, your opponent has a right to know if they ask.

>>47742430
i wouldn't switch the timer over honestly unless youre super focused on what he is measuring
>>
>>47742430
>If you're playing chess and your opponent starts thinking on your turn, press the clock until he's done
Yeah fuck off. If he's not interfering with the speed of your turn you leave that shit on your timer.
>>
>>47742512
So other than pre-measuring and Skorne, what else? This seems a bit ridiculous desu.
>>
>>47742512
>But most people have due to their faction getting nerfed.

Yes, they're all quitting because they *all* feel nerfed. I'm sorry, anon, that you are forced to play with retards.

>>47742455
Not what Warroom2 sez.
>>
>>47742616
A player measuring on your turn can very easily disrupt your play, depending on where they shove their tape measure.
>>
>>47739640
>Grymkin
Is this for real?
>>
>>47742512
Honestly I'm viewing premeasuring as a buff to Skorne. Now my Incindiarii can drop templates far more accurately.
>>
>>47742636

They changed her feat already. Coming in the next errata. No joke.
>>
>>47740083
>PLAY LIKE YOU GOT A GREAT RACK
>>
>>47742636
>All feel nerfed
I hope you like playing Age of Cygnar
>>
>>47742669
you cant just do that
they just released the new shit
you cant just change something this soon
did you test NOTHING
>>
>>47742726
Clearly they didn't, they hadn't even released the sepulcher and it's had its rules changed already
>>
>>47742726
probably to quell the 'turn 1 assassination' boogey man
>>
>>47742669

Mind linking to where the quote came from?
>>
>>47742726
>you cant just do that
>>
I'm googling Warmachine Grymkin and i'm getting nothing, what is this spicy meme?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
Are these Faction nerfs/buffs really as bad as people say they seem to be? I mean I play Cygnar and I can understand some of the hate towards them, but I feel like people aren't getting what the changes were meant to do, seeing how Cygnar looked like a 1-2 trick pony. Now it's got many different options for list builds other than Caster+Stormwall=Win. Heck, my bud plays Menoth and I'm actually pretty jealous of his changes, especially with casters.

I'm by no means saying I'm a good player with opinions that should be accepted, I'm just looking at this face value. I feel like the game needs some time to clear the dust before we can just start calling out the typical OP OP.

That said, I made two Cygnar lists meant to be paired with each other. I remember seeing something a while back saying that FA:C stuff can be used in both lists now, so I went ahead and did that. If that's not true, I'll have to change them up. Thoughts?

Cygnar - (E)Stryker

Theme: No Theme Selected
73 / 75 Army

Lord Commander Stryker - WJ: +28
- Squire - PC: 5
- Ol’ Rowdy - PC: 0
- Lancer - PC: 0

Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Charger - PC: 9
Archduke Alain Runewood, Lord of Fharin - PC: 4
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 4

Black 13th Strike Force - Lynch, Ryan, & Watts: 10
Horgenhold Forge Guard - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Captain Jonas Murdoch - PC: 4
Sword Knights - Leader & 9 Grunts: 13
- Sword Knight Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4
Cygnar - (E)Caine

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Captain Allister Caine - WJ: +27
- Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator - PC: 4
- Ace - PC: 0
- Ol’ Rowdy - PC: 3

Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Charger - PC: 9
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 4
Gun Mage Captain Adept - PC: 5

Arcane Tempest Gun Mages - Leader & 5 Grunts: 11
- Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer - PC: 4
- Hunter - PC: 11
Horgenhold Forge Guard - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Captain Jonas Murdoch - PC: 4
>>
>>47742801

I got it from Jay.

He says it came from an Infernal, not sure if it was "ruled" on the forum of just something they know they are changing already.

https://twitter.com/ChainAttackJay/status/742032932735328256
>>
>>47742455
pp is fucking retarded as shit

"oh this one edgelord list people bitched about so let's just make the feat stronger lol"

"but no denny2's feat isn't too weak nah"

really kills any enthusiasm i had
>>
>>47742857

Thanks
>>
>>47742636
im not trying to defend retards but shouldnt new shiny editions generate hype? In my area warmahordes is dying the same death every other TT game is, the players are gettin older and cant play/paint as much as they wish they could and theres no new people replacing them. when mk2 was running its beta people were coming in with printed out rules and running proxy armies... they were excited about the new shiny thing. I mean i dont think mk 3 is shit but im certainly not seeing anyone coming into my lgs asking about it.... I dunno i kinda feel like the games dying a slow death and i dont see how this really helps
>>
File: laughingwhores.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>47742861
>>
>>47742857
>Came from an Infernal
People still trust these faggots after they blatantly burned us in the past multiple times?
>>
>>47742850
It is cheaper to just use stormblades rather than forcing forge guard in.
They get nothing from murdoch and stormblades work just as well
>>
>>47742841
Grymkin are a thing in the Iron Kingdoms setting. Look up the old Monsternomicons. They're basically a classification of supernatural creatures and are basically boogeymen/fair folk types that like fucking with humans. They range from shit like gremlins that like to fuck up machines (Gremlins are already in the game as a Minion model) to shit like the Boatmen who pose as ferrymen then drown people when they get out in open water unless you can figure out a way to bribe them to everything in between.
>>
File: srwoa.jpg (853 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
srwoa.jpg
853 KB, 2048x1365
>>47738965
>>47738965

Can somebody please provide me a link to look at the leaked stat cards so I can wait to buy the physical copies when they come out rather than getting them from the War Room app?
>>
>>47742876
youre right anon i was stupid thinking pp ever knew what they were doing
>>
File: 1360970071887.jpg (38 KB, 435x519) Image search: [Google]
1360970071887.jpg
38 KB, 435x519
>>47742930
>>
>>47742897

The one problem is that I only have the forgeguard to work with right now as I got them for MK2 lists...right before MK3 was announced. However I still see them as being quite worth fielding. With (E)Stryker and journeyman they become beefier than the stormblades, can play scenario better with potential slams, and have a better payout with his feat with their WM hammers.

With (E)Caine, they can work just as well with two less armor and become a dangerous side threat as Caine does his thing.
>>
>>47742875
It's generated hype in my area. A lot of us are amp'ed to play again. We have the same problem too. A lot of people getting older and such but also other games out there to play. I think a lot of it is like this weird hyperbole you see on /v/ when e3 comes around. If something isn't all your hopes and dreams, it means the companies are sinking and will be bankrupt by the end of the year. It's the same here. Its a series of nerfs. Most scrubs aren't gonna like that. Then theres some shit that got missed. No one is gonna like that. I think they just didn't want to deal with us in the design process cause there is a lot of BS they'll get.

It's likely that you're just burned out on the game a bit. Maybe spending too much time on the forums which can cut into the hype.
>>
File: 1429472299473.png (40 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1429472299473.png
40 KB, 200x200
>>47742726
You forgot your pic.
>>
>>47742898
Sorry I should be more specific, why are people saying there is a new Grymkin army? What source, I'm googling and not seeing anyone else on the internet mentioning this.
>>
>>47743097

PP teased a new Hordes faction last night at LnL. Grymkin is one of the guesses as to what the hell it is, based off the model concept art shown.
>>
>>47743097
This video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e15h-fR1rGg
>>
>>47743121
>>47743097
dreggs are supposed to be a unit in the new army, as spoiled in the laughably bad keynote, which has led people to grymkin
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (2 MB, 1283x721) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
2 MB, 1283x721
>>
File: Dregg2[1].jpg (93 KB, 547x443) Image search: [Google]
Dregg2[1].jpg
93 KB, 547x443
>>47743160
Oh ok, now I see.
Maybe like a skaven/tyranid army.
might b cool
>>
File: cyriss.jpg (1 MB, 700x2471) Image search: [Google]
cyriss.jpg
1 MB, 700x2471
Does the Prime Axiom kit come with parts to also build the Prime Conflux colossal? There's a listing on ebay for a Prime Conflux that says it also comes with the pieces to build one or the other, but none of the Prime Axiom kits being sold say the same in reverse. Is the Prime Conflux kit a lie, or what?

>>47742925
Also this, I've been out for a while.
>>
So how many copies of each card are in the Mk3 faction decks? What am I supposed to do when I need another copy of a card? Buy another whole faction deck?
>>
>>47743210
legion already has nids :P

the thing people are talking about is Caen's version of unseelie fae
>>
>>47743308
to my understanding each card has multiple hit boxes per maximum FA on it so you should be good
>>
>>47742875
Here it's generated plenty of hype.

It's just astounding to me that everyone in your group simultaneously decides they're nerfed and don't want to play and fail to notice... everyone feels that way. Screams manchildren to me.
>>
>>47743308
No, for jacks/beasts just use a different card with the same grid or life spiral. Just make absolutely sure theyre the same HP set up.

For Solos, they included up to the max FA HP bars on the cards now.
>>
>>47743292
The basic axiom kit is axiom only because that's all that has been released for 2 years.

the new kit, which isn't even in stores and was released at Lock & Load yesterday, will have both. if the kit looks overpriced it was probably the new one bought at L&L with a jacked up price on eBay
>>
>>47743015
>>A lot of us are amp'ed to play again
>> I think they just didn't want to deal with us in the design process cause there is a lot of BS they'll get.
>>us
i think you are missing my point, /v/ has a huge expanding playerbase /tg/ doesnt. mk 2 beta brought in new people mk 3 is not. As for the not wanting to deal with the 'bs' from the interwebs... i mean if that was part of their thinking in not doing an open beta this time that certainly worked out well for them.

its more likely most people are just burned out from playing the same 6-10 people, which when you nerf tons of stuff and try to repackage/resell 75% of the same corerule book and call it new, 'scrubs' quit and that 6-10 will become 4-7.
>>
>>47742861
In-activation shooting means she can't shoot into deployment turn one since you have to run to do that.

The feat got more powerful if you don't pop it on turn one, but it took out the turn one shenanigans.
>>
File: img522ef770cc332.jpg (453 KB, 882x2096) Image search: [Google]
img522ef770cc332.jpg
453 KB, 882x2096
>>47743348

Actually the ebay kit I'm looking at is only $98. Can't afford it right now anyway though, starting a new job tomorrow and gonna start a Convergence army. Thanks for the info anon.

How about >>47742925?
>>
File: 1410070372307.jpg (29 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1410070372307.jpg
29 KB, 600x600
>was going to go out and pre order a MK3 Battle Box today
>never played this shit before or any tabletop game
>realize I would have to leave my house and interact people to buy it and play
>stay home instead
>>
>>47743308
don't buy physical cards and use war room. that'd be a good start
>>
what the fuck; how are fucking pumpkin men supposed to make Warmachine a better experience? WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY THINKING WHY WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS WHY
>>
>>47743410
I installed it before, tried to make an account, and got nothing but errors.
>>
>>47743354
the into-deployment shooting was a fucking stupid gimmick of no real consequence that morons got way too worked up about, and now sloan has an even nastier feat

gj babies
>>
File: 1458658803167.png (5 KB, 258x248) Image search: [Google]
1458658803167.png
5 KB, 258x248
>>47743408
Your life must be suffering, anon
>>
>>47743430
yeah, it shit out a ton of errors prior to June 12 because it couldn't access the cards until last night. it works fine now.
>>
>>47743408
Models are cool, painting is fun, game is rad

Interacting with neckbreathers? Less fun
>>
>>47743485
You wanna say Mouthbreathers have merged with Neckbeards forming a new terrible lifeform?
>>
>>47743411
it really seems like they thought this shit up the day beforehand inorder to appease those pissed about the leaks
>>
>>47743353
>i think you are missing my point, /v/ has a huge expanding playerbase /tg/ doesnt. mk 2 beta brought in new people mk 3 is not.
I was mostly referring to how it is in all games forums. Everything is always meh or its spelling doom.
> As for the not wanting to deal with the 'bs' from the interwebs... i mean if that was part of their thinking in not doing an open beta this time that certainly worked out well for them.
I think it probably was better. The beta for mk2 was a pain in the ass, and even the beta had a lot of shit that got through that shouldnt have. Their insiders needed some better proofreading and the keynote sucked, but that might have been cause of the leak and knowing the Q&A wouldn't go so well.

>its more likely most people are just burned out from playing the same 6-10 people, which when you nerf tons of stuff and try to repackage/resell 75% of the same corerule book and call it new, 'scrubs' quit and that 6-10 will become 4-7.
Yeah sorry, didnt mean to say you guys are scrubs. I was mostly referring to the hate that a lot of people are hearing cause a lot of is bitching that shit isn't as over the top as it was. But I guess its just attrition of time. We used to have a group of about 20, down to about 8. Its also kind of hard to get new players for any game. My only advice is to try to talk peopel into not selling off their shit in case one day they get some more free time and just want to play.
>>
>>47743353
>that 6-10 will become 4-7
It's like I'm reading Skorne spoilers all over again.
>>
>>47742408
Having played a few games I have to say it's such a massive improvement. I was a skeptic too at first and the options it opens up won me over in an instant.
>>
>>47742646
Then you tell him to cut that out. I have yet to meet a player who wouldn't do just that when asked.
>>
>>47743517
It was either that or mouthbeards
>>
>>47742646
Then you switch over to his clock. Worst case scenario, call the TO over.
>>
So any word on changes between the leaks and the war room? Heard the new merc gunmages got nerfed but curious if there is more.
>>
File: doom_reaver_by_fstitz.jpg (90 KB, 600x828) Image search: [Google]
doom_reaver_by_fstitz.jpg
90 KB, 600x828
How viable would be my Orghot Khador in this all new war? I like making fluff armies and in this case the list revolves around Obavnik Alexandra Zerkova, Fenris, Doom Reavers + UA and Ruin CW. I want to add more stuff but it will have to wait.
>>
>>47743539

>Yeah sorry, didnt mean to say you guys are scrubs. I was mostly referring to the hate that a lot of people are hearing cause a lot of is bitching that shit isn't as over the top as it was. But I guess its just attrition of time. We used to have a group of about 20, down to about 8. Its also kind of hard to get new players for any game. My only advice is to try to talk peopel into not selling off their shit in case one day they get some more free time and just want to play.

Been playing off an on since the black book. I'm dipping out for now. This edition has been a total let down for me. I am happy with the core rules for the most part, but the rebalancing of units (change for the sake of change) really bothers me. I play khador, i own almost the entire range, and while we may be the best faction in the game there are some balance issues and a few other things I was hoping they would fix, but it's just same ol same ol. I feel as if the positive changes to the faction occurred in an mk2 world I would be more than excited to play, but overall the changes bother me more than get me excited to play.

I'll dick around in a journeyman league and I may end up playing again in another 6 months, but I'm seriously disatisfied with what the company has been doing.
>>
>>47743831
doom reavers are FA: U now. So yes, that list will do fine.
>>
>>47743408

>Order online.
>Paint at home.
>Play with figures.
>Find some friends you can sucker into the game with you.

Don't let the man tell you how to enjoy your wargames.
>>
>>47743831

You may have to take a few more jacks than normal but you can totally still do it if you want.
>>
>>47743801
can you really call something a nerf when it was never a live rule to begin with?
>>
>>47743831

Pretty much, if you were playing the Mad Dogs of War theme and running 1 heavy, you can do the same thing except doomies are more expensive (now FA: U everywhere, not just in theme) and you have to take two(ish) jacks.
>>
>>47743894
I was in this same boat like 2-3 years ago. It felt like the game was just spinning its wheels in the mud. A lot of mildly shitty new stuff that would get that "Yeah but X is already better atm." That sort of killed it for me. So yeah this is shit that needed to happen 2-3 years ago.
>>
>>47743411
I dunno, I always wanted a scarecrow for my cryx. Guess now I know why there isn't one.
>>
>>47743977
Didnt really read his post, did you?
>>
So am I right in that you need to take one Buccaneer for each Freebooter?
>>
>>47744015
Wow, apparently not.

Oh well, he'll be fine anyway.
>>
File: 1407348719066.png (565 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1407348719066.png
565 KB, 604x453
>>47743894
>change for the sake of change
>just same ol same ol
It seems like there's something you wanted in Mk 3 that wasn't given to you, while others got things they were wanting. I'm sorry you feel that way but many of the balance changes, especially to units, make a lot of sense. As a Menoth player, I'm glad that our infantry now has more definition to their purpose, rather than the "pick your flavor of jam". Even many of the nerfs (barring Skorne, sorry senpais) seem like they're setting up future releases and expanding the game.

I'm thinking of picking up Khador, perhaps some time with the faction in both Mk 2 games and Mk 3 will help me understand your view, but as a Menoth player I'm adoring the game right now.
>>
So which Protectorate jacks are the best now?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.