[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm just getting into 40k tabletop and I'm trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Space wolves.jpg (74 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
Space wolves.jpg
74 KB, 600x620
So I'm just getting into 40k tabletop and I'm trying to build a Spess Wolves army. Anyone got any good lists for around 2000 points. If you've got an estimated price that would be cool too, but not needed
>>
>>47736234

This thread is going to get derailed before it even begins.
>>
OP here, any kinda advice would be appreciated
>>
File: yiff_wagon.jpg (305 KB, 908x706) Image search: [Google]
yiff_wagon.jpg
305 KB, 908x706
>>47736234
Don't forget to get a wolf chariot!
>>
File: 1457776467288.png (112 KB, 390x376) Image search: [Google]
1457776467288.png
112 KB, 390x376
>>47736234
Have you considered no doing this?
>>
>>47736234
Lots of thunderwolves with storm shields
>>
>>47736234
Get 2000 Points of whatever the fuck you like. Thats how you play 40k. Dont build or ask for or build competitive lists. Warhammer is an imbalanced mess.
>>
>>47737969
This.

A second piece of advice: choose an army that isnt so fucking stupid
>>
>>47736234
Here is some advice, do not buy to many things at once. You will end up never building and/or paiting all of it, and that will leave you with a shitty primed/unassebled army
>>
Echoing what others have said in thread: build what you want, especially for aiming at 2000 points which is big if you're just starting. Get 500 points or so to see if you even like that army (500 is usually about a start collecting + another unit or so)
>>
>>47736234
Try not to build a space wolves army at all.
>>
File: Sip.png (23 KB, 103x112) Image search: [Google]
Sip.png
23 KB, 103x112
>>47736234
I can see a lot of shitposting, and not a single good advice.

Personally, I believe the best choice would be to buy/download (preferably download first) the codex, read the fluff, read about the units, think abot how you'd like your army to look like, and then start from there.

The Space Wolves give you a lot of fun ways to play (unless you're interested strictly in tournament play). You can go full elite with wolves and terminators, or play them almost like a horde with foot slogging blood claws and grey hunters.

The choice is yours, for friendly games just choose whatever theme suits you best and have fun.

As for the price, I'd reeeaaaly recommend buying at least some models off ebay, or at least at your local gaming store (unlike GW they actually offer some decent discounts), so the price may vary depeding on what kind of army you're interested in.
>>
>>47736234

Basically, this >>47739393

Build your army around a theme, and don't buy from GW.
>>
>>47739393
And here's where you can find codex downloads, OP.

http://wh40klib.ru/codex/Actually_codex_and_rule/
>>
>>47736234
Just one thing, i would advise not building 2000 points straight away. Start with 500 or so to get a feel of the faction and game. If it turns out you don't like it you haven't wasted as much money.

Also starting off and playing a few games will give you a better idea what kinda of army you want too build, you don't want too jump in with 2000 points and a few months later have too buy a whole bunch more stuff because the suggested list isn't too your liking. Plus facing down assembling and painting a whole large army all at once can be daunting and suck the fun out of it.

Start small and add a unit or 2 at a time as you finish building and painting them, the hobby will be more enjoyable as you go and as you gain experience with the game and army you'll know what units you want the playstyle you want.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.