[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>never played warhammer, fantasy or 40k but always had a passing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: questcat.jpg (51 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
questcat.jpg
51 KB, 400x323
>never played warhammer, fantasy or 40k but always had a passing interest
>bought warhammer total war
>WTW gets me interested in buying some fantasy models and painting them
>go to Games Workshop website
>no tab for fantasy, only Age of Sigmar
>all the empire dudes look like space Marines
>almost no dwarves
>lore that don't make no goddamn sense

Is there anywhere that still reliably sells old world fantasy miniatures? Or am I shit outa luck and gonna have to go with the age of Sigmar ones?
>>
>>47728372
Write an angry e-mail to GW, tell be sure to take your concern to heart.
>>
I don't understand the mindsset of someone who would play Age of Sigmar.

What is appealing about it?
>>
>>47728372
GW still sell most of them under weird names like how dwarfs are now "Dispossessed" like:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-EU/Longbeards

But you should never buy GW stuff direct from them ever you can always get better prices elsewhere, like
http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/dwarfs/
or whatever

>>47729542
Sigmar is a more streamlined 40k with Fantasy trappings, it's only about as bad as 40k and plenty of people play that.
>>
>>47728372
There is a lot of old models available. Last I checked most factions had their old models on their age of sigmar page.

Ebay is always decent too.
>>
>>47728372

Check out Avatar of War. They make more badass versions of the old WHFB miniatures, but not all races/models are available yet.
>>
>>47729542
It's ______fun______
>>
This is a variation of a shitpost that's been appearing in just about every Warhammer fantasy or AoS general for weeks, why thebfuck did you waste an entire thread on it?
>>
>>47733325
Your ideas suck, GW.
>>
>>47728372
This never happened. This is an angry Fantasy player trying to make it look like TW would have re-energized fantasy. It's kind of like the opposite of a shill.
>>
>>47730409
I don't understand why anybody would play 40k.
>>
>>47736564
I like it because I find it fun to play.
I also like the art style of the models more than most of the other games I've seen and 40k shit is available in nearly every /tg/ store I've visited so it's easy to collect and find opponents.

The game itself may be costly and unbalanced, but if your FLGS offers a discount on GW merchandise (like mine does) and your local group of players aren't dickheads, then it's actually really easy to enjoy the game.
>>
>>47729542
You don't remember what it was like to be 13?
>>
>>47728372
Welcome to the goddamn new world of Games Workshop. Learn to embrace getting shafted by a company of huge faggots.
>>
>>47736564
>why do people like the thing i don't like

I'm not smart enough to know the answer to this question either, but at least I'm smart enough to realize it applies to literally everyone and everything and not flail about and shit up /tg/ because I don't like thing.

So what if you don't like 40k?

SO WHAT?
>>
>>47728372
>top-tier video game adaption of a tabletop game comes out
>tabletop game has been discontinued the year before

Games Workshop: The Expert Salesmen
>>
>>47733325
There are still AoS generals?

>groan
>>
>>47736928
This is pretty much the attitude that the outspoken hate fuckers have finally pushed people to.

"We dont like thing."
>"Okay."
"WE REALLY DO NOT LIKE THING."
>"We get it, have tried other thing?"
"It is a pretty neat in the way it doOHMYFUCKINGGODIHATETHING"
>>
>lying on the internet about how TW totally would have saved Fantasy
>still being butthurt that nobody gave a fuck about Fantasy
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.