[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friday Night Magic Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 63245432543254325432623452.jpg (57 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
63245432543254325432623452.jpg
57 KB, 480x680
>what format did you play in?
>how did you do?
>best sideboard card?
>any salt stories?
>>
SOI draft. I've done really well recently. Gotten 1st place 3 times in the last 5 drafts and second place once. R/G and R/W are pretty damn strong.

Saltiest I've seen was when I got mana screwed and my opponent was playing B/W with westvale abby and sorin as his wincons. He got 5 creatures on the board before I had 2 lands. He had me beat in every way possible, but he decided to sac all his stuff for ormendahl. I topdeck my third land and angelic purge his demon. He's at like 28 life and i'm at 3 and I end up winning. He was just really quiet and looked constipated for the rest of the night
>>
>>47724385
Standard
>how did you do?
2-2 with a UG Investigate and Tutelage deck, so better than last week.
>best sideboard card?
Negate turned out to be a lifesaver against Madness.
>any salt stories?
>>
>>47725189
forgot the last one
>any salt stories?
Guy bought an Eternal Masters Booster Box and got only 2 mythics, not pricey enough to recuperate his loss. He was salty the whole time, especially when someone else drew two mana crypts, JtMS, a foil FoW and a foil Karakas.
>>
>>47724385
Legacy DnT
>how did you do?
3-1, Beat Eldrazi, High Tide, and Jund. Got punked by Twin, thought it was painter.
>best sideboard card?
Cataclysm, wrecks jund.
>any salt stories?
I had an Eldrazi player get super salty after getting triple wastelanded. She apologized after the match.
>>
>>47724385
>>what format did you play in?
EMA draft

>>how did you do?
3-1. Drafted a pretty sweet U/B deck, had no real bombs but lots of value and recursion. Also had a Worldgorger/Entomb/2 Animate Deads for the Worldgorger loop.

>>best sideboard card?
Urborg Uprising, believe it or not.

>>any salt stories?
Round 1, game 3, opponent lands a Silvos, Rogue Elemental. I have 5 outs in a 12 card deck. I draw 6 cards, all land. I lose to Silvos. Otherwise, I'd have gone undefeated. I was pretty fucking salty.
>>
>>47725262
How good is Twin in legacy? I can't imagine it being very good when other equally retarded 2-card combos in legacy are cheaper to cast (entomb+reanimate; show and tell+emmy, etc...)
>>
>>47726500
It was mostly the power of the U cards, the problem was that I thought it was a different deck, after seeing cantrips, UR , and a mainboard blood moon. I just got blindsided.
>>
>>47724385
EMA draft
>how did you do?
Split for 1st and 2nd in final round. Played Bant fliers. Green splashed for Trygon predator and pump spells
>best sideboard card?
Never needed to sideboard
>any salt stories?
Not for me but one of my opponents was very salty I had more than 1 copy of Control Magic in my deck
>>
File: 1465564141070.jpg (164 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
1465564141070.jpg
164 KB, 400x533
>EM, how'd you do
Pulled a Winter Orb, went 3-1 with a bye.

>Sideboard
Nope, never do.

>Any salt stories?
Dude at my table asked his buddy of they could trade unopened packs. Said he "felt lucky" . Buddy agrees to switch, dude pulled nothing and his friend got a foil Jace. He kicked over a few chairs and left.
>>
my LGS was charging $65 for an EM draft so I decided to pass
>>
>>47728363
kek, fucking scrub
>>
>>47728363
Never trade unopened packs. Never
>>
Is the standard format really bad right now? Because it seems like no one is playing it.
>>
Why does it seem like some people get salty about whatever the opponent plays? Like whenever they lose to vastly different decks, they say the deck is "unfun."
>>
>>47726500
>How good is Twin in legacy?
it's ok. you pretty much just play it like you would in modern with the added benefit of actual good blue spells and jitte.
>>
File: 1337861531577.png (13 KB, 523x497) Image search: [Google]
1337861531577.png
13 KB, 523x497
>>47732281
they feel like they deserve to win and the opponent playing well or being a topdeck warlock causes massive, crippling butthurt.

i love to ask my opponents why they feel entitled to the match points if they start acting dooker-defenestrated about my cardboard wizardry.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.