[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
shocking revelations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Assuming there's padding between the armor and your body; particularly at the point of entry, would a suit of metal armor dampen the effects of electricity, or make it worse?
>>
I think it could Depend if the electrical charge in question can overcome the resistance of the gambeson-type garment.

Also, electricity damages the body at the exit point; not the entry.

Electricity seems to take the path of least resistance, so there's a good chance it'd just run down the outside of his armour and earth itself harmlessly.

You could probably do with answers from someone with a less vague idea of how electrical currents work.
>>
>>47723241
> Electricity seems to take the path of least resistance, so there's a good chance it'd just run down the outside of his armour and earth itself harmlessly.

That's basically what I was assuming would happen, in the context there's no break in padding between the entry and exit points.
>>
>>47723373
i think that even if there's a break it would still prefer going through the more conductive metal
>>
>>47723111
If you completely cover yourself in armor, yes. It's called a Faraday cage, people who fix power lines often wear a light weight metallic suit.
>>
There may be no reason for the electricity to even enter the body if the person is wearing enough armor. There are shows that people do wearing chain without any padding where they direct the current from a Tesla coil by moving around.
>>
>>47723398
though it might make the armor really really hot
>>
>>47723111
>Make electricity worse?
If you are electrocuted with or without armor you would take the exact same amount of 'damage'.

Wearing armor would make it more probable to be stuck by lightning or a lightning bolt.

>>47723419
what he said.

Now if you were grounded which is likely electricity would have no effect on you.

If you weren't grounded then the next jabroni you come in contact with that is is fuckin' dead son.
>>
>>47723424
No it wouldn't. Heat is created from current flowing through a material with a high resistance. Generally metal is a good conductor and will flow through it easily but it depends what the armor is made from.
>>
>>47723373
>>47723241

Note that if they're on a horse that horse is fucked. Electric attacks would be a brutal anti-cavalry attack - a squad of pikachus would be worth an entire battallion of swiss pikemen.
>>
>>47723111
I dunno, but here's a slightly related video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FpjcOWwiI4
>>
File: 1460612530350.jpg (99 KB, 624x415) Image search: [Google]
1460612530350.jpg
99 KB, 624x415
>>47723111
I knew I saved this link for a reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNxDgd3D_bU
>>
>>47723241
>Also, electricity damages the body at the exit point; not the entry.
I'm pretty sure that's not true. It damages the exit, the entry, and everything in between
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.